Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: The Problem vs. The Magic Man
FightHype Community > BOXING HYPE > Boxing
Pages: 1, 2
Dolimite
I admit, I have shitted on Paulie so many times but recently he has won me over. His commentating is beautiful and even with the lack of power he has he still goes out and fights his soft fisted ass off! Paulie has experience and can box, good foot work and heart; on the other hand we have Adrien. I am starting to lose my liking for Adrien because he tries to hard and his antics are a little annoying. However, I can not deny the dude's power and skill set. I do not want to see Magic man take a beating. His punches will not hurt Adrien maybe he can out box him but I honestly think Paulie should fight someone else. But then again Paulie doesn't back down and I appreciate that, at the same time he should think is this a fight that I really want? By the way, what network would they be fighting on if they do fight?
mitukczuk
I don't really like this fight. But I am sure it will happen because they need to rush Borner's start up. Paulie can box but it will look similar to his fight with Khan. Too much speed, too much power + defense! Paulie will lose his title, you can bet your house on it. BUT I admire him for fighting the best and taking on all comers. Good fight but I would much rather see Broner sweep the JWW division first.
checkleft
Not too much size to give up here but I doubt it happens. Paulie is lined up with showtime and broner seems to be tied with hbo
Plah
I wanted to see how Broner would have looked like in 140 vs Lucas, Danny and Peterson smh
Now we'll have to hear how he moved up 2 weight classes and got a belt right away.
wolterb
^lol yep. i agree completely about 140 - but i also take my hat off to him for goin to the proper weight bc he has looked really big in his recent bouts
mrchitown
I'm just appreciating the trash talk from Malinaggi at this point...And the funny thing is that he's making some valid points about not only Broner but about HBO as well
aTYpicalTYrant
QUOTE (Plah @ Mar 9 2013, 01:10 PM) *
I wanted to see how Broner would have looked like in 140 vs Lucas, Danny and Peterson smh
Now we'll have to hear how he moved up 2 weight classes and got a belt right away.

Can that be considered Ducking a division? Lol
I really am curious too see how he would fare against the competition at 140 myself. That division would give me a better idea on whether not he's "real." I see the potential though......
mgrover
Seems fighters in 140 are happy enough to jump to 147 for a chance at money. All seem like they want to cash out with a Mayweather or PAC fight while there the kids
Cshel86
Looks like Broner/Malignaggi is confirmed...aside from the venue.
Musashi100
it about time paulie give up that belt. i like paulie but we all know he just holding that belt for somebody greater than him to take it.
mrchitown
That's crazy, I really don't like this fight as I'd rather see Broner fight at 140 first but it should be interesting
The Original MrFactor
A hand picked opponent by Mayweather Jr Jr. Rather than take the rough road through 140, he goes after the most vulnerable guy at 147 with a belt. This is transparent as hell. I hope Paulie pulls off the upset. After Mayweather Jr jr beats Paulie, Jr jr is gonna have fewer low comp options. He cant go back to 135 because people just wont accept that. he could take on a 140 guy(Khan, Rios, garcia, Peterson, Matthyse et' al), but it better be a guy at the top of 140. Or he's gonna have to take a fight against one of the big leagueGs at 147, marquez, Bradley, Brook, Alexander or his legendary(in his own mind) daddy, Mayweather Jr. If Mayweather Jr Jr goes through 3 or 4 of those guys listed up there, he may deserve to get his real name back. Something his daddy didnt do when he was at 140-147.
Dolimite
QUOTE (The Original MrFactor @ Mar 10 2013, 03:57 AM) *
A hand picked opponent by Mayweather Jr Jr. Rather than take the rough road through 140, he goes after the most vulnerable guy at 147 with a belt. This is transparent as hell. I hope Paulie pulls off the upset. After Mayweather Jr jr beats Paulie, Jr jr is gonna have fewer low comp options. He cant go back to 135 because people just wont accept that. he could take on a 140 guy(Khan, Rios, garcia, Peterson, Matthyse et' al), but it better be a guy at the top of 140. Or he's gonna have to take a fight against one of the big leagueGs at 147, marquez, Bradley, Brook, Alexander or his legendary(in his own mind) daddy, Mayweather Jr. If Mayweather Jr Jr goes through 3 or 4 of those guys listed up there, he may deserve to get his real name back. Something his daddy didnt do when he was at 140-147.

