Round 5: 10-9 for Bradley
Round 6: 10-9 for Provodnikov
Round 7: 10-9 for Provodnikov
Round 8: 10-9 for Bradley
Round 9: 10-9 for Bradley
Round 10: 10-9 for Bradley
Round 11: 10-9 for Bradley
Round 12: 10-8 for Provodnikov

Provodnikov was straight robbed of a KD in round 1. Will that cost him the fight? Who knows...
Franchize
Ruslan is crying and they havent even said the score yet lol
checkleft
That was some cheap shit from the Russian! He leaned and pushed Bradley down prior to the knockdown! Totally stole Bradleys legs, cheap shit!
mrchitown
QUOTE (BigFightFan @ Mar 16 2013, 10:13 PM) *
Can we say rematch? I scored it for bradley

Yes we can hahahaha

I think it's only fair a rematch takes place, it was an all out, KD, drag out fight. If it was 10-15 more secs in that rd, Bradley would've been done
leonthegee
Bob Arum the rematch maker. I expect there will be a second fight.
pimpfighterROQ
did anyone really think Bradley would lose this fight?
Franchize
Bradley better go fight Malinaggi or something. He doesnt need a war for a while lol He escaped this one by the hair on his chinny chin chin
Franchize
They stay dissing Pat Russell lmao
Franchize
Bradley looks high and his whole right side of his face looks like he swallowed a pillow
Cheesey1
Agreed about the rematch. Bradley won't make the same mistakes then and should score the TKO in the latter rounds.

Maybe after that, TR will make Bradley/Pacquaio II...doubtful.
Franchize
Arum lives to promote another day
BigFightFan
Fight of the year candidate right
pimpfighterROQ
Much respect to Tim Bradley tonight. He made a fan out of me.
Cheesey1
QUOTE (Franchize @ Mar 16 2013, 11:19 PM) *
Bradley looks high and his whole right side of his face looks like he swallowed a pillow

Provodnikov's face looks like he got stung by a giant bee.
checkleft
QUOTE (BigFightFan @ Mar 17 2013, 12:21 AM) *
Fight of the year candidate right

+1

What a fight
Franchize
Lmao @ Roy. "Watever his name is" lol Provodnikov takign a round off to recover in the 3rd may have cost him the fight. I think he should have used his last ounce of power to end Bradley
Cheesey1
HBO putting their eggs in the TR basket nowadays.
KOpower
Bradley is one lucky SOB. That was clearly a KD in round 1 and if it's called then the fight is a draw. Interesting
VJones
This dude just joined the ranks with JCC jr., in thinking that getting a knockdown in the 12th wins you a fight. Smh. 12 rounds of boxing, guy. 12 rounds.
BigFightFan
He will feel that shit in the morning
Dolimite
FOTY candidate! Ruslan is a straight up warrior. Bradley showed heart and gave props to Ruslan. Great fight! Great Fight!

I don't see how Vargas won, he fought smart but I would of been happy with a draw, the score cards were a joke as usual. Back to Bradley and Ruslan, a lot of heart and to be honest I want to see Ruslan fight again. Pac couldn't even put a broken ankle Bradley on his ass and Ruslan did it twice! Outstanding fight!

I didn't know he suffered mentally to that extinct after beating Pacquiao. You can't listen to critics. I am happy to hear George Foreman will be announcing a fight again and to be honest I can not wait to hear him. I hate Kellerman and Roy Jones creepy laught throughout the fight made me squirm. Big Props to Bradley and Ruslan. Fight of the year indeed, wasn't expecting that. Freddie is batting 0s. Great fight! Great fight!
pimpfighterROQ
on a side note...Rios is definitely slurring on this Road to RiosAlvarado
Cheesey1
I'm interested to see if Alvarado boxes well enough in the next one and is able to hurt Rios.
scdrking2
That was crazy. The ghosts of the Pac win are going to get Bradley beat and shorten his career, as his insecurity made him ignore his trainer the first two rounds. Much props to the Russian who was tough as nails and went balls to the wall. Tim should have been out of there a few times, but as others have stated, when he boxed, it was no contest. If I am his trainer, I dont put him in with a hard puncher next. I take a different type of fight to see if Tim is listening.

