Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Fight Of The Year
FightHype Community > BOXING HYPE > Boxing
mgrover
I mean lets look at Alvarado Rios II, they slugged it out with some pretty low level boxing going on that most the amateurs know from early days, why don't more technical fights ever get the FOTY. It's always the wars.
Franchize
I totally agree. I have to say, i was only mildly entertained this time around watching Chris Arreola Jr vs Can't get Right aka Rios vs Alvarado lol
checkleft
QUOTE (mgrover @ Mar 31 2013, 10:57 AM) *
I mean lets look at Alvarado Rios II, they slugged it out with some pretty low level boxing going on that most the amateurs know from early days, why don't more technical fights ever get the FOTY. It's always the wars.

Hasn't marquez won a couple? I agree tho. Martinez won one too if I'm not mistaken, the sad part is last night they improved much more than the last time they fought

BTW is it me or was alvarados defense worse than before Haha
daprofessor
QUOTE (Franchize @ Mar 31 2013, 12:05 PM) *
I totally agree. I have to say, i was only mildly entertained this time around watching Chris Arreola Jr vs Can't get Right aka Rios vs Alvarado lol

laugh.gif that's some funny shit!!!
daprofessor
it's like i said before...the people commentating/covering our sport don't know shit about it. they want the rocky movie...but that shit ain't it. i didn't think the first fight was fight of the year...and this one sure in hell ain't either. at this point i'd say bradley/porodnikov is the front runner.
Cshel86
The criteria?!

Just fight 3 out of 4 sub par opponents in a 12 month's time span, and piggy back off of random drug testing that someone else caught a shitload of flack for trying to implement...at least that's how Donaire was crowned FOTY in 2012.
Dolimite
I blame Manny Pacquiao for this!
checkleft
QUOTE (daprofessor @ Mar 31 2013, 08:51 PM) *
it's like i said before...the people commentating/covering our sport don't know shit about it. they want the rocky movie...but that shit ain't it. i didn't think the first fight was fight of the year...and this one sure in hell ain't either. at this point i'd say bradley/porodnikov is the front runner.

Exactly, but I thought this fight was much better then the first. Alvarado improved technically and was adjusting during the fight and rios actually learned how to show some defence.

QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Mar 31 2013, 08:59 PM) *
The criteria?!

Just fight 3 out of 4 sub par opponents in a 12 month's time span, and piggy back off of random drug testing that someone else caught a shitload of flack for trying to implement...at least that's how Donaire was crowned FOTY in 2012.

Someone I can relate to. Donaire should be in a double standard thread
QUOTE (Dolimite @ Mar 31 2013, 10:23 PM) *
I blame Manny Pacquiao for this!

Hahaha wth
Cheesey1

Definitely.
checkleft

I agree. I don't think I've been that excited during a fight since ortiz vs berto
daprofessor
QUOTE (checkleft @ Apr 2 2013, 09:16 AM) *
I agree. I don't think I've been that excited during a fight since ortiz vs berto

i'm glad you brought that fight up! arum insisted on shitting on haymon and golden boy and he specifically mentioned berto by name. berto has been in some really good fights so i'm not sure what the fuck arum is talking about.

berto/collazo
berto/quintana
berto/ortiz
berto/guerrero

all haymon/golden boy fights that delivered on action....so shut the fuck up bob.
sduck
Because most people aren't true fans of boxing, they are fight fans only. They just want to see a scrap and care little to nothing for the technical aspect of it. The same shit goes on in MMA, so it's not Boxing itself at fault.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.