Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: austin trout
FightHype Community > BOXING HYPE > Boxing
Pages: 1, 2
daprofessor
the more i admire him as a boxer. this is great stuff:

I am working to master my craft. I am obsessed with becoming the greatest ever to strap on a pair of gloves. This should be the mindset of each and every boxer that enters the ring. If you are not trying to become the best, then that person has no reason for wanting to become a boxer.

Most people will never understand the role of greatness. Greatness is not assumed, but it is worked for. Greatness takes sacrifices that will affect your friends and family. What is the reward of greatness? The reward is not always tangible, but it must not be taken lightly either. If you rise to the top to only be self-serving or egotistical with your opportunity, then you are a man that has squandered their talent for your demise. We have a responsibility as men to love.

Love and anger are closely tied together. We even see the wrath of God in the Bible tied closely to the love for his own people. When I state that we have a responsibility to love, I donít mean for that to be taken as a weakness but a strength that every man must possess in order to rise from his situation. Love takes fighting. True love takes wars. So when I relate to fear, love, and fighting, they are all hand in hand with their opportunity. I love boxing. I cannot fear another man to become great. I must fight to claim the love that I am obsessed with.
klonopinz
I totally agree with you. At first, I wanted Canelo to win this one, because I wanted to see him fight Mayweather, but the more I get to know trout, the more I admire and respect him. And the whole post about being an american has got me totally rooting for this guy. Fuck mexico and fuck Canelo. Trout deserves this and I know he has more in the tank than Canelo does. Canelo is going to lose big time. This guy just brings way too much to the table. Plus he is a huge middleweight who can make 154. And he can move unlike Canelo, who has stone feet. I am truly impressed with Austin Trout so far.
mgrover
That's a man you can respect.
mrchitown
Trout is all class, gotta love that
daprofessor
QUOTE (klonopinz @ Apr 4 2013, 05:31 PM) *
I totally agree with you. At first, I wanted Canelo to win this one, because I wanted to see him fight Mayweather, but the more I get to know trout, the more I admire and respect him. And the whole post about being an american has got me totally rooting for this guy. Fuck mexico and fuck Canelo. Trout deserves this and I know he has more in the tank than Canelo does. Canelo is going to lose big time. This guy just brings way too much to the table. Plus he is a huge middleweight who can make 154. And he can move unlike Canelo, who has stone feet. I am truly impressed with Austin Trout so far.

i missed that one. can you post it?
Dolimite
I dig Trout. He spoke the truth. The thing about love and hate was on point. I really know he knocks the shit out of Orphan Annie. The fact that he studying every move Alvarez makes has me rooting even more for him. I can't wait, in two weeks there will be a new king in the castle!
BrutUalBK
QUOTE (daprofessor @ Apr 4 2013, 04:09 PM) *
the more i admire him as a boxer. this is great stuff:

Yeah, I'm definitely been feeling him with each and everything he says, he is hella positive and is doing a great job in analyzing not only Canelo's weaknesses but seeing how an opponent would examine his very own and try to exploit them.

He is like the opposite of Floyd, totally humble, lowkey, married and lives with his children and wife.
daprofessor
QUOTE (BrutUalBK @ Apr 4 2013, 07:14 PM) *
Yeah, I'm definitely been feeling him with each and everything he says, he is hella positive and is doing a great job in analyzing not only Canelo's weaknesses but seeing how an opponent would examine his very own and try to exploit them.

He is like the opposite of Floyd, totally humble, lowkey, married and lives with his children and wife.

it's too bad floyd isn't going to fight him.
Cshel86
C'mon April 20th, you cant get here fast enough!

December was a long ass time ago! I'm ready to see Trout put in some work.

It's funny how me and Cheesey was laughing at Trout's name when he fought on a ShoBox card back in early 2012. Who'da thunk that he would be at this stage a year later? He MUST beat the bell outta Canelo to get the respect that he truly needs at this point of his career.

