Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Showtime@9PM(ET)/6PM(PT)-Bundrange vs. Smith
FightHype Community > OTHER HYPE > Archives
Pages: 1, 2, 3
checkleft
QUOTE (mrchitown @ Feb 23 2013, 11:53 PM) *
No I don't think he could beat Molina but I hope them 2 don't fight because that would be like watching Devon Alexander shadow box lol

Hahaha. You guys are killing it, it Fucking comedy night in here or something?
Cshel86
QUOTE (bnoles4life @ Feb 24 2013, 12:37 AM) *
Naw, Shelly, that wasn't it....it referenced the Shoney's thread in there, but wasn't the actual thread.

Here it is...I edited the post, probably after you read it.

To my surprise, we talked about that shit more than once, but this is the official thread. lol

My bad.

cool.gif
mrchitown
QUOTE (checkleft @ Feb 23 2013, 11:43 PM) *

We're only working with what these fighters are giving us hahaha
The Original MrFactor
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Feb 23 2013, 11:34 PM) *
Great night of boxing...we got some technical rounds, rough rounds, dirty rounds, and a bunch of airtime from Floyd while Showtime does their pimp walk after the new deal.

Nice mash-up...kinda reminds me of an after-the-club morning at a Shoney's buffet.

Ahhhh. Memories of Shoney's late at night...

Mosely can get a belt at 154. He can beat Smith. Someone also mentioned Cotto... Yup, him too. Shit a guy like Bradley may be able to move up and pitter pat Smith to a decision. Pacquiao too... Ishe is suddenly a wanted man with crosshairs on his chest. Kudos to him for gutting it out. I'm happy for him and hope he makes the most of his title. He has always had potetntial. maybe the title will change some things in him...
Cshel86
QUOTE (checkleft @ Feb 24 2013, 12:43 AM) *

Man Chi and Noles are putting it all out there tonight, lol. Just another day in the office for us...especially the creep posts about a fighter's significant other. Hell, K-9's chick DOES need to be consoled in this time of career disaster for her husband...one at a time...me first. laugh.gif

QUOTE (The Original MrFactor @ Feb 24 2013, 01:05 AM) *

laugh.gif

Here we go!
Jack 1000
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Feb 23 2013, 10:34 PM) *
Great night of boxing...we got some technical rounds, rough rounds, dirty rounds, and a bunch of airtime from Floyd while Showtime does their pimp walk after the new deal.

Nice mash-up...kinda reminds me of an after-the-club morning at a Shoney's buffet.

Evenly matched good, but sloppy fight! It's like both of them had these little 10-15 punch hard shot spurts and each gassed and waited to reload. First fight was better, but I think those scorecards were pre-filled out against Findley like that. Ref was Sam Williams. (Bundrange-Smith.) He has done fights in Michigan for awhile. Frank Garza is the other big name for Michigan fight refs. I had it 7-4-1 for Smith. Or maybe 8-3-1, scored in my head. (Made the first round even cuz of the point deduction.)

Smith vs. Corey Spinks? "Battle of the Criers" "When it Rains....It Pours!" LOL! That could be the tag for that fight! hahahaha!

Jack
Dolimite
I know I am late with my response...late night

Showtime: Loved the energy from the announcers it seemed like everyone was hyped and excited to be there. When they called the fights they actually sounded like fans and not critics of the fighters. The energy was so much different than HBO. Watching HBO is like listening to three Simon Cowells. I always enjoy the Magic Man's commentary. Joe Cortez was even interesting. Good show from Showtime

Mayweather: Loved how he hyped up his fighters. He talked more about his fighters than he did his own fight. I did appreciate that. I have no idea what kind of instruction he was giving Love but it seemed to work. I really hope Roger gets better. It was also cool how he said his dad, Roger and Jeff would all be in his corner, outstanding! He showed maturity, he didn't have a lot of bling on he just looked like a fan of the sport a promoter trying to build his fighters. This is the Floyd I love listening to and watching.

J Love: Finely pressured this guy and used some dirty tactics but he kept his cool and stayed with the game plan. I was actually thinking this is how the Guerrero Mayweather fight may look. Love showed discipline and poise in the ring. I think he needs to work on his ring generalship a little more but he had a hard test and he passed. I want to see him stay active and improve all around, he has a nice future, he will get better. Loved the support that his family and fans gave.

Ishe Smith: He stayed focused and never got flustered. He keep pounding away looking for his shots and started landing them at the right time. I did at times think he could of cut the ring off and fight in the middle of the ring more. He finally used his jab to set up his offense. Loved the post interview after the fight. Yes he cried and nearly killed his son but I understand, the moment was a lot and he had been through hell and back. I so appreciate seeing things like that. He will continue to improve good fight and congrats Las Vegas for having your first champ. He gave a shout out to Vernon Forrest and Chico, I thought that was great.

