Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 30 Days in May (Floyd Mayweather Documentary)
FightHype Community > BOXING HYPE > Boxing
Pages: 1, 2
Dolimite
I enjoyed the documentary. Showed a side of Floyd that I never seen (did not need to see his ass) I like the fact that they showed his kids. The Diamond Club brought back my days at Morehouse. I guess the Showtime deal was happening way before we knew about. Ms. Jackson is just a face with a nice body other than that she has nothing more to offer, I am glad he got rid of her. And another things, you openly know this dude is cheating on you and you think he respects you?
Floyd has way too many hanger ons and I hope he listens to his mother's advice. Interesting they didn't show 50's face. Gamboa had a spot I thought that was cool. Good to see Roger Mayweather. I think Guerrero is about to get his ass handed to him, Floyd stays in the gym.
leonthegee
I enjoyed it. The way the blured 50s face out at the begining had me dying. Seeing Gamboa work at the gym was a pleasant surpize. When that fan was like " Can you punch my wife in the face." Some pretty funny shit.
mrchitown
It was a very good documentary, he was being 100% honest and I can respect where he was coming from in regards to a number of topics.

Where did you hear that he dropped his lady? And this documentary probably would've been on HBO had they not dropped the ball. The fact that he ragged on HBO doesn't mean the move was being planned, he say what the fuck he wants to when he wants too. He done dissed HBO plenty of times. I remember him getting at Emmanuel Steward and the HBO broadcast team a while back

That whole x'ing out 50 thing was entertaining but they should've x'd out the SK and the 50 cent promo shirts lol. Seeing Gamboa in the gym was a nice surprise that I doubt any of us expected to be included in the doc
mrchitown
And I wish he would've x'd out Drake, I can't stand that soft ass RNB rapper laugh.gif
leonthegee
QUOTE (mrchitown @ Apr 3 2013, 10:44 PM) *
And I wish he would've x'd out Drake, I can't stand that soft ass RNB rapper laugh.gif

From a talent standpoint I could see Floyds point. Drake can rap and sing. Even if you dont like his music anybody with ears can see the talent there. Now im 35 so I dont listen to much music that came out after 2003 maybe. Drakes from Toronto so I dont expect him to rap about the same things Pac and Big rapped about.
Dolimite
QUOTE (mrchitown @ Apr 3 2013, 10:43 PM) *
It was a very good documentary, he was being 100% honest and I can respect where he was coming from in regards to a number of topics.

Where did you hear that he dropped his lady? And this documentary probably would've been on HBO had they not dropped the ball. The fact that he ragged on HBO doesn't mean the move was being planned, he say what the fuck he wants to when he wants too. He done dissed HBO plenty of times. I remember him getting at Emmanuel Steward and the HBO broadcast team a while back

That whole x'ing out 50 thing was entertaining but they should've x'd out the SK and the 50 cent promo shirts lol. Seeing Gamboa in the gym was a nice surprise that I doubt any of us expected to be included in the doc

I think after he got out of jail rumors were flying that she and 50 were playing house, plus you have not seen her since that time. So maybe she is there but doesn't get the attention she use to or isn't asking for it. I was just going off from people have told who are from Vegas and have dealings with Mayweather. It is more of an assumption then anything, Either way she is a trophy chic. I agreed with Mayweather on most of the things he said. I thought it was weird how his kids were around him the very same kids who witnessed their dad beat their mom, usually the courts would not allow a parent to be around their children if they felt that they were a danger to them. I wonder how Gamboa feels now? And I never heard of Jackie Long as an actor.

QUOTE (mrchitown @ Apr 3 2013, 10:44 PM) *

I actually did disagree with Floyd on one instance, he said he could be great like Biggie and Pac, I respectfully disagree.
neophyte7
Fuck Biggie and Pac... they were both tools to dumb down inner city youth with their filthy mindless and self destructive rap-- Biggie once talked on an album about defecating on a woman-- nothing great about that Black fat fuck.. Tupac had greatness but embraced fake ass gangster rap and thug life... Mayweather if he was more educated and civilized would not have even mentioned those assholes... but I understand.. he has matured considerably and contrary to what people say speaks pretty well...
Cshel86
Pretty good documentary! I know these other fighters out there are hating life right now, especially the ones who are on their way out the door. I know they're thinking, "Man, screw that people's champ nonsense, I should've been trying to make as much money as I could've made".

I always like to see that footage that usually gets thrown into the archives, and I wish they did documentaries like this on all fighters...maybe not an hour, but that 15-minute garbage has to stop. As a matter of fact, those 15 min segments are only about 12 mins. Shame on the networks for that.

Floyd seems like a decent guy in person, but I'm just not with the whole blowing money the way he does...maybe because we've seen the greats go broke. Now, I would LOVE to see how Tyson and Holyfield partied back in the day, when they were racking up big paydays.

Yes I said Holyfield, regardless of all that religious shit that he talked, dude got waaay too much poontang and waaay too many illegitimate children to say otherwise. I KNOW they had a big ass party after the first Tyson victory....where's the footage? laugh.gif

Those strippers though! Welcome to ATL! It looks like they put the good ones on tv, because they all don't look like that down here, trust me, they don't. Lol. Ms Jackson? Man! I think I'd get tired of banging her though, she looks like a "lazy lay" to me.

The part where he was getting ready to leave home (for jail), and he was counting all of that money...still disturbs me a bit. No way I could have all of those dudes around me, with a fine woman, and all of that money (material things). Somewhere along the line, dudes find it in their hearts to hate and ruin it for you. As a black man I know, that's how most of our people are...sad but true.

Oh yeah, "The Blurrrr"...laugh.gif What a way to kill the little relevancy that 50 has left. He's still a great businessman, but his relevancy is taking a nose dive. Somewhere along the line, he's gonna make a power move and get his name back out there like it used to be.

PS: What has Jackie Long done since the movie "ATL"?! Answer...not a goddamn fuckin' thing! Dude is Floyd's biggest nuthugger to this date, seriously. Dude, go land some more roles or get into directing, instead being up Floyd's ass all day.

I think 50 clowned him (in his face) on one of the FightHype videos around the time of the Cotto fight. He called him "Jackie Floyd" and basically challenged him on the reason that he was even around. Maybe that a bit of 50's "I want Floyd all to myself moments" though. LOL
MaxPayne
Drake couldn't even be the shit beneath Tupac or Biggie's shoes.

