Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: HBO@9:30PM(ET)/6:30(PT) Cloud vs. Hopkins-SPOILERS
FightHype Community > BOXING HYPE > Boxing
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4
Jack 1000
Follow all the action for the Cloud-Hopkins fight in this thread. See if the old man can win another world championship and break his own record! Or will the youth of the "Thunder Cloud" prove too much? Find out here!

Jack

Administrator
mitukczuk
Its 8pm here in Europe. The fight starts at about 4am. Challenge accepted.
Cshel86
QUOTE (mitukczuk @ Mar 9 2013, 02:12 PM) *
Its 8pm here in Europe. The fight starts at about 4am. Challenge accepted.

Just hold off on the booze, or take a nap...whichever comes first. You'll be good and ready to watch it then. laugh.gif
Cshel86
*deeply inhales and exhales*

A fresh round by round thread!

Thurman/Zaveck: If Zaveck doesn't sit around and wait to see how hard Thurman hits, then we'll see an interesting fight. A guy with a good jab, can keep Thurman off...or any fighter for that matter. Somehow, someway, I feel that Zaveck will come out here fighting as if he's getting "paid" to NOT fight...translation: He will fight as if he was called to make Thurman look good.

In my mind, I can see Zaveck dropping Thurman with a counter shot, as he (Thurman) rushes in...since he does like chase guys down. He's never careful when he does that, maybe that will be his downfall this evening. Anyway...Thurman by TKO in the 4th...if Zaveck doesn't come to fight an intelligent fight.

Hopkins/Cloud: As I mentioned earlier in the preview thread, this is Hopkins' fight to lose. Cloud has enough power to put the old man down and finish him. The question is, can he do it before Hopkins gets comfortable and starts thinking in there? That remains to be seen.

If Cloud cant make Hopkins hesitant and make easy work of him within 7 rounds, then we'll see Hopkins take the wheel from there, in a nasty, gutsy, inside fight. Cloud doesn't have a decent straight punch in the holster, so I expect to see a bunch of leaping hooks...hopes he doesn't get countered coming in.

If Hopkins is against the ropes (or anywhere close), a split second of doubt and an extremely small lapse in reflexes, will have him eating a hook and tasting the canvas. We'll see straight right hands followed by an attempted headbutt, and some rough tactics on the inside from Hops...in that order.

Anyhow, I have Cloud by TKO, within 5 rounds. Hopkins has shown some slowing down, and we've seen him hurt way too often in the past 3 years.
mitukczuk
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Mar 9 2013, 04:43 PM) *
Just hold off on the booze, or take a nap...whichever comes first. You'll be good and ready to watch it then. laugh.gif

If I take a nap Ill wake up at 10am the next day. Unthinkable! Although I think it will happen and I will read about the result on FH. I am not suited for these. I was actually able to make it only once for the Mayweather/Ortiz fight....it was totally worth it......not biggrin.gif

Anyways...I am not sure about this one. Too many question marks. I like Hopkins because he is trying to rewrite history yet again. On the other hand, he needs to get that one final loss and finally ride off to the sunset. However, if he loses, I can already imagine all the talking he will do. Now when I think about it, it would be kinda nice to see him on his ass...I am torn!!!! The hell with predictions...Im rooting for both!
neophyte7
Hopkins has a great chin still and people see him being stopped and KOd... no.. Pascal was explosively quick and landed shots in a funny spot on Hopkins head not he chin... Hopkins is not getting Kod or stopped in this bout
BigFightFan
This is an interesting fight, I'm sure Hopkins will try to mirror some of the same success Campillo had against Cloud. Cloud needs to press the action from the opening bell and avoid giving Hopkins a chance to out think him. If cloud isn't up on the cards after 6 rounds Hopkins will win yet another title.
Cshel86
Worst case scenario, this fight has A LOT of controversy involved, ends in controversy, and warrants a rematch. We are talking about a Hopkins fight here. Lol
mgrover
Just got in from an all day session of drinking, I think I should make peace with the fact I will never again have enough endurance for any form of competitive sports tongue.gif aside from darts biggrin.gif
mgrover
QUOTE (neophyte7 @ Mar 9 2013, 11:24 PM) *
Hopkins has a great chin still and people see him being stopped and KOd... no.. Pascal was explosively quick and landed shots in a funny spot on Hopkins head not he chin... Hopkins is not getting Kod or stopped in this bout

