Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: May 4th Undercard possibility
FightHype Community > BOXING HYPE > Boxing
Pages: 1, 2
Dolimite
We know what the main event will be (I know Chsels is relieved) and even the co main event (please Golden Boy do not screw us), but what about the undercard. I know Adrian said that he might be fighting on the undercard but I think he may want to hold out for the winner of Burns and Vasquez. That would mean he would be fighting three times this year, which is not bad but a lot.

If Broner does fight in the undercard I would like him to either fight Hank Lundy or Kevin Mitchell. Both can be very entertaining.
Miguel Garcia would be good in the undercard as well. Maybe he and Jhonny Gonzalez can go to war. Anyone else have any ideas about the undercard?

Side note: Robert Guerrero is talking big sh*t! This dude tweeted Mayweather and said "@FloydMayweather hope u liked working corners I'm gonna make it permanent pretty boy!" How can you not like that confidence. He better watch it because he still has to get in the ring and fight. This fight is going to be FUN!
Marcus
QUOTE (Dolimite @ Feb 24 2013, 12:42 PM) *
We know what the main event will be (I know Chsels is relieved) and even the co main event (please Golden Boy do not screw us), but what about the undercard. I know Adrian said that he might be fighting on the undercard but I think he may want to hold out for the winner of Burns and Vasquez. That would mean he would be fighting three times this year, which is not bad but a lot.

If Broner does fight in the undercard I would like him to either fight Hank Lundy or Kevin Mitchell. Both can be very entertaining.
Miguel Garcia would be good in the undercard as well. Maybe he and Jhonny Gonzalez can go to war. Anyone else have any ideas about the undercard?

Side note: Robert Guerrero is talking big sh*t! This dude tweeted Mayweather and said "@FloydMayweather hope u liked working corners I'm gonna make it permanent pretty boy!" How can you not like that confidence. He better watch it because he still has to get in the ring and fight. This fight is going to be FUN!

I would love to see a unification for Broner-Abril on the undercard. Big enough to be a mainevent and small enough to be a an undercard on a Mayweather PPV. Broner-Burns is too big to be an undercard. Burns has a nice following but i dont think Abril has much of a fan base.
I wouldn't mind seeing J'Leon Love, DaQuan Arnett, Either one of the Charlo's, or Angulo on the undercard.

Lmao yea i saw that. This fight and fight coverage on fight camp 360 will be funny. He was also talking shit about Floyd and domestic violence.
Dolimite
QUOTE (Marcus @ Feb 24 2013, 10:14 AM) *
I would love to see a unification for Broner-Abril on the undercard. Big enough to be a mainevent and small enough to be a an undercard on a Mayweather PPV. Broner-Burns is too big to be an undercard. Burns has a nice following but i dont think Abril has much of a fan base.
I wouldn't mind seeing J'Leon Love, DaQuan Arnett, Either one of the Charlo's, or Angulo on the undercard.

Lmao yea i saw that. This fight and fight coverage on fight camp 360 will be funny. He was also talking shit about Floyd and domestic violence.

What did he say? Robert is a trip!

Abril and Broner would be interesting. The Charlo Twins I really do like. I would love to see these guys fight every month! Very talented! Charlo Twins would make a great undercard. Good post!
Kratza
QUOTE (Dolimite @ Feb 24 2013, 05:42 PM) *

Mikey and Jhonny are both TR fighters so that won't happen

And i doubt Broner will be fighting on the undercard, i'm expecting Lopez vs Maidana
Dolimite
QUOTE (Kratza @ Feb 24 2013, 12:12 PM) *

And i doubt Broner will be fighting on the undercard, i'm expecting Lopez vs Maidana

Kratza, I did not even think of that. Good point, well scratch that idea! Sucks!
Jovi
Broner vs Burns would be perfect for another undercard possibility. It brings in more of the UK demographic, only more money. And for Broner this would be better exposure than if he were on to be the Main event of his own fight. The best thing Broner can do is take that May 4th slot and Mayweather seems perfectly fine with Broner getting his shine in. Broner said he wants the winner of Burns/Vazquez then probably moving up. Time is now.

I think the only undercard slots will be for Mayweather Promotion fighters. or Broner, AKA Mayweather JR jr lol
Franchize
I think Broner would be buggin not to fight on this undercard. I don't care who it's against. It's not like the Vasquez vs Burns winner will be a household name here. I get the possible market boost fighting a UK guy but is that fight going anywhere? My guess is no.

