Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Alvarez vs Trout Preview and Poll-Vote Now!
FightHype Community > BOXING HYPE > Boxing
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5
Dolimite
Thank You!!!! Red HEAD WAY to step up. We could see an undefeated fight lose come May 4th. Maybe two undefeated fighters get tested. Broner and Red Head.... Come on May 4th! Trout better not take a dive!
The Original MrFactor
QUOTE (Dolimite @ Feb 15 2013, 07:27 PM) *
Thank You!!!! Red HEAD WAY to step up. We could see an undefeated fight lose come May 4th. Maybe two undefeated fighters get tested. Broner and Red Head.... Come on May 4th! Trout better not take a dive!

I didn't think he had the balls to step up. It's the right move. Bravo Alverez. This will be this era's De La Hoya/Mosley.

daprofessor
this is going to be interesting. i think trout is going to ruin the party. i hope they pick the right judges and ref for this one. let the chips fall where they may!

trout is much better than i originally thought. i get the feeling he's going to beat canelo easily. trout is capable of fighting 3 minutes of every round. canelo likes to take breaks and fight in spots. trout is not easy to hit and can fight in the trenches. it's his fight on the outside...canelo's best chances lie on the inside. i'm looking for a masterful display of boxing from trout on this one.

i cannot believe golden boy made this fight!?!?!? i just hope they don't pull any fast ones.
Cheesey1
I'm watching ESPN and wondering why Dan 'the son of Arum' Raphael hasn't brought us one of his breaking news updates about what is undoubtedly one of the top boxing matches of 2013. (side note ESPN is a joke sometimes, they're previewing Broner/Rees and they had a tale of the tape type moment and put the wrong photo up. This other guy they have hosting is an absolute tool. He was okay in small doses, but has exhausted my patience).

TR seems to have come correct with Rigondeaux/Donaire and GBP is stepping up with Trout/Canelo. Very nice (although I think that GBP has been the better promoter for the past year or so).
Plah
Nice, very nice.
Cshel86
Now watch Canelo pull this one off, and piss off everybody laugh.gif

As much as I don't like Golden Boy's antics when it comes to Canelo, I believe Trout will either have an adrenaline dump early, or the stage will be too big for him. Yeah, he beat Miguel in MSG, but Canelo's younger, stronger, and is a true Jr. Middleweight, so let's see how this one pans out.

I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but the apple cart for the Trout express will be upset on this night. Damn it felt weird saying that.
Dolimite
I really hope Trout brings his A+ game. I would love to see Trout Mayweather in September!
Cshel86
QUOTE (daprofessor @ Feb 15 2013, 08:16 PM) *
i cannot believe golden boy made this fight!?!?!? i just hope they don't pull any fast ones.

You know how boxing goes...you have to accept the unlikely fights being made with the idea of a fast one being pulled, or wish upon the unlikely fights happening and leaving no room for fast ones to be pulled...meaning that a fast one cant be pulled if the fight is never made.

Hope that made sense...or maybe it makes sense because of this Merlot. It's been a loooong week. laugh.gif
mrchitown
QUOTE (Dolimite @ Feb 15 2013, 09:00 PM) *
I really hope Trout brings his A+ game. I would love to see Trout Mayweather in September!

I wouldn't, I think Floyd loses that fight

And I also have him beating fire crotch in a UD, I salute GB for this. They better pull an Ann Wolfe and spike that boy's drink because he is going to give Canelo fits in the ring. At least we'll get Floyd vs Guerrero. Solid matchups even though I've been railing against Guerrero to get the fight. He finally gets his shot at an elite ass whopping. May 4th can't get here fast enough
pimpfighterROQ
Oh shit!! Red has balls! or should I say GBP does.

I expect Trout to somewhat win but gets robbed thru a split decision win by Canelo. Hell no would Oscar Dela Hoya risk Canelo losing.

Jack 1000
QUOTE (daprofessor @ Feb 15 2013, 07:16 PM) *
this is going to be interesting. i think trout is going to ruin the party. i hope they pick the right judges and ref for this one. let the chips fall where they may!

trout is much better than i originally thought. i get the feeling he's going to beat canelo easily. trout is capable of fighting 3 minutes of every round. canelo likes to take breaks and fight in spots. trout is not easy to hit and can fight in the trenches. it's his fight on the outside...canelo's best chances lie on the inside. i'm looking for a masterful display of boxing from trout on this one.

