Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: HBO@10:15PM(ET)/7:15PM(PT) Bradley vs. Provodnikov
FightHype Community > OTHER HYPE > Archives
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
daprofessor
QUOTE (sduck @ Mar 19 2013, 03:14 AM) *
I was saying that while watching the fight, that this dude is definitely hitting and rocking Bradley harder than what Pacquiao did. So he definitely won the fight laugh.gif

ppl really believe that! including ruslan. laugh.gif
daprofessor
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Mar 19 2013, 12:04 PM) *
Lol, I had a lot to get off my chest.

I'm just glad that Ruslan didn't have enough skill to really cut the ring off and bury Bradley. The onslaught rooted from him being too aggressive and not moving his head. I bet he wont give a damn what the fans say from now on...dude was 4 out of 6 feet from a dirt nap...step 5 would've been Timmy lying on the floor, and step 6 would've been the dirt being thrown on him.

I wont lie, my fuckin heart was racing.
laugh.gif

Timmy looked and sounded like he had been in a hotbox with Julio, smoking that good stuff. At least he didn't look defeated, in terms of his attitude, but hell who knows, he may cried in the shower in the locker room...no need to do in front of the camera.

Cotto always had a 'B-' to an 'A-' grade chin, he only looked bad when a guy caught him clean on the chin. What a minute, don't most/all fighters go down after being hit with a flush shot to the chin? Of course they do Cshel, wtf are you even talking about bro? So I agree, Cotto had a great chin. laugh.gif

seriously! i'm reminded of ali/frazier 3 where ali told one writer..."that is the closest you will ever see two men come to death." ppl don't realize it...but these guys really put their lives on the line in that ring.
mgrover
I don't get it, when Roach talks shit about fights and what not he needs to quiet down. Yet when Angel Garcia does it and goes as far as insulting a mans religion its tactical?
daprofessor
QUOTE (mgrover @ Mar 19 2013, 03:24 PM) *
I don't get it, when Roach talks shit about fights and what not he needs to quiet down. Yet when Angel Garcia does it and goes as far as insulting a mans religion its tactical?

i don't mind freddies talk. he doesn't get disrespectful. angel garcia is over the top.

freddie actually said this was one of the best fights he's ever seen and that bradley fought a great fight. he also said both guys should take a 6 month break. freddie has good in him.
aTYpicalTYrant
QUOTE (mgrover @ Mar 19 2013, 03:24 PM) *

Selective hearing is a bitch aint it?
mgrover
QUOTE (daprofessor @ Mar 19 2013, 07:26 PM) *
i don't mind freddies talk. he doesn't get disrespectful. angel garcia is over the top.

freddie actually said this was one of the best fights he's ever seen and that bradley fought a great fight. he also said both guys should take a 6 month break. freddie has good in him.

I think he doesn't want either fighter to end up like him. I mean Pac wanted to come back in April but he told him to take a longer break. And I mean before the fight he was talking trash.
Cshel86
QUOTE (daprofessor @ Mar 19 2013, 03:24 PM) *
seriously! i'm reminded of ali/frazier 3 where ali told one writer..."that is the closest you will ever see two men come to death." ppl don't realize it...but these guys really put their lives on the line in that ring.

No doubt. They do this for the money, and we watch it for our entertainment. Personally, I dont mind seeing guys in a bit of trouble during fights, it adds that excitement to it, but there's a level of "hurt" that I speak. "Hurt" (to me) means being a bit dazed or shook up after a shot or two, while maintaining at least 3/4 of your faculties.

Had Bradley only had a bad round 12, then I wouldn't even think twice about it. The worse part is, he looked like that in the 1st, 2nd, 6th, AND the 12th...so the rounds in between, one could only imagine how deep he dug to keep getting his legs back while trying to bank some rounds.

