Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: HBO2-@2PM(ET)/11AM(PT) China Boxing SPOILERS
FightHype Community > OTHER HYPE > Archives
Pages: 1, 2
Jack 1000
The HBO 2 card from China is tape delayed according to Fight News by about three hours. If you want to see the fights on HBO 2 without knowing what happened, I would say don't open the thread after 11am (ET)/8AM(PT)

Sad to speak, according to Fight news The Chinese Olympians 4-round pro debut is the fucking main event!

Shame on POS! HBO! I'm passing on this card.

Here is more information about it from Fightnews:

http://www.fightnews.com/Boxing/officials-...u-fights-184380

Jack

Administrator
Cshel86
This kid's 4-round fight is the main event, and he's making $300k

Wow...and I'm saying "wow" out of disgust.

This R. Martinez vs Magdaleno fight should be a good scrap! It might steal the show.
Cshel86
Round 1 Martinez

He landed some solid shots and caught Mag when he missed his shots. Mag picked up the pace towards the end of the round, and kept Martinez off of him.
Cshel86
I tend to forget how strong Martinez is. Mag better be first and stop letting these lead right hands land. I like his counterpunching, but he's letting Martinez get off.
Cshel86
Magdaleno hurt Martinez in the last 30 seconds of that round. He was trying to send his ass to the moon.

2-1 Martinez
Cshel86
Martinez is going to pay, if he keeps coming in with chin out.
Cshel86
Nevermind, Martinez just dropped Magdaleno in the 4th with a right hand.
Cshel86
Im not even sure Mag was hurt by that right hand, because got right back up and got in Martinez's ass for the remainder of the round.

I have the 4th round even.
Cshel86
Nice exchanges in the 5th, but I still gave it to Martinez. Mag is a sucker for a straight hand, he just cant seem to get away from it.

I like Mag's body work, but Martinez is landing with more authority and controlling the pace.
mgrover
if this guy gets china hooked, he'll make em some money

also dude needs to leave freddie lol
Cshel86
QUOTE (mgrover @ Apr 6 2013, 02:30 PM) *
also dude needs to leave freddie lol

Quick, fast, and in a hurry. Lol
Cshel86
Gave the 8th to Magdaleno.

He seems to be able to hurt Martinez on certain occasions, but isn't able to put him down or out.
Cshel86
Mag slightly edged the 9th round. He threw more and stayed out of Martinez's way
Cshel86
Martinez won the 10th, backed Mag up, stalked him, and landed some good shots. You can tell that he stepped on the gas, as if he was thinking of stopping him.

Am I the only one that sees Magdaleno using his head? He's headbutting the hell outta Martinez, and its NOT because of the stances.
Cshel86
Martinez cant miss with that right hand. The way he punches, reminds me of Nick Diaz. They look like arm punches, but they're heavy punches that back you up.

Martinez won the 11th

He doesn't give a shit about what Mag is throwing. He's just walking him down like Jason Vorhees.
Cshel86
The 12th round could've gone either way. I wish Magdaleno had more power.

It's a big chance that Martinez won a close decision. Some rounds could've gone either way, early in the fight. Mag just let some of the early rounds get away from him.
Cshel86
116-11 for Magdaleno? Really?

Martinez wins by split decision
Cshel86
Viloria has some pretty nasty power here.

Obviously he won the 1st round.
Cshel86
Looks like Viloria won the 2nd as well. He boxes like Pacquiao, when ever Pac chooses to box.

Estrada is no pushover either, but he just isn't doing enough. Maybe he's doing a bit too much to stay away from Viloria's right hand.
mrchitown
Viloria threw a nice right hand to end that round
Cshel86
Those leaping hooks to the body by Viloria were damn near cerebral.

3rd round to Viloria

Viloria was actually able to mount a decent offense in that round, because Estrada's movement had him a bit confused early.
Cshel86
Is it safe to say that Estrada stole the 4th round late, or am I giving him too much credit? He shook Viloria up a couple of times in that round.
Cshel86
He shook Estrada up good in the 5th round with that right hand, but as George mentioned, Viloria allowed him to survive.

I dont see this one going more than two more rounds. Estrada's sticking around, but he takes too much time off while trying not to get knocked out.
Cshel86
I wonder if that big shot at the beginning of the round, actually broke Estrada's nose. Yay? Nay?
Cshel86
I think Estrada actually hurt Viloria in the 8th...body language says it all.
mrchitown
Estrada is game and so is Viloria but Estrada would contorl this fight better if he used his jab. He's just walking straight in
Cshel86
Why is Viloria allowing himself to be suckered into a Mexican-type fight? Obviously he didn't get the memo that Mexicans are great inside fighters, and Viloria is getting the worst of it. laugh.gif
Cshel86
QUOTE (mrchitown @ Apr 6 2013, 03:34 PM) *
Estrada is game and so is Viloria but Estrada would contorl this fight better if he used his jab. He's just walking straight in

Right. Apparently Viloria has lost confidence in his fight plan, because he's fighting the wrong fight at the moment. Maybe he's gassing

Estrada won the 9th
mrchitown
Good scrap so far.....and Big George is right, Viloria has no energy and is just trying to tough it out til he gets that second wind
mrchitown
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Apr 6 2013, 02:35 PM) *
Right. Apparently Viloria has lost confidence in his fight plan, because he's fighting the wrong fight at the moment. Maybe he's gassing

Estrada won the 9th

I think he's gassing. I looked at his face when he had that lil flurry to end the last round and he looks tired
Cshel86
QUOTE (mrchitown @ Apr 6 2013, 03:37 PM) *
Good scrap so far.....and Big George is right, Viloria has no energy and is just trying to tough it out til he gets that second wind

QUOTE (mrchitown @ Apr 6 2013, 03:37 PM) *
I think he's gassing. I looked at his face when he had that lil flurry to end the last round and he looks tired

Right, Viloria is getting his ass whooped now.

