Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: HBO@9:30PM(ET)/6:30(PT) Cloud vs. Hopkins-SPOILERS
FightHype Community > BOXING HYPE > Boxing
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4
aTYpicalTYrant
Hopkins is dictating this fight for real thus far. This cut is going to become a target for BHop 4 sure.
mrchitown
True Professor, Cloud is allowing Bernard to just do what he wants.
Cshel86
James Evans needs to step on the gas here. Not much going on, but he's letting Hopkins get comfortable. If he doesn't do anything in this round or the 8th, then that's a wrap.
Cshel86
Somehow I think Hopkins "could" get robbed if this goes to the cards. King may not have many fighters left, but he still is Don King. No way he's in the bldg and fuckery doesn't happen...it just doesn't go down like that.
mrchitown
I think Cloud has been mentally taken out of the fight by Bernard
KOpower
Bernard was blessed with a VERY strong chin. He still has his craft. It is amazing what he is doing for a 48 year old.
aTYpicalTYrant
QUOTE (mrchitown @ Mar 9 2013, 11:28 PM) *
I think Cloud has been mentally taken out of the fight by Bernard

Yeah BHop has taken him out of his comfort zone for real.
Cshel86
Cloud landed a few shots to close the 8th...not sure if that won him the round or not. Cloud has the tools stop Hopkins, but he's thinking 3 times in there...too much going on upstairs to really do anything. Its not too late though.
aTYpicalTYrant
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Mar 9 2013, 11:28 PM) *
Somehow I think Hopkins "could" get robbed if this goes to the cards. King may not have many fighters left, but he still is Don King. No way he's in the bldg and fuckery doesn't happen...it just doesn't go down like that.

Only in America...... I pray this shit goes down without any suspect bullshit
daprofessor
i thought cloud won the 8th...gave the 9th away. he needs to cut the ring and stop following him around.
Cshel86
QUOTE (aTYpicalTYrant @ Mar 9 2013, 11:32 PM) *
Only in America...... I pray this shit goes down without any suspect bullshit

Those first few rounds were a bit awkward and hard to score in spots...that COULD be an easy way for the judges to dick up the score cards.
mrchitown
QUOTE (aTYpicalTYrant @ Mar 9 2013, 10:31 PM) *
Yeah BHop has taken him out of his comfort zone for real.

Ward was right, he should've had a continuous effort to the body early on

I have it 6-3 Hopkins at this point
aTYpicalTYrant
QUOTE (daprofessor @ Mar 9 2013, 11:35 PM) *
i thought cloud won the 8th...gave the 9th away. he needs to cut the ring and stop following him around.

I don't understand it professor.... I thought Cloud was at least going to attempt to maintain his consistency from the 8th. His hesitation is going to help cost him the fight. He's been losing the mental portion of it. I don't expect everyone to be a master tactician but you still have to stick to what works.
daprofessor
QUOTE (aTYpicalTYrant @ Mar 10 2013, 12:39 AM) *
I don't understand it professor.... I thought Cloud was at least going to attempt to maintain his consistency from the 8th. His hesitation is going to help cost him the fight. He's been losing the mental portion of it. I don't expect everyone to be a master tactician but you still have to stick to what works.

he's so subtle with what he does but ward said it best...he's keeping cloud guessing.
Cshel86
I just peeped that daprofessor was in the bldg with us tonight!

drinks.gif
aTYpicalTYrant
Tavoris Cloud is aware that he is behind on the cards right? All BHop needs to do is survive round 12.
daprofessor
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Mar 10 2013, 12:41 AM) *
I just peeped that daprofessor was in the bldg with us tonight!

drinks.gif

smile.gif
cheers
Cshel86
Cloud is poo poo on the bottom of my shoes right now.

Somehow, I think these rounds are closer than they appear...maybe to someone whose pockets have been taken care of in advance.

Cloud should be embarrassed.
BigFightFan
QUOTE (aTYpicalTYrant @ Mar 9 2013, 11:43 PM) *
Tavoris Cloud is aware that he is behind on the cards right? All BHop needs to do is survive round 12.

Hopkins will barely engage in this round
daprofessor
bhop is a genius. he's going to go down as the best of this era.
daprofessor
QUOTE (BigFightFan @ Mar 10 2013, 12:44 AM) *

looks to me like he's throwing heat.
mrchitown
I had B-Hop 9-3...LEGEND!!!!
Cshel86
If you have an Ace in your hand, Cloud has a "King" in his hand, that will trump yours. Let's see how the cards will look.
aTYpicalTYrant
QUOTE (BigFightFan @ Mar 9 2013, 11:44 PM) *

He actually engaged more than I expected the first half of the round. But Cloud is smacked out of his mind to remain so timid. He's a champion.
neophyte7
Clearly Hopkins... whatever the cards
mrchitown
I didn't know King still had power in boxing lol

I'm disappointed in Cloud's sportsmanship at the end, that was bitchassness at it's best
aTYpicalTYrant
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Mar 9 2013, 11:48 PM) *
If you have an Ace in your hand, Cloud has a "King" in his hand, that will trump yours. Let's see how the cards will look.

Never heard that one. If you just made it up you should loan it to Don King.
BigFightFan
QUOTE (aTYpicalTYrant @ Mar 9 2013, 11:49 PM) *
He actually engaged more than I expected the first half of the round. But Cloud is smacked out of his mind to remain so timid. He's a champion.

