Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Which Fighters Do You Dislike
FightHype Community > BOXING HYPE > Boxing
mgrover
Chavez Jr - Pulls a lot of dirty tricks, re hydrates a lot, has the WBC sucking his dick and is only there because of his fathers name.

Victor Ortiz - I actually didn't mind him at first, but realistically I don't like him inside and outside the ring for lack of heart, and sure people say you can't not have heart and be a boxer, but somehow Ortiz has pulled it off.

Margarito - Self explanatory, while I certainly don't like Cotto, no man deserves that.

Mayweather - In the ring I can't fault the guy, outta the ring he has a tendency to do stuff to annoy me.

Pac - Outta the ring when he doesn't speak up at times makes me go WTF dude as his fan.

Bradley - People can say what they like, and in the ring against 'Rocky' he displayed the heart of a lion, but I still don't like the dude bragging as if he beat Pac by a large margin and it was a piece of cake, while I want to see a rematch, I think his chin has been comprised Roy Jones Jr style. I hope am wrong.

Canelo - FUCK HIM, how can this motherfucker sleep at night I don't know, I wonder how can he look himself in the mirror and say I am the best 154lber when he's never fought one? I mean it's alright to do it out of confidence but he says it as if he's achieved something.

Shane Mosley - The PEDs son, the PEDs...

David The LieMaker Haye - Wasted money on his PPV with Wlad, I hope he chokes on the food the money buys him.

Tyson Fury - Mans a fool and has fought nobody of any real worth aside from Chisora and Johnson, probably came out with the best line of his career the other day "I hit him, he hits the floor, I hit New York"

Any Fighter Given A Gift - and then comes out all cocky insteading of shutting the fuck up or admitting it was a gift
bnoles4life
QUOTE (mgrover @ Apr 2 2013, 07:04 PM) *
Chavez Jr - Pulls a lot of dirty tricks, re hydrates a lot, has the WBC sucking his dick and is only there because of his fathers name.

Victor Ortiz - I actually didn't mind him at first, but realistically I don't like him inside and outside the ring for lack of heart, and sure people say you can't not have heart and be a boxer, but somehow Ortiz has pulled it off.

Margarito - Self explanatory, while I certainly don't like Cotto, no man deserves that.

Mayweather - In the ring I can't fault the guy, outta the ring he has a tendency to do stuff to annoy me.

Pac - Outta the ring when he doesn't speak up at times makes me go WTF dude as his fan.

Bradley - People can say what they like, and in the ring against 'Rocky' he displayed the heart of a lion, but I still don't like the dude bragging as if he beat Pac by a large margin and it was a piece of cake, while I want to see a rematch, I think his chin has been comprised Roy Jones Jr style. I hope am wrong.

Canelo - FUCK HIM, how can this motherfucker sleep at night I don't know, I wonder how can he look himself in the mirror and say I am the best 154lber when he's never fought one? I mean it's alright to do it out of confidence but he says it as if he's achieved something.

Shane Mosley - The PEDs son, the PEDs...

David The LieMaker Haye - Wasted money on his PPV with Wlad, I hope he chokes on the food the money buys him.

Tyson Fury - Mans a fool and has fought nobody of any real worth aside from Chisora and Johnson, probably came out with the best line of his career the other day "I hit him, he hits the floor, I hit New York"

Any Fighter Given A Gift - and then comes out all cocky insteading of shutting the fuck up or admitting it was a gift

Dayum!!! MG wasted NO time on this one!!!
mrchitown
Tellem why you mad son LOL
checkleft
QUOTE (mrchitown @ Apr 2 2013, 09:05 PM) *
Tellem why you mad son LOL

Lol!

Margs- he's a Fucking cheater and he knows it but acts like he's innocent. He ruined cotto, cotto could have beaten him by decision without loaded gloves and his chin would have never been cracked. Sky was the limit for cotto back then

Mares- tho I respect that he fights absolutely everyone the guys a cheater plain and simple

Guerrero- same reason as mares

Donaire! - the guy is Fucking annoying now, all this shit about being the best and obvious talent and skill but still no good opponents? And then nothing but excuses when he doesn't look good Smh

Cintron- so much potential, and that fight with Martinez was beyond a robbery. It was a punch bro he just hits really Fucking hard

Chavez Jr- I think mg covered that

Cshel86
QUOTE (bnoles4life @ Apr 2 2013, 08:42 PM) *
Dayum!!! MG wasted...

