Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Hopkins vs Murat
FightHype Community > BOXING HYPE > Boxing
BrutUalBK
http://www.fightnews.com/Boxing/murat-read...-hopkins-177402

Personally, i don't see this guy as being ready for the experience level of BHop. Sure ppl say that workrate is the key to beating Nard but I disagree that it is only workrate; you have to have a good jab as well.

DISCUSS!!
Dolimite
Forget the physical aspect, the mental aspect I say is just as important. Sure you go in there thinking that you are going to beat a 48 year old man by out working him, but the IQ and ring generalship will neutralize all that. See Cloud and a bunch of other young guns who fought B Hop! Dawson I admit did what he had to do and for that I respect him but not everyone has Dawson's poise. I think you have to be patient, poise, and smart to be Barnard at this stage. With a name like Barnard you think the dude is a science geek, what a great boxer and better story!
BrutUalBK
QUOTE (Dolimite @ Mar 12 2013, 12:52 PM) *
Forget the physical aspect, the mental aspect I say is just as important. Sure you go in there thinking that you are going to beat a 48 year old man by out working him, but the IQ and ring generalship will neutralize all that. See Cloud and a bunch of other young guns who fought B Hop! Dawson I admit did what he had to do and for that I respect him but no everyone has Dawson's poise. I think you have to be patient, poise, and smart to be Barnard at this stage. With a name like Barnard you think the dude is a science geek, what a great boxer and better story!

Point blank, period!!
mrchitown
I hope B-Hop fights Cleverly next. Nazim says he wants Hopkins to only fight boxers with belts from here on out. Even if he did fight this kid he better be ready to be victim #54
mrchitown
I saw Ward says he'd be open to fighting Bernard. I hope that fight doesn't materialize
BrutUalBK
QUOTE (mrchitown @ Mar 12 2013, 09:42 PM) *
I hope B-Hop fights Cleverly next. Nazim says he wants Hopkins to only fight boxers with belts from here on out. Even if he did fight this kid he better be ready to be victim #54

Pardon the pun but I don't believe that Nathan will be Cleverly enough to befuddle BHoptaSaurus Rex, the old dinosaur is just too smart and too technically skilled for him.
BrutUalBK
QUOTE (mrchitown @ Mar 13 2013, 02:09 AM) *
I saw Ward says he'd be open to fighting Bernard. I hope that fight doesn't materialize

Me too, I think Ward is only thinking of two things but only one of them being the main reason he wants this fight: #1 having Hopkins on his resume especially after Nard's recent achievement would definitely give him mass support because there are many who dislike Hop and want to see his reign come to an end, plus Andre wants to prove that he being a student of Hopkins has learned and is now ready to dethrone him and show that the student has become the Master.

#2 reason is as it is with all fighters; money!$$$
Franchize
I thought Hopkins said they "couldn't pay him enough to fight Andre Ward."
BrutUalBK
QUOTE (Franchize @ Mar 13 2013, 12:24 PM) *
I thought Hopkins said they "couldn't pay him enough to fight Andre Ward."

That's true but Ward said he'd have no problem facing Hops.
daprofessor
murat = hakkar

i haven't even seen this guy yet. it's just a guess. laugh.gif
BrutUalBK
QUOTE (daprofessor @ Mar 13 2013, 04:11 PM) *
murat = hakkar

i haven't even seen this guy yet. it's just a guess. laugh.gif

I hope not, that dude (Moradde) should've been on the France Olympic Team with how fast he was running from BHop, I bet dude could've outrun Ben Johnson.
daprofessor
"It was the subtle things that I was doing. The people that are watching the fight that are doing the blow-by-blow, they actually don't know what I'm doing. But now, they appreciate the craft of boxing."
-bhop
mrchitown
QUOTE (BrutUalBK @ Mar 13 2013, 07:06 AM) *
Me too, I think Ward is only thinking of two things but only one of them being the main reason he wants this fight: #1 having Hopkins on his resume especially after Nard's recent achievement would definitely give him mass support because there are many who dislike Hop and want to see his reign come to an end, plus Andre wants to prove that he being a student of Hopkins has learned and is now ready to dethrone him and show that the student has become the Master.

