Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: ESPN2@6PM(PT)/9PM(ET)-Peterson vs Holt-SPOILERS
FightHype Community > BOXING HYPE > Boxing
Pages: 1, 2
Jack 1000
Due to the controversy surrounding Lamont Peterson, and the fact that his comeback fight with Kendell Holt is pretty big by ESPN standards, we will be having this preview thread for the fight pinned. Discuss all things related to Peterson, how he will fare in this fight, and any aspects of the controversy in this thread. On Friday Night, we will change the topic title to our customary Round By Round Spoiler thread so users can follow along and reflect on the future of Lamont's career.

Please note we normally do Showbox and ESPN fights in Weekend Wrap up threads, with only the PPV, HBO, or Showtime fights pinned. However, because this is a world title fight (IBF World Jr. Welterweight Championship) with such an electric atmosphere in Peterson's hometown with a very strong challenger in Holt, we will be treating this fight as if it were a PPV, HBO, or Showtime match. This is one of the biggest little fights to hit ESPN FNF in a long time so we are going to treat it as a big deal.

Same rules apply, no new spoiler threads or public streams. Post everything in this thread. Oh, if you are DVR'ing this card, add 30 to 60 minutes because there is a basketball game previous to the fight and doing so should avoid game overtime problems.

Jack

Administrator
Cshel86
Peterson hasn't been in the ring in 17 months, so the first thing I'm looking for, is ring rust. Holt on the other hand, has been a bit more active and coming off of shoulder surgery, so we'll have to wait and see how he performs.

Speaking of performance, isn't this for the IBF title? Yes it is! That only means that these dudes will fight their hardest, leaving no room for excuses or lull period during the fight.

I can imagine how Peterson will neglect his underrated jab and go for the gusto, which will play into Holt's hand when he counterpunches. I hate to sat this, but I have Holt by TKO in the mid round, more than likely, the 7th round.

He tends to slow down and wait for a guy to mess up, and since Peterson will most likely try to smother him with activity and keep it on the inside, Holt may just catch him in mid-punch or backing out of an exchange.

Lamont is my dude, but all Holt has left is a big punch, and Lamont is no stranger to getting hit with unnecessary shots. Holt will be the new champion, and his chamo status will resemble K-9's status...simply holding a belt, and delusionally waiting for a big money fight.

Speaking of K-9, why isn't his fight with Smith NOT on ESPN, and Holt/Peterson not on Showtime? Backwards, right?
Jack 1000
No local DC officals for this fight at all!

The ref is Tony Weeks from Nevada. The judges are from Connecticut and two from Florida with a lot of experience:

http://ringtv.craveonline.com/blog/177273-...r-peterson-holt

We probably won't have to hear a Teddy Atlas "National Commission" rant due to bad scoring! (Thank you!) This is good. No excuses and the playing field should be fair.

Jack
Jack 1000
Ring TV assessment and predictions on the fight:

http://ringtv.craveonline.com/blog/177321-peterson-holt

Jack
Cshel86
QUOTE (Jack 1000 @ Feb 21 2013, 12:58 PM) *
We probably won't have to hear a Teddy Atlas "National Commission" rant due to bad scoring! (Thank you!) This is good. No excuses and the playing field should be fair.

What would an episode of FNFs be, without a robbery and hearing Teddy lose his shit??? Those are the epic moments that I hope for! laugh.gif

I'm glad there aren't any local refs or officials! I'm wondering how much Weeks will let Peterson fight on the inside and keep his head in Holt's chest. I'm wondering if he took notes of the errors in the Khan fight, or is he going to shoot from the hip (which he does a pretty good job of).

PS: I f'd up and thought today was Friday! laugh.gif I'm lurking around for some weigh-in pics right now.
BigFightFan
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Feb 21 2013, 10:43 AM) *
Peterson hasn't been in the ring in 17 months, so the first thing I'm looking for, is ring rust. Holt on the other hand, has been a bit more active and coming off of shoulder surgery, so we'll have to wait and see how he performs.