There you go B...I fixed it for ya...

Story of this thread

laugh.gif

Tell 'em how you feel MG!!!
mrchitown
QUOTE (checkleft @ Apr 2 2013, 08:17 PM) *
Lol!

Margs- he's a Fucking cheater and he knows it but acts like he's innocent. He ruined cotto, cotto could have beaten him by decision without loaded gloves and his chin would have never been cracked. Sky was the limit for cotto back then

Mares- tho I respect that he fights absolutely everyone the guys a cheater plain and simple

Guerrero- same reason as mares

Donaire! - the guy is Fucking annoying now, all this shit about being the best and obvious talent and skill but still no good opponents? And then nothing but excuses when he doesn't look good Smh

Cintron- so much potential, and that fight with Martinez was beyond a robbery. It was a punch bro he just hits really Fucking hard

Chavez Jr- I think mg covered that

Good list, I agree with yours and MG's list for the most part. I like Mares, sometimes I do wonder if those low blows are intentional. JCC jr, he is frustrating because he doesn't take boxing seriously

Yeaaah, Donaire is annoying. He should just fight and STFU, no interviews just fight and leave the arena laugh.gif

The 2 fighters who I'll throw out there..one I like and the other I just can't bring myself to like him.. Froch, I like Froch, he'll fight anybody..definite warrior in the sport and exciting to watch. What he did to Bute's over-rated ass made me even more of a fan. But let's not pretend that he's not full of shit. I'm all for trash talk but his brand of trash talk is just annoying as f*ck.

The other is Evander Holyfield. I bring his name up because I'm a massive Tyson fan and the fact that people give this clown credit for 2 victories when it's very much known that he was roided up is beyond belief. He acts all holier then thou and has kids in about 20 different area codes lol. I respect him and what he gave inside the ring but the things he said and done don't matchup. I think he's the dirtiest HW fighter I've had to watch..Tyson did have a point, Dude? Your 6'2, why is your head constantly coming up under mine? He was not only a roider but a dirty fighter, hell Bowe even complained about that. In light of the things we know about him now, I'm not that big a fan of Holyfield
bnoles4life
QUOTE (mrchitown @ Apr 2 2013, 11:57 PM) *
Good list, I agree with yours and MG's list for the most part. I like Mares, sometimes I do wonder if those low blows are intentional. JCC jr, he is frustrating because he doesn't take boxing seriously

Yeaaah, Donaire is annoying. He should just fight and STFU, no interviews just fight and leave the arena laugh.gif

The 2 fighters who I'll throw out there..one I like and the other I just can't bring myself to like him.. Froch, I like Froch, he'll fight anybody..definite warrior in the sport and exciting to watch. What he did to Bute's over-rated ass made me even more of a fan. But let's not pretend that he's not full of shit. I'm all for trash talk but his brand of trash talk is just annoying as f*ck.

The other is Evander Holyfield. I bring his name up because I'm a massive Tyson fan and the fact that people give this clown credit for 2 victories when it's very much known that he was roided up is beyond belief. He acts all holier then thou and has kids in about 20 different area codes lol. I respect him and what he gave inside the ring but the things he said and done don't matchup. I think he's the dirtiest HW fighter I've had to watch..Tyson did have a point, Dude? Your 6'2, why is your head constantly coming up under mine? He was not only a roider but a dirty fighter, hell Bowe even complained about that. In light of the things we know about him now, I'm not that big a fan of Holyfield

Gospel
Franchize
Guerrero- He skipped to dinner without "finishing his breakfast." In other words, he talked himself into the biggest fight in the sport yet he bypassed quite a few quality fights against people who have bigger names than him. Then, I feel he pulls the "holier than thou" crap Holyfield used to do. I have no problems with a fighter paying homage to God but don't act like God somehow like's you and hates your opponent.

