Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Is it true
FightHype Community > BOXING HYPE > Boxing
Pages: 1, 2
BrutUalBK
http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/boxing/boxer...29569--box.html

Is he trying to get out of the fight and save himself from getting whupped??
mgrover
whats more worrying

Peterson Fails Drug Test
checkleft
Ok. See what I mean with this guy? Their saying the gun was on him not his entourage. He hangs out with cholos, his dad always talks about the pen and the barrio (which is funny cause aren't these guys from gilroy??) And then he spits that Christian stuff??

QUOTE (mgrover)
[/u]013, 01:15 PM' post='576501']

whats more worrying

Peterson Fails Drug Test

Smh...
Marcus
This fucking dick head, Robert "The Holy Ghost" Guerrero, Robert "The Glock" Guerrero brings a gun to an airport. But not just to any airport- one in NYC Where a 9/11 attack happened. JFK in the tri-state area where the sandy hook massacre happened. Smfh lmaoo there's not much to say. The situation speaks for itself. If this grown ass 30 year old didn't have the mental capacity to understand that he was making a really asinine decision what makes people think he has the ring IQ to defeat Floyd Mayweather. This fool doesn't even have common sense. Case closed.

As for the Lamont Peterson situation lets not be to quick to jump to conclusions because we don't know the circumstances surrounding the positive test result. I'm certain he wouldn't want to go through the bullshit he went through a year ago that cost him a belt, a year, his integrity, and lots if big money fights. Nowadays positive tests don't always mean a fighter is trying to cheat. Sometimes fighters fall victim to certain situations for example Mickey Bey and Berto. Although last year the circumstances surroubding his positive PEDs results were a bit sketchy it was a health related reason. So lets hold out on Lamont Peterson for now. But there's no denying that the situation it self is a disappointment.
mitukczuk
QUOTE (Marcus @ Mar 28 2013, 02:25 PM) *
Robert "The Glock" Guerrero

+1
Goddamn, you killed me with that one!
scdrking2
God told him to pack that heat, but forgot to tell him how to hide it. God also should have told him you are allowed to declare you weapon and transport it in checked luggage.

scdrking2
Remember what they did from Old Boy from the Giants for shooting himself in the leg. Plus Ghost may have some fed charges stacked on top of state charges.

Does this fight go off and if so, will Ghost be so distracted that it will be non-competitive.
Franchize
I was born and raised in NYC. Their gun laws are no fuckin joke and they don't show any lenience for celebrities. You could literally catch the Superbowl winning TD for their hometown team and get jail time. There's a strong chance he may face some serious jail time.
Marcus
QUOTE (Franchize @ Mar 28 2013, 03:32 PM) *
I was born and raised in NYC. Their gun laws are no fuckin joke and they don't show any lenience for celebrities. You could literally catch the Superbowl winning TD for their hometown team and get jail time. There's a strong chance he may face some serious jail time.

Superbowl? Shit Carmelo could score every single point in every single game of an undefeated season that would bring the NYK to an NBA championship-something thats FOREIGN to us new yorkers- and if he got caught with a clean gun he'd still get no mercy!

Smh Lil Wayne got a year for his gun charge and this is Lil Wayne. Robert Guerrero is not no Lil Wayne and I'm sure he does not have Lil Wayne lawyer fees or Lil Wayne connections. Smh I hope it all goes well for him. But this guy is really stupid...