If you look the way he did in the 1st and 2nd, then there's no way in hell you should be allowed to see the final bell. As much as I loathe Pat Russell's existence (in the ring), I wouldn't have been made if he stopped it in the 2nd.

mgrover
Am actually glad it wasn't stopped. Bradley deserved a chance to come back and thats what he did
daprofessor
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Mar 19 2013, 04:25 PM) *
No doubt. They do this for the money, and we watch it for our entertainment. Personally, I dont mind seeing guys in a bit of trouble during fights, it adds that excitement to it, but there's a level of "hurt" that I speak. "Hurt" (to me) means being a bit dazed or shook up after a shot or two, while maintaining at least 3/4 of your faculties.

Had Bradley only had a bad round 12, then I wouldn't even think twice about it. The worse part is, he looked like that in the 1st, 2nd, 6th, AND the 12th...so the rounds in between, one could only imagine how deep he dug to keep getting his legs back while trying to bank some rounds.

If you look the way he did in the 1st and 2nd, then there's no way in hell you should be allowed to see the final bell. As much as I loathe Pat Russell's existence (in the ring), I wouldn't have been made if he stopped it in the 2nd.

i didn't think bradley was ever hurt enough for them to stop the fight. he was reacting well...even when he was hurt. it reminds me of cotto. cotto has been rocked like that more than once and each time he was totally aware and took away the follow up shots that didn't allow his opponent to finish him.
scdrking2
When I watch the replay, he looked out on his feet and to be fight on instinct. He did it well, as he made the guy miss and he landed a few on exchange, but he was out.
Cshel86
QUOTE (mgrover @ Mar 19 2013, 05:22 PM) *
Am actually glad it wasn't stopped. Bradley deserved a chance to come back and thats what he did

They all deserve a chance to fight on, according to the fighters themselves...Bradley was just smart and strong-willed enough to follow through. Alvarado should take a page from Bradley's book before he gets stopped again next weekend. LOL

QUOTE (daprofessor @ Mar 19 2013, 06:03 PM) *
i didn't think bradley was ever hurt enough for them to stop the fight. he was reacting well...even when he was hurt. it reminds me of cotto. cotto has been rocked like that more than once and each time he was totally aware and took away the follow up shots that didn't allow his opponent to finish him.

I've NEVER seen Cotto with his legs looking like noodles. If anything, Cotto used his legs to survive, it just so happened that the guy across the ring from him was fast enough to catch up with him.

You're right, Bradley was doing all of the right things to keep the fight going, JUST when you'd think the ref would step in and stop it. I remember that one rally, when he was against the ropes, in the "oh shit, the ref's about to stop it position", but instead, he decided to match Ruslan punch for punch til the bell sounded.
checkleft
Why in the world is ruslans team filing a protest??? I think were underestimating bradleys power because he punched this motherfucker silly! Yea it was a close fight but i still think it was pretty clear Bradley won the fight. No need for this, ruslan had a great showing, there's no shame in that loss.
scdrking2
Protest for what? Freddie Roach admitted he was behind on points prior to starting the 11th and was threatening to stop the fight if he didnt prove he could hurt Tim because he knew they needed a knockout. They knew he had given away too many rounds.
mrchitown
Supposedly Bradley had to cut massive weight just to make the 147lb limit. He was supposedly up to 187lbs, which is uncharacteristic from him....I believe he said at one time that his walk around weight was in the 150s or 160s
Cshel86
QUOTE (mrchitown @ Mar 20 2013, 01:39 PM) *
Supposedly Bradley had to cut massive weight just to make the 147lb limit. He was supposedly up to 187lbs, which is uncharacteristic from him....I believe he said at one time that his walk around weight was in the 150s or 160s

I remember them mentioning his weight when he walked to the ring, but did it happen before THIS fight? I wasn't sure I heard them correctly. As much as I want to say that the weight could've been an issue for him in this fight, I'd be wrong.

Any Tom, Dick, and Jane that was swinging as wildly as he was, without ANY head movement, would've had the Bambi legs if one of those Ruslan rockhouse hooks landed.
mgrover
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Mar 20 2013, 02:55 AM) *
They all deserve a chance to fight on, according to the fighters themselves...Bradley was just smart and strong-willed enough to follow through. Alvarado should take a page from Bradley's book before he gets stopped again next weekend. LOL

Maybe they should take a knee, but I think the decision should be left to either the fighter, or his corner.
Cshel86
QUOTE (mgrover @ Mar 20 2013, 02:13 PM) *
Maybe they should take a knee, but I think the decision should be left to either the fighter, or his corner.

