Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Alvarez vs Trout Preview and Poll-Vote Now!
FightHype Community > BOXING HYPE > Boxing
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5
sduck
Mosley's power didn't even look there in that fight, iirc
daprofessor
QUOTE (VJones @ Apr 17 2013, 12:57 AM) *
I think we're due to see another outclassing, Prof! #TroutNation =)

indeed. 2 more days!!! smile.gif
Jack 1000
The Good News on The Officials:

Two good international judges. Stan Christodoulu from South Africa and Ray Denseco the Phillipeans, respectively.

The Bad News:

Lawrence Cole got the call as ref and one of the Texas judges is NAMED ALVAREZ!!!! (Javier Alvarez) Well, it's gonna be up to Ray and Stan to be fair.

I hope Trout doesn't get DQ'd for...........fighting!

More here:

http://ringtv.craveonline.com/blog/178215-...whitaker-chavez

Jack

Dolimite
I just found out that I will not be able t watch this fight on Saturday, I will have to catch the replay. I will be gone on a business and apparently the hotel we are staying at does not have Showtime, so there goes my day. I am going to try to see if a bar has the fight but most likely I will still be working. Yawl have fin and I will be joining yawl late in the conversation. See ya'll Sunday thumbsdown_anim.gif
MaxPayne
2 international judges is absolutely great for Trout. Now, I can conceivably see him winning the fight, short of the referee doing something scandalous.
Cshel86
QUOTE (Dolimite @ Apr 18 2013, 07:51 AM) *
I just found out that I will not be able t watch this fight on Saturday, I will have to catch the replay. I will be gone on a business and apparently the hotel we are staying at does not have Showtime, so there goes my day. I am going to try to see if a bar has the fight but most likely I will still be working. Yawl have fin and I will be joining yawl late in the conversation. See ya'll Sunday thumbsdown_anim.gif

Damn that sucks! Question, would you have rather had this business trip last weekend, or this upcoming weekend? What a decision, huh? Lol

Anyhow, I have a wedding to go to next Sunday. My homeboy of 8 years is tying the knot. Oh what a joyous occasion! Best believe, I wont be at the reception long though...there IS a fight that I've been waiting to see for the past few months! Oh well...cant please everybody. laugh.gif

What do you do, like, for a living...you know, shit like that?
Hotsauce
i want to put money on trout but im scared
Dolimite
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Apr 18 2013, 05:23 AM) *
Damn that sucks! Question, would you have rather had this business trip last weekend, or this upcoming weekend? What a decision, huh? Lol

Anyhow, I have a wedding to go to next Sunday. My homeboy of 8 years is tying the knot. Oh what a joyous occasion! Best believe, I wont be at the reception long though...there IS a fight that I've been waiting to see for the past few months! Oh well...cant please everybody. laugh.gif

What do you do, like, for a living...you know, shit like that?

I work with a marketing and promotion firm. I will be in all places Charlotte, NC promoting some Bank Of America event for some big shot. I am not happy about it and to be honest I tried to say there was a death in the family but then why bring on bad luck? They want us to try to get freaking Waka Flocka to open up the event, I am like WTF? I told them no! So I have to find someone at the last minute to come in and do this show. What pissed me off they let me know about this trip: YESTERDAY! So I will be really pissed off during this event.

Blessing to your homeboy, I plan on getting married one day, when I have no idea. Actually I knew that Rigondeaux would box Donaire to death. So I guess I would rather be out of town last week because they usually carry HBO in hotels but not showtime.
Cshel86
QUOTE (Hotsauce @ Apr 18 2013, 11:40 AM) *
i want to put money on trout but im scared

Sacred money dont make no money!
Cshel86
QUOTE (Dolimite @ Apr 18 2013, 12:33 PM) *
I work with a marketing and promotion firm. I will be in all places Charlotte, NC promoting some Bank Of America event for some big shot. I am not happy about it and to be honest I tried to say there was a death in the family but then why bring on bad luck? They want us to try to get freaking Waka Flocka to open up the event, I am like WTF? I told them no! So I have to find someone at the last minute to come in and do this show. What pissed me off they let me know about this trip: YESTERDAY! So I will be really pissed off during this event.

Blessing to your homeboy, I plan on getting married one day, when I have no idea. Actually I knew that Rigondeaux would box Donaire to death. So I guess I would rather be out of town last week because they usually carry HBO in hotels but not showtime.

