Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Do you agree with Freddie??
FightHype Community > BOXING HYPE > Boxing
BrutUalBK
Why is it that whenever a fighter doesn't just simply stand there/go toe to toe with Pac or any of Roach's fighters he says it's running? The last I checked the sport is called "Boxing" not brawling, the art of hitting without being hit is being re-defined by Roach and all of those who follow Pac. Do you agree with this statement or with a fighter who is actually Boxing being called a Runner??

“I’ve heard Bradley say he’s going to take the fight to Ruslan. He said the same thing before his fight with Manny. And when he feels Ruslan’s power, like when he felt Manny’s, it’s going to be a remake of Forrest Gump. ‘Run, Timmy, run!’ This isn’t about Ruslan finishing what Manny started. It’s about duplicating it.”

Source: http://www.fightnews.com/Boxing/freddie-ro...373#more-174373
bnoles4life
QUOTE (BrutUalBK @ Feb 26 2013, 06:50 PM) *
Why is it that whenever a fighter doesn't just simply stand there/go toe to toe with Pac or any of Roach's fighters he says it's running? The last I checked the sport is called "Boxing" not brawling, the art of hitting without being hit is being re-defined by Roach and all of those who follow Pac. Do you agree with this statement or with a fighter who is actually Boxing being called a Runner??

“I’ve heard Bradley say he’s going to take the fight to Ruslan. He said the same thing before his fight with Manny. And when he feels Ruslan’s power, like when he felt Manny’s, it’s going to be a remake of Forrest Gump. ‘Run, Timmy, run!’ This isn’t about Ruslan finishing what Manny started. It’s about duplicating it.”

Source: http://www.fightnews.com/Boxing/freddie-ro...373#more-174373

Bradley didn't run in that fight, by no stretch of the imagination.
daprofessor
it's gamesmanship on freddies part. he's planting the seeds. i doubt bradley will fall for this...but the judges and public just may. we know hbo will be on freddies side.
p4pcrown
Freddie the frog forgot that Bradley was fighting on a bad knee and ankle. Did he win? No. Did he fight? Yes.
Marcus
QUOTE (daprofessor @ Feb 26 2013, 07:53 PM) *
it's gamesmanship on freddies part. he's planting the seeds. i doubt bradley will fall for this...but the judges and public just may. we know hbo will be on freddies side.

Look at the gamesman ship on Diaz's part though...

Article Link - http://www.boxingscene.com/?m=show&opt...3#ixzz2M3aAu8RI

“It don’t bother me at all. If you’re a winner, you got the right to say whatever you want. Floyd Mayweather, he’s a winner [so] he can talk all he wants and he has all the right to because he keeps winning. But when you lose every fight the previous year? when you get [Jorge] Linares beat, when you get [Amir] Khan beat, when you get Pacquiao knocked out and every other one of your fighters and then you go help the Olympic team and nobody gets a gold medal? – all he wants is attention”
“It doesn’t bother me. Hey, I’ll see Freddie Roach that night and he better bring his A game if he has a game. I got to feel a little sympathy for him as last year wasn’t a good year for him but if he wants attention we’ll give it to him. Maybe I’ll lend him a shoulder to cry on one of these days but for now, he has Provodnikov and I have Bradley”.

Ether..
scdrking2
Diaz shut that down quick. lol
BrutUalBK
QUOTE (p4pcrown @ Feb 26 2013, 07:53 PM) *
Freddie the frog forgot that Bradley was fighting on a bad knee and ankle. Did he win? No. Did he fight? Yes.

I thought he won even with a bad knee. Too bad Pac is too scared to rematch Bradley so we'd see TIm make it more obvious the 2nd time around.
daprofessor
QUOTE (Marcus @ Feb 26 2013, 09:01 PM) *

“It don’t bother me at all. If you’re a winner, you got the right to say whatever you want. Floyd Mayweather, he’s a winner [so] he can talk all he wants and he has all the right to because he keeps winning. But when you lose every fight the previous year? when you get [Jorge] Linares beat, when you get [Amir] Khan beat, when you get Pacquiao knocked out and every other one of your fighters and then you go help the Olympic team and nobody gets a gold medal? – all he wants is attention”
“It doesn’t bother me. Hey, I’ll see Freddie Roach that night and he better bring his A game if he has a game. I got to feel a little sympathy for him as last year wasn’t a good year for him but if he wants attention we’ll give it to him. Maybe I’ll lend him a shoulder to cry on one of these days but for now, he has Provodnikov and I have Bradley”.

