Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Mayweather /Guerrero face to face
FightHype Community > BOXING HYPE > Boxing
Pages: 1, 2, 3
bnoles4life
This is pretty good.....

http://www.doghouseboxing.com/Benz/Benz-Jo...ace-to-face.htm
Cshel86
Rob needs to lay off of those $5 Footlongs and McChickens...

Despite those numerous articles of him calling Floyd out, deep down inside, I dont believe Robert's a talker. If you remember how much of a shitbag he was in the Berto post-fight interview? I believe his douchebag ways actually stop there.
Jovi
lmfaoo at mayweather "You gon get this, the raw dog.....I'ma give it to you just how you want it" pause. Mayweather needs to give Shotime to My school or Someone maybe streaming
xxxxxx
Mayweather has already won lol He's got him right where he wants him. The Ghost will fight hard, but hes going to get countered all night long. Mark my words. I see Victor Ortiz all over again here although I do see this one going the full 12 with Mayweather winning around 7-8 rounds.
leonthegee
I cant believe people really thought Floyd was ducking this chump. Floyd looks about 150 already. Guerreros gonna have to cut 15 lbs at least.
neophyte7
Robert gave off the smell of intimidation LOL.. the event itself if going to overwhelm him.. Lmao.. I see nothing in Guerrero that will trouble Floyd.. so what he beat Berto.. lmao the same Berto that a not so hard punching Luis Callozo almost knocked through the ropes years ago.. LMAO
mrchitown
1 word.... SHOOK
mrchitown
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Mar 6 2013, 09:31 PM) *
Rob needs to lay off of those $5 Footlongs and McChickens...

Despite those numerous articles of him calling Floyd out, deep down inside, I dont believe Robert's a talker. If you remember how much of a shitbag he was in the Berto post-fight interview? I believe his douchebag ways actually stop there.

He been talking trash for well over a yr now. Having his team send out press releases and constantly saying he would do this and that in regards to Floyd. Then in post fight interviews he made a point to call him pretty boy and lately on twitter he's been shooting out tweets laying degrading things towards Floyd...Then all of a sudden when you finally come face to face with the man, you offer little in the one area that you initially started? When you state how you were appointed by God to win and humble someone, that's poppin big sh*t. He had little response tday

I think he got shook but when I looked at it a few more times, I think he was getting agitated and I saw him become physically defensive like he was waiting for some sh*t to pop off. Then at the end he says I'm a swinger that's just the way I am. Yeah bro? I believe you lol. He's going to make it a show for a few rds, and that's about it IMO
mitukczuk
I love how everyone plays it cool during Face2Face when you can clearly see how infuriated they are. The good ol' "It ain't getting to me" in response to Floyd's trashtalking sounds pretty funny.

Although Floyd is not an academic speaker, the little, repetitive shit he actually says is always spot on. Don't know how he does it.

Robert will fold. The lights are too bright...
The Original MrFactor
Guerrero looked a little shook in that. He'd be stupid to swing PRE fight. I can see it getting called off.
xxxxxx
QUOTE (mitukczuk @ Mar 7 2013, 03:16 AM) *
I love how everyone plays it cool during Face2Face when you can clearly see how infuriated they are. The good ol' "It ain't getting to me" in response to Floyd's trashtalking sounds pretty funny.

Although Floyd is not an academic speaker, the little, repetitive shit he actually says is always spot on. Don't know how he does it.

Robert will fold. The lights are too bright...

Exactly. The lights were too bright for Ortiz and they ARE too bright for the Ghost. This is a whole different Event than the Ghost is use to. Don't get me wrong, I don't believe the Ghost is scared one bit, but you don't have to be scared to get your azz kicked. Mayweather is a thinking man in the ring and slows things down...its a gift. The fight will be going too quickly for the Ghost to be at his best in there. Mayweather wins a clear decison.
aTYpicalTYrant
http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=0NUX4tW5pps

Never in my life did I think Guerrero would back down verbally like that!!! Let me find out this guy is a damn keyboard warrior..... LMAO
I guess that's why they call him "The Ghost"! Cuz his heart was NOWHERE to be found. He did more talking to the camera in the locker room. Slim couldn't even get his words out properly once they were face to face! Any dude that feels obligated to tell you how they aren't bothered/scared/hurt without you asking is probably faking hard! I'm sure he'll say more in the future but it looks like FMJ is already winning the mental part of this war.
Dolimite
punks jump up to get beat down! All that shit that the Ghost was talking and when the time to act was upon him, his ass got ghost! What a limp dick dude! Couldn't get hard when it counted!
Cshel86
QUOTE (mrchitown @ Mar 7 2013, 01:49 AM) *
He been talking trash for well over a yr now. Having his team send out press releases and constantly saying he would do this and that in regards to Floyd. Then in post fight interviews he made a point to call him pretty boy and lately on twitter he's been shooting out tweets laying degrading things towards Floyd...Then all of a sudden when you finally come face to face with the man, you offer little in the one area that you initially started? When you state how you were appointed by God to win and humble someone, that's poppin big sh*t. He had little response tday

I think he got shook but when I looked at it a few more times, I think he was getting agitated and I saw him become physically defensive like he was waiting for some sh*t to pop off. Then at the end he says I'm a swinger that's just the way I am. Yeah bro? I believe you lol. He's going to make it a show for a few rds, and that's about it IMO

I believe that was his PR talking all of that nonsense and calling everybody's grandma's boyfriend's baby mama's cousin out. Hell, I remember his PR used to call the damn FH radio show every other week and brag and argue about how good Robert was, while he all died slow deaths on the phone line.