MG, you already how I feel about professional fighters taking a knee. LOL

That pisses me OFF when they refuse to take a knee. I could've killed Alvarado for not taking a knee in the Rios fight! laugh.gif
checkleft
QUOTE (mrchitown @ Mar 20 2013, 12:39 PM) *

I do remember seeing some pictures of him looking rather tubby. And he did have a long layoff, let's not forget he also fought at like Jr middleweight in the amateurs
Franchize
Protest?! Are you serious? Even if you thought you won the fight, no way can you protest. Your trainer was about to stop the fight. His face looked like the cold cut salami I got from the deli in the grocery store the other day lol

I had Bradly winning the fight. Would it have been a travesty if he lost on the cards... probably not but c'mon. Ruslan was getting beat to a pulp all night. If you protest, it should be for fights like Campillo vs Cloud or Malinaggi vs Diaz 1. You protest blatant robberies. Not close fights. Provodnikov looked like prune face from the Dick Tracy cartoon by round 3 or 4
Franchize
QUOTE (checkleft @ Mar 20 2013, 03:14 PM) *
I do remember seeing some pictures of him looking rather tubby. And he did have a long layoff, let's not forget he also fought at like Jr middleweight in the amateurs

It was reported that he gained weight due to depression form not getting the respect he deserved for beating Manny. Glad he doesn't do drugs. We could have saw an Oliver McCall situation in there.
sduck
I think some aspects of the boxing world has tarnished respect for Bradley because of the Pacquiao fight.
mrchitown
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Mar 20 2013, 12:12 PM) *
I remember them mentioning his weight when he walked to the ring, but did it happen before THIS fight? I wasn't sure I heard them correctly. As much as I want to say that the weight could've been an issue for him in this fight, I'd be wrong.

Any Tom, Dick, and Jane that was swinging as wildly as he was, without ANY head movement, would've had the Bambi legs if one of those Ruslan rockhouse hooks landed.

I believe it was for this fight because he's stated numerous times in the past that he walks around in the 160's.

Physically he looked bigger to me, he looked like he should be competing in a strong man competition instead of a boxing match. I think he was punching with more authority too, but when you swing and load up and you miss those punches and your big ass head is still in the bullseye area, chances are your going to get buzzed more then a few times
checkleft
QUOTE (Franchize @ Mar 20 2013, 03:21 PM) *
It was reported that he gained weight due to depression form not getting the respect he deserved for beating Manny. Glad he doesn't do drugs. We could have saw an Oliver McCall situation in there.