As for Robert Guerrero talking shit........
mrchitown
Well Badou Jack has been confirmed to be on the undercard so that's another slot filled. I'd like to see Broner on the card against any solid opponent because it's exposure for him

As for The Ghost talking trash, I find it baffling that he uses faith and 5 secs later disrespects somebody. He's a character and I've read his recent interviews where he said things about Floyd but now he's guilty of the same thing. He's saying the right things in interviews but after the tweet he sent to Floyd, he starts hawking tshirts from his website. Like I said, he's a character
Marcus
QUOTE (mrchitown @ Feb 25 2013, 01:47 AM) *
Well Badou Jack has been confirmed to be on the undercard so that's another slot filled. I'd like to see Broner on the card against any solid opponent because it's exposure for him

As for The Ghost talking trash, I find it baffling that he uses faith and 5 secs later disrespects somebody. He's a character and I've read his recent interviews where he said things about Floyd but now he's guilty of the same thing. He's saying the right things in interviews but after the tweet he sent to Floyd, he starts hawking tshirts from his website. Like I said, he's a character

Yo i be saying the same thing! This guy talks about being humble and humbling Floyd yet he talks so much shit himself. The fact that someone can claim to be a devout follower of Jesus christ or any God for that matter on a large platform like television/twitter where they have 100k+ followers, then use those same platforms to partake in a combat sport in which they are the victor at the cost of your fellow brethren's health/life/demise is already contradictory as to what they represent and the God they serve. You batter people for money then have the nerve to thank a God that was nailed to a cross to liberate his people? But not only does he do that he boasts and brags. They haven't even faced off yet. Guerrero is on some next. He's doing more talking than Floyd! And he's getting personal!

QUOTE (Dolimite @ Feb 24 2013, 01:46 PM) *
What did he say? Robert is a trip!

Abril and Broner would be interesting. The Charlo Twins I really do like. I would love to see these guys fight every month! Very talented! Charlo Twins would make a great undercard. Good post!

@GhostBoxing (Robert Guerrero Tweet):
"Real men stand by their women! @floydmayweather has a lot to learn and I'm gonna teach him some respect! Can't wait! #humblewarrior"

nothing honorable about that tweet. Too personal..
mrchitown
@Marcus, that's exactly what I mean. I have no care really in what a fighter does outside of the ring, if that was the case I'd never watch Broner fight because at times his comments can be quite stupid. But in terms of Guerrero, he gives off the holier then thou attitude. So now he's God's chosen one? I think he'll be disappointed come May 4th

He should take a lesson out of the Andre Ward playbook. A man of true faith and CLASS and who does not go out and berate his opposition, I like the way Ward trash talks, it's a breath of fresh air in a sport full of cuss words and shoving. The way he's handled the Kessler and Froch situation where there basically diminishing him as a fighter is nothing short of amazing.

Guerrero makes a comment about cancer, religion and less then 5 secs later he goes into a tirade about his opponent. In this instance he makes that dumb remark about Floyd and women. That is so judgemental on so many levels not to mention inappropriate. I'm going to this fight and I hope Mayweather gives him a beating
checkleft
QUOTE (Marcus @ Feb 25 2013, 06:16 PM) *
Yo i be saying the same thing! This guy talks about being humble and humbling Floyd yet he talks so much shit himself. The fact that someone can claim to be a devout follower of Jesus christ or any God for that matter on a large platform like television/twitter where they have 100k+ followers, then use those same platforms to partake in a combat sport in which they are the victor at the cost of your fellow brethren's health/life/demise is already contradictory as to what they represent and the God they serve. You batter people for money then have the nerve to thank a God that was nailed to a cross to liberate his people? But not only does he do that he boasts and brags. They haven't even faced off yet. Guerrero is on some next. He's doing more talking than Floyd! And he's getting personal!

@GhostBoxing (Robert Guerrero Tweet):
"Real men stand by their women! @floydmayweather has a lot to learn and I'm gonna teach him some respect! Can't wait! #humblewarrior"

nothing honorable about that tweet. Too personal..

I couldn't agree with you more about his religious contradictions.

And as far as him talking shit he is just gonna repeat the same shit everyone else has said about Floyd.... "Women beater" "spoiled brat" "teach him a lesson" "I'm gonna shut his mouth" ect. Nothing flamboyant or special about Robert in or out of the ring. Personally I think Alexander has accomplished more at welterweight, and he did it fairly. Yea it was boring but he didn't use to pussy ass tactics Robert did.
Cshel86
QUOTE (Dolimite @ Feb 24 2013, 12:42 PM) *

Mike Stafford trains Lundy now, so I don tsee that one happening. More than likely, he'll fight someone of little competition, but hell, when you have skills like Broner, it's hard to match him with tough fighters. Looks like J'Leon Love will be on the card, according to his recent tweets.