As of late, since he got back in the ring, he's simply been calling Floyd out, I dont remember him doing much trash talk in front of the camera. As you mentioned, he did look agitated and appeared to wanna throw a punch if things got a bit more heated.

I wasn't feeling his post-photoshoot comments, but it DID look like he was preparing himself for something while Floyd dogged him out. I dont know about Robert, I think he's just another guy who's truly ready to just get in the ring and throw down.

Victor Ortiz was the same way, so the added attention, pressers, interviews and such, may have been a bit tiring and got to him as the fight drew closer. If you dont have the gift of gab, like Ortiz and Guerrero, then you'll grow tired of trash talking and answering questions.

That was total mindfuck on Floyd's behalf...talking relentless shit to a guy during a photoshoot/commercial taping. Out of all places to talk shit, I think Guerrero pretty much ruled out the photoshoot...hell, I did. Lol.

During staredowns, guys share very little trash talk because Im sure that there's only so much talking that you can do when you're millimeters away from a guy. At that point, dudes are usually ready to swing...but not those dudes who are expecting their biggest payday yet, and doesn't wanna ruin it. laugh.gif What a situation
checkleft
Robert looked out of his league at the face off lol. I just keep thinking this is gonna be a dud, Robert has done shit squat to get this fight. His best opponents to date are salido and katz. If Floyd is close to his old form hw is just gonna pick him apart bust him up and decision him unless Robert can't take it and gets stopped.
Cshel86
QUOTE (checkleft @ Mar 7 2013, 01:39 PM) *
Robert has done shit squat to get this fight.

"Shit squat"

laugh.gif
Marcus
QUOTE (Jovi @ Mar 6 2013, 11:35 PM) *
lmfaoo at mayweather "You gon get this, the raw dog.....I'ma give it to you just how you want it" pause. Mayweather needs to give Shotime to My school or Someone maybe streaming

Lmao "tell me how you want it!"
Those 60 days in prison was to much!
After all that shit Guerrero was talking i expected him to be going at Mayweather worse than Hatton. This n*gga ain't bout that life. By watching that stare down i can already tell how this fight will go.
daprofessor
there are very few in boxing that have talk shit to the level of an art form. ali was the king of this. duran brought camacho to tears with his shit talk. tyson talked some classic shit that i still quote to this day. bhop...mayorga...james toney are all legendary with their shit talk. floyds shit talk comes off more like a nagging/annoying woman than anything. u all are on his dick like he's saying something. he's not. you all have stated robert has done nothing to earn this fight and that he is nothing special. i don't agree. you all say he's shook...i see a dude that took a stance like he was ready to fight. he strikes me as someone who would rather punch than talk. you all think he's on ortiz' level. i'm here to tell you he's more than a few levels above. this fight is not going to be easy for floyd. i am a floyd fan...don't get it twisted. i'm just not a flomo.

mgrover
Seems pretty clear to me that Floyds on a mission to inform Robert of what he doesn't know...
aTYpicalTYrant
QUOTE (daprofessor @ Mar 7 2013, 03:36 PM) *
there are very few in boxing that have talk shit to the level of an art form. ali was the king of this. duran brought camacho to tears with his shit talk. tyson talked some classic shit that i still quote to this day. bhop...mayorga...james toney are all legendary with their shit talk. floyds shit talk comes off more like a nagging/annoying woman than anything. u all are on his dick like he's saying something. he's not. you all have stated robert has done nothing to earn this fight and that he is nothing special. i don't agree. you all say he's shook...i see a dude that took a stance like he was ready to fight. he strikes me as someone who would rather punch than talk. you all think he's on ortiz' level. i'm here to tell you he's more than a few levels above. this fight is not going to be easy for floyd. i am a floyd fan...don't get it twisted. i'm just not a flomo.