Definitely buying this. He sounded super sentimental leading up to this fight, talking about athletes folding under expectations and suicide.
Franchize
I NEVER thought I would say this but Timothy Bradley went from being my 2nd most annoying fighter in boxing to gaining a ton of respect from me. #1 As someone who suffered with depression when I was younger, I have tremendous amount of respect for anyone who can candidly admit they considered suicide. There's a lot of people, believe it or not, that say they did but are really just looking for sympathy. Bradley seemed genuine. #2 He clearly wasn't on his A B or even C game. Sometimes you gotta just win ugly. Sometimes the jumpshot isn't falling and you gotta dive for loose balls and rebounds to get a win. That's what he did. He was getting rocked all night. He won off of pure determination, work rate and will. He just simply wanted it more than Ruslan. #3 I was part of the majority that thought he lost that fight vs Manny. That being said, it wasnt as egregious a decision as say the Campillo robbery or the Baby Bull Diaz robbery or the Lara robbery. I didn't think Manny won by any more of a margin than Marquez should have in his 3rd fight with Manny. For him to become boxing's biggest outcast was absolutely ridiculous and uncalled for and I place the lion's share of the blame SQUARELY on HBO. More specifically Jim Lampley. Every time Timothy Bradley's name is mentioned, him "robbing" the great Manny Pacquiao is almost a prefix as much as Sir or Mr. I don't think the media realizes the effect and social responsibility it really has. Jim Lampley's blatant nuthuggery of Manny Pacquiao, to the point where it became disgusting, may have cost this man not only the most significant moment of his career but his life. Now is suicide an extreme overreaction? Absolutely. But when you put as much effort into your craft for the opportunity of a lifetime (fighting Manny) and then your biggest dream becomes your worst nightmare, that's enough to break a man down. Even someone as strong willed as Timothy Bradley.
Cshel86
QUOTE (Franchize @ Mar 22 2013, 09:18 AM) *
I NEVER thought I would say this but Timothy Bradley went from being my 2nd most annoying fighter in boxing to gaining a ton of respect from me. #1 As someone who suffered with depression when I was younger, I have tremendous amount of respect for anyone who can candidly admit they considered suicide. There's a lot of people, believe it or not, that say they did but are really just looking for sympathy. Bradley seemed genuine. #2 He clearly wasn't on his A B or even C game. Sometimes you gotta just win ugly. Sometimes the jumpshot isn't falling and you gotta dive for loose balls and rebounds to get a win. That's what he did. He was getting rocked all night. He won off of pure determination, work rate and will. He just simply wanted it more than Ruslan. #3 I was part of the majority that thought he lost that fight vs Manny. That being said, it wasnt as egregious a decision as say the Campillo robbery or the Baby Bull Diaz robbery or the Lara robbery. I didn't think Manny won by any more of a margin than Marquez should have in his 3rd fight with Manny. For him to become boxing's biggest outcast was absolutely ridiculous and uncalled for and I place the lion's share of the blame SQUARELY on HBO. More specifically Jim Lampley. Every time Timothy Bradley's name is mentioned, him "robbing" the great Manny Pacquiao is almost a prefix as much as Sir or Mr. I don't think the media realizes the effect and social responsibility it really has. Jim Lampley's blatant nuthuggery of Manny Pacquiao, to the point where it became disgusting, may have cost this man not only the most significant moment of his career but his life. Now is suicide an extreme overreaction? Absolutely. But when you put as much effort into your craft for the opportunity of a lifetime (fighting Manny) and then your biggest dream becomes your worst nightmare, that's enough to break a man down. Even someone as strong willed as Timothy Bradley.

Totally agree

I wont lie, I almost teared up during his pre-fight segment. Dudes like Bradley getting sentimental, is a big thing. I thought he was just doing it to save face because of the Pac decision, but that shit was real.

I always find it super funny when you talk about Lampley. laugh.gif That dude is a tool at best.
daprofessor
QUOTE (sduck @ Mar 20 2013, 11:22 PM) *
I think some aspects of the boxing world has tarnished respect for Bradley because of the Pacquiao fight.

i believe boxing has been tarnished by rabid pacquiao fans...hbo/lampley/merchant included.

roy jones had it right...bradley is a true champion.
daprofessor
QUOTE (mrchitown @ Mar 20 2013, 11:23 PM) *
I believe it was for this fight because he's stated numerous times in the past that he walks around in the 160's.

Physically he looked bigger to me, he looked like he should be competing in a strong man competition instead of a boxing match. I think he was punching with more authority too, but when you swing and load up and you miss those punches and your big ass head is still in the bullseye area, chances are your going to get buzzed more then a few times

true dat. plus taking off all that weight in a short period of time isn't good either.
daprofessor
QUOTE (checkleft @ Mar 21 2013, 01:31 AM) *
Definitely buying this. He sounded super sentimental leading up to this fight, talking about athletes folding under expectations and suicide.

damn. i missed all of that.
daprofessor
QUOTE (Franchize @ Mar 22 2013, 09:18 AM) *

amen.

i have said it time and time again....lampley and merchant have shit on ppls careers repeatedly over the years and it is wrong! it's why i have disdain for these armchair quarterbacks and their agendas. there are plenty of internet hacks to do the same on a lower level. when i hear fans repeating their bullshit i have to laugh. i also make it a point to paint a different picture or give them a different perspective on what they believe to be truth. hbo has been bad for boxing precisely because of this for quite some time.

