Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Mayweather signs 6 fight deal w/showtime: Announces Guerrero as May 4th opponent
FightHype Community > BOXING HYPE > Boxing
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4
Marcus
QUOTE (Dolimite @ Feb 19 2013, 07:35 PM) *
Dude did you just shit on Floyd and compliment at the same time? His fans are excited and it was a great move to jump ship from HBO to showtime. I don't get people sometimes, Floyd in no way is perfect but business wise this dude just pulled a Royal Flush out from no where. Come on man, enjoy this shit don't be a debbie downer. In your world what would you want Floyd to do to satisfy your high ass standards? Man... He inked a 6 fight deal within 30 months, what more can you want? Come on Chsels come on,

+1
daprofessor
QUOTE (mgrover @ Feb 19 2013, 04:24 PM) *
I don't mean to sound like am out of a Rocky movie, but Guerrero seems to bring something to the table most of his recent opponents aside from Cotto hasn't, and that's hunger. Guerrero seems to believe his own fantasy that he will be champion that day, I guess believing anything otherwise with an opponent like Mayweather is pointless.

even though he lost to salido...and that was ruled a nc because of the positive test by salido...in his mind...he's undefeated. he's riding high. he's definitely not shop worn...and he's hungry and very capable. let's not forget that he likes to work the body...rough house in the trenches and he has some speed and pop. floyd is going to have to earn his money come may.
scdrking2
Rewatching the Berto Guerrero fight. Unless he gets the same useless ref, half the stuff he did wont fly. And Floyd moves way better and is way more crafty than Berto. Guerrero may end up getting check hooked like Ricky Hatton.
daprofessor
QUOTE (Dolimite @ Feb 19 2013, 04:40 PM) *
Professor usually I agree with most of the things that you say but this one I can not go with you on. Guerrero at best is the poor man's Castillo. He is not going to rough house Floyd like he did Berto and unlike Berto, he will be dealing with the original Shoulder Roll. Not a BS imitation. Guerrero gets hit way too often and he does not have a power punch. This should be an interesting fight but my money is on Money! And what a hell of a deal that he inked with showtime. Someone at HBO is about to get fired!

i agree with you on berto being easier to hit than floyd....but i'll also point out that guerrero took bertos best shots and didn't even blink. guerrero will work the body and floyd will get touched in this fight. mark my word. he may even get dropped. guerrero was a bad choice of opponent and i'm surprised floyd sr allowed him to face this southpaw.
daprofessor
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Feb 19 2013, 04:43 PM) *
Shhhhh....dont say that too loud...wouldn't wanna ruin the Floyd fan party by being "pessimistic"...this is their moment.

Remember, anything that Floyd does, is the best thing known to mankind, and there's no such thing as error when it comes to him. That sorta reminds me of this dude name Jesus...you know, the guy that walked on water.

laugh.gif

wtf!? someone notify cshel that his account has been hacked!!!

clear giveaway...we're discussing guerrero and he's criticizing floyd and his fans! laugh.gif
daprofessor
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Feb 19 2013, 04:45 PM) *
I wonder how Manny feels about Floyd making groundbreaking move after groundbreaking move, while Arum tells him what he's going to do. The world loves Manny, but he's just in a bad spot right now...well, it's been like that for a while. Regardless of how much the world hates Floyd...dude is handling his business and breaking records. The only groundbreaking thing that Manny's manged to do as of late, is get laid out.

It seems like any type of resistance on his part, to change Arum's mind about his next move/fight, gets scoffed at and done anyway. It's looking bad for him, and moves like this on Mayweather's end, make him (FMJ) look, well...like he was right all along. no2.gif

PS: I hate it for Guerrero (press-wise), because this news is pretty much a bigger deal than the upcoming fight itself. Maybe it's a good thing, maybe he doesn't want all of the extra attention that he's going to get some of anyway...that makes for a clear mind on his part..you know, stay under the radar, and pull off the upset. Lol

yeah...more proof! someone hacked cshel's account. sad.gif

totally agree with the highlighted. it puts more pressure on floyd...and relieves guerrero to focus on the task at hand.
daprofessor
QUOTE (aTYpicalTYrant @ Feb 19 2013, 04:45 PM) *
If they haven't already committed hara-kiri lol

who else is there to fire? they fired the other dude for the pac fight that left to showtime...

the ppl that run hbo are stupid. they let some obvious ass shills convince them to make unnecessary moves. there were a group of writers shitting on al haymon and the brass at hbo. it was clear as day to me that those writings were in$pired and payed for by bob arum. they made moves and basically have shot themselves in the foot over and over again. they allowed merchant to shit on floyd. there has always been clear favoritism for certain fighters there and there was no bigger cheerleader than lampley. kellerman has slowly become merchant part deaux. the ass clown on the other side of the headsets directing the questioning needs to be fired. they always try to make controversy where there is none. they shit on good fighters and always try to come of as know-it-alls. the only good thing about hbo at this point is rjj and ward. it's all down hill from here. what they need to realize is that they are some pompous asses and they need to show more respect to boxing and it's participants. fuck hbo.
daprofessor
QUOTE (checkleft @ Feb 19 2013, 04:49 PM) *
Didn't hbo just get showtimes supposed "genius" this past year that started up the super six again along with the bantam tourney?

what was the other guys name? ross greenburg? he got it right by turning down pac/mosley! that fight turned out to be shit.
daprofessor
QUOTE (Jack 1000 @ Feb 19 2013, 05:18 PM) *
Floyd's fights will always be PPV. However, maybe HBO can learn from this and look for new exciting fighters evenly matched with other exciting fighters to breathe new talent into the network, instead of trying to "Build a star against C-grade opposition."

Jack

amen.
daprofessor
QUOTE (wolterb @ Feb 19 2013, 05:20 PM) *
original shoulder roll? haha cmon man - mayweather isnt the first to shoulder roll!

i'm giving guerrero more of a chance than you. i think his best assets are his chin and heart for this fight. i believe his straight could be dangerous too.i agree with ya though that guerrero won't be able to replicate the berto fight. we're both on the same page as far as who we think comes out the winner too lol just sayin, i think Guerrero isn't to be scoffed at

i think it's foolish to suggest that he can duplicate what he did against berto when he faces floyd....but i don't think it will be a problem for him to duplicate some of the things cotto had success with against floyd. for starters....guerrero will work the body....and that left hand will land. he will get on the inside....he will rough floyd up. it's going to be a tough fight.
daprofessor
QUOTE (Jack 1000 @ Feb 19 2013, 05:37 PM) *
I think Mayweather-Gurrero is gonna be like Mayweather-Hatton. It will be a Nevada ref who won't like Guerrero fight inside often enough to do his thing. The ref won't show the favorable bias to Mayweather like Cortez did in the Hatton fight, (although even I was annoyed with Hatton holding.) For Guerrero to win against Floyd, it's almost gotta be in California with a California ref who will let Robert do whatever he wants. No such luck in Nevada. However, It will be Floyd's toughest fight since Castillo I and I'll say 116-112 for Floyd on all cards.