I'll bet the favorite son of the WBC Alverez wins no less than a Split Decision if this goes to the cards. I just have a feeling. They are gonna need two East Coast judges for a chance at fairness. They will probably get one New Jersey or New York judge, the other two could be California, Texas, or Mexico, pick any area of those regions.

Great that this fight is being made. But who is gonna make Lamply cheer louder, the WBC, or Golden Boy the money machine Alverez or Trout? That's how I think going into this fight. Fairness could happen. I would go with a New York judge, a British judge, and maybe an Asian judge. The point being neutrality. Get Bayless or Smoger to ref!

At least great respect to both if this happens!

Jack
checkleft
Very interesting. I wanna see how red handles a real 154 pounder that can box and punch. I'm also curious to see how a real 154 pounder with what seems like a good chin reacts to reds power. One things for sure, trouts not a big banger and I don't think he has a chance to win on the cards not because he can't but because gbp probably won't let it happen.

But if reds power is effective against a true Jr middleweight and he gets his timing down I could see him pulling it out. But I have still yet to see if his stamina holds up and of course his chin, let's not forget he got hurt very badly against cottos brother.

If trouts busy fighting style doesn't tire him out I see Canelo getting a split decision either by a complete robbery or in a close fight.
Cshel86
I kinda find it funny how Canelo announced this fight, and nothing has been "officially" announced. Maybe he spoke too soon, or maybe the fight is really happening. This could be a ploy to add interest to the fight, think about it, GBP has been doing this with Canelo for the past few months.

Maybe I'm putting too much into it, help me out here. Canelo can announced an opponent with at least 8 weeks left before the fight date, unlike Mayweather, who needs at least 10-12 weeks, due to promotion. How many times have we heard of Canelo fighting someone, and 8 weeks later, he was fighting?

Canelo/Hatton on March 2011, Canelo/Rhodes on June 2011, Canelo/Gomez on Sept 2011, Canelo/Cintron on November 2011, etc...

He's basically been fighting on a 3 month basis, and the announcements have been somewhat quick. I wouldn't be so quick to say that this fight is certain, but again, I may be wrong. Think about it, whose fight is more important, Canelo's or Mayweather's? Maybe Canelo's opponent, is what's been holding this up. Canelo can fight on a whim and people will watch it, especially if he's gonna be on a big PPV. but Floyd's situation isn't the same.

Let's see how this goes...hopefully the Canelo/Trout announcement is 110% true...Trout HAS been kinda quiet lately. Lol
duwdu
Alvarez-Trout is like a dream fight to me, mainly because of Canelo's overall less-than-stellar quality of opposition, along with his sky-high/very decent popularity/follower-ship, and because of Austin Trout's better overall quality of opposition, and an underrated set of boxing abilities (pre-Cotto.)

Trout, in a humble way, said (the moment his fight with Cotto was signed, but before the fight,) that he wouldn't know why Cotto made the mistake of choosing him. He turned out to really know himself.

If this Canelo-Trout bout comes off, I think it will be another mistake choosing Trout, this time by GBP agreeing to Canelo's wishes, as they (GBP, Canelo, and of course Mayweather) stand a very good chance of derailing the big money fight planned for this September.

As has been said by some, big props to Canelo for going in though, if it happens. And of course we fans of the sport stand to get our satisfaction.

P34c3
leonthegee
When did Trout become the be all end all? Hes not this slick crafty southpaw that I keep reading about, at least on other sites, hes a volume puncher. A tall fighter that fights small. He can be hit. Basically hes PWill with a touch better skill. I cant believe people were calling him the most ducked fighter. Before Cotto nobody knew who this chump was. I dare anybody to go watch Trout v Delvin Rodriguez and come back and tell me this guys the truth. I expect Canelo to walk through this dude with ease.
Dolimite
QUOTE (mrchitown @ Feb 15 2013, 07:56 PM) *
I wouldn't, I think Floyd loses that fight

And I also have him beating fire crotch in a UD, I salute GB for this. They better pull an Ann Wolfe and spike that boy's drink because he is going to give Canelo fits in the ring. At least we'll get Floyd vs Guerrero. Solid matchups even though I've been railing against Guerrero to get the fight. He finally gets his shot at an elite ass whopping. May 4th can't get here fast enough

I don't care if Floyd would lose the against Trout I just want to see it. I really do! Alvarez better bring his game, hype can not get in the ring with him now he has to earn his stripes. I am not giddy over Guerrero and Mayweather, I am not, maybe I will be. I am curious to see how he and his father will get along. It would be nice to see them finally patch things up. I hope Roger is okay.

QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Feb 15 2013, 11:43 PM) *
I kinda find it funny how Canelo announced this fight, and nothing has been "officially" announced. Maybe he spoke too soon, or maybe the fight is really happening. This could be a ploy to add interest to the fight, think about it, GBP has been doing this with Canelo for the past few months.

Maybe I'm putting too much into it, help me out here. Canelo can announced an opponent with at least 8 weeks left before the fight date, unlike Mayweather, who needs at least 10-12 weeks, due to promotion. How many times have we heard of Canelo fighting someone, and 8 weeks later, he was fighting?

Canelo/Hatton on March 2011, Canelo/Rhodes on June 2011, Canelo/Gomez on Sept 2011, Canelo/Cintron on November 2011, etc...

He's basically been fighting on a 3 month basis, and the announcements have been somewhat quick. I wouldn't be so quick to say that this fight is certain, but again, I may be wrong. Think about it, whose fight is more important, Canelo's or Mayweather's? Maybe Canelo's opponent, is what's been holding this up. Canelo can fight on a whim and people will watch it, especially if he's gonna be on a big PPV. but Floyd's situation isn't the same.

Let's see how this goes...hopefully the Canelo/Trout announcement is 110% true...Trout HAS been kinda quiet lately. Lol

Come on bro, don't be so pessimistic. At least this is one fight that the fans will get. Just enjoy. You asked the popular girl out to the prom and she said yes. What more can you ask for? I love this fight, I really do. Bob, its your move to actually make a fight that the fans want to see.
Cheesey1
Trout apparently confirms it on his Twitter too:

"Austin Trout ‏@NoDoubtTrout

Are you ready? #TroutNation #TeamTrout #TroutCanelo"

Leon, I don't think that anyone is saying that Trout is the end all be all and I disagree quite a bit with comparing him to Paul Williams, but the man is a proper boxer who now has the chance to show that he's elite. Trout/Rodriguez was a cagey bout. Rodriguez knows his craft. Not sure if you watched FNF last night, but Rodriguez is at a more than respectable level. Not an elite guy, but definitely above average.

You should check out Trout's fight against Alvarez' older brother (Rigoberto Alvarez). That's a nice subplot that will be part of the marketing for this match. 'Saul's revenge'....

Anyway, picking 'No Doubt.' Will be a good match.
Marcus
Kudos to Trout for over coming every obstacle to get to this position.
Kudos to Canelo for not pulling a Chavez Jr. And claiming he's not ready even though he's the champion,
Kudos to GBP for taking a risks d giving the fans what they want.
Hopefully May 4 I will be able to say:
"Kudos to the ref and judges for giving Trout a fair shake"
The Original MrFactor
QUOTE (Marcus @ Feb 16 2013, 11:35 AM) *
Kudos to Trout for over coming every obstacle to get to this position.
Kudos to Canelo for not pulling a Chavez Jr. And claiming he's not ready even though he's the champion,
Kudos to GBP for taking a risks d giving the fans what they want.
Hopefully May 4 I will be able to say:
"Kudos to the ref and judges for giving Trout a fair shake"

LOL!!! Absolutely. Trout D12... Who's next!
Jovi
Could be some trouble with Mayweather because Canelo wanted him in September...But if Canelo we're to lose then it wouldn't make sense for mayweather to fight canelo over trout other than the money.

I also have a feeling that if Mayweather we're to move up and fight Canelo or Trout. He will probably be outweighed that fight by 15-20 pounds. As much as i do want to see Mayweather fight Trout or Canelo, thats a risky move for a fighter. Some people hate and just want to see him in fights he is most likely to lose. Sorry Pactards, could've predicted before Manny would get knocked out in Spectacular fashion with his fighting style AKA No defense style.

Mayweather moved up to fight Cotto, a man he was trying to fight since he was with Top Rank. And DLH. Both big money fights and 1 and 2 biggest Non heavyweight fights in history. Money is talking to Mayweather.

With that said, I dont think Mayweather ever fights Trout. The only way Mayweather moves up is to fight Canelo, who has to beat Trout, it has to be a clear win too. Any controversy around that win may effect the fight. ..