It's not that everyone is dick riding FMJ from my POV. Over the last 18 months whether on twitter, interviews, or victory speeches, Robert "The Ghost" Guerro has not only actively called FMJ out he's even gone as far as to talk shit. I honestly don't have an issue with that because as far as I am concerned that is just a part of boxing and is totally acceptable. But what I find unacceptable is how quiet he became once in front of the man he has been aggressively requesting for damn near 2 years! He said NOTHING and even looked a quite uncomfortable. i do believe it may be easier for him to just fight than talk and he looked liked thats what he'd rather have been doing. But the mental part of the battle is just as important in this TYpe of atmosphere. I personally feel he has earned the right to fight Mayweather and do not believe this fight will be a walk in the park for FMJ AT ALL. But you can't classify everyone (though you are right about a vast majoriTY) when we all see that "The Ghost" is acting more like Casper now...He reminded of the ghost in the castle in Super Mario Bros that don't do shit once you look at em. If he is intimidated AT ALL he's already lost. Just my thoughts.
daprofessor
QUOTE (aTYpicalTYrant @ Mar 7 2013, 05:43 PM) *
It's not that everyone is dick riding FMJ from my POV. Over the last 18 months whether on twitter, interviews, or victory speeches, Robert "The Ghost" Guerro has not only actively called FMJ out he's even gone as far as to talk shit. I honestly don't have an issue with that because as far as I am concerned that is just a part of boxing and is totally acceptable. But what I find unacceptable is how quiet he became once in front of the man he has been aggressively requesting for damn near 2 years! He said NOTHING and even looked a quite uncomfortable. i do believe it may be easier for him to just fight than talk and he looked liked thats what he'd rather have been doing. But the mental part of the battle is just as important in this TYpe of atmosphere. I personally feel he has earned the right to fight Mayweather and do not believe this fight will be a walk in the park for FMJ AT ALL. But you can't classify everyone (though you are right about a vast majoriTY) when we all see that "The Ghost" is acting more like Casper now...He reminded of the ghost in the castle in Super Mario Bros that don't do shit once you look at em. If he is intimidated AT ALL he's already lost. Just my thoughts.

i'm not seeing the intimidation. as for his talk on twitter...i don't go on twitter so i've missed it. all i heard him do is ask for the floyd fight. he wanted it...he's got it. as for him not saying "NOTHING"...i heard him say quite a bit. he didn't get all animated and try to mean mug the way floyd did. he stood his ground and talked shit in a low key fashion. floyd asked him how he wanted it...he replied, "toe to toe." like i said in a previous post...it's been my experience that the baddest cats don't really talk much. i didn't see the intimidation you're all speaking about. his interview after the fact sounded more like an answer to question than him just all of a sudden wanting to talk because floyd wasn't there. he said he wasn't heated...and that if he was, he's the type to throw. i can relate to that because i'm the same. u can talk all the shit u want....i'm not gonna say much in return, but once it's on....it's on.
sduck
I don't know what people looking at...I'm looking at the business aspect. This the kind of thing most people wanna see, if you a real FIGHT (hence I said fight, not boxing) fan. They talkin' shit, giving you what's good to come. I don't think we've seen this kind of hostility in a big PPV fight in awhile...
checkleft
QUOTE (daprofessor @ Mar 7 2013, 05:28 PM) *
i'm not seeing the intimidation. as for his talk on twitter...i don't go on twitter so i've missed it. all i heard him do is ask for the floyd fight. he wanted it...he's got it. as for him not saying "NOTHING"...i heard him say quite a bit. he didn't get all animated and try to mean mug the way floyd did. he stood his ground and talked shit in a low key fashion. floyd asked him how he wanted it...he replied, "toe to toe." like i said in a previous post...it's been my experience that the baddest cats don't really talk much. i didn't see the intimidation you're all speaking about. his interview after the fact sounded more like an answer to question than him just all of a sudden wanting to talk because floyd wasn't there. he said he wasn't heated...and that if he was, he's the type to throw. i can relate to that because i'm the same. u can talk all the shit u want....i'm not gonna say much in return, but once it's on....it's on.

I can't feel you on this professor. He looked intimidated, he was quiet studdering, looking for words. And we all know Robert is more of the type to talk! Lol, why all the sudden is he so quiet? When he was in front of broner he had no problem talking shit and dogging. Maybe he feels like if he says anything Floyd will make him look stupid
Marcus
QUOTE (daprofessor @ Mar 7 2013, 05:28 PM) *

I'd understand your point if Guerrero was the quiet type like Cotto that never talked at all or something- silent but deadly. You're making it seem as though Guerrero's just been calling Floyd out without saying anything disrespectful. But Guerrero's been talking shit through twitter, videos, every outlet and platform. Guerrero is definitely intimidated. When Guerrero and Berto faced off on several occasions it was verbal assult on his behalf. When he came face to face with Broner he claimed Broner was a pussy for walking away from verbal combat. Yet all of the sudden when he's face to face with the guy he's been wanting to fight for nearly 2 years he becomes the "i dont pop shit i show shit" type? Now all of the sudden he's better than that? He shows he doesn't tell now huh? Nah.. that front isn't going to work on me.. Floyd has him out of character
Marcus
QUOTE (sduck @ Mar 7 2013, 05:41 PM) *
I don't know what people looking at...I'm looking at the business aspect. This the kind of thing most people wanna see, if you a real FIGHT (hence I said fight, not boxing) fan. They talkin' shit, giving you what's good to come. I don't think we've seen this kind of hostility in a big PPV fight in awhile...

Although we did/are getting our moneys worth of entertainment with Garcia-Khan/Garcia-Judah

"janet jackson hat" lmao
mrchitown
If you go on twitter and mention God and how this that and the third, then you send tweets to your opponent saying how your going to do this and that. He's even sent tweets disrespecting Mayweather's staff. Then when you see this man, you offer little in the way of response. I said he's shook and it looked that way to me and many others. He made minimal I contact and according to someone who was there Floyd immediately berated him and so did Broner, and the one he chose to respond to was Broner. Fuck all that Flomo shit, he talked trash and started acting pussy. Like he bleed out his private parts once a month.

