Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Andre Ward Wants JCC Jr.
FightHype Community > BOXING HYPE > Boxing
Dolimite
http://www.boxingscene.com/andre-ward-eyes...showdown--63923

So he does want a pay day and he does want to be a PPV star and he wants recognition. I guess being at the MGM for the Rios and Alvarado fight made him realize that maybe the "little man" was right. He should be getting paid way more than he is and he should be getting big arenas outside of Oak Town. How is Guerrero who is nothing compared to Ward skill wise and people he has fought getting the biggest pay day of his career and getting big time exposure versus Ward? The questions have to be running through Andre's head. Not only that but how is a bum like Chavez Jr. bringing in more bank then an Olympic Gold winner?

As far as the fight goes it is bullshit on its highest level. If he can call JCC Jr. out he better call out Sergio or GGG. Either Ward goes up to Light Heavy weight or he needs to takes fights at a 164 pound catch weight to get some popular names under his belt. Plus his management team is not helping. He needs an image, not so much a asshole one but something that will get the fans asses at his fights. I would not pay to see this fight because JCC Jr. skill is not even close enough to handle Ward now he does have a punchers chance but that is it.
checkleft
Coincidence that mayweather just called him out on his numbers and stuff?

If I'm jcc Jr I would leave the country.
mrchitown
QUOTE (Dolimite @ Mar 31 2013, 09:20 PM) *

So he does want a pay day and he does want to be a PPV star and he wants recognition. I guess being at the MGM for the Rios and Alvarado fight made him realize that maybe the "little man" was right. He should be getting paid way more than he is and he should be getting big arenas outside of Oak Town. How is Guerrero who is nothing compared to Ward skill wise and people he has fought getting the biggest pay day of his career and getting big time exposure versus Ward? The questions have to be running through Andre's head. Not only that but how is a bum like Chavez Jr. bringing in more bank then an Olympic Gold winner?

As far as the fight goes it is bullshit on its highest level. If he can call JCC Jr. out he better call out Sergio or GGG. Either Ward goes up to Light Heavy weight or he needs to takes fights at a 164 pound catch weight to get some popular names under his belt. Plus his management team is not helping. He needs an image, not so much a asshole one but something that will get the fans asses at his fights. I would not pay to see this fight because JCC Jr. skill is not even close enough to handle Ward now he does have a punchers chance but that is it.

Sergio don't want it cuz, nobody on his team want it with Ward either. Ward been tried to get at Maravilla. I like Golovkin and he's going to do some big things but what has he done to warrant a fight with Ward?

And I'd love to see this fight, if JCC jr can get a few W's under his belt at 168, this would be a dream matchup. You need names to build your legacy, Sergio don't want to put his name on the ledger, Golovkin aint big enough. He stands more to gain by beating Chavez jr. TBH, aint nobody in 160, 168, and definitely not 175 touching Andre.
leonthegee
I like Ward and all but wheres the outrage for him to move up? Hes on Floyds level and hes already cleaned out his division. In fact he cleaned it out years ago. Whats keeping him at 168?
The Original MrFactor
I like this attempt by Ward. JCC Jr wont step into the same area code as Ward. Arum aint having it and Sulaiman aint having it. If and this is a big IF, it were to happen, it will be in Mexico and Ward will have to agree to fight with one hand behind his back, plus he'll have to fight a bull prior to entering the ring.
Franchize
As mean spirited as Floyd's comments seemed, maybe there was some method to his madness. I think Ward got the memo, whether it was Floyd's place to be the messenger or not. You don't have to ignore your morals to be a great fighter but you damn sure have to bring something more than skill to get title fights nowadays. Thinking you're just going to walk around as the good mannered family man and guys will come to you will sure nuff' have your career looking like Winky Wright's. A talented guy that nobody wants to fight and they don't have to because he isn't selling enough tickets for that ass whooping to be worth the risk.
Cshel86
QUOTE (Dolimite @ Mar 31 2013, 10:20 PM) *
As far as the fight goes it is bullshit on its highest level. If he can call JCC Jr. out he better call out Sergio or GGG.

So....anything that Floyd does, you praise it and make party plans for it. Now that Ward wants to make some type of money and get the recognition that he truly deserves, it's "bullshit"?!