I don't know about chin but his D is more or less why he can keep going at this age, same with James Toney. While Hopkins doesn't use a shoulder roll he certainly uses his shoulder to block shots.
Cshel86
QUOTE (mgrover @ Mar 9 2013, 09:03 PM) *
Just got in from an all day session of drinking, I think I should make peace with the fact I will never again have enough endurance for any form of competitive sports tongue.gif aside from darts biggrin.gif

Darts?! Isn't that just as dangerous? And what were you all drinking?
Cshel86
Thurman needs to stay at WW, he looks great tonight. At 154, he looked real flabby.
Cshel86
Thurman landed the more solid shots, but Zaveck isn't letting him pun him. Both guys are red in the face, from shots landing.

Zaveck needs to move a liiiitle bit more, his head is right there for Thurman's right hand, not to mention those body shots landing.
Cshel86
Good second round for Zaveck (for applying pressure), but Thurman still won that round.

I would like to see Zaveck move in and out, instead of freezing in front of Thurman and letting him get his combinations in.
Cshel86
3rd round goes to Thurman. It seems like Zavec is just lost in there. He's trying the right hand, but he's lunging and missing.
KOpower
I really like what Thurman is showing me, even if it is against lesser opposition. He is just pounding Zaveck over and over with a variety of shots. It APPEARS Thurman has a decent chin. That is important b/c as he moves on in his career, he will NEED to take shots. His defense isn't great and he still gets tagged.
Cshel86
These body shots are gonna have Zavec in the hospital this evening. I can imagine that some of them are landing on the waste guard, but he's also feeling some of them.
leonthegee
Very impressed with Thurman tonight. Zaveks not much opposition but Thurmans showing good boxing ability and he can punch. I always thought he was a little too street fighter and not enough boxer before. Tonight I like his movement and the way hes setting up his shots.
Cshel86
Gave the 6th to Zavec...a comparative round of course. As Max mentioned, it seems that Zavec found something by shortening his left hook and landing that overhand right hand.
Cshel86
One would have to wonder how hard Thurman truly punches...you'd think that Zavec would've been in a baptized position by now.
Cshel86
First time I've seen Zavec truly hurt in the fight, at the end of the 10th. If Zavec doesn't get his legs back, then Thurman will step on the gas and finish it.
mrchitown
This was a good win for Thurman, and it's god he went the full 12. A definite learning experience for him

And I gotta give Lampely props on the Wire comments....the GOAT show
BigDDatHomey
One Time...

I like this dude.

Good fight for him.
Cheesey1
Damn! That Corona girl has to be one of, if not, the finest Corona girls I've seen so far.
Cshel86
QUOTE (mrchitown @ Mar 9 2013, 10:36 PM) *
This was a good win for Thurman, and it's god he went the full 12. A definite learning experience for him

And I gotta give Lampely props on the Wire comments....the GOAT show

I was glad he went the whole 12 as well, thats good for him. And the Wire comments...good job for Lampley, but Dexter is the best show out there. laugh.gif

QUOTE (Cheesey1 @ Mar 9 2013, 10:40 PM) *
Damn! That Corona girl has to be one of, if not the finest Corona girl I've seen so far.

Tell me about it...had me thinking of some creepy things when I saw here. We all have that "inner creep" in us. Lol
Cheesey1
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Mar 9 2013, 10:42 PM) *
I was glad he went the whole 12 as well, thats good for him. And the Wire comments...good job for Lampley, but Dexter is the best show out there. laugh.gif

Tell me about it...had me thinking of some creepy things when I saw here. We all have that "inner creep" in us. Lol

Lord have mercy! She could get my 'inner creep' whenever she wanted it.
Cshel86
QUOTE (Cheesey1 @ Mar 9 2013, 10:43 PM) *
Lord have mercy! She could get my 'inner creep' whenever she wanted it.