K9: WTF! You are losing a fight but you chose to talk crap in the middle of getting your butt whipped? Then he was jumping all over the place swinging out of control just a terrible way to fight. Terrible. He should had fought a smarter fight instead of jumping around. I think he gassed out toward the end from all that jumping around and wild swinging.

Great night for boxing!
scdrking2
To be honest, I fell asleep in the middle of the K9 Ishe fight. Woke up for the last few rounds. I am going to have to look at it again on the DVR, but that was horrible. Even though they started to engage more, K9 was looping and lunging and Ishe would not let his right hand go and punish him for it. Fight could have been over a lot sooner if he had done so. I just dont see Ishe holding that belt very long if he is going to be that timid in the ring. Hell, if I am Canelo, Ishe is on my radar to pick up a belt is he doesnt get the September date with Floyd.
bnoles4life
QUOTE (The Original MrFactor @ Feb 24 2013, 01:05 AM) *

Mosely can get a belt at 154. He can beat Smith. Someone also mentioned Cotto... Yup, him too. Shit a guy like Bradley may be able to move up and pitter pat Smith to a decision. Pacquiao too... Ishe is suddenly a wanted man with crosshairs on his chest. Kudos to him for gutting it out. I'm happy for him and hope he makes the most of his title. He has always had potetntial. maybe the title will change some things in him...

Mr.Factor 'bout to get us crunk or stomach rumbling again!!!
Jack 1000
QUOTE (Dolimite @ Feb 24 2013, 07:37 AM) *
I know I am late with my response...late night

Showtime: Loved the energy from the announcers it seemed like everyone was hyped and excited to be there. When they called the fights they actually sounded like fans and not critics of the fighters. The energy was so much different than HBO. Watching HBO is like listening to three Simon Cowells. I always enjoy the Magic Man's commentary. Joe Cortez was even interesting. Good show from Showtime

Mayweather: Loved how he hyped up his fighters. He talked more about his fighters than he did his own fight. I did appreciate that. I have no idea what kind of instruction he was giving Love but it seemed to work. I really hope Roger gets better. It was also cool how he said his dad, Roger and Jeff would all be in his corner, outstanding! He showed maturity, he didn't have a lot of bling on he just looked like a fan of the sport a promoter trying to build his fighters. This is the Floyd I love listening to and watching.

J Love: Finely pressured this guy and used some dirty tactics but he kept his cool and stayed with the game plan. I was actually thinking this is how the Guerrero Mayweather fight may look. Love should discipline and poise in the ring. I think he needs to work on his ring generalship a little more but he had a hard test and he passed. I want to see him stay active and improve all around, he has a nice feature, he will get better. Loved the support that his family and fans gave.

Ishe Smith: He stayed focused and never got flustered. He keep pounding away looking for his shots and started landing them at the right time. I did at times think he could of cut the ring off and fight in the middle of the ring more. He finally used his jab to set up his offense. Loved the post interview after the fight. Yes he cried and nearly killed his son but I understand, the moment was a lot and he had been through hell and back. I so appreciate seeing things like that. He will continue to improve good fight and congrats Las Vegas for having your first champ. He gave a shout out to Vernon Forrest and Chico, I thought that was great.

K9: WTF! You are losing a fight but you chose to talk crap in the middle of getting your butt whipped? Then he was jumping all over the place swinging out of control just a terrible way to fight. Terrible. He should had fought a smarter fight instead of jumping around. I think he gassed out toward the end from all that jumping around and wild swinging.

Great night for boxing!

Good call! The Showtime crew, more professional than HBO. We still had two ordinaries for a title which made the fight good, but sloppy. I don't neither are good enough to be world champions, but such as the state with four federation belts, Smith got something. I don't think he is gonna hold the title very long. I scored in my head, and like I said, I think I had it 7-4-1 or maybe 8-3-1, which was close to the judges. (Well, two if of them.) I liked how the commentators had different and diverse scorecards instead of the commentator and color guy, Teddy, "I know I know everything" (NOT!) and Joe "Testicle!"

Commentators in giving their scores SHOULD disagree from time to time. It makes watching the experiance more interesting. Especially when they don't swing from the nuts of Jim Lamply and PUNCHSTAT. What was cool is that they used the statistical profile at the end of the fight as a tool to show how each fighter did, but they didn't do an HBO thing and make love to the software!