Fuck Sergio and GGG...neither of those guys truly want to rumble with Ward. I believe we saw it in both of their recent fights, they cant and wont deal with a boxer, that's as physical as Ward.

This fight has "money" and "exposure" written all over it...and it also has "Chavez Sr. vs Taylor" written all over it. If Ward and Mayweather are on the same level skill-wise, then he should be given that same type of respect for fighting whoever, especially if guys are on Floyd's nuts about fighting Guerrero. One would have to agree that this fight sounds better than Ward vs Pavlik.

QUOTE (leonthegee @ Apr 1 2013, 07:22 AM) *
I like Ward and all but wheres the outrage for him to move up? Hes on Floyds level and hes already cleaned out his division. In fact he cleaned it out years ago. Whats keeping him at 168?

If anything, this fight should keep him there in the meantime. It seems like LHW is starting to get itself back together, so it should be good and ready for him when he moves up. There needs to be a some type of "big" fight waiting for him when he moves up, or it will be the same for him, as it was at 168.

QUOTE (The Original MrFactor @ Apr 1 2013, 07:50 AM) *
I like this attempt by Ward. JCC Jr wont step into the same area code as Ward. Arum aint having it and Sulaiman aint having it. If and this is a big IF, it were to happen, it will be in Mexico and Ward will have to agree to fight with one hand behind his back, plus he'll have to fight a bull prior to entering the ring.

laugh.gif

I think that Arum will try to sabotage this one. He'll let Julio get some exposure off of Ward's name (translation: make the public think that Julio is still a good enough threat to face a good boxer), then he'll do away with the fight.

What happened in the 12th round of the Martinez fight, goes to show the public that no matter how much a fighter is in control when fighting Julio, they have to fight for the WHOLE 36 minutes. If Martinez can fall victim to a late rally, then surely Arum will sell it to the public as if Ward can too.
Franchize
I don't think Sergio wants it with Ward. I think Triple G might want it, but I damn sure know he can't handle it lmao GGG is gangsta so I don't think he'll run but I don't think he'll be proud of his decision once it's over.
Cshel86
QUOTE (Franchize @ Apr 1 2013, 09:15 AM) *
I don't think Sergio wants it with Ward. I think Triple G might want it, but I damn sure know he can't handle it lmao GGG is gangsta so I don't think he'll run but I don't think he'll be proud of his decision once it's over.

I love how that dude is willing to fight anybody, or so his team says. Honestly, I believe they're just looking for a big fight too...but you know what they say..."Be careful you ask for, or you may just get it".

As you said, he may not be happy with the decision when its over. At 168, that's a tall order.
BrutUalBK
I so hope and pray that AW gets to beat the brakes of this bum, I never like JLC Sr (I felt he got a few gift decisions, especially the Sweet P fight) and I'm no fan of Jr either.

Please AW do us all a favor and put this overblown hype machine out of boxing for good or at least make him move to LHW or CW where he belongs.
Gambit808
It's hard to say if GGG would take the bait for fighting at 168lbs. for the biggest payday and fight of his career at this point, I think his time for big fights will start late this year into next year, but for now I think their gonna keep building this guy up to be a significant draw which right now he is not.

I think a while ago Sergio already made it clear that he'd fight Ward around 154-160lbs. catch-weight, which Ward himself already made it clear that he'd only go down that far if a fight with Mayweather was Possible.

Me I would like the idea of Ward-Chavez Jr. (as Cshels put it) it reminds me too of a Taylor-Chavez Sr. in a way. Of coarse if Chavez Jr. still takes training lightly, then who's to say that he's ready for anyone between 160lbs. and 168lbs.. I still believe if Chavez trained like a champion, rather than a bum, He'd still be champion. Not sure if I like the idea of him staying with roach though but we'll see what happens.
Cshel86
QUOTE (Gambit808 @ Apr 1 2013, 01:15 PM) *
It's hard to say if GGG would take the bait for fighting at 168lbs. for the biggest payday and fight of his career at this point, I think his time for big fights will start late this year into next year, but for now I think their gonna keep building this guy up to be a significant draw which right now he is not.

I think a while ago Sergio already made it clear that he'd fight Ward around 154-160lbs. catch-weight, which Ward himself already made it clear that he'd only go down that far if a fight with Mayweather was Possible.