Great fight. Dont know who else at 147 will stand in front of him (RG probably), but he could certainly beat some guys at 140 in slugfests.
pimpfighterROQ
I don't know about you but Tim Bradley seemed to be punching harder this fight. It's just the guy he fought was punching like a middleweight. Was drug testing done for this fight?? LMAO
BrutUalBK
Hell of a fight, I'd love to see a rematch, sure TB was a little rusty but I think he had very little choice at times and had to slug it out (which he did), still I thought Bradley outboxed him for several rounds.

The knockdown should've been counted earlier in the bout but I still think it would've ended up in Bradley's favor, nobody can deny that TB is a warrior, he was literally out on his feet but still gave back as good as he received. I thought after their initial war that Tim's corner wasn't giving him the correct instructions, Ruslan had literally punched himself out and if Bradley had just jumped all over him then he could've finished the fight early but his corner didn't recognize how badly gassed Prov was.

An immediate rematch should be scheduled, it was close but still Tim deserved the win.
checkleft
QUOTE (pimpfighterROQ @ Mar 17 2013, 12:41 AM) *
I don't know about you but Tim Bradley seemed to be punching harder this fight. It's just the guy he fought was punching like a middleweight. Was drug testing done for this fight?? LMAO

I remember Joel specifically saying they worked on power most of the training camp because they already have a speed advantage
dre98
After this performance Bradley deserve a fight with Mayweather. I don't know who else does. Bradley gained more fans and respect. Mayweather -Bradley should be floyds next fight.
Jack 1000
Loved this fight!

In rounds I had it 8-4 for Bradley. When Tim boxed, he was great, but when he tried to brawl and exchanged, he looked like shit! I was screaming at the Russian to put more punches together. Provodnikov has HUGE heart and power, but not skill. He looked like the Pillsbury Doughboy, even though he's got the heart of Rocky! Bradley is damn lucky that this was not a top fighter ranking wise, or a busier fighter. Otherwise he would have lost tonight.

Tim Bradley is like a mini Holyfield, the heart, and the look, and the skill. but his tendency to brawl almost proved deadly tonight!

A great fight!

On the prelim, I thought "Lucky Boy" won by a round in a close fight. Much too wide for Vargas.

Jack
mgrover
Wtf most refs would of called that fight off in the first when Bradley was all over the place. Smh

edit: whatever talk there was of Bradley being top ten p4p should probably stop now.
neophyte7
QUOTE (mgrover @ Mar 17 2013, 06:46 AM) *
Wtf most refs would of called that fight off in the first when Bradley was all over the place. Smh

edit: whatever talk there was of Bradley being top ten p4p should probably stop now.

YEAP.. ABSOLUTELY COULD NOT AGREE MORE...
mitukczuk
What the hell was Bradley doing in the first two rounds! I mean,the fact that he suffered concussion somewhere during these two is a pointless excuse as HE was the one who caused it. Man...Timmy has the speed, very nice and fluid combos, HEART!! but he should let his trainer do ALL the thinking for him. If he wanted to prove something to the fans, he should have boxed. Instead, he chose to stand and fight and got his ass handed to him plenty of times.

Great fight. My prediction was 116-120 for TB but I had it 114-113 and I would not argue if somebody had it a draw or the same score in favor of Ruslan.
Dolimite
QUOTE (Jack 1000 @ Mar 17 2013, 01:18 AM) *
Loved this fight!

In rounds I had it 8-4 for Bradley. When Tim boxed, he was great, but when he tried to brawl and exchanged, he looked like shit! I was screaming at the Russian to put more punches together. Provodnikov has HUGE heart and power, but not skill. He looked like the Pillsbury Doughboy, even though he's got the heart of Rocky! Bradley is damn lucky that this was not a top fighter ranking wise, or a busier fighter. Otherwise he would have lost tonight.

Tim Bradley is like a mini Holyfield, the heart, and the look, and the skill. but his tendency to brawl almost proved deadly tonight!

A great fight!

On the prelim, I thought "Lucky Boy" won by a round in a close fight. Much too wide for Vargas.

