Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: HBO@8:30PM(PT)/10:30PM(ET)-Broner vs. Reese-SPOILERS
FightHype Community > BOXING HYPE > Boxing
Pages: 1, 2
Jack 1000
For all on-going and post-fight reaction to the Broner-Reese fight. Will "Broner" be a massive "problem" for Reese in a blowout? Will this fight be a good (although losing effort) for Reese? Or can Reese shock the 30-1 to 80-1 odds against him and solve "The Problem?!"

Find out in this thread!

Jack

Administrator
mgrover
my computer blew its power supply today... my life is over
Jack 1000
QUOTE (mgrover @ Feb 16 2013, 02:40 PM) *
my computer blew its power supply today... my life is over

How were/are you on-line to post?

Jack
Cshel86
I haven't wished upon a star in a long time, but tonight, I will. My only wish is that Rees gives us something to talk about. I'm not talking about him being a highlight on Broner's reel, but hopefully he shows us something.

In the back of my mind, I just think his head movement will slow down drastically, after Broner shows his speed and catches him with a few shots early on. On the other hand, I'm not liking these damn odds, and again, with these types of lopsided odds...anything can happen.

I'm about to check out a Rees fight. Can anybody name one of his hardest fights...I need to see how he handles speed and adversity...that's usually what I watch old fights for. Help
Jack 1000
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Feb 16 2013, 05:42 PM) *
I haven't wished upon a star in a long time, but tonight, I will. My only wish is that Rees gives us something to talk about. I'm not talking about him being a highlight on Broner's reel, but hopefully he shows us something.

In the back of my mind, I just think his head movement will slow down drastically, after Broner shows his speed and catches him with a few shots early on. On the other hand, I'm not liking these damn odds, and again, with these types of lopsided odds...anything can happen.

I'm about to check out a Rees fight. Can anybody name one of his hardest fights...I need to see how he handles speed and adversity...that's usually what I watch old fights for. Help

Here's Gavin's Record,

He said in an interview that he was never stopped, but he does have one TKO loss in the 12th round:

http://boxrec.com/list_bouts.php?human_id=...0&cat=boxer

Maybe he was hit hard and doesn't remember being stopped!

I hope he's not this British Bum that the boxing scribes say. I don't know what fights to check. I heard he's slow, determined, and likes to brawl, but is not noted as a hard puncher.

Jack

PS. I might check the fight he lost TKO 12 Kotelnik. I mean he is a former WBA world and British champ, so it's not like he's some Peter McNeeley that they plucked off the street.
Cshel86
QUOTE (Jack 1000 @ Feb 16 2013, 07:06 PM) *
Here's Gavin's Record,

He said in an interview that he was never stopped, but he does have one TKO loss in the 12th round:

http://boxrec.com/list_bouts.php?human_id=...0&cat=boxer

Maybe he was hit hard and doesn't remember being stopped!

I hope he's not this British Bum that the boxing scribes say. I don't know what fights to check. I heard he's slow, determined, and likes to brawl, but is not noted as a hard puncher.

Jack

PS. I might check the fight he lost TKO 12 Kotelnik. I mean he is a former WBA world and British champ, so it's not like he's some Peter McNeeley that they plucked off the street.

laugh.gif

This already isn't sounding good for Rees. Lol

I'll check out the Kotelnik fight...that should be a decent litmus test for me to make a decent prediction of his performance tonight.
mgrover
QUOTE (Jack 1000 @ Feb 16 2013, 11:07 PM) *
How were/are you on-line to post?

Jack

phone, no streaming sites for me tonight :/
BigFightFan
If anyone has a stream that has the HBO crew announcing please DM me a link
Cshel86
Did I mention that I hate Adrien Broner...so much to the point that he's actually entertaining from time to time?

I saw a 10 min clip of Rees/Kotelnik (from round 10-12), and I saw all I needed to see. Broner by murder, tonight. An upset on Rees' end can never be underestimated, but it may not be tonight.

I didn't know that Lampley would be calling the fight tonight, I was expecting RJJ, Kellerman, and Papa.
Cshel86
Man these Corona girls are HOT tonight...as usual. laugh.gif
Cshel86
Wow cool, a Rules Expert. Thank you Steve Weisfield, Admiral Dipshit. cool.gif

PS: Bika won that 1st round, nice left up top and lefts to the body.
BigFightFan
The slam dunk contest sucks this year! Bika is looking good, he just needs to close the distance a little more to avoid overreaching
Cshel86
QUOTE (BigFightFan @ Feb 16 2013, 10:51 PM) *
The slam dunk contest sucks this year! Bika is looking good, he just needs to close the distance a little more to avoid overreaching

Are these fans that are competing in the contest???

Bika has pitched a shutout thus far. Bika is a mixture of Taye Diggs and Evander Holyfield.
BigFightFan
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Feb 16 2013, 10:57 PM) *
Are these fans that are competing in the contest???

Bika has pitched a shutout thus far. Bika is a mixture of Taye Diggs and Evander Holyfield.

Cshel86
Sjekloca has done nothing noteworthy going into the 7th.
aTYpicalTYrant
QUOTE (BigFightFan @ Feb 16 2013, 10:51 PM) *

I'll just watch the highlights on SportsCenter. I got uninterested way too early....
Cshel86
Great pace by Bika, but he looks to be slowing down a bit.
BigFightFan
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Feb 16 2013, 11:14 PM) *
Great pace by Bika, but he looks to be slowing down a bit.

If this guy had some power Bika would be in trouble
Franchize
Seklosha is going to shit on himself in the ring taking all these body blows lol
Franchize
Bike looks like Mayorga out there lol

BTW, who CHANGES trainer TO Kevin Cunningham? huh.gif
Cshel86
QUOTE (BigFightFan @ Feb 16 2013, 11:20 PM) *
If this guy had some power Bika would be in trouble

My sentiments exactly....

