Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: HBO@10:15PM(ET)/7:15(PT) Rios vs. Alverado II-SPOILERS
FightHype Community > BOXING HYPE > Boxing
Pages: 1, 2, 3
mrchitown
Alvarado got lured back into the same fight as before, he gon get KTFO like last time too
Plah
Ríos up 2-0
mgrover
well maybe i should put a bet one now lol
The Original MrFactor
Rios is on something...
Cshel86
QUOTE (The Original MrFactor @ Mar 30 2013, 11:32 PM) *
Rios is on something...

I wouldnt rule it out my friend...I wouldnt rule it out.
mgrover
QUOTE (The Original MrFactor @ Mar 31 2013, 04:32 AM) *
Rios is on something...

i didnt know PEDs made stronger chins...
BrutUalBK
ROUND-3=ALVO without a doubt!!
Cshel86
That was a CRAZY 3rd round!

I thought Rios was gonna go down!!!

SHIT!
mrchitown
Alvarado hurt Brandon pretty good
mgrover
he again hit him with everything hurt him, but couldnt put him down.
BrutUalBK
ROUND-4=ALVO again!!

Sidenote, obviously I don't agree with Harold on the scoring right now!! What the hell was Lampley talking about Rios' jab when Alvo landed 3/4 in a row.
Cshel86
Alvarado is gonna look like fuckin' Ronald McDonald after the fight is over. His face holds up just about as good as JMM's and Cotto's (sarcasm)

Rios better work, he's getting outworked, but he's moving his head pretty good for a come forward fighter.
The Original MrFactor
QUOTE (mgrover @ Mar 30 2013, 11:33 PM) *

All he throws are power shots non stop. Good thing Alvarado caught him with something on the tops of the head to slow him down. Check his piss though...
Cheesey1
QUOTE (mgrover @ Mar 30 2013, 11:33 PM) *

I know you're being facetious, but for example PCP can, in certain cases, allow a person to take a licking and keep on ticking

Not saying that boxers are out there smoking sherm (cigarettes dipped in liquid PCP), but drugs can increase KO resistance. Nor am I saying that Rios is juicing, but one never knows.
mrchitown
The right hand, whether it's the uppercut or the right hook just touches Rios almost at will
mgrover
QUOTE (The Original MrFactor @ Mar 31 2013, 04:40 AM) *
All he throws are power shots non stop. Good thing Alvarado caught him with something on the tops of the head to slow him down. Check his piss though...

they have done haven't they? in the first fight?
BrutUalBK
ROUND-5=even

LOW BLOW by Rios!! Ouch, that hurt, bad!!
Cshel86
Rios seems a bit more concerned in this one, than he did in the first. He doesn't seem like he can just go in there and beat Alvarado's ass, but there's still time left.

Alvarado's face is shit right now.
mgrover
QUOTE (Cheesey1 @ Mar 31 2013, 04:41 AM) *
I know you're being facetious, but for example PCP can, in certain cases, allow a person to take a licking and keep on ticking

Not saying that boxers are out there smoking sherm (cigarettes dipped in liquid PCP), but drugs can increase KO resistance. Nor am I saying that Rios is juicing, but one never knows.

oh sure but that'd show up in a piss test, then again we have Arum promoting this fight so anything is possible i guess
BrutUalBK
ROUND-6=Rios did more earlier to pull this round
Rios looks stronger likes he wants the Ko in this round, Alvo is pushing his shots looking tired/worse for wear, BR pressuring him and landing harder bodyshots.
Cshel86
Roy Jones is sooooo fuckin' country. laugh.gif

I think Alvarado got the worst of that exchange at the end of the 6th. Rios's hands are still drifting low, but it doesn't mean much because Alvarado is standing right there taking it like a retard.

Rios's corner was speaking Spanish, which tells me that there's some type of urgency on his end.
Cheesey1
QUOTE (mgrover @ Mar 30 2013, 11:45 PM) *
oh sure but that'd show up in a piss test, then again we have Arum promoting this fight so anything is possible i guess

They don't call him the Bobfather for nothing...
mgrover
can anyone hear Roy Jones?? "A left uppercut, followed by a right upper cut, followed by a low blow, thats a very good combination haha"

seems like hes trying to say every fighter should try and throw a low blow lol
Cheesey1
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Mar 30 2013, 11:48 PM) *
Roy Jones is sooooo fuckin' country. laugh.gif

I think Alvarado got the worst of that exchange at the end of the 6th. Rios's hands are still drifting low, but it doesn't mean much because Alvarado is standing right there taking it like a retard.