I think he's not a big talker really and only said the things he did to land the fight, now that it's here he's preparing for war. But that doesn't excuse the fact that he offered little response, he chose to talk sh*t to Broner instead of who he really should've aimed it at, and he didn't make much eye contact. Towards the end I can tell he was getting agitated by the BS and he looked like he was ready for whatever

And as far as the toughest people being the ones who are the fighters aint always accurate. I've seen plenty of people who talk that sh*t and whoop your ass to back it up. Guerrero is a likeable guy, no doubt, but you can't talk G shit and then decide you want to be a school boy

And since when did having an opinion on someone mean your dickriding? I'm not gay, I'm not on no man's dick. The internet done fucked the game up, people are penalized for having an opinion. Jay Z said it best, people ask you to keep it real then when you do it they say you hatin. What part of the game is that
mgrover
Maybe he wants Mayweather riled up, and that's how Mayweather seemed, you heard Guerrero, the minute May weather said toe to toe he'd got his wish. I would say a more aggressive May weather is a lot harder to beat than one that sits back and counters. He should of just laughed in Mayweathers face or even refused to acknowledged him since Mayweather likes to demand his respect
Dolimite
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Mar 7 2013, 10:54 AM) *
I believe that was his PR talking all of that nonsense and calling everybody's grandma's boyfriend's baby mama's cousin out. Hell, I remember his PR used to call the damn FH radio show every other week and brag and argue about how good Robert was, while he all died slow deaths on the phone line.

As of late, since he got back in the ring, he's simply been calling Floyd out, I dont remember him doing much trash talk in front of the camera. As you mentioned, he did look agitated and appeared to wanna throw a punch if things got a bit more heated.

I wasn't feeling his post-photoshoot comments, but it DID look like he was preparing himself for something while Floyd dogged him out. I dont know about Robert, I think he's just another guy who's truly ready to just get in the ring and throw down.

Victor Ortiz was the same way, so the added attention, pressers, interviews and such, may have been a bit tiring and got to him as the fight drew closer. If you dont have the gift of gab, like Ortiz and Guerrero, then you'll grow tired of trash talking and answering questions.

That was total mindfuck on Floyd's behalf...talking relentless shit to a guy during a photoshoot/commercial taping. Out of all places to talk shit, I think Guerrero pretty much ruled out the photoshoot...hell, I did. Lol.

During staredowns, guys share very little trash talk because Im sure that there's only so much talking that you can do when you're millimeters away from a guy. At that point, dudes are usually ready to swing...but not those dudes who are expecting their biggest payday yet, and doesn't wanna ruin it. laugh.gif What a situation

If he did not talk big boy shit for a least a two to three weeks now then I would agree. He went on the man's twitter page and said he would make him a permanent corner man. Then he talked about how he was going to humble him. Then this dude called him a woman beater. That is Paul Bunyan talking shit! You don't go soft when the moment of truth is in your face. He stuttered and his fat ass daddy was quiet as well.

QUOTE (Marcus @ Mar 7 2013, 01:01 PM) *
Lmao "tell me how you want it!"
Those 60 days in prison was to much!
After all that shit Guerrero was talking i expected him to be going at Mayweather worse than Hatton. This nigga ain't bout that life. By watching that stare down i can already tell how this fight will go.

Wanna bes want to be and not do. This guy just showed that he is all talk. All talk.

QUOTE (mrchitown @ Mar 7 2013, 05:20 PM) *
If you go on twitter and mention God and how this that and the third, then you send tweets to your opponent saying how your going to do this and that. He's even sent tweets disrespecting Mayweather's staff. Then when you see this man, you offer little in the way of response. I said he's shook and it looked that way to me and many others. He made minimal I contact and according to someone who was there Floyd immediately berated him and so did Broner, and the one he chose to respond to was Broner. Fuck all that Flomo shit, he talked trash and started acting pussy. Like he bleed out his private parts once a month.

I think he's not a big talker really and only said the things he did to land the fight, now that it's here he's preparing for war. But that doesn't excuse the fact that he offered little response, he chose to talk sh*t to Broner instead of who he really should've aimed it at, and he didn't make much eye contact. Towards the end I can tell he was getting agitated by the BS and he looked like he was ready for whatever

And as far as the toughest people being the ones who are the fighters aint always accurate. I've seen plenty of people who talk that sh*t and whoop your ass to back it up. Guerrero is a likeable guy, no doubt, but you can't talk G shit and then decide you want to be a school boy

And since when did having an opinion on someone mean your dickriding? I'm not gay, I'm not on no man's dick. The internet done fucked the game up, people are penalized for having an opinion. Jay Z said it best, people ask you to keep it real then when you do it they say you hatin. What part of the game is that