Ether..

ouch. lmao! daaaayum. check mate. that was brutal.

on a different note....if i see one more dude throwing punches with his mouth wide open asking for his jaw to be broken....

smh.
aTYpicalTYrant
QUOTE (Marcus @ Feb 26 2013, 09:01 PM) *

Ether..

FLAWLESS VICTORY!
Cshel86
How did he "feel Manny's power", when half of Manny's punches didn't even land? Besides, it's not like Timmy had to worry about being hit for 2 or 2 1/2 mins anyway...because Manny only threw punches for the last 30-60 seconds of every round.

With that big Koopa Troopa dome of Timmy's, it's gonna take more than a few left hands to make it spin. Get the heck outta here Roach! How can man run, when his ankles are all jacked up?

Gotta respect the trash talk though...this fight has already gone under the radar, but hell, we are talking about a Bradley fight here.
mrchitown
Roach thinks using tools like angles and movement are running. He has 1 dimensional fighters because he's a 1 dimensional trainer. He tried to get at Team Bradley but Diaz came thru with that ether
mgrover
Someone that's watched boxing as much as Roach will obviously know that it isn't running and if you believe otherwise well...Look at what Angel Garcia managed to do to Khan. Seems like when any other trainer says something its pure gold, yet when Roach says it he's completely one dimensional. Also I'd be interested how Selcuk Aydin would with Roach working on that none existant left hand

Forgot to answer the question. No
p4pcrown
QUOTE (BrutUalBK @ Feb 26 2013, 08:13 PM) *
I thought he won even with a bad knee. Too bad Pac is too scared to rematch Bradley so we'd see TIm make it more obvious the 2nd time around.

He won on the scorecards but I don't think any logical individual actually thought he won the fight. Lol...I don't even think Bradley thought he won the fight until it was announced.
mrchitown
QUOTE (mgrover @ Feb 26 2013, 08:37 PM) *
Someone that's watched boxing as much as Roach will obviously know that it isn't running and if you believe otherwise well...Look at what Angel Garcia managed to do to Khan. Seems like when any other trainer says something its pure gold, yet when Roach says it he's completely one dimensional. Also I'd be interested how Selcuk Aydin would with Roach working on that none existant left hand

Forgot to answer the question. No

So what are you trying to say here exactly bruh?!
checkleft
QUOTE (Marcus @ Feb 26 2013, 08:01 PM) *

Ether..

Dolimite
Freddie needs to shut up because his fighters are on the down side and they are leaving. Chavez got his ass beat, Pac is still sleeping, Khan left, and all his fighters to a L! If I were Freddie I would let my fighters do the talking and not a trainer. In my opinion Freddie's technique is archaic and people are catching up with his style. His fighters do not have a plan B. And Pac couldn't KO Tim because he had no idea how to cut off the ring and walk Tim down. He did not use his jab and he was only looking for power punches that strangely did not hurt Tim. Tim maybe a boring fighter but he is very skilled and he always finds a way to win. Shut up Roach!
checkleft
And kinda ironic that the guy that trained Khan is complaining about running.
mgrover
QUOTE (mrchitown @ Feb 27 2013, 02:49 AM) *
So what are you trying to say here exactly bruh?!

That I don't agree with him lol also I'd be curious what he can do for Aydin
mitukczuk
Can't stand Roach, lately. With his recent "accomplishments" he should be the one receiving smack all day. I wish Bradley wins this fight, I feel sorry for him. He is a good dude and a solid boxer - nevermind the headbutts.
checkleft
QUOTE (mitukczuk @ Feb 27 2013, 07:48 AM) *
Can't stand Roach, lately. With his recent "accomplishments" he should be the one receiving smack all day. I wish Bradley wins this fight, I feel sorry for him. He is a good dude and a solid boxer - nevermind the headbutts.

I don't really think the headbutts are on purpose. His dome is just so big I think it just gets in the way when he's in fighting, most of the headbutts in the Alexander fight were devons fault. Who the hell lunges in wildly like that against a opposite stance opponent? but him and Joel diaz make a great pair. They are both very cerebral and put down and follow a game plan very well, something roach and his fighters dont do very well.
mitukczuk
QUOTE (checkleft @ Feb 27 2013, 09:45 AM) *
I don't really think the headbutts are on purpose. His dome is just so big I think it just gets in the way when he's in fighting, most of the headbutts in the Alexander fight were devons fault. Who the hell lunges in wildly like that against a opposite stance opponent? but him and Joel diaz make a great pair. They are both very cerebral and put down and follow a game plan very well, something roach and his fighters dont do very well.