I hope this Gilroy boy could hold his own in Rikers cause he damn sure aint no A List celebrity.
flazi
peterson was falsely accused, he didn't test positive.
scdrking2
Commentary:

How do the people of NY allow themselves to be robbed of their rights by these draconian gun laws? I would never live there, Illinois or California.
mitukczuk
Man this whole Guerrero situation is getting more and more hilarious as the God quotes are coming biggrin.gif

But seriously..bringing a gun to the NYC airport? I am from the goddamn Czech Republic and even I know that's dumb! I wouldn't even be mad if the ight got called off as the result of it...just to hear Guerrero's excuses.
Marcus
QUOTE (scdrking2 @ Mar 28 2013, 03:47 PM) *
Commentary:

How do the people of NY allow themselves to be robbed of their rights by these draconian gun laws? I would never live there, Illinois or California.

smh NYPD/Bloomberg got us pimped over here man. Take for example the whole occupy wallstreet movement. In NYC harmless civilians were getting treated like felons for simply exercising their right to protest against the corrupt. Shit cigarettes soon won't even be allowed to be displayed in bodegas and 16oz. soft drinks are banned in NYC. Its tough with all these restrictions and fines /taxes over here.

http://www.fighthype.com/news/external/ind...felonies--63834

According to this article Robbie Rob is facing up to four felonies... in NYC shok.gif
With that being said. I really do hope and PRAY that the Holy Ghost is with "The Glock" throughout this ugly situation. Fuck him winning or losing come May 4. Im happy he's getting a payday because he's going to need it... all of it..
daprofessor
robert isn't the first high profile person to get caught with a gun in the airport. maybe his wife mistakenly put it in his carry on? it's legal to have a gun in checked luggage. who knows? dntknw.gif
BrutUalBK
QUOTE (scdrking2 @ Mar 28 2013, 02:47 PM) *
Commentary:

Well then you may as well get ready to move out of the USA and then off the planet because the Elite will have their way and make it so that none of us can rise up against them and their evil plans.
mgrover
QUOTE (flazi @ Mar 28 2013, 07:41 PM) *

nvm

http://insidefights.com/2013/03/28/lamont-...cg-the-culprit/
scdrking2
QUOTE (BrutUalBK @ Mar 28 2013, 03:41 PM) *
Well then you may as well get ready to move out of the USA and then off the planet because the Elite will have their way and make it so that none of us can rise up against them and their evil plans.

I hear you. But this latest round of gun grabbing attempts following Sandy Hook has given me some near term hope. Long term, I believe in the scripture and things will go down. But in the near term, the American public seems to not be buying it and have drawn a line in the sand regarding so called assault weapons and magazine size restrictions, not matter what the mainstream media is pushing. I even have serious misgivings about the poll numbers for background checks. Poll results can be skewed by how the question is asked and the media acts as if background checks are not needed at gun sales. The only people that dont have to do background checks anywhere are those falling under the private sale rules. You have some private sellers at gun shows as well as dealers. The dealers are doing the NICS check at the gun show. Universal background checks would require some form of gun registration. If my father passes away, I would have to turn is gun into authorities to have a background check done to see if I could keep the weapon. The only way they would know is if they were tracking possession/ownership.
scdrking2
QUOTE (Marcus @ Mar 28 2013, 03:01 PM) *
smh NYPD/Bloomberg got us pimped over here man. Take for example the whole occupy wallstreet movement. In NYC harmless civilians were getting treated like felons for simply exercising their right to protest against the corrupt. Shit cigarettes soon won't even be allowed to be displayed in bodegas and 16oz. soft drinks are banned in NYC. Its tough with all these restrictions and fines /taxes over here.

http://www.fighthype.com/news/external/ind...felonies--63834

According to this article Robbie Rob is facing up to four felonies... in NYC shok.gif
With that being said. I really do hope and PRAY that the Holy Ghost is with "The Glock" throughout this ugly situation. Fuck him winning or losing come May 4. Im happy he's getting a payday because he's going to need it... all of it..