Oh okay, sounds like an interesting job. Im sure its not interesting for you this weekend, though. LOL

Waka is garbage for the most part, I can only stand to hear some of his stuff. Imagine having Waka Flaka scream garbage this weekend, when you could've been home. Oh the joy! Lol.

They let you know, on yesterday?! WTF? They better a hot naked woman ready in your room when you get there, or at least a nice bathroom that'll make you feel like a King when you take a shit. Where's the courtesy nowadays??? Madness, I tell ya....straight madness!

Hotsauce
lmao @ waka flocka
VJones
QUOTE (MaxPayne @ Apr 17 2013, 06:35 AM) *
I think that in a perfect world, with fair scoring, Trout should win comfortably.

In the world we live in though ?

Well...things might turn out a little different. You and I both know why.

Sadly true. I'm hoping however, that the microscope GBP is under right now will provoke them to ensure a fair and even playing fi....oh, who am I kidding. Oscar in particular is without integrity and seems to have an almost sick fascination with Canelo that goes beyond the typical, "I believe in my fighter and want the best for him." The dude seems obsessed with Red. Lol

And the media shills right along with him. For instance, why isn't the mainstream media reporting the arrest warrant that the Attorney General in Jalisco decided to move forward with for Canelo and his brother on yesterday. Is that not news? I mean, 3 days before his biggest fight, warrants for assault and battery are being sought for a popular boxer, fighting in America...yet no mention by mainstream press?

And how many of them bothered to report on the alleged 2011 incident of assault on a flyweight (a man half his size) in the first place? They didn't.

Yet Broner's club habits are "news". Someone recently asked about double-standards in boxing by the media et al...here we see yet another example of it. Add to that, the complete media blackout in regards to Robert Guerrero's gun case. No one has pressed him to respond. No questions. We don't even have him on camera saying: "I'd prefer not to talk about it...it's an open case...blah blah blah."

Nothing.

Because regardless of your thoughts on gun laws...any arrest looks bad...and we can't have certain fighters looking bad, can we? Just like we can't have certain fighters appearing to actually be good, decent guys doing the best with what they've been given.

Anyway....though Canelo is safely tucked in Texas, and I doubt this effects the fight going through....I, for one, wonder if word of the warrant has gotten to Canelo and if this might effect his mindset at all as he prepares for such an important match.

Rant over. =)
mgrover
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Apr 18 2013, 06:52 PM) *
Sacred money dont make no money!

moneys been on Trout for quite a while now. It's going nowhere lol
Dolimite
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Apr 18 2013, 10:59 AM) *
Oh okay, sounds like an interesting job. Im sure its not interesting for you this weekend, though. LOL

Waka is garbage for the most part, I can only stand to hear some of his stuff. Imagine having Waka Flaka scream garbage this weekend, when you could've been home. Oh the joy! Lol.

They let you know, on yesterday?! WTF? They better a hot naked woman ready in your room when you get there, or at least a nice bathroom that'll make you feel like a King when you take a shit. Where's the courtesy nowadays??? Madness, I tell ya....straight madness!

I would die if I had to hear that so called "artist" say anything. The Corporate world loves rappers, for what ever reason. I am trying to book a local artist so we can actually save money but if I can I may pool Lil Brother out my ass but they broke up so who knows. Hey Mase is always looking for work so maybe I can get him for 50 bucks. Corporate black women are sexy as hell to me but trying to bed them is a different story. They want your real name and phone number! Yeah right. It is interesting when there isn't a fight on that I have been waiting to see for three months. Anyway, I just dread these functions. I hope they cancel it.
Jack 1000
From Fightnews:

http://www.fightnews.com/Boxing/alvarez-tr...nference-187514

Jose Suliman's comments worry me about the officiating, big time:

Alvarez-Trout Press Conference

WBC champ Saul “Canelo” Alvarez and WBA champ Austin Trout faced off today at the San Antonio Marriott Rivercenter during their final press conference for Saturday’s WBC/WBA super welterweight unificationn fight at the Alamodome.

Canelo Alvarez: “I just want to prove that I’m the best and I’m ready!”

Austin Trout: “I am the best fighter at 154 lbs and have no doubt I’ll come out with my hands raised.”

Promoter Oscar de la Hoya: “No matter who wins, the public is the inevitable winner. We just want a good, clean, fair fight.”

