Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Alvarez vs Trout Preview and Poll-Vote Now!
FightHype Community > BOXING HYPE > Boxing
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5
maac
QUOTE (daprofessor @ Apr 4 2013, 01:28 PM) *
just goes to show...this guy is supposed to be a respected judge and he doesn't know shit about boxing. he's been spending way too much time with jim and larry. it has clouded his judgement.

Respect to other opinions. As mexican, I not only want, but i believe that
(although not "destroying") Canelo will win convincingly, without controversy.
Sunday 21 we'll see who will eat crow, and if I am, I will accept it.
Franchize
Ledermann is a respected judge but he's also one of those old school guys who is always going to prefer the aggressor over the boxer.
daprofessor
QUOTE (maac @ Apr 4 2013, 03:13 PM) *
Respect to other opinions. As mexican, I not only want, but i believe that
(although not "destroying") Canelo will win convincingly, without controversy.
Sunday 21 we'll see who will eat crow, and if I am, I will accept it.

i'd like to see the fight end without controversy...but it's happening in texas, so that is going to be a challenge. we'll see.
Dolimite
QUOTE (daprofessor @ Apr 4 2013, 01:32 PM) *
i'd like to see the fight end without controversy...but it's happening in texas, so that is going to be a challenge. we'll see.

This will be the biggest robbery in the history of robberies!
daprofessor
QUOTE (Dolimite @ Apr 4 2013, 07:35 PM) *
This will be the biggest robbery in the history of robberies!

i'm hoping trout makes it very definitive and leaves zero doubt.
BrutUalBK
“I hate to say this, but I think Canelo’s going to destroy him,” Lederman said bluntly. “I like Austin Trout, I like Greg Cohen, I like the whole team; but Canelo’s something special. He really is.”

“Let me tell you something, I really believe, from the bottom of my heart, that Canelo is a star,” Lederman said of Alvarez. “I can’t help saying that. Canelo is a star. He can box, he can move, he can punch. He’s 22 years old and he fights like a veteran that’s 35 years old. He’s a guy that’s just a terrific, natural, great fighter. I love Canelo Alvarez.”

Trout is coming off of his biggest victory as a professional this past December, when he went into New York’s Madison Square Garden and scored a commanding unanimous decision victory over Puerto Rico’s Miguel Cotto.

Lederman gave all praise to Trout for the victory, but simply can’t be swayed in his prediction for his next fight.

“He did impress me against Cotto,” Lederman admitted. “He took on a good fighter and he beat a good fighter and I thought he did very, very well. I just think Canelo’s something special. Cotto, on the other hand, a little bit on the way down. I hate to say it, but that’s what it appears.”

Is he sniffing the Cinnamon too much??
daprofessor
i guess everyone is entitled to their opinion.
Dolimite
QUOTE (daprofessor @ Apr 4 2013, 03:57 PM) *
i guess everyone is entitled to their own wrong opinion.

Fixed it for you!

And Harold always thinks his cards are right as well, so this is like saying nothing to me. Harold was a big cheerleader for Orphan Annie so this is no surprise. No original thought what so ever, so who the hell cares!
Dolimite
QUOTE (daprofessor @ Apr 4 2013, 03:46 PM) *
i'm hoping trout makes it very definitive and leaves zero doubt.

Sweat Pea did the same thing and look what happen!
BrutUalBK
QUOTE (Dolimite @ Apr 4 2013, 07:05 PM) *
Fixed it for you!

And Harold always thinks his cards are right as well, so this is like saying nothing to me. Harold was a big cheerleader for Orphan Annie so this is no surprise. No original thought what so ever, so who the hell cares!