Jack

Jack, I agree with your post but Roach's fighters tend not to have basic boxing skill or even defense. If Ruslan had a jab and better head movement Bradley would of been up shit creek. I think Vargas got a gift, I had Lucky Boy up by 2 rounds. He would clock Vargas at will. Credit to Vargas he used his jabs to help him win that gift decision. I want to see Ruslan fight again accept with a better trainer. Roach is on the downside.
Jack 1000
I wonder how this version of Bradley would have done against the versions of Rios and Alvarado that fought each other, or any top 140-147 guy for that matter. Provodnikov was supposed to be this unknown to make Bradley look good, it turned out to be anything but good in terms of Bradley getting almost KTFO by an unknown! But the fight was THRILLING! And when is the last time Bradley was in a fight like that?

Jack
Dolimite
QUOTE (Jack 1000 @ Mar 17 2013, 09:50 AM) *
I wonder how this version of Bradley would have done against the versions of Rios and Alvarado that fought each other, or any top 140-147 guy for that matter. Provodnikov was supposed to be this unknown to make Bradley look good, it turned out to be anything but good in terms of Bradley getting almost KTFO by an unknown! But the fight was THRILLING! And when is the last time Bradley was in a fight like that?

Jack

Never, which is why he could not sell out the damn Carson center!!!!! But his numbers will increase. Bradley showed heart and the kid has a chin. But Ruslan stole the show.
Cshel86
First thing’s first…you guys did GREAT in this thread! Hands down!

Vargas/Luck Boy: (cant spell his last name, lol)

I gotta give Jessie Vargas his respect, this bout with Wale and the Lopez fight, have done him favors. I remember him gutting it out in the Tyner fight as well.
He still has some work to do, because he couldn’t get away from that right hand early, which is a standard punch in boxing, rather than trying to avoid a shot from a southpaw.

Lucky Boy gave a few rounds away, which served as his detriment. As we ALL know, Africans NEVER get a break in boxing, so Lucky Boy should’ve known this going into the fight.
Anyway, great fight for both guys, I want to see more from Vargas in the defense department. I wouldn’t mind seeing more of Lucky Boy down the line.

Bradley/Provodnikov:

What did I tell you guys! Provodnivok is nothing to play with. As RJJ mentioned, this was a tough fight for Bradley to take after that long layoff. Bradley actually won over some fans tonight, and I wont lie, but his interview before his ring walk, almost made a brotha tear up…that was some deep stuff laugh.gif

That trouble early in the fight, was good for Timmy…he needed that. That shot in the 6th round was wild…I was wondering what tha hell landed. I HATED how Tim didn’t listen to his corner, dude fought the wrong fight in those hard rounds, and refused to hold at some points of the fight.

Bradley was playing with fire by not moving his head, he literally invited those shots in. I knew Tim would have to eek out a decision here, but not in this fashion. It’s obvious that Provodnikov didn’t mess up his own face, so we know that Bradley did some work.

Im glad that RJJ was there to clear up Bradley’s condition and actually make note of what he was landing during the fight…couldn’t have been another team there, or else, it would’ve been called the same way the Pac/Bradley fight was called.

I already wanna see a rematch of this fight, maybe later down the line. Prodovnikov is to Bradley, what Pacquiao was to Marquez during and after the 1st fight. I believe Tim will be a better fighter after this one, but he needs to work on head movement. As big as his head is, you cant miss it, but I’ve seen better head movement from him.
This is a fight that I actually WISHED Bradley used his head. laugh.gif

PS: I actually don’t loathe Pat Russell as much because of ref’s intuition in this fight. The knockdown in the first round had too much of a delay, so I cant say it was a knockdown. Had he let Rios/Alvarado go on any longer, those guys would’ve killed each other.

Tim was out of it in his post-fight interview. I agree with the scorecards for the first time in a while.
pimpfighterROQ
If it was Cortez or Bayless reffing the fight, it would've been stopped during the end of round 2. Heck even round 1. Bradley was seriously dazed that round. But he's the champion and he has a big heart getting up facing Ruslan that punches like a horse LOL.

