Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: which up coming fight are you most excited about..
FightHype Community > BOXING HYPE > Boxing
daprofessor
canelo/trout

mayweather/guerrero

donaire/rigondeaux

garcia/judah

mares/ponce deleon

rios/alvarez 2

did i miss any?
Plah
Canelo/Trout

Rigo/Nonito

Floyd/Guerrero

Mares/Ponce

Garcia/Judah

Rios/Alvarado

In that order... and I don't know why are they doing Rios-Alvarado 2
daprofessor
QUOTE (Plah @ Feb 28 2013, 09:39 PM) *
Canelo/Trout

Rigo/Nonito

Floyd/Guerrero

Mares/Ponce

Garcia/Judah

Rios/Alvarado

In that order... and I don't know why are they doing Rios-Alvarado 2

me neither.
Jovi
Rigondeaux/Donaire- looking to forward to this, cant wait I think rigondeaux will prevail victorious, but if nonito wins then i aint mad, its gonna be a war.

Canelo/Trout- I hope this is free, then I'll be excited. Going to be a real test for both of them, could go either way. I wouldn't be able to put money on this one but i cant wait to see it.

Mayweather/Guerrero- Gonna be good to see mayweather back in the ring. I wonder if he turned it up and went Super Saiyen. I just want to see whatever 24/7 type show for this already.

Rios/Alvarado- idk why they needed a rematch, hopefully Rios fights Broner soon.
Dolimite
QUOTE (daprofessor @ Feb 28 2013, 04:13 PM) *
canelo/trout

mayweather/guerrero

donaire/rigondeaux

garcia/judah

mares/ponce deleon

rios/alvarez 2

did i miss any?

Donaire/Rigo
Trout/Red Head
Judad/Swift
Mayweather/ Guerrero
Rios/Alvarez 2
Mares/ Ponce

You are missing Mayweather Sr. and Guerrero Sr. I got daddy Mayweather in that one!

Wait Hopkins and Cloud!
daprofessor
QUOTE (Dolimite @ Feb 28 2013, 10:10 PM) *
Donaire/Rigo
Trout/Red Head
Judad/Swift
Mayweather/ Guerrero
Rios/Alvarez 2
Mares/ Ponce

You are missing Mayweather Sr. and Guerrero Sr. I got daddy Mayweather in that one!

Wait Hopkins and Cloud!

how did that even start? i'm NOT cool on seeing the old men go at it. it's not even fair. laugh.gif
VJones
QUOTE (daprofessor @ Feb 28 2013, 08:13 PM) *
canelo/trout

mayweather/guerrero

donaire/rigondeaux

garcia/judah

mares/ponce deleon

rios/alvarez 2

did i miss any?

1. Mayweather/Guerrero - Not so much for the fight itself, but to see Floyd back in the ring. I love watching this man box. A thing of beauty. And an unmatched ring-IQ. Plus I enjoy the pageantry of a Mayweather fight...and even some of the nonsense. FM Sr. and G Sr. are already going at it hard. I find this bit of nonsense a slight entertaining but mostly...uncomfortable. Just think they are way too old for all of that. But I'm sure it'll help sell the fight. Oh yes, and I'm going on record now (something I never do this early, Prof) to say, Robert gets stopped within 10. TKO or on his stool. Floyd tires him by making him hunt and miss, takes him to the deep waters and drowns him. It'll look like the love-child of the Hatton/Mosley outcomes.

2. Hopkins/Cloud - I'm super-stoked for this one. I like B-Hop a lot, as a fighter and a person. And I'm a big history buff. If Bernard wins, he puts an extra bow on his legacy and retires with true legendary status. I like his chances. Too smart. Too slick. Too gutter. Cloud relies on his physicality. Bernard on IQ, ring generalship, and defense. I chose brain over brawn.

3. Canelo/Trout - Just wanna see this kid (Canelo) tested and in the ring finally with someone in his own weight class. Trout has the ability to win and all the advantages, imo. But if I'm honest, prior to the Cotto fight, there was a mental/emotional weakness about him. I think if he uses the win over Cotto as momentum and a confidence boost...he wins this fight. And maybe easily. Too big. Too fast. Too slick.

4. Garcia/Judah - Good, competitive match-up. It's a pick 'em fight. I like the mystery involved in this one. Which Judah shows up? The mentally weak one? The God-centered grounded one? And what about Garcia. Is there more to him than that left hook? Was he faking the injury? So many questions. Let's get 'em answered in the ring!