...and leaning so far forward.
Cshel86
Everything that Rios throws, buckles Mike's little strike anywhere matches for legs.
BrutUalBK
ROUND-7=Alvo by a slim margin in that round
Alvo comes out firing bombs looking like he wants to take BR out but Rios is coming forward still trying to show that he still has the fire!! Alvo hurt him with 2 bodyshots but didn't follow up, BR conned him out of throwing shots, then Rios landed a hard bodyshot but Alvo returns and then they trade. Alvo is getting the better when he sticks then moves.
Cshel86
QUOTE (mgrover @ Mar 30 2013, 11:49 PM) *
can anyone hear Roy Jones?? "A left uppercut, followed by a right upper cut, followed by a low blow, thats a very good combination haha"

seems like hes trying to say every fighter should try and throw a low blow lol

I'm glad that you can interpret what he's saying.

Either I'm drunker than I expect right now, or this dude is just too damn country.
mgrover
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Mar 31 2013, 04:52 AM) *
I'm glad that you can interpret what he's saying.

Either I'm drunker than I expect right now, or this dude is just too damn country.

am just in from a night out and a lot of whiskey haha
BrutUalBK
ROUND-8=All Alvo!!
Alvo throws 2 great shots, one hurt BR to the body but no follow up was immediately initiated by Alvo. So far Alvo is outboxing this round early but BR is hunting him down throwing hard shots. Right hand hurt Rios and another one he has Rios hurt but not setting up his shots, he is still hurting Rios with Rights and lefts, they're both pounding on one another now. Rocked Rios with a left hook, and is outboxing him, good bodyshot by Alvo, he hurt BR again.

Do anyone disagree with me so far???
mgrover
QUOTE (BrutUalBK @ Mar 31 2013, 04:55 AM) *
ROUND-8=All Alvo!!
Alvo throws 2 great shots, one hurt BR to the body but no follow up was immediately initiated by Alvo. So far Alvo is outboxing this round early but BR is hunting him down throwing hard shots. Right hand hurt Rios and another one he has Rios hurt but not setting up his shots, he is still hurting Rios with Rights and lefts, they're both pounding on one another now. Rocked Rios with a left hook, and is outboxing him, good bodyshot by Alvo, he hurt BR again.

nah cant really, spot on assessment.
mrchitown
Alvarado buzzed him again! I don't understand why he doesn't go to the body after he hurts Rios, I don't give a damn how tough Brandon is supposed to be, if your hurt, those body shots will put the finishing touches on any figher
Cshel86
QUOTE (BrutUalBK @ Mar 30 2013, 11:55 PM) *
ROUND-8=All Alvo!!

Nope

The urgency in Rios's corner is telling the story here. No doubt that he kicks Mike's ass damn near at will, but he's getting hit more than he'd like. He looks a bit flabby and uninterested.
Cshel86
QUOTE (mgrover @ Mar 30 2013, 11:53 PM) *
am just in from a night out and a lot of whiskey haha

laugh.gif

QUOTE (mrchitown @ Mar 30 2013, 11:56 PM) *
Alvarado buzzed him again! I don't understand why he doesn't go to the body after he hurts Rios, I don't give a damn how tough Brandon is supposed to be, if your hurt, those body shots will put the finishing touches on any figher

Right

The body work just disappears...as if he gets excited when he hurts Rios and forgets everything. At least he's trying to keep his hands up nowadays.
BrutUalBK
ROUND-9=Alvo's round again!!

Alvo boxing a moving, sticking and using his legs but BR is coming to make a statement, Alvo continues to switch from conventional to SP and he is landing cleanly on BR.

So far Alvo is ahead early.
Rios is till coming; good left hook by Alvo then gets on his bike while blocking and making BR miss.

BR can't find Alvo, the movement is too much.

Good hook by Rio and uppercut, he landed some clean shots but Alvo comes right back; good uppercut by Alvo followed by a right hand, Alvo is getting the better of this fight!!
mrchitown
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Mar 30 2013, 10:58 PM) *
Right

The body work just disappears...as if he gets excited when he hurts Rios and forgets everything. At least he's trying to keep his hands up nowadays.