Me I would like the idea of Ward-Chavez Jr. (as Cshels put it) it reminds me too of a Taylor-Chavez Sr. in a way. Of coarse if Chavez Jr. still takes training lightly, then who's to say that he's ready for anyone between 160lbs. and 168lbs.. I still believe if Chavez trained like a champion, rather than a bum, He'd still be champion. Not sure if I like the idea of him staying with roach though but we'll see what happens.

Good points!

IF Chavez wants to stay at 160 (which he is finding hard to make nowadays), then he can still make money off of Sergio's leftovers...Macklin and Barker. In fact, he probably make more than Sergio made in those fights.

168 is gonna be a good weight for him. That way, the time that he'd usually spend losing those last 8 lbs, can be put into an actual fight plan. He should be moved carefully at 168 (until he runs into Ward), because those dudes can punch. Lol
Dolimite
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Apr 1 2013, 05:12 AM) *
So....anything that Floyd does, you praise it and make party plans for it. Now that Ward wants to make some type of money and get the recognition that he truly deserves, it's "bullshit"?!

Fuck Sergio and GGG...neither of those guys truly want to rumble with Ward. I believe we saw it in both of their recent fights, they cant and wont deal with a boxer, that's as physical as Ward.

This fight has "money" and "exposure" written all over it...and it also has "Chavez Sr. vs Taylor" written all over it. If Ward and Mayweather are on the same level skill-wise, then he should be given that same type of respect for fighting whoever, especially if guys are on Floyd's nuts about fighting Guerrero. One would have to agree that this fight sounds better than Ward vs Pavlik.

If anything, this fight should keep him there in the meantime. It seems like LHW is starting to get itself back together, so it should be good and ready for him when he moves up. There needs to be a some type of "big" fight waiting for him when he moves up, or it will be the same for him, as it was at 168.

laugh.gif

I think that Arum will try to sabotage this one. He'll let Julio get some exposure off of Ward's name (translation: make the public think that Julio is still a good enough threat to face a good boxer), then he'll do away with the fight.

What happened in the 12th round of the Martinez fight, goes to show the public that no matter how much a fighter is in control when fighting Julio, they have to fight for the WHOLE 36 minutes. If Martinez can fall victim to a late rally, then surely Arum will sell it to the public as if Ward can too.

I am actually commending Ward for finally realizing that he should be capitalizing on his skill set. I am glad he is waking up and realizing that there is a bunch of money to be made and checks to be signed, I am all for that and Floyd has nothing to do with this. Now Floyd did say Andre should be making more money and he is right. But I do not want to see him beat the shit out of JCC Jr. It would be a mismatch on the highest scale, if anything either he should move up or do catch weights at 164 and handle those people willing to meet him there. JCC Jr. is a joke of a fighter and he does not deserve to get in the ring with a great skilled boxer like Ward. I think he can find a bigger name than JCC Jr. But again he is a name and that what he needs to get him at super stardom. But since you did bring up Floyd, he fought Oscar someone that actually had a chance to beat Mayweather so it was a risk, I do not see how JCC Jr. is a risk. But time will tell and again JCC Jr. does have that one punch power. SO who knows what can happen. What challenge could JCC Jr. bring Ward?
Cshel86
QUOTE (Dolimite @ Apr 1 2013, 01:46 PM) *
I am actually commending Ward for finally realizing that he should be capitalizing on his skill set. I am glad he is waking up and realizing that there is a bunch of money to be made and checks to be signed, I am all for that and Floyd has nothing to do with this. Now Floyd did say Andre should be making more money and he is right. But I do not want to see him beat the shit out of JCC Jr. It would be a mismatch on the highest scale, if anything either he should move up or do catch weights at 164 and handle those people willing to meet him there. JCC Jr. is a joke of a fighter and he does not deserve to get in the ring with a great skilled boxer like Ward. I think he can find a bigger name than JCC Jr. But again he is a name and that what he needs to get him at super stardom. But since you did bring up Floyd, he fought Oscar someone that actually had a chance to beat Mayweather so it was a risk, I do not see how JCC Jr. is a risk. But time will tell and again JCC Jr. does have that one punch power. SO who knows what can happen. What challenge could JCC Jr. bring Ward?

