Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Donaire vs Rigondeaux (Preview Thread-No Spoilers)
FightHype Community > BOXING HYPE > Boxing
Pages: 1, 2
Jovi
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R1KO4RuYpY8...h?v=R1KO4RuYpY8 Nonito Donaire vs Rafael Concepcion Highlights

I just saw this vid and all i could think about was if it was Rigondeaux instead of Rafael. Will Nonaire's left hook be less effective because of Rigondeaux's southpaw stance and shoulder roll?. Marroquin hurt him with a few left hooks. This guy wasn't really slick at all and was making Nonito run around the ring, his face may not have showed anguish but running back like that with your hands down seemed like some survival mode tactic.

Idk if people are giving my dude Rigondeaux a good chance. I can confidently say that Rigondeaux will win by KO. But anything can happen.

Thoughts?
mgrover
While I'd like to say its rigondeux I think Donaire will take it. His activity will just be a lot higher than Rigondeux, and yes I know that's not what its all about but if you throw more your likely to land more, the amount Rigondeux throws he'd have to land every single shot
Cshel86
QUOTE (Jovi @ Apr 6 2013, 10:00 AM) *
Marroquin hurt him with a few left hooks.

Exactly! I've been preaching this for months. I was in Vegas during that fight, and it looked worse live. As much as I cant stand Donaire, I'll be the first to say that he stops Rigondeaux. The biggest question is, will Donaire run through him, or will it take some time?
Cheesey1
Sticking with Rigondeaux. Especially interested to see if his new trainer will mean better movement.
Dolimite
I like Rigondeaux! He seems to be faster than most of The Flab's opponents and he doesn't stand in front of his opponents plus he has good head movement and he has a nice jab and a punch to go with it! Donaire is going to have his hands full. The question is, can Donaire take a flush punch? He has faced soft opposition and when he steps in the ring with a fighter then we will see what he is made of!
checkleft
I think donaire can beat Rigo. But he just doesn't fight REAL opponents. It's sad when he's on p4p lists and this guys first real threat is an older amateur legend with only a handful of pro fights. I can't understand how people get off saying broner fights nobodies and migits and then turn around and put Donaire on their p4p list
The Original MrFactor
I'm starting to lean the way of Rigondeaux. I think he's a tough guy. This is Donaire's biggest fight since he clubbed Vic and made a name for himself. Rigondeaux has had big (NON PRO) fights. I think he may nab Nonito.
Jovi
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Apr 6 2013, 05:46 PM) *
Exactly! I've been preaching this for months. I was in Vegas during that fight, and it looked worse live. As much as I cant stand Donaire, I'll be the first to say that he stops Rigondeaux. The biggest question is, will Donaire run through him, or will it take some time?

You have, which made me watch the fight. Marroquin is no joke though, Marroquin is a better opponent's than all of the opponents Nonito took on last year IMO. He was tall and had that killer left hook like Donaire, but he still got a hurting put on him.

The better opposition for Rigondeaux gets, he still makes his opponents look the same. With Donaire he has the power but every opponent exposes more weaknesses.

Donaire doesn't remind anyone of an asian Hearns? style wise
Cshel86
QUOTE (Jovi @ Apr 6 2013, 08:02 PM) *
You have, which made me watch the fight. Marroquin is no joke though, Marroquin is a better opponent's than all of the opponents Nonito took on last year IMO. He was tall and had that killer left hook like Donaire, but he still got a hurting put on him.

The better opposition for Rigondeaux gets, he still makes his opponents look the same. With Donaire he has the power but every opponent exposes more weaknesses.

I can rock with that. The last formidable opponent that I remember Donaire fighting, was Vasquez Jr. last February, but since then, nobody special.

We could blame Rigo's performance in that fight, on the managerial/contractual issues that he had leading up to that fight. I believe his opponent changed, and the fight was actually put on hold/cancelled for a short period of time...that's if my memory serves me correctly.