We are very fortunate this fight isn't on HBO because can you imagine what his scorecards would look like between the rounds and how he'd be trying to justify his scoring and not to mention Lampley cheerleading along/backing him up on his foolishness too.
mgrover
Harold always likes the aggressive fighters, this ain't nothing new
daprofessor
QUOTE (Dolimite @ Apr 4 2013, 07:09 PM) *
Sweat Pea did the same thing and look what happen!

yeah. at least dk and arum are not involved in this one.
mrchitown
He has expressed his opinion but I disagree, Lederman's mind has been baked for yrs now. HBO needs some new blood, him and Lampley need to be replaced like yesterday
Jack 1000
Trout is getting robbed on the cards,

This is inevitable. One judge will give it to Trout about 116-112 which will be a fair score. The other two biased Mexican, Texas, California, or any combination judges will go 115-113 and 116-112 for Alverez. I voted foul split decisison,

What I want to ask the community is, do you think Trout and his people KNOW the fuckery that he is walking into with Alvarez being the draw and the Texas commission's appointment of officials in "Cinnamon Head's" favor? Do you think Trout will be given money to throw the fight? Would he take a bribe? I don't think so, but who knows.

Jack
Dolimite
QUOTE (Jack 1000 @ Apr 4 2013, 10:23 PM) *
Trout is getting robbed on the cards,

This is inevitable. One judge will give it to Trout about 116-112 which will be a fair score. The other two biased Mexican, Texas, California, or any combination judges will go 115-113 and 116-112 for Alverez. I voted foul split decisison,

What I want to ask the community is, do you think Trout and his people KNOW the fuckery that he is walking into with Alvarez being the draw and the Texas commission's appointment of officials in "Cinnamon Head's" favor? Do you think Trout will be given money to throw the fight? Would he take a bribe? I don't think so, but who knows.

Jack

Trout has to know that the sport of boxing is against him, judges, Golden Boy, and the crowd. If he does not clearly beat the crap out of Red Head then he has no chance at all. He has to knock him down to even get a draw. He is not winning on the score cards. Remember Red head is the next Oscar Dela Hoya so there is no way he can win on the cards, no way! He has to Tyson this guy. And that will not guarantee a victory.
Cshel86
QUOTE (Jack 1000 @ Apr 5 2013, 01:23 AM) *

I believe Trout and his team know what they're walking into when it comes to Texas, but the biggest question is, will they be naive and hope that the "fans" will take their side enough to protest a bad decision here?

That's my whole mind frame after bad decisions are called in boxing, don't worry about me and what they fans "know they saw", you should've been going for the knockout, regardless.

laugh.gif

Some of these guys (and their team) want the sympathy of the fans after a robbery instead of worrying about that 'L' on their record. Hell, some teams don't even try to avenge the robbery, they just carry themselves like, "we know who really won the fight", while the culprit moves on in his career and makes the big bucks.

A robbery is inevitable here...Canelo and his people (and fans, and promoters, and managers, and whoever tha fuck) wants to see him face Mayweather...no need to ruin that over a guy that no one really knows. Of course Trout beat Cotto, who lost to Mayweather...so....where was that train even going?

Cotto took a bad fight, let Canelo sit back in a safety zone, and now Canelo's gonna "win" this Trout fight, come hell or high water, so he can continue chasing Mayweather. Even if the Mayweather fight doesn't happen immediately after this "win" over Trout, guess who Canelo can STILL fight and make great money off of? Yep you got it, Miguel "Please the fans even if its a bad business decision" Cotto.

Thanks Cotto, for trying to please the fans against a stylistic nightmare that no one knew about (and still doesn't know), and ending up playing second fiddle to somebody who doesn't even deserve a janitorial position in the sport (Canelo).

I voted for Trout by close decision, but let's just be real here, we ALL hate how Canelo's being handled (business wise), so he's going to upset the apple cart JUST because we want to see him lose. I believe he can stop Trout, and chances are, he will....juuuust because we cant stand his situation right now. Lol
daprofessor
it's so sad that a robbery is a very possible scenario for this fight.
mgrover
and people used to hate on Arum for shit like this. I swear if this ends up in a robbery, I may actually never watch a golden boy fight again.
daprofessor
QUOTE (mgrover @ Apr 5 2013, 06:18 PM) *
and people used to hate on Arum for shit like this. I swear if this ends up in a robbery, I may actually never watch a golden boy fight again.

who do u think goldenboy came up under?
mgrover
QUOTE (daprofessor @ Apr 6 2013, 12:47 AM) *
who do u think goldenboy came up under?

