Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: HBO@8:30PM(PT)/10:30PM(ET)-Broner vs. Reese-SPOILERS
FightHype Community > BOXING HYPE > Boxing
Pages: 1, 2
VJones
They might have to save Rees from himself....
KOpower
Broner needs to stop playing in the ring. It isn't smart, it isn't cute, and it isn't what a legitimate big-boy fighter does. He just looks like a clown. He has so much talent and so much ability, he just needs to grow up. Mayweather doesn't act like a clown in the ring. Broner should pay attention.
Franchize
Anyone get a Mayweather vs Jesus Chavez vibe from this fight?
Cshel86
QUOTE (Franchize @ Feb 17 2013, 12:04 AM) *
whhoooooooooooooooooo Broner made me Rick Flair just now lol

laugh.gif

PS: I hate Broner's dad's reactions during fights! I like him though! Lol
aTYpicalTYrant
Broner takes that round for sure! BUT can we please stop comparing his Defense to that of FMJ?
BigFightFan
Did Reese girl just break up with him? Lol, she has seen enough
VJones
QUOTE (Franchize @ Feb 17 2013, 01:03 AM) *
Can someone explain to me how you can cover boxing for so many years and still not be able to tell when a punch lands and when it's blocked? C'mon Lampley

He sees what he wants to see. Smh.
QUOTE (Franchize @ Feb 17 2013, 01:04 AM) *
whhoooooooooooooooooo Broner made me Rick Flair just now lol

Lol

QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Feb 17 2013, 01:04 AM) *
Can somebody please tell RJJ that "lead" doesn't have 5 fuckin' "E's" in it.

RJJ: "Broner just landed a good right hand leeeead".

I think he's taken speech classes. It sometimes makes an accent worse. Lol
VJones
QUOTE (BigFightFan @ Feb 17 2013, 01:08 AM) *
Did Reese girl just break up with him? Lol, she has seen enough

Lmbo, that's just a shame. How're you gonna date a boxer and not have a stomach for the violence...?
The Original MrFactor
Mayweather Jr Jr beat up on Charlie Brown tonite... Good while it lasted though.
KOpower
Really fun fight. I want to see more of Gavin and I really like Broner. My only problem is that he looks a little bit weak mentally. It looks like he is worrying too much what the crowd thinks. Maybe he just doesn't feel challenged against these guys, but he seems to lose focus pretty easily.
Franchize
Rees put up a tough fight but Broner was too skilled. I have to see Broner against a big time opponent before I complain about him joking around in the ring. Who knows if he'll do the same against top competition. One thing of concern for me with Broner is how he keeps his mouth wide open when he fights. He's going to fuck around and get his jaw broken.
aTYpicalTYrant
If Adrien Broner doesn't learn some discipline before he moves up in weight he's going to get KTFO. He took WAY TOO MUCH needless punishment. Good call by Rees Trainer. Good job by Broner by responding to adversiTY.
BigFightFan
Reese is a good game fighter, definitely made for tv. I wouldn't mind seeing him again
Cshel86
What kind of piece of shit trainer stops a fight with 2 seconds left? Fuck Lockett.

PS: This Corona girl is hot as hell!!

What's up with Rees's fan moment when Buffer announced Broner as the winner??? Too funny!
aTYpicalTYrant
QUOTE (BigFightFan @ Feb 17 2013, 12:13 AM) *
Reese is a good game fighter, definitely made for tv. I wouldn't mind seeing him again

I'm with you on that one. He showed incredible heart considering who/what he was up against.
aTYpicalTYrant
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Feb 17 2013, 12:13 AM) *
What kind of piece of shit trainer stops a fight with 2 seconds left? Fuck Lockett.

PS: This Corona girl is hot as hell!!

What's up with Rees's fan moment when Buffer announced Broner as the winner??? Too funny!

I'm ok with the corner attempting to protect Him.
KOpower
Someone take the mic away from Broner. The guy can't be taken seriously. He sounds like a 14 year old kid. Lord...does he not take anything seriously?
Cshel86
There were only two knockdowns Kellerman, get Broner's sack out of your mouth.