Bradley's face after this fight is what SHOULD've been his face after the poms poms at HBO was making it seem like Pacquiao had this monster power that night when they fought.
bnoles4life
QUOTE (Franchize @ Mar 16 2013, 11:19 PM) *

Looks like Tom Cruise from Vanilla Sky
checkleft
I knew Bradley had heart but Damn. This fight totally reminded me of the rocky movie when he fights the Russian and at the end of one of the rounds hes saying something like "he's not human, he's like a piece of iron" lol.
The Original MrFactor
Been a Bradley fan for some years now. He absolutely IS a great fighter. The thing that plagues him is his lack of power. Unfortunately he actually showed some power in this last fight, its just that it was against a guy with an iron jaw. Provodnikov is a tough out for anyone. He's going to make some serious noise at 147. He reminds me of Katsidas, just much, much tougher. He's gonna stop some guys in the top 3 or 4 of the division. That will be the measuring stick for which we measure Bradley. Bradley beat this tough guy that KO'd some guys in the top 3 or 4.

Trouble is nobody wants any parts of Provodnikiv now. He did himself a disservice by being too good. Bradley may need a year off after this one. He looked really bad after this fight. Took a lot of hammers to the head. I hope he's alright. I wouldn't blame him for calling it quits after this one. I think it took that much out of him.
neophyte7
" I AM DIZZY RIGHT NOW" BRADLEY IN INTERVIEW WITH KELLERMAN... yeah.. he will be out of the sport sooner than later
scdrking2
Do you really think it was that bad he could potentially call it quits? I was not thinking so, but I do believe his trainer is going to have a real come to Jesus meeting of the minds with him. I honestly dont think he will train him going forward it that is what he has to be involved in. If that is the only way for a guy to feed his family, that is one thing, but Tim doesnt have to do that to be effective at a high level in the sport. I think boxing has become a family affair for the Bradley family. They are close knit, Tim probably has made a bit of money with a few coins in the bank and he is better off long term leveraging his savings and going into retirement healthy than making more money, but having brain damage/ALS/seizures later in life. His wife and mother walked out during or after round two. Maybe I sound weak or not like a hard core boxing fan. I am not even a huge TB fan.I just hate to see guys do that to themselves.
Cshel86
Wow, so Bradley had ONE tough fight, and guys are already talking up his retirement. I've read this in various places since I saw the fight yesterday...straight nonsense.

If anything, he should take a little bit of time off, not 10 months, but something close to it. Maybe he'll be fine living off of the check from the Pacquiao fight, besides, he's a family man, so I highly doubt that he dicked away the whole check in 10 months.

I think Bradley's napoleon complex may have served him up a dish of "Oh shit, what just happened?" with a side of "Keep up the tough man nonsense, no need to look like a punk now".

Opponents and their reaction to your fight plan usually differs, but who knows how Ruslan would've conducted himself, had Bradley fought a "stick & move" type fight. Even when Bradley was exchanging, getting the worst of it, refusing to go down, and fighting back at some of the oddest times, I'm sure Provodnikov was mindfucked and thinking, "What in the hell is going on here? He's supposed to be dead by now."

Some opponents get frustrated when you fight a poised fight and they aren't able to touch you...they often think that you're running or afraid to exchange (which is their game). Some guys even get frustrated when they've given you the whole kit & kaboodle, and you're still standing there.
Cshel86
QUOTE (scdrking2 @ Mar 18 2013, 09:25 AM) *
Do you really think it was that bad he could potentially call it quits? I was not thinking so, but I do believe his trainer is going to have a real come to Jesus meeting of the minds with him. I honestly dont think he will train him going forward it that is what he has to be involved in. If that is the only way for a guy to feed his family, that is one thing, but Tim doesnt have to do that to be effective at a high level in the sport. I think boxing has become a family affair for the Bradley family. They are close knit, Tim probably has made a bit of money with a few coins in the bank and he is better off long term leveraging his savings and going into retirement healthy than making more money, but having brain damage/ALS/seizures later in life. His wife and mother walked out during or after round two. Maybe I sound weak or not like a hard core boxing fan. I am not even a huge TB fan.I just hate to see guys do that to themselves.