I believe GBP will spread out all of these fights, like Broner facing the winner of Vazquez/Burns, and make money off them on a separate card. I'm wondering how nig the budget will be for this card. If anything, if a fight is signed, I'll pray for all fighters to make it the event. No need for us to see Jessie Vargas vs Stevie Forbes, or some other garbage like that. Lol
Dolimite
QUOTE (mrchitown @ Feb 25 2013, 05:16 PM) *
@Marcus, that's exactly what I mean. I have no care really in what a fighter does outside of the ring, if that was the case I'd never watch Broner fight because at times his comments can be quite stupid. But in terms of Guerrero, he gives off the holier then thou attitude. So now he's God's chosen one? I think he'll be disappointed come May 4th

He should take a lesson out of the Andre Ward playbook. A man of true faith and CLASS and who does not go out and berate his opposition, I like the way Ward trash talks, it's a breath of fresh air in a sport full of cuss words and shoving. The way he's handled the Kessler and Froch situation where there basically diminishing him as a fighter is nothing short of amazing.

Guerrero makes a comment about cancer, religion and less then 5 secs later he goes into a tirade about his opponent. In this instance he makes that dumb remark about Floyd and women. That is so judgemental on so many levels not to mention inappropriate. I'm going to this fight and I hope Mayweather gives him a beating

Robert is becoming annoying. I mean the the first rule of the Bible and Christianity is "thou shall not judge or thous will be judged" And Jesus even said those without sin can cast the first rock. I believe Robert should start getting into his Bible because right now he is a poster boy of a hypocritical Christian. Plus, God loves everyone, even Floyd.

QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Feb 26 2013, 09:27 AM) *
Mike Stafford trains Lundy now, so I don tsee that one happening. More than likely, he'll fight someone of little competition, but hell, when you have skills like Broner, it's hard to match him with tough fighters. Looks like J'Leon Love will be on the card, according to his recent tweets.

I believe GBP will spread out all of these fights, like Broner facing the winner of Vazquez/Burns, and make money off them on a separate card. I'm wondering how nig the budget will be for this card. If anything, if a fight is signed, I'll pray for all fighters to make it the event. No need for us to see Jessie Vargas vs Stevie Forbes, or some other garbage like that. Lol

Please do not make me have a nightmare tonight. I rather see Cory Spinks and K9 fight again!
mrchitown
QUOTE (Dolimite @ Feb 26 2013, 05:25 PM) *
Robert is becoming annoying. I mean the the first rule of the Bible and Christianity is "thou shall not judge or thous will be judged" And Jesus even said those without sin can cast the first rock. I believe Robert should start getting into his Bible because right now he is a poster boy of a hypocritical Christian. Plus, God loves everyone, even Floyd.

Agreed, if your as religious or as spiritual as you claim to be then don't worry about what the next person is doing, better yourself and those around you. And if you really feel that strongly about it, then reach out and help the person instead of being negative..... His day of reckoning will come May 4th
mrchitown
Undercard might not shape up they way I hoped

@danrafaelespn
Issue with Alvarez-Trout is, from what I'm told, Floyd's unwillingness to commit contractually to an Alvarez fight in the fall (more)

@danrafaelespn
From what I'm told, Floyd has a tough fight in front of him w/ Guerrero. That's his focus. So if he wont sign for a fall Canelo fight (more)

@danrafaelespn
So Canelo could wind up facing Trout (or somebody else) May 4 without the guarantee Floyd is next or he could go on his own show in June.

@danrafaelespn
From what I'm told, Canelo is fine to fight Trout or whomever GB wants to make, but not on Floyd's card w/out guarantee of a Floyd fight

@danrafaelespn
Canelo unsure he wants to be on Floyd's undercard, bringing attention & $$ to show but minus guarantee he gets Floyd, which is what he wants
daprofessor
QUOTE (Kratza @ Feb 24 2013, 04:12 PM) *

salido was a TR fighter and mikey just fought him. it's possible. there's no upside to jhonny...he's pretty much on the down side of his career.
daprofessor
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Feb 26 2013, 12:27 PM) *

i'm sure floyd will be paying a lot of these guys out of pocket...which is a good thing for his camp. spread the wealth.
daprofessor
religion aside...when was the last time one of floyds opponents talked this much shit? i like guerrero's comments/demeanor/confidence...and like floyd and broner...i can separate the bullshit. this kid is coming to fight.
daprofessor
QUOTE (mrchitown @ Feb 26 2013, 08:30 PM) *

@danrafaelespn
Issue with Alvarez-Trout is, from what I'm told, Floyd's unwillingness to commit contractually to an Alvarez fight in the fall (more)

@danrafaelespn
From what I'm told, Floyd has a tough fight in front of him w/ Guerrero. That's his focus. So if he wont sign for a fall Canelo fight (more)

@danrafaelespn
So Canelo could wind up facing Trout (or somebody else) May 4 without the guarantee Floyd is next or he could go on his own show in June.