I haven't read the stuff on the front page just yet.
BrutUalBK
QUOTE (daprofessor @ Apr 4 2013, 07:52 PM) *

Well I wouldn't say that it can't happen just yet. I do see Floyd fighting 2 more times (once vs Canelo/ASSuming he wins vs AT) and the other is TBD but ASSuming AT beats Canelo then rightfully this should be the fight to happen because everyone is screaming for Floyd and CA to hook up.

I'm hoping that Trout flattens CA and then calls out FMJr.
Marcus
QUOTE (daprofessor @ Apr 4 2013, 08:52 PM) *

I actually think there's a possibility we could see that down the road. Floyd would probably make him fight Ishe Smith first or something. We already see how much the fans are demanding Mayweather-Canelo. I just think the value of a Mayweather-Trout fight needs to increase for Floyd to really consider it. But the ticket sales/views for Trout-Canelo/Trout-Cotto should definitely get Floyd's attention. I can't really say if i can see Trout beating Floyd until i see how Floyd performs on May 4. I give Floyd the SLIGHT edge. A lot of people like to discredit Floyd's win over Cotto saying how he lost a step without giving credit to Cotto for making it a tough fight. Rather than giving Cotto credit for being a solid opponent they say Floyd's legs are gone which i don't see because Floyd moved ALOT in that fight. Maybe not as much as he used to, but he moved ALOT. In fact Cotto MADE Floyd use his legs in that fight.

As for Trout, I've had the privilege of encountering him at the press tour and weigh-in for his Cotto fight. Very cool dude. He let the fans pose with his belt and all. lol Trout kinda reminds me of Sergio Martinez. He's earning his recognition the hard way, nothing was given to him but a fight contract. Yes he has Al Haymon in his corner but its obvious he's not getting the same push that Berto or Broner got. Trout earned the right to call himself a world champion.

And as for Canelo.. he needs to stop focusing on his next opponent after 4/20 and start focusing on the monster he has in front of him. But this will be a great fight.
daprofessor
QUOTE (Marcus @ Apr 4 2013, 08:17 PM) *
I actually think there's a possibility we could see that down the road. Floyd would probably make him fight Ishe Smith first or something. We already see how much the fans are demanding Mayweather-Canelo. I just think the value of a Mayweather-Trout fight needs to increase for Floyd to really consider it. But the ticket sales/views for Trout-Canelo/Trout-Cotto should definitely get Floyd's attention. I can't really say if i can see Trout beating Floyd until i see how Floyd performs on May 4. I give Floyd the SLIGHT edge. A lot of people like to discredit Floyd's win over Cotto saying how he lost a step without giving credit to Cotto for making it a tough fight. Rather than giving Cotto credit for being a solid opponent they say Floyd's legs are gone which i don't see because Floyd moved ALOT in that fight. Maybe not as much as he used to, but he moved ALOT. In fact Cotto MADE Floyd use his legs in that fight.

As for Trout, I've had the privilege of encountering him at the press tour and weigh-in for his Cotto fight. Very cool dude. He let the fans pose with his belt and all. lol Trout kinda reminds me of Sergio Martinez. He's earning his recognition the hard way, nothing was given to him but a fight contract. Yes he has Al Haymon in his corner but its obvious he's not getting the same push that Berto or Broner got. Trout earned the right to call himself a world champion.

And as for Canelo.. he needs to stop focusing on his next opponent after 4/20 and start focusing on the monster he has in front of him. But this will be a great fight.

i saw a few interviews where canelo stated that he isn't thinking about anyone but trout. he's going to need to pull out all the stops to beat trout. trout is a bigger, faster, slicker guy. it's going to be interesting.
The Original MrFactor
I've admired this cat for a while. He's a nice kid and deserving. I hope he does achieve greatness. Canelo is in trouble.
Dolimite
QUOTE (Marcus @ Apr 4 2013, 06:17 PM) *

QUOTE (daprofessor @ Apr 4 2013, 06:22 PM) *
i saw a few interviews where canelo stated that he isn't thinking about anyone but trout. he's going to need to pull out all the stops to beat trout. trout is a bigger, faster, slicker guy. it's going to be interesting.