Speaking of performance, isn't this for the IBF title? Yes it is! That only means that these dudes will fight their hardest, leaving no room for excuses or lull period during the fight.

I can imagine how Peterson will neglect his underrated jab and go for the gusto, which will play into Holt's hand when he counterpunches. I hate to sat this, but I have Holt by TKO in the mid round, more than likely, the 7th round.

He tends to slow down and wait for a guy to mess up, and since Peterson will most likely try to smother him with activity and keep it on the inside, Holt may just catch him in mid-punch or backing out of an exchange.

Lamont is my dude, but all Holt has left is a big punch, and Lamont is no stranger to getting hit with unnecessary shots. Holt will be the new champion, and his chamo status will resemble K-9's status...simply holding a belt, and delusionally waiting for a big money fight.

Speaking of K-9, why isn't his fight with Smith NOT on ESPN, and Holt/Peterson not on Showtime? Backwards, right?

The layoff is one thing, but I'm more concerned with how Peterson will perform without the elevated testosterone levels.:
checkleft
QUOTE (BigFightFan @ Feb 21 2013, 03:21 PM) *
The layoff is one thing, but I'm more concerned with how Peterson will perform without the elevated testosterone levels.:

Elevated? I thought he was cleared by a doctor because he had low testosterone? So technically he fought with normal testosterone.

But I have a feeling holt might catch lamont cold with his fast hands. But lamont has crazy resolve, this is definitely an interesting match up.
BigFightFan
QUOTE (checkleft @ Feb 21 2013, 06:59 PM) *
Elevated? I thought he was cleared by a doctor because he had low testosterone? So technically he fought with normal testosterone.

But I have a feeling holt might catch lamont cold with his fast hands. But lamont has crazy resolve, this is definitely an interesting match up.

I'm not well educated when it comes to drug testing, but I would assume that if his levels were elevated. If his level was normal why did he test positive? I'm not sure Peterson game plan is in most fights, but it always ends up with trying to outlast his opponent. I want make a pick in this one, I will just watch.
checkleft
QUOTE (BigFightFan @ Feb 22 2013, 07:29 AM) *
I'm not well educated when it comes to drug testing, but I would assume that if his levels were elevated. If his level was normal why did he test positive? I'm not sure Peterson game plan is in most fights, but it always ends up with trying to outlast his opponent. I want make a pick in this one, I will just watch.
I think he admitted it, I don't know if he was caught because of elevated testosterone. But don't quote me on that lol
Dolimite
I am super excited for this fight. I think Holt is going to pull it out. I believe Lamont might be mentally damaged from all the crap he was dragged through. Do I believe he was on PEDS? No. He doesn't fight that aggressive and he is not a knockout type of fighter so what would be the use in taking PEDs. I like holt by decision. I will say 8-4 decision
fightscoreollector
Please post them in here whether watching live tonight or sometime Saturday and i will add them to my fightscorecollector site (in the signature below).

Scores can also be sent though twitter to @thefightscore

cheers guys the main event should be a good one
BigFightFan
Keep me posted not the fight guys! The wife has other plans for me 2 night
Cshel86
QUOTE (BigFightFan @ Feb 22 2013, 09:12 PM) *
Keep me posted not the fight guys! The wife has other plans for me 2 night

laugh.gif

That'll be me one of these days!

Happy Birthday man!
Cshel86
Hernandez is 10-0-3...

3 draws??? C'mon dude.

Morales is sticking his jab early in the 1st.

Hernandez went down twice in the 1st round of a 4-round fight against a guy with 15 losses???
Cshel86
So far, Morales has one the first 2 rounds.

Fists are flying, but nobody seems to have that much pop.