Jack

PS. Who's a better crier? Corey "Stinks" or Smith?
Dolimite
QUOTE (Jack 1000 @ Feb 24 2013, 09:58 AM) *
Good call! The Showtime crew, more professional than HBO. We still had two ordinaries for a title which made the fight good, but sloppy. I don't neither are good enough to be world champions, but such as the state with four federation belts, Smith got something. I don't think he is gonna hold the title very long. I scored in my head, and like I said, I think I had it 7-4-1 or maybe 8-3-1, which was close to the judges. (Well, two if of them.) I liked how the commentators had different and diverse scorecards instead of the commentator and color guy, Teddy, "I know I know everything" (NOT!) and Joe "Testicle!"

Commentators in giving their scores SHOULD disagree from time to time. It makes watching the experiance more interesting. Especially when they don't swing from the nuts of Jim Lamply and PUNCHSTAT. What was cool is that they used the statistical profile at the end of the fight as a tool to show how each fighter did, but they didn't do an HBO thing and make love to the software!

Jack

Smith. I damn near started crying!
bnoles4life
QUOTE (Jack 1000 @ Feb 24 2013, 12:58 PM) *

Jack

Smith, by a landslide.....he had the "I just got a whipp'n cuz of my report card" cry going full throttle.
wolterb
lol^
daprofessor
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Feb 23 2013, 08:55 PM) *
Both of these guys are bullies, in their own respective ways. I like Ishe in this one, he's shown a lot of poise over the past year or so, and he's more disciplined at this point of his career.

It's something about K-9 when he fights nowadays, it's almost like he's thinking of the next big opponent (that he'll never get) while he's across the ring from his present challenge. I know that he always goes for the knockout, but he seems to be serially pissing his way through fight s nowadays....that could play into his demise tonight.

Maybe it's father time first, then the possibility of not getting those big fights, that actually drives him to fight the way he does nowadays. It's almost like he's thinking, "Okay, this is my last shot. If I don't win, then I'm out of the rat race for good". He's always been a "go for the KO" fighter, but he was more poised back then.

I guess this fight will come down to patience and timing, and with that in mind, I'll give it to Ishe by decision, or MAYBE he catches K-9 coming in (somewhere around the 7th). Both guys know how to make it a dog fight, but K-9 gets gassed waaaay too quick, and Ishe still has the tendency to get hit with unnecessary shots...gladly, those shots came from guys who couldn't punch.

Ishe keeps the intelligent pressure on him, closes the distance, and possibly stops K-9 based on K-9 wearing himself out and not seeing a punch coming.

PS: I wonder if Ishe will go to the body.

good call.
daprofessor
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Feb 23 2013, 10:26 PM) *
Love is sticking his jab and circling, but I gave the 3rd to Findley because of body shots.

why did this post remind me of radio rahim on do the right thing!? laugh.gif
daprofessor
QUOTE (bnoles4life @ Feb 23 2013, 11:51 PM) *
Ishe could take over this fight, if he wasn't Ishe, who never takes over fights.

laugh.gif i like the dude and it's clear he has skills...he always does just enough to make it controversial or lose.
daprofessor
QUOTE (mrchitown @ Feb 23 2013, 11:54 PM) *
True, he fighting like an amateur. Muhammad gave him good advice, the body language and the things K9 is doing in there suggest that he don't want to go on. He can't fight if it's not going his way which is a street brawl. He talking trash to Ishe trying to get him out of his game but it doesn't appear to be working

i have to give it up to bundrage...he kept ishe guessing and his awkward style is actually effective. EMM was right.
daprofessor
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Feb 24 2013, 12:18 AM) *
C'mon Ishe, not the ugly cry dawg.

laugh.gif

laugh.gif leave the man alone. that's wrong.
daprofessor
QUOTE (mrchitown @ Feb 24 2013, 12:19 AM) *
Brotha, Black man... Stop this sissy ass crying. You embarrassing me during Black history month. I'm sorry guys but I'm seriously LOLing right now and I can't stop...he has a Kim Kardashian cry face. I can't make out what he's saying lol

kim kardashian cry face!? laugh.gif i gotta see that!
daprofessor
QUOTE (mrchitown @ Feb 24 2013, 12:36 AM) *
K9 gon get fed to somebody from GB, and he might get tossed around like a $2 hoe before they're done with him. If I'm Ishe's handlers I make him fight mandatories. The IBF has some solid fighters he can beat and ultimately lose to but in no way am I putting him in there with Cotto or those other big names until it's time to cash out

i heard molina is next. if that's the case....his reign may be up soon.
daprofessor
QUOTE (mrchitown @ Feb 24 2013, 12:53 AM) *
No I don't think he could beat Molina but I hope them 2 don't fight because that would be like watching Devon Alexander shadow box lol

laugh.gif
daprofessor
showtime has been running shit for the last few years imo. hbo sucks ass these days with their arrogant and pompous ways. sure hbo has the better quality when it comes to how their show looks...but that's where it ends. showtime usually has more evenly matched bouts and their commentary is head and shoulders above hbo.
mrchitown
QUOTE (daprofessor @ Feb 25 2013, 05:32 PM) *
i heard molina is next. if that's the case....his reign may be up soon.