@danrafaelespn
From what I'm told, Canelo is fine to fight Trout or whomever GB wants to make, but not on Floyd's card w/out guarantee of a Floyd fight

@danrafaelespn
Canelo unsure he wants to be on Floyd's undercard, bringing attention & $$ to show but minus guarantee he gets Floyd, which is what he wants

if canelo balks at the trout fight....his fans will turn on him. he needs to make this fight. it doesn't need to be on the under card of mayweather/guerrero...but it needs to happen. my guess is he wants to do it in cali so he gets a favorable ref and judges.
mrchitown
QUOTE (daprofessor @ Feb 26 2013, 06:51 PM) *
if canelo balks at the trout fight....his fans will turn on him. he needs to make this fight. it doesn't need to be on the under card of mayweather/guerrero...but it needs to happen. my guess is he wants to do it in cali so he gets a favorable ref and judges.

From what the other tweets Fat Dan sent out said, Canelo wants Trout, he just doesn't want to continue to line Mayweather's pockets in the process. Especially if he doesn't commit to a fight in the Fall and Floyd thus far has not comitted
mrchitown
As far as his trash talk, he aint saying nothing knew that the other 43 hasn't said. NOTHING. You can pull up many a fighter on youtube who Mayweather has fought spewing that same shit he talkin. I refuse to separate him bringing up religion in his trash talk because if that's the case then don't bring up some of the things Broner says. It's one in the same. Whether he actually wins is another thing. The boxing IQ's that will be across from him come fight night will be overwhelming and he will find that out soon enough

I know he comes to fight and he will be coming to fight on May 4th. But he has some issues to address, he's not athletic at all. Since he's been at WW, he has diminished skills and speed. And he doesn't box as much anymore, he's switched to a much more knock down, drag out type of fighter. But his power also hasn't came up with him and let's not forget that he fights flat footed.

In terms of the way he chooses to trash talk and confidence and all that, he is right there in terms of Broner level. Which is funny because he started this act when he was practically begging for a Floyd fight yr ago. Before that, I have never seen him or heard him say the things that he says now. He's every bit of a character as some believe Broner is and to try to separate his religious comments from the others one's hold no weight
daprofessor
QUOTE (mrchitown @ Feb 26 2013, 09:39 PM) *
From what the other tweets Fat Dan sent out said, Canelo wants Trout, he just doesn't want to continue to line Mayweather's pockets in the process. Especially if he doesn't commit to a fight in the Fall and Floyd thus far has not comitted

can't fault him for that. might as well do his own thing and reap the benefits. trout is going to end his run.
mrchitown
QUOTE (daprofessor @ Feb 26 2013, 07:57 PM) *
can't fault him for that. might as well do his own thing and reap the benefits. trout is going to end his run.

You think Trout can stop him?
Cshel86
QUOTE (Dolimite @ Feb 26 2013, 06:25 PM) *
Please do not make me have a nightmare tonight. I rather see Cory Spinks and K9 fight again!

laugh.gif

Yeah man, that Forbes/Vargas fight was trash. Stevie looked like he had on black church socks and no boots...I think that's what annoyed me the most.

QUOTE (mrchitown @ Feb 26 2013, 07:30 PM) *

@danrafaelespn

@danrafaelespn

@danrafaelespn

@danrafaelespn

@danrafaelespn

What did I tell you guys??? WHAT did I tell you guys? Floyd aint gonna commit to anything until after May 4th. No fighter in their right mind should have another opponent set in stone, before he beats the guy in front of him.

Canelo fighting Trout just seemed a bit too good to be true. Regardless of what they say about Canelo being willing to fight Trout if a Floyd fight was signed for September, even GBP knows that Trout is an obstacle.

Again, I see Canelo fighting Angulo or Molina, then fighting Cotto in the fall. I see Floyd fighting Guerrero in May, then the winner of Brook/Alexander...which WILL BE Brook.

QUOTE (daprofessor @ Feb 26 2013, 07:35 PM) *
i'm sure floyd will be paying a lot of these guys out of pocket...which is a good thing for his camp. spread the wealth.

Well he didn't have to pay Lattimore or Vargas much last May...I believe that both of them made under $100k. I know that Lattimore made between 50k and 80k. That's chump change to Floyd, so yeah, he could pay guys that much and we could get some dull fights. I must admit, Quintana/Lattimore went exactly how I called it though. laugh.gif
daprofessor
QUOTE (mrchitown @ Feb 26 2013, 09:43 PM) *
As far as his trash talk, he aint saying nothing knew that the other 43 hasn't said. NOTHING. You can pull up many a fighter on youtube who Mayweather has fought spewing that same shit he talkin. I refuse to separate him bringing up religion in his trash talk because if that's the case then don't bring up some of the things Broner says. It's one in the same. Whether he actually wins is another thing. The boxing IQ's that will be across from him come fight night will be overwhelming and he will find that out soon enough

I know he comes to fight and he will be coming to fight on May 4th. But he has some issues to address, he's not athletic at all. Since he's been at WW, he has diminished skills and speed. And he doesn't box as much anymore, he's switched to a much more knock down, drag out type of fighter. But his power also hasn't came up with him and let's not forget that he fights flat footed.