5. Mares/Ponce De Leon - I've grown to respect Abner Mares. I like how he went after the Donaire fight and insisted that GBP do their best to make the fight. Mares is likable and marketable. I want to see how he does in this new weight class.

6. Rigo/Donaire - Just really dislike Donaire. And everytime he or someone on his team opens his/their mouth, it makes him more unlikable. A year ago, he stated that he will fight anyone, even if they're on PEDs because he knows he'll beat them regardless...now he's singing a new tune. And every week its something else. He seems to really not want to get in the ring with Rigo. I actually think Donaire will win the fight. Rigo's last couple of outings were disappointing and I readjusted my opinion on who wins. However, I think Rigo will test Donaire and expose his flaws. He, like his countryman, Pac need a guy to come straight forward. A slick boxer like Rigo will probably make him look bad.

Not interested in Rios/Alvarado II. Slugfest for slugfest sake bores me. Sweet science. Anything else is just uncivilized. wink.gif
leonthegee
Floyd/Ghost
Matthysse/Peterson
Rigo/Donaire
Canelo/Trout
Garcia/Judah
VJones
QUOTE (Jovi @ Feb 28 2013, 10:02 PM) *
Rigondeaux/Donaire- looking to forward to this, cant wait I think rigondeaux will prevail victorious, but if nonito wins then i aint mad, its gonna be a war.

Canelo/Trout- I hope this is free, then I'll be excited. Going to be a real test for both of them, could go either way. I wouldn't be able to put money on this one but i cant wait to see it.

Mayweather/Guerrero- Gonna be good to see mayweather back in the ring. I wonder if he turned it up and went Super Saiyen. I just want to see whatever 24/7 type show for this already.

Rios/Alvarado- idk why they needed a rematch, hopefully Rios fights Broner soon.

Yeah, Canelo/Trout is free, as it should be.

Doubt we ever see Broner/Rios unless Rios leaves Top Rank...

QUOTE (Dolimite @ Feb 28 2013, 10:10 PM) *
Donaire/Rigo
Trout/Red Head
Judad/Swift
Mayweather/ Guerrero
Rios/Alvarez 2
Mares/ Ponce

Wait Hopkins and Cloud!

I'm with you on May Sr. winning that one! He is sooo ripped for a 60 year old...Not that being ripped necessarily translates to strength, but considering he's a former boxer AND had a taste for that street life...yeah, my money's on him too!
daprofessor
QUOTE (VJones @ Feb 28 2013, 11:28 PM) *
1. Mayweather/Guerrero - Not so much for the fight itself, but to see Floyd back in the ring. I love watching this man box. A thing of beauty. And an unmatched ring-IQ. Plus I enjoy the pageantry of a Mayweather fight...and even some of the nonsense. FM Sr. and G Sr. are already going at it hard. I find this bit of nonsense a slight entertaining but mostly...uncomfortable. Just think they are way too old for all of that. But I'm sure it'll help sell the fight. Oh yes, and I'm going on record now (something I never do this early, Prof) to say, Robert gets stopped within 10. TKO or on his stool. Floyd tires him by making him hunt and miss, takes him to the deep waters and drowns him. It'll look like the love-child of the Hatton/Mosley outcomes.

2. Hopkins/Cloud - I'm super-stoked for this one. I like B-Hop a lot, as a fighter and a person. And I'm a big history buff. If Bernard wins, he puts an extra bow on his legacy and retires with true legendary status. I like his chances. Too smart. Too slick. Too gutter. Cloud relies on his physicality. Bernard on IQ, ring generalship, and defense. I chose brain over brawn.

3. Canelo/Trout - Just wanna see this kid (Canelo) tested and in the ring finally with someone in his own weight class. Trout has the ability to win and all the advantages, imo. But if I'm honest, prior to the Cotto fight, there was a mental/emotional weakness about him. I think if he uses the win over Cotto as momentum and a confidence boost...he wins this fight. And maybe easily. Too big. Too fast. Too slick.

4. Garcia/Judah - Good, competitive match-up. It's a pick 'em fight. I like the mystery involved in this one. Which Judah shows up? The mentally weak one? The God-centered grounded one? And what about Garcia. Is there more to him than that left hook? Was he faking the injury? So many questions. Let's get 'em answered in the ring!