Floyd Mayweather , layoff of not, is no Berto. Floyd's too smart and skilled, especially with Vegas officials seeing things his way in terms of any close rounds or what Floyd can do to an opponent.

Jack

see...everyone is making the floyd/berto comparisons....in my mind, they need to look at the guerrero/cotto comparisons to understand this better. guerrero is a sharper puncher than cotto at this point. he also is a committed body puncher and he takes a waaaay better shot than cotto. he's slightly bigger maybe stronger and faster. i don't care what the cards say....i had cotto winning five of the twelve against floyd. i get the feeling guerrero will at the very least equal that. i won't be shocked if he happens to drop floyd.
daprofessor
QUOTE (wolterb @ Feb 19 2013, 05:50 PM) *
^totally agree except i think guerrero is being miscast. he brings more to the table than hatton or castillo did in my opinion in that guerrero is versatile. he fights in more ways than one

edit: replying to Jack 1000 lol

yessir.
daprofessor
QUOTE (Franchize @ Feb 19 2013, 06:39 PM) *
When I heard about this showtime deal, it reminded me of a special moment in my life. I remember shell toes had made a come back n all my cousins N friends had the white n black ones. I finally convinced my mom to get me a pair only to find out they were sold out. So i ended up with some. Whte n Teal joints. When my ppls saw em, it was like I discovered gold. They were in awe. I felt like I had the biggest dick in the world.

Floyd just copped the teal Adidas lol! He just shat on the titan of boxing lol. Who in the hell at HBO let that shit happen? You wanna talk about fired?You lose Floyd right after the worst moment in Mannys careee? Does this mean Canelo is going the Showtime route too? Hbo just got buttfucked, chapped with no lube lol. Im sure they will rebound but man... Lampleys 3D glasses have to be going crazy. We get to see a Mayweather fight and actually hear non biased, knowledgeable commentary. Thank you!

As for the fight...I expect it to be ugly. I expect Guerrero to hug and hit all night. I expect cuts and point deductions,

laugh.gif great post!!! i totally agree! the adidas analogy was on point! i'm rocking my adidas as we speak! smile.gif
Marcus
This will replicate Mayweather-Hatton. The only thing I feel is that Guerrero will get hit often. Berto wasn't the only one with a closed eye in that Berto-Guerrero fight. I don't think Floyd's lost much of a step as far as the Cotto fight goes like people claim. People forget Floyd didn't fight just ANYBODY Floyd fought Miguel Cotto. That fight was never supposed to be easy no matter if it happened in 2012 or 2005. For some reason I feel like Floyd has developed more power. Cotto was coming but Floyd was walking him down round 12. This will be an ugly fight. Guerrero will fight on the inside but I think Floyd will come out victories. I give Guerrero 3 rounds 4 max.
Dolimite
QUOTE (daprofessor @ Feb 19 2013, 06:16 PM) *
i agree with you on berto being easier to hit than floyd....but i'll also point out that guerrero took bertos best shots and didn't even blink. guerrero will work the body and floyd will get touched in this fight. mark my word. he may even get dropped. guerrero was a bad choice of opponent and i'm surprised floyd sr allowed him to face this southpaw.

Guerrero couldn't drop Berto and Berto defense sucked and he was against the ropes the ENTIRE fight. If Shane, Chop Chop, Cotto, and Zab could not drop Mayweather there is no way in this beautiful created God's green Earth that Guerrero has enough power to floor Mayweather. Professor I just think you are play devil's advocate! Its cool that I like the balance. Berto hit Guerrero in sprees, not in balk. He did not hit Robert with combinations instead he hit him in spurts. If Mayweather constantly touches him then what is the Ghost going to do. Robert does not impress not in his last fights, I am sorry. He has heart and he took a break to help his wife but come what does Robert really have? Then again this is boxing and anyone can can be defeated. SO lets see what happens.
KOpower
This is good news as it also frees up HBO to make other meaningful fights. I also hope Mayweather fights more often. I care far more about who Mayweather fights. RG is only "meh". It will do. I like RG's style, just not his ability in a Mayweather fight. Canelo is obviously next and I think that happens whether or not he wins or loses. I think that is an interesting fight unless Canelo looks really average against Trout. Then you have the big names...Sergio Martinez, Manny Pacquaio, and Adrien Broner. Those are the 3 guys I want to see Mayweather in the ring with in 2014 and 2015. I have NO interest in seeing Floyd waste the last few years of his career against guys like Berto, Garcia, or Alexander. Go for the big challenges, Floyd. It's those big challenges that will ultimately decide your legacy.
scdrking2
If Guerrero tries to lean on Floyd and pin him on the ropes like he did against Berto, I would expect to see Floyd do a lot more spinning and countering. G was basically putting his head down and plowing forward, sometimes locking up an arm.
Marcus
QUOTE (Dolimite @ Feb 19 2013, 09:55 PM) *
Guerrero couldn't drop Berto and Berto defense sucked and he was against the ropes the ENTIRE fight. If Shane, Chop Chop, Cotto, and Zab could not drop Mayweather there is no way in this beautiful created God's green Earth that Guerrero has enough power to floor Mayweather. Professor I just think you are play devil's advocate! Its cool that I like the balance. Berto hit Guerrero in sprees, not in balk. He did not hit Robert with combinations instead he hit him in spurts. If Mayweather constantly touches him then what is the Ghost going to do. Robert does not impress not in his last fights, I am sorry. He has heart and he took a break to help his wife but come what does Robert really have? Then again this is boxing and anyone can can be defeated. SO lets see what happens.