In terms of the way he chooses to trash talk and confidence and all that, he is right there in terms of Broner level. Which is funny because he started this act when he was practically begging for a Floyd fight yr ago. Before that, I have never seen him or heard him say the things that he says now. He's every bit of a character as some believe Broner is and to try to separate his religious comments from the others one's hold no weight

it's like i said before...the squeaky wheel gets the oil. i remember when everyone thought it was ridiculous that he was calling out floyd. this was before he beat aydin for the mandatory spot and berto. say what u will...but he's not in this position by accident. i have no problem with anything floyd, broner or guerrero say because i'm not really interested in their moral compass or lack thereof....i'm interested in what they do in the ring. that's what i meant by separate. i see what guerrero is doing as a flip side to what floyd and broner do. it's all shit talk...and all that matters is what happens in the ring. the boxing IQ's in the corner clearly favor floyd....but all the real work will be done in the gym. i've never heard good advice coming from the corner of either fighter to be honest. they're both very different in their approach.
daprofessor
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Feb 26 2013, 10:26 PM) *
"lol:

Yeah man, that Forbes/Vargas fight was trash. Stevie looked like he had on black church socks and no boots...I think that's what annoyed me the most.

What did I tell you guys??? WHAT did I tell you guys? Floyd aint gonna commit to anything until after May 4th. No fighter in their right mind should have another opponent set in stone, before he beats the guy in front of him.

Canelo fighting Trout just seemed a bit too good to be true. Regardless of what they say about Canelo being willing to fight Trout if a Floyd fight was signed for September, even GBP knows that Trout is an obstacle.

Again, I see Canelo fighting Angulo or Molina, then fighting Cotto in the fall. I see Floyd fighting Guerrero in May, then the winner of Brook/Alexander...which WILL BE Brook.

Well he didn't have to pay Lattimore or Vargas much last May...I believe that both of them made under $100k. I know that Lattimore made between 50k and 80k. That's chump change to Floyd, so yeah, he could pay guys that much and we could get some dull fights. I must admit, Quintana/Lattimore went exactly how I called it though. laugh.gif

quintana came up big on that one and sank like a pile of shit in the fight after that. laugh.gif
daprofessor
QUOTE (mrchitown @ Feb 26 2013, 10:03 PM) *
You think Trout can stop him?

stop his winning streak...i don't know about ko or actual stoppage. he's going to school canelo. whether he gets the decision remains to be seen.
Cshel86
QUOTE (daprofessor @ Feb 26 2013, 09:36 PM) *
quintana came up big on that one and sank like a pile of shit in the fight after that. laugh.gif

Exactly!

I thought he was gonna do good down the home stretch of his career, after that win. I guess I was sadly mistaken. Lol
Dolimite
Let's be honest... Red Head ain't selling big PPV numbers! Not at all. yes Mexicans love him but he fights in the United States, and his opponents have been less than par. I guess if Mayweather doesn't commit to Red Head it would be considered a duck. And what if Red Head gets handed by Trout or looks sub par against another opponent, and Mayweather is suppose to fight a a guy who got outclassed? Great bargaining! There is no guarantee that Red Head will look good or even win, and Mayweather is smart for not looking ahead to Alvarez. That is how Ortiz lost! One step at a time!
mrchitown
QUOTE (daprofessor @ Feb 26 2013, 08:35 PM) *
it's like i said before...the squeaky wheel gets the oil. i remember when everyone thought it was ridiculous that he was calling out floyd. this was before he beat aydin for the mandatory spot and berto. say what u will...but he's not in this position by accident. i have no problem with anything floyd, broner or guerrero say because i'm not really interested in their moral compass or lack thereof....i'm interested in what they do in the ring. that's what i meant by separate. i see what guerrero is doing as a flip side to what floyd and broner do. it's all shit talk...and all that matters is what happens in the ring. the boxing IQ's in the corner clearly favor floyd....but all the real work will be done in the gym. i've never heard good advice coming from the corner of either fighter to be honest. they're both very different in their approach.

