Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Where does Provodnikov go next?
FightHype Community > BOXING HYPE > Boxing
The Original MrFactor
The guy lost on points, but beat the living shit out of Bradley. I wouldn't be surprised if we didn't see Bradley for a while. Where does Provodnikov go from here? He just became the new Antonio Margarito. No one will want to tuch this guy at WW or 140. Not everyone has the workrate ability that Bradley does. That won Bradley the fight because he was able to pull a Joe Calzaghe.

The top names at WW don't have Joe Calzaghe in them. They will avoid Provodnikov like the plague. His power and relentlessness will keep him from getting fights.
scdrking2
I think he is an option for guys who can move. They can beat him. But for guys that dont, what is the value in getting in a war with a guy who is a head hunter who is going to hurt you. He is either going to have to get some Top Rank canned fights or work his way up the rankings.
neophyte7
he goes in search of some DEFENSE...
aTYpicalTYrant
QUOTE (neophyte7 @ Mar 18 2013, 09:55 AM) *
he goes in search of some DEFENSE...

I know I'm beating a dead horse BUT....... Who is his trainer again?
mitukczuk
I hope he doesn't go anywhere near big or even mediocre paydays. I am tired of these one fight out of nowhere money catapults.
neophyte7
QUOTE (aTYpicalTYrant @ Mar 18 2013, 12:30 PM) *
I know I'm beating a dead horse BUT....... Who is his trainer again?

LMAO... yeah I hear you.. Roach is going to get a fighter killed soon!!!
checkleft
Roach said they offered him the rios vs alvarado winner.
The Original MrFactor
QUOTE (checkleft @ Mar 18 2013, 01:44 PM) *

The winner of that one will likely be beat up too. That fight might happen next year. All of these guys will need to recuperate. It will be a barn burner should it happen...
mgrover
QUOTE (mitukczuk @ Mar 18 2013, 04:57 PM) *
I hope he doesn't go anywhere near big or even mediocre paydays. I am tired of these one fight out of nowhere money catapults.

Why not the man deserves it. People just expected him to lose and that Bradley would outbox him easily. He brought hell with him.
mitukczuk
QUOTE (mgrover @ Mar 18 2013, 03:33 PM) *
Why not the man deserves it. People just expected him to lose and that Bradley would outbox him easily. He brought hell with him.

No argument there, Mg. It's nothing personal against Ruslan. I just don't like this pilosophy, that's all. Let Provod prove himself...to me, one fight isn't enough.
mgrover
QUOTE (mitukczuk @ Mar 18 2013, 08:42 PM) *
No argument there, Mg. It's nothing personal against Ruslan. I just don't like this pilosophy, that's all. Let Provod prove himself...to me, one fight isn't enough.

fair enough, but the way he's going, gotta strike while the irons hot, thats why he was offered the Mike vs Rios fight rather than Bradley. If he wins he'll become a new star, probably bigger than Bradley. If he loses he was in barn burner. While Bradley may of gained respect for his win that night, people are already talking about his retirement which is a bit weird but whatever. If Bradley beats Rios, it's bad for Arum and if he loses to Rios, well we know he won't, but he'll most likely get robbed on the cards.
mitukczuk
QUOTE (mgrover @ Mar 18 2013, 05:02 PM) *
fair enough, but the way he's going, gotta strike while the irons hot, thats why he was offered the Mike vs Rios fight rather than Bradley. If he wins he'll become a new star, probably bigger than Bradley. If he loses he was in barn burner. While Bradley may of gained respect for his win that night, people are already talking about his retirement which is a bit weird but whatever. If Bradley beats Rios, it's bad for Arum and if he loses to Rios, well we know he won't, but he'll most likely get robbed on the cards.

Agreed. You know, this is how the system works...me not agreeing with it hardly changes anything biggrin.gif I am not sure about Bradley beating Rios, hes got all the tools but he gets hurt a lot...which is weird because I think hes got a good chin. Anyways...don't get me wrong really, it was an impressive coming out performance from Ruslan...but I want to see him establishing himself in the division and also establishing his name in general. One or two more fights just to see that the "styles make fights" was not the only thing in effect during his fight vs Bradley and I'm ok with him getting lil' sumtin' sumtin'.
Franchize
Provodnikov will be yet another brawler who'll be the gate keeper to title fights probably. I see him as being no different then say a Selcuk Aydin type guy. Maybe even a Jan Zaveck. He'll give a potential star fighter a serious scare but even if he wins a close decision, he'll never get the victory on the score cards. I admire his heart and punching power but I don't him as anything more than a resume' builder.
daprofessor
QUOTE (The Original MrFactor @ Mar 18 2013, 08:10 AM) *
The guy lost on points, but beat the living shit out of Bradley. I wouldn't be surprised if we didn't see Bradley for a while. Where does Provodnikov go from here? He just became the new Antonio Margarito. No one will want to tuch this guy at WW or 140. Not everyone has the workrate ability that Bradley does. That won Bradley the fight because he was able to pull a Joe Calzaghe.