I agree with everything you said. However Guerrero did drop Berto twice I think in the opening if the fight. But Berto definitely shut Guerrero's eyes too. I can't see Ghost dropping fliyd or winning against Floyd. It WILL be an ugly fight for sure though.
Marcus
QUOTE (KOpower @ Feb 19 2013, 10:10 PM) *
This is good news as it also frees up HBO to make other meaningful fights. I also hope Mayweather fights more often. I care far more about who Mayweather fights. RG is only "meh". It will do. I like RG's style, just not his ability in a Mayweather fight. Canelo is obviously next and I think that happens whether or not he wins or loses. I think that is an interesting fight unless Canelo looks really average against Trout. Then you have the big names...Sergio Martinez, Manny Pacquaio, and Adrien Broner. Those are the 3 guys I want to see Mayweather in the ring with in 2014 and 2015. I have NO interest in seeing Floyd waste the last few years of his career against guys like Berto, Garcia, or Alexander. Go for the big challenges, Floyd. It's those big challenges that will ultimately decide your legacy.

Broner and his Trainer both said a Fight with Floyd will never happen.
KOpower
Money changes everything. In 2 or 3 years, there is a chance.
KOpower
BTW, I don't understand why Broner would be so submissive towards Mayweather. It's not like they are brothers. Do they even have a real relationship? Broner shouldn't worry about Mayweather now, but don't rule it out. That should be the guy Broner targets to beat in the future. Admire the heck out of him, study his tape, but don't back down.
Cshel86
QUOTE (Dolimite @ Feb 19 2013, 07:35 PM) *
Dude did you just shit on Floyd and compliment at the same time? His fans are excited and it was a great move to jump ship from HBO to showtime. I don't get people sometimes, Floyd in no way is perfect but business wise this dude just pulled a Royal Flush out from no where. Come on man, enjoy this shit don't be a debbie downer. In your world what would you want Floyd to do to satisfy your high ass standards? Man... He inked a 6 fight deal within 30 months, what more can you want? Come on Chsels come on,

Is that you, Floyd?

I'm not being a debbie downer, I was more so addressing Floyd's fan, not Floyd himself. You're just too blind and excited to see what I was saying.

All you ever do is get on here and spew some of the same verbatim nonsense that Floyd says, as if you're trying to get recruited to the Money Team or something. Chill out with the whole Floyd hero complex you got going on...its almost like you're this dude's PR or public defender. Chill out

PS: Stop spelling my screen name wrong, as if it isn't right there in front of you while you're posting...now THAT would satisfy my standards. cool.gif

QUOTE (daprofessor @ Feb 19 2013, 08:18 PM) *
wtf!? someone notify cshel that his account has been hacked!!!

clear giveaway...we're discussing guerrero and he's criticizing floyd and his fans! laugh.gif

laugh.gif

I had to put a little twist to it. Some of these guys act like Floyd invented the light bulb, or sliced bread or something. He just added another feather in his cap, in regards to boxing history and bank account.

QUOTE (daprofessor @ Feb 19 2013, 08:22 PM) *
yeah...more proof! someone hacked cshel's account. sad.gif

totally agree with the highlighted. it puts more pressure on floyd...and relieves guerrero to focus on the task at hand.

Honestly, Guerrero cant afford to focus on anything other than the task at hand. He'll have enough obstacles as it, packed weigh-ins, photo shoots, extreme promotional obligations, etc...things that he WONT be able to away from.

Im sure he's used to a fight being signed, doing a few interviews, training, and fighting without this many people noticing. The second he gets caught up in Floyd's "the lights are too big for him" tactics, he'll have that much heavier lifting to do.

Floyd made a HUGE business move, but also gave Robert a chance to be overlooked, which could play into Robert's hand. I'm Robert could give a shit about any of this...money is on his mind at the moment. Lol
Jack 1000
QUOTE (Marcus @ Feb 19 2013, 07:48 PM) *
This will replicate Mayweather-Hatton. The only thing I feel is that Guerrero will get hit often. Berto wasn't the only one with a closed eye in that Berto-Guerrero fight. I don't think Floyd's lost much of a step as far as the Cotto fight goes like people claim. People forget Floyd didn't fight just ANYBODY Floyd fought Miguel Cotto. That fight was never supposed to be easy no matter if it happened in 2012 or 2005. For some reason I feel like Floyd has developed more power. Cotto was coming but Floyd was walking him down round 12. This will be an ugly fight. Guerrero will fight on the inside but I think Floyd will come out victories. I give Guerrero 3 rounds 4 max.

That's what I am thinking as well. Unofficially, he might take five rounds from haters who want to see him lose. No more than four rounds officially. (And this is coming from a Floyd hater-as a person.) Floyd the businessman is fucking brilliant along with his advisers in this landmark deal. Floyd the fighter, his legs may not be what they were, but I he's still a sharp-shooter with the defense, pivoting, and master of the shoulder roll.

Yes, Floyd may get dropped. I mean others have dropped Floyd. I could see "The Ghost" charging in and getting swelled up and busted up. He's not gonna "Play Nice" like "I'm not supposed to hurt Floyd, just get a payday and go through the motions-" Mosley. or "I'm sorry I butted you Floyd, let's kiss and make up like Oscar might do" Ortiz. LOL! In fact Guerrero might be told to fight dirty to take Floyd out of his game plan. Remember that Floyd can and will likely retaliate. Robert's only chance to win is a mauling brawling style, maybe at about 30%. Floyd running into a power bomb. However, 70% says this is a tough, sloppy mauling brawling fight (still think this is Hatton II.) that Robert WILL make exciting for however long it lasts. BUT he will pay a heavy price and have to deal with some adverse moments while being entertaining. I think the poor-man's Castillo for Guerrero is a great way to describe Robert Guerrero. Tough like Castillo, but doesn't have the experience of being through hell and back like Castillo was against Corrales. We will see how good Robert can deal with adversity. He's got heart and balls, or so it appears going into this fight. Will his face hold up against Floyd?

Jack

Dolimite
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Feb 19 2013, 08:54 PM) *
Is that you, Floyd?

I'm not being a debbie downer, I was more so addressing Floyd's fan, not Floyd himself. You're just too blind and excited to see what I was saying.

All you ever do is get on here and spew some of the same verbatim nonsense that Floyd says, as if you're trying to get recruited to the Money Team or something. Chill out with the whole Floyd hero complex you got going on...its almost like you're this dude's PR or public defender. Chill out

PS: Stop spelling my screen name wrong, as if it isn't right there in front of you while you're posting...now THAT would satisfy my standards. cool.gif

laugh.gif

I had to put a little twist to it. Some of these guys act like Floyd invented the light bulb, or sliced bread or something. He just added another feather in his cap, in regards to boxing history and bank account.