Julio is a fighter with a name, and the ability to outlast you, if you let him. Funny how everyone thought he was a bum before facing Martinez, and he almost stopped Martinez in the 12th. What happened in that round, can be used to promote this fight on an "anything can happen" basis.

What challenge did Gatti bring Floyd? None, but that performance of his, did him favors in the long run. What challenge did Diaz bring Pacquiao? None, but Manny's performance along with winning a title in another division, did favors for him. What challenge did Provodnikov bring Bradley (on paper)? None, but their performances did them both favors. What challenge did Maidana bring Alexander? None, but Devon's performance got him back in the running. What challenge did Lopez bring Ortiz (on paper)? None, but Lopez made a name for himself in that fight. What challenge did Garcia bring Khan (on paper)? None, but Garcia made a name for himself in that fight.

I may have given a few bad examples, but you surely get my point because you already mentioned it. The underlying benefits of these fights, aren't always at the forefront, but that's a fighter's main goal in the sport, make a name for themselves, become champion, etc..which all leads to more MONEY. cool.gif
daprofessor
QUOTE (Dolimite @ Mar 31 2013, 09:20 PM) *

it all comes in time....but he realizes now that closed mouths don't get fed. that's why robert is in the situation he is now. ask and you shall receive. while i don't believe ward/chavez will be competitive...there are plenty of chavez backers who believe chavez would have a chance against a boring fighter like ward. the real fight fans know better....but the fighter fans will drive the numbers and get ward paid.

chavez is in his position because his name is julio cesar chavez jr....and he can fight some.
Dolimite
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Apr 1 2013, 10:58 AM) *
Julio is a fighter with a name, and the ability to outlast you, if you let him. Funny how everyone thought he was a bum before facing Martinez, and he almost stopped Martinez in the 12th. What happened in that round, can be used to promote this fight on an "anything can happen" basis.

What challenge did Gatti bring Floyd? None, but that performance of his, did him favors in the long run. What challenge did Diaz bring Pacquiao? None, but Manny's performance along with winning a title in another division, did favors for him. What challenge did Provodnikov bring Bradley (on paper)? None, but their performances did them both favors. What challenge did Maidana bring Alexander? None, but Devon's performance got him back in the running. What challenge did Lopez bring Ortiz (on paper)? None, but Lopez made a name for himself in that fight. What challenge did Garcia bring Khan (on paper)? None, but Garcia made a name for himself in that fight.

I may have given a few bad examples, but you surely get my point because you already mentioned it. The underlying benefits of these fights, aren't always at the forefront, but that's a fighter's main goal in the sport, make a name for themselves, become champion, etc..which all leads to more MONEY. cool.gif

We are both in agreement then, he waxes the shit out of Julio and becomes the man that he should be. I just don't like the fact that it is Julio getting another big payday. Gatti vs. Floyd was like watching someone beat the shit out of a new born puppy, merciless. I get your point. I just do not think Julio deserves another big pay day. As far as his ass kicking he took against Martinez, the 12th round was luck but made for good drama.

You just gave them their PPV view name, "Anything can Happen!" and the only clip that they will show will be from the 12th round against the SM fight. go figure,
Cheesey1
Some truly funny comments on here. JCC Jr. having to leave the country, Ward being forced to fight a bull first and a few others comments. Good stuff.

Every boxer deserves respect, but in the context of upper level pro. boxing, JCC Jr is a bum.
Cshel86
QUOTE (Dolimite @ Apr 1 2013, 05:36 PM) *
We are both in agreement then, he waxes the shit out of Julio and becomes the man that he should be. I just don't like the fact that it is Julio getting another big payday. Gatti vs. Floyd was like watching someone beat the shit out of a new born puppy, merciless. I get your point. I just do not think Julio deserves another big pay day. As far as his ass kicking he took against Martinez, the 12th round was luck but made for good drama.

You just gave them their PPV view name, "Anything can Happen!" and the only clip that they will show will be from the 12th round against the SM fight. go figure,

Sometimes you have to tell me when we're in agreement, because I tend to get carried away for no reason. LOL

Trust me, I have no problem with Julio getting another big payday, and so on. If we had to endure Margarito getting more paydays after what he pulled, then Julio is an angel in that comparison.

I'd be hard pressed to say that the 12th round of Martinez/Chavez was luck. It was combination of Julio knowing that he had to do something quick, coupled by Sergio's mistake of constantly backing straight after exchanges.