5. Mares/Ponce De Leon - I've grown to respect Abner Mares. I like how he went after the Donaire fight and insisted that GBP do their best to make the fight. Mares is likable and marketable. I want to see how he does in this new weight class.

6. Rigo/Donaire - Just really dislike Donaire. And everytime he or someone on his team opens his/their mouth, it makes him more unlikable. A year ago, he stated that he will fight anyone, even if they're on PEDs because he knows he'll beat them regardless...now he's singing a new tune. And every week its something else. He seems to really not want to get in the ring with Rigo. I actually think Donaire will win the fight. Rigo's last couple of outings were disappointing and I readjusted my opinion on who wins. However, I think Rigo will test Donaire and expose his flaws. He, like his countryman, Pac need a guy to come straight forward. A slick boxer like Rigo will probably make him look bad.

Not interested in Rios/Alvarado II. Slugfest for slugfest sake bores me. Sweet science. Anything else is just uncivilized. wink.gif

great breakdown of each fight!

i am not sure floyd stops guerrero...but i'll remember u said it! bold prediction.

hopkins is gutter when the opponent isn't. cloud is gutter...i think he makes it rough...but bhop can definitely out-skill him. it's going to be interesting. i stopped betting against bhop a long time ago. wouldn't be shocked if he won.

i'm thinking trout schools canelo. i hope everything is on the level and they get some fair officials for that one.

garcia is going to end judah's run. this will be his 9th life. party is over. garcia has a lot more than ppl think.

mares should beat deleon. both can be hit.

rios/alvarez doesn't interest me at all.
Cshel86
Alexander/Brook

I'm ready to see how he fairs against Devon. I saw him struggle against Carson Jones, but we'll see if things changed since then.
mrchitown
I'm going to the Mayweather-Guerrero fight so I'm very interested in that but TBH I'm excited about all the matchups. It's been pretty dry to start the year off and soon we'll be bombarded with more fights then we can manage.

I did want to attend the B-Hop fight as I think he's going to expose Tavoris. But my girl still has nightmares from the 1st Hopkins-Dawson fight and that's not going to happen because she said she'll never attend another one of his fights lol... She does want to go to the Garcia-Judah fight so I might look into that
VJones
QUOTE (daprofessor @ Feb 28 2013, 11:42 PM) *
great breakdown of each fight!

i am not sure floyd stops guerrero...but i'll remember u said it! bold prediction.

hopkins is gutter when the opponent isn't. cloud is gutter...i think he makes it rough...but bhop can definitely out-skill him. it's going to be interesting. is stopped betting against bhop a long time ago. wouldn't be shocked if he won.

i'm thinking trout schools canelo. i hope everything is on the level and they get some fair officials for that one.

garcia is going to end judah's run. this will be his 9th life. party is over. garcia has a lot more than ppl think.

mares should beat deleon. both can be hit.

rios/alvarez doesn't interest me at all.

It was pretty bold, wasn't it. lol. I noticed two things about Robert in the Berto fight: He doesn't like being hit to the body and he appeared tired after about 6 rounds. I think what made the difference is Berto wasn't mentally prepared for Robert's grit (nor dirty tactics) and he's just not a fighter that can make adjustments. Berto was in great physical shape, but he underestimated Roberts chin and tenacity. Golden Boy has always presented Robert as a "class act" and I think they initially had him in mind as torch recipient to Oscar...until Ortiz, that is (ever noticed that barely masked hatred/jealousy the Ghost has for Victor?)...my point, Robert is not the clean, polished guy they've always portrayed him. The boy is a thug. And I'm sure the hardships of the last few years have hardened him even more.

I think, Andre Berto thought he was going to be the thug in that fight. lol

Bottom line: What Floyd does masterfully, is everything Robert will struggle with. I rarely hear anyone talk about/praise Mayweather's body shots. But he destroys guys, breaking them down softly, gradually, from round 1 with stiff shots to the solar plexis, hooks to the body. It doesn't appear so gruesome...but its the slow death. I know if I noticed Robert's discomfort every time Berto touched his body, Floyd (and Roger and Pops and Jeff) all did too! Berto seemed to be the only one who didn't notice. lol.

