Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: HBO will no longer do Business with Golden Boy!?
FightHype Community > BOXING HYPE > Boxing
Pages: 1, 2
aTYpicalTYrant
They're saying that HBO is going the crazy ex-Girlfriend route with this split. Lol
I guess they are on Their Taylor Swift. The full report is yet to come out on yahoo but if true this would prove more serious than I imagined. Unfortunately I believe HBO will hurt themselves more so in the long run. You don't burn bridges.....
checkleft
http://m.ringtv.craveonline.com/blog/17782...from-golden-boy

It's on ring to

Just when you thought all these bs boxing rivalries were simmering down this happens. Hbo may be Fucking up big
neophyte7
WAS HBO involved when it was reported HOPKINS WOULD NEVER AGAIN FIGHT AT MSG AFTER HE WRECKED TRINIDAD and the SRR trophy had to be re-engraved?
checkleft
Very surprised hbo said they are passing on broner. Did not see that coming at all
mitukczuk
HBO is losing big these days. BUT...It's time to shine for the smaller promoters and their stables. HBO can turn into platform for the up and coming fighters who will then "graduate" to Showtime. Not likely, but it is a possibility. Showtime has been playing second fiddle for the longest..

I am curious to see how this turns out.
xxxxxx
Mayweather Promotions Is the Future of Showtime,CBS/Boxing period. They will work with Todd DuBoef & Richard Shaefer for future fights. I'm sure Mayweather & Jackson will eventually do a cards or cards together in the future also. Their beef has went up and down, but Look at Jr. and Sr.'s relationship and thats father/son, Trainer,Fighter. Whatever makes money.
Jack 1000
The Gay Love relationship between Lampley and Oscar has officially ended!!!! Hahahahaha! On a more serious note, do you think that HBO will finally work to end long-term contract relationships with the fighters, take a page from the Showtime manual for boxing, and just purchase the best, most competitive fights on a fight to fight basis?

Jack
Franchize
You know what this means right? Every fight they have is going to have to be like Rios/Alvarado for it to be worth watching. NONE of Top Prank's fighters have any defense so in the short run, it may be cool but long term, I don't see any of their fighters having any longevity. I hope they have some master plan on how to market Andre Ward and Sergio Martinez because Bob Arum's fighters won't be able to consume solids in 5 years lol
xxxxxx
QUOTE (Jack 1000 @ Mar 18 2013, 05:04 PM) *
The Gay Love relationship between Lampley and Oscar has officially ended!!!! Hahahahaha! On a more serious note, do you think that HBO will finally work to end long-term contract relationships with the fighters, take a page from the Showtime manual for boxing, and just purchase the best, most competitive fights on a fight to fight basis?

Jack

I think SHOWTIME and even hbo will still put on decent fights, but SHOWTIME/CBS is the future of Boxing. The Broner decison will be a factor, because he's probably the next big thing material even though he got some work to do. We will see.
scdrking2
Cant believe HBO is acting so butt hurt, but it is what it is. This just makes the likelihood of any future GB/TR fights and even more remote possibility, which is bad for the sport. Pac has fought on Showtime, but I guess it didnt matter since it was not a long term deal.
daprofessor
message to hbo:

if you would like to be relevant again get rid of the ass clowns....lampley and kellerman.

add big george and mike tyson to the commentary team with someone like bob poppa to tie it all together.

shoot the guy who's been talking to the commentators in the ear piece.

offer the public the option to view fights without commentary and just crowd/ring noise.

stop trying to force feed us match ups and champions.

let the chips fall where they may.

stop with the showcase bouts.

stop trying to act like you guys know it all.