That "neckbone" comment by Broner was WILD! laugh.gif
Cshel86
QUOTE (aTYpicalTYrant @ Feb 17 2013, 12:17 AM) *

If you let him get beat down for 2:58, then what's wrong with 2 more seconds? They could've waited til he got back to the corner. Lol
Cheesey1
QUOTE (aTYpicalTYrant @ Feb 17 2013, 12:17 AM) *

Definitely. I saw the stoppage coming from the first round and I know his trainer saw that too, so why let him eat more powerful punches when his body is at its most vulnerable.
BigFightFan
I can see Max getting frustrated with Bronner in the future during an interview.
The Original MrFactor
Why not Mayweather Jr Jr against Khan?
neophyte7
I would rather watch Khan Mayweather than Guerrero.... Khan has a measure of skill...
VJones
QUOTE (KOpower @ Feb 17 2013, 01:06 AM) *
Broner needs to stop playing in the ring. It isn't smart, it isn't cute, and it isn't what a legitimate big-boy fighter does. He just looks like a clown. He has so much talent and so much ability, he just needs to grow up. Mayweather doesn't act like a clown in the ring. Broner should pay attention.

Definitely!

QUOTE (KOpower @ Feb 17 2013, 01:12 AM) *
Really fun fight. I want to see more of Gavin and I really like Broner. My only problem is that he looks a little bit weak mentally. It looks like he is worrying too much what the crowd thinks. Maybe he just doesn't feel challenged against these guys, but he seems to lose focus pretty easily.

Agreed. I definitely don't think he's been challenged yet. But it'll come....hope he'll be prepared.

QUOTE (Franchize @ Feb 17 2013, 01:13 AM) *
Rees put up a tough fight but Broner was too skilled. I have to see Broner against a big time opponent before I complain about him joking around in the ring. Who knows if he'll do the same against top competition. One thing of concern for me with Broner is how he keeps his mouth wide open when he fights. He's going to fuck around and get his jaw broken.

Agreed on the open mouth! I noticed that in a few earlier fights and thought the same.

QUOTE (aTYpicalTYrant @ Feb 17 2013, 01:13 AM) *
If Adrien Broner doesn't learn some discipline before he moves up in weight he's going to get KTFO. He took WAY TOO MUCH needless punishment. Good call by Rees Trainer. Good job by Broner by responding to adversiTY.

I agree. He's a bit annoying...especially at this stage. When you're making 20 million and have dominated/destroyed hall of famers, etc., then I'll except a little clowning and cockiness. Until then, juuuuuust box. Lol
neophyte7
Broner vs Corley.. I bet Chop buzzes that ass real good!!!
checkleft
Gavin vazquez might have been a good fight to make lol I could see Gavin pressuring him well.

Gavin gave a real good effort. But broner is just too much when he stops Fucking around
Jack 1000
Why did the corner want a stoppage after the the first KD? Reese was still in it and gave a better showing than expected by many. Broner too strong through. However, the odds against Gavin were ridiculous!

What's with the new HBO graphics? I fast forward right to the ring intros.

Too many people in the booth if you will. Is this a new production team or some shit. WTF is Steve Weisfield doing there? Who's brilliant idea was that?

Jack
Jack 1000
QUOTE (KOpower @ Feb 16 2013, 11:06 PM) *

He's trying to copy Mayweather in the ring, but what it is is an immature Mayweather. Broner needs to develop more as a fighter before doing that Leonard/Gavilan Bolo punch shit. Adrian's got very strong potential, but he's not yet good enough to do that kind of shit. (Yet.)

Jack
Dolimite
Commentators: I swear they are more critics than anything. Kellerman had his tongue so far up Broner's ass that Pacquaio called HBO execs and told him to show some class. I like the Showtime crew better, they are fans of boxing and not groupies of a boxer. All they kept talking about was Broner's greatness not giving any credit to Reese

Fight 1: Great fight. Abiko showed some heart and he seems to be improving. The Eastern European fighter needs some more work but has a good chin,

Fight 2: Reese showed great heart! I like that little dude. His trainer did an outstanding job with instructions and stopping the fight. I want to see this little man again. Adrian took Gavin a little light but he came alive and just put the lights out. Broner needs to stay disciplined in the ring. When he moves up to 140 that shit will not work. Good fight can't wait to see him again May 4th.
Dolimite
QUOTE (neophyte7 @ Feb 16 2013, 09:27 PM) *

That is the fight that I said I would like to see but these boxing purist in here said hell no. LOL
neophyte7
QUOTE (Dolimite @ Feb 17 2013, 11:40 AM) *
That is the fight that I said I would like to see but these boxing purist in here said hell no. LOL

LMAO... that is because they know Broner stands the chance of getting his head knocked the fuck off his shoulders...
checkleft
I think abril or vasquez will give him the most trouble. Corley can't take those kinds of shots, he might give him a few issues but I doubt he gives him a run for his money.

