Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: HBO@10:15PM(ET)/7:15PM(PT) Bradley vs. Provodnikov
FightHype Community > BOXING HYPE > Boxing
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
checkleft
QUOTE (Dolimite @ Mar 26 2013, 11:59 PM) *
I was thinking that HBO should hire Steven A. Smith and Skip Bayless to their cast. Why not... more critics and even bigger assholes. The HBO model.\

Bradley if I am him, would take the rest of the year off but I have a feeling that he is going to fight very soon. I wonder what the Bob Father has in stored for him. Let's be honest he hates Bradley and has 0 interest in promoting his career. I think Bradley may get the winner of the Peterson fight. I think Pac will fight Rios.

If I didn't know better I would swear skip owned hbo
Cshel86
QUOTE (Dolimite @ Mar 28 2013, 10:06 AM) *
HBO has nothing! I mean nothing. So much buzz was over the war Bradley and Ruslan had that they kept showing it to prove that they still put on great cards but if people heard the original commentary they would hear Lampley and Kellerman piss on Bradley so they had to change their tune. April and May will belong to Showtime. HBO has Sergio but let's face it Sergio is exciting and I love seeing him box but that is one out of many. Showtime will Have Swift and Judah, Canelo and Trout and of Course May Day. The Only card I am looking forward to that HBO will show is The Filipino Flab and Rig! Right now HBO is trying to reestablish itself but they look like the desperate chic at the bar during closing who is trying to get some D but no one is buying.

I agree

Lmao at the desperate chick at the bar comparison! laugh.gif
Jack 1000
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Mar 28 2013, 08:16 AM) *
Speaking of replay...what was up with that replay??? They had Lampley speaking in that staged boxing gym, as if Bradley/Provodnikov was part of the Best of Boxing 2013. I mean, I'm pretty it's gonna make the list, but I've never seen HBO replay a fight like this, not even a PPV bout...it only gets replayed like this at the end of the year.

Was I the only one that was this replay version???

I will have to check again if I remember. I saw it on HBO On Demand, and I think it just started with a brief look at Bradley-Pacquaio, and about four minutes in it goes right to the ring intros. Now, I fast forward through all the Pomp and Circumstance shit and go right to the ring intros. You have Direct TV, right CShel? Maybe they added some shit.

How was it for everybody else?

Jack
Dolimite
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Mar 28 2013, 08:33 PM) *
I agree

Lmao at the desperate chick at the bar comparison! laugh.gif

Come on Cshels you know what I am talking about with the chic at the bar. She would keep looking at you as if your standards would drop that low but then that last shot of Jack has you thinking that maybe you could but then you senses kick in and you walk away.

Has there been advertising for May Day during the college games?
Franchize
QUOTE (Dolimite @ Mar 29 2013, 09:02 AM) *
Come on Cshels you know what I am talking about with the chic at the bar. She would keep looking at you as if your standards would drop that low but then that last shot of Jack has you thinking that maybe you could but then you senses kick in and you walk away.

Has there been advertising for May Day during the college games?

I used to tell my cousin, that's the chick you fuck in the doorway. As SOON as you nut, it's time for her to go. You gotta tell her before hand. Baby girl, don't even get all extra undressed. Just pull your pants down or hike that dress up lol There will be no cuddling, spending the nights or even a warm rag to wash off after.

as for "MayDay" I haven't seen much ads for it. None during the college games which is surprising. Maybe I missed it if they did show it.
Dolimite
QUOTE (Franchize @ Mar 29 2013, 05:27 AM) *
I used to tell my cousin, that's the chick you fuck in the doorway. As SOON as you nut, it's time for her to go. You gotta tell her before hand. Baby girl, don't even get all extra undressed. Just pull your pants down or hike that dress up lol There will be no cuddling, spending the nights or even a warm rag to wash off after.

as for "MayDay" I haven't seen much ads for it. None during the college games which is surprising. Maybe I missed it if they did show it.

I like seconds and she wasn't that bad a of a girl, she was actually pretty sick. My only problem was that she was a "dancer" and too many of my friends saw her naked and that is where it ended, her stage name was Sauce, I miss that sauce.

I been in NOLA for that last few days and I haven't been watching much TV, I was just wondering if there have been advertising for the fight.
BrutUalBK
Its like all sports, it morphs into what the public thinks it wants and it is run by people who never played the sport. Football is turning into a passing league and two hand touch. You can't touch the quarterback you can't hit hard, it makes the 70 and 80s football look like gladiator. Basketball is a shooting contest, no defense just dunking and shooting. No one takes pride in steals or shut down defense. Not even passing is looked as being an asset to the game. Baseball is about home runs. Boxing is not longer about hitting and not getting hit. It is trying to turn into Rocky movies. Eventually they are going to want someone to die in the ring in order for it to be exciting. I think HBO is lost right now. They have no idea what direction they want to go in. Lampley has turned into a bitter sardonic asshole. Kellerman tries so hard to be cutting edge and Ward wants to fit in while Jones says whatever the hell he wants to say. I am a bit taken back. They are not fans of the sport they are critics, I think one of the reason why Floyd left was he got tired of being shitted on by a company that he makes big time money for. Showtime they are fans of the sport.

To the Bradley and Ruslan fight, sadly if this fight wasn't a war and Bradley boxed the HBO cheerleaders would only focus on the seats being empty (which Lampley could not help but to keep mentioning throughout the fight) and how Pac was cheated. Or they would just ignore the fight and talk about their other upcoming fights. I honestly do not understand how they continue to rip apart certain fighters. Neither Kellerman or Lampley ever laced them up. Tim showed a ton of heart and stupidity and Ruslan fought his Russian ass off. My hats off to both guys as much as I like fights like they displayed I would rather see them around for the next five years with their senses in tact, fighting smarter fights.

+1'ng this all day long.

At the end of the day I think we will see Showtime flourish and relish the opportunity it has to put the world's best boxer on a stage and showcase his talent rather than belittle his opponents, achievements or his behavior outside of the ring during the fight or after it in the way that HBO did. I said it earlier I believe that Floyd saw the light and said to himself "why should I be making these fools all this cheese when all they do is hate on me every chance they get" and so he bounced.

That's the reason I called HBO=Hate Bruthas Only because as far as I can remember the only types of fighters they ever liked of recent times are the Mosley, Ward types who just smile a lot and act all humble but any black man who carries himself with his pride on his sleeve talks loud while still whuppin anybody they put in front of them then they don't like that type of black man.<<<<I guess they consider that a black man is too arrogant if he talks ish and flaunts his talents in their face.

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.