He actually has mentioned Mayweather. I think Alvarez shot himself in the foot by not being on this May 4th PPV. He could of been introduced to a larger audience but that is what ego does to you.
Franchize
At first, I was reading this like where is he going with this. By the end, however, he brought the whole Love theme home and I was like WOW, that was some profound stuff there. As some of you may know, I have a HUGE respect for those who work to perfect their craft. I can't stand people with tons of talent and no actual skill. (see Amir Khan). Part of why I became more than a casual boxing fan is when I started watching guys train. When I began watching guys like B-Hop, Mayweather, Winky Wright etc just master the psychological aspect of their sport so much more than everybody else. The ability to become technically sound and fight off the temptation of squandering the opportunity to develop into a great, for the sake of landing the big shot or doing something fundamentally incorrect for the sake of ooohhh and ahhhs and fan appreciation...THAT is what I appreciate about this kid. THAT is what I appreciate about Andre Ward. THAT is why I think Mikey Garcia is the most impressive Top Prank fighter Bob Arum has. THAT is what I'll be looking for the next time Terence Crawford fights. That dedication to perfecting your craft above all else. The ability to say "I don't mind getting booed as long as I'm truly getting better." I hope this kid has a bright future

p.s. As for Floyd, let's get serious... he doesn't owe anybody a fight with Austin Trout. That's ridiculous. Trout should be fighting guys like GGG and Sergio Martinez. It has to stop somewhere man.
mgrover
QUOTE (Franchize @ Apr 5 2013, 02:04 PM) *
At first, I was reading this like where is he going with this. By the end, however, he brought the whole Love theme home and I was like WOW, that was some profound stuff there. As some of you may know, I have a HUGE respect for those who work to perfect their craft. I can't stand people with tons of talent and no actual skill. (see Amir Khan). Part of why I became more than a casual boxing fan is when I started watching guys train. When I began watching guys like B-Hop, Mayweather, Winky Wright etc just master the psychological aspect of their sport so much more than everybody else. The ability to become technically sound and fight off the temptation of squandering the opportunity to develop into a great, for the sake of landing the big shot or doing something fundamentally incorrect for the sake of ooohhh and ahhhs and fan appreciation...THAT is what I appreciate about this kid. THAT is what I appreciate about Andre Ward. THAT is why I think Mikey Garcia is the most impressive Top Prank fighter Bob Arum has. THAT is what I'll be looking for the next time Terence Crawford fights. That dedication to perfecting your craft above all else. The ability to say "I don't mind getting booed as long as I'm truly getting better." I hope this kid has a bright future

p.s. As for Floyd, let's get serious... he doesn't owe anybody a fight with Austin Trout. That's ridiculous. Trout should be fighting guys like GGG and Sergio Martinez. It has to stop somewhere man.

I'd love for that fight. Trout vs GGG or Sergio I mean lol
scdrking2
I cant wait for this one. People talk as if this is a fight of peers, but to me, this is a huge step up fight for Alvarez due to the size, skill and movement of Trout.
daprofessor
QUOTE (Dolimite @ Apr 5 2013, 05:14 AM) *

He actually has mentioned Mayweather. I think Alvarez shot himself in the foot by not being on this May 4th PPV. He could of been introduced to a larger audience but that is what ego does to you.

i know it wasn't ppv in mexico...but he's done extremely impressive numbers there. all the mexican fans that i know are high on this kid. i've not seen the mexican fans light up about a fighter like this since chavez sr. if he pulls off this win impressively...he's not gonna need floyd for a while.
daprofessor
QUOTE (Franchize @ Apr 5 2013, 08:04 AM) *

solid post. i like that crawford kid. skill wise...he's at the head of the pack at toprank.

true...floyd doesn't owe anyone anything....but the canelo fight has been talked about for a while. if trout should beat canelo...he is the front runner to face floyd imo.
mgrover
Expect a rematch with Canelo if he beats him.
Cshel86
QUOTE (Dolimite @ Apr 5 2013, 06:14 AM) *

Fuck Canelo!

Over 1.5M people saw him obliterate Mosley last May, so he needs to do as he's doing now, and headline his own stuff. The attitude that he took up, against the guy who's been giving him free top shelf PPV exposure, was a slap in the face.