That 12th round did more favors for Julio, than a knockout would've done. At this point, he ALMOST stopped a guy who was dominating him, and "almost" in those types of situations, goes a long way in boxing. Imagine if Baldomir had caught Floyd with something in the 12th round of their fight. That's all Baldomir would've had to do to in his career, and it would've taken the edge off of that tactical whoopin' that he took.
daprofessor
QUOTE (Cheesey1 @ Apr 1 2013, 07:02 PM) *
Some truly funny comments on here. JCC Jr. having to leave the country, Ward being forced to fight a bull first and a few others comments. Good stuff.

Every boxer deserves respect, but in the context of upper level pro. boxing, JCC Jr is a bum.

totally disagree with that. jr is world class and proved that when he put martinez on his ass in the 12th.
Cheesey1
QUOTE (daprofessor @ Apr 1 2013, 08:57 PM) *
totally disagree with that. jr is world class and proved that when he put martinez on his ass in the 12th.

To me, that was simply the smaller, faster guy not sticking to his plan and the bigger guy catching him. Mistake by Martinez, not evidence of ability by Chavez Jr. Agree to disagree.
bnoles4life
QUOTE (checkleft @ Mar 31 2013, 09:35 PM) *
Coincidence that mayweather just called him out on his numbers and stuff?

If I'm jcc Jr I would leave the country.

I was thinking the same thing..
daprofessor
QUOTE (Cheesey1 @ Apr 1 2013, 08:07 PM) *
To me, that was simply the smaller, faster guy not sticking to his plan and the bigger guy catching him. Mistake by Martinez, not evidence of ability by Chavez Jr. Agree to disagree.

or...it could be viewed as chavez waking up and realizing he was capable of much more if he just took some chances...but ok. agree to disagree. laugh.gif
neophyte7
Shame on ward for calling out Chavez Jr... that seems like a mercy killing-- Ward needs to go up to 175
Cheesey1
QUOTE (daprofessor @ Apr 1 2013, 10:20 PM) *
or...it could be viewed as chavez waking up and realizing he was capable of much more if he just took some chances...but ok. agree to disagree. laugh.gif

Cool.
Plah

LOL, stop it.
checkleft
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Apr 1 2013, 01:58 PM) *

I hope these are April fools jokes lol.

Na with all due respect I can't give this guy props. He's a cottled light heavyweight that has been taking only god knows what to make a living beating the shit out of guys 20+ lbs smaller than him. Yea he beat some top guys like lee and Rubio but in the Rubio fight he came back dirty in his tests then got off scotch free and in the lee fight he could have killed that kid due to the weight advantage and small size of the ring, before he stopped lee he was getting beat too.

If I had a choice of giving chavez credit for sticking it out until the 12th, or blaming it on the fact that Martinez at 37 had thrown well over a thousand punches fighting on a broken hand a fucked up knee against a overnight light heavyweight while doing his best Tim "YOLO" Bradley impression by fighting in the 12th instead of cruising I would pick the latter.
aTYpicalTYrant
QUOTE (checkleft @ Apr 2 2013, 09:11 AM) *

[b]]If I had a choice of giving chavez credit for sticking it out until the 12th, or blaming it on the fact that Martinez at 37 had thrown well over a thousand punches fighting on a broken hand a fucked up knee against a overnight light heavyweight while doing his best Tim "YOLO" Bradley impression by fighting in the 12th instead of cruising I would pick the latter.[/b

Yo Checkleft is my dude for real!!!!! I literally LOL'd at the damn job. Patients looking at me all crazy n shit! Funniest shit I've heard in a minute. I share the same sentiments as you in reference to JCC Jr. Too. The shit he's doing is not only dangerous to his opponents but also to himself. That gravy train he's been riding off of his dads name will eventually come to a stop. But not quite yet.....
checkleft
QUOTE (aTYpicalTYrant @ Apr 2 2013, 09:21 AM) *
Yo Checkleft is my dude for real!!!!! I literally LOL'd at the damn job. Patients looking at me all crazy n shit!hmm Funniest shit I've heard in a minute. I share the same sentiments as you in reference to JCC Jr. Too. The shit he's doing is not only dangerous to his opponents but also to himself. That gravy train he's been riding off of his dads name will eventually come to a stop. But not quite yet.....