Not to mention Rakim, Big Daddy Kane, Nas, Chuck D or even Eminem.

I digress though.

I'm not surprised that Floyd has a gang of hoes to fuck around with. It's also somewhat refreshing to see that Ms. Jackson doesn't make a big deal out of it and accepts her role. Men with money, power and influence fuck who they want to fuck, after all.

Anyways, I am concerned. There is simply no way that revenue stream can keep those expenses in check. Just because everything is "paid for" doesn't mean that there aren't an enormous amount of tax and upkeep/maintenance bills.

Jovi
QUOTE (neophyte7 @ Apr 4 2013, 08:42 AM) *
Fuck Biggie and Pac... they were both tools to dumb down inner city youth with their filthy mindless and self destructive rap-- Biggie once talked on an album about defecating on a woman-- nothing great about that Black fat fuck.. Tupac had greatness but embraced fake ass gangster rap and thug life... Mayweather if he was more educated and civilized would not have even mentioned those assholes... but I understand.. he has matured considerably and contrary to what people say speaks pretty well...

Cmon man educate yourself before you speak ignorance. Biggie might have talked alott of shit, but Tupac is not about fake gangster rap. He was politically active and was going to be the leader of the new Black Panthers, he was all about education and unity and trying to make communities better for ALL PEOPLE AND CHILDREN. Not just blacks or any race, have you heard the song "Changes" "Keep Your Head up", cmon man and please look up what T.H.U.G L.I.F.E means before you talk shit and be disrespectful. Educate yourself brotha.

As for Drake being mentioned with Biggie and Pac, i wouldn't disagree. Think about how much influence Drake has, he makes hits, he actually has lyrics and subjects, anything he says turns into this whole big thing. YOLO!...All that influence, he is just with the wrong team, he could be more like Pac if he said some shit that could stir the media, become more politically active. Make songs to target and motivate children instead of strippers. I think he could do it if he wasn't with the wrong team. With Great Power comes Great Responsibility.

" tool to dumb down inner city youth with their filthy mindless and self destructive rap" is Lil wayne. Not Tupac,
checkleft
QUOTE (leonthegee @ Apr 4 2013, 03:40 AM) *
From a talent standpoint I could see Floyds point. Drake can rap and sing. Even if you dont like his music anybody with ears can see the talent there. Now im 35 so I dont listen to much music that came out after 2003 maybe. Drakes from Toronto so I dont expect him to rap about the same things Pac and Big rapped about.

+1
Someone who actually listens to lyrics instead of drinking the hateraid?? You been hiding under a rock? Lol. Drake is very underratted. "The worst decision a person or business can make is having a closed mind"
Jovi
Great documentary, Shotime keeps impressing, i like how Floyd was talking shit about HBO too. One thing i noticed is even though his life is so lavish, he seems mad chill, he seems like a pothead too even though he's against it. I'd be like "Floyd, i know you dont smoke weed man i know this, but imma get you high today. You done retired, you aint got no job, and you aint got shit to do!"

His mom seems very nice and smart, she should be on more of the vids for upcoming fights. Whats the deal with Miss Jackson, is she a hoe or is she the real deal holyfield. She's too sexy, instead of strippers i woulda had some me time with her on cam if i was floyd. Strippers were a good substitute though.

Floyd is just at the top of the world right now, and some people really just want to see him fall for reasons that probably are found within themselves. I wasn't alive during the Fabulous four ERA, or heavyweight ERA. But right now Floyd Mayweather is boxing, atleast commercially. I knew he made alot of money, but dammmmm, i didn't think he made that much. Hopefully he has over hundreds of millions in his account and that cash he is just chilling off. House was banging, got so much stacks they look fake. It was deep saying "I got all of this with my hands", I wish that was the Floyd we seen more of, the Real Floyd Joy Sinclair Mayweather. He really doesn't even need to talk shit anymore for the media, just chill at the top of the throne.

Somehow he still manage to throw a Pacquiao diss in there lol...

When it comes down to it, Mayweather seems to know Boxing is his life, some ups and some downs but it got him to where he is today, he is wise enough to know that he is still growing, he has shown growth when i first seen him on 24/7. I don't think Robert Guerrero is the one to beat him, he really doesn't bring anything to the table, and no secret advantages, or no hidden super punch strength. Just a regular guy who's going to come in and get outclassed.
mitukczuk
Just watched the documentary! Youtube is awesome !

First of all - Floyd ain't stupid guys, he is not sleeping around with stripers and prostitutes - no matter how well paid. STDs are everywhere and can fuck up your life. Floyd is smarter than that and stays sober. He loves himself too much to risk it.

2 - I actually think Ms. Jackson is a smart woman. She may be "lazy lay" as C' pointed out (hilarious phrase btw, never heard that one before biggrin.gif ) but she was speaking well and although shes undoubtedly a trophy and high maintenance woman I don't sense anything similar to the mother golddiger herself Robin Givens.

3 - Damn, Floyd can speak after all. He made some good points especially about prisons making people angry instead of better.

4 - Enjoyed the documentary from start to finish!

5 - Floyd is a good and caring guy. End of story.

6 - Of course you can't trust anything and anyone, but I think it was a pretty honest picture of Floyd and his circle.

7 - Too bad most of the people who have actually seen the documentary will remember only 3 things from it - money, stripers and luxury.... to feed their jealousy. But as Floyd would say....It is what it is. Fuck it
Cshel86
Some of yall sound like some real huggers though. laugh.gif

Just thought I'd throw that out there.
Cshel86
QUOTE (mitukczuk @ Apr 4 2013, 02:51 PM) *
2 - I actually think Ms. Jackson is a smart woman. She may be "lazy lay" as C' pointed out (hilarious phrase btw, never heard that one before biggrin.gif ) but she was speaking well and although shes undoubtedly a trophy and high maintenance woman I don't sense anything similar to the mother golddiger herself Robin Givens.