I don't think they are intentional either. They just somehow...occur in almost all his fights. I hope Timmy will switch promoters after his contract expires. I wish him nothing but the best..........and some extra fans would not hurt too.
Franchize
If Bradley was running, all that does is further expose the fact that Freddy Roach trained fighters don't know how to cut a ring off.
Cshel86
QUOTE (Franchize @ Feb 27 2013, 01:20 PM) *
If Bradley was running, all that does is further expose the fact that Freddy Roach trained fighters don't know how to cut a ring off.

This is in the bible somewhere...
BrutUalBK
QUOTE (p4pcrown @ Feb 26 2013, 09:39 PM) *
He won on the scorecards but I don't think any logical individual actually thought he won the fight. Lol...I don't even think Bradley thought he won the fight until it was announced.

Well, just call me Mr. Illogical because I thought Pac lost that fight, he was swinging and missing mostly and Bradley displayed all the things that Pac didn't in that fight:
Ring Generalship: Bradley
Effective Aggression: Bradley
Defense: Bradley
Clean Punching: Bradley

Pac had Aggression but it was mostly ineffective and if you call all of that screaming by the audience thinking he was landing as the reason he won then you need to take another look at that fight without the worst commentating in boxing history (they called nothing for Tim in that fight) and turn down the volume then watch it without bias one way or the other.

Pac lost IMO by more than 2 rounds, sorry we probably won't agree but I saw it without all the Pac hype and screaming/ridiculous HBO commentary and that is the way I saw it.
mrchitown
QUOTE (mgrover @ Feb 27 2013, 05:55 AM) *
That I don't agree with him lol also I'd be curious what he can do for Aydin

You think he can really help him? I only saw Aydin fight twice and that was against Guerrero and Karass.
mgrover
QUOTE (mrchitown @ Feb 28 2013, 12:24 AM) *
You think he can really help him? I only saw Aydin fight twice and that was against Guerrero and Karass.

With a non existant left hand yeah sure he can turn Aydin into the offensive fighter he wants to be.
bnoles4life
QUOTE (Marcus @ Feb 26 2013, 08:01 PM) *

Ether..

That's that "ooops" (then look around to see who was listening) type sh*t right there.
bnoles4life
QUOTE (checkleft @ Feb 26 2013, 10:14 PM) *
And kinda ironic that the guy that trained Khan is complaining about running.

BAM!!!!
HazConvictedFelonMane
Well if Freddie knew how to move in there he probably wouldn't have been on the receiving end of 13 butt whoopings. He wouldn't be suffering today if he would've moved his head instead of using it to block punches. One would think that Freddie would be an advocate of the sweet science (hit and don't get hit) but he sent Manny in there to mix it up. Don't be surprised if Manny doesn't look like Freddie and Ali in 15 years. I don't agree with Freddie at all. God gave us 2 legs to use. The sport gives you between 16 & 22 feet to use your god given legs so why not use them? As I've always stated, you would not stand out in the open during a gun fight. You would take cover and look for spots to take your shots. You would avoid enemy fire at all costs. You wouldn't walk head or chest first into a hail of bullets. Boxing is kind of the same thing. It's war man. That guy wants to kill you in there. Freddie's approach is flawed and he's setting his fighters up to suffer the same condition he's troubled with right now.
Dolimite
QUOTE (HazConvictedFelonMane @ Mar 2 2013, 07:25 AM) *
Well if Freddie knew how to move in there he probably wouldn't have been on the receiving end of 13 butt whoopings. He wouldn't be suffering today if he would've moved his head instead of using it to block punches. One would think that Freddie would be an advocate of the sweet science (hit and don't get hit) but he sent Manny in there to mix it up. Don't be surprised if Manny doesn't look like Freddie and Ali in 15 years. I don't agree with Freddie at all. God gave us 2 legs to use. The sport gives you between 16 & 22 feet to use your god given legs so why not use them? As I've always stated, you would not stand out in the open during a gun fight. You would take cover and look for spots to take your shots. You would avoid enemy fire at all costs. You wouldn't walk head or chest first into a hail of bullets. Boxing is kind of the same thing. It's war man. That guy wants to kill you in there. Freddie's approach is flawed and he's setting his fighters up to suffer the same condition he's troubled with right now.