Hahaha I've had a few moments like that too
Cshel86
QUOTE (checkleft @ Apr 2 2013, 09:11 AM) *

Na with all due respect I can't give this guy props. He's a cottled light heavyweight that has been taking only god knows what to make a living beating the shit out of guys 20+ lbs smaller than him. Yea he beat some top guys like lee and Rubio but in the Rubio fight he came back dirty in his tests then got off scotch free and in the lee fight he could have killed that kid due to the weight advantage and small size of the ring, before he stopped lee he was getting beat too.

If I had a choice of giving chavez credit for sticking it out until the 12th, or blaming it on the fact that Martinez at 37 had thrown well over a thousand punches fighting on a broken hand a fucked up knee against a overnight light heavyweight while doing his best Tim "YOLO" Bradley impression by fighting in the 12th instead of cruising I would pick the latter.

At one point, I agreed with some of your points. I believe, after the Rubio fight and going into the Lee fight, Chavez was going to be too much for Sergio at some point of their fight. I was totally against his team skipping out on a drug test, and the manner in which it was handled by officials, if we want to call it being "handled".

People still love Manny, regardless of the suspect stuff that his team does/has done, so I think Julio shouldn't be punished for what his team is allowed to get away with. He's under Arum, Arum has Pacquiao (which is the world's biggest ticket), and Julio is the son of a Mexican legend, which happens to be trained by the "5 time" trainer of the year.

As much as it makes my rib cage hurt to type that last paragraph, all of those factors are sure-as-shit enablers, and we can't necessarily blame Julio for it...it starts from the top. As the Martinez fight, he didn't come into the fight with all of those injuries, so we cant say that that's the reason for his trip to the canvas.

As for Julio's weight, well again, the team that he has, possesses the power to call the shots in negotiations. We see that Lee's team couldn't even get Julio and his team to weigh his gloves after the weigh-in, so that should be a clear indicator that no other team can get Chavez's team to do anything. Remember, this is the SAME team that "blew off" OSDT when brought up for a possible megafight, so having Julio weigh his gloves or not allow him to dehydrate to cruiserweight status, is out of everybody's hands.

Yeah it sucks, but boxing is a dirty business...hasn't it always been? Lol

checkleft
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Apr 2 2013, 09:42 AM) *
At one point, I agreed with some of your points. I believe, after the Rubio fight and going into the Lee fight, Chavez was going to be too much for Sergio at some point of their fight. I was totally against his team skipping out on a drug test, and the manner in which it was handled by officials, if we want to call it being "handled".

People still love Manny, regardless of the suspect stuff that his team does/has done, so I think Julio shouldn't be punished for what his team is allowed to get away with. He's under Arum, Arum has Pacquiao (which is the world's biggest ticket), and Julio is the son of a Mexican legend, which happens to be trained by the "5 time" trainer of the year.

As much as it makes my rib cage hurt to type that last paragraph, all of those factors are sure-as-shit enablers, and we can't necessarily blame Julio for it...it starts from the top. As the Martinez fight, he didn't come into the fight with all of those injuries, so we cant say that that's the reason for his trip to the canvas.

As for Julio's weight, well again, the team that he has, possesses the power to call the shots in negotiations. We see that Lee's team couldn't even get Julio and his team to weigh his gloves after the weigh-in, so that should be a clear indicator that no other team can get Chavez's team to do anything. Remember, this is the SAME team that "blew off" OSDT when brought up for a possible megafight, so having Julio weigh his gloves or not allow him to dehydrate to cruiserweight status, is out of everybody's hands.

Yeah it sucks, but boxing is a dirty business...hasn't it always been? Lol

I guess it just pisses me off that he doesn't really give a shit and thinks he can get away with anything at least manny tries to play it off like he's too nice and stupid to know all the perks he gets. This kid walks around like he deserves everything being fed to him on a silver spoon. It's sad but I can see him doing worse than his dad once he retires, shit maybe even before he calls it quits (in terms of his personal life, money, drug abuse). He's still very raw and very young but he doesn't seem like the type to change but shit, I'm no fortune teller
Marcus
I wouldn't want to see Ward vs Chavez. Thats a stupid fight. Ward would school Chavez. Maybe even KO if he could break through his chin. No one thought Ward would ever KO Dawson and look what happened.