The top names at WW don't have Joe Calzaghe in them. They will avoid Provodnikov like the plague. His power and relentlessness will keep him from getting fights.

and like margarito walked through that shit storm (first 7 rounds) from cotto to get that win....ruslan walked through a shit storm for 12 to get a loss. he may have not shown it during the fight...but he's been softened up. like margarito...it'll show in the next few fights. hopefully he takes a long vacation before he gets back in the ring. if his ppl care about him, they'll match him with a soft touch next time around.

daprofessor
QUOTE (mitukczuk @ Mar 18 2013, 11:57 AM) *

are they taxing the kids college funds? breaking your bank? laugh.gif

he's earned whatever he's got coming after that one.
daprofessor
QUOTE (The Original MrFactor @ Mar 18 2013, 01:59 PM) *
The winner of that one will likely be beat up too. That fight might happen next year. All of these guys will need to recuperate. It will be a barn burner should it happen...

rios/alvarado/prodnikov....they'll all end up punchy. sad.gif
Franchize
QUOTE (daprofessor @ Mar 18 2013, 07:17 PM) *
rios/alvarado/prodnikov....they'll all end up punchy. sad.gif

They won't be able to digest solids by the time they're 40.
mgrover
QUOTE (mitukczuk @ Mar 18 2013, 09:31 PM) *
Agreed. You know, this is how the system works...me not agreeing with it hardly changes anything biggrin.gif I am not sure about Bradley beating Rios, hes got all the tools but he gets hurt a lot...which is weird because I think hes got a good chin. Anyways...don't get me wrong really, it was an impressive coming out performance from Ruslan...but I want to see him establishing himself in the division and also establishing his name in general. One or two more fights just to see that the "styles make fights" was not the only thing in effect during his fight vs Bradley and I'm ok with him getting lil' sumtin' sumtin'.

At 147 I think Bradley wins, I mean how far can Rioses power really carry up? He beat Alvarado by accumulation and Alvarado gassing more than anything.
The Original MrFactor
QUOTE (daprofessor @ Mar 18 2013, 07:14 PM) *
and like margarito walked through that shit storm (first 7 rounds) from cotto to get that win....ruslan walked through a shit storm for 12 to get a loss. he may have not shown it during the fight...but he's been softened up. like margarito...it'll show in the next few fights. hopefully he takes a long vacation before he gets back in the ring. if his ppl care about him, they'll match him with a soft touch next time around.

I think he's a bit different than Margarito. His neck, head and torso are big. he's top heavy and may be able to sustain a bit more than Margarito. Genetics may be in his favor. We'll see. I hope he, too stays away for a while. I thought he acted like a tough guy at the end, but was hurt much more than he let on.
mgrover
he reminds me of this guy

The Original MrFactor
QUOTE (mgrover @ Mar 18 2013, 08:36 PM) *

Gave me a good laugh... I agree witcha!
BigFightFan
QUOTE (checkleft @ Mar 18 2013, 01:44 PM) *

More like the rios vs Alvarado loser would be more appropriate. Ruslan is going to be a head first punching bag that makes fan friendly fights. If Bradley would have boxed from the opening bell we wouldn't be having this conversation period.
sduck
He's made a name for himself and will probably get some decent fights in the future. As a PPV star? Probably not.
mrchitown
I know he put on a helluva performance and I want to see more of him but TBH if he fights someone who moves and stays on the outside, he has a limited chance of winning the fight

Him vs the Rios-Alvarado winner is interesting but he should realistically fight the loser which I think will be Alvarado again. TR could put this fight on an undercard of a Pacquiao-Rios PPV, that would be pretty interesting
daprofessor

laugh.gif that's just wrong!!!
daprofessor
QUOTE (The Original MrFactor @ Mar 18 2013, 08:32 PM) *
I think he's a bit different than Margarito. His neck, head and torso are big. he's top heavy and may be able to sustain a bit more than Margarito. Genetics may be in his favor. We'll see. I hope he, too stays away for a while. I thought he acted like a tough guy at the end, but was hurt much more than he let on.

true...plus he's russian.

he cried...he had to act tough because that's not allowed in russia.
Cshel86

laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.