Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: ESPN2@9PM(ET)/5PM(PT) Dibb vs. Gradovich SPOILERS
FightHype Community > BOXING HYPE > Boxing
Pages: 1, 2
Jack 1000
Just a heads up that there is a world championship fight tonight on ESPN. I like the way that ESPN seems to be improving the quality of its cards. DVR users should add 30 minutes of program time to compensate for the basketball game before the fight.

Jack
mrchitown
I wish they would lay off the 50 interviews, I'm sick of seeing him, maybe it's the Erin Andrews fail or that suspect shirt he got on, either way, I'm tired of him right now

That kid Olivares started the card off right though, that was a nice KO
BigFightFan
Willie Nelson handled his business
Dolimite
It only took 50 a half of minute to bring up Floyd. And then he is going to shit on Floyd's Showtime deal saying he is only getting 200 million for 6 fights. Then he said that he could of made that with Pac, I swear he is getting annoying. Just promote your one fighter and stay away from the recording booth!

DAMN NELSON!!! GREAT KNOCK OUT!
BigFightFan
The second KD wasn't even a kD if you look at the replay.
mrchitown
QUOTE (Dolimite @ Mar 1 2013, 08:35 PM) *
It only took 50 a half of minute to bring up Floyd. And then he is going to shit on Floyd's Showtime deal saying he is only getting 200 million for 6 fights. Then he said that he could of made that with Pac, I swear he is getting annoying. Just promote your one fighter and stay away from the recording booth!

DAMN NELSON!!! GREAT KNOCK OUT!

I don't really give 2 shits about him bringing up Floyd, he will continue to attach his name to Floyd as long as he is in boxing. Floyd has brought up people's names unnecessarily before too so it is what it is. But 50 is annoying me in the aspect in which he chooses to bring up the topics he discusses boxing. It's the same stuff he regurgitates

But that Olivares kid, he may want to hold onto him because that kid's got a future in boxing
Cshel86
See what happens when I dont read??? I totally missed the fact that this thread was open. I was wasting time posting in the Hopkins/Dawson thread, and the only reason it was a waste at the moment, was because Calzaghe's name came up...what a douche. Can I have my time back?

50's fighter that made his pro debut, made quick work of his opponent. Nice counter hook and finish.

As soon as I blinked, the damn Nelson fight was over. Oh how embarrassing it was to get knocked out, then sustain an injury on the way down. You'd thought that Marquez laid him, with all of those damn EMTs in the ring. Lol
Cshel86
Both of these hairstyles are killing me...I'm tired of dreads, and Williams' mohawk looks like a skid mark.

Decent first round, and Younger is making it obvious that he's trying to stay away from Williams' right hand.
mrchitown
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Mar 1 2013, 08:51 PM) *
Both of these hairstyles are killing me...I'm tired of dreads, and Williams' mohawk looks like a skid mark.

Decent first round, and Younger is making it obvious that he's trying to stay away from Williams' right hand.

By circling straight into it
Cshel86
QUOTE (mrchitown @ Mar 1 2013, 09:52 PM) *
By circling straight into it

Like a mindless nitwit, smh...

Younger looks flabby around the waist...did he take this fight on short notice?
mrchitown
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Mar 1 2013, 08:55 PM) *
Like a mindless nitwit, smh...

Younger looks flabby around the waist...did he take this fight on short notice?

Yup, 5 days to be exact...every fight involves a fighter who took the fight on short notice tonight

And Younger look like CashOut lol
Cshel86
QUOTE (mrchitown @ Mar 1 2013, 10:01 PM) *
Yup, 5 days to be exact...every fight involves a fighter who took the fight on short notice tonight

And Younger look like CashOut lol

laugh.gif
Cshel86
Could they not gotten better quality footage of the Thompson/Price fight? WTF?
mrchitown
Terrible job by ESPN..they got that footage from youtube or something, that's horrible quality
Cshel86
QUOTE (mrchitown @ Mar 1 2013, 10:08 PM) *
Terrible job by ESPN..they got that footage from youtube or something, that's horrible quality

That shit looked like an old 2007 youtube video...before video quality stepped up. Sheesh, why not just post still shots instead?
BigFightFan
Teddy got bars on the mic! Lol
mrchitown
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Mar 1 2013, 09:11 PM) *
That shit looked like an old 2007 youtube video...before video quality stepped up. Sheesh, why not just post still shots instead?

Agreed, they did a cut and paste job

And why the hell is 50 doing the fight plan with Atlas. Shiiit they killing me right now

Oh and nice rhymes there Teddy hahaha
mrchitown
SMFH...Dirrell done went from contender to cheerleader
Cheesey1
The espn guy with the glasses is unbelievable. When he was mentioning David Price, he started off by saying the "...top ten ranked...uhm...champion...prospect."

Sad, very sad.
Cshel86
Do we have to endure 50's performances for every SMS fighter entrance?
Cshel86
QUOTE (mrchitown @ Mar 1 2013, 10:18 PM) *
Agreed, they did a cut and paste job

And why the hell is 50 doing the fight plan with Atlas. Shiiit they killing me right now

Oh and nice rhymes there Teddy hahaha

Yeah that video attempt was a fail. Lol

I felt the same way about Floyd last weekend, except he's a bit more relevant in the sport than 50 is.
BigFightFan
Dib pulls straight back and gets hit everytime. Grodovich is landing at ease when he throws
Cheesey1
QUOTE (BigFightFan @ Mar 1 2013, 10:27 PM) *
Dib pulls straight back and gets hit everytime. Grodovich is landing at ease when he throws

I just noticed that Dibb's nose is bleeding quite a bit.
Cshel86
Dib is gonna have trouble with his left eye throughout his career. As they mentioned, he usually gets the worse of those headbutts that he sometimes initiates.