try to be more like showtime. smile.gif
Dolimite
They have gone crazy!!! Who does Top Rank really have? Goosen and Lou do not have star studded PPV fighters other that Manny (who hasn't said shit since December) and JMM. I do not understand this move? Sergio is a big fighter but still relatively unknown to the rest of the boxing public. Chavez Jr. has maybe two years left in his daddy's lime light. I honestly do not understand this move. This is like your ex chic taking yawls kid and running away to another city and demanding that you never talk her again. I swear HBO is about to be third in the boxing world. ESPN has put on better cards. They are acting like some jealous trix. Better yet this is like your ex girl dating the dude that you hate and wants to post facebook pictures of her dude and she all over the damn place! Stupid move!
daprofessor
QUOTE (Dolimite @ Mar 18 2013, 06:18 PM) *
They have gone crazy!!! Who does Top Rank really have? Goosen and Lou do not have star studded PPV fighters other that Manny (who hasn't said shit since December) and JMM. I do not understand this move? Sergio is a big fighter but still relatively unknown to the rest of the boxing public. Chavez Jr. has maybe two years left in his daddy's lime light. I honestly do not understand this move. This is like your ex chic taking yawls kid and running away to another city and demanding that you never talk her again. I swear HBO is about to be third in the boxing world. ESPN has put on better cards. They are acting like some jealous trix. Better yet this is like your ex girl dating the dude that you hate and wants to post facebook pictures of her dude and she all over the damn place! Stupid move!

i have made this point time and time again....PPV IS NOT GOOD FOR BOXING!!!

the best fights usually happen between non-ppv fighters.

i.e. bradley/prodnikov...

Dolimite
QUOTE (daprofessor @ Mar 18 2013, 04:21 PM) *
i have made this point time and time again....PPV IS NOT GOOD FOR BOXING!!!

the best fights usually happen between non-ppv fighters.

i.e. bradley/prodnikov...

That is how HBO makes money, big PPV. And I agree with you about PPVs not being good for boxing. It is away for promotional companies and the venues as well as the station to get paid!
KOpower
Showtime, simply put, does not have the money to absorb all the extra inventory that this causes GBP. HBO still crushes Showtime in terms of number of subscribers and that has NOTHING to do with boxing. The hardcore fan will certainly watch Showtime, but the casual fan that gets turned on to a match after watching it on HBO On-Demand will still be there for HBO....not as much for Showtime.

Showtime still won't have as many subscribers as HBO and a BUNCH of mouths to feed. This means a secondary market could get good fights like Broner, Hopkins, etc. That also means Broner, Hopkins, etc won't make as much money. Here is how it shakes out...

-GBP obviously gets hurt the most. Simply put, Showtime's budget isn't going to be able to feed all of those mouths.

-HBO is hurt as well. GBP has the deepest stable of fighters.

-Boxing fans are hurt because it limits the number of fights we will see

-The BIG winner is Showtime. HBO gets hurt and Showtime will likely get better prices on some future fights.

-Secondary guys like Hopkins and Broner get hurt. Showtime can't pay them the same as HBO would.

-Eventually GBP will come back to HBO...more on HBO's terms. It may take a few years, but HBO has enough money to put on some really good events. Ward, Martinez, Pac, JMM, Bradley, etc is a decent stable to work with. HBO essentially gets 1st crack at anyone that isn't GBP.
BigFightFan
Although this hurts HBO upfront, I see it as an opportunity for Top Rank, Main Events, SMS, and maybe even Don King to build a stable of fighters promoted by HBO. We will have to wait and see how this all plays out
Hotsauce
QUOTE (neophyte7 @ Mar 18 2013, 12:43 PM) *
WAS HBO involved when it was reported HOPKINS WOULD NEVER AGAIN FIGHT AT MSG AFTER HE WRECKED TRINIDAD and the SRR trophy had to be re-engraved?

what happen?
Jack 1000
QUOTE (daprofessor @ Mar 18 2013, 06:10 PM) *
message to hbo:

if you would like to be relevant again get rid of the ass clowns....lampley and kellerman.

add big george and mike tyson to the commentary team with someone like bob poppa to tie it all together.

shoot the guy who's been talking to the commentators in the ear piece.

offer the public the option to view fights without commentary and just crowd/ring noise.

stop trying to force feed us match ups and champions.

let the chips fall where they may.

stop with the showcase bouts.

stop trying to act like you guys know it all.

try to be more like showtime. smile.gif

Good List!