The pretty ones usually are, lol. Its very rare that you have a fine broad like that, who makes fireworks in the sheets. cool.gif
neophyte7
QUOTE (Jovi @ Apr 4 2013, 12:13 PM) *
Cmon man educate yourself before you speak ignorance. Biggie might have talked alott of shit, but Tupac is not about fake gangster rap. He was politically active and was going to be the leader of the new Black Panthers, he was all about education and unity and trying to make communities better for ALL PEOPLE AND CHILDREN. Not just blacks or any race, have you heard the song "Changes" "Keep Your Head up", cmon man and please look up what T.H.U.G L.I.F.E means before you talk shit and be disrespectful. Educate yourself brotha.

As for Drake being mentioned with Biggie and Pac, i wouldn't disagree. Think about how much influence Drake has, he makes hits, he actually has lyrics and subjects, anything he says turns into this whole big thing. YOLO!...All that influence, he is just with the wrong team, he could be more like Pac if he said some shit that could stir the media, become more politically active. Make songs to target and motivate children instead of strippers. I think he could do it if he wasn't with the wrong team. With Great Power comes Great Responsibility.

" tool to dumb down inner city youth with their filthy mindless and self destructive rap" is Lil wayne. Not Tupac,

What is your level of education???Tupac and his thuglife bullshit initiated a bunch of lost souls into wearing doo rags to job interviews and sagging their pants showing their dirty underwwear.. the shit is soo bad they want something on the books here in NYC to put a halt to men walking around like a bunch of uncivilized savages. However people try to spin Thuglife or the redefinition of nigger (NIGGA).. TUPAC did more harm than good. He came from a family of enlightened radicals yet he embraced a mindset ans sold drugs, sex, and violence--- he was was full of rebellion,. yet devoid of refinement and civilization. I have worked as a social worker with Black and Latino youth for 20 plus years and you can see the lingering effects of cancers like TUPAC Shakur. Nothing particularly personal with him, he was just a youngster seeking for fame and recognition, yet he lacked the proper guidance that could have kept him alive--- he did put out songs with messages, yet his overall thuglife persona got the best of him - but he lives on.. I see Tupac each day all day as black men age 10 to 50 plus sagg their pants... Tupac lives clapping.gif
Franchize
1. I thought it was a pretty dope documentary. It showed a method to Floyd's madness somewhat...especially when it comes to supporting his friends and his loyalty.
2. I thought Roger looked REALLY sick and it nearly moved me to tears. Out of all those guys, I really like Roger most man. That dude is a hidden gem in the sport of boxing IMO.
3. I know people have said this before, but Floyd and Ms Jackson's relationship seems staged. The way he was comapring women to cars. Her facial expressions in certain scenes. The lack of affection between the two. Seems fishy.
4. I love how he called out HBO and still didn't sound jealous. You're swinging off Manny's nuts but he's gone to Showtime and fought. I've been loyal and yet I get hate from clowns like Merchant. That would NEVER happen to Manny.
5. I think it finally exposes how Floyd is flashy just for the pageantry and marketing results. To his core, he doesn't even seem to care about the stuff he spends money on. For instance, the bottles of liquor.
6. I think most people don't realize how hard this guy works. It seems like he's ALWAYS in the gym. Sometimes, at work, I watch videos of his workouts. May sound corny but it's fascinating stuff to me. So much technique involved.
7. I find it amazing that, for a guy who seems to be annoyed by the sport, he always seems to have boxing on his mind. Every other scene, he just breaks out and starts shadow boxing.
8. I was completely awestruck about the minor details he shared about his case. I knew there was no physical evidence. I didn't know, however, that the alleged incident occurred 2 years prior to his conviction. WTF?
9. I have a soft spot for true fatherhood. Not just buying them stuff but actually actively taking part in their lives. Ever since I had my little girl and then seen other little girls without fathers, I have a new respect for fatherhood.
10. I could have done without the scenes with his naked ass in the shower. C'mon man. That was just uncalled for lol Why would you think, a sport that is mostly popular among men, would want to see that? lol
11. I thought a lot of time was wasted on pictures and scenery. I thought some of the questions were redundant. I don't think they introduced much NEW things about Floyd other than how mentally drained jail made him.
mrchitown
QUOTE (neophyte7 @ Apr 4 2013, 07:42 AM) *

Blasphemy
Jovi
QUOTE (neophyte7 @ Apr 4 2013, 03:17 PM) *
What is your level of education???Tupac and his thuglife bullshit initiated a bunch of lost souls into wearing doo rags to job interviews and sagging their pants showing their dirty underwwear.. the shit is soo bad they want something on the books here in NYC to put a halt to men walking around like a bunch of uncivilized savages. However people try to spin Thuglife or the redefinition of nigger (NIGGA).. TUPAC did more harm than good. He came from a family of enlightened radicals yet he embraced a mindset ans sold drugs, sex, and violence--- he was was full of rebellion,. yet devoid of refinement and civilization. I have worked as a social worker with Black and Latino youth for 20 plus years and you can see the lingering effects of cancers like TUPAC Shakur. Nothing particularly personal with him, he was just a youngster seeking for fame and recognition, yet he lacked the proper guidance that could have kept him alive--- he did put out songs with messages, yet his overall thuglife persona got the best of him - but he lives on.. I see Tupac each day all day as black men age 10 to 50 plus sagg their pants... Tupac lives clapping.gif

I am a 19 year old Black and Puertorican College student studying to be an Engineer, Doctor, Boxer, and anything else i want to be.

It would be foolish to blame pants sagging on Tupac. Sometimes people's pants sag, "skater" kids and others also sag their pants. That's like saying every black person is good at basketball because of the NBA. When it has nothing to do with race or one person at all. We are all our own person so one person can't control another, we all have our own decisions, sometimes people just make the wrong decisions. I can tell you are a person full of hate because you choose to judge him and hate him even when in the core of his soul, he was a good person you can tell if you really listen to him. He was about black empowerment, knowledge, and wanting to make the world a better place. He rapped about what went on in SOCIETY. Society is to blame for pant sagging, along with most other problems along with the world. Not just one person, he was a product of the shitty society we humans all live in, and he was a human like you and I, just one a different path. The wisdom in his words didn't come from hate or anger, they came from love and compassion for people, he was only violent when he was defending his life!!! cmon bruh stop hating. Death can come to any man at any moment, it is destiny, would you say Ghandhi's NONVIOLENT protesting would've also kept him alive longer. He was a revolutionary and a martyr, and most usually die young or violently.

You'd probably learn something if you did more research is all. Just don't be so disrespectful is all I'm saying. He may have seemed to have done in your mind, but i consider myself a positive product of his dreams.