Pacquiao- I don't dislike HIM. I hate the people around him and I hate that he sat idly by and let boxing become all about Mayweather supposedly ducking him. I also hate that he got a pass for being incredibly shady in terms of PEDs. I have a strange feeling, shortly after he retires, we'll see some sort of Lance Armstrong confession.

Margarito- committed the ultimate sin. He not only cheated but he cheated in one of the dirtiest ways possible in a sport that probably has the longest effects on its participants.

Judah- SMH. I like Zab but his lack of discipline pisses me off. I've said this countless other times. He's a typical Brooklyn fighter. Tons of skill but he's a hot head with no discipline. Skill wise, he's up there with some of the best in the sport. He just cannot keep his composure in adversity both in and out of the ring.

Cloud- one of the most overrated fighters in the past 10 years. I just look at him and say...."what the fuck does everyone see in this dude?"

Alexander- Whenever he talks, whenever he fights, whenever Kevin Cunningham talks...I always want to yell at my TV "shut the fuck up!"

Bradley- I grew a lot of respect for him recently but I still don't like the guy. I thought he was going to be the Top Prank fighter to take a stand against Arum, then I see his ass looking like a puppet at the Rios/Alvarado post fight presser.

Ortiz- Dude...go to hell. He did the 2 worst things you can do in a sport. Cheat and Quit. Furthermore, he never takes ownership for his shortcomings. It's always someone else's fault.

daprofessor
this thread should be named "haters ball 2013" laugh.gif
mgrover
Khan - what a prick
Cshel86
Man, yall are mean as hell! laugh.gif

Khan - I'm not even sure about Khan some days, maybe he's just an overall cunt. Just when I start to like him, one of his fights take an unexpected turn (he loses), then he goes right back into douche mode. He bitched soooo hard after the Peterson loss, it was unbearable.

After the Garcia loss, you'd think that the stoppage was gonna shut him up, but noooo, he commenced to his usual douchebag ways. I mean seriously dude, you got knocked around the ring like a sock puppet, and you still found a reason to bitch about your loss as if it was Garcia's fault?

Canelo - do I really need to explain for the millionth time?

Cintron - somebody had him on their list, and their reasons were oh-so valid. Dude had all of the potential in the world, but found every way to fuck up his own fights. I still dont understand that guy...I really dont.

Bill Dib - Dude sucks ass, period. He was being pumped up as this great fighter, and his last outing just let the air out of the balloon.

Andre Dirrell - I just don't like him because he pissed his career away, period.

Mike Dallas Jr. - That dude fought so scary in the Matthysse round, I cant even call it a fight, it was merely a round.

Ryan Rhodes - I just don't like his name

Hasim Rahman - Why is Rahman even still around? His desire to lose weight for fights, died peacefully in it's sleep years ago. Dude was as fat as my uncle Steve in his last fight...didn't even take his shirt off at the weigh-in, which lets you know that doesn't give a damn anymore.
Dolimite
Berto- Fuckin waste of a good Haitian!

Khan- Talks so much shit and get pounded by an unknown

Victor Ortiz: Because he is on dancing with the stars and he is asking a rematch with Floyd and he is a bitch

Saul Alvarez- I never known a boxer with a big ego that has never fought anyone in their weight class and the fact he is made demands to the top dog in the game! WTF!

Oscar De La Hoya- For pretending to be a good wholesome dude when he in fact had a coke habit and a cross dressing fetish. Plus he never won the big fights

Buster Douglass- Nothing against him personally but he did beat Mike Tyson so screw him!

Oliver McCall- There is no crying in BOXING!

Mickey Ward- For letting that bitch ass punk Mark Walburg play you in The Fighter

Prince Nasim- For walking away too early, the game misses you!

Manny Pacquiao- The innocent image and he fights for his people and not for money bullshit turned me off because when the truth came out he was on the wrong side of the aisle

Antonio Tarver- For starring in that dumb ass Rockey movie and losing focus! Asshole!