Btw isn't corley at 140?? And isn't he a beltholder? Why isn't somebody chasing his ass down? That division has players!
Jack 1000
QUOTE (neophyte7 @ Feb 16 2013, 11:27 PM) *

Hard to say. A motivated Corely might make a strong effort, but I don't think wins on the cards. I forsee Broner potentially losing, not because of anything to do with lack of skills. He'll lose because he'll mock a fighter, leave his head exposed, do something really dumb-assed, and get KTFO. He's got Mayweather or Roy Jones type arrogance, when Roy was in his prime. (Roy mellowed after losing, big time.) But if Adrian wants to be like Floyd, talk shit outside the ring, but don't do dipshit stuff inside the ring. It's like I said before. Broner's just not good enough yet to be given a pass for his arrogance.

Jack
aTYpicalTYrant
QUOTE (Jack 1000 @ Feb 17 2013, 06:32 PM) *
Hard to say. A motivated Corely might make a strong effort, but I don't think wins on the cards. I forsee Broner potentially losing, not because of anything to do with lack of skills. He'll lose because he'll mock a fighter, leave his head exposed, do something really dumb-assed, and get KTFO. He's got Mayweather or Roy Jones type arrogance, when Roy was in his prime. (Roy mellowed after losing, big time.) But if Adrian wants to be like Floyd, talk shit outside the ring, but don't do dipshit stuff inside the ring. It's like I said before. Broner's just not good enough yet to be given a pass for his arrogance.

Jack

Had he been fighting someone else he "could have" ended up like Victor Ortiz during the Floyd fight. If he does not mature and continues to leave his chin exposed like that with his mouth open he's going to take an "L" in an embarrassing way (especially as he goes up in weight) I can't wait to see how he responds once the opponents become more competitively sound (still haven't seen the Ponce De Leon fight).
Gambit808
The Problem has his own Problems in need of fixing if he's looking to dominate the 140, 147, and possibly 154lbs. division. I got the chance to see this fight live and direct in Atlantic City and as usual, Broner doesn't fail to disappoint in entertaining. Dude has skills, but 1 thing I noticed and I don't know if the announcers picked up on this or not, because I haven't seen the televised broadcast yet, but Broner gets hit waaaay to much. I'm starting to get the feeling that in order to escape this aura of him being compared to Floyd, that he'll look to focus on being more aggressive with his style and in effect will bring the Broner that I saw Saturday night. He'll continue to be a Bully at lightweight, but when he starts to move up in weight he may need to fix the amount of times he does get hit.

What do ya'll think of the Style of Adrien Broner, Offense & Defence?

Is he the full package?
Thebruntje
Broner is very skilled and talented but he didn't show us yet that he's the complete package! He has been fighting the same way in his last fights, i don't see no
versatility. He has been able to impose his size advantage against his last opponents, all he has been doing lately is walking his opponents down while taking some punishment in the proces..My question is : What happens when he moves to 140 and faces big punchers like Mathysse, Garcia, Rios?
Against this guys he won't be able impose his size as he does now! IF Mathysse hits him clean like Rees did, Broner is going down!!
Broner is partially another hype job of Goldenboy, just like Canelo ! They're both young, very skilled, but until now they have been facing little men instead of quality opposition!
mitukczuk
The only thing with Broner that can be compared to Floyd is the STYLE. And STYLE doesn't mean effectiveness. He looks similar when he fights, but he is not as effective as Floyd - defense and offense-wise. To me he fights in the similar fashion as Floyd did against Augustus, but he fights like that all the time. I don't know whether it is based on his own decision or his inability to be more defensive and cover up better.

The biggest problem of THE problem is that he has not been tested yet. After someone gives him run for his money, then I'll know more.
wolterb
Thebruntje mentioned Broner has won his past bouts based on his size advantage...that is how it appears to me too. I think Broner is gonna be knocking everyone out until he goes up and the size balances out a bit. That is when we'll get to see what Broner is made of
aTYpicalTYrant
QUOTE (Thebruntje @ Feb 18 2013, 11:50 AM) *
Broner is very skilled and talented but he didn't show us yet that he's the complete package! He has been fighting the same way in his last fights, i don't see no
versatility. He has been able to impose his size advantage against his last opponents, all he has been doing lately is walking his opponents down while taking some punishment in the proces..My question is : What happens when he moves to 140 and faces big punchers like Mathysse, Garcia, Rios?
Against this guys he won't be able impose his size as he does now! IF Mathysse hits him clean like Rees did, Broner is going down!
Broner is partially another hype job of Goldenboy, just like Canelo ! They're both young, very skilled, but until now they have been facing little men instead of quality opposition!