I thought Estrada was gonna put him down in the 10th. Dude put his combos together like Salido did in the Juanma fight. Lol

mrchitown
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Apr 6 2013, 02:41 PM) *
Right, Viloria is getting his ass whooped now.

I thought Estrada was gonna put him down in the 10th. Dude put his combos together like Salido did in the Juanma fight. Lol

laugh.gif I didn't think if it that way but your right! Viloria is getting a beating right now...Estrada seems to have sensed that Viloria is done

And SMH at Merchant. "He's going to need a real Hawaiian punch"...Merchant just wants us all to know that he's still here laugh.gif
Cshel86
Estrada controlled the 11th as well. Viloris started using his legs to create some distance, then he fell back into the inside fighting.

If Viloria's THAT damn tired, then he needs to stay away from the inside fighting. That shit is more taxing, than using your legs and staying away until you get your second. Its better to lose some "boring" rounds while trying to recover, than to lose a rounds while getting your ass kicked and trying to recover. Smh
mrchitown
Doubt Estrada finishes him here but he's closing the show in impressive fashion!
mrchitown
These two so tired they quit at the 10 second bell laugh.gif
Cshel86
Ooooowee!!!

That 12th round was not for children! I thought Viloria's corner was gonna stop it, because he was done. He's lucky to have survived.

I fuckin' love Mexicans!!!
Cshel86
What was up with that 115-113 card in favor of Viloria???

Gotta love Arum and these weird decisions.

Good to see Estrada get the 'W' under his belt. Great scrap, which I thought was gonna end early.
BrutUalBK
What did yall think of this fight? One judge had Viloria ahead 115-113, what fight was he watching??
Cshel86
QUOTE (BrutUalBK @ Apr 6 2013, 03:55 PM) *
What did yall think of this fight? One judge had Viloria ahead 115-113, what fight was he watching??

Im about to move this to the round by round thread pinned at the top of the board.
mrchitown
Is this Zou dude really doing all that for a 4 round fight lol....This ring entrance is garbage
Cshel86
QUOTE (mrchitown @ Apr 6 2013, 03:57 PM) *
Is this Zou dude really doing all that for a 4 round fight lol....This ring entrance is garbage

I know, right? This dude hasn't even breathed air in a professional fight, and he's getting all of this attention? I agree, the entrance is garbage and uncalled for. Doesn't this dude have the pro debut jitters or somethin? Isn't he supposed to?
Cshel86
The crowd is oohing and ahhing about nothing. Idiots

no2.gif
Cshel86
This Zou dude is an ass cowboy and fights like an Elementary student on the playground. All of these shots are cupping shots, nothing's landed cleanly.
mrchitown
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Apr 6 2013, 02:59 PM) *
I know, right? This dude hasn't even breathed air in a professional fight, and he's getting all of this attention? I agree, the entrance is garbage and uncalled for. Doesn't this dude have the pro debut jitters or somethin? Isn't he supposed to?

He smiling the whole time, he gives me a Pacquiao vibe in terms of that smiling and getting hit BS. And he's a Roach type of fighter, just looking at him, he'll fit right in at the wild card gym lol

IDK why the crowd is making all that noise for punches that aren't even being thrown that hard, remember when the lights went out and Zou's name came up on the screen and they all said AHHHH. They act like that was cutting edge stuff, they must have sex with the lights on or something over there lol
Cshel86
QUOTE (mrchitown @ Apr 6 2013, 04:08 PM) *
He smiling the whole time, he gives me a Pacquiao vibe in terms of that smiling and getting hit BS. And he's a Roach type of fighter, just looking at him, he'll fit right in at the wild card gym lol

IDK why the crowd is making all that noise for punches that aren't even being thrown that hard, remember when the lights went out and Zou's name came up on the screen and they all said AHHHH. They act like that was cutting edge stuff, they must have sex with the lights on or something over there lol

laugh.gif
Cshel86
This bum is gonna make $500k for his next fight? A 4-rounder?! Pffttt....
mrchitown
I'm going to have to see more of Zou and since arum and Roach have put him on a fast track to a title I'll suspect we'll see more of him. But he's not impressing me much. He's the richest 4rd fighter in history lol

Merchant just has to be a TR nuthugger, it never stops
mgrover
Like i said, if he manages to get a decent audience from china you know the place with 1 billion people. He'll make Top Rank money.
Jovi
he needs to get away from Roach before its too late! he is definitely no bruce lee.
Jack 1000
Was the croud really quiet for the undercard fights? As bad as when Douglas KO'd Tyson in Japan and you could hear a pin drop? LOL!

They said Tim Ryan was gonna be one of the commentators. He used to do CBS Sports fights back in the 70's-90's. How was Big George? Merchant, was he there? No Lamply, right? LOL!

Jack
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.