Since Hernandez is the chinny one of the two, he could easily be on the canvas after getting caught in the middle of an exchange. Either that, or he'll get caught backing out of an exchange because he backs straight up with his hand lowering.
Cshel86
I gave round 3 to Hernandez

He landed a few notable shots, because Morales was being careless, as Teddy mentioned.
Cshel86
Morales put him down riiiight at the end of the 4th. Didn't look like he hurt him, maybe it was a balance shot, but he did go down.

Morales took the 4th round

10-8
Cshel86
2nd knockdown of the fight on a body shot....

....aaaaaand....its over. He couldn't get up.

Morales by TKO (body shot) in the 5th round.

He was throwing that same body shot throughout the fight, but it landed flush this time.
Cshel86
I rarely get excited for FNF main events, and I watch it weekly. Lol

Seriously, this fight should've been on Showtime, not ESPN.
mrchitown
Holt needs to get his head in the match. That was ridiculous what he did on the way to the ring
wolterb
its got more potential than the usual fnf main event for sure. im glad its on espn though lol
Cshel86
Holt looks strong as hell. I would say that this is the biggest puncher that Lamont's faced, but I forgot about the Ortiz fight.

I gave Holt the first round

He's pressing the action. I dont like Peterson's movement all that much, especially the dipping and stepping straight back. He got hit with a good right hand, and he seemed to take it well.

Holt has bad intentions tonight.
mrchitown
This is a nice 2nd round by both fighters
mrchitown
Holt is definitely bringing it so far, I hope as the fight progresses in the later rds that he stays the course
Cshel86
QUOTE (mrchitown @ Feb 22 2013, 10:18 PM) *
This is a nice 2nd round by both fighters

Agreed.

I hate those long layoffs for any fighter, its like you gotta wait to them get warmed up again. Im on the edge of the couch losing my shit. Lol
mrchitown
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Feb 22 2013, 09:20 PM) *
Agreed.

I hate those long layoffs for any fighter, its like you gotta wait to them get warmed up again. Im on the edge of the couch losing my shit. Lol

That is so true, because I look at Lamont and it looks like he sees something or he wants to get going but it's like he's stuck in mud. He better shake it off though because Holt wants that belt!
Cshel86
Looks as though Holts won the first 3 rounds, based of pressing the action. Lamont looks a bit hesitant of Holt's right hand, but who wouldn't be?

Lamont needs to step on the gas a bit, not too much this soon, but just a bit.
wolterb
jesus holt is chopping him up!
Cshel86
That left hook hurt Holt....he's on his bike.

Ladies and gents, the fight has began!
wolterb
oooo!
Cshel86
Holt's down in the 4th!!!
mrchitown
Peterson's cookin with gas now...damn.... KD for Lamont
Cshel86
Hahahahahahaha!!!

Holt straight folded in the 4th. I love Peterson! (no homo)

BigFightFan
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Feb 22 2013, 09:20 PM) *
laugh.gif

That'll be me one of these days!

Happy Birthday man!

Thanks Cshel! I see Peterson scored a KD
Cshel86
Holt;s just holding at the moment...

HURT.........

Kendall "Hurt"
mrchitown
I don't know if Holt will hold up. He needs to jab and move and keep Lamont off of him
mrchitown
Holt needs to get on that bike
Cshel86
Holt just cant pull it off....this may be it for Holt.

Dude just took a seat on the rope after that onslaught in the 6th.
Cshel86
QUOTE (mrchitown @ Feb 22 2013, 10:35 PM) *
Holt needs to get on that bike

A bike with no wheels Holt has...a bike with no wheels.
mrchitown
I love this fight!! It's going in 2 patterns...inside, Lamont is killing him and definitely doing some work up top and downstairs. But at a distance, Holt is actually giving a good account of himself and he'd be best served to keep the jab pumping and when Lamont gets close, he should slide and or tie up and get out of harm's way
Cshel86
QUOTE (BigFightFan @ Feb 22 2013, 10:30 PM) *
Thanks Cshel! I see Peterson scored a KD

Anytime man!