Oscar?

It's just making you lose faith at times in the sport
daprofessor
QUOTE (mgrover @ Apr 5 2013, 07:16 PM) *
Oscar?

It's just making you lose faith at times in the sport

oscar came up under arum. what he knows comes directly from him. he's just repeating what he learned.
mgrover
QUOTE (daprofessor @ Apr 6 2013, 03:19 AM) *
oscar came up under arum. what he knows comes directly from him. he's just repeating what he learned.

I know but still doesn't make it right. This fight needs to hurry up and happen. I need to win a bet haha
Dolimite
QUOTE (daprofessor @ Apr 4 2013, 04:57 PM) *
yeah. at least dk and arum are not involved in this one.

golden boy is involved so hey!

QUOTE (daprofessor @ Apr 5 2013, 12:54 PM) *
it's so sad that a robbery is a very possible scenario for this fight.

it is going to happen
Cshel86
Is it the 20th yet???
Dolimite
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Apr 10 2013, 07:06 AM) *
Is it the 20th yet???

That is if you are drunk, why not!
checkleft
Well trout came out and said Canelo would not have signed this fight without a rematch clause.
mgrover
funny thing is Trout doesn't get that rematch clause, just Canelo
VJones
QUOTE (mgrover @ Apr 10 2013, 02:29 PM) *

Yeah, typical, unfortunately. He's the "draw". Trout insisted on random drug testing through USADA, so he was able to put his mark on the terms as well.

One of the benefits, I think, to this GBP/HBO/TR/SHO war might just be in keeping everyone in line. P's and Q's and all that. Each entity needs to look great right now...controversy in the way of scoring, mismatches, robberies etc. would not be a good look for anyone right now. So maybe, just maybe, the fans might win this time.
mgrover
QUOTE (VJones @ Apr 10 2013, 11:03 PM) *
Yeah, typical, unfortunately. He's the "draw". Trout insisted on random drug testing through USADA, so he was able to put his mark on the terms as well.

One of the benefits, I think, to this GBP/HBO/TR/SHO war might just be in keeping everyone in line. P's and Q's and all that. Each entity needs to look great right now...controversy in the way of scoring, mismatches, robberies etc. would not be a good look for anyone right now. So maybe, just maybe, the fans might win this time.

I don't know I think arum can do whatever since HBO can't afford to lose him too. Showtime while are legit ate for once getting decent money and money corrupts. I can see them getting big like HBO and then falling down like HBO
Cshel86
QUOTE (Dolimite @ Apr 10 2013, 12:15 PM) *
That is if you are drunk, why not!

Hahahaha!!!

QUOTE (checkleft @ Apr 10 2013, 02:01 PM) *
Well trout came out and said Canelo would not have signed this fight without a rematch clause.

Sounds like somebody's having a serious case of doubt going on. laugh.gif

QUOTE (mgrover @ Apr 10 2013, 03:29 PM) *

Sort of reminds me of how Manny made Mosley take extra testing, but he himself didn't.
checkleft
QUOTE (VJones @ Apr 10 2013, 05:03 PM) *

Actually it seemed like trout wanted vada or something. In the article I read he was kind of going at usada
mgrover
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Apr 11 2013, 02:44 AM) *
Hahahaha!!!

Sounds like somebody's having a serious case of doubt going on. laugh.gif

Sort of reminds me of how Manny made Mosley take extra testing, but he himself didn't.