Honestly, Guerrero cant afford to focus on anything other than the task at hand. He'll have enough obstacles as it, packed weigh-ins, photo shoots, extreme promotional obligations, etc...things that he WONT be able to away from.

Im sure he's used to a fight being signed, doing a few interviews, training, and fighting without this many people noticing. The second he gets caught up in Floyd's "the lights are too big for him" tactics, he'll have that much heavier lifting to do.

Floyd made a HUGE business move, but also gave Robert a chance to be overlooked, which could play into Robert's hand. I'm Robert could give a shit about any of this...money is on his mind at the moment. Lol

No dude, I am not on anyone's payroll but I can say that I am a fan and I do not apologize for it. You can be a dick about everything he does, you have a pious attitude towards certain boxers and their fans. Who do you think pushes the sport? If every boxing fan was like your tight ass the sport would be dead. And you say you can give a shit about this but yet you were the main one bitching about Floyd making you wait to officially announce that he was fighting Robert Guerrero. Stop acting like a stuck up bitch and just be a damn fight fan. No one said Floyd invented anything, but respect the man's hustle and work. American fans are the worse. They are so quick to crap on any athlete because they do not cater to their standards. While you were complaining about Floyd taking forever and a decade to announce this fight he was closing a big contract with Showtime to fight for at least 6 times so fans like you can continue to bitch and complain about what he doesn't do. Again, be thankful is all I am saying. You are too critical. We have enough Skip Baylesses and other loud mouth know it all sports critics. All I am saying is be a fan and not some cynical blow hard. Ali encountered the same problem (before you explode I am not comparing Ali and Floyd) no one appreciated his genius and what he gave to boxing until after he long retired. People were too busy calling him a loud mouth and making death threats to him. Now he is the most celebrated athlete. Fans should of appreciated him the way they do now when he was boxing. I am just tired of hearing "fans" always complain about something. Enjoy it is all I am saying CSHEL86 (happy?) And you keep saying Floyd is that you? If I was I am sure you would complain about how I'm posting on fighthype and not training.
Slumpage
Guerrero is a sucker for the straight right hand tho. Aydin couldn't miss him with it, and Berto managed to land a few choice ones on him too. Seemed like the Ghost's headmovement was not exactly elusive.

Also, in both those fights, I felt like he gassed a bit in the middle rounds. Maybe he just eased off to ensure he had something left in the tank, however it seemed to me like he really needed to. Now Floyd hardly ever gasses, in fact the most tired i've seen him look in his last like 5-6 fights was during the Cotto fight. I'm not sure Guererro is quite good enough to keep up that kind of pressure on Floyd. Plus Cotto can avoid a shot, Guerrero ate a lot from far less accurate punchers.

Dude has had 2 notable fights at 147lb, one against an untested Aydin (since lost to Karas) and the other against the over rated Berto. In both those bouts I saw enough flaws to pretty much write him off as a possible challenge to Floyd. I actually wanted to see him face Paulie 1st before stepping up to Floyd.

Still, dude has heart, chin and decent boxing ability. If Floyd is really rusty, then the Ghost can get an upset. Otherwise I'm in the segement of fans thinking this is gonna be mad one sided in Floyd's favour.
Cshel86
QUOTE (Dolimite @ Feb 20 2013, 08:58 AM) *
No dude, I am not on anyone's payroll but I can say that I am a fan and I do not apologize for it. You can be a dick about everything he does, you have a pious attitude towards certain boxers and their fans. Who do you think pushes the sport? If every boxing fan was like your tight ass the sport would be dead. And you say you can give a shit about this but yet you were the main one bitching about Floyd making you wait to officially announce that he was fighting Robert Guerrero. Stop acting like a stuck up bitch and just be a damn fight fan. No one said Floyd invented anything, but respect the man's hustle and work. American fans are the worse. They are so quick to crap on any athlete because they do not cater to their standards. While you were complaining about Floyd taking forever and a decade to announce this fight he was closing a big contract with Showtime to fight for at least 6 times so fans like you can continue to bitch and complain about what he doesn't do. Again, be thankful is all I am saying. You are too critical. We have enough Skip Baylesses and other loud mouth know it all sports critics. All I am saying is be a fan and not some cynical blow hard. Ali encountered the same problem (before you explode I am not comparing Ali and Floyd) no one appreciated his genius and what he gave to boxing until after he long retired. People were too busy calling him a loud mouth and making death threats to him. Now he is the most celebrated athlete. Fans should of appreciated him the way they do now when he was boxing. I am just tired of hearing "fans" always complain about something. Enjoy it is all I am saying CSHEL86 (happy?) And you keep saying Floyd is that you? If I was I am sure you would complain about how I'm posting on fighthype and not training.

If anybody knows my history around here...these type of exchanges typically dont go well...for the poster standing across from me. With that in mind, I digress on the nonsense and I'll actually try to make a point.

All I'm saying is, some of guys make it seem like this dude is the Second Coming of Christ, and he does nothing wrong. Trust me, I wasn't on my head to hear this Robert Guerrero announcement, I was more so upset because dude just started his "make 'em wait" circus, while all of these other fights were getting cancelled/postponed. Hell, I just wanna watch boxing.

"Fans" like me, enjoy all of the surrounding fights of the sport, not just when two men fight twice a year, or the other one fights every lunar eclipse. It's "fans" like you, that make me not like the guy. Well, you're not completely a pro-Floyd fan, I have seen you discuss other fights and fighters, so I cant plant that on you. ("fan" comments below do not apply to you)

When I start seeing guys posting about these other fights on the weekend, then I'll change my opinion of them. Otherwise, they can back away with all of the pro-Floyd, "Floyd said this", "Floyd said that", blah, blah, blah. They can even stop with all of the "+1" when you seem to have put me in my place so to speak. Lol

It's funny how (when cornered) those same guys will point the finger at others who actually put time into posting their thoughts, predictions, fantasy fights, etc. and say that "they don't have a life" and so on, but as soon as one guy (Floyd) does as much as cuts a fart, dudes suddenly take time out of their "oh so busy" lives, and post their every thought about him, and how he's the greatest and blah, blah, blah.

Since we are talking about how fans "push" the sport, I will avidly stand up and thank EVERYONE who CONSISTENTLY puts their time and thoughts into this forum, otherwise, it would be DEAD, as you mentioned that boxing would be dead without fans. See how that works?