WBC President Jose Sulaiman: “No matter what the press have to say, Canelo Alvarez is the absolute best champion.”

(On that note, Delahoya trying tp be neutral is a mask. He wants Alvarez to win just as much as Suliman does.) We may still have some bullshit with the officiating. (I wonder if Laurence Cole will give his prediction? Shit!) I just don't see neutrality for Trout. Even Alvarez gets a mandated rematch clause should he lose, no such situation for Trout.

Jack
daprofessor
QUOTE (VJones @ Apr 18 2013, 05:37 PM) *
Sadly true. I'm hoping however, that the microscope GBP is under right now will provoke them to ensure a fair and even playing fi....oh, who am I kidding. Oscar in particular is without integrity and seems to have an almost sick fascination with Canelo that goes beyond the typical, "I believe in my fighter and want the best for him." The dude seems obsessed with Red. Lol

And the media shills right along with him. For instance, why isn't the mainstream media reporting the arrest warrant that the Attorney General in Jalisco decided to move forward with for Canelo and his brother on yesterday. Is that not news? I mean, 3 days before his biggest fight, warrants for assault and battery are being sought for a popular boxer, fighting in America...yet no mention by mainstream press?

And how many of them bothered to report on the alleged 2011 incident of assault on a flyweight (a man half his size) in the first place? They didn't.

Yet Broner's club habits are "news". Someone recently asked about double-standards in boxing by the media et al...here we see yet another example of it. Add to that, the complete media blackout in regards to Robert Guerrero's gun case. No one has pressed him to respond. No questions. We don't even have him on camera saying: "I'd prefer not to talk about it...it's an open case...blah blah blah."

Nothing.

Because regardless of your thoughts on gun laws...any arrest looks bad...and we can't have certain fighters looking bad, can we? Just like we can't have certain fighters appearing to actually be good, decent guys doing the best with what they've been given.

Anyway....though Canelo is safely tucked in Texas, and I doubt this effects the fight going through....I, for one, wonder if word of the warrant has gotten to Canelo and if this might effect his mindset at all as he prepares for such an important match.

Rant over. =)

whoa!!! arrest warrant!? no shit!? who did he assault this time?
daprofessor
QUOTE (Jack 1000 @ Apr 18 2013, 07:32 PM) *
From Fightnews:

http://www.fightnews.com/Boxing/alvarez-tr...nference-187514

Jose Suliman's comments worry me about the officiating, big time:

Alvarez-Trout Press Conference

WBC champ Saul “Canelo” Alvarez and WBA champ Austin Trout faced off today at the San Antonio Marriott Rivercenter during their final press conference for Saturday’s WBC/WBA super welterweight unificationn fight at the Alamodome.

Canelo Alvarez: “I just want to prove that I’m the best and I’m ready!”

Austin Trout: “I am the best fighter at 154 lbs and have no doubt I’ll come out with my hands raised.”

Promoter Oscar de la Hoya: “No matter who wins, the public is the inevitable winner. We just want a good, clean, fair fight.”

WBC President Jose Sulaiman: “No matter what the press have to say, Canelo Alvarez is the absolute best champion.”

(On that note, Delahoya trying tp be neutral is a mask. He wants Alvarez to win just as much as Suliman does.) We may still have some bullshit with the officiating. (I wonder if Laurence Cole will give his prediction? Shit!) I just don't see neutrality for Trout. Even Alvarez gets a mandated rematch clause should he lose, no such situation for Trout.

Jack

wtf!? huh.gif aaaaaaaah shit! laugh.gif this is some bullshit right here!
Jack 1000
You know, at first when I saw the two neutral judges, I had a small hope that Trout would get a fair shake. I'll still put that at 40%. 60% says that some fuckery goes down that benefits Alvarez. I think Cole or the commission doctor will be involved in a possible premature stoppage, or some kind of headbutt shit. The ball is in Cole's and or the commission doctor to somehow fuck this up. Maybe we will all be wrong and get that 40% fair shake! Let's hope.

One thing I am convinced is that Trout WILL give it his all.

Jack
KOpower
Honest question for you guys....

Where will this fight be judged more fairly: this forum or Texas?

To me it seems like everyone is convinced that Canelo will lose a decision and that the only way he wins is if the judges give it to him. Confirmation bias is a very real thing and it sounds like that's what we are setting ourselves up for here.

