Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Showtime@9PM(ET)/6PM(PT)-Bundrange vs. Smith
FightHype Community > BOXING HYPE > Boxing
Pages: 1, 2, 3
Jack 1000
The IBF Jr Middleweight Title is on the line tonight between Cornelius Bundrage and Ishe Smith. All comments here.

Jack

Administrator
Dolimite
Jack thank you for starting this thread!

I am actually excited about this fight. Most of Mayweather's fighters will be featured tonight and I am curious will he give an interview during the fights? I haven't seen Ishe Smith fight before but I have seen K-9 and well he has holes in his game but he can punch. I am not sure who has the advantage. K9 is hitting 40 and Ishe is trying to be the first Las Vegas born champion. The story lines are great and the fiasco at the weigh ins will spill over in the ring. I am ready to see Love take his place in his division. I am pulling for Smith just because I want to see a first time Las Vegas born champ and Love, they both seem like good guys. Hell team TMT! But then again this is boxing and K9 already said that the boss was next so that should add fuel to the fire.
The Original MrFactor
One of those fights I'll probably watch just because nothing else is on. I kinda like Bundrage, I think he wins tonite, but see him as the most vulnerable champ at 154. I think he could have done better than Ishe Smith... Where was Kirkland, Angulo, Molina when the network picked Smith?

If Shane Mosley wanted to pick up an easy belt at 154, he shoulda picked Bundrage. If Shane cant beat Bundrage, then he should truly retire. Bundrage is gonna try to bang, he's not gonna hide and he's vulnerable. Thats a match that Mosley could have won.
mrchitown
For some reason I like Smith in this one
leonthegee
Im looking forward to getting another look at JLeon Love. I think hes Mayweathers best prospect.
Cshel86
Both of these guys are bullies, in their own respective ways. I like Ishe in this one, he's shown a lot of poise over the past year or so, and he's more disciplined at this point of his career.

It's something about K-9 when he fights nowadays, it's almost like he's thinking of the next big opponent (that he'll never get) while he's across the ring from his present challenge. I know that he always goes for the knockout, but he seems to be serially pissing his way through fight s nowadays....that could play into his demise tonight.

Maybe it's father time first, then the possibility of not getting those big fights, that actually drives him to fight the way he does nowadays. It's almost like he's thinking, "Okay, this is my last shot. If I don't win, then I'm out of the rat race for good". He's always been a "go for the KO" fighter, but he was more poised back then.

I guess this fight will come down to patience and timing, and with that in mind, I'll give it to Ishe by decision, or MAYBE he catches K-9 coming in (somewhere around the 7th). Both guys know how to make it a dog fight, but K-9 gets gassed waaaay too quick, and Ishe still has the tendency to get hit with unnecessary shots...gladly, those shots came from guys who couldn't punch.

Ishe keeps the intelligent pressure on him, closes the distance, and possibly stops K-9 based on K-9 wearing himself out and not seeing a punch coming.

PS: I wonder if Ishe will go to the body.
Cshel86
Floyd is probably putting too much pressure on Love, by talking to him during the introductions.
Cshel86
Ooooweeee...

Findley looks like he don't give a fuuuuck.

laugh.gif
Cshel86
Love had a great round, sticking the jab and all.

Findley is swole as hell! Lol. I've seen him fight, but I cant remember who it was.

I had no idea Floyd was training Love, or is it just for this fight?

Nice look
mrchitown
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Feb 23 2013, 08:18 PM) *
Love had a great round, sticking the jab and all.

Findley is swole as hell! Lol. I've seen him fight, but I cant remember who it was.

I had no idea Floyd was training Love, or is it just for this fight?

Nice look

Roger is his trainer but for some reason he couldn't make it. It's definitely interesting to see Floyd "cornering" a fight. He did say that he was getting into it but I had no idea it was this soon.