Believe it or not Dolimite, I truly appreciate your contributions around here (yes, I do have a sensitive side), but don't come out of the wood works and try to correct me on my opinion when I clearly didn't aim anything towards you, it makes you look like one of those "fans" that I spoke of.

Traffic around here (when it comes to new Floyd headlines) is like people gawking at wreck on the freeway. The regular commuters just want to keep traffic at a smooth pace, but others just wanna slow up the flow by rubbernecking at the accident (in comparison to Floyd's fights). As soon as everyone's got their look in, traffic suddenly begins to run smooth again...which becomes a pain the ass for those who are simply trying to fulfill their daily commute. laugh.gif

Slumpage
offtopic.gif

As you can see by my Sig etc.. The boxer I am a fan of, done fucked up!

Signed to SMS promo's which jus resulted in some mad embarrassing rap entrance from 50 cent. (was actually worse than Broner's)

Then the PED scandal done popped off... Was almost off the radar, then Broner reminded everyone, lmao!

I say this as an explanation of my absence... I was sad... cray.gif
Cshel86
QUOTE (Slumpage @ Feb 20 2013, 10:25 AM) *
offtopic.gif

Signed to SMS promo's which jus resulted in some mad embarrassing rap entrance from 50 cent. (was actually worse than Broner's)

Then the PED scandal done popped off... Was almost off the radar, then Broner reminded everyone, lmao!

My condolences Slump. laugh.gif

You and Gamboa have been quite absent lately. Lol
Slumpage
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Feb 20 2013, 10:42 AM) *
My condolences Slump. laugh.gif

You and Gamboa have been quite absent lately. Lol

I'm still hurting man, still hurting...

Decided tho, since Yuri's past tests have all been urine, then he aint gonna get nabbed on some retested sample. Sooo.. As long as he is cool to do stricter testing in future, (which any smart opponent would demand really) then i'm gonna make up a bait excuse for him and move on.. thumbsup_anim.gif

The one I been rolling out recently is that Yuri was unaware that he was on PEDs, just like Shane said he was during Balco days.. rolleyes_anim.gif

I'm pissed because I wanted to see that Broner fight, and now Adrian has an excuse to dismiss the fight. "Clean ur piss", erm Adrian, you could just say he has to do "Floyd testing" before he faces you. I mean, does anyone think Burns is better than Gamboa? Obviously I don't, lol!
Dolimite
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Feb 20 2013, 08:13 AM) *
If anybody knows my history around here...these type of exchanges typically dont go well...for the poster standing across from me. With that in mind, I digress on the nonsense and I'll actually try to make a point.

All I'm saying is, some of guys make it seem like this dude is the Second Coming of Christ, and he does nothing wrong. Trust me, I wasn't on my head to hear this Robert Guerrero announcement, I was more so upset because dude just started his "make 'em wait" circus, while all of these other fights were getting cancelled/postponed. Hell, I just wanna watch boxing.

"Fans" like me, enjoy all of the surrounding fights of the sport, not just when two men fight twice a year, or the other one fights every lunar eclipse. It's "fans" like you, that make me not like the guy. Well, you're not completely a pro-Floyd fan, I have seen you discuss other fights and fighters, so I cant plant that on you. ("fan" comments below do not apply to you)

When I start seeing guys posting about these other fights on the weekend, then I'll change my opinion of them. Otherwise, they can back away with all of the pro-Floyd, "Floyd said this", "Floyd said that", blah, blah, blah. They can even stop with all of the "+1" when you seem to have put me in my place so to speak. Lol

It's funny how (when cornered) those same guys will point the finger at others who actually put time into posting their thoughts, predictions, fantasy fights, etc. and say that "they don't have a life" and so on, but as soon as one guy (Floyd) does as much as cuts a fart, dudes suddenly take time out of their "oh so busy" lives, and post their every thought about him, and how he's the greatest and blah, blah, blah.

Since we are talking about how fans "push" the sport, I will avidly stand up and thank EVERYONE who CONSISTENTLY puts their time and thoughts into this forum, otherwise, it would be DEAD, as you mentioned that boxing would be dead without fans. See how that works?

Believe it or not Dolimite, I truly appreciate your contributions around here (yes, I do have a sensitive side), but don't come out of the wood works and try to correct me on my opinion when I clearly didn't aim anything towards you, it makes you look like one of those "fans" that I spoke of.

Traffic around here (when it comes to new Floyd headlines) is like people gawking at wreck on the freeway. The regular commuters just want to keep traffic at a smooth pace, but others just wanna slow up the flow by rubbernecking at the accident (in comparison to Floyd's fights). As soon as everyone's got their look in, traffic suddenly begins to run smooth again...which becomes a pain the ass for those who are simply trying to fulfill their daily commute. laugh.gif

Respect. drinks.gif

I don't think Floyd is the second coming of anything but I do respect his game. He has screwed up many times and I still think he is a dick how he talked to his dad. I can't speak on his issues with his child's mother because I understand that things aren't always what they appear. I will say this there are Floyd nuthuggers who feel he is the savior of boxing I do not feel that especially with the young talents that are coming out. I believe that the Charlo twins will be better than Broner. They are level headed and so mature in the ring. Sorry about the rant but sometimes I want some positivity from all boxing fans. There is so much we can complain about but man we have something to at least celebrate, I don't see this card being canceled anytime soon. Alvarez is even taking on a real 154 fighter. Plus we have Holt and Peterson fight on ESPN and Smith and K9 on Saturday. It is a week for boxing. I already have my fight food menu for May 4th! La Fin Du Mode will be on ice as well as Tacate (Cinco De Mayo Tradition). Viva deportes boxeo! My Spanish is terrible lol.
Franchize
I agree with daprofessor regarding Guerrero's potential to utilize what Cotto did and duplicate it with better accuracy and a better chin. However, I think what makes Floyd great is, while you're looking for his faults, he's already found them himself. So essentially, you have to capitalize on his faults before he reinvents himself. When a guy fights once or twice a year, and is the best in the game (maybe Ward too) at making adjustments, it's kind of hard to be 2 steps ahead. How often have we seen the press conference where Floyd says "I already know he's coming in with idea that he's going to try to do _____" and his opponent look like "oh shit...that's exactly what I had in mind." He did it with Oscar. He did it with Ortiz. He did it with Shane. He did it with Hatton.