This way Mayweather could get the top 3 fights ever (non heavyweight). Even 4 if he takes Pac after, but now im just hoping too much haha
aTYpicalTYrant
This undercard is shaping up. I'm glad Canelo is officially gonna fight someone his size. Anybody know if Broner is still going to fight on this card? I'm sure that's dependent on how he fares tonight though.....
Dolimite
QUOTE (aTYpicalTYrant @ Feb 16 2013, 11:35 AM) *
This undercard is shaping up. I'm glad Canelo is officially gonna fight someone his size. Anybody know if Broner is still going to fight on this card? I'm sure that's dependent on how he fares tonight though.....

If Saul is in the audience tonight than Adrian is going to lose that is probably the only chance that Reese has of beating Broner. I wonder who they will have Broner fight on May 4th. I am thinking maybe someone like Miguel Vasquez would be really interesting. A top 3 lightweight would be a great test for Adrian. We got Broner vs. Vasquez, Trout vs. Red Head and finally Mayweather vs. ? I am thinking close to 1.4 million in Pay Per View!
aTYpicalTYrant
QUOTE (Dolimite @ Feb 16 2013, 03:53 PM) *
If Saul is in the audience tonight than Adrian is going to lose that is probably the only chance that Reese has of beating Broner. I wonder who they will have Broner fight on May 4th. I am thinking maybe someone like Miguel Vasquez would be really interesting. A top 3 lightweight would be a great test for Adrian. We got Broner vs. Vasquez, Trout vs. Red Head and finally Mayweather vs. ? I am thinking close to 1.4 million in Pay Per View!

Funny as hell!
Cshel86
QUOTE (Dolimite @ Feb 16 2013, 09:25 AM) *
Come on bro, don't be so pessimistic. At least this is one fight that the fans will get. Just enjoy. You asked the popular girl out to the prom and she said yes. What more can you ask for? I love this fight, I really do. Bob, its your move to actually make a fight that the fans want to see.

I'm not being pessimistic, this IS boxing that we're talking about. I felt the same about Chavez/Martinez ALLLL the way up until a week before the fight. I actually saw that fight live, so I had my hopes high, but also kept in the back of my mind, what sport I was dealing with.

Arum gave us a fight that we wanted (finally), but GBP has been dicking fights for a while now. They've been giving us pretty good cards, but they're business end of the situation, is always shaky. They usually have the public 90% sure a fight will happen, then the business part falls apart. Arum just tells us that he's considering certain fights, but gives us something different.

I can ask that popular girl out and take her to the prom all I want, but if I don't "seal the deal" on prom night, then Im sure to ragged on by the fellas once the cat comes out of the bag. Again, let's consider what sport we're dealing with, along with the promoter and they're retarded ways when it comes to Canelo. I'm sure they told Canelo "Yeah, we'll give you the Floyd fight, if you fight Trout first". Nothig wrong with tell ing him what he wants to hear, in order to get what they want. Canelo may have ran with it a bit too early though, who knows.

While people are hanging on Floyd's sack about his September date (possibly with Canelo), they need to be considering Miguel Cotto, who is laying low and waiting to see what happens on May 4th. His eyes are more than likely on the co-feature bout, and so is Floyd's. Who knows if Floyd wont suddenly decide that he doesn't wanna fight in Sept, then what? IF Canelo beats Trout (which more than likely, he will), then what's wrong with a Canelo/Cotto fight on Mexican Independence Day weekend on PPV?

NOW, let's consider a Canelo/Cotto fight in September. Yeah, yeah, yeah, I know, "Well, Floyd will be in the card and it will sell MILLIONS! It will break PPV records!" Calm down, and once again, get off of Floyd's sack long enough to think logically. If GBP hosts a Canelo/Cotto fight in September, then why put a Mayweather fight on the card, when Canelo/Cotto will make them a nice bit of money? Arum used the same logic when it came to a FMJ/Pac...why cash in on this one fight, when Manny can make the same money (or more) fighting less threatening opponents.

That excitement of Floyd fighting whoever, can be dragged until December, possibly? Hell, we've waited long enough to see who he'll fight in May, why not wait from Sept to Dec? In comparison to that huge card, that's like having Broner vs Gamboa, on the same card as Canelo/Angulo (or Kirkland). Why? Why do that, when those fights can be hosted and promoted separately?

Sooo...IF Canelo beats Trout on May 4th, then I'll see Floyd holding out until December, and fighting the winner of Brook/Alexander...which will be Brook, since Devon has been sub par lately. Canelo can fight Cotto in September, get his OWN exposure against a name fighter, and get the proper promotion that he needs, to fight Floyd in May '14 (in which could be his last bout).