i've always liked bradley. i've always recognized his abilities and i realized a long time ago that he was something special. the fact that he did not fold under all this pressure speaks volumes imo. hopefully he doesn't sacrifice any more of himself to appease the piece of shits like lampley and kellerman. fuck making the gatti list and fuck lampley, merchant, kellerman and the piece of shit speaking to them in the ear piece.
Franchize
QUOTE (daprofessor @ Mar 25 2013, 05:18 PM) *
amen.

i have said it time and time again....lampley and merchant have shit on ppls careers repeatedly over the years and it is wrong! it's why i have disdain for these armchair quarterbacks and their agendas. there are plenty of internet hacks to do the same on a lower level. when i hear fans repeating their bullshit i have to laugh. i also make it a point to paint a different picture or give them a different perspective on what they believe to be truth. hbo has been bad for boxing precisely because of this for quite some time.

i've always liked bradley. i've always recognized his abilities and i realized a long time ago that he was something special. the fact that he did not fold under all this pressure speaks volumes imo. hopefully he doesn't sacrifice any more of himself to appease the piece of shits like lampley and kellerman. fuck making the gatti list and fuck lampley, merchant, kellerman and the piece of shit speaking to them in the ear piece.

I smiled from ear to ear when Andre Ward said "No offense but, I don't want to be on the Gatti List." I get that people want to see blows traded but every fight can't be Gatti v Ward. The more fighters are bred for fights like that, the further the deterioration and elimination of skilled fighters becomes ever prevalent. The Sweet Science is gradually become Bitter Mathematics. Who can punch the most and the hardest. I know people want to see exciting fights, but don't we also want to see the skills that these guys get paid to hone? I mean we pay hard earned money to see guys whose sole livelihood is boxing. Then, instead of seeing a fighter with refined, cultivated skills, I see guys brawling like someone televised Bum Fights. It's like Hip-Hop. In the 90's, you had a few gimmick rappers but for the most part, to be recognized, you had to be good. Now, EVERYONE pretty much follows the "cheesy way out" route. Also, like hip-hop, everyone is allowed to have their preferences. That being said, real is always supposed to recognize real. You pay homage to greatness and true talent, regardless if it's your cup of tea. I grew up in NY. I'm a huge fan of Jay-Z. I never was really big on Pac. That being said, I'm not going to act like Pac is wack or try to downplay how nice he was. I'm not going to shit on his accomplishments or downplay his impact on the culture. I feel HBO tries to shit on anything that isn't Larry Merchant style boxing. If you aren't beating each other to a bloody pulp. If you aren't trying to take a guy's head off with every punch. If you don't allow yourself to be pummeled to a bloody pulp. Then you aren't a good boxer. Ironically, none of that shit has anything to do with boxing. That's brawling. Like Apollo Creed said in Rocky 3, there's a difference between someone who fights great and a great fighter!
Jack 1000
QUOTE (Franchize @ Mar 25 2013, 05:27 PM) *
I smiled from ear to ear when Andre Ward said "No offense but, I don't want to be on the Gatti List." I get that people want to see blows traded but every fight can't be Gatti v Ward. The more fighters are bred for fights like that, the further the deterioration and elimination of skilled fighters becomes ever prevalent. The Sweet Science is gradually become Bitter Mathematics. Who can punch the most and the hardest. I know people want to see exciting fights, but don't we also want to see the skills that these guys get paid to hone? I mean we pay hard earned money to see guys whose sole livelihood is boxing. Then, instead of seeing a fighter with refined, cultivated skills, I see guys brawling like someone televised Bum Fights. It's like Hip-Hop. In the 90's, you had a few gimmick rappers but for the most part, to be recognized, you had to be good. Now, EVERYONE pretty much follows the "cheesy way out" route. Also, like hip-hop, everyone is allowed to have their preferences. That being said, real is always supposed to recognize real. You pay homage to greatness and true talent, regardless if it's your cup of tea. I grew up in NY. I'm a huge fan of Jay-Z. I never was really big on Pac. That being said, I'm not going to act like Pac is wack or try to downplay how nice he was. I'm not going to shit on his accomplishments or downplay his impact on the culture. I feel HBO tries to shit on anything that isn't Larry Merchant style boxing. If you aren't beating each other to a bloody pulp. If you aren't trying to take a guy's head off with every punch. If you don't allow yourself to be pummeled to a bloody pulp. Then you aren't a good boxer. Ironically, none of that shit has anything to do with boxing. That's brawling. Like Apollo Creed said in Rocky 3, there's a difference between someone who fights great and a great fighter!