Really I didn't know Mosley took extra testing? Although he did tell Mayweather after the fight that he should get Pac tested. Sounds like a sore loser to me
VJones
QUOTE (checkleft @ Apr 11 2013, 12:23 AM) *
Actually it seemed like trout wanted vada or something. In the article I read he was kind of going at usada

Correct. He would have preferred VADA over USADA. He expressed some concerns over USADA handling it (not sure on what basis). But the testing is through USADA.
VJones
With every new training blog post I read from Austin Trout, I like him more and more...I believe in him more and more...and I find myself more and more excited about a fight I was already pretty stoked about!!

Anyone else enjoying his blog as much as I am?
VJones
Duplicate.
mgrover
QUOTE (VJones @ Apr 11 2013, 07:12 PM) *
With every new training blog post I read from Austin Trout, I like him more and more...I believe in him more and more...and I find myself more and more excited about a fight I was already pretty stoked about!!

It is a great blog that's well written, which shows that he could also be well spoken to the public
VJones
QUOTE (mgrover @ Apr 11 2013, 02:21 PM) *
It is a great blog that's well written, which shows that he could also be well spoken to the public

Definitely! And he comes up with some great soundbites. One of my favorites, referencing the pro-Cotto fans at Madison: "They were trying to put this fish out of water. But what they didn't understand is, this fish moonwalks in outer space."

Clever guy. Hope he stays hungry and grounded.
daprofessor
QUOTE (VJones @ Apr 11 2013, 01:12 PM) *

Absolutely.
checkleft
QUOTE (VJones @ Apr 11 2013, 02:07 PM) *
Correct. He would have preferred VADA over USADA. He expressed some concerns over USADA handling it (not sure on what basis). But the testing is through USADA.

He said something about them hiding tests or destroying them, kind of curious to know what he's talking about.
aTYpicalTYrant
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Apr 10 2013, 09:44 PM) *

I HAD NO IDEA! Shane had to do extra testing while Manny did not! That's insane.
mgrover
QUOTE (aTYpicalTYrant @ Apr 15 2013, 01:17 PM) *
I HAD NO IDEA! Shane had to do extra testing while Manny did not! That's insane.

Am still waiting on source for this. I know Roach asked for it but did it go through??
MaxPayne
I don't know how else to explain this, but right now, for some reason, I see Canelo winning this fight.

I think it will be a close fight, but the problem is this: Trout doesn't seem to have much power.

In Canelo's fight against Mosley, he got hit with some straight up bombs and walked right through them.

Austin Trout Boxrec Profile

Since 2007, Trout has fought 19 times. Of those 19 opponents, he's stopped 7 guys.

Here are the records of the guys he has stopped:

Raul Munoz (19-9), Nelson Estupinan (13-5), Roderick McGary (1-0), Steve Verdin (8-38), Bradley Thompson (15-13), Martin Avila (9-4), Frank LaPorto (15-4)

Of these fighters, I think it's safe to say that 5 of the fighters were pretty much bums (Munoz, McGary, Verdin, Thompson and Avila). The other 2 also have journeyman records at best.

This is troubling if you're considering betting on Trout.

Now, why is power important ? Well, it's important because Trout won't get the credit he deserves for landed punches unless you can visibly see Canelo's head snapping back. Now while Canelo is no Pernell Whitaker, he does have fairly solid defense. He will get hit in this fight, but as demonstrated in the Mosley fight, I think he has what it takes to walk through clean shots from Trout.

We all know what happens when a guy relentless stalks an opponent for 12 rounds, walking through punches and also happening to be the more marketable fighter.

Canelo by Decision.

Cshel86
QUOTE (mgrover @ Apr 15 2013, 06:47 PM) *
Am still waiting on source for this. I know Roach asked for it but did it go through??