I would prefer someone like Tim Ryan over Bob Poppa. I find Bob boring.

I would dump Punch Stat.

Love the No Commentary option! At least try this as an experiment.

Max is trying to be like Merchant, he's such a clone.

Lamply should leave HBO and take up cheerleading which he is better at than commentating! He was good fifteen years ago, now just a shrill for the HBO Contracted fighter..

Steve Weisfeld is not needed. Why is he there?

Get fights on a fight by fight basis that will produce the best action, most two-sided contests.

No more promotional monopolies;

Get Lou Dibella back in charge of your Boxing Department who ran the Boxing After Dark Show with some of the best action fights from the mid 90's to early 2000's that the sport has ever seen.

Less PPV's. Too many PPV's drive people away from the sport.

Jack
leonthegee
QUOTE (KOpower @ Mar 18 2013, 06:46 PM) *
Showtime, simply put, does not have the money to absorb all the extra inventory that this causes GBP. HBO still crushes Showtime in terms of number of subscribers and that has NOTHING to do with boxing. The hardcore fan will certainly watch Showtime, but the casual fan that gets turned on to a match after watching it on HBO On-Demand will still be there for HBO....not as much for Showtime.

Showtime still won't have as many subscribers as HBO and a BUNCH of mouths to feed. This means a secondary market could get good fights like Broner, Hopkins, etc. That also means Broner, Hopkins, etc won't make as much money. Here is how it shakes out...

-GBP obviously gets hurt the most. Simply put, Showtime's budget isn't going to be able to feed all of those mouths.

-HBO is hurt as well. GBP has the deepest stable of fighters.

-Boxing fans are hurt because it limits the number of fights we will see

-The BIG winner is Showtime. HBO gets hurt and Showtime will likely get better prices on some future fights.

-Secondary guys like Hopkins and Broner get hurt. Showtime can't pay them the same as HBO would.

-Eventually GBP will come back to HBO...more on HBO's terms. It may take a few years, but HBO has enough money to put on some really good events. Ward, Martinez, Pac, JMM, Bradley, etc is a decent stable to work with. HBO essentially gets 1st crack at anyone that isn't GBP.

Its about cash flow. GBP has 140 thu 154 on lock. Showtime will be fine. They hae the 2 best young stars, Mayweather, and all around better roster than HBO and TR.
BrutUalBK
HBO just don't like the sour taste of the grapes of losing FMJr has left behind on their table, not to mention that Broner and the rest of the GBP camp will be taking their talent pool with him so they can all cash in on the Money May Lottery over at Showtime boxing.

Oscar isn't stupid, he knows that a vast talent pool is going to want to fight on the Showtime network now that Floyd has moved there. If HBO was smart they would've bidded a little higher to keep Floyd because that would mean that they'll be able to keep Broner there too (he will be the next Cashcow).

I'm glad Floyd left HBO because all they did was tear him down and honestly he was bringing them their bread and butter when all they did was spit on him at the dinner table no matter who he beat.
Hotsauce
50 putting 40 mill on the table for broner?
mrchitown
Lemme just say, I in no way believe Broner would do any business with 50 cent as far as him promoting him. He's too unproven and FNF cards aint gon do it for a main event attraction like Broner. GB and Haymon have taken a hit, how big is not yet known but a hit nonetheless. But they still wield some influence in the biz and their stable of fighters is pretty deep

As far as who comes out the winner-loser here will just have to wait to be decided. IMO both will see some damaging effects....GB no longer has the budget of a HBO and that makes me wonder how that will effect them at contract time with their fighters. If they put on compelling fights that the viewers are intrigued by then that will go along way. But the bottom line is Showtime needs the subscribers to really go at HBO