And then there's Floyd's reach. Robert won't be able to smother him as he did with Berto. And he can't outbox him. So what's left....?

I don't think it's an easy fight for Floyd per se. But I think Floyd will go to Robert's body from round one. Robert will slowly wither. And by 10, I'm calling a code. =)

QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Feb 28 2013, 11:55 PM) *
Alexander/Brook

I'm ready to see how he fairs against Devon. I saw him struggle against Carson Jones, but we'll see if things changed since then.

Yes, I'm looking forward to this one too. I think Devon takes it. Too many holes in Brook. Devon may be strangely boring (I say strangely, because he has all the tools, but wields them in the most awkward of ways), but he is a good solid boxer. Even talented. I do hate the noises he makes. Smh. But I think he's actually talented, just not fun to watch. I think Brook is still in the "potential" stage. I think he picked the wrong opponent to shine.

Of course, Devon often disappoints. So who knows! lol

QUOTE (mrchitown @ Mar 1 2013, 12:37 AM) *
I'm going to the Mayweather-Guerrero fight so I'm very interested in that but TBH I'm excited about all the matchups. It's been pretty dry to start the year off and soon we'll be bombarded with more fights then we can manage.

I did want to attend the B-Hop fight as I think he's going to expose Tavoris. But my girl still has nightmares from the 1st Hopkins-Dawson fight and that's not going to happen because she said she'll never attend another one of his fights lol... She does want to go to the Garcia-Judah fight so I might look into that

So, true. We've had quite the drought...disappointing postponements and cancellations...and now a lot of fights to look forward to!

BHOP is definitely an acquired taste! But I think Chad should at least take half the blame for the boredom and theatrics of their fights. lol
VJones
I forgot Martinez/Murray. I'm interested in seeing how Sergio looks after surgery.
Jovi
As for Rigondeaux; Do you guys really think his last 2 outings he slacked? I've always liked his style since i first seen him. his last 2 were his best fights to me. That TKO on teon kennedy and then decimating Marroquin. Marroquin is no joke either, he beat Broner and Gary russell jr in his amateur career, so he must know how to do something. I must be his only fan on the forum lol.

I forgot about Bhop/Cloud- I think Bhop by KO, as long as his punches still have alil weight on them, i see him putting down cloud, chin looked very question against Campillo, a fight which he shouldve lost.

I'm looking forward to Pacquiao coming back too

mgrover
canelo/trout

I've been praying for this day, the day Canelo fights an actual legitimate 154lber and tears are now down my eyes from joy. I hope he gets done to him what Martinez did to Chavez Jr

mayweather/guerrero
There's quite a bit of hype surrounding this, like daprofessors says the upset isn't impossible if the moons align for The Ghost.

donaire/rigondeaux
I don't know, I think Donaire takes it, it may not be pretty but I think Donaire can hurt him.

garcia/judah
Garcia seems to constantly throw power shots, am sure he'll tire, it's a big if Judah hasn't already quit or found a way out.

rios/alvarez 2
Slug fest, Life expectancy to drop a couple of years. If Alvarez doesn't attempt the shoulder roll he can win. Also if he doesn't gas
VJones
QUOTE (Jovi @ Mar 1 2013, 04:38 AM) *
As for Rigondeaux; Do you guys really think his last 2 outings he slacked? I've always liked his style since i first seen him. his last 2 were his best fights to me. That TKO on teon kennedy and then decimating Marroquin. Marroquin is no joke either, he beat Broner and Gary russell jr in his amateur career, so he must know how to do something. I must be his only fan on the forum lol.

I forgot about Bhop/Cloud- I think Bhop by KO, as long as his punches still have alil weight on them, i see him putting down cloud, chin looked very question against Campillo, a fight which he shouldve lost.

It's not so much that he slacked...more so that he wasn't as impressive as I thought he should be...even in victory. There were moments he seemed tentative...almost bored, unfocused. And sometimes he's slow to put his foot on the gas.

But I'm with you...loved his style when I first layed eyes on him! Still do. I just thnk he hasn't turned up the dial and showed us that next level. That pro level. He's still handling himself somewhat like an points/Olympic fighter. I'm interested to see how Pedro Diaz works out for him as new trainer.