You're correct about Donaire's opponents exposing him in every other fight. We could blame that on his ongoing hand injury too, but hey, it all depends. Usually, guys that have a stiff jab (and actually uses it) and knows how to navigate through the ring, gives Donaire problems. Last year, he looked like he had eaten some scallops after a couple of his fights...the Vasquez fight in particular.

This is an interesting bout, but I believe Doanire's leaping hook will get to Rigo's chin faster than anybody he's ever fought.

bnoles4life
I like Riggs in this match, but I can see Nonito taking this, as well. IMO, Riggs has a lot of "yard to mow", in that, Donaire is the draw, Arum is pushing him rather than Riggs and the crowd's "oooh and aaaahhh" factor.
Cshel86
QUOTE (bnoles4life @ Apr 6 2013, 08:40 PM) *
I like Riggs in this match, but I can see Nonito taking this, as well. IMO, Riggs has a lot of "yard to mow", in that, Donaire is the draw, Arum is pushing him rather than Riggs and the crowd's "oooh and aaaahhh" factor.

Oh the joy...

Jovi
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Apr 6 2013, 08:22 PM) *
I can rock with that. The last formidable opponent that I remember Donaire fighting, was Vasquez Jr. last February, but since then, nobody special.

We could blame Rigo's performance in that fight, on the managerial/contractual issues that he had leading up to that fight. I believe his opponent changed, and the fight was actually put on hold/cancelled for a short period of time...that's if my memory serves me correctly.

You're correct about Donaire's opponents exposing him in every other fight. We could blame that on his ongoing hand injury too, but hey, it all depends. Usually, guys that have a stiff jab (and actually uses it) and knows how to navigate through the ring, gives Donaire problems. Last year, he looked like he had eaten some scallops after a couple of his fights...the Vasquez fight in particular.

This is an interesting bout, but I believe Doanire's leaping hook will get to Rigo's chin faster than anybody he's ever fought.

That's why i know the fight will end in Knock out! smile.gif.
daprofessor
QUOTE (Jovi @ Apr 6 2013, 09:00 AM) *
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R1KO4RuYpY8...h?v=R1KO4RuYpY8 Nonito Donaire vs Rafael Concepcion Highlights

I just saw this vid and all i could think about was if it was Rigondeaux instead of Rafael. Will Nonaire's left hook be less effective because of Rigondeaux's southpaw stance and shoulder roll?. Marroquin hurt him with a few left hooks. This guy wasn't really slick at all and was making Nonito run around the ring, his face may not have showed anguish but running back like that with your hands down seemed like some survival mode tactic.

Idk if people are giving my dude Rigondeaux a good chance. I can confidently say that Rigondeaux will win by KO. But anything can happen.

Thoughts?

i was at this fight and it was much closer than they scored it. donaire was flat out running at some points and he looked awful. to concepcions credit...that dude was rough!

i think rigondeaux has a solid chance to win this. i'm leaning towards him...but this is about as even as you can get! i can't wait!!!
daprofessor
QUOTE (mgrover @ Apr 6 2013, 12:57 PM) *
While I'd like to say its rigondeux I think Donaire will take it. His activity will just be a lot higher than Rigondeux, and yes I know that's not what its all about but if you throw more your likely to land more, the amount Rigondeux throws he'd have to land every single shot

that's what he does....and every shot counts.
daprofessor
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Apr 6 2013, 04:46 PM) *

this reminds me of when torres and corley were able to rock cotto....or when trinidad would get dropped in his fights...and it was the reason everyone would pick against him in his next tough fight. the thing that everyone seems to be missing is this: what did he do after he got rocked? everyone gets hurt at one time or another...it's what you do afterwards that impresses me. in rigondeaux's case...he did NOT let marroquin follow up with anything and he came back to drop him and rock him on more than one occasion.