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/544082-...ao-mosley-fight

You're right, Roach did request those random tests, but the real question is, did it go through on Manny's end? Remember, this is the same guy who declined random testing for the biggest payday of his career, so I dont see him doing anything special to fight a shot Mosley. Im just sayin
Cshel86
Is it the 20th yet??? Sheesh
Dolimite
Robbery of the century. I am so pessimistic about this fight that I honestly do not even want to watch it. I get sick thinking about it. If the scoring for Donaire and Rigondeaux was close what do you think will happen against Trout and Saul?
mgrover
QUOTE (Dolimite @ Apr 16 2013, 05:21 PM) *
Robbery of the century. I am so pessimistic about this fight that I honestly do not even want to watch it. I get sick thinking about it. If the scoring for Donaire and Rigondeaux was close what do you think will happen against Trout and Saul?

Am hoping it'll be decisive, I don't expect Trout to stop Canelo but I think he could outclass him
daprofessor
after last weekends fight...and rigondeaux getting the win he deserved....i'm feeling optimistic about the trout/canelo fight.
VJones
QUOTE (MaxPayne @ Apr 16 2013, 06:11 AM) *
I don't know how else to explain this, but right now, for some reason, I see Canelo winning this fight.

I think it will be a close fight, but the problem is this: Trout doesn't seem to have much power.

In Canelo's fight against Mosley, he got hit with some straight up bombs and walked right through them.

Austin Trout Boxrec Profile

Since 2007, Trout has fought 19 times. Of those 19 opponents, he's stopped 7 guys.

Here are the records of the guys he has stopped:

Raul Munoz (19-9), Nelson Estupinan (13-5), Roderick McGary (1-0), Steve Verdin (8-38), Bradley Thompson (15-13), Martin Avila (9-4), Frank LaPorto (15-4)

Of these fighters, I think it's safe to say that 5 of the fighters were pretty much bums (Munoz, McGary, Verdin, Thompson and Avila). The other 2 also have journeyman records at best.

This is troubling if you're considering betting on Trout.

Now, why is power important ? Well, it's important because Trout won't get the credit he deserves for landed punches unless you can visibly see Canelo's head snapping back. Now while Canelo is no Pernell Whitaker, he does have fairly solid defense. He will get hit in this fight, but as demonstrated in the Mosley fight, I think he has what it takes to walk through clean shots from Trout.

We all know what happens when a guy relentless stalks an opponent for 12 rounds, walking through punches and also happening to be the more marketable fighter.

Canelo by Decision.

I hear you Max, but I think you're forgetting one important element...Mosley is truly a 147-pounder. Austin Trout is a true Junior Middleweight. Strangely (tongue in cheek here) enough, Canelo hasn't been fighting any '54-pounders, so I have a feeling it's Canelo who will feel the power differential.

My money's on Trout all the way. smile.gif

QUOTE (daprofessor @ Apr 16 2013, 01:37 PM) *
after last weekends fight...and rigondeaux getting the win he deserved....i'm feeling optimistic about the trout/canelo fight.

I think we're due to see another outclassing, Prof! #TroutNation =)
MaxPayne
I think that in a perfect world, with fair scoring, Trout should win comfortably.

In the world we live in though ?

Well...things might turn out a little different. You and I both know why.
Cshel86
QUOTE (MaxPayne @ Apr 16 2013, 07:11 AM) *

Good stuff, but let's be honest here, how much pop did Shane have at 154? Im speaking of the times that he could actually pull the trigger. Another thing that you have to consider is the fact that Canelo hit Shane with everything but the kitchen sink, and Shane wouldn't go down.

As for Trout, if he truly "steps on the gas" here (as he mentioned), then he could go for the knockout. Cintron was shot and still able to land some decent shots on Canelo before he allowed himself to fold...its always one thing or another with that Cintron guy. laugh.gif

Let's not forget about the reach advantage that Trout has, which is a 3 inch advantage (26 inch reach over Canelo's 23 inch reach). The question is, will Trout utilize it, or will his feelings of wanting to hurt Canelo, actually hinder him?

I think Trout shook off all of the big fight jitters in the Cotto fight. I believe he'll perform even better in this fight.

Problem is, the majority of us hate Canelo, so I can actually see him pulling off an upset, for that reason alone. laugh.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.