Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: floyd taking shots at ward!?
FightHype Community > BOXING HYPE > Boxing
Pages: 1, 2, 3
Franchize
I don't agree with Mayweather's comments, but doesn't it seem like he's sitting at home like "Gotcha!" to Andre Ward. Neither have fought in a while. Neither are fighting anyone that sells out arenas but off this little twitter feud alone, we've accumulated 10 pages worth of discussion lol
leonthegee
QUOTE (Franchize @ Mar 15 2013, 08:09 AM) *
I don't agree with Mayweather's comments, but doesn't it seem like he's sitting at home like "Gotcha!" to Andre Ward. Neither have fought in a while. Neither are fighting anyone that sells out arenas but off this little twitter feud alone, we've accumulated 10 pages worth of discussion lol

Floyds that dude man. He knows how to promote. 4 months ago Guerrero was a cherrypick fight. And then with one little tweet later people were convinced Floyd was ducking him. The mans in boxing to make money and hes making a shit load.
Dolimite
Just read Ward's response that he gave Fight Hype, can't argue what he said. I hope Floyd takes the Olive branch and be done with it. Both men are great for boxing. They add their own unique personality. I guess Floyd lost a fan. I hope he walks in with Guerrero on fight night!
daprofessor
QUOTE (leonthegee @ Mar 15 2013, 08:52 AM) *
Come on professor. Your reaching now. Nobodies saying Ward isnt a great fighter. Beibers more popular than Sting but that doesnt make him the better artist. Broners getting 1.4 mil views after 2 headline performances. You think that numbers going down?

i guess i live in a different world. i CANNOT name you one single beiber song. in addition to that, sting has been selling out concerts worldwide longer than that kid has been alive. i don't understand your rationale for saying 'this guy is more popular than that guy.' it reminds me of martin lawrence claiming he was the greatest comedian of all time because of his numbers. that shit was laughable back then and it's still funny as shit to me now.
daprofessor
QUOTE (Franchize @ Mar 15 2013, 11:07 AM) *
This +1000

Respect and honor is cool. It will help you sleep better at night. However, not maximizing your marketability is stupid. This guy is talented inside and outside of the ring. He's speaks far better than Floyd. He's knowledgeable and charismatic. He has a far better reputation with in terms of his seemingly squeaky clean background. I'm not saying sell your soul to the devil but there's no reason why Ward shouldn't be a household name. I think he's doing himself a huge disservice.

i think he's on the path. there were a lot of things that lead floyd to be in the position he is in. things don't always work out that way for everyone. ward will make his way. he might not ever be on floyds level....but in all honesty, i don't think we'll see anyone on floyds level for a very long time.
daprofessor
QUOTE (Dolimite @ Mar 15 2013, 12:49 PM) *
Just read Ward's response that he gave Fight Hype, can't argue what he said. I hope Floyd takes the Olive branch and be done with it. Both men are great for boxing. They add their own unique personality. I guess Floyd lost a fan. I hope he walks in with Guerrero on fight night!

floyd doesn't strike me as the type to let shit ride. he'll make a back handed remark about it at some point. watch. laugh.gif
daprofessor
QUOTE (Marcus @ Mar 15 2013, 04:54 AM) *
ANDRE WARD CHALLENFED FLOYD TO FIGHT AT A CATCHWRIGHT OF 160 ON TWITTER

how rumors get started. laugh.gif
Dolimite
QUOTE (daprofessor @ Mar 15 2013, 02:18 PM) *
i think he's on the path. there were a lot of things that lead floyd to be in the position he is in. things don't always work out that way for everyone. ward will make his way. he might not ever be on floyds level....but in all honesty, i don't think we'll see anyone on floyds level for a very long time.

Be careful Professor you may be called a Floyd dick rider or nut hugger. You know how some dudes on this forum get when someone makes a compliment about Mayweather.

I think Floyd should let this thing go. All he has to say is I respect his opinion and be done. But knowing Floyd he will probably say "Well if he has so much confidence in his boy bet a million that he will beat me, he can't cause he don't have it. But shit, I will lend him the money to bet against me and bet he won't do it" With a few curse words in between. This will be the saga of this fight. Will Floyd fight Ward next? Boxing!
daprofessor
QUOTE (Dolimite @ Mar 15 2013, 04:58 PM) *
Be careful Professor you may be called a Floyd dick rider or nut hugger. You know how some dudes on this forum get when someone makes a compliment about Mayweather.