In a way, I agree that he did shoot himself in the foot by not participating on the May 4th card. Had he been fighting on that card, it would've been against somebody that they knew he could have beaten. NOW, he copped a shit attitude and ended up signing to fight a guy who can very well jeopardize his dream fight.

Don't you just love fighters with sissy attitudes and a false sense of accomplishment? laugh.gif
daprofessor
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Apr 5 2013, 07:36 PM) *
Fuck Canelo!

Over 1.5M people saw him obliterate Mosley last May, so he needs to do as he's doing now, and headline his own stuff. The attitude that he took up, against the guy who's been giving him free top shelf PPV exposure, was a slap in the face.

In a way, I agree that he did shoot himself in the foot by not participating on the May 4th card. Had he been fighting on that card, it would've been against somebody that they knew he could have beaten. NOW, he copped a shit attitude and ended up signing to fight a guy who can very well jeopardize his dream fight.

Don't you just love fighters with sissy attitudes and a false sense of accomplishment? laugh.gif

i think canelo drives up the numbers. he knows this. can't fault him for wanting to build and do his own thing.

also....i have to give him major props for even taking this fight with trout. let's be honest about it. he could have ducked him and it wouldn't have been an issue to anyone but the diehards. he's seriously rolling the dice on this match and i have to say...this is what builds legacies.
Cshel86
QUOTE (daprofessor @ Apr 5 2013, 10:24 PM) *
i think canelo drives up the numbers. he knows this. can't fault him for wanting to build and do his own thing.

also....i have to give him major props for even taking this fight with trout. let's be honest about it. he could have ducked him and it wouldn't have been an issue to anyone but the diehards. he's seriously rolling the dice on this match and i have to say...this is what builds legacies.

I agree that he drives up the numbers, but just by a small margin. I don't think anybody was on the fence with ordering Mayweather/Cotto, because of Canelo/Mosley. I seriously wanna know what kind of numbers he can pull in, since his Mexican counterpart (Julio) did about 400k.

As for him taking this Trout fight, think about it...why was he trying soooo hard to get Floyd to sign for a September fight, if he agreed to fight Trout on May 4th on Floyd's undercard?

I'm not the smartest man in the world, but it sounds like Canelo wanted that "guarantee" to fight Floyd, regardless of whether or not he won or lost to Trout. I didn't hear him giving that ultimatum in regards to fighting anybody else on May 4th (Angulo, Molina, whoever), but for some reason, he mentioned Trout's name.

I can also agree to give him credit for even taking the fight, especially after Floyd blew off the ultimatum.
bnoles4life
QUOTE (mgrover @ Apr 5 2013, 06:13 PM) *
Expect a rematch with Canelo if he beats him.

+1. Oscar needs to maximize that matchup, providing it isn't disgustingly one-sided for Trout.
Franchize
I hate this new trend of saying a guy ducked you when you know you didn't even belong on their radar not too long ago. I'm kinda hoping Trout starches this Carrot top looking motherfucker up now. I fucks with Trout because he's EARNING his way to the top. Not beating bums and getting fights based on what he says in the interview afterwards.
daprofessor
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Apr 5 2013, 09:33 PM) *
I agree that he drives up the numbers, but just by a small margin. I don't think anybody was on the fence with ordering Mayweather/Cotto, because of Canelo/Mosley. I seriously wanna know what kind of numbers he can pull in, since his Mexican counterpart (Julio) did about 400k.

As for him taking this Trout fight, think about it...why was he trying soooo hard to get Floyd to sign for a September fight, if he agreed to fight Trout on May 4th on Floyd's undercard?

I'm not the smartest man in the world, but it sounds like Canelo wanted that "guarantee" to fight Floyd, regardless of whether or not he won or lost to Trout. I didn't hear him giving that ultimatum in regards to fighting anybody else on May 4th (Angulo, Molina, whoever), but for some reason, he mentioned Trout's name.