I would love for him to fight Swift and Rios ( I know Top Rank Fighter), I would especially love for him to fight Peterson. That 140 division is loaded. He should clear that division out and wait to go up to 147. That 140 division is where it is at. I think jumping to 147 is a mistake.
Cshel86
Still scratching my head about this fight. Why? Why? Why?

If Broner's gonna move up, it needs to be a move to the 140 lb division. There's really no competition for him at 135, and he has no business at WW this soon.
Kratza
Wouldnt be surprised if he moved back down to 140 or atleast fight fighters from 140 at 147 after this fight, everyone seems to be moving to welter now anyway
sduck
Let's see how he performs first. Not every fighter does bad when they move up fast.
neophyte7
He will not have an easy time with Malignaggi...
The Original MrFactor
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Mar 11 2013, 04:13 PM) *

If Broner's gonna move up, it needs to be a move to the 140 lb division. There's really no competition for him at 135, and he has no business at WW this soon.

He is seizing an opportunity. Paulie is the weakest champ from 140-147. No punching power and smallish. There is that possibility that Paulie will outbox him. Its not a "BAD" fight. Just know what Mayweather Jr Jr is doing. He is looking for his Arturo Gatti here.
checkleft
QUOTE (mrchitown @ Mar 9 2013, 06:51 PM) *
I'm just appreciating the trash talk from Malinaggi at this point...And the funny thing is that he's making some valid points about not only Broner but about HBO as well

My goodness Paulie just won the p4p belt for trash talk! Did you hear what he said to thurman? Gave it to him raw! Even pulled out the "get the fuuk outta hea" Haha
Jack 1000
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Mar 11 2013, 03:13 PM) *

Agree!

Broner is a BONEHEAD for forgoing the talented 140 pound division to fight Malinaggi. Paulie has no punch, is not really a big name, and can still make fighters look bad. If Broner beats this guy, what does that prove? If Broner loses to Malinaggi, hahahahaha! Than HBO is really gonna fuck up on itself! I can see it though. Lamply bringing out the pom-poms about how Broner moved up two weight classes to win a world championship. (If Adrian wins)

There is a chance that it could be a good fight like Diaz-Malinaggi for good action. But most Diaz fights are like that. Paulie won his current belt from an unknown. I want to see Broner in there with a guy who can punch, who can hurt him, and see how "The Problem" reacts to "a problem." Paulie Malinaggi can't hurt Broner, so this is another "Ga-Ga" fight for HBO where Broner can cherry pick his way to opponents by avoiding 140 to win a fight against a fighter that few outside of the New York area are gonna care about.

Jack
Thebruntje
QUOTE (Jack 1000 @ Mar 12 2013, 08:17 PM) *
Agree!

Broner is a BONEHEAD for forgoing the talented 140 pound division to fight Malinaggi. Paulie has no punch, is not really a big name, and can still make fighters look bad. If Broner beats this guy, what does that prove? If Broner loses to Malinaggi, hahahahaha! Than HBO is really gonna fuck up on itself! I can see it though. Lamply bringing out the pom-poms about how Broner moved up two weight classes to win a world championship. (If Adrian wins)

There is a chance that it could be a good fight like Diaz-Malinaggi for good action. But most Diaz fights are like that. Paulie won his current belt from an unknown. I want to see Broner in there with a guy who can punch, who can hurt him, and see how "The Problem" reacts to "a problem." Paulie Malinaggi can't hurt Broner, so this is another "Ga-Ga" fight for HBO where Broner can cherry pick his way to opponents by avoiding 140 to win a fight against a fighter that few outside of the New York area are gonna care about.