The BobFather would never let this fight happen. If Chavez knew what was best for him he wouldn't take this fight after the lesson he was given by Martinez.

As for Ward's situation he simply is too good to the point where his talent his a curse. Its not that 168 is dry. However the super six tournament already gave us all the fights we wanted to see and there arent really any emerging stars in that weight class. At least the other fighters that competed in the Super 6 had competitive fights against one another to the point where the fights that were made merit rematches. (For example Kessler Froch). However Ward beat everyone in his division decisively to the point where no one really wants to see him fight the same guys again.

I dont think moving up to 175 is the solution at all. We all know Ward can't move down in weight either. That doesn't mean Ward should be put on a shelf on display.

His management team should definitely be marketing him to America getting him news appearances, interviews, making him do charity work. I dont think his team is doing enough for him like Floyd mentioned.

Ward is simply too good for his own good at 168. And his team doesn't understand his value.
Cshel86
QUOTE (checkleft @ Apr 2 2013, 09:52 AM) *
I guess it just pisses me off that he doesn't really give a shit and thinks he can get away with anything at least manny tries to play it off like he's too nice and stupid to know all the perks he gets. This kid walks around like he deserves everything being fed to him on a silver spoon. It's sad but I can see him doing worse than his dad once he retires, shit maybe even before he calls it quits (in terms of his personal life, money, drug abuse). He's still very raw and very young but he doesn't seem like the type to change but shit, I'm no fortune teller

Right

In the midst of a blatant fuckery, would you rather see Julio's stupid smirk, or Manny's silly "I have no idea what's going on with my team" smile? I would much rather decline, but if I had to choose, I'd go with Manny and his voluntary ignorance. Lol

Hopefully he doesn't do worse than his dad, but if you look at it, his dad work waaaay too hard to become what he did (professionally and financially), just to flush it away. As you mentioned, Julio has been fed with a sliver spoon, so I can see him ruining it faster than an average fighter with bad money habits and vices.

QUOTE (Marcus @ Apr 2 2013, 12:14 PM) *
I wouldn't want to see Ward vs Chavez. Thats a stupid fight. Ward would school Chavez. Maybe even KO if he could break through his chin. No one thought Ward would ever KO Dawson and look what happened.

Chilllll Marcus...Ward needs a fight like this!

laugh.gif

I'd much rather the world see me beat the hell outta Chavez, than waste that beating on somebody like Dawson, who the world hardly knows. Lol
Franchize
Ward has earned himself a big pay day/ small challenge fight. I won't blame him one bit if he took this fight and starched this young pup up for a big check.
daprofessor
QUOTE (Plah @ Apr 1 2013, 11:45 PM) *
LOL, stop it.

c'mon man!!! martinez has been on a blazing trail! was kermit cintron not world class when he stopped him? was paul williams not world class when he stopped him? was kelly pavlik not world class when he went 12 with martinez? macklin?

chavez did better than all of those guys. sure he had a size advantage....but he almost stopped martinez.

he didn't damage his knee until the 12th when he got dropped.

jr is legit. diarrhetics and weed don't give u the ability to take and deliver a punch. that kid has those abilities. he was born with that left hook. laugh.gif
daprofessor
QUOTE (checkleft @ Apr 2 2013, 08:11 AM) *

again...weed and diarrhetics don't give u the ability to punch or take punches. i agree...he has been given special treatment because of his name, but i think he proved that he was legit when he fought sergio. he belongs.
mgrover
QUOTE (daprofessor @ Apr 2 2013, 11:26 PM) *
c'mon man!!! martinez has been on a blazing trail! was kermit cintron not world class when he stopped him? was paul williams not world class when he stopped him? was kelly pavlik not world class when he went 12 with martinez? macklin?

chavez did better than all of those guys. sure he had a size advantage....but he almost stopped martinez.

he didn't damage his knee until the 12th when he got dropped.

jr is legit. diarrhetics and weed don't give u the ability to take and deliver a punch. that kid has those abilities. he was born with that left hook. laugh.gif

no but diarrhetics help get him to a weight class he shouldn't be at. I think aside from that one punch he proved he didn't belong for 11 rounds. I really want a rematch to see if he's the same bum that's there under daddys name.
checkleft
QUOTE (daprofessor @ Apr 2 2013, 06:28 PM) *
again...weed and diarrhetics don't give u the ability to punch or take punches. i agree...he has been given special treatment because of his name, but i think he proved that he was legit when he fought sergio. he belongs.