I see what your saying, I agree he's pumping up the fight. I am one of the ones who called him a nut for calling Floyd out and I still don't think he deserves the fight but he did earn it by beating Aydin and Guerrero. He got into it with one of Floyd's employees on twitter not to long ago. It's entertainment and he's bringing that

And I just got a feeling that if Trout can put it all together that he can stop Canelo. But I see a decision W for Trout in that fight, I just hope he doesn't get robbed
checkleft
I actually agree with this. History has shown that nothing good comes out of being in line for a Canelo shot, so its a good idea to keep his mouth closed until after the guerrero fight.
mrchitown
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Feb 26 2013, 08:26 PM) *

You were right Shels, I can't deny that. If this plays out the way it's looking I can't deny that. Floyd will probably fight again in Dec if he comes out victorious May 4th. That Cotto-Canelo fight is looking more and more likely to me now
mrchitown
QUOTE (checkleft @ Feb 26 2013, 09:27 PM) *
I actually agree with this. History has shown that nothing good comes out of being in line for a Canelo shot, so its a good idea to keep his mouth closed until after the guerrero fight.

Hahaha Check you aint never lied. I don't want that Canelo curse on me if I was a boxer. Nothing good comes from pre-agreeing to fight him
Cshel86
QUOTE (mrchitown @ Feb 26 2013, 10:27 PM) *
You were right Shels, I can't deny that. If this plays out the way it's looking I can't deny that. Floyd will probably fight again in Dec if he comes out victorious May 4th. That Cotto-Canelo fight is looking more and more likely to me now

Thanks, I just hope that this kids fights an able-body real soon.

I found it funny how GBP didn't completely write Cotto off after the Trout loss...they almost made it seem as if they still had him in mind, regardless of the loss. Cotto mentioned last week, that he was keeping his eye on the May 4th card, and he could possibly fight again in the fall. Hmmm...

Think about it, Cotto really didn't have any say-so on who he wanted to fight next, especially after the Trout loss...he lost all rights to speak up on picking the top guy. NOW, he has to wait and see what happens on May 4th...hoping that someone will perform well and call him out. I'm sure he'd still get the bigger split of the money because of his popularity, but he did mess up his chance to call the shots.

Marcus
QUOTE (mrchitown @ Feb 26 2013, 10:28 PM) *
Hahaha Check you aint never lied. I don't want that Canelo curse on me if I was a boxer. Nothing good comes from pre-agreeing to fight him

Crazy how Canelo is trying to call the shots. He first did it with Cotto and now he's trying to do it on Floyd too? Here I am thinking Guerrero is bad. This kid has people lining up to fight him and then he expects the top P4P fighter to do the same. All that hype is getting to his head. He needs to be humble and remember the person who made him famous on his undercard.

He has done NOTHING impressive, contributive, or admirable for boxing and he's calling the shots? Oh hell no..
And I'm 110% certain that himself and Floyd will meet down the road. That fight has Money and legendary written all over it. All he/Floyd have to do is keep racking up victories. He doesn't seem to understand that his only american fanbase is in the Mexican household. Fighting on a Mayweather undercard and taking a pay cut would be of greater benefit to him than fighting as a headliner with a bigger purse (Especially since Floyd already gave a clue that his PPV fight would be aired on CBS a week after fightnight). Commentators could begin hyping up the fight to casual fans. He would have an opportunity to perform on a greater platform (I hope in a spectacular fashion because that would make the dream fight that much more tantalizing). I'd say a good 2-3 fights more on Mayweather undercards and he'd be a star throughout different cultural bg's in America. Especially if he fights Cotto and Trout. And the older Floyd gets the more interesting, winnable, lucrative, and legacy defining that fight would be. This kid is rushing like he's 30 ready to leave the game. He's still young.

As for his oppomemet this kid needs to step it up if he's calling the shots. It costs to be the boss. It's obvious Canelo can't afford to pay the price with his resume. He signs on that dotted line against Trout and we'll see if he can call those shots. I think it would be wiser for him to fight Miguel Cotto first that way people would begin comparing these two fighters and advocating for that fight even more while Trout fights another JMW (molina, angulo, smith). Then the two could meet up in that squared circle. Cotto also has a ROD fanbase so Canelo-Cotto would be a success. And i Certainly know thats a fight i still want to see because i think Cotto will bring it, especially since it would be his last title shot.
mrchitown
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Feb 27 2013, 12:58 PM) *
Thanks, I just hope that this kids fights an able-body real soon.

I found it funny how GBP didn't completely write Cotto off after the Trout loss...they almost made it seem as if they still had him in mind, regardless of the loss. Cotto mentioned last week, that he was keeping his eye on the May 4th card, and he could possibly fight again in the fall. Hmmm...

Think about it, Cotto really didn't have any say-so on who he wanted to fight next, especially after the Trout loss...he lost all rights to speak up on picking the top guy. NOW, he has to wait and see what happens on May 4th...hoping that someone will perform well and call him out. I'm sure he'd still get the bigger split of the money because of his popularity, but he did mess up his chance to call the shots.