+1

Professor rarely disagree with you but Robert was shook and somewhat thrown out of his element. You can't be talking shit one second and then have a closed mouth the next. Then when Floyd left he had a response! That is some ho shit. Broner was even talking shit to him at the photo shoot and didn't say squat! Dude is a video game San Andres gangsta!
daprofessor
QUOTE (checkleft @ Mar 7 2013, 06:44 PM) *
I can't feel you on this professor. He looked intimidated, he was quiet studdering, looking for words. And we all know Robert is more of the type to talk! Lol, why all the sudden is he so quiet? When he was in front of broner he had no problem talking shit and dogging. Maybe he feels like if he says anything Floyd will make him look stupid

everyone was saying he was scared when it was broner.... i didn't get that either. i have to watch it again...maybe u guys see something i don't. last time i thought anyone choked up and got shook in one of these videos was when haye/klitschko did their face off. haye shook klit...and klit stood there quiet as fuck. it didn't mean shit come fight time though. laugh.gif
daprofessor
QUOTE (Marcus @ Mar 7 2013, 07:49 PM) *
I'd understand your point if Guerrero was the quiet type like Cotto that never talked at all or something- silent but deadly. You're making it seem as though Guerrero's just been calling Floyd out without saying anything disrespectful. But Guerrero's been talking shit through twitter, videos, every outlet and platform. Guerrero is definitely intimidated. When Guerrero and Berto faced off on several occasions it was verbal assult on his behalf. When he came face to face with Broner he claimed Broner was a pussy for walking away from verbal combat. Yet all of the sudden when he's face to face with the guy he's been wanting to fight for nearly 2 years he becomes the "i dont pop shit i show shit" type? Now all of the sudden he's better than that? He shows he doesn't tell now huh? Nah.. that front isn't going to work on me.. Floyd has him out of character

again...i guess i missed his shit talk. all i've ever heard was him calling floyd out. i didn't see intimidation. i didn't see him talk shit to berto either. i saw the confrontation with broner. everyone made it like he was scared then. i didn't see it.

it reminds me of amir khan calling bradley a chump or something to that effect under his breath. it appeared to me that bradley didn't even hear him. whatever the case...some ppl are non-confrontational. some ppl are better at talking shit than others. some ppl fold when u talk shit to them....some ppl don't. it'll all come out in the end. the man is going to fight floyd may 4th. he asked for the fight...he got it. we'll see how he does.
daprofessor
QUOTE (Marcus @ Mar 7 2013, 07:52 PM) *
Although we did/are getting our moneys worth of entertainment with Garcia-Khan/Garcia-Judah

"janet jackson hat" lmao

now that is some entertaining shit talking by angel garcia! i can appreciate his shit talking. laugh.gif
daprofessor
QUOTE (mrchitown @ Mar 7 2013, 08:20 PM) *

laugh.gif i wasn't accusing u of dick riding..but everyone is making this out to be more than what it really is. i saw the video. it didn't look like much to me. maybe i need to give it a second look. so broner showed up with floyd and they all were talking shit to guerrero?

all this shit is corny to me. i've never been one to roll with a crew...but when i did hang with cats, i always found it funny that certain fools acted hard when we rolled deep. them same fools would be the ones talking about what they would do if shit popped off. they're usually the ones to tuck tail and run when they're by themselves or shit pops off. i ain't saying floyd can't fight...he's talking shit...that's all fine, he's the one getting in the ring. i know deep down...all that shit talking is fear manifesting it self. very few are willing to admit it. ali said he talked big to intimidate his opponents and to convince himself. tyson is probably the only one to admit his fear. floyd knows this isn't an easy fight. guerrero knows it's not going to be easy either. all the shit talking won't matter come fight time. i can't read much into that small face to face...maybe it will be different when they do a face off? who knows?
daprofessor
QUOTE (Dolimite @ Mar 7 2013, 08:40 PM) *
If he did not talk big boy shit for a least a two to three weeks now then I would agree. He went on the man's twitter page and said he would make him a permanent corner man. Then he talked about how he was going to humble him. Then this dude called him a woman beater. That is Paul Bunyan talking shit! You don't go soft when the moment of truth is in your face. He stuttered and his fat ass daddy was quiet as well.

Wanna bes want to be and not do. This guy just showed that he is all talk. All talk.

+1

Professor rarely disagree with you but Robert was shook and somewhat thrown out of his element. You can't be talking shit one second and then have a closed mouth the next. Then when Floyd left he had a response! That is some ho shit. Broner was even talking shit to him at the photo shoot and didn't say squat! Dude is a video game San Andres gangsta!

i watched it again...

i'm sorry, i don't see what you guys see. i know what fear looks like. i've seen it many times in my life. he wasn't quiet until the end when floyd just kept repeating himself. his body language didn't show fear either. floyd started woofin harder towards the end because he wasn't getting the response he was looking for imo. i've seen this game unfold too many times. it's one of those things i guess.
mrchitown
QUOTE (daprofessor @ Mar 7 2013, 07:20 PM) *
laugh.gif i wasn't accusing u of dick riding..but everyone is making this out to be more than what it really is. i saw the video. it didn't look like much to me. maybe i need to give it a second look. so broner showed up with floyd and they all were talking shit to guerrero?