I've seen Findley fight before but I can't remember any of his opponents but he is a solid fighter.... Love needs to keep jabbing but he's measuring that right hand, if Findley sees it he can capitalize off of it. He makes the same motion every time before he throws the right hand
mrchitown
Findley trying to make this fight ugly, Floyd should be taking note of this, he might be in the same situation in a few months from now
Cshel86
Love is sticking his jab and circling, but I gave the 3rd to Findley because of body shots.
mrchitown
Floyd sound just like his family with those training words..AAhh Floyd sr and Roger are definitely ingrained in that boy lol
mrchitown
Findley definitely pressed the action to start but he made Love fight and fight he did in that Rd
Cshel86
QUOTE (mrchitown @ Feb 23 2013, 09:26 PM) *
Floyd sound just like his family with those training words..AAhh Floyd sr and Roger are definitely ingrained in that boy lol

I know right. Lol

That was a good round for Love. Findley better thank his earmuffs...because he would've been down, had he not used 'em.
Cshel86
I gave that round to Findley

I think Love was hurt by that hook.

One of those leaping hooks from Findley may put some money in the bank for him, if Love doesn't tighten up.
mrchitown
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Feb 23 2013, 08:30 PM) *
I know right. Lol

That was a good round for Love. Findley better thank his earmuffs...because he would've been down, had he not used 'em.

I think he hurt J'Leon in the 5th. Findley just trying to make it physically taxing and rough for Love to operate
Cshel86
QUOTE (mrchitown @ Feb 23 2013, 09:35 PM) *
I think he hurt J'Leon in the 5th. Findley just trying to make it physically taxing and rough for Love to operate

It's been a rough fight for Love thus far, and he seems to be a bit hesitant. Im almost wondering if he's hurt one of his hands.

What do you think?
mrchitown
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Feb 23 2013, 08:39 PM) *
It's been a rough fight for Love thus far, and he seems to be a bit hesitant. Im almost wondering if he's hurt one of his hands.

What do you think?

You might be right, before he throws the right hand, he jiggles it or shakes it out.. kinda like how Shane was his last few fights
Cshel86
QUOTE (mrchitown @ Feb 23 2013, 09:44 PM) *
You might be right, before he throws the right hand, he jiggles it or shakes it out.. kinda like how Shane was his last few fights

Possibly

I know that he looks a bit tired, but he's using the hell outta his legs, so maybe his hand is hurt.
mrchitown
100-90 and 2 scores of 99-91. C'mon man..get off dude's jock, that was a close fight
Cshel86
Those scorecards are quite shitty. So you're telling me that Findley didn't win ANY rounds on one of those cards, and only 1 rounds (I think) on the other two cards?
mrchitown
Your right! The scores were 100-90 and the other 2 judges had it 99-91. To say or think that Findley didn't at least win 3 of those rounds is ridiculous
Cshel86
QUOTE (mrchitown @ Feb 23 2013, 10:01 PM) *
Your right! The scores were 100-90 and the other 2 judges had it 99-91. To say or think that Findley didn't at least win 3 of those rounds is ridiculous

Exactly

That motherfucker DID win 3 rounds...hell, he may have won 4.

laugh.gif
mrchitown
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Feb 23 2013, 09:04 PM) *
Exactly

That motherfucker DID win 3 rounds...hell, he may have won 4.

laugh.gif

I think he might've won 4 rds too lol. I think the judges want to keep getting Mayweather assignments lol
mrchitown
I'm also glad that Mayweather just came out and confirmed that Roger and his dad will be working in his corner come May 4th. I said all along that I wanted Roger to stay in the corner...Come May 4th, Guerrero will have to contend with 3 great minds and I don't think he'll overcome the challenge

And Showtime is all over Floyd's jock. Shosports is now owned by Floyd
bnoles4life
QUOTE (mrchitown @ Feb 23 2013, 09:56 PM) *
100-90 and 2 scores of 99-91. C'mon man..get off dude's jock, that was a close fight

100-90???? Dude didn't win not ONE of those rounds in which Love quit throwin' punches?
bnoles4life
QUOTE (mrchitown @ Feb 23 2013, 10:09 PM) *
I'm also glad that Mayweather just came out and confirmed that Roger and his dad will be working in his corner come May 4th. I said all along that I wanted Roger to stay in the corner...Come May 4th, Guerrero will have to contend with 3 great minds and I don't think he'll overcome the challenge

And Showtime is all over Floyd's jock. Shosports is now owned by Floyd

I was just thinking that....