Hopefully Floyd wont get hate like this after his passing.
mrchitown
QUOTE (Dolimite @ Apr 4 2013, 05:13 AM) *
I think after he got out of jail rumors were flying that she and 50 were playing house, plus you have not seen her since that time. So maybe she is there but doesn't get the attention she use to or isn't asking for it. I was just going off from people have told who are from Vegas and have dealings with Mayweather. It is more of an assumption then anything, Either way she is a trophy chic. I agreed with Mayweather on most of the things he said. I thought it was weird how his kids were around him the very same kids who witnessed their dad beat their mom, usually the courts would not allow a parent to be around their children if they felt that they were a danger to them. I wonder how Gamboa feels now? And I never heard of Jackie Long as an actor.

I actually did disagree with Floyd on one instance, he said he could be great like Biggie and Pac, I respectfully disagree.

Yeah, aint nothing in Drake's DNA that spells greatness. He's avg in both rapping and singing, he gets over on his affiliations. Jackie Long is a pretty good actor, he was in ATL with TI and Lauren London and he was in this movie called love for sale with Mya. But once Mayweather put him down with the Money Team, he just seems to be content with being an entourage member

As far as Floyd's lady, IDK what to make of it but it was kind of revealing how Floyd broke down his take on relationships and her stance on disrepsect/respect was revealing too. We'll never truly know the dynamics involved in their relationship. She's a bird but she made a lot of remarks that I agree with. If I don't see her at the fight or on the all access then I guess it's safe to say she's out. But Floyd's ex alluded in a recent interview that they're still together and that he cheats on her

She's better then the alternative because his baby mama, Melissa Harris is a trouble maker. I think he needs to stay the hell away from her. That's what I do with my bm, she know not to come around me at our daughter's school functions or it'll be trouble. I don't have the baby mama drama but that's because I cut that shit off, I used to though but sooner or later you either end up in a situation you can't get out of or one of the two has to be the mature person. His 1st baby moms is cool supposedly and I hear he's closer to her then all of them. He always looks out for her, at least that's what I hear. She was in the doc actually. Now that's a chick you wife, she aint never tried to grab the spotlight like Meliissa and Miss Jackson
mrchitown
QUOTE (leonthegee @ Apr 4 2013, 02:40 AM) *

He's talented but like my College coach told us "Talent don't mean shit if you don't do anything with it"

Aint nobody calling none of his albums classics, he got waxed in a mini battle when he tried to go at Common, it's like the anticipation for his projects are better then the actual finished projects. He comes out with these hot singles then you hear the album and you turn it off in disappointment. He's more popular then he is substance
mitukczuk
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Apr 4 2013, 02:58 PM) *

No shame in being a fan. I am usually trying to see both standpoints...but either it was the overall mood of the documentary or i don't know what....either way, I was getting positive vibes as long as it lasted. I was always saying there is more to Floyd than money and all that flamboyancy. I am just glad people get to see the possible other side of him. I am saying possible because my university professors taught me to question everything....thanks Obama!

I will never forget your "lazy lay" ! Shit had me laughing. But I agree, Ms. Jackson looks like that kind of a woman biggrin.gif Still wouldn't mind her warming my pillow though....
mrchitown
QUOTE (checkleft @ Apr 4 2013, 11:32 AM) *
+1
Someone who actually listens to lyrics instead of drinking the hateraid?? You been hiding under a rock? Lol. Drake is very underratted. "The worst decision a person or business can make is having a closed mind"

Explain this to me please. No diss but it's a reason people call his music EMO rap. And as far a lyrics go let me just name actual EMCEES currently who are better then this guy...Big Krit, Joey Badass, Slaughterhouse (Jor Budden, Royce da 5'9, Joell Ortiz, Crooked I) ASAP Rocky and Schoolboy Q spit better then him. 3 stacks only do features and he dumps on Drake on his best day. It's all subjective but I laugh when I hear people say hater or as you said hateraid when assessing someone. His albums have been successful from a commercial standpoint but the fans are all in agreement that his albums leave much to be desired..and those are people who actually purchased the finish product
Jovi
QUOTE (mrchitown @ Apr 4 2013, 04:52 PM) *
Explain this to me please. No diss but it's a reason people call his music EMO rap. And as far a lyrics go let me just name actual EMCEES currently who are better then this guy...Big Krit, Joey Badass, Slaughterhouse (Jor Budden, Royce da 5'9, Joell Ortiz, Crooked I) ASAP Rocky and Schoolboy Q spit better then him. 3 stacks only do features and he dumps on Drake on his best day. It's all subjective but I laugh when I hear people say hater or as you said hateraid when assessing someone. His albums have been successful from a commercial standpoint but the fans are all in agreement that his albums leave much to be desired..and those are people who actually purchased the finish product

Budden all day, he's my favorite Slaughter house goes in. I only heard Joey Badass bust on Lil B and glad he did. I fuck with everyone else too except ASAP Rocky. Put them both on the same song and Drake's verse will be better (.

Drake's commercial shit is targeted more towards the females, I didn't get his album because i felt like that but its the best way to sell music commercially, he's smart and he knows that. Just be a ladies man, and it worked. my top 5 would be Joe budden, J cole, Wale, Los, and Drake. of the current people. Even though he is popular and bitches love him, he still be rapping like he a regular dude going through life. People just have him up too high on a pedestal, he is nice with the pen and he stays in his lane with rapping about his own life and not faking it and saying crazy ish.
mrchitown
QUOTE (Jovi @ Apr 4 2013, 04:14 PM) *
Budden all day, he's my favorite Slaughter house goes in. I only heard Joey Badass bust on Lil B and glad he did. I fuck with everyone else too except ASAP Rocky. Put them both on the same song and Drake's verse will be better (.

Drake's commercial shit is targeted more towards the females, I didn't get his album because i felt like that but its the best way to sell music commercially, he's smart and he knows that. Just be a ladies man, and it worked. my top 5 would be Joe budden, J cole, Wale, Los, and Drake. of the current people. Even though he is popular and bitches love him, he still be rapping like he a regular dude going through life. People just have him up too high on a pedestal, he is nice with the pen and he stays in his lane with rapping about his own life and not faking it and saying crazy ish.