I think that recently, especially last year, that Showtime had the better overall quality of matches. This is good for Showtime because they have a little more leverage now in terms of future fights. Just looking at Showtime right now they have Mayweather, Broner, Canelo, Khan, etc. That's not a bad lineup, my concern is the limited budget of Showtime. And let's face it, HBO know how to build boxers into attractions or even stars...look how they sold that lemon, Berto to us for all these yrs

HBO will be hurt because their essentially out of the 140-154lb business. And even though they seem to insinuate that they want better fights, I think we know they're counting on Arum and TR to deliver for them now. Which is a 50-50 proposition for them because he easily gets butt hurt about the dumbest things. But this also opens up Dibella and Shaw and Goosen on board. They have some fighters on the verge of breakthrough stardom, i.e. Andre Ward, and we all know Dibella has done some great things for HBO in the past. All in all both companies will be fine and I suspect they'll do business down the road
mrchitown
I'm seeing comments all over the place about people saying they're going to dump HBO and pick up Showtime. Shit getting real out here lol
Dolimite
QUOTE (Hotsauce @ Mar 18 2013, 11:19 PM) *
50 putting 40 mill on the table for broner?

He offered 40 million for 3 years or something. I doubt Broner would betray his big brother.
daprofessor
QUOTE (Jack 1000 @ Mar 19 2013, 12:28 AM) *
Good List!

I would prefer someone like Tim Ryan over Bob Poppa. I find Bob boring.

I would dump Punch Stat.

Love the No Commentary option! At least try this as an experiment.

Max is trying to be like Merchant, he's such a clone.

Lamply should leave HBO and take up cheerleading which he is better at than commentating! He was good fifteen years ago, now just a shrill for the HBO Contracted fighter..

Steve Weisfeld is not needed. Why is he there?

Get fights on a fight by fight basis that will produce the best action, most two-sided contests.

No more promotional monopolies;

Get Lou Dibella back in charge of your Boxing Department who ran the Boxing After Dark Show with some of the best action fights from the mid 90's to early 2000's that the sport has ever seen.

Less PPV's. Too many PPV's drive people away from the sport.

Jack

tim ryan? not familiar with him.

i forgot about punch stat! yes...please get rid of them.

max is definitely merchant jr these days.

steve weisfeld?
daprofessor
QUOTE (BrutUalBK @ Mar 19 2013, 01:28 AM) *
HBO just don't like the sour taste of the grapes of losing FMJr has left behind on their table, not to mention that Broner and the rest of the GBP camp will be taking their talent pool with him so they can all cash in on the Money May Lottery over at Showtime boxing.

Oscar isn't stupid, he knows that a vast talent pool is going to want to fight on the Showtime network now that Floyd has moved there. If HBO was smart they would've bidded a little higher to keep Floyd because that would mean that they'll be able to keep Broner there too (he will be the next Cashcow).

I'm glad Floyd left HBO because all they did was tear him down and honestly he was bringing them their bread and butter when all they did was spit on him at the dinner table no matter who he beat.

yes he is. schaeffer and haymon are the brains of that outfit.

there was no bid...floyd was never signed to hbo. hbo hasn't signed a fighter in a while.
Cshel86
QUOTE (mrchitown @ Mar 19 2013, 02:51 AM) *
And even though they seem to insinuate that they want better fights, I think we know they're counting on Arum and TR to deliver for them now. Which is a 50-50 proposition for them because he easily gets butt hurt about the dumbest things. But this also opens up Dibella and Shaw and Goosen on board. They have some fighters on the verge of breakthrough stardom, i.e. Andre Ward, and we all know Dibella has done some great things for HBO in the past. All in all both companies will be fine and I suspect they'll do business down the road

I have to translate our post Chi..."Arum will now be the monopoly promoter for HBO". Regardless of how touchy Arum can get with HBO over petty stuff, this is an open invitation for him to run ship.