And Finally

Larry Merchant- I know his old ass never laced them up but the way he talks about boxers you would think this guy was a world champion in 6 divisions!
checkleft
QUOTE (Dolimite @ Apr 3 2013, 11:30 PM) *
Berto- Fuckin waste of a good Haitian!

Khan- Talks so much shit and get pounded by an unknown

Victor Ortiz: Because he is on dancing with the stars and he is asking a rematch with Floyd and he is a bitch

Saul Alvarez- I never known a boxer with a big ego that has never fought anyone in their weight class and the fact he is made demands to the top dog in the game! WTF!

Oscar De La Hoya- For pretending to be a good wholesome dude when he in fact had a coke habit and a cross dressing fetish. Plus he never won the big fights

Buster Douglass- Nothing against him personally but he did beat Mike Tyson so screw him!

Oliver McCall- There is no crying in BOXING!

[b[Mickey Ward- For letting that bitch ass punk Mark Walburg play you in The Fighter[/b]

Prince Nasim- For walking away too early, the game misses you!

Manny Pacquiao- The innocent image and he fights for his people and not for money bullshit turned me off because when the truth came out he was on the wrong side of the aisle

Tarvis- For staring in that dumb ass Rockey movie and losing focus! Asshole!

And Finally

Larry Merchant- I know his old ass never laced them up but the way he talks about boxers you would think this guy was a world champion in 6 divisions!

What?

mrchitown
Dolimite..why you got beef with Mark Wahlberg lol
Dolimite
QUOTE (mrchitown @ Apr 3 2013, 10:34 PM) *

Marky Mark and the Funky Bunch. Need I say more?
daprofessor
i don't dislike a single fighter...but dolimite inspired me to make a list!

1. sylvester stallone...for stealing real fighters stories and making some bullshit ass movies and never actually learning how to box you piece of shit muthafucka!!!

2. the assholes that voted stallone into the hall of fame you stupid dumb muhfuckas!!!

3. mark wahlberg for trying to impersonate a real fighter. you suck.

4. jim lampley...for being a pompous prick know-it-all who doesn't know jack shit about boxing and isn't worthy of holding a spit bucket.

5. compu-box...u blind muthafuckas don't have a clue about boxing and weaseled your way ringside for all the major fights. piece of shit mf'ers are about as useful as tits on a bull.

6. larry merchant...for following boxing for all of these years and still don't know shit...pompous, disrespectful piece of shit prick.

7. harold lederman...for being the house judge and constantly getting it wrong...and for producing your daughter who does the exact same thing. the apple doesn't fall far from the tree.

8. max kellerman....for trying to follow in larry merchants footsteps. no one is there to see u asshole. it's all about the fighters. shut the fuck up.

9. bob arum. no explanation needed.

10. all the internet/hack journalist disguising as ppl who cover my beloved sport but they're shills or pens for hire trying to push some crooked ass lame promoters agenda. die muhfuckas!!! die!!!
Jack 1000
MY LIST

Mayweather- Respect the guys accomplishments and boxing ability, but he is still one of the most hated fighters just because of the things he does outside the ring. MY PREDICTION RIGHT HERE GUYS: IF FLOYD MAYWEATHER IS EVER KNOCKED OUT COLD THAT PICTURE OF WHOEVER DOES IT TO HIM WILL BE MORE POPULAR THAN ALI STANDING OF LISTON IN THE FAMOUS "PHANTOM PUNCH" NON-FIGHT!

Judah- OK that he turned his life around to some extent, but what he did in the Tszyu throwing a chair and raising a fist to Jay Nady's throat. You don't do shit like that, EVER! And how about the brawl that initiated in the 10th round in the Mayweather fight, which was undeserved in the first place because Balidi,ar was the real champion. He didn't pay the sanctioning fee to the IBF, so they just said Mayweather-Judah was for the IBF title. The IBF keeps giving this guy chance after chance. I wish someone would beat him well enough to just go away.

Hopkins- Another guy whom you got to respect as one of the best fighters to be this competitive at his age. Will will probably never see anything like that again. I don't like the fact that Hopkins is such a bitter man when he doesn't get his way. Delahoya and he playing "Paddy-Cake" and than Oscar gets KO'd on a suspect body shot. Three days later, some shit happens and they are all "Goody Goody" business partners. Now he often resports to dirty fighting and often plays the race card when he doesn't get his way.