Jack

When i first heard of this fight, i thought it was a bitch move by Broner, in my eyes he was just picking the weakest champion around to grab another belt, but after reflecting a little bit, i hink this fight might be good for boxing! Let's suppose Broner beats Paulie, i'm sure Thurman will start calling Broner out! I think a fight between Broner and Thurman would be very interesting! I know some people are accusing him of ducking the big names in 140 division, but most seem to forget that all the big names at 140 are soon going to move up : Garcia, Khan, Matthysse, Peterson... I don't think they're gonna stay too long at 140 ! Damn correct me if i'm wrong but i think Matthysse came in almost at 160 ibs on fight night against Dallas jr...
neophyte7
Malignaggi is better than anyone broner has fought.. .he can box and move and can be defensive when he wants. Broner could have some problems here
mrchitown
QUOTE (checkleft @ Mar 12 2013, 12:43 PM) *
My goodness Paulie just won the p4p belt for trash talk! Did you hear what he said to thurman? Gave it to him raw! Even pulled out the "get the fuuk outta hea" Haha

LOL He got at Thurman, I like Thurman but he lost that battle. Malinaggi shut him down when he told him he was in Brooklyn and your a visitor in my house
checkleft
QUOTE (mrchitown @ Mar 12 2013, 06:37 PM) *
LOL He got at Thurman, I like Thurman but he lost that battle. Malinaggi shut him down when he told him he was in Brooklyn and your a visitor in my house

He made him look ridiculous lol. Thurmans a nice prospect but he messed up calling out a loudmouth like Paulie to his face. He said "now look what you did, its your press conference and the attention is on me!" Haha. On the real tho can't believe thurman said he would have stopped cotto Smh.

Broner could have a very ugly fight on his hands. Paulie might have not looked great his last fight but the other dude was waay over weight and Paulie still held his own.
mgrover
Funny thing is I think Thurman would win
The Original MrFactor
QUOTE (mgrover @ Mar 12 2013, 08:20 PM) *
Funny thing is I think Thurman would win

I agree. I think he brutally stops Paulie.
Dolimite
I honestly would pull for Paulie in both of them, he has won me over. That dude is funny.
Franchize
Thurman probably would win but he's already annoying me. Number 1, get your resume' tighter before you go calling everyone out like they're ducking you. I hate this new Robert Guerrero school of calling out guys with no credentials shit. As much as Thurman calls guys out, he always seems to call out the little guys. Dude is barely a welterweight. He's clearly supposed to be fighting at 154. Call out Trout and Canelo. Call out Sergio. That's impressive. Not calling out Paulie, who really should be fighting at 140.

BTW, Paulie embarrassed the shit out of Thurman in that press conference.
Dolimite
QUOTE (Franchize @ Mar 13 2013, 12:06 PM) *
Thurman probably would win but he's already annoying me. Number 1, get your resume' tighter before you go calling everyone out like they're ducking you. I hate this new Robert Guerrero school of calling out guys with no credentials shit. As much as Thurman calls guys out, he always seems to call out the little guys. Dude is barely a welterweight. He's clearly supposed to be fighting at 154. Call out Trout and Canelo. Call out Sergio. That's impressive. Not calling out Paulie, who really should be fighting at 140.

BTW, Paulie embarrassed the shit out of Thurman in that press conference.

Do you have a link to that. The first person Mr. Suffering Suckatash faces that has a jab and some defense and a little power he is taking that L. Which is why he should still be trying to improve. Not only that but he gets hit way too easy.
daprofessor
paulie loses to broner by decision. broner doesn't have enough ass to stop him. paulie can take a shot. broner is to slick and quick.

paulie gets brutally stopped by thurman murman.
mrchitown
QUOTE (checkleft @ Mar 12 2013, 06:16 PM) *
He made him look ridiculous lol. Thurmans a nice prospect but he messed up calling out a loudmouth like Paulie to his face. He said "now look what you did, its your press conference and the attention is on me!" Haha. On the real tho can't believe thurman said he would have stopped cotto Smh.