#2 reason is as it is with all fighters; money!$$$

I don't think Cleverly has anything for Hopkins either but he's been wanting the fight for a very long time now

Yeah, Ward trying to reach that next level of financial status. I can't be mad at that but it's still a fight that I wouldn't want to see
daprofessor
QUOTE (mrchitown @ Mar 13 2013, 09:37 PM) *
I don't think Cleverly has anything for Hopkins either but he's been wanting the fight for a very long time now

Yeah, Ward trying to reach that next level of financial status. I can't be mad at that but it's still a fight that I wouldn't want to see

at least cleverly seems like a guy that is willing to go balls to the wall to try and win. i was extremely disappointed in clouds effort...or should i say lack thereof. laugh.gif
BrutUalBK
QUOTE (daprofessor @ Mar 26 2013, 02:40 PM) *
at least cleverly seems like a guy that is willing to go balls to the wall to try and win. i was extremely disappointed in clouds effort...or should i say lack thereof. laugh.gif

Cloud was taken out of his game instantaneously, he expected Hopkins to be on his bike (as he usually starts slow) so he was totally unprepared to see Nard right in front of him. Even when a fighter (no matter who they are) wins vs BHop they still manage to look the worse they've ever looked in a fight.

Cleverly would be no different, Hops uses their aggression against them<<<I believe he prefers a fighter coming right at him.
mrchitown
QUOTE (daprofessor @ Mar 26 2013, 01:40 PM) *

Cloud got shell shocked from the beginning. Cleverly poses some problems but he'll lose too
daprofessor
QUOTE (mrchitown @ Mar 26 2013, 05:48 PM) *
Cloud got shell shocked from the beginning. Cleverly poses some problems but he'll lose too

the guy that is going to stop him has to lay it all on the line. bite down on that mouth piece and force the old man into exchanges continuously because he can't fight for 3 minutes of every round. dawson did that the best he could. that was the worse i've ever seen bhop look...and it still wasn't that bad. laugh.gif the only time he may have looked worse was against robert allen 1 when he jumped out the ring to save himself.
mrchitown
QUOTE (daprofessor @ Mar 26 2013, 06:46 PM) *
the guy that is going to stop him has to lay it all on the line. bite down on that mouth piece and force the old man into exchanges continuously because he can't fight for 3 minutes of every round. dawson did that the best he could. that was the worse i've ever seen bhop look...and it still wasn't that bad. laugh.gif the only time he may have looked worse was against robert allen 1 when he jumped out the ring to save himself.

Damn you really took it back with that one lol...Dawson did make him look somewhat ordinary but he still didn't beat Bernard. It's going to take a special fighter to get the old man outta there
mgrover
I think it requires more of a fighter than doesn't believe in the hype of the executioner. A fighter willing to go balls to the wall and stop giving him so much respect will win. Bernard can't fight for 3 minutes thats right on the money, so he slows the fight down to an unbelievably slow pace, and when people try to speed it up, he halts the action with something, a clinch or some movement.
BrutUalBK
QUOTE (mgrover @ Mar 27 2013, 08:28 PM) *
I think it requires more of a fighter than doesn't believe in the hype of the executioner. A fighter willing to go balls to the wall and stop giving him so much respect will win. Bernard can't fight for 3 minutes thats right on the money, so he slows the fight down to an unbelievably slow pace, and when people try to speed it up, he halts the action with something, a clinch or some movement.

Exactly!! Which is why he has been able to last in this game for so long because he uses his ring IQ to get the job done; i like his quote he said one time "90% of boxing is mental"!! Da Professor probably remembers that I used to have this as my quote over at another lame boxing forum we were both on.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.