Haz you fail to realize that none of Roach's fighters are boxers they are all brawlers and for some reason the masses think that a brawler can out fight a boxer. They look at too many Rocky movies and think this is what boxing is about. Which is why people still think that Manny's power and speed would destroy Floyd. If they were students of the game all they had to do is look at May vs. Judah. Judah had speed and power and could not do anything with it. James Tony had speed and power Roy Jones iced that. Lewis iced out Tyson who had speed and power. Like Uncle Roger said, speed don't means shit unless you know how to use it. Freddie is an offensive minded trainer. All his fighters lost to boxers! He is a one trick pony. He can only teach one way, his fighters never can adjust in the ring they only know one speed.
mgrover
QUOTE (Dolimite @ Mar 2 2013, 09:20 PM) *
James Tony had speed and power Roy Jones iced that. Lewis iced out Tyson who had speed and power. Like Uncle Roger said, speed don't means shit unless you know how to use it.

Those are bad examples haha, it was Roy Jones who had the reflexes and speed of a god, and Toney who was the boxer. Lewis iced out an old Tyson way past it Tyson that was realistically nothing more than a puncher. The rest I can't disagree with.
Cheesey1
QUOTE (BrutUalBK @ Feb 27 2013, 06:25 PM) *
Well, just call me Mr. Illogical because I thought Pac lost that fight, he was swinging and missing mostly and Bradley displayed all the things that Pac didn't in that fight:
Ring Generalship: Bradley
Effective Aggression: Bradley
Defense: Bradley
Clean Punching: Bradley

Pac had Aggression but it was mostly ineffective and if you call all of that screaming by the audience thinking he was landing as the reason he won then you need to take another look at that fight without the worst commentating in boxing history (they called nothing for Tim in that fight) and turn down the volume then watch it without bias one way or the other.

Pac lost IMO by more than 2 rounds, sorry we probably won't agree but I saw it without all the Pac hype and screaming/ridiculous HBO commentary and that is the way I saw it.

I'm also part of the 'Illogical' family then.
Dolimite
QUOTE (mgrover @ Mar 2 2013, 03:02 PM) *
Those are bad examples haha, it was Roy Jones who had the reflexes and speed of a god, and Toney who was the boxer. Lewis iced out an old Tyson way past it Tyson that was realistically nothing more than a puncher. The rest I can't disagree with.

James Tony was pretty fast, Jones was faster. Tyson still had power and speed. Lewis did ice, Lewis was not faster than Tyson in that fight, his timing and boxing skills were better than Mike. IMO
mgrover
QUOTE (Dolimite @ Mar 3 2013, 12:17 AM) *
James Tony was pretty fast, Jones was faster. Tyson still had power and speed. Lewis did ice, Lewis was not faster than Tyson in that fight, his timing and boxing skills were better than Mike. IMO

I don't know I think it was simply a matter that Tyson's style was more suited to a younger man.
mrchitown
QUOTE (Dolimite @ Mar 2 2013, 03:20 PM) *
Haz you fail to realize that none of Roach's fighters are boxers they are all brawlers and for some reason the masses think that a brawler can out fight a boxer. They look at too many Rocky movies and think this is what boxing is about. Which is why people still think that Manny's power and speed would destroy Floyd. If they were students of the game all they had to do is look at May vs. Judah. Judah had speed and power and could not do anything with it. James Tony had speed and power Roy Jones iced that. Lewis iced out Tyson who had speed and power. Like Uncle Roger said, speed don't means shit unless you know how to use it. Freddie is an offensive minded trainer. All his fighters lost to boxers! He is a one trick pony. He can only teach one way, his fighters never can adjust in the ring they only know one speed.

Judah controlled the 1st four or five rds of that fight and when fans look at the replay, he should've been awarded a KD because that straight left made Mayweather's right glove touch the canvas

I can't agree with you that Lennox boring ass iced Tyson, maybe if he would've KO'd him in the earlier rds. He fought a faded Tyson, not saying he wouldn't have beaten Tyson in his prime but he did what he was supposed to do in that fight, nothing special

For the record, I think Mike would've beat him in their primes but the 2002 Tyson, anyone with common sense knew why Mike was in the ring that night
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.