all this shit is corny to me. i've never been one to roll with a crew...but when i did hang with cats, i always found it funny that certain fools acted hard when we rolled deep. them same fools would be the ones talking about what they would do if shit popped off. they're usually the ones to tuck tail and run when they're by themselves or shit pops off. i ain't saying floyd can't fight...he's talking shit...that's all fine, he's the one getting in the ring. i know deep down...all that shit talking is fear manifesting it self. very few are willing to admit it. ali said he talked big to intimidate his opponents and to convince himself. tyson is probably the only one to admit his fear. floyd knows this isn't an easy fight. guerrero knows it's not going to be easy either. all the shit talking won't matter come fight time. i can't read much into that small face to face...maybe it will be different when they do a face off? who knows?

Apparently Guerrero just thought it was going to be a photo shoot and nothing more, Floyd being Floyd immediately started taunting him and Broner was with Floyd, Broner decided to jump in and Guerrero started to talk trash to Broner, the cameras didn't capture those first initial parts.

I don't like crews either, it produces more trouble then good...Guerrero will give a good account of himself in this fight, I still believe Floyd will win but they fight the fights for a reason. What's beginning to interest me more is the weigh-in. I think Guerrero might react differently then

You raise an interesting point about Ali and Tyson. I never thought I'd hear Tyson say something like that. But I'm glad he did because people like him and Ali, and Floyd, and other fighters can be an example that theirs only 2 ways to deal with fear. You either let it burn you up...or you rise to the occassion
mrchitown
QUOTE (Dolimite @ Mar 7 2013, 06:40 PM) *
+1

Son, they shook...
'cause ain't no such things as halfway crooks
scared to death, scared to look
they shook

LOL Mobb Deep is ill
daprofessor
QUOTE (mrchitown @ Mar 7 2013, 09:56 PM) *
Apparently Guerrero just thought it was going to be a photo shoot and nothing more, Floyd being Floyd immediately started taunting him and Broner was with Floyd, Broner decided to jump in and Guerrero started to talk trash to Broner, the cameras didn't capture those first initial parts.

I don't like crews either, it produces more trouble then good...Guerrero will give a good account of himself in this fight, I still believe Floyd will win but they fight the fights for a reason. What's beginning to interest me more is the weigh-in. I think Guerrero might react differently then

You raise an interesting point about Ali and Tyson. I never thought I'd hear Tyson say something like that. But I'm glad he did because people like him and Ali, and Floyd, and other fighters can be an example that theirs only 2 ways to deal with fear. You either let it burn you up...or you rise to the occassion

yeah...broner aka mayweather jr jr coming along for the ride to talk shit is weak.

the weigh-in is always telling. the eyes don't lie.

truth.
daprofessor
QUOTE (mrchitown @ Mar 7 2013, 10:03 PM) *
Son, they shook...
they shook

LOL Mobb Deep is ill

classic!
aTYpicalTYrant
QUOTE (daprofessor @ Mar 7 2013, 09:19 PM) *

classic!

I posted the link to this earlier in the thread. lol
I Just didnt do it right
Cshel86
QUOTE (Dolimite @ Mar 7 2013, 07:40 PM) *

It's hard to call this one. I'd much rather him talk just enough shit to land the fight, be relatively quiet during the build-up, then give me my money's worth on fight night. I'm sure we all fell for that David Haye mindfuck back in 2011, which left a sour taste in my mouth.

In a sense, I feel that some of us are making too much of that 2 minute video clip, but shit I cant knock anyone's interpretation of what they saw. It seems that everyone is correct in their views, but hell, we'll always see something different, the more we watch it.

Contrary to what I said about preferring for him to be relatively quiet during the build-up, I WOULD like for him to sell the fight a bit. Since we've heard NOTHING about this fight (other than the announcement), I think guys have gotten a little too excited about the video, since its the first peep we've heard.

Still, I think Robert got mindfucked a bit. Im sure he was just prepared for a photo shoot and some short video footage, not a guy yapping in his face the whole time. More than likely, that's why he just couldn't get his shit together.

It's just like going to chick's house and expecting to get some, just for you to find out that she's on her period when you get there. She did all the right things to let you know "it's about to go down"...she called you after 10PM, told you that she was about to get in the shower, and to "come over"...then ends it with, "I just want to chill tonight and watch a movie". In your mind, "chill and watch a movie" means "smash time", but it's REALLY just a "chill and watch a movie" night.

PS: Didn't Broner get butt-owned when Robert got in his face a few months ago? Why is he riding along with Mayweather and talking shit to Robert now? Man I tell ya, that dude is nothing short of a tool. It's like getting your big brother fight a guy, because you're not sure that you're gonna win. What a chump.
checkleft
QUOTE (daprofessor @ Mar 7 2013, 08:03 PM) *
everyone was saying he was scared when it was broner.... i didn't get that either. i have to watch it again...maybe u guys see something i don't. last time i thought anyone choked up and got shook in one of these videos was when haye/klitschko did their face off. haye shook klit...and klit stood there quiet as fuck. it didn't mean shit come fight time though. laugh.gif

Haha I think Haye just pissed klitchko off to the point of silence lol. I remember Haye talking major shit! Haha, he's pretty great at it.
mrchitown
QUOTE (daprofessor @ Mar 7 2013, 08:18 PM) *
yeah...broner aka mayweather jr jr coming along for the ride to talk shit is weak.

the weigh-in is always telling. the eyes don't lie.

truth.