I EXPECT the judges to get it right. They got it right in the Cotto fight and hopefully they get it right here. I think Trout wins, but it is 50-50 and Canelo could certainly pull it out. I want Trout to win. It should be a very interesting fight but if we go into it with the expectation that the judges will mess it up, there is a very good chance that Canelo will find himself in a no-win situation here. Heck, there are guys here that think Bradley won the Pacman fight.
VJones
QUOTE (daprofessor @ Apr 18 2013, 07:11 PM) *
whoa!!! arrest warrant!? no shit!? who did he assault this time?

Same case from 2011 (Archie Solis)...just the crap-covered wheels of justice moving in slow motion as usual...so it's now finally catching up to him. GBP and Sulaiman did there best to cover it up, but it seems that now the Attorney General is intent on charges.

But you know if Austin Trout had some charges somewhere, the media would be all abuzz about it...intent on distracting that man with questions from every turn.
Jack 1000
QUOTE (KOpower @ Apr 18 2013, 10:38 PM) *

To me it seems like everyone is convinced that Canelo will lose a decision and that the only way he wins is if the judges give it to him. Confirmation bias is a very real thing and it sounds like that's what we are setting ourselves up for here.

I EXPECT the judges to get it right. They got it right in the Cotto fight and hopefully they get it right here. I think Trout wins, but it is 50-50 and Canelo could certainly pull it out. I want Trout to win. It should be a very interesting fight but if we go into it with the expectation that the judges will mess it up, there is a very good chance that Canelo will find himself in a no-win situation here. Heck, there are guys here that think Bradley won the Pacman fight.

KO Power,

I think that our general expectations on the forum at least for some officiating bullshit are so high, that if there is a bad decision no matter how bad, we won't be shocked much at all because we saw this coming. If the verdict is fair, we will be more shocked in a good way that the powers that be got it right. Trout-Cotto was a surprise. Trout not only got it, but a New York judge had it a near shutout for him! If any of those judges have it a near shutout for Trout it will be one of the biggest shocks in the history of boxing! LOL!

Jack
Cshel86
QUOTE (mgrover @ Apr 18 2013, 05:42 PM) *
moneys been on Trout for quite a while now. It's going nowhere lol

laugh.gif

QUOTE (Dolimite @ Apr 18 2013, 06:31 PM) *
I would die if I had to hear that so called "artist" say anything. The Corporate world loves rappers, for what ever reason. I am trying to book a local artist so we can actually save money but if I can I may pool Lil Brother out my ass but they broke up so who knows. Hey Mase is always looking for work so maybe I can get him for 50 bucks. Corporate black women are sexy as hell to me but trying to bed them is a different story. They want your real name and phone number! Yeah right. It is interesting when there isn't a fight on that I have been waiting to see for three months. Anyway, I just dread these functions. I hope they cancel it.

Just go and find Broner and his crew of goonies to rap at the convention, you're sure to save some money there. Remember, "They liiiiive though!" laugh.gif

Totally agree, corporate women, hardworking women, women with degrees, etc...are hard to bed nowadays. They tend to forget about the basic, bang your dude, make sure he's happy, and dont be so quick to object to everything.

That's why I like the "throwaway" chicks, at least you're sure to get your meat wet without having to meet a bunch of unreasonable/unrealistic demands. Then we have to see these dumb caption pics on social networks about "H*es get wifed up, good girls and single" blah, blah, blah. Again, we're simple creatures...food, sex, and silence! laugh.gif

QUOTE (KOpower @ Apr 18 2013, 11:38 PM) *

You have to look at this way...between Canelo and Trout, who has more to look forward to? Who's more known? Who does the people want to see Mayweather fight? There's your answer right there.

Oh yeah, we're talking about Texas here...Texas? Yep, Texas. The home of skullduggery when it concerns boxing, and 2012 showed us that Texas is still alive and willing to screw whoever.

Again, it's about who is more marketable. Why do you think JMM was robbed in his 3rd fight with Manny? People were still hanging on to a possible Mayweather fight, and that's what Manny had to forward to. How far do you think Marquez would've gone, had he beat Manny in the 3rd fight? Hell, what are his options after KO'ing Manny? Bradley? Rios? Pfffft...riiiight.