Broner could have a very ugly fight on his hands. Paulie might have not looked great his last fight but the other dude was waay over weight and Paulie still held his own.

No way Thurman would've beat Cotto but he was right about a stoppage but he would've been the one getting stopped. And he isn't as bright as he thinks if he thinks he's going to out talk Malinaggi

Paulie is a seasoned vet, he knows what to do to win at this point, now whether or not he beats Broner is another story. But if he fights Thurman I think he just might beat him. No way in hell Thurman brutally stops Malinaggi. It's just some people you can't put down and put and he's one of them. Thurman isn't a bigger puncher then Cotto was at 147 and this would be a major step up for him. Thurman is doing what he's supposed to do and that's beat limited competition, who has a beat and what has he done to be a threat to Mainaggi?
checkleft
QUOTE (mrchitown @ Mar 13 2013, 08:31 PM) *
No way Thurman would've beat Cotto but he was right about a stoppage but he would've been the one getting stopped. And he isn't as bright as he thinks if he thinks he's going to out talk Malinaggi

Paulie is a seasoned vet, he knows what to do to win at this point, now whether or not he beats Broner is another story. But if he fights Thurman I think he just might beat him. No way in hell Thurman brutally stops Malinaggi. It's just some people you can't put down and put and he's one of them. Thurman isn't a bigger puncher then Cotto was at 147 and this would be a major step up for him. Thurman is doing what he's supposed to do and that's beat limited competition, who has a beat and what has he done to be a threat to Mainaggi?

+1

Paulie would probably make him look lost in there, and he totally called him out on his competition too! Lol it was pretty hilarious. And I'm with you, its not cake to stop Paulie. You can hate him or love him but hes one tough sob. Last dude he fought looked like he had 20 pounds over him just on his love handles! I think Paulie would pepper him and circle him to a UD barring a robbery.

But broner is a different story. He can fight both as the aggressor and as the counter puncher. But this is still an ugly fight for broner, if he pushes and cuts off the ring I think he can pull it out.
mgrover
I don't know if Cano managed to make Paulie look that shit and drop him, I think Thurman would hurt him. How about Cano vs Thurman wink.gif
flazi
no one from florida will out shit talk anyone from brooklyn lol. they got that shit in their dna. Paulie is a vet, love that dude.
mrchitown
QUOTE (checkleft @ Mar 14 2013, 07:11 AM) *
+1

Paulie would probably make him look lost in there, and he totally called him out on his competition too! Lol it was pretty hilarious. And I'm with you, its not cake to stop Paulie. You can hate him or love him but hes one tough sob. Last dude he fought looked like he had 20 pounds over him just on his love handles! I think Paulie would pepper him and circle him to a UD barring a robbery.

But broner is a different story. He can fight both as the aggressor and as the counter puncher. But this is still an ugly fight for broner, if he pushes and cuts off the ring I think he can pull it out.

I don't think Broner should've took the fight,though I think he'll win. I think they (GB and HBO) are pushing him too soon
Slumpage
QUOTE (flazi @ Mar 14 2013, 02:05 PM) *
no one from florida will out shit talk anyone from brooklyn lol. they got that shit in their dna. Paulie is a vet, love that dude.

Real talk, I liked the fact Thurman was on tryin it tho. That's how a hungry up an comer supposed to act imo..