That's just a nice assessment of what could happen. Man I swear, some of you guys allow your love for Floyd to cloud your judgement of the business of the sport. NOT just the "business" that Floyd teaches his fans, but the game of "Oh shit, this fight just got cancelled/postponed, let's see what we can make of it" business. Everything doesn't happen on schedule, as we've painfully endure this year, but good things usually come out of it down the stretch.

checkleft
QUOTE (leonthegee @ Feb 16 2013, 08:05 AM) *
When did Trout become the be all end all? Hes not this slick crafty southpaw that I keep reading about, at least on other sites, hes a volume puncher. A tall fighter that fights small. He can be hit. Basically hes PWill with a touch better skill. I cant believe people were calling him the most ducked fighter. Before Cotto nobody knew who this chump was. I dare anybody to go watch Trout v Delvin Rodriguez and come back and tell me this guys the truth. I expect Canelo to walk through this dude with ease.

Delvin is no slouch. Anybody that has trouble with Delvin and still gets a unam W is a top guy at 154

And trout is far from a Paul Williams lol
checkleft
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Feb 16 2013, 06:21 PM) *
I'm not being pessimistic, this IS boxing that we're talking about. I felt the same about Chavez/Martinez ALLLL the way up until a week before the fight. I actually saw that fight live, so I had my hopes high, but also kept in the back of my mind, what sport I was dealing with.

Arum gave us a fight that we wanted (finally), but GBP has been dicking fights for a while now. They've been giving us pretty good cards, but they're business end of the situation, is always shaky. They usually have the public 90% sure a fight will happen, then the business part falls apart. Arum just tells us that he's considering certain fights, but gives us something different.

I can ask that popular girl out and take her to the prom all I want, but if I don't "seal the deal" on prom night, then Im sure to ragged on by the fellas once the cat comes out of the bag. Again, let's consider what sport we're dealing with, along with the promoter and they're retarded ways when it comes to Canelo. I'm sure they told Canelo "Yeah, we'll give you the Floyd fight, if you fight Trout first". Nothig wrong with tell ing him what he wants to hear, in order to get what they want. Canelo may have ran with it a bit too early though, who knows.

While people are hanging on Floyd's sack about his September date (possibly with Canelo), they need to be considering Miguel Cotto, who is laying low and waiting to see what happens on May 4th. His eyes are more than likely on the co-feature bout, and so is Floyd's. Who knows if Floyd wont suddenly decide that he doesn't wanna fight in Sept, then what? IF Canelo beats Trout (which more than likely, he will), then what's wrong with a Canelo/Cotto fight on Mexican Independence Day weekend on PPV?

NOW, let's consider a Canelo/Cotto fight in September. Yeah, yeah, yeah, I know, "Well, Floyd will be in the card and it will sell MILLIONS! It will break PPV records!" Calm down, and once again, get off of Floyd's sack long enough to think logically. If GBP hosts a Canelo/Cotto fight in September, then why put a Mayweather fight on the card, when Canelo/Cotto will make them a nice bit of money? Arum used the same logic when it came to a FMJ/Pac...why cash in on this one fight, when Manny can make the same money (or more) fighting less threatening opponents.

That excitement of Floyd fighting whoever, can be dragged until December, possibly? Hell, we've waited long enough to see who he'll fight in May, why not wait from Sept to Dec? In comparison to that huge card, that's like having Broner vs Gamboa, on the same card as Canelo/Angulo (or Kirkland). Why? Why do that, when those fights can be hosted and promoted separately?

Sooo...IF Canelo beats Trout on May 4th, then I'll see Floyd holding out until December, and fighting the winner of Brook/Alexander...which will be Brook, since Devon has been sub par lately. Canelo can fight Cotto in September, get his OWN exposure against a name fighter, and get the proper promotion that he needs, to fight Floyd in May '14 (in which could be his last bout).

That's just a nice assessment of what could happen. Man I swear, some of you guys allow your love for Floyd to cloud your judgement of the business of the sport. NOT just the "business" that Floyd teaches his fans, but the game of "Oh shit, this fight just got cancelled/postponed, let's see what we can make of it" business. Everything doesn't happen on schedule, as we've painfully endure this year, but good things usually come out of it down the stretch.