Hell, he already fought Mayweather and looked like hot garbage, so his ceiling IS Manny Pacquiao. What do think people will be demanding, if Trout beats Canelo? The same thing they were clamoring for after he beat Cotto (who also had hit his peak in the sport in the Mayweather fight)? Not much at all. By the way, who IS Austin Trout??? This is how the average mind of a casual fan operates.
Cshel86
Oh yeah...shoutouts to the slowest freakin' week ever. I've a day ahead all week long, and now that's it's Friday, I don't even know how to deal with myself. These weeks are only slow when a good fight is coming up. LOL
KOpower
QUOTE (Jack 1000 @ Apr 19 2013, 12:07 AM) *
KO Power,

I think that our general expectations on the forum at least for some officiating bullshit are so high, that if there is a bad decision no matter how bad, we won't be shocked much at all because we saw this coming. If the verdict is fair, we will be more shocked in a good way that the powers that be got it right. Trout-Cotto was a surprise. Trout not only got it, but a New York judge had it a near shutout for him! If any of those judges have it a near shutout for Trout it will be one of the biggest shocks in the history of boxing! LOL!

Jack

I know what you're saying, but in 50-50 rounds if they give it to Canelo then I see this board calling it a robbery. That is where we are headed, imo. If Trout out-boxes Canelo like he did Cotto, I fully expect Trout to get a fairly easy result. I think we all should.
KOpower
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Apr 19 2013, 10:12 AM) *
laugh.gif

Just go and find Broner and his crew of goonies to rap at the convention, you're sure to save some money there. Remember, "They liiiiive though!" laugh.gif

Totally agree, corporate women, hardworking women, women with degrees, etc...are hard to bed nowadays. They tend to forget about the basic, bang your dude, make sure he's happy, and dont be so quick to object to everything.

That's why I like the "throwaway" chicks, at least you're sure to get your meat wet without having to meet a bunch of unreasonable/unrealistic demands. Then we have to see these dumb caption pics on social networks about "H*es get wifed up, good girls and single" blah, blah, blah. Again, we're simple creatures...food, sex, and silence! laugh.gif

You have to look at this way...between Canelo and Trout, who has more to look forward to? Who's more known? Who does the people want to see Mayweather fight? There's your answer right there.

Oh yeah, we're talking about Texas here...Texas? Yep, Texas. The home of skullduggery when it concerns boxing, and 2012 showed us that Texas is still alive and willing to screw whoever.

Again, it's about who is more marketable. Why do you think JMM was robbed in his 3rd fight with Manny? People were still hanging on to a possible Mayweather fight, and that's what Manny had to forward to. How far do you think Marquez would've gone, had he beat Manny in the 3rd fight? Hell, what are his options after KO'ing Manny? Bradley? Rios? Pfffft...riiiight.

Hell, he already fought Mayweather and looked like hot garbage, so his ceiling IS Manny Pacquiao. What do think people will be demanding, if Trout beats Canelo? The same thing they were clamoring for after he beat Cotto (who also had hit his peak in the sport in the Mayweather fight)? Not much at all. By the way, who IS Austin Trout??? This is how the average mind of a casual fan operates.

Then how do you explain the robbery that was Bradley-Pac? Pac is CLEARLY the more marketable fighter and he won that fight fairly easily. How do you explain Cotto-Trout when that fight was supposed to pave the way for Canelo-Cotto this summer?

True robberies rarely happen. You single out Pac v Marquez but that was a CLOSE fight that could have gone either way. I expect a reasonable decision by the judges. I think Trout will win, but to me it seems like many people WANT Trout to win so badly that they are already making up excuses in the case that Trout loses.
Cshel86
QUOTE (KOpower @ Apr 19 2013, 11:21 AM) *
Then how do you explain the robbery that was Bradley-Pac? Pac is CLEARLY the more marketable fighter and he won that fight fairly easily. How do you explain Cotto-Trout when that fight was supposed to pave the way for Canelo-Cotto this summer?

True robberies rarely happen. You single out Pac v Marquez but that was a CLOSE fight that could have gone either way. I expect a reasonable decision by the judges. I think Trout will win, but to me it seems like many people WANT Trout to win so badly that they are already making up excuses in the case that Trout loses.

The Pac/Bradley robbery was set in place to keep Manny honest. Remember, Floyd had just cracked a guaranteed $32M a month before that, so what do you think Manny was gonna do for his next fight? Had he beat Bradley, he would've been asking Bob for more money, but Bob put an end to that quickly.