I don't know how I forgot them, I'm a huge J Cole fan. I like that he don't spit about the same stuff that these so called artists tend to do nowadays. Drake's mixtapes are far superior to his albums but he hasn't put out a great one in a minute. I remember when Drake was unsigned, his mixtapes and songs were the stuff of legend, once he signed with them fake gang members I think his product value went down on all levels and the same things that go for Nicki, people clown her now but as a fan of actual hip hop, I listen to everything and she used to be a better rapper then she is now. It be like that though, once the money come, they change up

Oh and he definitely don't want it with Pusha laugh.gif He done proved that already
sduck
It was alright. Just the things you'd expect from what you know previously, the same ol same ol.

I used to listen to Tupac regularly and Ice-T said it right. Yes he was a good rapper and an icon to the rap/hip hop and music industry, but the problem with Tupac is that he'd speak about the bad things of the game and how we need to change, but he'd still go out and do the bad things, living the "thug life". Basically a hypocrite. Biggie was not much better either, it's no secret to why they both got shot up. As for Drake, I think people just don't like Drake's style. He comes off more feminine and not hardcore, even though he sometimes attempts to act like he's about something hard. I think Drake is one of the better rappers out today. I don't get the hype about some other rappers, I haven't listened to much of the rappers out today, but I heard people like Lil B, dude is straight up garbage in every way. A$AP Rocky, I don't get him either, from the few songs I've heard of his, dude was pretty generic, "I got bitches and fly cars", you know the same rap rhetoric that's been plastered in this generation. Kendrick Lamar is okay, I think people overrate him because there's not many very good rappers out now.
leonthegee
QUOTE (mrchitown @ Apr 4 2013, 01:40 PM) *
He's talented but like my College coach told us "Talent don't mean shit if you don't do anything with it"

Aint nobody calling none of his albums classics, he got waxed in a mini battle when he tried to go at Common, it's like the anticipation for his projects are better then the actual finished projects. He comes out with these hot singles then you hear the album and you turn it off in disappointment. He's more popular then he is substance

Hes marketable and his music sells. Now if you have a problem with that then thats your problem. You cant knock someone for supporting somebody just because you dont like that person their supporting. If you have a problem with Drake then thats your problem not Floyds. I dont see tens of thousands of people going to see Common. He had his time already.
mrchitown
QUOTE (leonthegee @ Apr 4 2013, 05:03 PM) *
Hes marketable and his music sells. Now if you have a problem with that then thats your problem. You cant knock someone for supporting somebody just because you dont like that person their supporting. If you have a problem with Drake then thats your problem not Floyds. I dont see tens of thousands of people going to see Common. He had his time already.

WTF are you talking about bruh lol. Because I have an opinion on the guy I have a problem. STFU! I say what I want and it's how I feel you support who you want to support and I'll do the same. Looking at the overall body of work, Common is head and shoulders above him. Com's an ATG, and that's not just from me but from fans and his peers

The internet got idiots like you screwed up in the head. When I was coming up if you didn't like something you just didn't like it now it's if you don't like this you a hater and you have a problem. If you like something you a nuthugger if you don't you a hater. Do you see the point in that backwards ass logic

I never said I didn't like him but it's an observation I have that he's not as great as people make him out to be. I got Drake singles like started from the bottom on my Ipod. Why the fuck would I do that if I didn't like his music. I take issue with hos overall product value and that's my right. Get out of your homotions cuz. If you have a problem with me and what I'm saying and expressing my opinion then that's your problem
Jovi
QUOTE (sduck @ Apr 4 2013, 05:55 PM) *
It was alright. Just the things you'd expect from what you know previously, the same ol same ol.

I used to listen to Tupac regularly and Ice-T said it right. Yes he was a good rapper and an icon to the rap/hip hop and music industry, but the problem with Tupac is that he'd speak about the bad things of the game and how we need to change, but he'd still go out and do the bad things, living the "thug life". Basically a hypocrite. Biggie was not much better either, it's no secret to why they both got shot up. As for Drake, I think people just don't like Drake's style. He comes off more feminine and not hardcore, even though he sometimes attempts to act like he's about something hard. I think Drake is one of the better rappers out today. I don't get the hype about some other rappers, I haven't listened to much of the rappers out today, but I heard people like Lil B, dude is straight up garbage in every way. A$AP Rocky, I don't get him either, from the few songs I've heard of his, dude was pretty generic, "I got bitches and fly cars", you know the same rap rhetoric that's been plastered in this generation. Kendrick Lamar is okay, I think people overrate him because there's not many very good rappers out now.

Couldn't have it better myself about Lil'B, Asap and Kendrick. even drizzy just think he's better than alot of rappers out today

People always say how the hip hop game is crazy, and you can just see how it affects them. Tupac only got into real violent shit when he was in the game and after he got a record deal, but that's because with all his fans he got a few haters too, people that want to see him down so talk shit or even rob him, as a man all he did was defend himself. Its not like he was out robbing innocent people and just doing random drive-bys and talking shit to kids to do drugs or whatever, he talked about the things he has seen and gone through, analyzer of the world and society, realized the world should be a better place and was trying to put in work and give back. Tupac was more than just an rapper. There aren't built like that anymore
Dolimite
QUOTE (mrchitown @ Apr 4 2013, 01:35 PM) *
Yeah, aint nothing in Drake's DNA that spells greatness. He's avg in both rapping and singing, he gets over on his affiliations. Jackie Long is a pretty good actor, he was in ATL with TI and Lauren London and he was in this movie called love for sale with Mya. But once Mayweather put him down with the Money Team, he just seems to be content with being an entourage member

As far as Floyd's lady, IDK what to make of it but it was kind of revealing how Floyd broke down his take on relationships and her stance on disrepsect/respect was revealing too. We'll never truly know the dynamics involved in their relationship. She's a bird but she made a lot of remarks that I agree with. If I don't see her at the fight or on the all access then I guess it's safe to say she's out. But Floyd's ex alluded in a recent interview that they're still together and that he cheats on her

She's better then the alternative because his baby mama, Melissa Harris is a trouble maker. I think he needs to stay the hell away from her. That's what I do with my bm, she know not to come around me at our daughter's school functions or it'll be trouble. I don't have the baby mama drama but that's because I cut that shit off, I used to though but sooner or later you either end up in a situation you can't get out of or one of the two has to be the mature person. His 1st baby moms is cool supposedly and I hear he's closer to her then all of them. He always looks out for her, at least that's what I hear. She was in the doc actually. Now that's a chick you wife, she aint never tried to grab the spotlight like Meliissa and Miss Jackson