i also look at donaire's fight against narvaez. narvaez was a southpaw who stood at 5'3 and came up in weight to fight donaire. donaire couldn't do shit against him and dude put hands on him more than once. narvaez wasn't a big puncher. rigondeaux is. this is going to be interesting.
daprofessor
QUOTE (Dolimite @ Apr 6 2013, 05:00 PM) *
I like Rigondeaux! He seems to be faster than most of The Flab's opponents and he doesn't stand in front of his opponents plus he has good head movement and he has a nice jab and a punch to go with it! Donaire is going to have his hands full. The question is, can Donaire take a flush punch? He has faced soft opposition and when he steps in the ring with a fighter then we will see what he is made of!

in his last few fights....except for the one against arce and nishioka...he's been getting hit more and more. wv2 hit him often. mathebula landed on him repeatedly. narvaez was able to land as well. none of them can punch like rigondeaux.
daprofessor
QUOTE (Jovi @ Apr 6 2013, 07:02 PM) *

that's a high complement to pay him.
daprofessor
QUOTE (bnoles4life @ Apr 6 2013, 07:40 PM) *

this fight is going to be in nyc. i believe there are more cubans than filipinos there. the crowd may favor rigondeaux. also...let's not forget that donaire's last performance in nyc was against narvaez and plenty of the fans boo'd that. it's still in his head...he mentioned it in any interview. if he comes trying to right that wrong and seeking to impress the crowd...that may play to rigondeaux's favor.
Plah
QUOTE (daprofessor @ Apr 7 2013, 06:18 PM) *
that's a high complement to pay him.

My thoughts exactly. He did say style wise though.
bnoles4life
QUOTE (daprofessor @ Apr 7 2013, 05:06 PM) *
i was at this fight and it was much closer than they scored it. donaire was flat out running at some points and he looked awful. to concepcions credit...that dude was rough!

i think rigondeaux has a solid chance to win this. i'm leaning towards him...but this is about as even as you can get! i can't wait!!!

+1 Prof.

I love Nonito's skill set and talent. However, I think some on this thread are really overlooking Riggs skillset. While I'll admit, neither have faced an opponent w/ the talent of the other, I really like Rigg's chances in this one. That being said, I know who's the cash cow, who the promoter is backing and who the majority of the fans are coming to see. Good luck, Rigo...you're gonna eff'n need it.
bnoles4life
QUOTE (daprofessor @ Apr 7 2013, 05:21 PM) *
this fight is going to be in nyc. i believe there are more cubans than filipinos there. the crowd may favor rigondeaux. also...let's not forget that donaire's last performance in nyc was against narvaez and plenty of the fans boo'd that. it's still in his head...he mentioned it in any interview. if he comes trying to right that wrong and seeking to impress the crowd...that may play to rigondeaux's favor.

Maybe, but if you know like I know, Pinoys and Pinays are EVERYWHERE...lol. They'll come out in droves for Nonito, especially since Manny still seems to be on his Tempur-pedic, courtesy of one JMM. Believe me, if there was remotely a chance of Nonito being out "supported" in this one, I doubt The Bobfather would have it in NYC. This, as you've eluded toward, was to get more interest in Cubans. **Which begs the question, why hasn't EACH and every one of Rigs fights been in Miami?**
Cshel86
QUOTE (daprofessor @ Apr 7 2013, 06:15 PM) *
this reminds me of when torres and corley were able to rock cotto....or when trinidad would get dropped in his fights...and it was the reason everyone would pick against him in his next tough fight. the thing that everyone seems to be missing is this: what did he do after he got rocked? everyone gets hurt at one time or another...it's what you do afterwards that impresses me. in rigondeaux's case...he did NOT let marroquin follow up with anything and he came back to drop him and rock him on more than one occasion.

i also look at donaire's fight against narvaez. narvaez was a southpaw who stood at 5'3 and came up in weight to fight donaire. donaire couldn't do shit against him and dude put hands on him more than once. narvaez wasn't a big puncher. rigondeaux is. this is going to be interesting.