Paulie gave him some ether tho, haha! That said, if Thurman was on point, when Paulie was going on about Keith needing to "up his money", he could've at least pointed out the fact that Cano wasn't exactly a draw himself. Then said something along the lines of the risk facing "one time" would be significantly higher, and THAT'S why Paulie talking money now... Instead he shut up an let Malignaggi slay him with the "my house" bars... laugh.gif
The Original MrFactor
Shit talking to me aint shit. Paulie ethered him... yadda yadda yadda... Thurman shoulda just closed it on him and said, "You talking shit, but can ya kick my ass?!?" that would have stopped it right there. Cause Paulie cant answer that truthfully with a resounding YES!
Slumpage
Well actually Paulie did go on to talk about how he felt Thurman is wide open etc, but then stopped himself. You can take that as either he didn't believe what he was saying, or just didn't wanna completely shit on dude after he just had a win. Thurman did try to go down that route, Paulie brought up his opposition which led to Thurman saying he would "take Cotto out"... I think Paulie thinks he could beat Thurman at this stage in his career, he just knows its a risk and Keith aint bringing enough $$$ to warrant that risk.

Shit talking helps build anticipation of a fight, sure it doesn't have any real bearing on the fight, but if it increases interest and makes it a bigger event, then thats a good thing imo.
Franchize
QUOTE (Dolimite @ Mar 13 2013, 06:25 PM) *
Do you have a link to that. The first person Mr. Suffering Suckatash faces that has a jab and some defense and a little power he is taking that L. Which is why he should still be trying to improve. Not only that but he gets hit way too easy.

I thought I was the only one who peeped that lisp lol. You can't sound gangsta and have a lisp with a big tongue lol "You betha not thuck me sthun. You betha not thuck me!"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XRFetef9wu4

mrchitown
QUOTE (Slumpage @ Mar 15 2013, 07:32 AM) *
Well actually Paulie did go on to talk about how he felt Thurman is wide open etc, but then stopped himself. You can take that as either he didn't believe what he was saying, or just didn't wanna completely shit on dude after he just had a win. Thurman did try to go down that route, Paulie brought up his opposition which led to Thurman saying he would "take Cotto out"... I think Paulie thinks he could beat Thurman at this stage in his career, he just knows its a risk and Keith aint bringing enough $$$ to warrant that risk.

Shit talking helps build anticipation of a fight, sure it doesn't have any real bearing on the fight, but if it increases interest and makes it a bigger event, then thats a good thing imo.

Totally agree, everybody knows that closed mouths don't get fed. And shit talking, trash talk, what ever someone wants to call it, adds intrigue to a bout. Most of the great fighters were trash talkers. The quiet one stuff that most pedal is really a myth. Just because you don't talk trash or because your quiet don't mean nothing, but most take it as if the person is bout that life lol. Let's not act like some quiet dudes aint p*ssy lol
The Original MrFactor
QUOTE (Slumpage @ Mar 15 2013, 09:32 AM) *

Damn shame that Thurman wont get his chance to get at Paulie. Mayweather Jr Jr is gonna snatch that title away as soon as he can.
daprofessor
QUOTE (The Original MrFactor @ Mar 15 2013, 06:50 AM) *
Shit talking to me aint shit. Paulie ethered him... yadda yadda yadda... Thurman shoulda just closed it on him and said, "You talking shit, but can ya kick my ass?!?" that would have stopped it right there. Cause Paulie cant answer that truthfully with a resounding YES!

that's called the bottom line. laugh.gif
daprofessor
QUOTE (Franchize @ Mar 15 2013, 11:12 AM) *
I thought I was the only one who peeped that lisp lol. You can't sound gangsta and have a lisp with a big tongue lol "You betha not thuck me sthun. You betha not thuck me!"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XRFetef9wu4

mike tyson made the lisp a scary thing back in the day. laugh.gif
daprofessor
QUOTE (mrchitown @ Mar 15 2013, 02:30 PM) *
Totally agree, everybody knows that closed mouths don't get fed. And shit talking, trash talk, what ever someone wants to call it, adds intrigue to a bout. Most of the great fighters were trash talkers. The quiet one stuff that most pedal is really a myth. Just because you don't talk trash or because your quiet don't mean nothing, but most take it as if the person is bout that life lol. Let's not act like some quiet dudes aint p*ssy lol

in the history of the sport...most of the bad ass dudes didn't talk shit. ali changed the game. now, shit talkers come a dime a dozen. proof: everybody and their mama busts rhymes and wanna be emcees. laugh.gif

very very few can throw hands. i'm jussayin.
Dolimite
QUOTE (daprofessor @ Mar 15 2013, 02:58 PM) *
in the history of the sport...most of the bad ass dudes didn't talk shit. ali changed the game. now, shit talkers come a dime a dozen. proof: everybody and their mama busts rhymes and wanna be emcees. laugh.gif