I saw his daughter's mother in the doc and she seemed really cool. He was actually more warm towards her than he was with Ms. Jackson. I know that when he was going away to prison she didn't hug him or even say I love you. I don't know what his loyalty is towards her but is is there. I don't see affection in their relationship. That is a working relationship at best. I think Floyd is in love what the status of what she brings, shit I doubt if they even have sex. You finger if he flies to Atlanta to get some affection from some groupie chicks but not his own lady? I mean at least the groupie chick rubbed his head, It was just weird. I don't have BM drama, we have an understanding. We are parents first and the rest comes last. We have family days and all that BS but I know my son enjoys it so that is what counts,

I loved how they showed his kids. Like we don't get to say that. And the fact that they told him they loved him after the Drake concert was funny. Which made the jail sentence even worse because supposedly his son was the one who got Floyd off his mom and called 911. Go figure. I enjoyed the documentary I which he was a little more careful with his money. I am guessing he has a lot of men around him because of his daddy issues. He needs that validation from another dude since he has yet to get it from his dad. The dude works hard. before he went to jail he got a good work out. I don't see that dedication from a lot of boxers. Guerrero better tighten his game up. It was good seeing Hasim Rahman! I hope Gamboa gets back into the Mayweather gym, I do not think 50 is handling his career correctly. May 4th needs to hurry up and get here! And yes Cshels we are hugging but shit I am fan and I ain't ashamed of that.
neophyte7
[quote name='sduck' date='Apr 4 2013, 05:55 PM' post='577125']

I used to listen to Tupac regularly and Ice-T said it right. Yes he was a good rapper and an icon to the rap/hip hop and music industry, but the problem with Tupac is that he'd speak about the bad things of the game and how we need to change, but he'd still go out and do the bad things, living the "thug life". Basically a hypocrite. Biggie was not much better either, it's no secret to why they both got shot up....

Well said... thumbsup_anim.gif
mrchitown
QUOTE (Dolimite @ Apr 4 2013, 06:27 PM) *
I saw his daughter's mother in the doc and she seemed really cool. He was actually more warm towards her than he was with Ms. Jackson. I know that when he was going away to prison she didn't hug him or even say I love you. I don't know what his loyalty is towards her but is is there. I don't see affection in their relationship. That is a working relationship at best. I think Floyd is in love what the status of what she brings, shit I doubt if they even have sex. You finger if he flies to Atlanta to get some affection from some groupie chicks but not his own lady? I mean at least the groupie chick rubbed his head, It was just weird. I don't have BM drama, we have an understanding. We are parents first and the rest comes last. We have family days and all that BS but I know my son enjoys it so that is what counts,

I loved how they showed his kids. Like we don't get to say that. And the fact that they told him they loved him after the Drake concert was funny. Which made the jail sentence even worse because supposedly his son was the one who got Floyd off his mom and called 911. Go figure. I enjoyed the documentary I which he was a little more careful with his money. I am guessing he has a lot of men around him because of his daddy issues. He needs that validation from another dude since he has yet to get it from his dad. The dude works hard. before he went to jail he got a good work out. I don't see that dedication from a lot of boxers. Guerrero better tighten his game up. It was good seeing Hasim Rahman! I hope Gamboa gets back into the Mayweather gym, I do not think 50 is handling his career correctly. May 4th needs to hurry up and get here! And yes Cshels we are hugging but shit I am fan and I ain't ashamed of that.

He was straight up honest, what really hit home for me was the segments where he talked about jail. Like when he talked about wasting the money and he still had to cop to a plea deal. And when he said that jail is supposed to rehabilitate but all it does is make you more angry. It was a lot of truth in what he was saying
BrutUalBK
Miss Jackson came off as a pure groupie willing to wait in line to get her inheritance as Money's future wifey, personally i believe that 50 smashed it but thus far he (Curtis) hasn't came out with that in any of his songs yet so it won't be confirmed until he does.

Jr was about as real as he can get in the entire documentary and I loved the stab he took at Hate Bruthas Only=HBO. Hopefully he will provide the kind of fireworks a network like SHO deserves and I know that the execs over there have already spoken extensively about the way he was treated at HBO and they won't make the mistake of duplicating that crap.

checkleft
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Apr 4 2013, 02:58 PM) *

Haha your just saying what some of us were thinking
Dolimite
QUOTE (mrchitown @ Apr 4 2013, 07:19 PM) *
He was straight up honest, what really hit home for me was the segments where he talked about jail. Like when he talked about wasting the money and he still had to cop to a plea deal. And when he said that jail is supposed to rehabilitate but all it does is make you more angry. It was a lot of truth in what he was saying

In the words of Tupac and so many "Prison didn't make me better it just made me worse." HBO is building around its Hispanic and white audiences which is their decision but a dumb one, the sport is for everyone to enjoy. But their lost.
leonthegee
QUOTE (mrchitown @ Apr 4 2013, 02:12 PM) *
WTF are you talking about bruh lol. Because I have an opinion on the guy I have a problem. STFU! I say what I want and it's how I feel you support who you want to support and I'll do the same. Looking at the overall body of work, Common is head and shoulders above him. Com's an ATG, and that's not just from me but from fans and his peers

The internet got idiots like you screwed up in the head. When I was coming up if you didn't like something you just didn't like it now it's if you don't like this you a hater and you have a problem. If you like something you a nuthugger if you don't you a hater. Do you see the point in that backwards ass logic

I never said I didn't like him but it's an observation I have that he's not as great as people make him out to be. I got Drake singles like started from the bottom on my Ipod. Why the fuck would I do that if I didn't like his music. I take issue with hos overall product value and that's my right. Get out of your homotions cuz. If you have a problem with me and what I'm saying and expressing my opinion then that's your problem

You must have me confused with these young cats. I dont want to make it sound like im dissing Common or anything like that but in a way hes like Floyd. Hes closer to the end than he is the begining. I was a Jr in highschool when that "Booming in your jeep" single came out. While Drake is still in the prime of his career. In Hip Hop its not always about the illest lyrics. Whens the last time the illest rapper was the highest paid or consider at the top of the game? Probably never. Maybe LL at one point. Its more about marketing and stuff like that.
Jovi
QUOTE (Dolimite @ Apr 5 2013, 06:11 AM) *
In the words of Tupac and so many "Prison didn't make me better it just made me worse." HBO is building around its Hispanic and white audiences which is their decision but a dumb one, the sport is for everyone to enjoy. But their lost.