It's inhumane to have a man with a 20 pound advantage pounding a twig like lee or Rubio for 12 rounds or however long they last especially with the style of fighting chavez has.
QUOTE (mgrover @ Apr 2 2013, 07:34 PM) *
no but diarrhetics help get him to a weight class he shouldn't be at. I think aside from that one punch he proved he didn't belong for 11 rounds. I really want a rematch to see if he's the same bum that's there under daddys name.

+1

Diarrhetics can also help you cycle PEDs which a big reason why they aren't allowed. I've also heard weed can help you mask the effects but i don't know if that's true.

Choosing to trade the last round is the only mistake Martinez made and if it means a rematch and a loss the next time around he only has himself to blame. Some people (Bradley, Martinez both) like to learn the hard way
daprofessor
ok...u guys have a point about the diurrhetics.

i still think the kid is tough and can fight. his father didn't win all those fights for him....and they definitely didn't happen by accident. i will say i thought he lost both fights to molina.
mrchitown
Supposedly, JCC jr came out and said to the media that he wants to fight GGG or Ward before a rematch with Martinez
checkleft
QUOTE (mrchitown @ Apr 3 2013, 10:02 PM) *
Supposedly, JCC jr came out and said to the media that he wants to fight GGG or Ward before a rematch with Martinez

http://www.boxingscene.com/chavez-jr-prefe...martinez--64025

Interesting. Maybe losing his 0 was a good thing, I would not mind seeing him fight golovkin at all.
mrchitown
QUOTE (checkleft @ Apr 3 2013, 11:30 PM) *
http://www.boxingscene.com/chavez-jr-prefe...martinez--64025

Interesting. Maybe losing his 0 was a good thing, I would not mind seeing him fight golovkin at all.

I agree, seems like he's ready to go all out. I aint mad at him for that
Dolimite
QUOTE (mrchitown @ Apr 3 2013, 10:31 PM) *
I agree, seems like he's ready to go all out. I aint mad at him for that

Its a money fight, he will probably get his ass waxed again. He has no boxing skill and his foot work and head movement are terrible. He comes straight forward. Good luck Jr. he will need one punch to lay him out.
Cshel86
QUOTE (Dolimite @ Apr 4 2013, 06:16 AM) *
Its a money fight, he will probably get his ass waxed again. He has no boxing skill and his foot work and head movement are terrible. He comes straight forward. Good luck Jr. he will need one punch to lay him out.

Sorry, but I just cant agree with this assessment of Julio. He does just about all of the things that his father did in the ring. The footwork, may not be all that great when trying to cut off the ring against fast fighters, but his head movement is underrated...he just uses it when it's too late.
Dolimite
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Apr 4 2013, 04:45 AM) *
Sorry, but I just cant agree with this assessment of Julio. He does just about all of the things that his father did in the ring. The footwork, may not be all that great when trying to cut off the ring against fast fighters, but his head movement is underrated...he just uses it when it's too late.

That's cool, but that is just he doesn't know when to use his head movement so therefore he has no idea what the hell he is doing. His father wasn't a lazy fighter his son is. JCC Jr. wants a payday but we can disagree.
checkleft
QUOTE (Dolimite @ Apr 4 2013, 06:16 AM) *

Let's not forget ward had trouble with bika. And the golovkin fight has war written all over it,golovkin will not be bigger than chavez and he might not even have the heavier hands. Funny tho cause ever since sergio asked for more testing after the fight it has made Jr think twice about a rematch. Or maybe he rewatched the fight and figures that the guy beat him handily and its time to move on
mrchitown
QUOTE (Dolimite @ Apr 4 2013, 05:16 AM) *

Ward will have a career best performance against Chavez jr if they fight
Musashi100
i don't like this fight, to predictable in my eyes. Ward will box the breaks off JR, it will be clean sweep. i think ward needs to call out martinez, pull that n*gga hoe card out because im tired of the excuses about how martinez ain't big enough, that's bullshit. i just saw a report about how him and Martin Murray are 170lb each for the 30 weight limit. lou debella don't want to cash him out in less it mayweather.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.