I live in St. Louis, across the river from downstate Illinois. The people over there feel like they are hostages to the pols from Chicago that keep the gun laws so restrictive in Illinois. The federal court recently struck down the state ban on concealed carry and the states attorney is refusing to prosecute law abiding citizens caught with a firearm.

http://www.gunsandammo.com/2012/08/24/illi...oncealed-carry/
neophyte7
Now when Mayweather whips his ass he can use the "FACING JAIL TIME" excuse like CORALLES DID!!!
daprofessor
QUOTE (flazi @ Mar 28 2013, 02:41 PM) *

he should consider a lawsuit against ring for defamation of character.
scdrking2
Assuming he is going to do some jail time, do you guys think he will have enough time to get in another fight or two? They could be his last paydays for some time and I am sure he will want to put something to the side.
neophyte7
WITH ALL OF THE recent news REGARDING GUNS... GUERRERO will most definitely BE MADE AN EXAMPLE OF.... I do not see how his is not made to pay a stiff penalty...
scdrking2
QUOTE (neophyte7 @ Mar 28 2013, 04:49 PM) *
WITH ALL OF THE recent news REGARDING GUNS... GUERRERO will most definitely BE MADE AN EXAMPLE OF.... I do not see how his is not made to pay a stiff penalty...

You are probably right. Bloomberg will see to it.
Marcus
No question that Guerreo made an idiotic mistake. However it's just fucked up becayse it's not like he's not licensed. It's not like he's a criminal or like he even has malicious intentions outside of boxing. I'd be surprised if he did. I wish him a slap on the wrist and a hard warning.

But knowing the way things work in my city this guy is facing a vacation at Rikers Island. And when he loses May 4 presuming that the fight carries on it'll just be that much worse when he comes to terms with the fact that God does not favor anyone.

Throughout this hard situation now we will really see if Robert is a devout Christian. His reaction to everything going on around him will speak volumes of his character. I'm rooting for him to get over this hump. But I just hope he himself is humbled by this situation and that he acts with a greater sense of clarity whether it be the things he says or actions he does.
checkleft
QUOTE (Marcus @ Mar 28 2013, 06:04 PM) *
No question that Guerreo made an idiotic mistake. However it's just fucked up becayse it's not like he's not licensed. It's not like he's a criminal or like he even has malicious intentions outside of boxing. I'd be surprised if he did. I wish him a slap on the wrist and a hard warning.

But knowing the way things work in my city this guy is facing a vacation at Rikers Island. And when he loses May 4 presuming that the fight carries on it'll just be that much worse when he comes to terms with the fact that God does not favor anyone.

Throughout this hard situation now we will really see if Robert is a devout Christian. His reaction to everything going on around him will speak volumes of his character. I'm rooting for him to get over this hump. But I just hope he himself is humbled by this situation and that he acts with a greater sense of clarity whether it be the things he says or actions he does.

Kind of ironic after all that talk of Jesus telling him to humble Floyd don't ya think? Maybe the all powerful didn't like how his name was being thrown around lol

Btw I like how my "the holy ghost" comment is sticking!
daprofessor
let's paint a picture here. do we know all the facts? obviously....this guy shows up to new york with the gun....but he gets caught trying to leave with it? is it possible that he was not aware of the gun laws in nyc? is it possible that his gun was in a lock box unloaded? is it possible that the gun is registered to his name? do u think that he would try to conceal the weapon and sneak through airport security? my guess is nyc already got the publicity they sought with a high profile guy (as of late anyway) just to make it look like they're doing their jobs. what would he have to gain by trying to conceal a weapon? dude has millions sitting on the table. he's going to jeopardize that by trying to sneak a weapon on to a plane? it just doesn't make sense. thing about nyc...just like most major cities...they are going to tell the story they want to tell. facts be damned.
daprofessor
QUOTE (Marcus @ Mar 28 2013, 05:04 PM) *

i'm rooting for him too. my guess is he will credit the lord jeebus for straightening this mess out and he will say it loud...."the devil is a liar!!!" mark my words. laugh.gif
daprofessor
QUOTE (checkleft @ Mar 28 2013, 05:49 PM) *
Kind of ironic after all that talk of Jesus telling him to humble Floyd don't ya think? Maybe the all powerful didn't like how his name was being thrown around lol