I can also agree to give him credit for even taking the fight, especially after Floyd blew off the ultimatum.

canelo knows about his own curse. he tried to run it on floyd. laugh.gif
Cshel86
QUOTE (daprofessor @ Apr 7 2013, 05:55 PM) *
canelo knows about his own curse. he tried to run it on floyd. laugh.gif

Right, not to mention the whole, "I want Floyd to guarantee me a fight in September, so I can "step up" in the public's eyes and get my ass kicked by this other black guy (Trout)".

daprofessor
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Apr 7 2013, 07:15 PM) *
Right, not to mention the whole, "I want Floyd to guarantee me a fight in September, so I can "step up" in the public's eyes and get my ass kicked by this other black guy (Trout)".

pretty much. laugh.gif
Franchize
Floyd fights guys when they're near their peak. Not necessarily peak as far as talent and ability but peak as far as popularity. Why would he guarantee a guy a fight when he could very easily get his ass whooped by Trout. In fact, I'm leaning towards Trout in this one...especially now. I think Canelo is thinking about everyone but Trout and Austin has a one track mind.
checkleft
QUOTE (Franchize @ Apr 7 2013, 12:35 PM) *
I hate this new trend of saying a guy ducked you when you know you didn't even belong on their radar not too long ago. I'm kinda hoping Trout starches this Carrot top looking motherfucker up now. I fucks with Trout because he's EARNING his way to the top. Not beating bums and getting fights based on what he says in the interview afterwards.

Kill that shit, Great post!

While trout was grinding getting Ws against guys like D-rod and cotto this motherfucker was fighting welterweights.
aTYpicalTYrant
"When the bell rings, two men will remain in the ring. No fans, trainer, or family will be there to help us rise to glory. A man must look me in the eye and be completely honest with himself in that moment. He must ask himself if he is great. He will struggle with desire as I will force him to question himself with every punch that I throw. In the end, there will be doubt on his part. I donít question my desire. There is ĎNo Doubtí that when he looks me in the eyes that I will be ready!"
-Austin Trout

I'm seriously becoming a fan of this dude. I love the way he carries himself and his approach to the sport. I honestly hope that he is successful in this fight. (I was putting money on him any way lol)
mgrover
QUOTE (aTYpicalTYrant @ Apr 11 2013, 03:26 PM) *
"When the bell rings, two men will remain in the ring. No fans, trainer, or family will be there to help us rise to glory. A man must look me in the eye and be completely honest with himself in that moment. He must ask himself if he is great. He will struggle with desire as I will force him to question himself with every punch that I throw. In the end, there will be doubt on his part. I donít question my desire. There is ĎNo Doubtí that when he looks me in the eyes that I will be ready!"
-Austin Trout

I'm seriously becoming a fan of this dude. I love the way he carries himself and his approach to the sport. I honestly hope that he is successful in this fight. (I was putting money on him any way lol)

My monies already on, two bets, one for profit the other for pride.
VJones
QUOTE (aTYpicalTYrant @ Apr 11 2013, 09:26 AM) *
-Austin Trout

I just said as much on the Alvarez/Trout thread. Loving his blog and becoming a fan more and more. Ready for this fight!
Dolimite
Trout has a great future after boxing. He will be a great sport's writer! He is very intelligent and the only thing Saul can say is what? I can not wait until next week. Even though it will be a robbery, Saul will be losing fans and steam.
neophyte7
Saul is getting stopped
VJones
QUOTE (Dolimite @ Apr 11 2013, 06:13 PM) *
Trout has a great future after boxing. He will be a great sport's writer! He is very intelligent and the only thing Saul can say is what? I can not wait until next week. Even though it will be a robbery, Saul will be losing fans and steam.