Chavez Jr-
Just living off his fathers name and the WBC's blessing of being Jose Suliman's Godson. The powers that be look the other way, just because he is the "Son of a Legend." As a person, he seems like a nice guy who may party too much. It's more how politics protect him that make me want to see him lose for good.

Holyfield- I think he was the first fighter to Roid up that people don't know about. I don't like him because he acts all minister and holy-like, but how many kids and woman has he shacked aroound? I used to think the head-butting was sour grapes from Tyson, still no excuse for Tyson biting his ears that night. Mike could have found another way to foul. Other opponents claimed post-Tyson that Holyfield used his head. Hassim Rahman in their fight looked like he was going to have a creature come out of his skull like in the Alien movies with that lump on his head all courtesy of an "Unholyfield" "Headbut." He also acts like the decision in the first Lewis fight was fair! I lost all respect for him.

Sugar Ray Leonard
- Great boxer and master technician who could do it all in the ring, but I never like him, or the way the world went "Ga-Ga" over him. Listening to Cosell rave about this guy was just as bad as Lamply making love to any current HBO contracted fighter! LOL! Yes, I still think he beat Hagler 115-113 or 7-5 everytime I watch.

Nassim Hamed:
Exciting for his power, but really stylistically like Hector Camacho Sr. whom I couldn't stand. I don't like the pomp and circumstance of waiting 20 minutes for the star to show home movies while the opponent waits in the ring. Yes, what happend to Hector was certainly a tragedy and I am sad for that. Hamed at least could punch. However I was more than happy when Barrera beat him soundly

Hector Camacho Sr:
No punch, but felt the same way about him when he fought. Since the controversal Split decision win to Rosario, Hector ran to survive against top fighters, no longer trying to win when he realized he was being over-worked, than acted like he was "Hot Shit" before a fight.

Jack
mrchitown
QUOTE (mrchitown @ Apr 4 2013, 12:34 AM) *

I guess not you and professor going HAM on the guy, I guess yall not interested in a sequel to that movie laugh.gif
sduck
I don't hate any fighter. There may be some fighters that I dislike, usually for things they do in the ring, like lack of skill, but no one I particularly single out and hate.
daprofessor
QUOTE (mrchitown @ Apr 4 2013, 05:48 PM) *
I guess not you and professor going HAM on the guy, I guess yall not interested in a sequel to that movie laugh.gif

they got it wrong in the first movie. it was supposed to be about mickey ward! wtf happened!? laugh.gif also...you're playing a boxer in a movie. LEARN HOW TO BOX!!!! he looked like shit in that movie and did mickey ward a disservice.
Dolimite
QUOTE (daprofessor @ Apr 4 2013, 01:19 PM) *
i don't dislike a single fighter...but dolimite inspired me to make a list!

1. sylvester stallone...for stealing real fighters stories and making some bullshit ass movies and never actually learning how to box you piece of shit muthafucka!!!

2. the assholes that voted stallone into the hall of fame you stupid dumb muhfuckas!!!

3. mark wahlberg for trying to impersonate a real fighter. you suck.

4. jim lampley...for being a pompous prick know-it-all who doesn't know jack shit about boxing and isn't worthy of holding a spit bucket.

5. compu-box...u blind muthafuckas don't have a clue about boxing and weaseled your way ringside for all the major fights. piece of shit mf'ers are about as useful as tits on a bull.

6. larry merchant...for following boxing for all of these years and still don't know shit...pompous, disrespectful piece of shit prick.

7. harold lederman...for being the house judge and constantly getting it wrong...and for producing your daughter who does the exact same thing. the apple doesn't fall far from the tree.

8. max kellerman....for trying to follow in larry merchants footsteps. no one is there to see u asshole. it's all about the fighters. shut the fuck up.

9. bob arum. no explanation needed.

