Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Showtime@10PM(ET)7PM(PT)-Bogere vs. Abril-SPOILERS
FightHype Community > OTHER HYPE > Archives
Pages: 1, 2
Jack 1000
Follow all the action and reaction in the WBA Lightweight Championship fight tonight on Showtime. Keep everything in this thread.

Jack

Administrator
BigDDatHomey
QUOTE (Jack 1000 @ Mar 2 2013, 02:55 PM) *
Follow all the action and reaction in the WBA Lightweight Championship fight tonight on Showtime. Keep everything in this thread.

Jack

Administrator

Got Showtime today for free. Yeeeeaaaauuuuhhh...I'm in the building.
Cshel86
I see there is a 2-hour block of boxing on Showtime Extreme from 8-10PM, but there's no description. Abril/Bogere isn't considered a huge card, so I was wondering if the Showtime Extreme card would have new undercard fights, or a rerun of a previous fight. I guess I'll see in the next 20 mins.

Speaking of previous fights, Showtime replayed Beltran/Bogere last night, and I must say, Bogere got his ass kicked from pillar to post. Needless to say, Beltran was robbed...no surprise there.

I believe Abril's height and possible reach advantage will make it an easy day in the office for him. Question is, will Abril be given the decision tonight? My answer, more than likely, not. Bogere has his hands full, because his reach is nothing to talk about, and he usually leads with his head, in an attempt to get on the inside.

We all saw Rios reaching in the Abril fight, and to no avail. Abril isn't a big puncher like Beltran, so I see this going to the cards, with a possible robbery in Bogere's favor.
Cshel86
Yep, just as I hoped...these are the preliminary bouts for this evening! Good!
Cshel86
Thomas Williams is landing some hard shit on Engel in the 2nd round, and Im wondering how he hasn't tried to find a way out of the fight. I dont see him going past the 4th round.
Cshel86
And down here goes on a combination in the 3rd...

....aaaaand, its over.

Williams by TKO in 3rd.
fightscoreollector
Hi guys can you post your scores for the upcoming WBA Lightweight Title fight between Abril - Bogere in this thread and i will add them to my fightscorecollector site (Site address in signature below)

You can also post them on twitter to @thefightscore

Thanks, My pick......Abril on points
mgrover
Computers still dead this ain't good
bnoles4life
When I see Gary Russell, Jr. fight, two things come to mind:

1. That dude is ultra talented.
2. I'm sooooooo freak'n glad I'm NOT 5'4. No grown man should be 5'4.
Cshel86
QUOTE (bnoles4life @ Mar 2 2013, 10:12 PM) *
When I see Gary Russell, Jr. fight, two things come to mind:

1. That dude is ultra talented.
2. I'm sooooooo freak'n glad I'm NOT 5'4. No grown man should be 5'4.

Fuckin' right!

laugh.gif

I'd be mad as hell at my folks for that height problem.
Cshel86
Jesus the fight was almost over with only 10 seconds left, smh.

Glad we're at least able to hear instructions between rounds for the first time tonight.

Gusev cant do shit about Russell's jab right now.
Cshel86
Good 2nd round for Russell. He sticks that jab crisp and often. Gusev isn't doing anything but blocking and moving his head. Wait a minute...he's supppoooosed to be doing that...my bad.

Gusev looks like one of those dudes from Color Me Badd or 90210 or some shit. Is it just me?
bnoles4life
GRJ's body attack should be illegal.
Cshel86
Oh shut up Zab...we know you'll fold like a steel chair, come April 27th.
bnoles4life
You know Oscar has dropped a peg, when he's the promotor of the show, a HOF'r and sitting directly next to Adrien Broner, but the camera still doesn't show him. LOL.
Cshel86
Either GRJ is trying to let those earlier shots soak in, or he's hurt one of those machine guns that he calls hands. It doesn't look like he's trying to send Gusev to the moon like he was earlier...well, not so much.
Cshel86
Is Gusev on the phone, or is his right hand just planted on the side of his head??? Help me out here.

QUOTE (bnoles4life @ Mar 2 2013, 10:35 PM) *
You know Oscar has dropped a peg, when he's the promotor of the show, a HOF'r and sitting directly next to Adrien Broner, but the camera still doesn't show him. LOL.

Not even sure how to call that one. I saw Broner talking on the phone...he's probably annoying the shit out of Oscar too.
bnoles4life
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Mar 2 2013, 10:40 PM) *
Is Gusev on the phone, or is his right hand just planted on the side of his head??? Help me out here.

thumbsup_anim.gif
Cshel86
Gusev took some chances in the 8th round...still got the stuffing beat out of him nonetheless.

Is it me, or was I the only one that didn't think this one would go past 4 rounds?
Cshel86
Split gloves?! Really?!

My sock has a hole in it...let me go ahead and call out of work on Monday.

Hopefully that break doesn't cause a Ravens/49ers comeback.
Cshel86
Yooooo....I knew something was missing in my house...my area rug. Yo Bogere, give my shit back homie! Not now, but right now.
bnoles4life
Soooooo.....are we gonna act like we don't see this mug coming out in a cage w/ a lion's head, being carried by some lathered up, oily muscular dudes?
Cshel86
QUOTE (bnoles4life @ Mar 2 2013, 11:07 PM) *
Soooooo.....are we gonna act like we don't see this mug coming out in a cage w/ a lion's head, being carried by some lathered up, oily muscular dudes?

The part I tried to ignore the most, was the oily muscular dudes.

laugh.gif
Cheesey1
I wasn't going to say anything.
The Original MrFactor
Wow, Oscar DLH picked up some weight, I thought he was Prince Markie Dee.