Dont forget the Chinese. With Zou Shiming. Out of 1 billion people someone has to watch HBO haha
Musashi100
i thought it was a well done documentary,for a independent source they sure did good as far a editing goes. typical floyd mayweather, even though he was going to jail he still finds a way to make a negative into a positive. filming himself leading up to jail, im pretty sure he sold the rights to this video to showtime or it was probably included into the deal they made.
Dolimite
QUOTE (Jovi @ Apr 5 2013, 05:22 AM) *
Dont forget the Chinese. With Zou Shiming. Out of 1 billion people someone has to watch HBO haha

That is one fighter, how much can you depend on one fighter and if he gets smoked then what? Plus HBO are trying to build on guys that have a few years left. Like Floyd said, they are going to try to find another ho to pimp. He is right because right now they are looking bad. I mean the Bradley and Ruslan fight was not suppose to be that good and Rios and Mike always bring it, so luck was in the building for the first fight. Pacquiao has been quiet ever since being put to bed, Marquez has no idea when he will be getting in the ring again.
Jovi
QUOTE (Dolimite @ Apr 5 2013, 01:10 PM) *
That is one fighter, how much can you depend on one fighter and if he gets smoked then what? Plus HBO are trying to build on guys that have a few years left. Like Floyd said, they are going to try to find another ho to pimp. He is right because right now they are looking bad. I mean the Bradley and Ruslan fight was not suppose to be that good and Rios and Mike always bring it, so luck was in the building for the first fight. Pacquiao has been quiet ever since being put to bed, Marquez has no idea when he will be getting in the ring again.

Asians love their heroes, he is old but if he can come out and pull some Rigondeaux gold medal stuff then i see him getting big quick. He just looks so small, idk best case scenario he has skills, some bruce lee type stuff. More questions will be answered after his first fight i guess. Gold medalist tend to rise quick. I know Bob arum has been talking a lot about his future to come.

I'm surprised Bradley didn't have brain damage after that fight, if he keeps fighting like that he is going down soon. I think Marquez said he wanted to fight bradley right? that could be interesting, would they try to make that PPV?.....I haven't even seen a picture of Pacquiao since he got knocked out, whats the word on him? Maybe after a tune-up he can fight winner of Bradley/marquez. I'm getting worried about the poor little fella.
scdrking2
For the whole time leading up to his sentencing, I thought his case was a ploy by the powers that be in Vegas to force Floyd's hand into signing a Pac deal. Reason being that Vegas was hit hard during the downturn. Pac had been fighting away from Vegas a few times and a fight and rematch would generate a lot of revenue. You never see state and local governments go after locals who generate huge local economic impact. The Busch family here in St. Louis literally get away with murder. I know they are old money and white, but still. Whether the incident was trumped up or not, people with money and power dont go to jail over charges like this. Do I think that is fair and equitable, no. Do I think that is the way America works? Yes.

Still kinda puzzling.
mrchitown
QUOTE (leonthegee @ Apr 5 2013, 05:54 AM) *
You must have me confused with these young cats. I dont want to make it sound like im dissing Common or anything like that but in a way hes like Floyd. Hes closer to the end than he is the begining. I was a Jr in highschool when that "Booming in your jeep" single came out. While Drake is still in the prime of his career. In Hip Hop its not always about the illest lyrics. Whens the last time the illest rapper was the highest paid or consider at the top of the game? Probably never. Maybe LL at one point. Its more about marketing and stuff like that.

I agree, marketability sells and Drake does have a diverse skill-set of talent
neophyte7
Common is an icon.. respected in many circles. He was called upon by the President's wife to recite Poetry. Common has made some helluva songs with great messages. Common also has some movie credits. He has been able to earn money beyond rap... Drake and his crew are a bunch of degenerates in my view yet Drake does write well and has some well developed songs to his credit. Common murdered him on a track I heard last summer but that is to be expected. The kid from Toronto cannot yrically touch the Chitown legend with "Common Sense"
bnoles4life
QUOTE (neophyte7 @ Apr 5 2013, 06:12 PM) *
Common is an icon.. respected in many circles. He was called upon by the President's wife to recite Poetry. Common has made some helluva songs with great messages. Common also has some movie credits. He has been able to earn money beyond rap... Drake and his crew are a bunch of degenerates in my view yet Drake does write well and has some well developed songs to his credit. Common murdered him on a track I heard last summer but that is to be expected. The kid from Toronto cannot yrically touch the Chitown legend with "Common Sense"

"You ain't wet nobody, n*gga, you Canada dry......" <<<< **drops mic**
checkleft
QUOTE (neophyte7 @ Apr 5 2013, 07:12 PM) *

I Like common and drake but I don't like it when dudes come out the wood works to drop a diss on the new hot thing out just to get attention. Happens all the time, shit sounds petty. "Jealousy is a female trait" its like when people hate on a good boxer because they win in a certain way or start calling him out to try to turn some heads in their direction. It's annoying, common lost some cool points with me on that one. Motherfucker if your so good and he's garbage then get your shit some play instead of acting like a chick. The same thing happened to Jay, little Wayne (even tho he's annoying), drake, 50.. list goes on and on
mrchitown
QUOTE (checkleft @ Apr 5 2013, 07:12 PM) *
I Like common and drake but I don't like it when dudes come out the wood works to drop a diss on the new hot thing out just to get attention. Happens all the time, shit sounds petty. "Jealousy is a female trait" its like when people hate on a good boxer because they win in a certain way or start calling him out to try to turn some heads in their direction. It's annoying, common lost some cool points with me on that one. Motherfucker if your so good and he's garbage then get your shit some play instead of acting like a chick. The same thing happened to Jay, little Wayne (even tho he's annoying), drake, 50.. list goes on and on

Drake started that beef when he sent a subliminal at Common over Serena Williams. Like Leon said, this dude Drake got some skills, he definitely has a knack for writing. I wonder if he's done some ghostwriting before? my only thing is let's keep it subjective here. Call it like it is, everybody know who started that. Drake has a history of subliminals, look at the lil dustups he's been in...all over women. Chris Brown and him going at it over petty stuff, a hoe named Rihanna!You can't call Com having a female trait when history disagrees with you. I guess to each his own but Chicago cats don't move like that. I don't condone what goes on but here if you do bitch shit like he did you gon get a real n*gga action and that's what he got then he decided he wanted to squash it lol.