10. all the internet/hack journalist disguising as ppl who cover my beloved sport but they're shills or pens for hire trying to push some crooked ass lame promoters agenda. die muhfuckas!!! die!!!

Dude I am honored I can inspire greatness!

QUOTE (mrchitown @ Apr 4 2013, 02:48 PM) *

I hate that dude! He can't act and he plays the same damn roles. I can't stand that guy!
daprofessor
QUOTE (daprofessor @ Apr 4 2013, 07:25 PM) *
they got it wrong in the first movie. it was supposed to be about mickey ward! wtf happened!? laugh.gif also...you're playing a boxer in a movie. LEARN HOW TO BOX!!!! he looked like shit in that movie and did mickey ward a disservice.

can you believe wahlberg claimed he trained 3 yrs for that role!? laugh.gif i thought that was the most pathetic shit ever. supposedly he trained with freddie. i'm not buying it. he may have went to the gym a few times over a 3 yr span...but no way in hell did he dedicate himself to learning how to box.
daprofessor
QUOTE (Dolimite @ Apr 4 2013, 07:34 PM) *
Dude I am honored I can inspire greatness!

I hate that dude! He can't act and he plays the same damn roles. I can't stand that guy!

laugh.gif thanks for the inspiration!
daprofessor
QUOTE (daprofessor @ Apr 4 2013, 07:49 PM) *
can you believe wahlberg claimed he trained 3 yrs for that role!? laugh.gif i thought that was the most pathetic shit ever. supposedly he trained with freddie. i'm not buying it. he may have went to the gym a few times over a 3 yr span...but no way in hell did he dedicate himself to learning how to box.

this chick from million dollar baby!!! hilary swank!!! now that chick put in work to learn how to box. much more convincing than marky mark.
Dolimite
QUOTE (daprofessor @ Apr 4 2013, 03:49 PM) *

Bullshit he trained for three years. He worked on getting an accent other than that he thought he could get by on that BS. He didn't train with Freddie Roach he trained with Brother Joe from Balley's fitness!

QUOTE (daprofessor @ Apr 4 2013, 03:51 PM) *
this chick from million dollar baby!!! hilary swank!!! now that chick put in work to learn how to box. much more convincing than marky mark.

Because she is a real actress who studies her craft! This guy is a joke and Eastwood, although a prick, demands the best from his actors. I think Million Dollar baby as a damn good movie and it should the dedication of what a fighter's life is like! Fuck Mark Walberg!
Cshel86
QUOTE (daprofessor @ Apr 4 2013, 07:49 PM) *

And the case has been cracked! No further investigation is needed, in terms of his shitty performance. laugh.gif
daprofessor
QUOTE (Dolimite @ Apr 4 2013, 07:08 PM) *
Bullshit he trained for three years. He worked on getting an accent other than that he thought he could get by on that BS. He didn't train with Freddie Roach he trained with Brother Joe from Balley's fitness!

Because she is a real actress who studies her craft! This guy is a joke and Eastwood, although a prick, demands the best from his actors. I think Million Dollar baby as a damn good movie and it should the dedication of what a fighter's life is like! Fuck Mark Walberg!

yeah...she put in work.
Cshel86
QUOTE (daprofessor @ Apr 4 2013, 07:51 PM) *

Did I mention Hilary Swank is my interracial crush? Oh who am I kidding, I have SEVERAL of those. Label me a creep if you will, but some of yall are probably just as much of a creep as I am! laugh.gif
daprofessor
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Apr 4 2013, 07:58 PM) *
Did I mention Hilary Swank is my interracial crush? Oh who am I kidding, I have SEVERAL of those. Label me a creep if you will, but some of yall are probably just as much of a creep as I am! laugh.gif

i've met her in person. she would get it. smile.gif
Cshel86
QUOTE (daprofessor @ Apr 4 2013, 09:03 PM) *
i've met her in person. she would get it. smile.gif

My creep mindframe has been vindicated! Thanks Professor! Lol
mrchitown
QUOTE (daprofessor @ Apr 4 2013, 06:25 PM) *

I can see how you would say that, some of the movements in the fight sequences had me LOL'ing because it was nowhere near what would actually happen in the ring. Bale turned in a good performance though, he really nailed Ecklund lol

I watched a show some yrs back called Lights Out on FX, it was very good IMO, the lead actor trained with Teddy Atlas for preperation for the role
Cshel86
I forgot to add Chad Dawson to my list...what a waste.