Good points!

But when Max Kellerman was with ESPN on FNF, he literally had a gay love relationship with Pernell Whitaker and Zab Judah that was just as well-known as Lamply's cheerleading for the HBO contracted fighter, or in later years' Merchant's dislike for the "Slick Boxer." Which raises the question, has Kellerman been brain-washed by the higher ups at HBO to conform to the house' "slugging fighter" mentality, completely moving away from his constant praise of Whitiker and Judah, or maybe any elusive boxer? Is Max being conditioned by HBO to say what the network wants him to say, and this is turning him into a Larry Merchant clone?

Jack
daprofessor
QUOTE (Franchize @ Mar 25 2013, 06:27 PM) *

amen. except...i'm not a big jay z fan. i appreciate guys like nas, rakim and krs much more. i get what you're saying about 2pac though and i agree.

arum, larry merchant, jim lampley, thomas hauser and a couple of shitty boxing websites and their shill/hack writers all created this shit storm for hbo. they deserve to suck as hard as they're going to for the next few years.
daprofessor
QUOTE (Jack 1000 @ Mar 25 2013, 07:10 PM) *
Good points!

But when Max Kellerman was with ESPN on FNF, he literally had a gay love relationship with Pernell Whitaker and Zab Judah that was just as well-known as Lamply's cheerleading for the HBO contracted fighter, or in later years' Merchant's dislike for the "Slick Boxer." Which raises the question, has Kellerman been brain-washed by the higher ups at HBO to conform to the house' "slugging fighter" mentality, completely moving away from his constant praise of Whitiker and Judah, or maybe any elusive boxer? Is Max being conditioned by HBO to say what the network wants him to say, and this is turning him into a Larry Merchant clone?

Jack

very good questions!!! i was with max on his praise of whitaker and zab pre-kt. they were both very special fighters worthy of praise. once whitaker retired and zab didn't have his example in the gym...he went down defensively. i think max knows boxing more than both lamps and merchant. he's just become jaded by being in their presence.
Franchize
Good points!

Jack

If they can brain wash the late great Manny Steward, surely they can brainwash Kellerman. After a while, I'd listen to Emmanuel Steward's commentary like "is this guy serious right now?" The only guy that seems to be unflappable is Roy Jones Jr.
Cshel86
QUOTE (daprofessor @ Mar 25 2013, 05:18 PM) *
amen.

Hate to break it to ya Professor, but it seems as though he's already made that list. laugh.gif

But when Max Kellerman was with ESPN on FNF, he literally had a gay love relationship with Pernell Whitaker and Zab Judah that was just as well-known as Lamply's cheerleading for the HBO contracted fighter,

Ha! I forgot how sweet Kellerman was on Whitaker back in the day. Lol

QUOTE (Franchize @ Mar 25 2013, 08:33 PM) *
If they can brain wash the late great Manny Steward, surely they can brainwash Kellerman. After a while, I'd listen to Emmanuel Steward's commentary like "is this guy serious right now?" The only guy that seems to be unflappable is Roy Jones Jr.

Uhhh...maybe because no one can really understand what Roy says half the time anyway. Hell, I could barely understand what Steward used to say, ONLY when he got excited. Roy just talks too damn fast and he's too damn country to push an agenda. laugh.gif
mrchitown
QUOTE (daprofessor @ Mar 25 2013, 03:05 PM) *
true dat. plus taking off all that weight in a short period of time isn't good either.