Peterson is beating the shit outta Holt...in spurts. He still needs to be careful when backing out of the exchange, but other than that, Holt packed in about 2 rounds ago. He's putting his punches together and trying to survive.
mrchitown
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Feb 22 2013, 09:36 PM) *
A bike with no wheels Holt has...a bike with no wheels.

Lamont stole the wheels
Cshel86
As Teddy was saying that Lamont should put Holt away, then came a BIG right hand and finishing combination to end it.

Peterson by TKO in the 8th
Cshel86
QUOTE (mrchitown @ Feb 22 2013, 10:41 PM) *
Lamont stole the wheels

Strong armed robbery-type shit!

laugh.gif
mrchitown
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Feb 22 2013, 09:45 PM) *
Strong armed robbery-type shit!

laugh.gif

Yeah he Debo'd Kendall. Like Smokey said "He gon cry in the car" LOL

Now I'm watching this ShoBox card and this dude came out to Rihanna and was crying, WTF LMAO
Cshel86
QUOTE (mrchitown @ Feb 22 2013, 11:16 PM) *
Yeah he Debo'd Kendall. Like Smokey said "He gon cry in the car" LOL

Now I'm watching this ShoBox card and this dude came out to Rihanna and was crying, WTF LMAO

That motherfucker had a permanent "cry" on his face. I think its safe to say that dude is just ugly though...I couldnt tell if he was crying or not. laugh.gif
Dolimite
Well I was wrong and I knew this fight would end the way I did not predict when Kendell decided to bark at the crowd. I was thinking he is wasting way too much energy and the dude is not focused. Oh well. Both guys came up the rough side of the mountain. I respect Peterson he came out took some shots early adjusted and finished very strong. Holt missed his window of opportunity early in the fight. Instead of really taking it to Peterson when he was showing ring rust he stepped back and let Peterson size him up and figure him out. Once Peterson started using his size and power it was all she wrote. Adrian Broner is starting to get on my freaking nerves. Kid actually said he should be the number 2 Pound for Pound. I love his skill set but he is really over playing his hand. He needs to just tone it down a notch.

Great fight for Peterson, he fought with heart and determination. I say he gets the winner between Zab and Swift. That would be an action packed fight. Outstanding job to bother fighters but this night belongs to Peterson. Welcome back! clapping.gif
mrchitown
QUOTE (Dolimite @ Feb 22 2013, 11:28 PM) *
Well I was wrong and I knew this fight would end the way I did not predict when Kendell decided to bark at the crowd. I was thinking he is wasting way too much energy and the dude is not focused. Oh well. Both guys came up the rough side of the mountain. I respect Peterson he came out took some shots early adjusted and finished very strong. Holt missed his window of opportunity early in the fight. Instead of really taking it to Peterson when he was showing ring rust he stepped back and let Peterson size him up and figure him out. Once Peterson started using his size and power it was all she wrote. Adrian Broner is starting to get on my freaking nerves. Kid actually said he should be the number 2 Pound for Pound. I love his skill set but he is really over playing his hand. He needs to just tone it down a notch.

Great fight for Peterson, he fought with heart and determination. I say he gets the winner between Zab and Swift. That would be an action packed fight. Outstanding job to bother fighters but this night belongs to Peterson. Welcome back! clapping.gif

Broner's mini interview was interesting. I've told as many people who will listen that after Mayweather retires that while Broner will get the attention and the headlines... Andre Ward will be the P4P best fighter. Broner would be #2. To me in this new era that's coming, it's Ward then their's everybody else
mrchitown
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Feb 22 2013, 10:28 PM) *
That motherfucker had a permanent "cry" on his face. I think its safe to say that dude is just ugly though...I couldnt tell if he was crying or not. laugh.gif

Hahaha I'm just glad I'm not the only one that saw that

As far as Peterson goes, I just read on the ring's website that Schaefer said he wants to make a Matthyse-Peterson fight and pair it with Alexander-Brook on May 18th in Washington, D.C.
checkleft
Lamont looked scary. Him and Lucas would be beaaast
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.