This dude has all the tools and potential to be great, but his "cruise control" fighting style and mental lapses have done him no favors over the years. I remember the Pascal fight when he went bad to his corner and complained, "My shoulder, my shoulder fucked up".

So after he get whacked by Pascal in the later rounds, and got that bad cut, he decided to step on the gas. When Merchant interviewed Dawson after the fight, he inquired about the shoulder injury. Chad's response (paraphrasing), "Nah, aint nothin wrong with my shoulder, my shoulder's fine". Huh???

Dude, the whole world heard you to tell your trainer that your shoulder was messed up, or did you need an excuse for your poor performance? Dude is a tool and a waste of talent.
mgrover
Any new guy in the gym that starts out buys all the new gear, boxing boots, top of the range gloves etc etc, and then quits three weeks later
checkleft
QUOTE (mgrover @ Apr 11 2013, 01:32 PM) *
Any new guy in the gym that starts out buys all the new gear, boxing boots, top of the range gloves etc etc, and then quits three weeks later

Anybody who does that in any sport lol
mgrover
QUOTE (checkleft @ Apr 11 2013, 06:37 PM) *
Anybody who does that in any sport lol

I remember I didn't have shit when I started lol, had to save up for my first pair of Lonsdale gloves from SportsDirect haha
checkleft
QUOTE (mgrover @ Apr 11 2013, 01:40 PM) *
I remember I didn't have shit when I started lol, had to save up for my first pair of Lonsdale gloves from SportsDirect haha

I was the same way and from the get go I told my little brother the only way he's getting gear for boxing, was if he showed me he was sticking to it and he showed dedication. He's gotten geared up a little since then
daprofessor
QUOTE (mrchitown @ Apr 4 2013, 09:26 PM) *
I can see how you would say that, some of the movements in the fight sequences had me LOL'ing because it was nowhere near what would actually happen in the ring. Bale turned in a good performance though, he really nailed Ecklund lol

I watched a show some yrs back called Lights Out on FX, it was very good IMO, the lead actor trained with Teddy Atlas for preperation for the role

Never saw the show but heard good things.
mrchitown
QUOTE (daprofessor @ Apr 12 2013, 05:18 PM) *
Never saw the show but heard good things.

It's definitely worth a watch
Cshel86
This dude is a sorry excuse for a professional, and he usually bitches up when things get tough. That whole "I be nervous" shit that he talks in the early rounds, is for sissies only.

All night, he held and ran during the Gonzalez fight. The ref yelled the whole time for both of them to fight out, but Ramos decided to hold the whole night. I can't stand this baby dinosaur-lookin' mofo, and his lack of heart in the ring.

His lucky title win against the Asian guy a couple of years ago, coupled by his quit session in the Rigondeaux fight, told me all that I needed to know. Am I the only one who cant stand this dude???
JammyJam
I don't necessarily dislikes him, but I agree that ramos is a trash fighter. I honestly don't even know why he is ever mentioned like he matters or something.
mrchitown
I actually like Ramos, maybe I'm giving him too much credit but I think he's a decent fighter, though he disappointed me in the Rigo fight. I thought he would test Rigo but he did no such thing
mgrover
Theres a thread to dislike fighters just sayin tongue.gif
Cshel86
QUOTE (mgrover @ Apr 13 2013, 12:32 PM) *
Theres a thread to dislike fighters just sayin tongue.gif

Sorry MG, I just had a drunken rant about Ramos.

Call it "isolated hate", if you would. laugh.gif

I'll merge this one...just had to get that off my chest last night after the fight was over.
mgrover
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Apr 13 2013, 06:27 PM) *
Sorry MG, I just had a drunken rant about Ramos.

Call it "isolated hate", if you would. laugh.gif

I'll merge this one...just had to get that off my chest last night after the fight was over.

We've all been there lol
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.