QUOTE (Franchize @ Feb 16 2013, 11:21 PM) *
Seklosha is going to shit on himself in the ring taking all these body blows lol

Either that, or his kidneys and intestines now have an easy way out of his body....
Franchize
Bika has an underrated jab
Franchize
Sjekloca looks like Jim Harbaugh
Cshel86
QUOTE (Franchize @ Feb 16 2013, 11:26 PM) *
Sjekloca looks like Jim Harbaugh

laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif

Oh shit!!!
Cshel86
I'm sure Sjekloca WILL BE pissing blood in a few hours...if not within the next half hour. no2.gif
Cheesey1
QUOTE (Franchize @ Feb 16 2013, 11:25 PM) *
Bika has an underrated jab

I've watched Bika quite a few times before and to me, the extent to which he's been using the jab tonight and the success he's having with it is a new development. I'm attributing that to his new trainer.

The only issue is the doubling up and tripling up. You can get caught that way, although the speed with which he's been doubling it up has kept him out of any serious trouble (unlike my friend Mike Dallas Jr.).
Also that could be because Sjekloca isn't that dangerous of a puncher, but I think that since Bika isn't being lazy with it, or essentially pausing in between, he isn't allowing Sjekloca to counter that well.
Franchize
HBO's number graphic is backwards lol
Cshel86
QUOTE (Franchize @ Feb 16 2013, 11:34 PM) *
HBO's number graphic is backwards lol

What AINT backward about HBO?

Whoever this GED holder is, that's in charge of the programming, will more than likely be looking for another job after tonight.
Franchize
Anybody know who this Martin Murray MFer is that Sergio is fighting? Never heard of him
Cheesey1
QUOTE (Franchize @ Feb 16 2013, 11:37 PM) *
Anybody know who this Martin Murray MFer is that Sergio is fighting? Never heard of him

Decent British guy. Probably lose to 'Maravilla' but I'd like his chances against a bum like Chavez Jr.
Cshel86
You know a guy is serious, when he comes to the ring with no shirt on. laugh.gif
Cshel86
Okay Broner...yall can keep the buffoonery, I'll stay black on this end and maintain some of the dignity for the rest of our people. laugh.gif
Cheesey1
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Feb 16 2013, 11:47 PM) *
Okay Broner...yall can keep the buffoonery, I'll stay black on this end and maintain some of the dignity for the rest of our people. laugh.gif

For real. I'm a fan of Broner, but that entrance was cringe worthy. I changed the channel during that highly embarrassing moment.
aTYpicalTYrant
And the coonery begins..... He better focus on fighting. I'm not sure if I'm a fan of this dude yet. But I hope his skills can continue to outweigh his personaliTY.
VJones
I'm late to the party, tonight. Hi fellas.

Smh at Broner's ring entrance. Embarrassment.

Just box. I seriously can't take the rest of his shtick. Just box guy.
VJones
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Feb 17 2013, 12:47 AM) *

Yes

QUOTE (Cheesey1 @ Feb 17 2013, 12:49 AM) *
For real. I'm a fan of Broner, but that entrance was cringe worthy. I changed the channel during that highly embarrassing moment.

Yes
QUOTE (aTYpicalTYrant @ Feb 17 2013, 12:50 AM) *
And the coonery begins..... He better focus on fighting. I'm not sure if I'm a fan of this dude yet. But I hope his skills can continue to outweigh his personaliTY.

And yes.
Cshel86
Ref: "Are you ready? Are YOU ready? Okay...let's get this thang on."

laugh.gif

This ref is a deacon on Sundays...you cant tell me anything otherwise.
Cshel86
QUOTE (VJones @ Feb 16 2013, 11:50 PM) *
I'm late to the party, tonight. Hi fellas.

Smh at Broner's ring entrance. Embarrassment.

Just box. I seriously can't take the rest of his shtick. Just box guy.

Cool!

Glad you're checking in!

Nice round for Rees...I'll enjoy it while it lasts. Lol
aTYpicalTYrant
Rees came to fight thus far in round 1
aTYpicalTYrant
Rees takes round 1. Surprised?
Cheesey1
QUOTE (aTYpicalTYrant @ Feb 16 2013, 11:54 PM) *

I am. I thought that although Rees was active, Broner did more damage. Whatever, I can understand how they scored it that way. I wouldn't, but whatever.
VJones
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Feb 17 2013, 12:53 AM) *
Cool!

Glad you're checking in!

Nice round for Rees...I'll enjoy it while it lasts. Lol

lol, Yeah, but something tells me it may last a little longer than expected...

QUOTE (aTYpicalTYrant @ Feb 17 2013, 12:54 AM) *

Not surprised. Broner is a bit high on himself. Think it's gonna take him a few rounds to remember he's a fighter and not a rapper.
aTYpicalTYrant
I'm giving Rees round 2 also. Broner might want to focus a bit rather than play in the ring.
Cshel86
REES AINT NO HOE!!!

laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif

I've given him the first 2 rounds, though Broner put on a little pressure in the 2nd.
BigFightFan
I have Reese up 2-0
VJones
Agreed!
Franchize
Can someone explain to me how you can cover boxing for so many years and still not be able to tell when a punch lands and when it's blocked? C'mon Lampley
Franchize
Rees 2-1 but clearly Broner is lookin at the bigger picture.
Franchize
whhoooooooooooooooooo Broner made me Rick Flair just now lol
Cshel86
Can somebody please tell RJJ that "lead" doesn't have 5 fuckin' "E's" in it.

RJJ: "Broner just landed a good right hand leeeead".
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.