S/N: I like Mauro Ronollo commentating these fights....I remember him from Strikeforce & HD Net Fights, I think.
Cshel86
Im sure Floyd's sack looks like a freakin' chandelier right about now.

You'd think that they were celebrating the signing this HUGE network deal or somethin'.
bnoles4life
I'm going for K9, not b/c I like him more than Ishe, but b/c Ishe came out to that lame ass Emm song from 8 Mile
bnoles4life
I take that back....K9 just came out to some slow music and some mutts from the local Animal Shelter. I want both of these cats to lose.
Cshel86
QUOTE (bnoles4life @ Feb 23 2013, 10:16 PM) *
I'm going for K9, not b/c I like him more than Ishe, but b/c Ishe came out to that lame ass Emm song from 8 Mile

laugh.gif

What's up with these damn K-9s that Bundrage is walking out with? Is this a Stevie Wonder song or some gospel song???

K-9 could've at least got a fresh cut. dude's hair looks like taco meat. Smh
mrchitown
QUOTE (bnoles4life @ Feb 23 2013, 09:10 PM) *
100-90???? Dude didn't win not ONE of those rounds in which Love quit throwin' punches?

That's what I'm saying, it was rds here Love looked hurt and didn't do anything. That was horrible scoring
Cshel86
This ref's box fade is already bothering me...

Just cut it dude.
Cshel86
And herrrre we go...another piece of shit ref.

Who lost a damn point there? Who deserved to lose a point?

This is gonna be a long night.

no2.gif
bnoles4life
Okay...first, the ref for the Bundrage/Smith fight looks as though his name is Earl....

2nd...Earl just took a point from Animal Shelter puppies. This is gonna be a wild ride.
bnoles4life
Will someone let Ishe know he can use his R hand? I mean, it's allowed in Michigan, right? S/N: Animal Shelter puppies' wife would catch it!!!
mrchitown
I'll fight K9 for a night with his wife
Cshel86
You cant tell me that Ishe's chick doesn't look like she can be his mom no2.gif
Cshel86
QUOTE (bnoles4life @ Feb 23 2013, 10:35 PM) *
Will someone let Ishe know he can use his R hand? I mean, it's allowed in Michigan, right? S/N: Animal Shelter puppies' wife would catch it!!!

Thank you!

K-9 is off balance and open for that shit. Smh

QUOTE (mrchitown @ Feb 23 2013, 10:36 PM) *
I'll fight K9 for a night with his wife

Surely you'd do better than Ishe right about now.
bnoles4life
Hold up! Hold up! (Martin voice), is Animal Shelter puppies' mouth open already????
Cshel86
QUOTE (bnoles4life @ Feb 23 2013, 10:38 PM) *
Hold up! Hold up! (Martin voice), is Animal Shelter puppies' mouth open already????

Yep, like a fat lady after a 3k.
bnoles4life
Earl!!!! Would you make Cro-Magnon man & Animal Shelter fight?
Cshel86
K-9 just sucks, period.

I hate this dude's oh-so mediocre existence. That dumb footwork/lateral movement of his in the 5th round was just trash.\

Seems like Detroit venues equal a "stinker" when it comes to boxing nowadays.
BigFightFan
I'm missing another night of boxing sad.gif!
bnoles4life
Okay...I'll ask the tough questions: What belt does Animal Shelter have and exactly, how did he come by it?
mrchitown
Ishe could take over this fight if he just threw the damn punches
mrchitown
QUOTE (bnoles4life @ Feb 23 2013, 09:48 PM) *
Okay...I'll ask the tough questions: What belt does Animal Shelter have and exactly, how did he come by it?

I believe it's the IBF belt and he got it from beating Spinks
mrchitown
Farhood dropping quotables LOL
Cshel86
QUOTE (BigFightFan @ Feb 23 2013, 10:46 PM) *
I'm missing another night of boxing sad.gif!

You aint missin' SHIT tonight! Lol

Count your lucky stars.

QUOTE (bnoles4life @ Feb 23 2013, 10:48 PM) *

I think he wont it from Spinks a couple of years ago, and it could've been vacant at the time.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.