Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: HBO@10:15PM(ET)/7:15PM(PT) Bradley vs. Provodnikov
FightHype Community > OTHER HYPE > Archives
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
Jack 1000
Follow all the action and post-fight reaction to tonight's WBO Welterweight Championship fight. FYI the Russian dude was Manny Pacquaio's sparring partner, and some are saying he will give a better showing than the approximate 8-1 odds against him. Discuss here.

Jack

Administrator
mitukczuk
I have never seen Provodnikov fight. But I expect him to have a granite chin and some power behind it with little or no significant defense. I smell surprise though, these kinds are dangerous. I sincerely hope lil' Timmy will win this one and gets a nice yet small (for a champion) payday. I will be cheering for him in my sleep as the fight is again at around 4am as always here in Europe.

Bradley by UD. 116-112 or smth like that.
Cshel86
I hate that I'm out of town for this one, but I'll be with you guys in spirit. I can leave a prediction, right? Lol

I used to dislike Bradley with a passion, but thanks to Professor, I'm now a Bradley fan. laugh.gif

I believe that this is Bradley's fight to lose. I see him beating a lot of guys, but this Provo guy may not be a walk in the park. I've yet to see anybody stand up to Timmy's bully-type style...but tonight may be the night.

I believe this Provo guy is a significant wild card in this situation...according to his record, but we all know how that goes

If Provo is first tonight, then we have to see how Timmy adjusts. He usually adjusts well, but if Provo is as tough as the other Asian fighter (I believe his last name is Kim), then this one should be interesting.

I'll be the oddball to say that Bradley gets dropped tonight, but finishes the fight in great comeback effort. Maybe he's gotten sharper since his last fight with one of the greatest fighters of this generation. Who knows.

Bradley eeks out a nasty decision in this one.
mgrover
Problem is I dislike the shit out of Bradley, he talks as if he completely outclassed Pac while in reality it was a pretty close fight. Especially when Pac fought Marquez and he said that, that was the easier fight. In the words of Thurman, come on son. Also the fact he didn't fight Khan still pisses me off to this day lol
Jack 1000
We might get some shit or at least a surprise tonight,

Because at least according to Box Rec, CShel's favorite ref is officiating!!!! hahahahaha!

http://boxrec.com/list_bouts.php?human_id=...3&cat=boxer

Jack
Cheesey1
QUOTE (mitukczuk @ Mar 16 2013, 01:16 PM) *
I have never seen Provodnikov fight. But I expect him to have a granite chin and some power behind it with little or no significant defense. I smell surprise though, these kinds are dangerous. I sincerely hope lil' Timmy will win this one and gets a nice yet small (for a champion) payday. I will be cheering for him in my sleep as the fight is again at around 4am as always here in Europe.

Bradley by UD. 116-112 or smth like that.

Provodnikov's been on ESPN a couple of times and has never faced anyone of Bradley's calibre. With two functioning ankles this time, unlike when he fought Pacquaio, Bradley should win very comfortably. Provodnikov has a puncher's chance, but that's it.
BigFightFan
Lucky boy is throwing some wild bombs, Vargas better keep ducking
mrchitown
This is a good fight!!
VJones
If I didn't trust my own eyes, I wouldn't know what was going on in this fight listening to Lampley & Co. Jesse Vargas is a bore. They can't make him exciting or appealing. Letterman is the only one watching the fight I'm watching tonight. These HBO cheerleaders are trying too hard.
Cheesey1
I'm surprised that TR put Vargas in the ring with a very, very live opponent. To me, through 9 rounds, Omotoso's definitely ahead. Close, but no question about it (except when the judges give it to Vargas)

How did Vargas win the 9th? Omotoso even landed a nice sneaky uppercut inside of Vargas' jab, maybe more than once.
mrchitown
Wale got this fight IMO, hope he gets it on the official cards
BigFightFan
I can't believe Lampley gave Vargas the 10th round.
Cheesey1
QUOTE (VJones @ Mar 16 2013, 10:02 PM) *
If I didn't trust my own eyes, I wouldn't know what was going on in this fight listening to Lampley & Co. Jesse Vargas is a bore. They can't make him exciting or appealing. Letterman is the only one watching the fight I'm watching tonight. These HBO cheerleaders are trying too hard.

I was almost made to vomit by the laughable commentary. I turned the volume off. If you get Fox Deportes, there's some live boxing courtesy of GBP on now. The main event is the young, undefeated Mexican super middleweight, Marco Antonio Periban. From the little I know of Periban (but I've seen him win before on FoxDeportes), he's been fed soft touches in the past, but he might do something.

Haha, Vargas won!!! The judges have no shame.
pimpfighterROQ
I had Vargas winning by a point.
VJones
QUOTE (BigFightFan @ Mar 16 2013, 10:09 PM) *
I can't believe Lampley gave Vargas the 10th round.

Big, it's getting to the point where I can't watch HBO anymore. And I'm sick of Vargas and his very questionable wins. Smh.
leonthegee
Bradleys weighing 159 tonight. Thats a little shocking.
VJones
QUOTE (Cheesey1 @ Mar 16 2013, 10:10 PM) *
I was almost made to vomit by the laughable commentary. I turned the volume off. If you get Fox Deportes, there's some live boxing courtesy of GBP on now. The main event is the young, undefeated Mexican middleweight, Marco Antonio Periban. From the little I know of Periban (but I've seen him win before on FoxDeportes), he's been fed soft touches in the past, but he might do something.

Haha, Vargas won!!! The judges have no shame.