Let's hope its brook cause devon is just painful to watch. Idk what happened he used to be exciting at 140 until the Bradley and Lucas fight, after that its been safety first second and third
Cshel86
QUOTE (checkleft @ Feb 16 2013, 06:55 PM) *
Let's hope its brook cause devon is just painful to watch. Idk what happened he used to be exciting at 140 until the Bradley and Lucas fight, after that its been safety first second and third

Thanks, and excuse my rant. Lol

I've seen Brook struggle against Carson Jones, but other than that, he's been pretty solid. I still think he can beat Devon, whether Devon's a southpaw or not. You're right, really, since the Kotelnik fight, Devon's looked bad against Bradley and Matthysse.

Thank God for the Maidana fight, but heck, Maidana looked flabby and uninterested, and was damn near ready to quit, so Im not even sure that fight as a measuring stick to see how Devon has improved. I cant even speak on how he pretty much stunk up the joint against Bailey, smh.

neophyte7
Trout will whip the shit out of Canelo.... this will be ugly and not close at all.. just wait and see if it happens
Dolimite
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Feb 16 2013, 03:21 PM) *

Just cause you didn't seal the deal with the popular girl doesn't mean you didn't have fun and not have a good night. The fellas can bitch but guess what, you took the popular chick to the prom not them, Ace in the hole. Bro, you are being pessimistic. The boxing world will be okay with Floyd not fighting in September by Floyd or if he fights in September it just makes it even more interesting. I think you are putting too much weight on one boxer. Floyd can do what he wants it shis life and career however if May isn't fighting in September I am still going to be watching whoever is fighting on that date. If Red Head takes a beating in May he is not fighting Cotto or anyone in September. Really it is a two way street. If May takes a beating in May or looks less than amazing he will not be fighting Trout in September ( I am picking No Doubt) or anyone else. I am just saying enjoy the hoopla it is fun. Don't be so serious man, this is what makes it fun. Until then get ready for March 9th!
Gambit808
Waiting on the Guerrero and Burns fight to be made with Floyd & Broner to match with what I been predicting since late last year, and here's another.. Canelo puts on his best performance yet, to the extent that people will actually believe He has what it takes to give Floyd all sorts of Problems, hence making their fight a must see in September.
wolterb
QUOTE (daprofessor @ Feb 15 2013, 08:16 PM) *

i agree with you, i'm equally shocked this fight got made. can't wait! but i think canelo fighting in spots probably won't hurt him and might help him. as long as he is the aggressor, he can afford to take breaks so long as he makes to the end and lets the judges do their thing. the luxuries of being the draw. trout has the potential to put on a clinic but he better do more than he did against cotto cause canelo can match trout on his size
Cshel86
I'll hold true my initial prediction...Canelo upsets the apple cart on this one. Many believe that he'll lose, but I believe Trout will let the big stage and fan's expectations get the best of him.

Trout has the height and reach advantage (maybe even fight night weight advantage)...will he use it? The safe answer here, is "yes". Sadly, it's usually the guys with the advantages, that don't use them when a big fight happens. Either that, or they're shaking off the jitters in the early rounds, and end up getting caught.

I can't count on both hands, how many times I wanted Canelo to lose...needless to say, I'm all out of fingers. I think Canelo makes his point early in this fight, and pisses us all off. THEN, we'll have to hear how "elite" he is, and blah, blah, blah. Then he'll go on to fight Cotto in September (my personal beliefs).

Either that, or he'll lose and GBP will let him fight Cotto (who just decisively lost to Trout).
Dolimite
Well this fight needs to get signed and it has yet to get signed. I promise if Golden Boy tries to pull a fast one and match Red Head against someone else I will be very upset. I give Trout a chance in this. he took Cotto's power now I am curious how he will deal with Saul's. Saul has won 41 times and 0 loses but those 41 wins come again non jr middleweights., I am curious to see how Saul takes a 154 punches.
The Original MrFactor
Trout D12. He will wear Canelo down and possibly knock him down late. I expect this to be Mosley/DLH for 2013. The fight needs to be signed, so that Canelo can attempt to earn the accolades that he's be handed up front.

The title of the fight should be Alverez - Trout Earning your keep!
daprofessor
QUOTE (The Original MrFactor @ Feb 20 2013, 03:20 PM) *
Trout D12. He will wear Canelo down and possibly knock him down late. I expect this to be Mosley/DLH for 2013. The fight needs to be signed, so that Canelo can attempt to earn the accolades that he's be handed up front.