I think Floyd should let this thing go. All he has to say is I respect his opinion and be done. But knowing Floyd he will probably say "Well if he has so much confidence in his boy bet a million that he will beat me, he can't cause he don't have it. But shit, I will lend him the money to bet against me and bet he won't do it" With a few curse words in between. This will be the saga of this fight. Will Floyd fight Ward next? Boxing!

i've been a floyd fan since the amateurs. i've always held his skill in high regard. i can separate that from everything else.

the apple don't fall too far from the tree. laugh.gif floyd sr talks mad shit...so it's no surprise jr is the same way. someone said in another thread that it's in ppls dna...and i agree. at some point...everyone who talks shit gets humbled. it's the way of the world.
Dolimite
QUOTE (daprofessor @ Mar 15 2013, 03:03 PM) *
i've been a floyd fan since the amateurs. i've always held his skill in high regard. i can separate that from everything else.

the apple don't fall too far from the tree. laugh.gif floyd sr talks mad shit...so it's no surprise jr is the same way. someone said in another thread that it's in ppls dna...and i agree. at some point...everyone who talks shit gets humbled. it's the way of the world.

It was fun while it lasted but I am true during the presser something will be said or even on Monday. Sadly I think this is the most Ward has been talked about outside of boxing fans.

I wanted Floyd, I recall my first fight when he fought Emmanuel Augustus and then I had to go back and watch all his other fights. He gets so much props for the fight from me. He showed grit! I loved that fight. Well I wonder if he will let his sons fight if they do, they will be shit talkers of all shit talkers.
mrchitown
QUOTE (Dolimite @ Mar 15 2013, 04:27 PM) *
It was fun while it lasted but I am true during the presser something will be said or even on Monday. Sadly I think this is the most Ward has been talked about outside of boxing fans.

I wanted Floyd, I recall my first fight when he fought Emmanuel Burton and then I had to go back and watch all his other fights. He gets so much props for the fight from me. He showed grit! I loved that fight. Well I wonder if he will let his sons fight if they do, they will be shit talkers of all shit talkers.

Aint no presser from what I heard. I think it' going to be something similar to a presser on CBS but not in the conventional way. I read an article with Schaefer talking about it weeks ago
mrchitown
QUOTE (daprofessor @ Mar 15 2013, 04:03 PM) *

Everybody gets humbled, it's the way of the word like you said but it isn't particular to shit talkers. If that's the case then Ward is acting so butt hurt now that it's a matter of time before he gets humbled
mrchitown
QUOTE (daprofessor @ Mar 15 2013, 03:22 PM) *
how rumors get started. laugh.gif

Not a rumor, he tweeted it to Fat Dan. I posted it straight from his twitter acct
neophyte7
Ward benefits from this.. he is stranger than fiction to fans but this will help his popularity a bit and put a few extra cents in his pocket for his next bout. Floyd did him a favor LMAO biggrin.gif
daprofessor
QUOTE (mrchitown @ Mar 15 2013, 05:52 PM) *
Everybody gets humbled, it's the way of the word like you said but it isn't particular to shit talkers. If that's the case then Ward is acting so butt hurt now that it's a matter of time before he gets humbled

he's humble already. i'm sure he could be more humble. it's possible, right? huh.gif
mrchitown
QUOTE (daprofessor @ Mar 15 2013, 06:03 PM) *
he's humble already. i'm sure he could be more humble. it's possible, right? huh.gif

We all can. Nobody's above it but I think we both would agree that their needs to be some slices of humble pie passed out ASAP lol

And I'm glad he cleared up what he said about fighting Floyd. He said he was answering a hypothetical question and he was misquoted but how the hell you misquoted on your ow twitter when Rafael wasn't even talking to him hahaha...nonetheless, he wants to move past it and squash it, Floyd should do the same

Did you see the video where Donaire said talks about the fight and that Floyd's going to be shocked. I hope Floyd doesn't go in on Filipino's again. This has all the makings of a Floyd vs Northern Cali beef. Where's 2pac and Suge when ya need em lol
daprofessor
QUOTE (mrchitown @ Mar 15 2013, 07:57 PM) *
We all can. Nobody's above it but I think we both would agree that their needs to be some slices of humble pie passed out ASAP lol