You aren't one of those "sleep with her, kill her, tie her up, and dump her in the river" type of creeps are you? laugh.gif
mrchitown
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Mar 9 2013, 09:42 PM) *

I can relate more to them Bmore cats from the Wire then Dexter but it is a cool show lol

Thurman looked a bit gassed to me in the later RDs but once Zaveck got that cut he got rejuvenated and just kept the pressure on. I also like his post fight interview, he seems to be maturing nicely
Cshel86
QUOTE (mrchitown @ Mar 9 2013, 10:48 PM) *
I can relate more to them Bmore cats from the Wire then Dexter but it is a cool show lol

Thurman looked a bit gassed to me in the later RDs but once Zaveck got that cut he got rejuvenated and just kept the pressure on. I also like his post fight interview, he seems to be maturing nicely

I feel ya! The Wire was pretty good, for the few episodes I did see.

Thurman is growing on me though, good fight for him.

Goddamn Tavoris Cloud looks like the daddy from Good Times.
Cheesey1
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Mar 9 2013, 10:46 PM) *
You aren't one of those "sleep with her, kill her, tie her up, and dump her in the river" type of creeps are you? laugh.gif

Ha! Nah man, I'm talking about TLC 'creeping'.
mrchitown
What the hell did Cloud say? LOL
mrchitown
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Mar 9 2013, 09:51 PM) *
I feel ya! The Wire was pretty good, for the few episodes I did see.

Thurman is growing on me though, good fight for him.

Goddamn Tavoris Cloud looks like the daddy from Good Times.

He really does! I didn't notice that til you said it. He got kids to feed, B-Hop better be on his A game haha
daprofessor
was it me...or did cloud seem like he was reading from a script when he interviewed? laugh.gif
daprofessor
QUOTE (mrchitown @ Mar 9 2013, 11:55 PM) *
He really does! I didn't notice that til you said it. He got kids to feed, B-Hop better be on his A game haha

marvin gaye jr.
Cshel86
QUOTE (Cheesey1 @ Mar 9 2013, 10:53 PM) *
Ha! Nah man, I'm talking about TLC 'creeping'.

laugh.gif

QUOTE (mrchitown @ Mar 9 2013, 10:55 PM) *

We share the same sentiments sir. Lol
Cshel86
Thank you ref, get control of this shit early!

laugh.gif
mrchitown
This Ref is straight off the effin block lol
aTYpicalTYrant
Just walking in the house!!! Did I miss much in the first round?
BigFightFan
I didn't know Jeff Mayweather was also a referee. He ain't going for that BS!
mrchitown
Cloud is showing his hand early. He's relying too much on the right. He's throwing the jab in hopes of the right landing right behind it
BigFightFan
Cloud needs to stick with those body shots and attack the head in the later rounds.
Cshel86
Decent two first rounds. Cloud is doing a lot of feinting, which isn't his game.
Cheesey1
QUOTE (BigFightFan @ Mar 9 2013, 11:06 PM) *
Cloud needs to stick with those body shots and attack the head in the later rounds.

Especially against an older guy.

Cloud landed a nice one to the body.
mrchitown
Hopkins defensive skills are still sharp, he's making Cloud think and I don't want to call anyone stupid but he's not a thinking fighter. The subtle movements of Hopkins is genius
aTYpicalTYrant
QUOTE (BigFightFan @ Mar 9 2013, 11:06 PM) *

That's how you break em down!
daprofessor
he's starting to open up and take over. cloud ain't doing anything.
mrchitown
3-1 Hopkins on my card
Cshel86
Hopkins is in there looking like a chemo patient.
daprofessor
QUOTE (mrchitown @ Mar 10 2013, 12:15 AM) *
3-1 Hopkins on my card

sounds right. cloud has to press the action if he wants to win. he did a little better this round.
Cshel86
Hopkins need to stay off the ropes, before one of those hooks land.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.