The title of the fight should be Alverez - Trout Earning your keep!

i think the fight is signed.
sduck
Damn who would of thought lol

I think Trout got this, definitely! I'm surprising myself and say this will be easy for him...
aTYpicalTYrant
So apparently this Alvarez vs. Trout match is in danger of not happening on 04May2013 because Canelo wants Floyd to confirm their fight in September........ I can sort of see Canelo's point IF and only IF he beats Trout.

http://www.boxingnews24.com/2013/02/canelo...september-14th/
Jack 1000
QUOTE (aTYpicalTYrant @ Feb 27 2013, 11:10 AM) *
So apparently this Alvarez vs. Trout match is in danger of not happening on 04May2013 because Canelo wants Floyd to confirm their fight in September........ I can sort of see Canelo's point IF and only IF he beats Trout.

http://www.boxingnews24.com/2013/02/canelo...september-14th/

I agree with the article. Alverez's people want the Mayweather guarantee, because it's not a given that he will beat Trout. If he loses to Trout, the Mayweather fight goes out the window. Do you think that if the Mayweather-Alverez fight is locked for September 4th, that there is no way that Trout gets a decision against Alverez? Trout may have trouble winning on the cards anyway. Trout not being a money maker like "Cinnamon Head" may have a negative influence on the judging. If the judging to Trout is fair, and should he beat Alverez, Trout will really have a name for himself and may have the style and name to give Floyd problems should they ever fight.

Jack
Cshel86
QUOTE (Jack 1000 @ Feb 27 2013, 12:35 PM) *
Alverez's people want the Mayweather guarantee, because it's not a given that he will beat Trout. If he loses to Trout, the Mayweather fight goes out the window.

I totally agree with your point....it truly sounds like some doubt is going on in the Canelo camp.

Canelo is giving Floyd an ultimatum like a spoiled girlfriend?! If Floyd wouldn't go for Arum's ultimatums for what is arguably the biggest fight in boxing history, then who in the fuck is Canelo to throw ultimatums out there???

Dammit man, is everybody snorting that Bolivian Marching Powder nowadays? Sheesh. Too many people have told Canelo that he's the next big thing in boxing...sort of reminds me of a bunch dudes that are desperate to get laid, telling an ugly chick that she's pretty. If she hears it enough, then she'll carry herself that way.

Canelo needs to man up and fight some able-bodied fighters. Wait a minute...well, nevermind, we all know the story behind that. Dude hasn't even fought a top 10 Jr. MW, so WTF? He acts like he's doing Floyd a favor by saying that he wont fight on his card, as if Broner wont step in help sell the card.

As much as I don't like Broner, he'll do a better job selling the fight, than Canelo will. Broner's promotional approach reminds me of one of those chicks in school, who didn't get enough attention, but knew they had what it took to be popular...so they learned how to get people's attention. Canelo approach (or lack thereof) reminds me of one of those chicks that everybody went out of their way to tell her how beautiful she was, so she never had to work for anything.

As much as Chavez Jr. appeared to be protected, he's actually fought tougher competition than Alvarez...and they both fight about 2-3 a year. I'm tired of them putting this kid in there with dust bunnies, and hope that we overlook it and make him bigger than what he thinks he is.
flazi
^^^ what he said
checkleft
Too funny. Go ahead red, drop out of the fight.

I will actually lose respect for Floyd if he gives on to these demands. Hope he puts up ishe vs cotto as the undercard instead to teach ginger a Fucking lesson then rematches cotto in September (which Floyd has reserved already I heard)
aTYpicalTYrant
A King does not bow before a prince...... Canelo better learn some respect for real. Lack of reverence for Floyd will get you nowhere.
Franchize
Time out so Canelo is finally fighting somebody of worth and he's walking around like he's got the biggest dick in the orgy? Fuck outta here man! I liked Canelo but this is bold. You're going to give Mayweather an ultimatum? His biggest fight was against a washed up Mosley. These young fighters are getting to big for their britches.
flazi
this dude is crazy. he hasn't paid his dues yet.
The Original MrFactor
QUOTE (Franchize @ Feb 27 2013, 03:47 PM) *
Time out so Canelo is finally fighting somebody of worth and he's walking around like he's got the biggest dick in the orgy? Fuck outta here man! I liked Canelo but this is bold. You're going to give Mayweather an ultimatum? His biggest fight was against a washed up Mosley. These young fighters are getting to big for their britches.