QUOTE (mgrover @ Mar 1 2013, 05:55 AM) *
canelo/trout

I've been praying for this day, the day Canelo fights an actual legitimate 154lber and tears are now down my eyes from joy. I hope he gets done to him what Martinez did to Chavez Jr

mayweather/guerrero
There's quite a bit of hype surrounding this, like daprofessors says the upset isn't impossible if the moons align for The Ghost.

donaire/rigondeaux
I don't know, I think Donaire takes it, it may not be pretty but I think Donaire can hurt him.

garcia/judah
Garcia seems to constantly throw power shots, am sure he'll tire, it's a big if Judah hasn't already quit or found a way out.

rios/alvarez 2
Slug fest, Life expectancy to drop a couple of years. If Alvarez doesn't attempt the shoulder roll he can win. Also if he doesn't gas

Lol...at the tears and Alvarado trying the shoulder roll. Good stuff.

Saw a vid recently of Tim Bradley and his trainer doing pad work. Mayweather style. It's taking over like Gangnam in boxing. Lol
Not necessarily a bad thing to train like him...follow his work ethic. I draw a line at the persona clones (uh hem...Broner), though. And those that wake up one fight morning and just out of pure crazy decide to employ the technique for the first time, in an important fight (uh hem...Berto).
Dolimite
QUOTE (daprofessor @ Feb 28 2013, 07:25 PM) *
how did that even start? i'm cool on seeing the old men go at it. it's not even fair. laugh.gif

Professor the two dad's have been wolfing at each other saying that if either guy steps out of line they are going to fight. Sr. Guerrero said he would beat Floyd's ass and Sr. didn't like that so he said he would beat Guerrero Sr.'s ass. So the press conferences should be interesting. I am surprised you have not heard of all the BS, it is actually pretty funny to hear a 50 and 60 year old men talk smack!
checkleft
QUOTE (mrchitown @ Feb 28 2013, 11:37 PM) *

I'm with you here. Bring anything on, lamont and Lucas have been a bright spot in a very dark start to the year.
daprofessor
QUOTE (Jovi @ Mar 1 2013, 05:38 AM) *

yeah...i don't get why everyone is dismissive of rigondeaux. i continue to be very impressed. he pretty much shut marroquin out. he got caught with a couple shots...but he stayed poised and still maintained control. marroquin gives anyone a tough fight in the division.
daprofessor
QUOTE (Dolimite @ Mar 1 2013, 02:43 PM) *
Professor the two dad's have been wolfing at each other saying that if either guy steps out of line they are going to fight. Sr. Guerrero said he would beat Floyd's ass and Sr. didn't like that so he said he would beat Guerrero Sr.'s ass. So the press conferences should be interesting. I am surprised you have not heard of all the BS, it is actually pretty funny to hear a 50 and 60 year old men talk smack!

i'm sure all of this was spurred on by some hack journalist. it's ridiculous and not even worthy of covering.
daprofessor
QUOTE (VJones @ Mar 1 2013, 03:40 AM) *
It was pretty bold, wasn't it. lol. I noticed two things about Robert in the Berto fight: He doesn't like being hit to the body and he appeared tired after about 6 rounds. I think what made the difference is Berto wasn't mentally prepared for Robert's grit (nor dirty tactics) and he's just not a fighter that can make adjustments. Berto was in great physical shape, but he underestimated Roberts chin and tenacity. Golden Boy has always presented Robert as a "class act" and I think they initially had him in mind as torch recipient to Oscar...until Ortiz, that is (ever noticed that barely masked hatred/jealousy the Ghost has for Victor?)...my point, Robert is not the clean, polished guy they've always portrayed him. The boy is a thug. And I'm sure the hardships of the last few years have hardened him even more.

I think, Andre Berto thought he was going to be the thug in that fight. lol

Bottom line: What Floyd does masterfully, is everything Robert will struggle with. I rarely hear anyone talk about/praise Mayweather's body shots. But he destroys guys, breaking them down softly, gradually, from round 1 with stiff shots to the solar plexis, hooks to the body. It doesn't appear so gruesome...but its the slow death. I know if I noticed Robert's discomfort every time Berto touched his body, Floyd (and Roger and Pops and Jeff) all did too! Berto seemed to be the only one who didn't notice. lol.

And then there's Floyd's reach. Robert won't be able to smother him as he did with Berto. And he can't outbox him. So what's left....?