I'm hoping that now that he's finally got another fight under his belt and the fans are giving him some praise that he won't balloon up in weight like that again
neophyte7
Bradley better take his PILLOW FISTED ASS BACK TO 140
Dolimite
Its like all sports, it morphs into what the public thinks it wants and it is run by people who never played the sport. Football is turning into a passing league and two hand touch. You can't touch the quarterback you can't hit hard, it makes the 70 and 80s football look like gladiator. Basketball is a shooting contest, no defense just dunking and shooting. No one takes pride in steals or shut down defense. Not even passing is looked as being an asset to the game. Baseball is about home runs. Boxing is not longer about hitting and not getting hit. It is trying to turn into Rocky movies. Eventually they are going to want someone to die in the ring in order for it to be exciting. I think HBO is lost right now. They have no idea what direction they want to go in. Lampley has turned into a bitter sardonic asshole. Kellerman tries so hard to be cutting edge and Ward wants to fit in while Jones says whatever the hell he wants to say. I am a bit taken back. They are not fans of the sport they are critics, I think one of the reason why Floyd left was he got tired of being shitted on by a company that he makes big time money for. Showtime they are fans of the sport.

To the Bradley and Ruslan fight, sadly if this fight wasn't a war and Bradley boxed the HBO cheerleaders would only focus on the seats being empty (which Lampley could not help but to keep mentioning throughout the fight) and how Pac was cheated. Or they would just ignore the fight and talk about their other upcoming fights. I honestly do not understand how they continue to rip apart certain fighters. Neither Kellerman or Lampley ever laced them up. Tim showed a ton of heart and stupidity and Ruslan fought his Russian ass off. My hats off to both guys as much as I like fights like they displayed I would rather see them around for the next five years with their senses in tact, fighting smarter fights.
Cshel86
QUOTE (Dolimite @ Mar 26 2013, 08:53 AM) *
Its like all sports, it morphs into what the public thinks it wants and it is run by people who never played the sport. Football is turning into a passing league and two hand touch. You can't touch the quarterback you can't hit hard, it makes the 70 and 80s football look like gladiator. Basketball is a shooting contest, no defense just dunking and shooting. No one takes pride in steals or shut down defense. Not even passing is looked as being an asset to the game. Baseball is about home runs. Boxing is not longer about hitting and not getting hit. It is trying to turn into Rocky movies. Eventually they are going to want someone to die in the ring in order for it to be exciting. I think HBO is lost right now. They have no idea what direction they want to go in. Lampley has turned into a bitter sardonic asshole. Kellerman tries so hard to be cutting edge and Ward wants to fit in while Jones says whatever the hell he wants to say. I am a bit taken back. They are not fans of the sport they are critics, I think one of the reason why Floyd left was he got tired of being shitted on by a company that he makes big time money for. Showtime they are fans of the sport.

To the Bradley and Ruslan fight, sadly if this fight wasn't a war and Bradley boxed the HBO cheerleaders would only focus on the seats being empty (which Lampley could not help but to keep mentioning throughout the fight) and how Pac was cheated. Or they would just ignore the fight and talk about their other upcoming fights. I honestly do not understand how they continue to rip apart certain fighters. Neither Kellerman or Lampley ever laced them up. Tim showed a ton of heart and stupidity and Ruslan fought his Russian ass off. My hats off to both guys as much as I like fights like they displayed I would rather see them around for the next five years with their senses in tact, fighting smarter fights.

Solid post Dolimite...I couldn't agree more.

Sadly, if a fighter were to die in the ring and the issue became big enough (translation: If a known fighter dies in the ring), then it will only bring more attention to the sport, rather than turn them away.

I have to agree with your comment about Showtime being FANS of the sport...those guys (commentators) enjoy the fights more than I do! And yes, the way sports is played today, it makes old school sports look so barbaric. LOL

I gotta appreciate RJJ being on the team...he pretty much calls a fight how he sees it and isn't afraid to be in the minority. Had he been present to call Bradley/Pac (the same he called Bradley/Provodnikov), then the fans would have a different view of the ending results. Roy was calling A LOT of Tim's shots a couple of weeks ago....something Lampley didn't care much to do.