Anytime I think of Cotto (in his early days) and Tito getting hurt, it's not about what they did after they got up, it was more about how much of it was actually legal. laugh.gif

I remember the Cotto/Corley fight being full of fouls, and I don't quite remember if he pushed the envelope in the Torres fight (in regards to fouls). As for Tito, who can forget round 4 of the Vargas fight? I get your point though, most of the fights in which they were hurt, they either came back and won, or they survived all the way to the championship rounds.

Rigo did a decent job of holding in the Marroquin fight after being hurt. However, there's nothing really special about Marroquin's left hook and straight right hand, which is the complete opposite situation from Donaire's standpoint. Honestly, I believe Arum made the Donaire/Rigo fight, based off of Rigo's hard moments of that fight.

As big as Marroquin was, I believe Donaire will be that size or bigger...plus he'll be more athletic than anybody Rigo's been in in with. I believe that the key to this fight is Rigo landing a couple of somewhat big shots early to get Donaire's respect. In all honesty, those big Marroquin hooks that hurt Rigo, landed in the temple area, so to be fair to Rigo, we don't know if his chin is bad or not.

QUOTE (bnoles4life @ Apr 7 2013, 07:28 PM) *
Maybe, but if you know like I know, Pinoys and Pinays are EVERYWHERE...lol. They'll come out in droves for Nonito, especially since Manny still seems to be on his Tempur-pedic, courtesy of one JMM. Believe me, if there was remotely a chance of Nonito being out "supported" in this one, I doubt The Bobfather would have it in NYC. This, as you've eluded toward, was to get more interest in Cubans. **Which begs the question, why hasn't EACH and every one of Rigs fights been in Miami?**

The same question can be asked about Gamboa when he was with Arum. Maybe Arum knows something that we don't know about revenue in Miami. I believe he attempted to hold the Rios/Gamboa presser in Miami, but Gamboa never showed up.

There must be something that we don't know. I believe that's the whole reason why we never got Gamboa/Juanma. Juanma was a big ticket in PR and decent one in the States...the same couldn't be said about Gamboa though. Maybe it was Arum's plan of making it a "superfight" along with the endless requirements of such a superfight caliber, that killed it when Lopez got KO's by Salido.
The Original MrFactor
QUOTE (Jovi @ Apr 6 2013, 08:02 PM) *

Good call. He's tallish and has a right hand from the depths of hell.
daprofessor
QUOTE (bnoles4life @ Apr 7 2013, 06:23 PM) *
+1 Prof.

I love Nonito's skill set and talent. However, I think some on this thread are really overlooking Riggs skillset. While I'll admit, neither have faced an opponent w/ the talent of the other, I really like Rigg's chances in this one. That being said, I know who's the cash cow, who the promoter is backing and who the majority of the fans are coming to see. Good luck, Rigo...you're gonna eff'n need it.

he may need to stop him to get the decision. laugh.gif
daprofessor
QUOTE (bnoles4life @ Apr 7 2013, 06:28 PM) *

seriously. these guys, and all the promoters who work with the defected cubans, have failed them. arum...i'm convinced, is not good for fighters unless they're mexican or filipino. he's taking the formula he's used with them to china now. rigondeax is by far better than most of arums fighters. he will get promoted the least. if he should beat donaire....look for nothing as a follow up. especially if he starches nonito.
mgrover
QUOTE (daprofessor @ Apr 7 2013, 11:07 PM) *
that's what he does....and every shot counts.

It does, but you know what judges are like. I think if Donaire looks like he's outworking Rigo he'll get the decision.
daprofessor
QUOTE (mgrover @ Apr 8 2013, 04:17 PM) *
It does, but you know what judges are like. I think if Donaire looks like he's outworking Rigo he'll get the decision.

yeah. that's accurate.
mikE11
My favorite, and perhaps the best, matchup since Calzaghe vs Kessler.

I want Rigondeaux to win and believe he has a good chance, but I can see why Donaire is the -285 favorite.