Cshel86
QUOTE (The Original MrFactor @ Mar 2 2013, 11:11 PM) *

More like Prince "Mickey D's"
bnoles4life
QUOTE (The Original MrFactor @ Mar 2 2013, 11:11 PM) *

His debut solo album was fiyaaaaah, top to bottom. but I digress.....
Cshel86
That was a nice first round!

Abril is allowing Bogere to get on the inside, more than he should. I already see a clash of heads/cuts coming, because Abril is not fighting tall.
Cshel86
Russell "Perpetually Shitty" Mora is already making his mark in the fight.

Bogere is rushing in like a damn tazmanian devil, and nothing's really being said.
VJones
Missed the first two fights. Not familiar with Bogere...

Quick tribute to P. Williams (and jab at Abril)....P-Will was a come forward, attack fighter. When you're several inches taller than your opponents, it looks unnatural to see you backing up. Makes him seem skittish, whether he actually is or not.

Bogere meanwhile is making it a rough-up.
Dolimite
Oscar has clearly falling off the wagon, he looks like a space cadet! That dude can't even smile, his is one that shit

Broner needs to stop jumping up and down, he is blocking my view of the lady he is with.

Russell Jr. is the truth I hope he gets the fight with Lopez. The main event is sloppy but entertaining. Where was PETA when Bogere came out?
bnoles4life
QUOTE (Dolimite @ Mar 2 2013, 11:26 PM) *
Oscar has clearly falling off the wagon, he looks like a space cadet! That dude can't even smile, his is one that shit

Broner needs to stop jumping up and down, he is blocking my view of the lady he is with.

Russell Jr. is the truth I hope he gets the fight with Lopez. The main event is sloppy but entertaining. Where was PETA when Bogere came out?

On vacation, courtesy of Michael Vick.
mrchitown
Bogere doing his best BHop impersonation and Mora is just being Mora
Cshel86
Man I have Abril winning the 1st round, while Bogere took 2,3, and 4. Bogere is landing and making this shit hella ugly.

Sorry, but everything that Broner does, just seems "suspect".
Cshel86
Gave the 5th to Abril, because he landed cleanly. As Paulie just mentioned, when fights like this are hard to score, the judges tend to lean towards the guy who's controlling the pace of the fight.

Glenn Trowbridge is judging ringside, so Im sure his card was filled out before the first bell.

Abril isn't doing enough.
VJones
Finally, the 'fight' just started. Round 6.
mrchitown
Broner needs to stop that sissy screaming
Cshel86
I HATE Russell Mora!

Broner needs to sit his ass down. Dudes just thirsts for attention...very unnecessary.

And FUCK Joe Cortez...just die already dude.
mrchitown
What did I tell ya? That effin ref Mora, son of a bitch always makes the fights about him
Cshel86
QUOTE (mrchitown @ Mar 2 2013, 11:47 PM) *
What did I tell ya? That effin ref Mora, son of a bitch always makes the fights about him

Yep. straight treating Abril like a step-child. no2.gif
VJones
I don't know, guys...I don't hate the point deduction. Hate fighters holding...plus he was warned several times. Abril wants to coast. He needs to fight. He wants to hold every time, and to me, THAT'S what will inject Mora into the fight more than he should be.

Credit to Abril that once the point was taken...he closed the distance and started fighting.
VJones
Agreed on Broner. He's annoying.
Cshel86
QUOTE (VJones @ Mar 2 2013, 11:53 PM) *
I don't know, guys...I don't hate the point deduction. Hate fighters holding...plus he was warned several times. Abril wants to coast. He needs to fight. He wants to hold every time, and to me, THAT'S what will inject Mora into the fight more than he should be.

Credit to Abril that once the point was taken...he closed the distance and started fighting.

You gotta see the Bogere/Beltran fight...dude is an habitual headbutter/kidney-puncher/rabbit puncher.
Cheesey1
As much as I'd like Bogere to win, so far, Abril's kept Bogere on the outside enough to have the edge.
Cshel86
Here goes Bogere and those "Fiat lungs'...dude is tired.

Abril is giving Bogere those right hands like mail on Sunday, but he needs to follow up.
bnoles4life
IF this fight was a chick, it would be Lady Gaga. Bleh!!
VJones
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Mar 2 2013, 11:55 PM) *
You gotta see the Bogere/Beltran fight...dude is an habitual headbutter/kidney-puncher/rabbit puncher.

I'll have to find that one. Never seen him before...

I guess my expectations are high for Abril. Liked him in the Rios fight. He clearly won. I just think a guy with his physical attributes should be more effective. Fight taller.

Tonight, he seems like he wants help from the ref...
Cshel86
QUOTE (VJones @ Mar 2 2013, 11:58 PM) *
I'll have to find that one. Never seen him before...

I guess my expectations are high for Abril. Liked him in the Rios fight. He clearly won. I just think a guy with his physical attributes should be more effective. Fight taller.

Tonight, he seems like he wants help from the ref...

Agreed, and he IS cruising through this fight...which could cost him his title.

I believe he figured out early on, that he wasn't gonna get any help from the ref. Lol
VJones
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Mar 3 2013, 12:00 AM) *
Agreed, and he IS cruising through this fight...which could cost him his title.

I believe he figured out early on, that he wasn't gonna get any help from the ref. Lol

Lol...true.

He's doing a lot better since the point deduction. So, maybe he should thank Mora. wink.gif
Cshel86
"Russell Mora has gained control of the fight". Translation: "Whew shit, glad Bogere has gotten tired...now it looks like Mora's doing his job"
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.