This fat ass ref is getting on my nerves with his lack of patience. He just doesn't wanna work hard tonight. Lol
mrchitown
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Mar 1 2013, 09:31 PM) *
Dib is gonna have trouble with his left eye throughout his career. As they mentioned, he usually gets the worse of those headbutts that he sometimes initiates.

This fat ass ref is getting on my nerves with his lack of patience. He just doesn't wanna work hard tonight. Lol

Why do the big bastards always want a free ride lol....Rerun done injected his DNA in this ref lol
Cshel86
Not impressed with Dib at all....

QUOTE (mrchitown @ Mar 1 2013, 10:38 PM) *
Why do the big bastards always want a free ride lol....Rerun done injected his DNA in this ref lol

laugh.gif

Right
mrchitown
I bet Floyd is happy he let Dib go to SMS with 50. This new aggressive style of his is horseshit. And Gradovich took the fight on short notice and is kicking Dib's ass. Not looking good for him
Cshel86
QUOTE (mrchitown @ Mar 1 2013, 10:45 PM) *
I bet Floyd is happy he let Dib go to SMS with 50. This new aggressive style of his is horseshit. And Gradovich took the fight on short notice and is kicking Dib's ass. Not looking good for him

His footwork is ehhh...well...what can I say. I'm not sure what to make of it.
Cheesey1
Facebook Fan scoring...why bother?
Cheesey1
QUOTE (mrchitown @ Mar 1 2013, 10:45 PM) *

Gradovich's done some damage and could some more, but so far I think that Teddy's scoring with Dibb being up by a round (or maybe even two close rounds), makes sense.
mrchitown
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Mar 1 2013, 09:47 PM) *
His footwork is ehhh...well...what can I say. I'm not sure what to make of it.

What I don't get is why keep pulling straight back? He's getting tagged at will every time he does that
mrchitown
That was a dumb point deduction,...effin ridiculous
BigFightFan
WTF! Why take a point? Bitch ass ref
Cshel86
QUOTE (Cheesey1 @ Mar 1 2013, 10:48 PM) *
Facebook Fan scoring...why bother?

laugh.gif

Cant be worse than some of the official scores we've seen in other fights.

This ref is making it interesting, lol.

QUOTE (mrchitown @ Mar 1 2013, 10:50 PM) *
What I don't get is why keep pulling straight back? He's getting tagged at will every time he does that

He'll find out soon....
Cheesey1
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Mar 1 2013, 10:52 PM) *
laugh.gif

Cant be worse than some of the official scores we've seen in other fights.

This ref is making it interesting, lol.

He'll find out soon....

Ha! Facebook judge scoring...
Cshel86
Gradovich has the head of a true cro-magnon...
Cheesey1
I think Dibb is suffering from the new "fan friendly" style he's trying to adapt. To me, it doesn't seem as if there's a proper balance betweeen what is Dibb's apparently naturally mobile style with the new less outside style.

Still a close bout.
BigFightFan
Gradovich might get robbed on the cards
Cshel86
I believe Gradovich's last name needs to be hyphenated with the word "Chavez".
BigFightFan
Gradovich might get robbed on the cards
mrchitown
Gradovich is getting great leverage on that right hand

And 50 sitting there looking at Koncz like why did you come here, you gave Billy the Pacquio flu lmao

Dirrell and Gamboa saw a camera and wanted some facetime, sad day man sad day lol
Cheesey1
Dibb was quietly having a lot of success with the jab and then body work on the inside.

Poor decision making by Dibb and his corner and a focused performance by Gradovich.
mrchitown
SMS promotions...the future of boxing laugh.gif
Cshel86
Okay Cheesey, you're right, that Facebok scoring is shitty. NOW, if this robbery happens, then Dib will win those 11 rounds to 1, rather Gradovich-Chavez. laugh.gif
BigFightFan
QUOTE (Cheesey1 @ Mar 1 2013, 11:07 PM) *
Dibb was quietly having a lot of success with the jab and then body work on the inside.

Poor decision making by Dibb and his corner and a focused performance by Gradovich.

Not sure exactly what to say about Dib, but I see why it's been 4 years since he fought in the states. Grodivich will be an easy fight for Mikey garcia
mrchitown
The facebook fans are harsh, they only gave Dibb 1rd

SD?? Shiiiit
mrchitown
QUOTE (BigFightFan @ Mar 1 2013, 10:13 PM) *
Not sure exactly what to say a out Dib, but I see why it's been 4 years since he fought in the states. Grodivich will be an easy fight for Miley garcia

They're both trained by Robert Garcia, I doubt that fight happens
Cshel86
Whew...no robbery here...thank God.

Gradovich-Chavez is the new IBF champ!
Cheesey1
I thought that it was close. Fine with a SD. 114-112 isn't incomprehensible.
Plah
QUOTE (mrchitown @ Mar 1 2013, 11:12 PM) *
SMS promotions...the future of boxing laugh.gif

Hahaha
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.