So...what would've been Bob's answer, had Manny asked for more money? "Look kid, you just lost your last fight. There isn't gonna be enough money out there to pay you (insert Manny's request here) for your next fight." Manny being the simpleton that he is when it comes to business, he would've taken that excuse and left it alone.

Besides, the numbers for that Bradley fight weren't all that great, then the talks of an immediate rematch, disgusted fans. Pac was longer gunning for the megafight after the Bradley fight (as if Arum ever wanted it in the first place), he officially became a slave to Arum's agenda. THEN he got a forced into a 4th JMM fight, and got put to sleep.

Can you mentally picture how far behind the curve Manny is right now, when it comes to landing a megafight...funny how the world has pretty much given up on it, according to the recent ring disasters that Manny's been a victim of. All the while, Arum is happy and chuckling, because he longer has to deal with the media pressure/demands of a fight that he never wanted to make in the first place. He has Manny all to himself now, and can jerk him around however he plans to.

As for Cotto/Trout and the possibility of a potential Cotto/Canelo clash, let's be real here...Cotto made a bad business decision by taking the Trout fight. We've all seen Cotto take his licks like a man, just to build his way back up to a superfight...he's done it twice in the past few years. Let's not act like Canelo (or GBP) has a problem fighting smaller and/or shot fighters.

No worries there, he'll just do it again when it comes down to a Canelo fight. NOW, had Canelo lost a fight, that would've hurt his chances of ANYTHING big, hence why he never stepped up to face Trout or any other formidable 154lber, leaving the dirty work to real champions like Miguel.

Robberies happen for financial reasons, period. I singled out Pac/JMM 3, because Pac looked perpetually shitty in that fight and got beat to the punch every time. What Pac/JMM fight HASN'T been close?! C'mon dude, that was a moot point.

I don't expect the decision to be fair this weekend, if it goes to the cards. It's okay if you don't feel that way, but cut the shit with all of the nonsense about "this forum" and how we see it playing out. Again, you're entitled to your opinion, but don't get on here acting like a whiney little bitch if a robbery happens, because I'll be the first to tell you to STFU.
mrchitown
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Apr 19 2013, 09:12 AM) *
laugh.gif

BAND CAMP!!! laugh.gif
daprofessor
QUOTE (VJones @ Apr 18 2013, 11:54 PM) *
Same case from 2011 (Archie Solis)...just the crap-covered wheels of justice moving in slow motion as usual...so it's now finally catching up to him. GBP and Sulaiman did there best to cover it up, but it seems that now the Attorney General is intent on charges.

But you know if Austin Trout had some charges somewhere, the media would be all abuzz about it...intent on distracting that man with questions from every turn.

absolutely. that's how the 'just-us' system works. smh.
daprofessor
QUOTE (KOpower @ Apr 18 2013, 11:38 PM) *

-pernell whitaker/julio cesar chavez

-zahir raheem/rocky juarez

-paulie malignaggi/juan diaz....

i can keep going but i think u get the point. texas has a history of fucking it up.

daprofessor
QUOTE (KOpower @ Apr 19 2013, 11:21 AM) *

i scored pac/bradley even. a victory for either by a round or two wasn't out of the question. far from a robbery. don't listen to the fight...watch it.
Jack 1000
QUOTE (daprofessor @ Apr 19 2013, 02:02 PM) *
i scored pac/bradley even. a victory for either by a round or two wasn't out of the question. far from a robbery. don't listen to the fight...watch it.

In discussion of other fights. I do think Bradley-Pacquiao was a bad call, but have seen worse. No way was that 11-1 for Manny or whatever HBO had. I had it 8-4, and my good friend when we watched trying to give all close rounds to Tim had it 7-5 for Manny. That's the best he could do.

Pacquiao-Marquez III. Discargee that Manny got beat to the punch each time. It was close and hard to score. Manny the aggressor, but Marquez scoring the points. I only had it one point in Juan's favor. Pacquiao's most dominate fight over Marquez was I think fight#1. I had him up by I think four points. That first round, with Marquez knocked down, too big a deficiet to overcome for him.

I predict that close rounds go to the more marketable fighter at least 60% of the time in big fights. Two of the judges will give any close rounds, even marginally close rounds to "Little Orphan Annie."

Jack
sduck
Most of the guys here seem to be fairly reasonable when deciding who won a fight. A lot of the guys are picking Trout to win, because we think he has better credentials for the outcome of this fight. People also think it could be a possible robbery because of Canelo evidently being a protected fighter and Texas' history of bad scoring/robberies.