I was thinking the same thing about Cotto, I'm thinking they try to make this fight in September. I'm still leery about Floyd fighting in September, I'd think he'd come back in December. It's not a given that Canelo beats Trout and after all this stuff, I;m hoping more and more by the day that trout beats him and halts his free ride
mrchitown
QUOTE (Marcus @ Feb 27 2013, 05:12 PM) *
Crazy how Canelo is trying to call the shots. He first did it with Cotto and now he's trying to do it on Floyd too? Here I am thinking Guerrero is bad. This kid has people lining up to fight him and then he expects the top P4P fighter to do the same. All that hype is getting to his head. He needs to be humble and remember the person who made him famous on his undercard.

He has done NOTHING impressive, contributive, or admirable for boxing and he's calling the shots? Oh hell no..
And I'm 110% certain that himself and Floyd will meet down the road. That fight has Money and legendary written all over it. All he/Floyd have to do is keep racking up victories. He doesn't seem to understand that his only american fanbase is in the Mexican household. Fighting on a Mayweather undercard and taking a pay cut would be of greater benefit to him than fighting as a headliner with a bigger purse (Especially since Floyd already gave a clue that his PPV fight would be aired on CBS a week after fightnight). Commentators could begin hyping up the fight to casual fans. He would have an opportunity to perform on a greater platform (I hope in a spectacular fashion because that would make the dream fight that much more tantalizing). I'd say a good 2-3 fights more on Mayweather undercards and he'd be a star throughout different cultural bg's in America. Especially if he fights Cotto and Trout. And the older Floyd gets the more interesting, winnable, lucrative, and legacy defining that fight would be. This kid is rushing like he's 30 ready to leave the game. He's still young.

As for his oppomemet this kid needs to step it up if he's calling the shots. It costs to be the boss. It's obvious Canelo can't afford to pay the price with his resume. He signs on that dotted line against Trout and we'll see if he can call those shots. I think it would be wiser for him to fight Miguel Cotto first that way people would begin comparing these two fighters and advocating for that fight even more while Trout fights another JMW (molina, angulo, smith). Then the two could meet up in that squared circle. Cotto also has a ROD fanbase so Canelo-Cotto would be a success. And i Certainly know thats a fight i still want to see because i think Cotto will bring it, especially since it would be his last title shot.

Funny thing I never knew who the f*ck Canelo was til I saw him being mentioned in the same breath as Floyd. I don't think his team is telling him that like anything in life you have to pay your dues 1st then the perks will come. He's acting as of beating Rhodes and the "other" Hatton are career defining victories. Sooner or later this kid is going to get a reality check and for his sake he better hope it's not in the ring
Dolimite
QUOTE (Marcus @ Feb 27 2013, 03:12 PM) *

+1. This kid really is acting like a spoiled brat. I hope Trout rocks this boy.

QUOTE (mrchitown @ Feb 27 2013, 04:57 PM) *
Funny thing I never knew who the f*ck Canelo was til I saw him being mentioned in the same breath as Floyd. I don't think his team is telling him that like anything in life you have to pay your dues 1st then the perks will come. He's acting as of beating Rhodes and the "other" Hatton are career defining victories. Sooner or later this kid is going to get a reality check and for his sake he better hope it's not in the ring

Saul is a fool. His advisers really dropped the ball on this one. Welp that gives Broner and someone else the main stage. Let's hope it is someone good!
Cshel86
QUOTE (mrchitown @ Feb 27 2013, 07:50 PM) *
I was thinking the same thing about Cotto, I'm thinking they try to make this fight in September. I'm still leery about Floyd fighting in September, I'd think he'd come back in December. It's not a given that Canelo beats Trout and after all this stuff, I;m hoping more and more by the day that trout beats him and halts his free ride

We share the same sentiments, lol. He's officially believed his own hype, and that's usually a recipe for downfall.

Believe it or not, I'm starting to get this nagging feeling that he upsets Trout, rather than the other way around. Reason is, we all want to see him lose, and loss hardly ever materializes for that reason alone. Lol

Truthfully, I have no problem with Canelo or GBP...until both of their names are in the same sentence, which usually spells "fuckery".
mrchitown
QUOTE (Dolimite @ Feb 28 2013, 12:33 PM) *
Saul is a fool. His advisers really dropped the ball on this one. Welp that gives Broner and someone else the main stage. Let's hope it is someone good!

