Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: HBO@10:15PM(ET)/7:15(PT) Rios vs. Alverado II-SPOILERS
FightHype Community > BOXING HYPE > Boxing
Pages: 1, 2, 3
Jack 1000
For all the action and post-fight reaction to what could be "World War II" in Rios-Alverado II! Comment on the fight and it's aftermath here!

Jack

Administrator
mgrover
This will be pure war, anyone know what time it'd start for the UK
mitukczuk
QUOTE (mgrover @ Mar 30 2013, 03:59 PM) *
This will be pure war, anyone know what time it'd start for the UK

At about 3:15 am. No way I am staying up that late.....I hate living in Europe sometimes. This fight will be great.
Kratza
Anyone have a link?
Cshel86
QUOTE (Kratza @ Mar 30 2013, 07:18 PM) *
Anyone have a link?

Check your PM
Cshel86
Man, after what Teddy Atlas said last night, I almost changed my prediction of Alvarado by close decision.

Anyhow, he made a great point about Alvarado and his "boxing" skills in the first fight. He made note that Alvarado actually got hurt when he was "boxing". Hmmm....SHIT! That almost killed my prediction, lol.

With that in mind, I'll be a man and let my sack drop, and hold true to my prediction. Reason? IF and only IF Alvarado makes the adjustment that his corner begged for in the first fight, to move to his left after letting off his combinations, then he may have that close decision success that Im predicting.

Alvarado by close decision, with some hard rounds that he creates for himself. I believe it will get hard for him around the 3rd or 4th.

*For some strange reason, I think we'll see Rios on the canvas tonight. Hmm...who knows, maybe it's these margaritas talking to me. cool.gif
Gambit808
Damn, why every weigh-in Rios gotta look like he could pass as a extra in MJ's Thriller video smh. This dude even killing his self just to make 140lbs.. I'll admit I'm a lil shaky picking this guy tonight.
mgrover
Balls of a rhino heart of a lion its rios
mgrover
QUOTE (mitukczuk @ Mar 30 2013, 09:04 PM) *
At about 3:15 am. No way I am staying up that late.....I hate living in Europe sometimes. This fight will be great.

I'll be up, the missus just called it a day on us so roll on BOXINGGG
Cshel86
QUOTE (Gambit808 @ Mar 30 2013, 09:23 PM) *
Damn, why every weigh-in Rios gotta look like he could pass as a extra in MJ's Thriller video smh. This dude even killing his self just to make 140lbs.. I'll admit I'm a lil shaky picking this guy tonight.

laugh.gif

Honestly, both guys looked a bit starched at the weigh-in.

These last-minute replacements (Crawford) hardly fail to impress. I've never seen Crawford, but let's hope that he gives Prescott a fight, and us fans a show. Prescott is known for working against himself and getting tired, but we'll see how he shows up tonight.
Cshel86
QUOTE (mgrover @ Mar 30 2013, 09:31 PM) *
I'll be up, the missus just called it a day on us so roll on BOXINGGG

Lucky bastard!

mgrover
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Mar 31 2013, 02:21 AM) *
Lucky bastard!

haha it ain't so lucky, it's over. but i've got my boxing tonight, tomorrow i have my JD haha
Cshel86
QUOTE (mgrover @ Mar 30 2013, 10:25 PM) *
haha it ain't so lucky, it's over. but i've got my boxing tonight, tomorrow i have my JD haha

Ohhhh...its over. My bad man.

Well...

BOXING it is!!!

laugh.gif

PS: Im wondering why Crawford's handlers put him in with Prescott. It seems to be a bit early for a fight like this. Prescott may have lost a few fights, but he's nowhere near on his way out of the sport. Smh
mgrover
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Mar 31 2013, 02:27 AM) *
Ohhhh...its over. My bad man.

Well...

BOXING it is!!!

laugh.gif

PS: Im wondering why Crawford's handlers put him in with Prescott. It seems to be a bit early for a fight like this. Prescott may have lost a few fights, but he's nowhere near on his way out of the sport. Smh

prescott lost a few fights by some fatal mistakes, but the good thing about some mistakes is that they can be fixed. Especially the Alvarado fight.
Cshel86
QUOTE (mgrover @ Mar 30 2013, 10:28 PM) *
prescott lost a few fights by some fatal mistakes, but the good thing about some mistakes is that they can be fixed. Especially the Alvarado fight.

Indeed he did, and yes, they can be fixed.

Crawford aint scared in there!!!

Decent scrap at a nice pace.
Cshel86
Crawford's jab and movement is giving Prescott trouble...simply limiting him.

Crawford is up a few rounds here...Im a bit surprised.
Cshel86
Prescott's frustrated

They clashed heads in the 5th, and now he's cut.

Me thinks that he's frustrated because he cant impose his offense, but that's just me...who am I? LOL
Plah
Hello all, I think I made it in time. Didn't get to see the GGG KO, was it as spectacular as some people are saying?

I have Ríos by TKO 8 in the main event.
mgrover
He should learn to box a little rather than go head hunting with that right, which he constantly misses.
Cshel86
He counterpunched the hell outta Prescott in the 6th.

Crawford aint no Mike Dallas Jr.

laugh.gif
Cshel86
I could see them giving the 7th round to Prescott as a comparative round. He landed a few shots, though Crawford controlled him most of the round.
mgrover
why is it always, brawler KOs a few people, comes up against a solid boxer, gets dominated, I mean can't they learn to slip the motherfucking jab/
Cshel86
I'd be hardpressed to think that they'll give this fight to Crawford. Though he's winning, I believe Arum can do more with Prescott, so I dont see where Crawford goes from here (image wise).
Cshel86
War in the 10th round!