I don't think it's an easy fight for Floyd per se. But I think Floyd will go to Robert's body from round one. Robert will slowly wither. And by 10, I'm calling a code. =)

spoken like a student of the game. not a bad assessment. i agree with you on what floyd does with his body work. what i think needs to be considered is that robert isn't one dimensional. he's capable of switching things up. as far as the reach is concerned....cotto didn't have a reach advantage, nor did mosley...and if they were able to put hands on floyd...so will guerrero.
Franchize
Key to Robert's gameplan IMO is to not attack unless it's behind the jab. We've seen Cotto have success behind the jab somewhat. If you come in with power punches, Floyd is going to spark that ass up all night. Mayweather isn't worried about landing hard. He's rather hit you 5 clean times and disrupt your rhythm.

Underrated factor in this fight, and I always say it, is Floyd's jab to the body. He did it vs ODLH. He did it vs Hatton. He did it vs Cotto. It seems like a range fighter in the 1st 2 rounds. Then you notice his opponents curling up trying to block it. Next thing you know, out comes that right hand.
daprofessor
QUOTE (Franchize @ Mar 1 2013, 05:19 PM) *
Key to Robert's gameplan IMO is to not attack unless it's behind the jab. We've seen Cotto have success behind the jab somewhat. If you come in with power punches, Floyd is going to spark that ass up all night. Mayweather isn't worried about landing hard. He's rather hit you 5 clean times and disrupt your rhythm.

Underrated factor in this fight, and I always say it, is Floyd's jab to the body. He did it vs ODLH. He did it vs Hatton. He did it vs Cotto. It seems like a range fighter in the 1st 2 rounds. Then you notice his opponents curling up trying to block it. Next thing you know, out comes that right hand.

i agree. intelligent pressure...not mindless pressure. that's the key.
Dolimite
QUOTE (daprofessor @ Mar 1 2013, 02:54 PM) *
i agree. intelligent pressure...not mindless pressure. that's the key.

Intelligence and Guerrero is like saying black unity, only a myth. LOL, so my money is on May.
daprofessor
QUOTE (Dolimite @ Mar 1 2013, 09:32 PM) *
Intelligence and Guerrero is like saying black unity, only a myth. LOL, so my money is on May.

laugh.gif we'll see.
Cshel86
QUOTE (Dolimite @ Mar 1 2013, 09:32 PM) *

It is
Dolimite
QUOTE (daprofessor @ Mar 1 2013, 12:25 PM) *
i'm sure all of this was spurred on by some hack journalist. it's ridiculous and not even worthy of covering.

I think Sr. Guerrero started it and Sr. Mayweather took it to the next level. Either way both men should not act like kids. I mean come on, this is not about yawl it is about yawl's kids. Playing devil's advocate I am excited for the press conference! And Fight Camp 360!
aTYpicalTYrant
I most excited for The bout between Lamont Peterson and Lucas Matthyse! I just moved back home to Maryland and I just realized I have never been to a major boxing event. I'm so ashamed to even TYpe that lol. I need to change that for sure.
mrchitown
QUOTE (Dolimite @ Mar 2 2013, 03:26 PM) *
I think Sr. Guerrero started it and Sr. Mayweather took it to the next level. Either way both men should not act like kids. I mean come on, this is not about yawl it is about yawl's kids. Playing devil's advocate I am excited for the press conference! And Fight Camp 360!

Big Floyd started it.....the article in which Ruben Guerrero started talking trash was in response to the Floyd SR interview here on fighthype

If they got at it tho I think Big Floyd will finish it too but I don't think it'll get that far
Dolimite
QUOTE (mrchitown @ Mar 2 2013, 04:33 PM) *
Big Floyd started it.....the article in which Ruben Guerrero started talking trash was in response to the Floyd SR interview here on fighthype

If they got at it tho I think Big Floyd will finish it too but I don't think it'll get that far

Okay so Big Floyd started it. I read on boxingscene that Guerrero said something about knocking out Floyd Sr. and that is what Floyd Sr. was responding to. Whoever started it, it should be interesting either way.
mrchitown
As long as it stays thru interviews it's cool, they just promoting the fight...I hope. But I'll definitely be paying attn to the 1st press conference
checkleft
QUOTE (Franchize @ Mar 1 2013, 04:19 PM) *

I love the drop jab, idk why Floyd broner and other fighters don't use it more especially when you have that kind of speed.