I swear I said those same exact words! I hope he becomes more disciplined before moving up cuz if not, graviTY could become one hell of a realiTY check.
wolterb
^I agree but if Matthysse v Broner gets made Broner isn't gonna fight in the same way he fought Rees.
Jack 1000
QUOTE (mitukczuk @ Feb 18 2013, 10:53 AM) *
The only thing with Broner that can be compared to Floyd is the STYLE. And STYLE doesn't mean effectiveness. He looks similar when he fights, but he is not as effective as Floyd - defense and offense-wise. To me he fights in the similar fashion as Floyd did against Augustus, but he fights like that all the time. I don't know whether it is based on his own decision or his inability to be more defensive and cover up better.

The biggest problem of THE problem is that he has not been tested yet. After someone gives him run for his money, then I'll know more.

Agree 100% Can "The Problem" deal with solving the problem of being hit and coming back when hurt? Can he deal with adversity? When we see a few fights where he has had to do that, a better assessment can be made.

Jack
aTYpicalTYrant
QUOTE (wolterb @ Feb 18 2013, 12:18 PM) *
^I agree but if Matthysse v Broner gets made Broner isn't gonna fight in the same way he fought Rees.

I'm in full agreement with you on him fighting better competition differently. BUT can you say that you believe that Adrien Broner will be more focused in the ring against better opposition? I sure as hell cant. He's the class clown TYpe of guy and an attention whore. I hope his antics dont result in him losing a fight. But stupidiTY should be painful. Either way we will find out in due time.
aTYpicalTYrant
QUOTE (Jack 1000 @ Feb 18 2013, 01:41 PM) *
Agree 100% Can "The Problem" deal with solving the problem of being hit and coming back when hurt? Can he deal with adversity? When we see a few fights where he has had to do that, a better assessment can be made.

Jack

Can he turn into a dragon and spit fireballs? Thats what I want to know
Jack 1000
QUOTE (aTYpicalTYrant @ Feb 18 2013, 12:46 PM) *

LOL!!! I'll bet Max Kellerman thinks Broner can change the world the way he was on his dick all telecast! hahahaha!! However, I noticed that Lamply actually gave Reese some credit when he did well in the first two rounds. The team didn't sit silent when "Their favorite son isn't doing well." Like they have for some other fights. Broner took some good shots early from an alleged 80-1 longshot!

Jack
checkleft
I disagree. Broner seemed to be clowning around because of his opposition. You didn't see him clowning around against demarco (a knockout artist) or escobedo. I think he came in and knew his boy couldn't pop and just got irresponsible on D because he figured he could take his shots and clown around.

Gambit808
QUOTE (wolterb @ Feb 18 2013, 12:18 PM) *

I agree here and I agree with mitukczuk when speeking on effectiveness.

I don't have a Problem with the way Broner fights, because it's entertaining, but so far (I'm guessing because of his opposition), he's shown his vulnerabilities that could play to the favor of a stacked 140lbs. 147lbs. division.
wolterb
QUOTE (aTYpicalTYrant @ Feb 18 2013, 01:46 PM) *

lol that is the question. i think he's got more work to do before that evolution takes place.

even when broner is a clown i don't think it necessarily means he isn't focused. he is just trying to beat opponents and stand out from the rest of the new guys. his persona could become his downfall but that is only if we see him acting a fool in the ring with someone that can push his head back and make the feet follow too.

i think it is alright to act like a dickhead if you can afford to, though it isn't like that when you are across the ring from a clown
mgrover
Probably the next p4p king as long as he doesn't do something stupid, well him or Ward. I mean sure when May weather retires the throne will be empty but you shouldn't just move someone up because there's no one better. He seems fine with facing all comers but really needs to unify and move on
neophyte7
Time to put Broner in there with a real live dog his size.... that can punch to see what he really has. He has not faced anyone as dangerous as Floyd did at a younger age in Gennaro Hernandez or Angel Manfreddy
sduck
QUOTE (Thebruntje @ Feb 18 2013, 11:50 AM) *
Against this guys he won't be able impose his size as he does now! IF Mathysse hits him clean like Rees did, Broner is going down!!

QUOTE (mitukczuk @ Feb 18 2013, 11:53 AM) *

People are being too easily sold on Broner. Just because he looks like a great (Mayweather), doesn't mean he is. They've done this to other people like Mosley who resembled SRR, and that vision fell short.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.