Btw I like how my "the holy ghost" comment is sticking!

that is a good one! my "profit robert" hasn't even been noticed. sad.gif laugh.gif
Hotsauce
QUOTE (daprofessor @ Mar 28 2013, 06:28 PM) *
let's paint a picture here. do we know all the facts? obviously....this guy shows up to new york with the gun....but he gets caught trying to leave with it? is it possible that he was not aware of the gun laws in nyc? is it possible that his gun was in a lock box unloaded? is it possible that the gun is registered to his name? do u think that he would try to conceal the weapon and sneak through airport security? my guess is nyc already got the publicity they sought with a high profile guy (as of late anyway) just to make it look like they're doing their jobs. what would he have to gain by trying to conceal a weapon? dude has millions sitting on the table. he's going to jeopardize that by trying to sneak a weapon on to a plane? it just doesn't make sense. thing about nyc...just like most major cities...they are going to tell the story they want to tell. facts be damned.

@ the bolded. you can't use that excuse in court. this is new york.
Jack 1000
We have a very stupid "Ghost" here!

Jack
daprofessor
QUOTE (Hotsauce @ Mar 28 2013, 06:37 PM) *
@ the bolded. you can't use that excuse in court. this is new york.

no doubt. ignorance of the law is no excuse. but seriously...i doubt the weapon was loaded. i sure it was registered. how did he get it to nyc? there's not malicious intent here. this should be a slap on the wrist, confiscate the weapon and at most...a misdemeanor offense. now if he had it in his shoe...or in his waist...or in a holster....or between his wife's tits....it might be a different story. laugh.gif
mrchitown
QUOTE (daprofessor @ Mar 28 2013, 06:28 PM) *

It doesn't matter Professor because the gun is registered in Cali and NY has the most strict gun laws in the country. What doesn't make sense is why go to the airport in NY where 9/11 happened with a fuckin gun? IDGAF what the facts are it was dumb for him to even bring the gun with him from VA to NY, if that's actually true. I'm not going to show him any sympathy and I hope the courts don't either because at the end of the day right is right and wrong is wrong. You got a gun with 3 15 mag clips and no permit to carry in the state you were busted in. There is no way to spin that BS. He fucked up and he'll probably pay the price for it
Franchize
Details or no details. Common sense should tell you, after the ridiculous increase in security post 9/11, gun+ airport = bad idea. Do I think he intended to do something malicious? No. But I find it hard to sympathize with someone that stupid. Strict NY gun laws aside, common sense should tell you weapons and airports are a terrible idea. It's like saying bomb on an airplane. It's like Mitt Romney's 47% statement. You just gotta be smarter than that.
neophyte7
QUOTE (scdrking2 @ Mar 28 2013, 05:51 PM) *
You are probably right. Bloomberg will see to it.

Yeah he instrumental to making sure PLEXICO Burres did time...

QUOTE (Franchize @ Mar 28 2013, 09:36 PM) *
Details or no details. Common sense should tell you, after the ridiculous increase in security post 9/11, gun+ airport = bad idea. Do I think he intended to do something malicious? No. But I find it hard to sympathize with someone that stupid. Strict NY gun laws aside, common sense should tell you weapons and airports are a terrible idea. It's like saying bomb on an airplane. It's like Mitt Romney's 47% statement. You just gotta be smarter than that.

Bottom line.. Guns are a hot topic. 2 SAVAGES A Just killed a 2 year old baby in Georgia.. Guerrero just showed that he is a stupid and dumb motherfucker- He should pay some sort of serious price for his stupidity like BURRESS (not as severe) did for being stupid enough to shoot himself. Based on shear ignorance and stupidity he should pay a penalty...
Marcus
And to make it worst this happened in the tri state area where 9/11 and the sandy hook elementary shooting are hot topics. I don't give a fuck about Guerrero's credentials to obtain a firearm, the circumstances behind him getting the gun, or his legal history. He could've been licensed in the state of NY to have that gun and he would still be an idiot to bring a gun to an airport whether he'd get away with it or not. It's COMMON sense. I don't know what's worse Guerrero having the firearm or the yes men around him that failed to raise any concern regarding it. Says a lot about his team. Like I said I'm rotting for Guerrero because at the end if the day he's virtually harmless out side the boxing ring. He did the crime I guess but all things considered I think he should be given a hard warning and a slap on the wrist at most. Prison time won't make him learn anything more than he already has at this point. But unfortunately it's looking like that's on his horizon.