Your right Professor, he did an interview today saying that he wants Molina next. He said he's going to tell Ellerbe to reach out to Molina's team and see if they can make the fight happen. I guess we should brace ourselves for Alexander's shadow boxing regimen lol
daprofessor
QUOTE (mrchitown @ Feb 25 2013, 07:57 PM) *
Your right Professor, he did an interview today saying that he wants Molina next. He said he's going to tell Ellerbe to reach out to Molina's team and see if they can make the fight happen. I guess we should brace ourselves for Alexander's shadow boxing regimen lol

laugh.gif

i'm actually looking forward to this fight! i will enjoy it.
mrchitown
QUOTE (daprofessor @ Feb 25 2013, 06:03 PM) *
laugh.gif

i'm actually looking forward to this fight! i will enjoy it.

LOL I'm going to TRY to enjoy it
daprofessor
QUOTE (mrchitown @ Feb 25 2013, 08:23 PM) *
LOL I'm going to TRY to enjoy it

molina is a tricky/cagey dude. i'm waiting to see how ishe adjusts to him. i think it'll be easy to find sparring for molina with guys that fight like ishe in the chi. it won't be easy for ishe to find guys like molina to spar with.
mrchitown
QUOTE (daprofessor @ Feb 25 2013, 06:32 PM) *
molina is a tricky/cagey dude. i'm waiting to see how ishe adjusts to him. i think it'll be easy to find sparring for molina with guys that fight like ishe in the chi. it won't be easy for ishe to find guys like molina to spar with.

I agree, I commend Ishe for wanting this fight but I think he'll drop the title to Molina by decision
daprofessor
QUOTE (mrchitown @ Feb 25 2013, 09:56 PM) *
I agree, I commend Ishe for wanting this fight but I think he'll drop the title to Molina by decision

he definitely deserves props for this. he and molina have been avoided. maybe that's why he wants him?
Cshel86
QUOTE (daprofessor @ Feb 25 2013, 06:04 PM) *
why did this post remind me of radio rahim on do the right thing!? laugh.gif

laugh.gif

QUOTE (daprofessor @ Feb 25 2013, 06:22 PM) *
laugh.gif leave the man alone. that's wrong.

C'mon Professor, dude couldn't even catch his breath from crying so hard. It reminds me of the times when my grandma used to whoop us and try to make us explain ourselves afterwards...that shit was the true definition of "broken English".

QUOTE (daprofessor @ Feb 25 2013, 06:44 PM) *
showtime has been running shit for the last few years imo. hbo sucks ass these days with their arrogant and pompous ways. sure hbo has the better quality when it comes to how their show looks...but that's where it ends. showtime usually has more evenly matched bouts and their commentary is head and shoulders above hbo.

Agreed.

On the other hand, I'm glad that "ruthless toothless" K-9 is no longer champion. Holding that belt for as long as he did, must have felt like he won an Oscar or somethin'.
daprofessor
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Feb 26 2013, 12:21 PM) *
laugh.gif

C'mon Professor, dude couldn't even catch his breath from crying so hard. It reminds me of the times when my grandma used to whoop us and try to make us explain ourselves afterwards...that shit was the true definition of "broken English".

Agreed.

On the other hand, I'm glad that "ruthless toothless" K-9 is no longer champion. Holding that belt for as long as he did, must have felt like he won an Oscar or somethin'.

that was a hard cry. haven't cried like that since childhood....but i get it. he's been through it and didn't think this day would ever come.
Cshel86
QUOTE (daprofessor @ Feb 26 2013, 07:19 PM) *
that was a hard cry. haven't cried like that since childhood....but i get it. he's been through it and didn't think this day would ever come.

I don't care to cry like that either...I believe it destroys your sperm count and emasculates you. Lol

When you cry like that, you truly hit rock bottom. In Ishe's case, he's been there and now he's champ...cant knock him for that. That cry was still bad though! laugh.gif

It's like his breath and pride took a quick vacation during that interview!
daprofessor
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Feb 26 2013, 10:45 PM) *
I don't care to cry like that either...I believe it destroys your sperm count and emasculates you. Lol

When you cry like that, you truly hit rock bottom. In Ishe's case, he's been there and now he's champ...cant knock him for that. That cry was still bad though! laugh.gif

It's like his breath and pride took a quick vacation during that interview!

laugh.gif no shame in that cry.
Dric
I can understand why he did cry though, he's been through a lot. I'm just glad that he was able to win a title, now what he does with this opportunity is up to him now.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.