High risk/low reward for Donaire. He wins too easily and Rigondeaux is looked at as an overrated, hyped am.
He loses, and the p4p glory he's maintained for a few years is erased.

Otoh, Rigondeaux gains with anything other than a blowout loss.
daprofessor
mares went on record and is predicting donaire by 7th rd tko. laugh.gif

he doesn't want to fight rigondeaux either.
bnoles4life
QUOTE (daprofessor @ Apr 8 2013, 03:51 PM) *
he may need to stop him to get the decision. laugh.gif

Indeed
Genius
Donaire beats him. I think you may see Rigo "winning the boxing match" but not clearly, thus Donaire walks away with a close decision victory. Rigo gotta let those hands go and be in control of the fight.
Cshel86
QUOTE (mikE11 @ Apr 8 2013, 07:50 PM) *
My favorite, and perhaps the best, matchup since Calzaghe vs Kessler.

I want Rigondeaux to win and believe he has a good chance, but I can see why Donaire is the -285 favorite.

High risk/low reward for Donaire. He wins too easily and Rigondeaux is looked at as an overrated, hyped am.
He loses, and the p4p glory he's maintained for a few years is erased.

Otoh, Rigondeaux gains with anything other than a blowout loss.

Couldn't agree more.

Rigondeaux doesn't throw much, but when he does, shit happens. Most of Donaire's opponents don't throw many punches, so that makes this fight that much more interesting. IF Rigo can be first, then this should be good.

If he waits too long (because he is a patient fighter), and allows Donaire's confidence and lack of respect prevail, then we'll see most are predicting...a TKO win for Donaire.
Jovi
Rigondeaux's punch output depends more on his opponent. He truly is a counter puncher, he attacks when he sees openings. And Nonaire has had a lot of his openings exposed and will be even more with Rigondeaux's intelligence. Nonaire may go in to trying to be tactical in the beginning or alil shook, and that is where he will he outboxed, out thought and broken down. He can only win using his crazy power to overwhelm Rigondeaux, but Rigondeaux adjusts better than Nonito too. Narvaez showed what happens when Nonito is up against a defensive fighter, he can't break through a solid guard.

Looking familiar to Leonard/Hearns. Gold Medalist vs Tall Lanky slick Super Puncher..

If Nonito loses my cousin loses all hope. He is Filipino and Pac Fan/Mayweather Hater...The only people imma hear him talking about after this fight are Canelo and Sergio...Until Canelo vs Trout and Martinez vs GGG
daprofessor
QUOTE (Jovi @ Apr 9 2013, 11:23 AM) *
Rigondeaux's punch output depends more on his opponent. He truly is a counter puncher, he attacks when he sees openings. And Nonaire has had a lot of his openings exposed and will be even more with Rigondeaux's intelligence. Nonaire may go in to trying to be tactical in the beginning or alil shook, and that is where he will he outboxed, out thought and broken down. He can only win using his crazy power to overwhelm Rigondeaux, but Rigondeaux adjusts better than Nonito too. Narvaez showed what happens when Nonito is up against a defensive fighter, he can't break through a solid guard.

Looking familiar to Leonard/Hearns. Gold Medalist vs Tall Lanky slick Super Puncher..

If Nonito loses my cousin loses all hope. He is Filipino and Pac Fan/Mayweather Hater...The only people imma hear him talking about after this fight are Canelo and Sergio...Until Canelo vs Trout and Martinez vs GGG

great analysis.

i'm sure it's not just your cousin. many filipinos should be on suicide watch if nonito loses. laugh.gif
daprofessor

ok. i'm getting the feeling that the excuses have already started with this video. let me know what you guys think.
mgrover
QUOTE (daprofessor @ Apr 10 2013, 01:01 AM) *

ok. i'm getting the feeling that the excuses have already started with this video. let me know what you guys think.

I don't know just seems like he doesn't want any complications at this stage. On another note whys he fighting a bigger dude that doesn't look slick at all?
Dolimite
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Apr 9 2013, 06:20 AM) *
Couldn't agree more.