Most people here and in general seem to to think Pacquiao beat Bradley. There are some people like myself who do think Bradley won or wasn't so easily bested as many people believe so. It's okay to have opinions and different ways of scoring fights, but people that think Pacquiao won it "easily" must of not been watching the fight.

To me, Pacquiao-Marquez III was a very close fight, the outrage of a complete robbery was an exaggeration, like the Bradley fight. Though I had Marquez winning, I didn't think he won by many rounds.
Hotsauce
even though this a toss up fight. if trout wins he people gon say canelo is overrated, overhyped, etc etc etc.
Dolimite
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CY-MZlrT41E

Here is the weigh in boys. They both look great! Love the stare down I am still picking Trout.
daprofessor
QUOTE (Jack 1000 @ Apr 19 2013, 04:13 PM) *
In discussion of other fights. I do think Bradley-Pacquiao was a bad call, but have seen worse. No way was that 11-1 for Manny or whatever HBO had. I had it 8-4, and my good friend when we watched trying to give all close rounds to Tim had it 7-5 for Manny. That's the best he could do.

Pacquiao-Marquez III. Discargee that Manny got beat to the punch each time. It was close and hard to score. Manny the aggressor, but Marquez scoring the points. I only had it one point in Juan's favor. Pacquiao's most dominate fight over Marquez was I think fight#1. I had him up by I think four points. That first round, with Marquez knocked down, too big a deficiet to overcome for him.

I predict that close rounds go to the more marketable fighter at least 60% of the time in big fights. Two of the judges will give any close rounds, even marginally close rounds to "Little Orphan Annie."

Jack

i had pac winning the first fight with marquez. difference was that 10-7 round.

as for the 2nd fight...i had marquez winning.

3rd fight....8-4 marquez.

again...pac/bradley...6-6. i could see it 7-5 either way...but not much more.
Hotsauce
the bradley/pacquiao fight was closer than people think. the problem is people watch the fight while listening to the commentators.
daprofessor
QUOTE (Hotsauce @ Apr 19 2013, 06:57 PM) *
the bradley/pacquiao fight was closer than people think. the problem is people watch the fight while listening to the commentators.

or...like bradley said...the ppl were watching pacquiao while the judges were watching the fight.
The Original MrFactor
Canelo is a slow starter. Trout is gonna get in there and get right to work. When Canelo turns it up in round 4, he'll find out that he's in there with a guy who can take his punches. Trout will continue to outbox Canelo, ultimately frustrating him by about the 11th. At that point DLH will have seen enough and will have Canelo's people stop the fight. Trout will have cemented himself as top dog at 154 and will garner the type of respect that people suddenly gave the great Guillermo Rigondeaux on Sunday morning last week. Trout is that good. bank on it.
daprofessor
QUOTE (The Original MrFactor @ Apr 19 2013, 09:41 PM) *
Canelo is a slow starter. Trout is gonna get in there and get right to work. When Canelo turns it up in round 4, he'll find out that he's in there with a guy who can take his punches. Trout will continue to outbox Canelo, ultimately frustrating him by about the 11th. At that point DLH will have seen enough and will have Canelo's people stop the fight. Trout will have cemented himself as top dog at 154 and will garner the type of respect that people suddenly gave the great Guillermo Rigondeaux on Sunday morning last week. Trout is that good. bank on it.

sounds good. you left out the part about them being in texas. is lawrence cole reffin this fight? expect favoritism.
Amandla
Just been watching All Access Cotto Trout.

Austin Trout's wife just cracks me up. She reminds me of my niece she's so OCD lol. Everything in its place etc. I'm rooting for Austin Trout on this one. Its gonna be close I think theres a good chance he's intimidated or even underestimating Canelo and its certainly not clear cut. (Se what I did there my ass is COVERED)

Seriousl I think Trout takes this on points but Canelo is one angry man. I don't know if Trout's bad enough a guy to tease him about his brother or badmouth him. He seems like such a nice guy.

Also Austin is thinking about his wife...Canelo can play a few mind games there too!

Seriously I can't pick em. i'm going for Austin cos he did it the hard way.
neophyte7
Trout looks to be the bigger and stronger guy... Saul looked good at the weight in but I sense Trout not even allowing the judges to be a factor.... I got Trout by 10 round tko
mgrover
Canelo isn't exactly hard to hit
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.