Cshel86
Man some of yall northerners are jumping all over this...do we have any hard evidence here? Lol

I'm almost sure none of this will stick...an unloaded firearm, no ammo, no true intent...hmmm.

No matter how "strict" the law is in certain states, the phrase "Different strokes for different folks" almost always trumps that.

Dolimite
Will they give him time like they did Plexico Burress?
neophyte7
Guerrero is not a member of the so called "dominant society" his ass could pay for this.. nothing very serious but enough to show him that he should pay for his stupidity. also he is a christian hypocrite... talking humbleness.. pure arrogant ignorance led to him making a stupid decision. He is not licensed to have a fire arm in New York. what do you need a gun for? NYC got you shook.. Maybe FLOYD CAN LOAN his broke stupid ass a few armed security guards
checkleft
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Mar 28 2013, 11:09 PM) *
Man some of yall northerners are jumping all over this...do we have any hard evidence here? Lol

I'm almost sure none of this will stick...an unloaded firearm, no ammo, no true intent...hmmm.

No matter how "strict" the law is in certain states, the phrase "Different strokes for different folks" almost always trumps that.

Idk bro this guy looks like he's going for the kill

http://www.boxingscene.com/queens-da-rober...felonies--63834
checkleft
The better question is why the fuck would anyone carry an empty gun around? Doesn't that negate the purpose? Lol its like carrying condoms with holes in them.

mgrover
Well he was the one that informed the officials that he had a gun. So it was most likely an honest mistake. The majority of people on this board are just biased against him because of the Jesus comments
xxxxxx
The fight will still move forword for May 4.
VJones
QUOTE (mrchitown @ Mar 28 2013, 07:55 PM) *
It doesn't matter Professor because the gun is registered in Cali and NY has the most strict gun laws in the country. What doesn't make sense is why go to the airport in NY where 9/11 happened with a fuckin gun? IDGAF what the facts are it was dumb for him to even bring the gun with him from VA to NY, if that's actually true. I'm not going to show him any sympathy and I hope the courts don't either because at the end of the day right is right and wrong is wrong. You got a gun with 3 15 mag clips and no permit to carry in the state you were busted in. There is no way to spin that BS. He fucked up and he'll probably pay the price for it

I'm with you on this one, Chi. Really no way to spin it. Because my mind, just as yours, continues to come back to the question of why did RG need to travel with a gun from state to state in the first place? Who or what is he afraid of?

It's all kinda...weird. But I've watched a few videos of them in camp (sparked by his father), talking all of this "vato this" and "we Guerros do real time" etc. and I'm wondering if these guys aren't drunk on this little bit of fame and having some real lapses of judgement. NYC is not Gilroy.
VJones
QUOTE (xxxxxx @ Mar 29 2013, 12:14 AM) *
The fight will still move forword for May 4.

At the risk of seeming callous...that was my biggest concern, that Robert was gonna mess up our fight party! Lol. I was happy to see the press release from Schaefer, that the fight will go on!
Marcus
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Mar 28 2013, 11:09 PM) *

My guy there's no jumping "the gun" here. Us northerners can speak like this because we know the severity of this situation either through personal experience or exposure to others who've fallen victim to the strict laws especially here in New York.