Floyd is no God. He CAN be beaten but the requirements for beating him are not only difficult, but you have to figure them out before he does, because he knows how to fix his own mistake better than anyone in the business.
daprofessor
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Feb 19 2013, 10:54 PM) *
Is that you, Floyd?

laugh.gif

i think if i'm guerrero....i don't honor every promotional obligation. also...i would limit the access of showtime 360. they definitely don't get to see any sparring footage for any thing that would reveal strategy/game plan. the pressure is on floyd....but if he has shown us anything...it's that he handles pressure extremely well.
daprofessor
QUOTE (Jack 1000 @ Feb 19 2013, 11:44 PM) *
That's what I am thinking as well. Unofficially, he might take five rounds from haters who want to see him lose. No more than four rounds officially. (And this is coming from a Floyd hater-as a person.) Floyd the businessman is fucking brilliant along with his advisers in this landmark deal. Floyd the fighter, his legs may not be what they were, but I he's still a sharp-shooter with the defense, pivoting, and master of the shoulder roll.

Yes, Floyd may get dropped. I mean others have dropped Floyd. I could see "The Ghost" charging in and getting swelled up and busted up. He's not gonna "Play Nice" like "I'm not supposed to hurt Floyd, just get a payday and go through the motions-" Mosley. or "I'm sorry I butted you Floyd, let's kiss and make up like Oscar might do" Ortiz. LOL! In fact Guerrero might be told to fight dirty to take Floyd out of his game plan. Remember that Floyd can and will likely retaliate. Robert's only chance to win is a mauling brawling style, maybe at about 30%. Floyd running into a power bomb. However, 70% says this is a tough, sloppy mauling brawling fight (still think this is Hatton II.) that Robert WILL make exciting for however long it lasts. BUT he will pay a heavy price and have to deal with some adverse moments while being entertaining. I think the poor-man's Castillo for Guerrero is a great way to describe Robert Guerrero. Tough like Castillo, but doesn't have the experience of being through hell and back like Castillo was against Corrales. We will see how good Robert can deal with adversity. He's got heart and balls, or so it appears going into this fight. Will his face hold up against Floyd?

Jack

i don't get the comparisons to hatton or castillo. you guys are selling guerrero short. he has more elements to his style and i believe he's a sharper puncher.....also, lets not forget that he is NOT fighting the same floyd that castillo or hatton fought. he's fighting a 30 something year old floyd who is coming off a long lay off....the worst performance of his career....and way too many push ups during his prison stint. the pressure is on floyd....guerrero has been gunning for this moment because he knows he has what it takes to exploit some of floyds tendencies. guerrero will have far more success than castillo and hatton combined. i'm not a floyd hater at all. i love the mans style and i believe he's probably the most skilled boxer we have ever seen in the ring. his accomplishments, or lack thereof. are a different story.
daprofessor
QUOTE (Franchize @ Feb 20 2013, 11:43 AM) *
I agree with daprofessor regarding Guerrero's potential to utilize what Cotto did and duplicate it with better accuracy and a better chin. However, I think what makes Floyd great is, while you're looking for his faults, he's already found them himself. So essentially, you have to capitalize on his faults before he reinvents himself. When a guy fights once or twice a year, and is the best in the game (maybe Ward too) at making adjustments, it's kind of hard to be 2 steps ahead. How often have we seen the press conference where Floyd says "I already know he's coming in with idea that he's going to try to do _____" and his opponent look like "oh shit...that's exactly what I had in mind." He did it with Oscar. He did it with Ortiz. He did it with Shane. He did it with Hatton.

Floyd is no God. He CAN be beaten but the requirements for beating him are not only difficult, but you have to figure them out before he does, because he knows how to fix his own mistake better than anyone in the business.

i hear what you are saying. i will say that this fight is basically going to come down to guerreros commitment to the body work....and if he can avoid or take the counter upper cuts and rights he's going to catch trying to get to that body. i believe he's going to pack his lunch and go to work. floyd is going to have to work harder than we've ever seen him work because of his advanced age and lack of mobility these days. it's going to be interesting and i really want to see it play out.
Cshel86
QUOTE (daprofessor @ Feb 20 2013, 01:24 PM) *
i think if i'm guerrero....i don't honor every promotional obligation. also...i would limit the access of showtime 360. they definitely don't get to see any sparring footage for any thing that would reveal strategy/game plan. the pressure is on floyd....but if he has shown us anything...it's that he handles pressure extremely well.

Can they even do that? Opt not to go through with certain promotional obligations? You'd think that Robert would suck up as much of the media attention as he could, but he strikes me as a guy who wants to the victory to speak for itself. This situation is somewhat of a seesaw for him, or a catch-22 if you would.

Either way, the fight is still happening, so I guess that's all that matter to Robert.
Dolimite
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Feb 20 2013, 12:10 PM) *
Can they even do that? Opt not to go through with certain promotional obligations? You'd think that Robert would suck up as much of the media attention as he could, but he strikes me as a guy who wants to the victory to speak for itself. This situation is somewhat of a seesaw for him, or a catch-22 if you would.

Either way, the fight is still happening, so I guess that's all that matter to Robert.

If Robert shuns the media and skips out on promotional obligations you do realize that the bad guy image will be passed to Robert. Mayweather will be actually cheered in this fight. Which is an odd place to be since Mayweather has built his career on being the bad guy. So maybe more tables will turn. Perhaps another twist to the fight is that maybe Floyd is tired of playing the bad guy and he now wants to be adored. Just like in wrestling when the long time bad guy becomes good, the guy watches wrestling for a reason. Floyd may even come across humble in the series Fight Camp 360. He has his dad, that is a story within itself, his uncle is ailing that can be another sympathetic push in Floyd's direction. This should be interesting. Guerrero can actually come out to be the cocky jerk out the two. Wow.

The real loser in this whole thing isn't HBO, it is 50 cent. Usually he would have said 60 quotes by now along with a full three page interview about how he and Floyd are taking over boxing. He and his lone fighter are in a very sad state. Do not bite the hand that has been feeding you. Plus Floyd Sr. stopped training fighters from 50's camp to work with Floyd. SOmeone feels stupid!
Jack 1000
QUOTE (daprofessor @ Feb 20 2013, 12:32 PM) *
i don't get the comparisons to hatton or castillo. you guys are selling guerrero short. he has more elements to his style and i believe he's a sharper puncher.....also, lets not forget that he is NOT fighting the same floyd that castillo or hatton fought. he's fighting a 30 something year old floyd who is coming off a long lay off....the worst performance of his career....and way too many push ups during his prison stint. the pressure is on floyd....guerrero has been gunning for this moment because he knows he has what it takes to exploit some of floyds tendencies. guerrero will have far more success than castillo and hatton combined. i'm not a floyd hater at all. i love the mans style and i believe he's probably the most skilled boxer we have ever seen in the ring. his accomplishments, or lack thereof. are a different story.