Broner should've stayed out of it, the situation has nothing to do with him

That weigh-in will be explosive
The Original MrFactor
QUOTE (checkleft @ Mar 7 2013, 10:32 PM) *
Haha I think Haye just pissed klitchko off to the point of silence lol. I remember Haye talking major shit! Haha, he's pretty great at it.

Which guy was it that spit water on Klit?? Was it Chisora? It was disgusting, but hilarious. Chisora built that fight.
JammyJam
In all honesty, I think Robert is a lil shook, not a whole lot though. He will be alright. I think in all actuality, he just can't shit talk on command lol. He comes off as a guy who has to think of shit to say or has someone who helps him talk that shit. If you remember the broner/guerrero shit talk video, G didn't look scared of Broner, he just couldn't muster the words to say something that stung lol. He is the rapper that prewrites his battle raps lol.
Dolimite
QUOTE (daprofessor @ Mar 7 2013, 07:19 PM) *

classic!

90s hip hop is the best! My favorite Mobb Deep song was Quiet Storm, Lil Kim killed her verse. Robert was a shaking leaf and to be honest he disappointed me, all that shit he was talking and silence!

QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Mar 7 2013, 08:05 PM) *
It's hard to call this one. I'd much rather him talk just enough shit to land the fight, be relatively quiet during the build-up, then give me my money's worth on fight night. I'm sure we all fell for that David Haye mindfuck back in 2011, which left a sour taste in my mouth.

In a sense, I feel that some of us are making too much of that 2 minute video clip, but shit I cant knock anyone's interpretation of what they saw. It seems that everyone is correct in their views, but hell, we'll always see something different, the more we watch it.

Contrary to what I said about preferring for him to be relatively quiet during the build-up, I WOULD like for him to sell the fight a bit. Since we've heard NOTHING about this fight (other than the announcement), I think guys have gotten a little too excited about the video, since its the first peep we've heard.

Still, I think Robert got mindfucked a bit. Im sure he was just prepared for a photo shoot and some short video footage, not a guy yapping in his face the whole time. More than likely, that's why he just couldn't get his shit together.

It's just like going to chick's house and expecting to get some, just for you to find out that she's on her period when you get there. She did all the right things to let you know "it's about to go down"...she called you after 10PM, told you that she was about to get in the shower, and to "come over"...then ends it with, "I just want to chill tonight and watch a movie". In your mind, "chill and watch a movie" means "smash time", but it's REALLY just a "chill and watch a movie" night.

PS: Didn't Broner get butt-owned when Robert got in his face a few months ago? Why is he riding along with Mayweather and talking shit to Robert now? Man I tell ya, that dude is nothing short of a tool. It's like getting your big brother fight a guy, because you're not sure that you're gonna win. What a chump.

cray.gif that is the worse. You talk like a man scorned. And you know what sucks, they usually know the deal way ahead of time. I had that happen and I was pissed!

Here is the thing bro, if Mayweather was the quiet one and Robert was the one wolfing this thread would be talking about how sacred Floyd is and blah blah blah. I do no care what anyone says Robert was not the twitter gangsta he came across to be. What happen to humbling him? He can talk big shit to Broner and May on social networks but when it is time to pull that same bravado this dude caves and all he can say is "when I get mad I swing?" Serious? Broner needs to shut up and take notes. This kid is starting to annoy me. I am sure that was a calculated move by Mayweather to bring his lap dog with him.
checkleft
QUOTE (The Original MrFactor @ Mar 8 2013, 02:31 AM) *
Which guy was it that spit water on Klit?? Was it Chisora? It was disgusting, but hilarious. Chisora built that fight.

Yeah it was, I love it bro! I used to think most European fighters were arrogant and soft but lately they have been coming out with some dogs! It's awesome. Haye and chisora can build up any fight, then you got guys like Froch who can go balls to the wall and talk shit, and kessler who is just all out heart for twelve. I would love to see chisora fight arreola!
scdrking2
QUOTE (leonthegee @ Mar 6 2013, 11:14 PM) *
I cant believe people really thought Floyd was ducking this chump. Floyd looks about 150 already. Guerreros gonna have to cut 15 lbs at least.

Yeah. The most telling thing to me in the video is who is in better shape at this point. Floyd looks like he could make weight in 7-10 days. RG is looking kinda soft.
Cshel86
QUOTE (Dolimite @ Mar 8 2013, 07:32 AM) *
cray.gif that is the worse. You talk like a man scorned. And you know what sucks, they usually know the deal way ahead of time. I had that happen and I was pissed!