What more proof do you need? The man is facing four felonies. Whether his gun was loaded or not,whether he has an out of state license or not, whether his intentions were malicious or not, whether it was in a safe box ir not, there's was no denying that he's going away. If he's not licensed IN THE STATE OF NEW YORK he will pay consequences plain and simple. There's no different anything here in New York. That shit don't fly. You do the crime, you do the time. Anything other than that would be unrealistic.
MaxPayne
Why don't we wait and see if this "case" even makes it to a trial and isn't taken care of behind closed doors before we start speculating on how many hours of solitary confinement Robert is likely facing ?

Dolimite
QUOTE (mgrover @ Mar 28 2013, 09:11 PM) *
Well he was the one that informed the officials that he had a gun. So it was most likely an honest mistake. The majority of people on this board are just biased against him because of the Jesus comments

Plexico Burress shooting himself in the foot was a honest mistake! He has more reason to carry a gun in New York than Ghost. Who the hell knows Guerrero in New York?!

QUOTE (MaxPayne @ Mar 29 2013, 03:23 AM) *
Why don't we wait and see if this "case" even makes it to a trial and isn't taken care of behind closed doors before we start speculating on how many hours of solitary confinement Robert is likely facing ?

No one else got that accommodation so I am not giving it to Guerrero! He should of known better and again why does he need a gun? His dad is 31-0 there is your protection! What he did was stupid and he broke the law so guess what, he has to pay for what he did! And I am only saying this because of his holy than thou approach. No one is above scrutiny no one!
Franchize
Loaded or not, I really don't think yall realize how much power the mayor of NYC has. The man circumvented the voting rules and got himself an extra term in office. The man is about to push forward a ban on soda. The dude had the star wide receiver, who caught the game winning catch in the Superbowl, for the home team, arrested and put in jail for 2 years. That motherfucker is Det. Alonzo Harris in NYC lmao. He loves to abuse his power.
mgrover
QUOTE (Dolimite @ Mar 29 2013, 01:06 PM) *
Plexico Burress shooting himself in the foot was a honest mistake! He has more reason to carry a gun in New York than Ghost. Who the hell knows Guerrero in New York?!

No one else got that accommodation so I am not giving it to Guerrero! He should of known better and again why does he need a gun? His dad is 31-0 there is your protection! What he did was stupid and he broke the law so guess what, he has to pay for what he did! And I am only saying this because of his holy than thou approach. No one is above scrutiny no one!

Doesn't matter realistically, am not from the US but am sure they have some piece of paper that states everyone has the right to bear arms? I mean it was an unloaded gun for fucks sake, like I said people are making a big deal out of nothing because they dislike Robert, on this forum I mean, the NYC wants to look like its actually fucking doing something. Personally it seems pretty damn childish by the officials. It was probably his managers job to check the the guns laws but so be it now. If anything this will give the fight more publicity. Mayweathers probably going to come out with some shit like "oh you need a gun to beat me" bullshit and nothing really changes as they go ahead with the fight.

And why is everybody going on about how tough security is at the airport? He told them it was there...
Dolimite
QUOTE (mgrover @ Mar 29 2013, 05:25 AM) *
Doesn't matter realistically, am not from the US but am sure they have some piece of paper that states everyone has the right to bear arms? I mean it was an unloaded gun for fucks sake, like I said people are making a big deal out of nothing because they dislike Robert, on this forum I mean, the NYC wants to look like its actually fucking doing something. Personally it seems pretty damn childish by the officials. It was probably his managers job to check the the guns laws but so be it now. If anything this will give the fight more publicity. Mayweathers probably going to come out with some shit like "oh you need a gun to beat me" bullshit and nothing really changes as they go ahead with the fight.

And why is everybody going on about how tough security is at the airport? He told them it was there...

If this was Mayweather I doubt people would be sympathetic matter of fact they would demand that he be in jail. Its bullshit and here is another reason why I am rooting against Guerrero he is a walking contradiction. Read the link below

http://www.boxingscene.com/guerrero-maywea...-goliath--63856
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.