Cant knock this post though, really. This IS a warrior's sport, but for a guy like Timmy and his skill set, he doesn't need to go through shit like that in a fight. NOW, guys like Gatti (who was limited) will always be involved in fights of that caliber. Tim is a boxer/brawler and has enough skill to hang with a boxer for 12 rounds, so his fight style this past weekend could've been chalked up as a pride issue, or an insecurity issue for the flack he received from the Pacquiao victory.
neophyte7
QUOTE (neophyte7 @ Mar 18 2013, 09:20 AM) *
" I AM DIZZY RIGHT NOW" BRADLEY IN INTERVIEW WITH KELLERMAN... yeah.. he will be out of the sport sooner than later

HE WILL BE DONE SOONER THAN LATER if he takes lumps like he did the other night...
Plah
QUOTE (neophyte7 @ Mar 18 2013, 08:53 AM) *
HE WILL BE DONE SOONER THAN LATER if he takes lumps like he did the other night...

Are you replying to yourself? Lol smh
neophyte7
lol...Self Preservation IS THE FIRST LAW OF NATURE.... fuck.gif iRON DOME better be monitored for Post Concussion Syndrome!!!
daprofessor
QUOTE (mitukczuk @ Mar 16 2013, 01:16 PM) *
I have never seen Provodnikov fight. But I expect him to have a granite chin and some power behind it with little or no significant defense. I smell surprise though, these kinds are dangerous. I sincerely hope lil' Timmy will win this one and gets a nice yet small (for a champion) payday. I will be cheering for him in my sleep as the fight is again at around 4am as always here in Europe.

Bradley by UD. 116-112 or smth like that.

good call!
The Original MrFactor
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Mar 18 2013, 09:39 AM) *
Wow, so Bradley had ONE tough fight, and guys are already talking up his retirement. I've read this in various places since I saw the fight yesterday...straight nonsense.

If anything, he should take a little bit of time off, not 10 months, but something close to it. Maybe he'll be fine living off of the check from the Pacquiao fight, besides, he's a family man, so I highly doubt that he dicked away the whole check in 10 months.

I think Bradley's napoleon complex may have served him up a dish of "Oh shit, what just happened?" with a side of "Keep up the tough man nonsense, no need to look like a punk now".

Opponents and their reaction to your fight plan usually differs, but who knows how Ruslan would've conducted himself, had Bradley fought a "stick & move" type fight. Even when Bradley was exchanging, getting the worst of it, refusing to go down, and fighting back at some of the oddest times, I'm sure Provodnikov was mindfucked and thinking, "What in the hell is going on here? He's supposed to be dead by now."

Some opponents get frustrated when you fight a poised fight and they aren't able to touch you...they often think that you're running or afraid to exchange (which is their game). Some guys even get frustrated when they've given you the whole kit & kaboodle, and you're still standing there.

I cringed several times during this fight. I Cant believe Bradley finished it. It was one of the most brutal fights I've ever seen. Tim Bradley left a bit of himself in the ring. His wife and mother may be the ones who tell him its quitin' time. It was that bad. I can absolutely see him calling it quits. The post fight interview said enough for me. I think this beating was worse than the one Cotto took against Margarito. Cotto could walk in a straight line after the fight. Bradley was walking crooked after that fight. I was happy to see him win, but felt bad at the cost of the win.
The Original MrFactor
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Mar 18 2013, 09:43 AM) *
Cant knock this post though, really. This IS a warrior's sport, but for a guy like Timmy and his skill set, he doesn't need to go through shit like that in a fight. NOW, guys like Gatti (who was limited) will always be involved in fights of that caliber. Tim is a boxer/brawler and has enough skill to hang with a boxer for 12 rounds, so his fight style this past weekend could've been chalked up as a pride issue, or an insecurity issue for the flack he received from the Pacquiao victory.

Tim's dimensions dont really give him the luxury of being a boxer. He's always been more brawler than boxer. In previous fights it was his ability to throw more punches than his opponent that won him the day. he was never really a boxer. He's gonna fight Provodnikov the exact same way should they rematch. Its his speed an combo's that keep people from really setting themselves and punching back. Thats what won him the fight here. Since he's a little dude with short arms, he's not gonna win by throwing a high number of jabs.

He won this fight the same way he always wins. And his head wasnt even a factor in this one. Bradley tried to sit down on his punches to get a stoppage and realized after the 2nd that he has to be regular Tim and throw lots of softer punches.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.