Here is the thing bro, if Mayweather was the quiet one and Robert was the one wolfing this thread would be talking about how sacred Floyd is and blah blah blah. I do no care what anyone says Robert was not the twitter gangsta he came across to be. What happen to humbling him? He can talk big shit to Broner and May on social networks but when it is time to pull that same bravado this dude caves and all he can say is "when I get mad I swing?" Serious? Broner needs to shut up and take notes. This kid is starting to annoy me. I am sure that was a calculated move by Mayweather to bring his lap dog with him.

Yep, posts like this, do nothing more than confirm the fact that some of you guys are putting waaaay too much mustard on this video. I'm not so sure Guerrero was all that shook, if anything, he was surprised, mindfucked, and annoyed.

Regardless of people saying that he's a "Twitter gangsta" and blah blah blah, in all actuality, Robert's a fighter, unlike most guys who spew the unthinkable on the internet. Sheesh, I HATE Robert Guerrero, but some of you guys are on Floyd's jock, harder than Broner, and its actually making me like Guerrero in this fight.

Chill out, it was a two minute video of Floyd taking full advantage of his gift of gab. Really though, is all of this trash talk really gonna matter on fight night? Truthfully, Guerrero doesn't HAVE TO talk, but he DOES have to throw punches on May 4th, and my only hope is that Robert doesn't pull a David Haye. If so, then I'll be back on the hate wagon harder than ever. Until then, some of you guys have temporarily made me a Robert Guerrero fan. cool.gif
checkleft
QUOTE (scdrking2 @ Mar 8 2013, 08:59 AM) *
Yeah. The most telling thing to me in the video is who is in better shape at this point. Floyd looks like he could make weight in 7-10 days. RG is looking kinda soft.

To me that isn't a bad thing for guerrero. He was never gonna match Floyd in speed so his best bet is to be bigger and try to bully him.

On another note, I know I come off hard on guerrero having watched his most meaningful fights (bout four or five) and labeling him dirty and such so I went back and tried rewatching the berto fight to see if I could take the bad taste of him out of my mind (notice how I said tried).

I seriously had to stop halfway through the 2nd smh. Both kds came off of him holding the back of bertos head and clubbing with the other hand! And the sad part is he had berto stunned and he didn't need to do that shit. It might sound stupid and nit picky but I notice a lot of little things when people are in the ring. And berto was never gonna get away from that left so idk why Robert had to resort to that man. Really chapped my ass
BoxingStill#1
QUOTE (checkleft @ Mar 8 2013, 10:25 AM) *
To me that isn't a bad thing for guerrero. He was never gonna match Floyd in speed so his best bet is to be bigger and try to bully him.

On another note, I know I come off hard on guerrero having watched his most meaningful fights (bout four or five) and labeling him dirty and such so I went back and tried rewatching the berto fight to see if I could take the bad taste of him out of my mind (notice how I said tried).

I seriously had to stop halfway through the 2nd smh. Both kds came off of him holding the back of bertos head and clubbing with the other hand! And the sad part is he had berto stunned and he didn't need to do that shit. It might sound stupid and nit picky but I notice a lot of little things when people are in the ring. And berto was never gonna get away from that left so idk why Robert had to resort to that man. Really chapped my ass

Hes not gonna get away with that nonsense in this fight. Between Floyds dad and the ref (not sure which one yet), add that with the fact he's gonna be frustrated (as ortiz did).. i see points deducted and a lopsided decision.. I know he's gonna try to bully him but he's gonna be eating leather all night.

If he can apply smart pressure he has a shot,.. I just cant see the adjustment. If he boxes he gets outclassed..If he bangs he gets beat up...He needs to find a happy meeting place somewhere in there (much like Cotto)...except he can use his size to his advantage...

Heres why ultimately he will not win... Floyed makes himself the boss in there. He always dictates the pace of the fight. Then turns up the heat as the fight draws on...Robert needs to be in shape and ready like he's never been
BoxingStill#1
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Mar 8 2013, 09:14 AM) *
Yep, posts like this, do nothing more than confirm the fact that some of you guys are putting waaaay too much mustard on this video. I'm not so sure Guerrero was all that shook, if anything, he was surprised, mindfucked, and annoyed.

Regardless of people saying that he's a "Twitter gangsta" and blah blah blah, in all actuality, Robert's a fighter, unlike most guys who spew the unthinkable on the internet. Sheesh, I HATE Robert Guerrero, but some of you guys are on Floyd's jock, harder than Broner, and its actually making me like Guerrero in this fight.

Chill out, it was a two minute video of Floyd taking full advantage of his gift of gab. Really though, is all of this trash talk really gonna matter on fight night? Truthfully, Guerrero doesn't HAVE TO talk, but he DOES have to throw punches on May 4th, and my only hope is that Robert doesn't pull a David Haye. If so, then I'll be back on the hate wagon harder than ever. Until then, some of you guys have temporarily made me a Robert Guerrero fan. cool.gif

Actually i agree,.. some folks are puttn waayyyy too much stock into this video..

Do people really expect Robert to out trash talk Floyed??

All I saw basically was frustration.. maybe a shred of intimidation..I know when I get pissed I get tongue tied a bit...

Floyeds marketability at its best...
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.