I agree that Floyd's layoff may neutralize the advantages he might have had over Guerrero. For Floyd, had he not been layed off from being in prison and the inactivity. However, I still expect THE TYPE of fight that I posted about previously. If Floyd doesn't have it anymore, The Ghost has a good chance of an upset, maybe even higher than the 30% I have him to win. I am surprised that Floyd picked the Ghost for his first fight back!

Jack
mgrover
if floyd loses all were going to hear is that he was too old, if he wins, robert was a nobody. seems like nobodies getting there credit that night
daprofessor
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Feb 20 2013, 02:10 PM) *

it wouldn't be the first time it's happened. i recall zab using media obligations as an excuse for his loss to baldomir. i've also seen guys shun press conferences and what not. the fights still went on. it wouldn't be the first time.
daprofessor
QUOTE (Dolimite @ Feb 20 2013, 02:29 PM) *
If Robert shuns the media and skips out on promotional obligations you do realize that the bad guy image will be passed to Robert. Mayweather will be actually cheered in this fight. Which is an odd place to be since Mayweather has built his career on being the bad guy. So maybe more tables will turn. Perhaps another twist to the fight is that maybe Floyd is tired of playing the bad guy and he now wants to be adored. Just like in wrestling when the long time bad guy becomes good, the guy watches wrestling for a reason. Floyd may even come across humble in the series Fight Camp 360. He has his dad, that is a story within itself, his uncle is ailing that can be another sympathetic push in Floyd's direction. This should be interesting. Guerrero can actually come out to be the cocky jerk out the two. Wow.

The real loser in this whole thing isn't HBO, it is 50 cent. Usually he would have said 60 quotes by now along with a full three page interview about how he and Floyd are taking over boxing. He and his lone fighter are in a very sad state. Do not bite the hand that has been feeding you. Plus Floyd Sr. stopped training fighters from 50's camp to work with Floyd. SOmeone feels stupid!

it's going to be almost impossible for floyd to switch over to the good guy now. it would take something drastic for that to happen. i don't think guerrero skipping some media obligations would do the trick. best believe floyd wants to be adored. i think he's got more growing up to do. he's going to fall right back into that bad guy spot. the whole underlying story lines and stuff...this is starting to sound like wrestling now. laugh.gif

for 50 cent to be a loser in boxing....he would have had to be a winner to begin with. he's never been anything more than a side kick in boxing. i've seen ppl with a lot of money to blow try to find their way in boxing and still not make it. i can't see him being any different. gimmicks don't work in boxing.

daprofessor
QUOTE (Jack 1000 @ Feb 20 2013, 04:54 PM) *
I agree that Floyd's layoff may neutralize the advantages he might have had over Guerrero. For Floyd, had he not been layed off from being in prison and the inactivity. However, I still expect THE TYPE of fight that I posted about previously. If Floyd doesn't have it anymore, The Ghost has a good chance of an upset, maybe even higher than the 30% I have him to win. I am surprised that Floyd picked the Ghost for his first fight back!

Jack

i'm surprise floyd sr allowed it.
neophyte7
Sr is not worried. Expect Sr and Jr to dominate Guerrero.. He struggled with Berto and had to get dirty to win clearly.. All he has is a foul play chance of hurting Floyd but people undererestimate Floyd's toughness----
BigFightFan
QUOTE (Slumpage @ Feb 20 2013, 10:25 AM) *
offtopic.gif

You can't get any worse than Bronners entrance lol! Lets give SMS atleast another year before we call it a bust.
Chucknice12
QUOTE (scdrking2 @ Feb 19 2013, 08:12 PM) *
Rewatching the Berto Guerrero fight. Unless he gets the same useless ref, half the stuff he did wont fly. And Floyd moves way better and is way more crafty than Berto. Guerrero may end up getting check hooked like Ricky Hatton.

If you watch the Fight with Berto again. U will see that most of the things Guerrero did will be penalized. That ref was terrible, way to much holding and hitting after the bell almost every round. If he tries that against Floyd in Vegas than u see the same thing that happen to Amir khan in the Peterson fight. Points WILL be taken and that will be It for Guerrero. His bully style of fighting will be nullified.
checkleft
QUOTE (daprofessor @ Feb 20 2013, 02:32 PM) *

I don't think people are selling guerrero short at all. I believe people are giving him WAY too much credit, he's an extremely dirty fighter with a very shady flip flop good guy hardcore christian wanna be gangster attitude and crew. His performances against very limited opposition were underwelming even coming off the layoff. Soto karass accomplished the exact same thing guerrero did against aydin, so does he deserve a shot at Floyd too? And the only things he did against berto is fight even dirtier. And its nothing new, he has been like this since I saw him fight katsidids. I have zero respect for his style and very little for his demeanor.

But you are completely right about Floyd. People are putting a lot of stock into floyds former skills, he has come from a long layoff a jail stint and a different physique due to the excersise he was limited to in jail. Not only that but he is a year older. I would not be surprised if Floyd is slower, rusty, a little awkward, or even hurt in what I can only expect to be a very sloppy up close and personal fight unless there is a very active ref in there.

And I wouldn't be surprised as some mentioned if guerrero has some point deductions or is even dqd if hw resorts to his normal tactics.
daprofessor
QUOTE (checkleft @ Feb 21 2013, 02:09 AM) *
I don't think people are selling guerrero short at all. I believe people are giving him WAY too much credit, he's an extremely dirty fighter with a very shady flip flop good guy hardcore christian wanna be gangster attitude and crew. His performances against very limited opposition were underwelming even coming off the layoff. Soto karass accomplished the exact same thing guerrero did against aydin, so does he deserve a shot at Floyd too? And the only things he did against berto is fight even dirtier. And its nothing new, he has been like this since I saw him fight katsidids. I have zero respect for his style and very little for his demeanor.

But you are completely right about Floyd. People are putting a lot of stock into floyds former skills, he has come from a long layoff a jail stint and a different physique due to the excersise he was limited to in jail. Not only that but he is a year older. I would not be surprised if Floyd is slower, rusty, a little awkward, or even hurt in what I can only expect to be a very sloppy up close and personal fight unless there is a very active ref in there.