You're really sold on the robbery, huh? wink.gif I dunno...I haven't settled on my prediction yet, but I'm thinking Saul is going to be outclassed. So much so, to leave no room for doubt. (Pun intended). Austin's confidence level seems to have finally caught up with his skill/talent level. That's a dangerous potion.
Dolimite
QUOTE (VJones @ Apr 12 2013, 12:25 AM) *
You're really sold on the robbery, huh? wink.gif I dunno...I haven't settled on my prediction yet, but I'm thinking Saul is going to be outclassed. So much so, to leave no room for doubt. (Pun intended). Austin's confidence level seems to have finally caught up with his skill/talent level. That's a dangerous potion.

see chavez sr. and sweet pea. same setting....robbery. there was no way that fight was a draw. austin is getting railroaded, gb has build their entire company around this kid. Oscar is his personal mouth piece.
BrutUalBK
It's just like Jeff Mayweather stated; Trout has to win 9 of the 12 rounds just to get a decision!! I believe if this fight is anywhere near close that AT cannot get the V, he should just say the hell with it and go all out for the KO, just make it a fight and forget trying to box because even if he wins and the rounds are close he will not get the W.
mgrover
QUOTE (BrutUalBK @ Apr 12 2013, 12:57 PM) *
It's just like Jeff Mayweather stated; Trout has to win 9 of the 12 rounds just to get a decision!! I believe if this fight is anywhere near close that AT cannot get the V, he should just say the hell with it and go all out for the KO, just make it a fight and forget trying to box because even if he wins and the rounds are close he will not get the W.

I think if he makes it a fight he loses. It he's there to be hit Canelo can rely on his physical attributes to carry him through then
Franchize
Every time I hear Trout talk about this fight, I feel like Day Day in Friday After Next. "I LIKE that nigga man!"
daprofessor
QUOTE (aTYpicalTYrant @ Apr 11 2013, 09:26 AM) *
-Austin Trout

His style in the ring and his writing oozes with intelligence and the confidence that comes with it. Pure class.
bnoles4life
If his heart truly burns w/ the fire, that is expressed in print, this dude is going to be better than ANY of us realize. Canelo, to quote a Michael Jordan commercial, "you'd better eat your Wheaties.."
aTYpicalTYrant
QUOTE (bnoles4life @ Apr 13 2013, 08:59 AM) *
If his heart truly burns w/ the fire, that is expressed in print, this dude is going to be better than ANY of us realize. Canelo, to quote a Michael Jordan commercial, "you'd better eat your Wheaties.."

I hope we are witnessing the emergence of someone special..... If so, the lack of hype makes this refreshing. I "thought" I liked this guy before. Now that I've heard his approach and passion for the sport I'm a fan for real. I really hope he's successful.
wolterb
^lol

i love that trout prints his thoughts. i think trout alvarez has foty candidate all over it. two young upncomers that have everything to lose and both are gonna show up for more than $
Franchize
QUOTE (wolterb @ Apr 13 2013, 11:35 AM) *
^lol

i love that trout prints his thoughts. i think trout alvarez has foty candidate all over it. two young upncomers that have everything to lose and both are gonna show up for more than $

They won't win it thought because they might actually be BOXING in a boxing match, and we all know that's a no no among fans nowadays lol
emd01
QUOTE (Franchize @ Apr 13 2013, 07:56 AM) *
They won't win it thought because they might actually be BOXING in a boxing match, and we all know that's a no no among fans nowadays lol
lol
daprofessor
i wonder if someone is writing for him...or are these his actual words? i noticed the comment section is closed. that's a good thing. tired of reading the ignorant comments that usually follow.
checkleft
If trout comes into the fight half as determined as rigo did he will shut canelo down. Trout has all the tools to beat him and it sounds like he has the intelligence to use them. Canelo is very laid back and maybe that's just him. One thing is for sure, I think were in for a treat Saturday.
daprofessor
QUOTE (checkleft @ Apr 15 2013, 07:15 PM) *
If trout comes into the fight half as determined as rigo did he will shut canelo down. Trout has all the tools to beat him and it sounds like he has the intelligence to use them. Canelo is very laid back and maybe that's just him. One thing is for sure, I think were in for a treat Saturday.

4 weekends in a row!!! when's the last time that happened?
checkleft
It's been a long time.. but we've had a very good runs of at least the right guy winning even tho the scores might ne bad, but I think that comes to an end this weekend if trout outboxes canelo. I really don't believe they will give him the fight on points. The best I can see him getting is a draw. There's just too much money in canelo
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.