Now that he pretty much KNOWS that HBO will need him, he almost has the green light to do what he pleases. Regardless of how much I loathe him, when he's good and ready, he puts together some pretty decent cards.

The problem with Goosen and DiBella's promotional companies/fighters, is that they're always on the B-side of things. In their fighters' biggest fights, they've needed to be across the ring from a TR fighter. Besides, when Goosen's fighters have a fight, they usually go under the radar, and we never see much promotion for the fight, until the fight actually happens.

Ward almost landed a showcase bout against Pavlik before it fell apart, and Sergio JUST got the biggest fight of his career, which was couple by the likes of Bob Arum and Chavez. I've seen a few DiBella cards, and most of them can be seen on FNFs, not necessarily premium channels. Dont get me wrong, the fights were god, but it did lack that premium channel quality. As far as I'm concerned, Goosen, DiBella, and Shaw, simply get their fighters tv deals, and don't actually "promote" the guys to their full potential.

QUOTE (mrchitown @ Mar 19 2013, 03:09 AM) *
I'm seeing comments all over the place about people saying they're going to dump HBO and pick up Showtime. Shit getting real out here lol

What tha muthafuu-....really?! Screw that, I still need to see True Blood, Game of Thrones, Curb Your Enthusiasm...just to name a few. There's nothing like a Sunday night line-up of great tv, and hell, I enjoy those Sunday night line-ups on Showtime as well. I have both...some of these folks out here are some reeeeal sheep.

laugh.gif
daprofessor
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Mar 19 2013, 02:18 PM) *
I have to translate our post Chi..."Arum will now be the monopoly promoter for HBO". Regardless of how touchy Arum can get with HBO over petty stuff, this is an open invitation for him to run ship.

Now that he pretty much KNOWS that HBO will need him, he almost has the green light to do what he pleases. Regardless of how much I loathe him, when he's good and ready, he puts together some pretty decent cards.

The problem with Goosen and DiBella's promotional companies/fighters, is that they're always on the B-side of things. In their fighters' biggest fights, they've needed to be across the ring from a TR fighter. Besides, when Goosen's fighters have a fight, they usually go under the radar, and we never see much promotion for the fight, until the fight actually happens.

Ward almost landed a showcase bout against Pavlik before it fell apart, and Sergio JUST got the biggest fight of his career, which was couple by the likes of Bob Arum and Chavez. I've seen a few DiBella cards, and most of them can be seen on FNFs, not necessarily premium channels. Dont get me wrong, the fights were god, but it did lack that premium channel quality. As far as I'm concerned, Goosen, DiBella, and Shaw, simply get their fighters tv deals, and don't actually "promote" the guys to their full potential.

What tha muthafuu-....really?! Screw that, I still need to see True Blood, Game of Thrones, Curb Your Enthusiasm...just to name a few. There's nothing like a Sunday night line-up of great tv, and hell, I enjoy those Sunday night line-ups on Showtime as well. I have both...some of these folks out here are some reeeeal sheep.

laugh.gif

treme and game of thrones....other than that...showtime is holding it down on sundays.
daprofessor
ross greenburg is now with showtime!!! laugh.gif this is too damn funny. fuck hbo. fuck arum.
Dolimite
QUOTE (daprofessor @ Mar 19 2013, 10:36 AM) *
treme and game of thrones....other than that...showtime is holding it down on sundays.

Shameless is my shit!
mrchitown
QUOTE (daprofessor @ Mar 19 2013, 04:00 PM) *
ross greenburg is now with showtime!!! laugh.gif this is too damn funny. fuck hbo. fuck arum.

You know who suggested that move don't you? lol
mrchitown
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Mar 19 2013, 12:18 PM) *

laugh.gif

Yup, and HBO will have to sit there and deal with it, TBH, HBO just cut themselves out of a few key and exciting weight divisions. Things over there will look different. I can't wait to see how this all plays out. Now HBO has to kiss a wrinkly old man's ass just to keep fights on their network hahaha

I always thought that Dibella, Shaw, and Goosen had some decent fighters but it's like you said. After they get them TV dates they just fall back and expect us fans to channel surf and find it when it's on.