And I wouldn't be surprised as some mentioned if guerrero has some point deductions or is even dqd if hw resorts to his normal tactics.

i can't put soto-karass' win on the same level as guerrero because guerrero accomplished it first. plus...i didn't see the fight. laugh.gif big difference between guerrero and soto-karass is that guerrero is coming off a nice little string of wins with great momentum in his favor.

i agree...he can be dirty and he is tough. that is precisely why i believe he's going to make things difficult for floyd. the thing about it....i don't care if you are the best ever....you cannot have these looooong breaks and expect to maintain your skill level and sharpness.

a closer look at floyds last three performances are a bit revealing in my mind. each fight was less impressive than the last. each fight floyd was getting touched. mosley was coming off more than a year layoff. ortiz has never really been intelligent, but he did rock floyd prior to the headbutt. cotto was able to land the most. i think at this point....guerrero is a sharper puncher than all three of those guys. he's capable of making adjustments and only cotto is the more intelligent fighter imo. the thing i like about guerrero more than cotto at this point is that he will stay on the body. that is what is going to separate him from floyds last 3 opponents.

add to that...yeah....he's going back to working with his pops...that's a transition as well. they haven't worked together in years. because they have history and sr started him out...they will get back, i'm sure. but consider this....floyd sr is more defensive minded. if floyd jr sits back more on defense than he normally does...guerrero can steal some rounds with activity. all of this spells mediocre performance by floyd. showtime is going to be rethinking this big contract that they have committed to.

all the pressure is going to weigh on floyd come fight night. pac getting ko'd....having to live up to this contract....the switch to showtime....the switch to his pops. a lot is at stake here....and everyone is expecting guerrero to lose. meanwhile....guerrero is in the fight of his life. this has worked out just the way he planned. his belief, however twisted it may be...is what's guiding him. he's going to be pumped for the situation with pretty much nothing to lose and everything to gain.

good ref or not...the damage is going to be done and floyd is going to feel the effects. will it break him down? we know the crowd is going to be predominantly mexican in vegas. will the ref succumb to the boos and jeers of the people when they prefer to see guerrero rough housing to get the win? will golden boy really have floyds best interest in mind? somewhere in there...there has to be some resentment from oscar. how does that play into the selection of officials?

checkleft
QUOTE (daprofessor @ Feb 21 2013, 03:53 PM) *
i can't put soto-karass' win on the same level as guerrero because guerrero accomplished it first. plus...i didn't see the fight. laugh.gif big difference between guerrero and soto-karass is that guerrero is coming off a nice little string of wins with great momentum in his favor.

i agree...he can be dirty and he is tough. that is precisely why i believe he's going to make things difficult for floyd. the thing about it....i don't care if you are the best ever....you cannot have these looooong breaks and expect to maintain your skill level and sharpness.

a closer look at floyds last three performances are a bit revealing in my mind. each fight was less impressive than the last. each fight floyd was getting touched. mosley was coming off more than a year layoff. ortiz has never really been intelligent, but he did rock floyd prior to the headbutt. cotto was able to land the most. i think at this point....guerrero is a sharper puncher than all three of those guys. he's capable of making adjustments and only cotto is the more intelligent fighter imo. the thing i like about guerrero more than cotto at this point is that he will stay on the body. that is what is going to separate him from floyds last 3 opponents.

add to that...yeah....he's going back to working with his pops...that's a transition as well. they haven't worked together in years. because they have history and sr started him out...they will get back, i'm sure. but consider this....floyd sr is more defensive minded. if floyd jr sits back more on defense than he normally does...guerrero can steal some rounds with activity. all of this spells mediocre performance by floyd. showtime is going to be rethinking this big contract that they have committed to.

all the pressure is going to weigh on floyd come fight night. pac getting ko'd....having to live up to this contract....the switch to showtime....the switch to his pops. a lot is at stake here....and everyone is expecting guerrero to lose. meanwhile....guerrero is in the fight of his life. this has worked out just the way he planned. his belief, however twisted it may be...is what's guiding him. he's going to be pumped for the situation with pretty much nothing to lose and everything to gain.

good ref or not...the damage is going to be done and floyd is going to feel the effects. will it break him down? we know the crowd is going to be predominantly mexican in vegas. will the ref succumb to the boos and jeers of the people when they prefer to see guerrero rough housing to get the win? will golden boy really have floyds best interest in mind? somewhere in there...there has to be some resentment from oscar. how does that play into the selection of officials?

I completely agree with you about floyd. And I totally didn't even take into account that his father is training him now earlier.

But I do think golden boy will definitely have floyds best interest in mind, if guerrero wins its a ton of money out of their pockets for a potential Canelo match. I expect the ref to side with Floyd every time but the ref isn't gonna catch everything. But if Floyd is even as Sharp as he wasn't in the cotto fight it wont be a factor, I see that Floyd beating guerrero as well.
daprofessor
QUOTE (checkleft @ Feb 21 2013, 05:04 PM) *
I completely agree with you about floyd. And I totally didn't even take into account that his father is training him now earlier.

But I do think golden boy will definitely have floyds best interest in mind, if guerrero wins its a ton of money out of their pockets for a potential Canelo match. I expect the ref to side with Floyd every time but the ref isn't gonna catch everything. But if Floyd is even as Sharp as he wasn't in the cotto fight it wont be a factor, I see that Floyd beating guerrero as well.

i think they make a ton of money on canelo no matter who he fights. mayweather, on the other hand... comes at a very high cost and gbp is just along for the ride. i've seen gbp get it wrong on too many occasions more than they get it right. laugh.gif let's see how it plays out.
Jack 1000
Article from Yahoo Sports on details of "Floyd's Deal."

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/mayweather-si...23881--box.html

Jack
mrchitown
I say Floyd wins a UD here. I don't think Guerrero has the same pop he did at the lower weights and as I said before the 2 fights he had at 147 aint shit. Who the hell knew Aydin before that fight, and Berto had an identity crisis. This is the shit his backers want to sell to me as a potential spoil for Mayweather. I only see Martinez and Canelo as potential conquerors of Floyd. He gets hit with silly shots and though he rocked Berto, he was rocked himself. He makes amateurish mistakes and that dirty boxing style won't work against someone with ring smarts

The biggest reason I see Floyd winning is his Boxing IQ, even Guerrero alluded to it today in an interview with boxingscene. He's in over his head. I'll let the people who have faith in this big eared holy roller champion his performances, but May 4th he will be the one getting humbled because he will realize he's not as good as he thought he was..and hopefully he goes back to obscurity.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.