Again, solid post my man.
daprofessor
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Mar 25 2013, 08:40 PM) *
Hate to break it to ya Professor, but it seems as though he's already made that list. laugh.gif

yeah...u may be right. laugh.gif
daprofessor
QUOTE (Dolimite @ Mar 26 2013, 08:53 AM) *

well said. couldn't agree more. solid post.
Jack 1000
QUOTE (Dolimite @ Mar 26 2013, 07:53 AM) *

Very articulate post! Good stuff!

Jack
Dolimite
I was thinking that HBO should hire Steven A. Smith and Skip Bayless to their cast. Why not... more critics and even bigger assholes. The HBO model.\

Bradley if I am him, would take the rest of the year off but I have a feeling that he is going to fight very soon. I wonder what the Bob Father has in stored for him. Let's be honest he hates Bradley and has 0 interest in promoting his career. I think Bradley may get the winner of the Peterson fight. I think Pac will fight Rios.
Cshel86
QUOTE (Dolimite @ Mar 26 2013, 11:59 PM) *
I was thinking that HBO should hire Steven A. Smith and Skip Bayless to their cast. Why not... more critics and even bigger assholes. The HBO model.\

laugh.gif

Pretty much
Jack 1000
Watched the replay,

Gave rounds 1, 2, 6, and 12 to Prod and the rest to Bradley,

Round 6 could have gone even, to Prod, or to Bradley, That's where Bradley moved great until the last 20 seconds of the round where he got nailed badly by Ruslan.

I think if fights were still 15 rounds, Bradley would have been KO'd in the 13th round. How did you see Round 6?

Jack
mrchitown
QUOTE (Dolimite @ Mar 26 2013, 10:59 PM) *

Bradley if I am him, would take the rest of the year off but I have a feeling that he is going to fight very soon. I wonder what the Bob Father has in stored for him. Let's be honest he hates Bradley and has 0 interest in promoting his career. I think Bradley may get the winner of the Peterson fight. I think Pac will fight Rios.

Bradley won't be fighting no Peterson any time soon. He's with GB now so get that out your head. I wouldn't be surprised if JMM is in Tim's future though
wolterb
QUOTE (mrchitown @ Mar 20 2013, 11:23 PM) *

yeah he did.
Cshel86
QUOTE (Jack 1000 @ Mar 27 2013, 01:40 PM) *
Watched the replay,

Gave rounds 1, 2, 6, and 12 to Prod and the rest to Bradley,

Round 6 could have gone even, to Prod, or to Bradley, That's where Bradley moved great until the last 20 seconds of the round where he got nailed badly by Ruslan.

I think if fights were still 15 rounds, Bradley would have been KO'd in the 13th round. How did you see Round 6?

Jack

Speaking of replay...what was up with that replay??? They had Lampley speaking in that staged boxing gym, as if Bradley/Provodnikov was part of the Best of Boxing 2013. I mean, I'm pretty it's gonna make the list, but I've never seen HBO replay a fight like this, not even a PPV bout...it only gets replayed like this at the end of the year.

Was I the only one that was this replay version???
Dolimite
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Mar 28 2013, 05:16 AM) *
Speaking of replay...what was up with that replay??? They had Lampley speaking in that staged boxing gym, as if Bradley/Provodnikov was part of the Best of Boxing 2013. I mean, I'm pretty it's gonna make the list, but I've never seen HBO replay a fight like this, not even a PPV bout...it only gets replayed like this at the end of the year.

Was I the only one that was this replay version???

HBO has nothing! I mean nothing. So much buzz was over the war Bradley and Ruslan had that they kept showing it to prove that they still put on great cards but if people heard the original commentary they would hear Lampley and Kellerman piss on Bradley so they had to change their tune. April and May will belong to Showtime. HBO has Sergio but let's face it Sergio is exciting and I love seeing him box but that is one out of many. Showtime will Have Swift and Judah, Canelo and Trout and of Course May Day. The Only card I am looking forward to that HBO will show is The Filipino Flab and Rig! Right now HBO is trying to reestablish itself but they look like the desperate chic at the bar during closing who is trying to get some D but no one is buying.
checkleft
QUOTE (Dolimite @ Mar 26 2013, 11:59 PM) *

If I didn't know better I would swear skip owned hbo
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.