I'm hoping Broner does get that spot, this might be a blessing in disguise for some fighter. I wouldn't mind seeing the Mares-De Leon fight on the undercard either
daprofessor
QUOTE (checkleft @ Feb 26 2013, 11:27 PM) *

laugh.gif
daprofessor
QUOTE (mrchitown @ Feb 26 2013, 11:21 PM) *
I see what your saying, I agree he's pumping up the fight. I am one of the ones who called him a nut for calling Floyd out and I still don't think he deserves the fight but he did earn it by beating Aydin and Guerrero. He got into it with one of Floyd's employees on twitter not to long ago. It's entertainment and he's bringing that

And I just got a feeling that if Trout can put it all together that he can stop Canelo. But I see a decision W for Trout in that fight, I just hope he doesn't get robbed

that's looking very likely.
mrchitown
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Feb 28 2013, 01:11 PM) *
We share the same sentiments, lol. He's officially believed his own hype, and that's usually a recipe for downfall.

Believe it or not, I'm starting to get this nagging feeling that he upsets Trout, rather than the other way around. Reason is, we all want to see him lose, and loss hardly ever materializes for that reason alone. Lol

Truthfully, I have no problem with Canelo or GBP...until both of their names are in the same sentence, which usually spells "fuckery".

I don't know where or when the egotistical stuff came into play but I do remember after he beat one of his usual dead bodies, that in the post fight interview he said he wanted Mayweather and he'd fight the devil to get to Mayweather. Ever since then it's been this diva antics and I hate it.

You might be right, everytime...like clockwork the fans want a fighter to lose, that fighter almost always comes out victorious.

I'm hoping for a Trout win nonetheless but I hope he comes in with the mindset that he's fighting in enemy territory and he will have to "beat" Canelo not "win" to get the decision
Dolimite
QUOTE (mrchitown @ Feb 28 2013, 05:09 PM) *
I don't know where or when the egotistical stuff came into play but I do remember after he beat one of his usual dead bodies, that in the post fight interview he said he wanted Mayweather and he'd fight the devil to get to Mayweather. Ever since then it's been this diva antics and I hate it.

You might be right, everytime...like clockwork the fans want a fighter to lose, that fighter almost always comes out victorious.

I'm hoping for a Trout win nonetheless but I hope he comes in with the mindset that he's fighting in enemy territory and he will have to "beat" Canelo not "win" to get the decision

Think Chavez and Sweet Pea. Not only did Sweet Pea win he dominated Chavez and they still gave Chavez the draw. this will not be any different. Trout will to knock Red Head down in every round. He is the next Golden Boy, remember?
daprofessor
QUOTE (Dolimite @ Feb 28 2013, 08:55 PM) *
Think Chavez and Sweet Pea. Not only did Sweet Pea win he dominated Chavez and they still gave Chavez the draw. this will not be any different. Trout will to knock Red Head down in every round. He is the next Golden Boy, remember?

whitaker/chavez made me sick to my stomach. they did him wrong.
mrchitown
We could make a 10hr movie/documentary with all the bad decisions that have been made in boxing. That Whitaker-Chavez fight was just blatant buffoonery
Cshel86
QUOTE (mrchitown @ Feb 28 2013, 07:09 PM) *

Yeah I remember him saying that. I believe it was after he beat the stuffing out stuntman Cintron in Mexico.

EVERY time I wanted Manny to lose, it never happened. I got a little bit of joy out of the Bradley decision, but it was bittersweet. As soon as I stop giving a shit, Marquez left him snoozing on the canvas.

Hope he comes into the fight with a Marquez mindset, but if not, then we already know how this one will end. There's too much money to be made off Canelo, and his Mayweather fight was so "close" that I'm sure the judges and handlers of the fight wouldn't want to ruin a big money showdown.
mrchitown
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Feb 28 2013, 10:15 PM) *
Yeah I remember him saying that. I believe it was after he beat the stuffing out stuntman Cintron in Mexico.

EVERY time I wanted Manny to lose, it never happened. I got a little bit of joy out of the Bradley decision, but it was bittersweet. As soon as I stop giving a shit, Marquez left him snoozing on the canvas.

Hope he comes into the fight with a Marquez mindset, but if not, then we already know how this one will end. There's too much money to be made off Canelo, and his Mayweather fight was so "close" that I'm sure the judges and handlers of the fight wouldn't want to ruin a big money showdown.

He's going to need to because like you said, that Mayweather fight is dangling over Canelo's head and they don't want to see that vanish into thin air.
Cshel86
QUOTE (mrchitown @ Mar 1 2013, 01:56 AM) *
He's going to need to because like you said, that Mayweather fight is dangling over Canelo's head and they don't want to see that vanish into thin air.

Absolutely...hence why Marquez got jobbed in the 3rd Pac fight. The megafight still had a little steam left in it.
checkleft
Mares vs de Leon now on this bill. Not a good sign for Floyd if they are gonna have mares type officials that night
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.