An achievement in and of itself

And RJJ need to just STHU
Cshel86
QUOTE (mrchitown @ Mar 30 2013, 11:59 PM) *
An achievement in and of itself

And RJJ need to just STHU

Im drunk and RJJ has me rolllin'

LOL
BrutUalBK
ROUND-10=Alvo!!

I'm not sure how much Alvo has in the tank but if he can box the way he did in the 9th then he can pull this off but he has to stay away from Rios this round. Brandon is looking for the KO. I'm still in disagreement with Harold on the scoring. Alvo is winning with movement, switching stances and making Rios miss while still landing his shots and blocking BR's.

Rios is still coming though; Alvo with a 4 punch combo and then gets out of the way, and then lands a 3 piece that went unanswered by BR.

Triple jab by Alvo and BR can't seem to find him unless they get close and Alvo lands 4 unanswered shots to end the round.
Cshel86
QUOTE (BrutUalBK @ Mar 31 2013, 12:03 AM) *
ROUND-10=Alvo!!

I'm not sure how much Alvo has in the tank but if he can box the way he did in the 9th then he can pull this off but he has to stay away from Rios this round. Brandon is looking for the KO. I'm still in disagreement with Harold on the scoring. Alvo is winning with movement, switching stances and making Rios miss while still landing his shots and blocking BR's.

Rios is still coming though; Alvo with a 4 punch combo and then gets out of the way, and then lands a 3 piece that went unanswered by BR.

Triple jab by Alvo and BR can't seem to find him unless they get close and Alvo lands 4 unanswered shots to end the round.

What's your Mavis Beacon score???

You type fast and accurate as shit!

laugh.gif
BrutUalBK
ROUND-11=Alvo early and then Rios comes on so it was relatively even.
Alvo starts off boxing and throws a mean 2 piece that went unanswered by BR and he's picking him off as he comes forward and there is no answers from Rios yet!!

Good bodyshots by Alvo, BR gets a good left and then another 2piece and hurt Alvo a little bit. Good right by Alvo but BR lands a straight right. Rios is coming very hard right now and bringing the pressure, Alvo still trying to box and then move but Rios is getting closer and lands a good uppercut.

Rios is having trouble trying to get him to stand and trade, Rios is losing and trying to land one good bomb. Alvo trying to steal the round.
Cshel86
If it goes to the cards, who wants to bet that Alvarado get robbed?

I guess it all depends on what type of mood Arum is in tonight.
mrchitown
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Mar 30 2013, 11:01 PM) *
Im drunk and RJJ has me rolllin'

LOL

I can barely understand him, the only clear word I hear is He's (inaudible)....son laugh.gif
mgrover
i've started to notice that alvarado is just running now lol
BrutUalBK
ROUND-12=Alvo wins this fight!!
This is the last round and BR needs to get a KO to win it IMHO, all Alvo has to do is stay away and box.

Good right by Rios but Alvo is doing the right thing early by staying away but he isn't simply running but is still firing shots and Rios can't find him. Alvo landing the cleaner blows right now but BR is walking him down looking for the big shot and finish. Alvo is fighting smarter but not allowing BR to land on him with clean shots and he is landing cleaner shots on BR right now.

Alvo is landing and landing while wobbling him with a left hook.
Cshel86
QUOTE (mrchitown @ Mar 31 2013, 12:08 AM) *
I can barely understand him, the only clear word I hear is He's (inaudible)....son laugh.gif

Lmao at "son"!

He's been saying that for the past few fights.

I bet Rios blames Alvarado for leaning and holding.
BrutUalBK
Alvo won so many rounds that I forgot how many i scored for him but it should be a UD for Alvarado!!
Cshel86
QUOTE (mgrover @ Mar 31 2013, 12:11 AM) *
i've started to notice that alvarado is just running now lol

So it appears

PS: Bradley's peeps need to step it up!

Alvarado's peeps stayed out there the whole time, and Alvarado's face looks like ground chuck.
mrchitown
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Mar 30 2013, 11:11 PM) *
Lmao at "son"!

He's been saying that for the past few fights.

I bet Rios blames Alvarado for leaning and holding.

That's his go to phrase lol
I had Alvarado winning, hopefully he don't get cheated
mgrover
am off to bed

peace
BrutUalBK
I did not agree with the judges scorecards at all, especially that 114-113
Plah
7 rounds to 5? Wtf were those judges watching lol
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.