What makes it so bad that these so called rappers are so unoriginal that they have to bite off of other MCs name. Aesop Rocky and Chief Kiefa, I am like fucking really? These bitch ass rappers are so sorry. These dudes could not know a great lyric if it hit them. They are shooting stars and I don't mean starts literally. I hate em!

Thurman should just stop you are not going to out shit talk a Brooklyn Italian. Not going to happen. Like all the fighters from Florida has the worse speech and when they try to talk shit you cringe, see Roy Jones! Yawl Musta Forgot!!!! The Worse!
mrchitown
QUOTE (daprofessor @ Mar 15 2013, 03:58 PM) *

And those rappers you talk about actually get down, BMF, Joe Budden and Consequence got into it and they not even street emcess. Hell Chie Keef, Durk, and Reese are kids and they known to get down in the street over petty stuff.

And you just proved my point, the sport just like the world has changed. Quiet doesn't equal tough or bottom line that their bad asses, you just quiet. This aint the 20's lol. Those days are over, it's a new era and you either adapt or you get ate up. Ward seems like a quiet guy don't he, now he's butt hurt acting out of character. And this is the best pub that brotha ever got lol

Like I said people who quiet or don't talk shit actually being bout that life is a myth
Dolimite
QUOTE (mrchitown @ Mar 15 2013, 02:48 PM) *
And those rappers you talk about actually get down, BMF, Joe Budden and Consequence got into it and they not even street emcess. Hell Chie Keef, Durk, and Reese are kids and they known to get down in the street over petty stuff.

And you just proved my point, the sport just like the world has changed. Quiet doesn't equal tough or bottom line that their bad asses, you just quiet. This aint the 20's lol. Those days are over, it's a new era and you either adapt or you get ate up. Ward seems like a quiet guy don't he, now he's butt hurt acting out of character. And this is the best pub that brotha ever got lol

Like I said people who quiet or don't talk shit actually being bout that life is a myth

Chi, that is what I am saying, if talking shit ain't you then do not start because it makes you look stupid. At least Ward did get some traffic to his name that is a good thing. I just have a feeling Floyd ain't dropping this no time soon. Chi, what the hell is up with the Bulls and is Rose coming back?
neophyte7
To hell with Rose... Bulls need to get rid of that injury prone primadonna who will only come back to get hurt again. Besides he was too dumb to take his own SAT--- LOL mellow.gif
daprofessor
QUOTE (Dolimite @ Mar 15 2013, 05:07 PM) *
What makes it so bad that these so called rappers are so unoriginal that they have to bite off of other MCs name. Aesop Rocky and Chief Kiefa, I am like fucking really? These bitch ass rappers are so sorry. These dudes could not know a great lyric if it hit them. They are shooting stars and I don't mean starts literally. I hate em!

Thurman should just stop you are not going to out shit talk a Brooklyn Italian. Not going to happen. Like all the fighters from Florida has the worse speech and when they try to talk shit you cringe, see Roy Jones! Yawl Musta Forgot!!!! The Worse!

a quick look at the emcees from florida backs up your theory.
daprofessor
QUOTE (mrchitown @ Mar 15 2013, 05:48 PM) *

i don't know who any of those guys are and i couldn't name a single joint from any of them to save my life. hard with a gun....and nice with your hands are 2 different things. a little girl can bust caps.

i'm saying the real gangsters running shit don't need to talk. you ever heard anything from al haymon? the defense rest your honor. no more questions. laugh.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.