You and me both, Cheesy! I can't watch HBO. It's so out of hand. I usually turn off the volume when I get really annoyed, but that irks me because its not quite the same...I enjoy the sounds of gloves touching flesh, rushing air, groans, moans, the crowd. I pay for all of that. And HBO is ruining these matches!

I don't have Deportes. Wish I did. smile.gif

Oh yeah, and these "judges" should truly be ashamed. Ruining the sport.
Cheesey1
Until Pacquaio asks Bradley for a rematch like the supposed champion that he is, he will always be considered by people like me, to be a smelly pussy!
The Original MrFactor
I wouldn't be shocked to see Bradley lose. This may be pay back for Pacquiao. Not to mention, this is a tough unheard from guy that Bradley is fighting. He will be relentless and good. Throws punches all day. Will be a high action fight...
pimpfighterROQ
Looks like Bradley got a Nike sponsorship LOL
Cheesey1
QUOTE (VJones @ Mar 16 2013, 10:18 PM) *
You and me both, Cheesy! I can't watch HBO. It's so out of hand. I usually turn off the volume when I get really annoyed, but that irks me because its not quite the same...I enjoy the sounds of gloves touching flesh, rushing air, groans, moans, the crowd. I pay for all of that. And HBO is ruining these matches!

I don't have Deportes. Wish I did. smile.gif

Oh yeah, and these "judges" should truly be ashamed. Ruining the sport.

Yeah man.

FoxDeportes has a weekly 'Golden Boy Promotions Presnets' series that is usually full of great bouts. A lot of up and coming GBP (and Mayweather Promotions) boxers in nice match ups.
mrchitown
Looked like a KD to me, what yall think fellas?
Cheesey1
Bradley was standing and trading for no reason. Provodnikov got lucky.
pimpfighterROQ
HOLY SHIT
KOpower
That was a KD for real. Bradley was falling all over himself. That was a crushing shot and I might give it a 10-8 round.
BigFightFan
QUOTE (mrchitown @ Mar 16 2013, 10:28 PM) *
Looked like a KD to me, what yall think fellas?

I agree, should have been a KD
mrchitown
QUOTE (Cheesey1 @ Mar 16 2013, 09:28 PM) *
Bradley was standing and trading for no reason. Provodnikov got lucky.

I doubt he got lucky because he just hurt Bradley again
KOpower
Bradley is getting CRUSHED in there but he is fighting back.
mrchitown
This is a fight yall!! I'm loving this
KOpower
What a helluva fight. WOW. Bradley is in some serious trouble though He is getting blasted all over the ring.
Cheesey1
QUOTE (mrchitown @ Mar 16 2013, 10:30 PM) *
I doubt he got lucky because he just hurt Bradley again

Bradley's standing and trading. Why? He's a boxer. He's giving that slow ass Provodnikov every chance in the world. Stupid.
pimpfighterROQ
Provodnikov better not tire out shiiit!!
BigFightFan
What a fight! Bradley has a set of whiskers on him. Bradley really needs to box this round
Cheesey1
When Bradley jabs and moves, it's not even close. He's playing right into the other guy's hands when he stands and exchanges basic power punches.
KOpower
The Russian looks punched out though. He looks terrible in this 3rd round.
VJones
QUOTE (mrchitown @ Mar 16 2013, 10:32 PM) *
This is a fight yall!! I'm loving this

Agreed. But Bradley needs to box. Pro has the power advantage. Bradley is trying to prove too much. Like he's fighting this fight and to prove he won the last. Not fighting smart.
VJones
QUOTE (KOpower @ Mar 16 2013, 10:34 PM) *
The Russian looks punched out though. He looks terrible in this 3rd round.

Yeppers. He's slowing. Bradley should box now. Effectively and smartly.
Cheesey1
All the shit that people were saying definitely made Bradley try to prove something in the first two rounds. Dumb ass. Just beat the guy and who cares what the press and 'fans' have to say.
Franchize
Bradley looks like trash but damn he has the biggest heart maybe in the sport. I've gained respect for him. He's the new Arturo Gatti lol
Cheesey1
QUOTE (VJones @ Mar 16 2013, 10:34 PM) *
Agreed. But Bradley needs to box. Pro has the power advantage. Bradley is trying to prove too much. Like he's fighting this fight and to prove he won the last. Not fighting smart.

Yup.
Franchize
BTW, I know I'm late but that Vargas decision was bogus. 97-92?
VJones
Diaz is hilarious. Lol. And Bradley's pops needs to step back a bit. Let the trainer do his job.
KOpower
Round 1: 10-8 for Provodnikov
Round 2: 10-9 for Provodnikov
Round 3: 10-9 for Bradley
checkleft
I knew this fight would be really good. Nobody was even thinking about this fight, what a round 2!
KOpower
Provodnikov is catching Bradley whenever he throws, but the last 2 rounds he hasn't let his hands go. He just looks tired.
Franchize
I dont think theyre accurate on HBO. Sure Bradley was out on his feet but he was still dodging and landing. Alvarado, while stopped too early, was blank for about 3 seconds
Cheesey1
That's more like it Timmy. Stay on the outside until the 8th round and continue to land those combos.
pimpfighterROQ
Bradley comin alive now
Franchize
Bradley seems a step slow with his reflexes. He sees the punches and tries to slip but it's like his body is a shade behind
mrchitown
QUOTE (Cheesey1 @ Mar 16 2013, 09:32 PM) *
Bradley's standing and trading. Why? He's a boxer. He's giving that slow ass Provodnikov every chance in the world. Stupid.

When he boxes, this guy doesn't stand a chance
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.