Rigondeaux doesn't throw much, but when he does, shit happens. Most of Donaire's opponents don't throw many punches, so that makes this fight that much more interesting. IF Rigo can be first, then this should be good.

If he waits too long (because he is a patient fighter), and allows Donaire's confidence and lack of respect prevail, then we'll see most are predicting...a TKO win for Donaire.

So do you think Rigondeaux's speed will give Donaire issues? I really do like this matchup. I honestly think that he will give Donaire serious fits. He is in his prime, young, not shopped worn and he has a punch that makes you say damn! Donaire's competition has been less than stellar, so we will see how deep and far he can swim because I am thinking that Rigondeaux will take him to those waters. If Rig is blinded by the moment and the lights (Wichita St) they he will lose, but he acts like he is suppose to be there then I think his defense and his offense will take him to where he is trying to go.
daprofessor
QUOTE (mgrover @ Apr 9 2013, 07:20 PM) *
I don't know just seems like he doesn't want any complications at this stage. On another note whys he fighting a bigger dude that doesn't look slick at all?

very good point. maybe that's all the sparring they had available?

another question: where's robert garcia and castanza(conte)?
Cshel86
QUOTE (Dolimite @ Apr 9 2013, 08:38 PM) *
So do you think Rigondeaux's speed will give Donaire issues? I really do like this matchup. I honestly think that he will give Donaire serious fits. He is in his prime, young, not shopped worn and he has a punch that makes you say damn! Donaire's competition has been less than stellar, so we will see how deep and far he can swim because I am thinking that Rigondeaux will take him to those waters. If Rig is blinded by the moment and the lights (Wichita St) they he will lose, but he acts like he is suppose to be there then I think his defense and his offense will take him to where he is trying to go.

It's hard for me to even say that Rigondeaux has speed. I've found it hard to see him throw more than two punches at a time, and we cant even bring up foot speed, because he hardly moves around like normal fighters. Lol

Rigondeaux's just a cool dude...its hard to tell what his next move is, or whether he's hurt or not. Lol
daprofessor
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Apr 9 2013, 08:22 PM) *
It's hard for me to even say that Rigondeaux has speed. I've found it hard to see him throw more than two punches at a time, and we cant even bring up foot speed, because he hardly moves around like normal fighters. Lol

Rigondeaux's just a cool dude...its hard to tell what his next move is, or whether he's hurt or not. Lol

he's fast as shit! but very precise. laser like precision to be exact! that looping left he throws to the live never seems to miss. watching his highlight video...u almost have to slow shit down to catch it.

Cshel86
QUOTE (daprofessor @ Apr 9 2013, 09:25 PM) *
he's fast as shit! but very precise. laser like precision to be exact! that looping left he throws to the live never seems to miss. watching his highlight video...u almost have to slow shit down to catch it.

I guess "precise" is what I was getting at, but for some reason, I couldn't get it out. I'll blame it on the trees though. drag.gif
VJones
Stoked about this one and getting more excited as we count down the days. Rigo is looking terrific. I haven't seen much of Donaire. I was never a big fan of Casamayor, but I'm very pleased to see him in Rigos camp. Something about that seems right. And Pedro Diaz in the corner seems like a better fit than Rubio, whom Rigo sometimes seemed to ignore. The respect is there with Diaz, and the relationship is there from the amateurs. And Diaz's training techniques are so fun to watch, especially with Rigo being so athletic and super fast. He's like a mongoose...Rikki Tikki Tavi (favorite childhood story alert, lol).