I love it!

Trade!
aTYpicalTYrant
Crawford has given Prescott a boxing lesson. His mobiliTY has frustrated Prescott all night.
mgrover
QUOTE (aTYpicalTYrant @ Mar 31 2013, 03:00 AM) *
Crawford has given Prescott a boxing lesson. His mobiliTY has frustrated Prescott all night.

lets add cutting off the ring to that list am making on how to beat a slick boxer.
BigFightFan
Having all kinds of issue with my stream. Someone please hook me up
Cshel86
Glenn Throwbridge is a judge in this fight?

Uh ohhh...
mgrover
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Mar 31 2013, 04:03 AM) *
Glenn Throwbridge is a judge in this fight?

Uh ohhh...

atleast nobody was robbed
Cheesey1
QUOTE (Plah @ Mar 30 2013, 10:43 PM) *
Hello all, I think I made it in time. Didn't get to see the GGG KO, was it as spectacular as some people are saying?

I have Ríos by TKO 8 in the main event.

Re. Golovkin/Ishida, yeah, the KO was definitely eye-catching. Ishida's jab was clearly landing in the first, but he just didn't have enough to really affect Golovkin. GGG showed better movement this time around and he's one patient S.o.B., but he isn't invincible.
Plah
Finally a good answer by Nonito.
mgrover
QUOTE (Cheesey1 @ Mar 31 2013, 04:06 AM) *
Re. Golovkin/Ishida, yeah, the KO was definitely eye-catching. Ishida's jab was clearly landing in the first, but he just didn't have enough to really affect Golovkin. GGG showed better movement this time around and he's one patient S.o.B., but he isn't invincible.

he isn't invincible, but want him to fight Chavez and fuck him up some more, but Arum will know better than to rush him against a guy he clearly can't beat, like Martinez.
VJones
Good scrap. Liked what I saw with Crawford. Def one to watch. Alvarado by SD. I think it goes the distance this time.
Cshel86
QUOTE (mgrover @ Mar 30 2013, 11:05 PM) *
atleast nobody was robbed

That's what I was looking for here, lol.

I'm a bit against Donaire/Rigo. Let's be honest, Rigo has what, under 12 fights?! Now, had he had about 20 fights or so, then I wouldn't say anything about it, but damn.

I still know that Donaire will stop Rigo, but sheesh, Rigo should've been fighting once a month, just for this shot.

PS: Why does it sound like RJJ is reading to some kids on Reading Rainbow during this fight plan?
BrutUalBK
Who's gonna do the RBR for the Rios vs Alvarado fight??
Cshel86
QUOTE (BrutUalBK @ Mar 30 2013, 11:11 PM) *
Who's gonna do the RBR for the Rios vs Alvarado fight??

You're in it sir, welcome.
BrutUalBK
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Mar 30 2013, 10:13 PM) *
You're in it sir, welcome.

Ok, did yall see the weights for both of them?? Rios is 161 tonight and Alvarado is 158, these dudes can make SMW if they wanted to.
Cshel86
QUOTE (BrutUalBK @ Mar 30 2013, 11:18 PM) *
Ok, did yall see the weights for both of them?? Rios is 161 tonight and Alvarado is 158, these dudes can make SMW if they wanted to.

They could both be either fight 154 or 160 by the later stages of their careers. Being that they looked starched at the weigh-in, we should see both of them at WW sooner than later.
Cheesey1
QUOTE (mgrover @ Mar 30 2013, 11:10 PM) *
he isn't invincible, but want him to fight Chavez and fuck him up some more, but Arum will know better than to rush him against a guy he clearly can't beat, like Martinez.

I'd watch that, but you're right that Arum won't let it happen. Plus, I think GGG's with GBP, or at least the boxing from Monaco was a GBP thing, or co-promoted by them.
mgrover
am disappointed there's no shoulder roll :/
mrchitown
QUOTE (Cheesey1 @ Mar 30 2013, 10:24 PM) *
I'd watch that, but you're right that Arum won't let it happen. Plus, I think GGG's with GBP, or at least the boxing from Monaco was a GBP thing, or at least co-promoted by them.

GGG is promoted by the Klitschko's
Cshel86
QUOTE (mgrover @ Mar 30 2013, 11:25 PM) *
am disappointed there's no shoulder roll :/

laugh.gif

Seems like Mike is letting Rios back him up. He landed a good combo, but he's allowing himself to be backed up.
mgrover
Round Rios
BrutUalBK
ROUND-1=ALVARADO jabbed well and used movement, Rios landed some clean shot but Alvo came right back. You can call it even but I gave it to Alvo
Cshel86
I cant stop looking at Alvarado's hairline.

Am I the only one???
Cheesey1
QUOTE (mrchitown @ Mar 30 2013, 11:26 PM) *
GGG is promoted by the Klitschko's

Thanks. I guess that the Monaco event was a co-promotion (thought I heard them mention GBP).
mgrover
Alvarado hurt again lol...
BrutUalBK
ROUND-2=RIOS without a doubt!!
Cshel86
What a dumbass!

Just hold Alvarado!

No need to get starched in the 2nd round.
aTYpicalTYrant
Alvarado DID say he was gonna box right? Lol
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.