He surprised me by standing his ground
mrchitown
Don King's stable is looking real weak out here lol...Not looking good for the old man
Cshel86
QUOTE (aTYpicalTYrant @ Mar 9 2013, 11:50 PM) *
Never heard that one. If you just made it up you should loan it to Don King.

laugh.gif

Surprised that the cards were actually correct...I just felt something would go wrong. I was wrong this time, as well as my prediction.
neophyte7
Hopkins getting stopped LMAO--- this guy is tremendous one of the greatest ever
Cshel86
QUOTE (mrchitown @ Mar 9 2013, 11:50 PM) *

I'm disappointed in Cloud's sportsmanship at the end, that was bitchassness at it's best

I missed it, what happened?
BigFightFan
Cloud and Richardson were some real A-holes after the fight. Very disrespectful to cloud and king
VJones
X...........

It's not pretty. It's not shiny. But it's brilliant.

117-111

Good fight. And he messed up poor TC's handsome face.

Love the history. Love the art.
BigFightFan
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Mar 9 2013, 11:53 PM) *

Hopkins initiated it
aTYpicalTYrant
QUOTE (neophyte7 @ Mar 9 2013, 11:53 PM) *
Hopkins getting stopped LMAO

Congrats to BHop! Oldest champ EVER! He needs to be considered one of the best of this era for sure! I hope he retires on top.
mrchitown
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Mar 9 2013, 10:53 PM) *

Hopkins went to his corner and tried to be gentleman like, but Cloud was saying some negative things about him and the fight
neophyte7
QUOTE (aTYpicalTYrant @ Mar 9 2013, 11:55 PM) *
Congrats to BHop! Oldest champ EVER! He needs to be considered one of the best of this era for sure! I hope he retires on top.

of any era
mrchitown
QUOTE (BigFightFan @ Mar 9 2013, 10:53 PM) *
Cloud and Richardson were some real A-holes after the fight. Very disrespectful to cloud and king

Show me where Hopkins initiated that? I'm waiting! When Hopkins went to his corner to congratulate him, you could clearly hear Cloud saying disparaging remarks to him and when the decision was announced, Naz and hopkins returned the favor
Cshel86
QUOTE (mrchitown @ Mar 9 2013, 11:55 PM) *
Hopkins went to his corner and tried to be gentleman like, but Cloud was saying some negative things about him and the fight

Ohhhh...I saw them talking, but I didn't hear all of it. I'll go back and check.

Looks like the mofo declined an interview as well. Country ass bum, smh.
daprofessor
QUOTE (mrchitown @ Mar 10 2013, 12:50 AM) *

i missed it...what happened?
BigFightFan
QUOTE (mrchitown @ Mar 9 2013, 11:57 PM) *
Show me where Hopkins initiated that? I'm waiting! When Hopkins went to his corner to congratulate him, you could clearly hear Cloud saying disparaging remarks to him and when the decision was announced, Naz and hopkins returned the favor

Hopkins was saying do you respect me now and Cloud said I told you I would respect you after the fight. Usually after the bought everyone shakes hands and keep it moving. B-hop was on some BS and so was Nazim
aTYpicalTYrant
QUOTE (neophyte7 @ Mar 9 2013, 11:56 PM) *
of any era

I still give that to Ali. But we are all entitled to our opinion. And I can respect that. Lol
mrchitown
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Mar 9 2013, 10:57 PM) *
Ohhhh...I saw them talking, but I didn't hear all of it. I'll go back and check.

Looks like the mofo declined an interview as well. Country ass bum, smh.

Some of it was inaduible but if you watch it again, you can hear some stuff and Cloud was saying how he respects Hopkins as a fighter but...I think he really felt that he got butted but that was really a punch. you could see that he was talking sh*t to Hopkins after the fight, I don't see how he could be disrepsecting someone who started with him
Musashi100
not that impressive of a win at all. never was a b-hop fan an never will be.
mrchitown
QUOTE (BigFightFan @ Mar 9 2013, 11:00 PM) *
Hopkins was saying do you respect me now and Cloud said I told you I would respect you after the fight. Usually after the bought everyone shakes hands and keep it moving. B-hop was on some BS and so was Nazim

He said alot more then that, that look on his face definitely didn't read like someone who was showing respect. Maybe I need to get my eyes checked but I think the cry baby got what he deserved. His denial of doing a post fight interview says it all as well. I can't call Hopkins and Nazim classless when another man started it
mrchitown
QUOTE (Musashi100 @ Mar 9 2013, 11:01 PM) *

You sound like a hater lmao
daprofessor
i know to average eyes it looks like bhops doesn't do much...but the things he does are so subtle...and definitely not easy. to stand in the pocket facing a bull of a fighter and neutralize him the way he did...is not easy at all and it's amazing. his understanding of distance, angles, strengths, weaknesses....he is showing you very basic things and he does them in an excellent fashion. there's a reason cloud didn't go in swinging non stop. there's a reason his output numbers went down. that reason is bernard hopkins.
aTYpicalTYrant
QUOTE (Musashi100 @ Mar 10 2013, 12:01 AM) *

How you win is irrelevant when compared to winning.
I'll take an ugly "W" over a beautiful "L" ALL DAY EVERY DAY!
mrchitown
QUOTE (daprofessor @ Mar 9 2013, 11:06 PM) *
i know to average eyes it looks like bhops doesn't do much...but the things he does are so subtle...and definitely not easy. to stand in the pocket facing a bull of a fighter and neutralize him the way he did...is not easy at all and it's amazing. his understanding of distance, angles, strengths, weaknesses....he is showing you very basic things and he does them in an excellent fashion. there's a reason cloud didn't go in swinging non stop. there's a reason his output numbers went down. that reason is bernard hopkins.

Well said Professor. Many claim to love boxing but don't appreciate "the sweet science". And Bernard exemplifies that
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.