So, I'm expecting the little mongoose to bite the head of the bigger cobra and dash the hopes of Arum and HBO...but this will definitely not be an easy fight for Rigo....and the fact that Donaire was so very reluctant speaks volumes to his unspoken acknowledgement that this will be a very difficult fight for him as well.
Cshel86
Is it the 13th yet???
bnoles4life
QUOTE (daprofessor @ Apr 9 2013, 08:25 PM) *

That cat's left to the body is crazy. I like the intrigue of this match up. Donaire, who has shown he has a bit of trouble w/ guys who are really good defensively, will be getting a guy who pretty much stays in his wheel house. To the naked eye, this looks just what the doctor order for Nonito. However, I dunno. It's going to be real interesting to see how cautious or reckless Donaire gets w/n striking range of Rigo.
Jovi
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Apr 10 2013, 10:22 AM) *
Is it the 13th yet???

I been thinking that since yesterday! longest week ever.
MaxPayne
I'm taking Rigondeaux.

I'm watching this Marroquin fight and I simply am watching boxing domination.

Too much experience and too many skills. Movement, compact frame, low center of gravity.

I see this guy frustrating Nonito. I also see Nonito being hit. A lot.

If the judges have been paid off, Nonito wins. Otherwise, it's Rigo all day.
bnoles4life
QUOTE (VJones @ Apr 10 2013, 12:56 AM) *
Stoked about this one and getting more excited as we count down the days. Rigo is looking terrific. I haven't seen much of Donaire. I was never a big fan of Casamayor, but I'm very pleased to see him in Rigos camp. Something about that seems right. And Pedro Diaz in the corner seems like a better fit than Rubio, whom Rigo sometimes seemed to ignore. The respect is there with Diaz, and the relationship is there from the amateurs. And Diaz's training techniques are so fun to watch, especially with Rigo being so athletic and super fast. He's like a mongoose...Rikki Tikki Tavi (favorite childhood story alert, lol).

So, I'm expecting the little mongoose to bite the head of the bigger cobra and dash the hopes of Arum and HBO...but this will definitely not be an easy fight for Rigo....and the fact that Donaire was so very reluctant speaks volumes to his unspoken acknowledgement that this will be a very difficult fight for him as well.

[size="6"][/size]

That was my JOINT!!!! "If you moooove...I will sssssstrike the boooyyy...."
daprofessor
QUOTE (VJones @ Apr 10 2013, 12:56 AM) *

preach!!!
daprofessor
QUOTE (MaxPayne @ Apr 10 2013, 11:04 AM) *
I'm taking Rigondeaux.

Too much experience and too many skills. Movement, compact frame, low center of gravity.

ppl are holding on to that "marroquin rocked rigondeaux" b.s. he landed that shot...but rigondeaux shut it down quick and took back over.
VJones
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Apr 10 2013, 09:22 AM) *
Is it the 13th yet???

Lol...excited much!?! wink.gif But I feel ya...the buzz is really starting to build for me too. Should be a great fight.

QUOTE (MaxPayne @ Apr 10 2013, 11:04 AM) *
I'm taking Rigondeaux.

Agreed!

QUOTE (bnoles4life @ Apr 10 2013, 03:19 PM) *
[size="6"][/size]

That was my JOINT!!!! "If you moooove...I will sssssstrike the boooyyy...."

Big smile! =) Mine too Bnoles, mine too!! Absolutely adored it...the book, movie. Great times!! =)

QUOTE (daprofessor @ Apr 10 2013, 03:25 PM) *
preach!!!

Lol

QUOTE (daprofessor @ Apr 10 2013, 03:29 PM) *
ppl are holding on to that "marroquin rocked rigondeaux" b.s. he landed that shot...but rigondeaux shut it down quick and took back over.

Rewatching the Marroquin fight later. And a Donaire fight...not sure yet which one. But Rigo is looking great...And Donaire appears more solid (if you will), physically, than in recent fights. He's even sporting a tan. But he's also above mandatory weight. 7 pounds over on Monday. 5 extra pounds today. Baby on the way. His "nutritionist" (heavy quotations) left him 3 weeks before the biggest fight of his career....things are getting mighty interesting over at camp Donaire.

Forgive my rhyming...lol. Once I started, kinda had to finish it. Lol
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.