Sheeeit. Thank many of the cats on this sight. The young guys see the way Mayweather is worshipped and defended tooth and nail for his bullshit cherry picked fights over the years. The young up and comers think thats the way to go. I cant blame em.
The Original MrFactor
With the big six ist thats being touted, there stands a major issue of losses. IF(when) Canelo loses to Trout, he loses to Mayweather too. Then Mayweather wont fight Trout for various reasons, mainly because I think Trout is with Haymon. Trout goes on and fights Angulo and wins. Canelo goes on and loses again to Kirkland. In the Meantime Cotto goes on and outpoints Ishe Smith and gets a belt. This sets up Cotto/Mayweather 2. So in all of this, Mayweather has honored 2 fights... I can keep going...

Mayweather beats Cotto and still has Trout looking at him. Thats not gonna happen, so Trout fights Kirkland and wins. Meanwhile, Canelo loses to Molina. Angulo hangs himself on his leash but manages to beat Ishe Smith. Mayweather takes on Kell Brook and surprisingly loses a SD. Then its over...

Ofcoarse it could be over if Guerrero wins too...
aTYpicalTYrant
So apparently Canelo "Flexed" his muscle and now will be fighting on 20April2013 against Trout rather than on the FMJ vs Guerrero PPV. Canelo may have officially played himself. He has done "NOTHING" to warrant believing he can dictate a Veteran of FMJ's caliber. While I am glad that he is still fighting Austin Trout, he robbed himself of a major opportuniTY to promote himself on a card that will be (more likely) be watched by more people over all.
daprofessor
QUOTE (aTYpicalTYrant @ Feb 27 2013, 08:27 PM) *
So apparently Canelo "Flexed" his muscle and now will be fighting on 20April2013 against Trout rather than on the FMJ vs Guerrero PPV. Canelo may have officially played himself. He has done "NOTHING" to warrant believing he can dictate a Veteran of FMJ's caliber. While I am glad that he is still fighting Austin Trout, he robbed himself of a major opportuniTY to promote himself on a card that will be (more likely) be watched by more people over all.

i'm not so sure he played himself. he's going to be the A side to his own show and he's fighting a worthy opponent. if he should win....he's beat a solid opponent. since it's on showtime and not ppv...i'm not sure how his viewership comes into play if and when they negotiate the terms.

honestly....canelo/trout is a much bigger fight, significance wise...than floyd/guerrero. no one expects guerrero to win. on paper...this looks to be an easy fight for floyd. not so for canelo/trout. i think trout should win...but this is by far a much more even fight between two guys who are at the top of their games at this point. i'm more excited about this fight.
The Original MrFactor
QUOTE (daprofessor @ Feb 27 2013, 08:05 PM) *
i'm not so sure he played himself. he's going to be the A side to his own show and he's fighting a worthy opponent. if he should win....he's beat a solid opponent. since it's on showtime and not ppv...i'm not sure how his viewership comes into play if and when they negotiate the terms.

honestly....canelo/trout is a much bigger fight, significance wise...than floyd/guerrero. no one expects guerrero to win. on paper...this looks to be an easy fight for floyd. not so for canelo/trout. i think trout should win...but this is by far a much more even fight between two guys who are at the top of their games at this point. i'm more excited about this fight.

Darn, beat me to it... Let me add, from some of the rumors I've read on various sites, Canelo would fight on Floyd's undercard if there was some type of guarantee of a Mayweather/Canelo in September. Sounds like there's no guarantee. Also Canelo is testing his market value by doing this. This is smart and right on his part. Mayweather counts all of Canelo's numbers on his PPV if Canelo fights on the undercard. Now they will both have to stand alone and see who is the bigger draw. I think Canelo's numbers may surprise us all due to the Mexican fan base. They love this guy. Personally, I ain't paying for either.
mrchitown
QUOTE (The Original MrFactor @ Feb 27 2013, 07:47 PM) *
Darn, beat me to it... Let me add, from some of the rumors I've read on various sites, Canelo would fight on Floyd's undercard if there was some type of guarantee of a Mayweather/Canelo in September. Sounds like there's no guarantee. Also Canelo is testing his market value by doing this. This is smart and right on his part. Mayweather counts all of Canelo's numbers on his PPV if Canelo fights on the undercard. Now they will both have to stand alone and see who is the bigger draw. I think Canelo's numbers may surprise us all due to the Mexican fan base. They love this guy. Personally, I ain't paying for either.

I don't think Canelo's #'s will come into play because for one it's just going to be on Showtime and two he hasn't been a big draw as far as tv ratings. Broner's ratings are higher then his. Broner drew 1.4 mil and peaked at 1.5 mil. Canelo's last fight didn't even peak at 1.1 mil. He brought in a 1.01 mil viewership
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.