And I'm glad he cleared up what he said about fighting Floyd. He said he was answering a hypothetical question and he was misquoted but how the hell you misquoted on your ow twitter when Rafael wasn't even talking to him hahaha...nonetheless, he wants to move past it and squash it, Floyd should do the same

Did you see the video where Donaire said talks about the fight and that Floyd's going to be shocked. I hope Floyd doesn't go in on Filipino's again. This has all the makings of a Floyd vs Northern Cali beef. Where's 2pac and Suge when ya need em lol

again...it's ridiculous and i've given it much more attention than it deserves. the egos involved are all huge. u don't get to the level they're at without having a huge ego. intelligent minds should prevail and the keyboard warriors/journalist should stop with the instigating.

i didn't see the video...not sure i want to.
mrchitown
QUOTE (daprofessor @ Mar 15 2013, 07:11 PM) *
again...it's ridiculous and i've given it much more attention than it deserves. the egos involved are all huge. u don't get to the level their at without having a huge ego. intelligent minds should prevail and the keyboard warriors/journalist should stop with the instigating.

i didn't see the video...not sure i want to.

Well said man, well said. Elite athletes all have some kind of ego raging within. No matter how big or small, it's there
Dolimite
QUOTE (daprofessor @ Mar 15 2013, 05:03 PM) *

Professor I did not mean Emmanuel Burton I meant Emmanuel Augustus as the first fight I saw with Floyd. I know you read that and was like what the hell is this cat talking about!!!! Emmanuel Augustus is my first time seeing Floyd fight and I became an instant fan. I had to go back and research who this kid was. Great fight! In an interview he said Augustus was his hardest fight.
daprofessor
QUOTE (Dolimite @ Mar 17 2013, 07:33 PM) *
Professor I did not mean Emmanuel Burton I meant Emmanuel Augustus as the first fight I saw with Floyd. I know you read that and was like what the hell is this cat talking about!!!! Emmanuel Augustus is my first time seeing Floyd fight and I became an instant fan. I had to go back and research who this kid was. Great fight! In an interview he said Augustus was his hardest fight.

same dude. laugh.gif i'll give u a pass on that one because i knew what you were talking about. now if you said that cassius clay looked really similar to muhammad ali that would have been funny.
Dolimite
QUOTE (daprofessor @ Mar 18 2013, 04:25 PM) *
same dude. laugh.gif i'll give u a pass on that one because i knew what you were talking about. now if you said that cassius clay looked really similar to muhammad ali that would have been funny.

I am embarrassed to say the least. black eye.gif However it was a damn good fight and honestly I think I loved that fight better than Diego Corrales. He showed grit and determination. That is when I became a fan of Floyd. People give him shit but he has been in some battles.
daprofessor
QUOTE (Dolimite @ Mar 18 2013, 06:35 PM) *
I am embarrassed to say the least. black eye.gif However it was a damn good fight and honestly I think I loved that fight better than Diego Corrales. He showed grit and determination. That is when I became a fan of Floyd. People give him shit but he has been in some battles.

up until the cotto fight...floyd said augustus was his toughest fight. the drunken monk was very underrated. u ever see his fight against mickey ward?
Franchize
QUOTE (daprofessor @ Mar 18 2013, 07:44 PM) *
up until the cotto fight...floyd said augustus was his toughest fight. the drunken monk was very underrated. u ever see his fight against mickey ward?

Augustus was BY FAR on the losing end of more robberies than any other fighter. It's not even close. Judges HATE him.
Dolimite
QUOTE (daprofessor @ Mar 18 2013, 03:44 PM) *

No I have not, but I know what I will be watching on you tube later on this week. I get a little crazy during March Madness so I will be tuning in to the games. Ward and Augustus probably made Bradley and Ruslan look like Hopkins and Cloud!
sduck
QUOTE (Franchize @ Mar 18 2013, 07:12 PM) *
Augustus was BY FAR on the losing end of more robberies than any other fighter. It's not even close. Judges HATE him.

Dude literally blocks punches with his face, so I don't really blame them lol
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.