I was on about 5 different sites and I saw a huge amount of people commenting saying how their switching networks. Then I went on my facebook and saw more of the same comments there. You'd think these people had shares in these companies lol
Jack 1000
UOTE (mrchitown @ Mar 19 2013, 03:09 AM) *

I was actually thinking of dumping Showtime because their movies are so bad. HBO has better movies and shows, HBO is a better service overall. Showtime may have gotten the better boxing deal. But it's the crap on Showtime you have to go through just for boxing. Showtime was great for movies back in the mid 80's-90's. They lost several major movie contracts, and most of their stuff is B-Grade now. The costs are going up, but I get yearly discounts.

Jack
checkleft
Idk about switching. I'll just stream or go to a friends
mrchitown
QUOTE (Jack 1000 @ Mar 19 2013, 09:32 PM) *
I was actually thinking of dumping Showtime because their movies are so bad. HBO has better movies and shows, HBO is a better service overall. Showtime may have gotten the better boxing deal. But it's the crap on Showtime you have to go through just for boxing. Showtime was great for movies back in the mid 80's-90's. They lost several major movie contracts, and most of their stuff is B-Grade now. The costs are going up, but I get yearly discounts.

Jack

I agree, my cable bill is a bit under $200. And I have the big 4, if you can call the other two big lol. I like the shows for HBO but Showtime is coming up. As far as movies I'll watch Starz or Encore, hell..even Cinemax before Showtime. It's messed up but they get everybody else's left overs. Maybe that's why their so invested in boxing now, it's no secret that they need subscribers
Jack 1000
QUOTE (mrchitown @ Mar 20 2013, 12:43 PM) *
I agree, my cable bill is a bit under $200. And I have the big 4, if you can call the other two big lol. I like the shows for HBO but Showtime is coming up. As far as movies I'll watch Starz or Encore, hell..even Cinemax before Showtime. It's messed up but they get everybody else's left overs. Maybe that's why their so invested in boxing now, it's no secret that they need subscribers

I might look at Movie Pass down the round, which has the Encore Channels if I had to drop something, because Movie Pass is half the cost of the other big channels.

Jack
Franchize
I won't be getting rid of HBO. I have all the movie channels and it'll stay that way but I definitely can say Showtime will be my boxing network of choice. I get to watch good boxing with knowledgeable, unbiased commentary? Please and thank you!

BTW, HBO's shows are still far better. I'm not to ashamed to admit I watch the show Girls. That's my shit. It's funny as fuck
sduck
I agree with many people here lol. I always found Showtime to be my least favorite big movie network. I always go for HBO, Max, Starz, Encore, Flix, even others like TMC and Sundance before I stopped at Showtime.
daprofessor
QUOTE (Dolimite @ Mar 19 2013, 07:51 PM) *
Shameless is my shit!

mine too!
daprofessor
QUOTE (mrchitown @ Mar 19 2013, 11:21 PM) *
You know who suggested that move don't you? lol

refresh my memory.
daprofessor
QUOTE (mrchitown @ Mar 19 2013, 11:26 PM) *
Yup, and HBO will have to sit there and deal with it, TBH, HBO just cut themselves out of a few key and exciting weight divisions. Things over there will look different. I can't wait to see how this all plays out. Now HBO has to kiss a wrinkly old man's ass just to keep fights on their network hahaha

I always thought that Dibella, Shaw, and Goosen had some decent fighters but it's like you said. After they get them TV dates they just fall back and expect us fans to channel surf and find it when it's on.