But I have to disagree with you about the jab, if he fights behind the jab Floyd will start hitting his pull counters. Whay I noticed about cottos jab in the Floyd fight (cotto has a very underratted jab) is that he didn't just put it out there. He wasn't just shooting jabs the whole fight, he would pick his spots with it in different and awkward angles to disrupting floyds rhythm so he couldn't counter it. And let's not forget cottos jab hand is his strong hand so its not just some tap, it demands attention.
QUOTE (mrchitown @ Mar 2 2013, 07:33 PM) *

Who knows maybe we will get some zab vs Floyd type theatrics
Cshel86
At this point, I'm excited about any upcoming fight. laugh.gif

mrchitown
QUOTE (checkleft @ Mar 2 2013, 10:50 PM) *
I love the drop jab, idk why Floyd broner and other fighters don't use it more especially when you have that kind of speed.

But I have to disagree with you about the jab, if he fights behind the jab Floyd will start hitting his pull counters. Whay I noticed about cottos jab in the Floyd fight (cotto has a very underratted jab) is that he didn't just put it out there. He wasn't just shooting jabs the whole fight, he would pick his spots with it in different and awkward angles to disrupting floyds rhythm so he couldn't counter it. And let's not forget cottos jab hand is his strong hand so its not just some tap, it demands attention.

Who knows maybe we will get some zab vs Floyd type theatrics

I'd be surprised if there wasn't a huge element of trash talk between these two. Hell, I saw a vid the other day where Sam Watson said Mayweather was bombarding Robert with trash talk

I still don't get why people don't give Miguel credit for his jab, I didn't notice he had a solid jab until the Mosley fight back in 07
mgrover
the one were two guys get in a ring and a winner emerges
daprofessor
QUOTE (daprofessor @ Feb 28 2013, 07:13 PM) *
canelo/trout

mayweather/guerrero

donaire/rigondeaux

garcia/judah

mares/ponce deleon

rios/alvarez 2

did i miss any?

i'll say that i am most excited about them in this order...

1. canelo/trout- i believe trout is going to beat canelo convincingly. i hope there's no controversy with the texas officials though.

2. donaire/rigondeaux- 2 fighters at the top of their game. this should be a super fight. best man will win.

3. mayweather/guerrero- everyone is selling guerrero short. i think he's going to show some of floyds flaws (if u can call them that) at this stage in his career.

4. peterson/matthysse- has this fight been signed? it should be interesting. i favor matthysse in this match up. if peterson plans to have any success...he should not stand in front of matthysse too long.

5. mares/ponce deleon- everyone thinks mares is the second best at 122...i think he's 3rd behind rigondeaux. mares gets hit too much...pdl may land some shots on him. wouldn't be surprised if mares gets dropped or loses. he's moving up in weight.

6. garcia/judah- whatever the case is with the injury or fake injury....i don't see judah beating garcia. i was really excited about this fight before...now it's lost some steam. garcia by ko.

7. rios/alvarado- why? i'd love to see both guys learn some defense. i'm not crazy about rock 'em-sock 'em robots.
Plah
QUOTE (daprofessor @ Mar 6 2013, 08:19 PM) *
i'll say that i am most excited about them in this order...

1. canelo/trout- i believe trout is going to beat canelo convincingly. i hope there's no controversy with the texas officials though.

2. donaire/rigondeaux- 2 fighters at the top of their game. this should be a super fight. best man will win.

3. mayweather/guerrero- everyone is selling guerrero short. i think he's going to show some of floyds flaws (if u can call them that) at this stage in his career.

4. peterson/matthysse- has this fight been signed? it should be interesting. i favor matthysse in this match up. if peterson plans to have any success...he should not stand in front of matthysse too long.

5. mares/ponce deleon- everyone thinks mares is the second best at 122...i think he's 3rd behind rigondeaux. mares gets hit too much...pdl may land some shots on him. wouldn't be surprised if mares gets dropped or loses. he's moving up in weight.

6. garcia/judah- whatever the case is with the injury or fake injury....i don't see judah beating garcia. i was really excited about this fight before...now it's lost some steam. garcia by ko.

7. rios/alvarado- why? i'd love to see both guys learn some defense. i'm not crazy about rock 'em-sock 'em robots.

Good post
sduck
Canelo/Trout - The biggest fight coming up, will solidify either fighter at the top
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.