It's actually a midwest thing, Detroit, Da Lou, Indy, Chi, that battle rap shit is ingrained and if you disrespect watch yourself. That canada dry line buried him in that brief beef. Can't name a battle where Com got served...I actually hope Com, Pusha, and Drake get together on a track, man that would be classic.
checkleft
I have never heard drake diss anyone. When he goes in its at haters in general, idk what makes common think he's so special that he thinks drake is talking to him. If anything if I were common I would gave taken that line from jay more personal than anything else on the original "diamonds are forever" off blueprint 2 I think. But hw stayed quiet back then (jay didn't have a buzz going like these young money goons anyway only real followers paid attention to his lyrics back then) But like you said to each his own
Dolimite
QUOTE (mrchitown @ Apr 5 2013, 05:20 PM) *
Drake started that beef when he sent a subliminal at Common over Serena Williams. Like Leon said, this dude Drake got some skills, he definitely has a knack for writing. I wonder if he's done some ghostwriting before? my only thing is let's keep it subjective here. Call it like it is, everybody know who started that. Drake has a history of subliminals, look at the lil dustups he's been in...all over women. Chris Brown and him going at it over petty stuff, a hoe named Rihanna!You can't call Com having a female trait when history disagrees with you. I guess to each his own but Chicago cats don't move like that. I don't condone what goes on but here if you do bitch shit like he did you gon get a real n*gga action and that's what he got then he decided he wanted to squash it lol.

It's actually a midwest thing, Detroit, Da Lou, Indy, Chi, that battle rap shit is ingrained and if you disrespect watch yourself. That canada dry line buried him in that brief beef. Can't name a battle where Com got served...I actually hope Com, Pusha, and Drake get together on a track, man that would be classic.

Never been a Drake fan. I call his type of music Pop Rap. It really is for a middle school/high school audience. Common is a very skillful artist. His flow may not be the most rhythmic but his words make up for that. Drake on the other hand has a nice delivery but his words are very plain and dense. He does do well with similes and metaphors and he paints descriptive images but at the same time, songs like I'm On One and Best I Ever Had and plenty of others are very catchy but if you really listen to his lyrics it is some 4th grade stuff. I appreciate the curve ball he threw in the game, by rapping and singing but guess what... Bone Thugz did it way better they just could not get off that thug music shit. But Bone THUGSZ was really the first group that combined rap and singing but the way they did it was genius, Drake definitely came from that line. The Midwest has always been grimy, J Dilla to Slum Village, Royce 5'9 and Talib and the rest of them. Drake in my opinion is great for the club, workout and car. But as far as going home and listening to him, it does not transfer. Does he have talent of course, but do I think its carries into greatness? No. His words have to go a little deeper, the reason why Tupac will always be remembered is because of his content. Brenda Got a Baby, Wonder Why They Call You Bitch, Hit Em Up, Hail Mary, If I Die Tonite, War Stories, Keep Ya Head Up, White Man's World, Me and My Girlfriend (Bonnie and Clyde 96), and my personal favorite Temptations. All those songs are so different from each other but at the same time explains the complexity of the artist which it even more fascinating. After talking about representing your city, screwing ho's, popping bottles, and making money, what else does Drake have to offer or any other "rap" artist that is out now? Shit Rick Ross talks about giving chicks Mollies and rapping them..WTF! I do not have much respect for artist now but hell The Price of the Ticket right?

Back to Mayweather, I am glad he did the documentary, it really helped explain a lot of things about his personality. I do think he has way too many leeches around him including Ms. Jackson.
Jovi
I know common dissed him and went in. But i wouldn't say he MURDERED drake, it was only one line. Drake was just with Common's girl, what can common really say back to drake after he possible smashed his ex chick. Listen to Drake's verse in "stay scheming" and it was like a forshadowing diss to common.

"It bothers me when the Gods get to acting like the broads" - that was to common
" That's why i see no need to compete with n*ggaz like yall i just ask when you see me you speak up n*gga that's all"
"Back when if a n*gga reach it was for a record, nowadays n*gga's reach just to sell they record"---wooooh that was to common who was about to release an album
" Shorty wanna tell me secret's about her rap n*gga, i told that B*tch 'its more attractive when you hold him down'"- haha getting him
" Bitch you wasnt with me shooting in the gym!!" -just like that line
"I'm just hittin my pinnacle, you and p*ssy identical. You like the f*cking finish line we cant wait to run into you. Let me get my mind off that, YOUNG RICH MAF*CKA GETTIN MY MINE OFF RAP"

The thing about Drake that i noticed is he usually leaves all his dissing in his music, even with Chris Brown, or whoever has anything to say. He usually comes first just saying something, and someone dont like what he said (common) or just dont like him (Chris Brown). Pusha seemed to be dissing Wayne more than Drizz
"Without a response from me you really fail to exist. And I love to see you fail that feelin' there is the shit"

Also another common diss was "Lord Knows"
"I'm hearing all of the jokes, I know that they tryna push me
I know that showin' emotion don't ever mean I'm a pussy
Know that I don't make music for niggas who don't get pussy
So those are the ones I count on to diss me or overlook me" ------ ouchhh
bnoles4life
QUOTE (checkleft @ Apr 5 2013, 07:12 PM) *

I often chuckle at the assumption of what's bolded above. Jealousy and gossiping, allegedly, are things that female do, however, history has shown us it's very much a "man thing", too. I mean, if you believe in the Bible, THE first act (or at a minimum, the most famous) of jealousy happened b/t two men, brothers to boot (Cain & Abel). I bet all on this board has been "dirty mack'd", "crossed" and "backstabbed" by some dude, at some point in your life, over some of the most menial of objectives.

Don't get me started about gossiping....as Snoop once said, "Some of these n****s are bitches, too."

Back to our regularly scheduled program.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.