I was on about 5 different sites and I saw a huge amount of people commenting saying how their switching networks. Then I went on my facebook and saw more of the same comments there. You'd think these people had shares in these companies lol

the way i see it...for what i pay for the service, i have some say. laugh.gif
daprofessor
QUOTE (mrchitown @ Mar 20 2013, 01:43 PM) *

the only reason i got cable was for the boxing.
Cshel86
My cable bill is about $140/monthly...so I enjoy my shit to the fullest. laugh.gif

Just because HBO doesn't want to do business with GBP, that doesn't mean squat when it comes to my shows. I HAVE TO watch my True Blood during the summer. Shit, boxing is so fickle and unpredictable nowadays, so I dont lean on it too much, until the first bell rings.

Showtime has some pretty good shows, and I'm almost willing to say that they are nearly even in series competition, but everyone can judge for themselves.
mrchitown
QUOTE (daprofessor @ Mar 25 2013, 03:56 PM) *
refresh my memory.

I'm sure Mayweather had a hand in that...look how quickly his relationship with HBO soured after that, just thinking about it now I'm not all that shocked that he bolted for Showtime/CBS

Remember he would praise HBO when Greenburg was there and even Greenburg himself, as soon as Greenburg was shown the door, Floyd started complaining about the way he was portrayed on 24/7 and then the Merchant incident happened and he's been voicing his displeasure for HBO coincidentally or maybe not since Greenburg left..fast forward to present day and Greenburg is assisting Showtime in some capacity now. Funny how things work out I guess. But let's be real Hershman is definitely a boxing guy but he was always a second class citizen to Greenburg. He just doesn't have what Ross Greenburg has in temrs of compelling boxing content. If this Mayweahter/Greenburg/Showtime situation last long then their definitely going to be putting their feet on HBO's neck
neophyte7
Unless I am mistaken 24/7 was floyd mayweather's idea.. does he get any royalties for his idea from HBO?
scdrking2
Am I the only one who is super pissed Starz cancelled the series Boss?
Cshel86
QUOTE (scdrking2 @ Mar 26 2013, 12:07 AM) *

Cancelled?! Really?! That was a pretty good show, for the few episodes that I actually sat down and watched. What a bummer
daprofessor
QUOTE (mrchitown @ Mar 25 2013, 10:19 PM) *
I'm sure Mayweather had a hand in that...look how quickly his relationship with HBO soured after that, just thinking about it now I'm not all that shocked that he bolted for Showtime/CBS

Remember he would praise HBO when Greenburg was there and even Greenburg himself, as soon as Greenburg was shown the door, Floyd started complaining about the way he was portrayed on 24/7 and then the Merchant incident happened and he's been voicing his displeasure for HBO coincidentally or maybe not since Greenburg left..fast forward to present day and Greenburg is assisting Showtime in some capacity now. Funny how things work out I guess. But let's be real Hershman is definitely a boxing guy but he was always a second class citizen to Greenburg. He just doesn't have what Ross Greenburg has in temrs of compelling boxing content. If this Mayweahter/Greenburg/Showtime situation last long then their definitely going to be putting their feet on HBO's neck

very good points. the only thing missing from hbo was quality match ups and great commentary. they have both at showtime now. greenburg is pretty good at packaging it all. the reason they let him go was because he passed up on pac/mosley. that turned out to be the right decision. laugh.gif
BrutUalBK
QUOTE (mrchitown @ Mar 25 2013, 09:19 PM) *

Well, for certain we know it will atleast last 2 years. RM hinted that FMJr would be out of the ring in 2 years so I speculate that should that be true that Jr will still stand by SHO by giving them numerous fights with his up & coming boxers on the TMT roster.
Plus it is looking more like Broner will be coming over to SHO as well should his date with JLC Jr clash with HBO's schedule and they wind up putting JLC Jr ahead of Adrien.
mrchitown
QUOTE (scdrking2 @ Mar 25 2013, 10:07 PM) *

What? Where did you see hear this?! FML, that was my show....Everything is turning into reality tv and quality shows are hard to come by now
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.