Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Gotta Love Angel Garcia!!!
FightHype Community > BOXING HYPE > Boxing
Cshel86

No words needed...this dude cracks me the hell up! He shit on HBO hard!

laugh.gif

He went a bit far on some of his latter points, but hell, that's Garcia. I don't totally agree with everything that he said, but most of it is hilarious.
haqtiq
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Apr 6 2013, 06:05 PM) *

No words needed...this dude cracks me the hell up! He shit on HBO hard!

laugh.gif

He went a bit far on some of his latter points, but hell, that's Garcia. I don't totally agree with everything that he said, but most of it is hilarious.

My only question is why was this interview not longer. I agree Cshel, this is classic.
flazi
dude is awesome. not eloquent in the least bit but i understand him.
MaxPayne
DAMN ! Did this dude pop some Mollies or some shit ?
BigFightFan
He needs to shut the fuck up and let his son shine. He needs a reality show with his want to be a diva rants.
daprofessor
QUOTE (haqtiq @ Apr 6 2013, 08:21 PM) *
My only question is why was this interview not longer. I agree Cshel, this is classic.

word. angel garcia is the man! i love that dude. laugh.gif
Dolimite
Not to be a hater but people shit on Roger Mayweather for talking shit but Angel gets love for talking the same shit. yeah Angel is a bit clearer in his speech but you it makes you wonder.
daprofessor
QUOTE (Dolimite @ Apr 7 2013, 05:32 PM) *
Not to be a hater but people shit on Roger Mayweather for talking shit but Angel gets love for talking the same shit. yeah Angel is a bit clearer in his speech but you it makes you wonder.

i think you are on to something here!!! they need to collaborate and do a show!!! laugh.gif that shit would be great.
pimpfighterROQ
this guy fucking sickens me. Talks too much shit and his son is the star not fucking him. This is Floyd Snr all over again. Dude needs to stop talking too much shit. Only legit fight Danny has won was knocking the fuck outta Khan. Danny Garcia is the boxer not his diva ass. This motherfucker disrespected Zab Judah at the press conference. Can't wait for someone to fucking spark his son up.
Cshel86
He's one of the very trainers that I like to hear talk. At the most, it's entertainment for me. Gladly Angel isn't in some authoritative position that effects my life personally, therefore, I have no reason to take him that seriously...he's just a boxing trainer.

If anyone believes that he takes the racial issues a bit too far at times, hey, I agree as well. I don't agree enough to get up in arms about it, but he should keep some of this stuff to himself.

PS: Does anybody see Danny's facial expressions when his dad starts talking/ranting? That's some of the funniest stuff ever...looks like he's trying to hold in a fart or somethin'.
Franchize
This was the first rant in which I was yelling PREACH! Most of the time I'm just like awww shut the hell up. This time, he was hitting home with some of his points. I agree with Dolimite though. Roger has been spitting facts for years and people don't love him nearly as much...and Roger forgot more boxing than Angel will ever know.
scdrking2
He reminds me of when some of my uncles would go on one of those race rants. 90% of the time they were speaking from experience and on point. I can see where the training becoming the center piece of attention detracts from his boxer, he event and the sport, but in regard to his HBO comments, they seem to be on point and reflect many of the widely held opinions expressed on this board. How many boxers (not named Floyd Mayweather) are willing to openly express such an opinion at the risk of being banished from HBO?
Gambit808
Seen this yesterday and son had me LMAO but at the same time he's just being real, and I can respect it. It's like I wanna be all in with picking Zab, but I see him being out worked since he don't fire combinations and seems so committed to setting his own pace, which lately would leave him behind on the cards.
daprofessor
QUOTE (Franchize @ Apr 8 2013, 08:01 AM) *
This was the first rant in which I was yelling PREACH! Most of the time I'm just like awww shut the hell up. This time, he was hitting home with some of his points. I agree with Dolimite though. Roger has been spitting facts for years and people don't love him nearly as much...and Roger forgot more boxing than Angel will ever know.

i wasn't on this site much when roger was dropping knowledge. but i've always been a big fan of his speeches. floyd sr too!
daprofessor
QUOTE (pimpfighterROQ @ Apr 7 2013, 11:24 PM) *
this guy fucking sickens me. Talks too much shit and his son is the star not fucking him. This is Floyd Snr all over again. Dude needs to stop talking too much shit. Only legit fight Danny has won was knocking the fuck outta Khan. Danny Garcia is the boxer not his diva ass. This motherfucker disrespected Zab Judah at the press conference. Can't wait for someone to fucking spark his son up.

danny beating holt was very legit.

danny beating morales both times was very legit as well.

angel spoke truth about zab. truth isn't disrespectful. it is what it is. don't hate his son because pops talks shit. that's ridiculous. laugh.gif
daprofessor
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Apr 8 2013, 07:43 AM) *
He's one of the very trainers that I like to hear talk. At the most, it's entertainment for me. Gladly Angel isn't in some authoritative position that effects my life personally, therefore, I have no reason to take him that seriously...he's just a boxing trainer.

If anyone believes that he takes the racial issues a bit too far at times, hey, I agree as well. I don't agree enough to get up in arms about it, but he should keep some of this stuff to himself.

PS: Does anybody see Danny's facial expressions when his dad starts talking/ranting? That's some of the funniest stuff ever...looks like he's trying to hold in a fart or somethin'.

i don't get why everyone is calling this dude racist? what is he saying that is racist? he never saw a pakastani that can fight? how is that racist?

perfect way to describe danny's expressions!!! laugh.gif

the cool thing is that he lets his dad be himself. they work well together. it's like good cop/bad cop. laugh.gif

daprofessor
QUOTE (scdrking2 @ Apr 8 2013, 08:57 AM) *
He reminds me of when some of my uncles would go on one of those race rants. 90% of the time they were speaking from experience and on point. I can see where the training becoming the center piece of attention detracts from his boxer, he event and the sport, but in regard to his HBO comments, they seem to be on point and reflect many of the widely held opinions expressed on this board. How many boxers (not named Floyd Mayweather) are willing to openly express such an opinion at the risk of being banished from HBO?

exactly!!! these ass clowns have spit on plenty of boxers careers to push their agenda. showtime calls it how they see it. they're not on some agenda trying to create a star...they let the chips fall where they may.
mgrover
QUOTE (daprofessor @ Apr 8 2013, 09:44 PM) *
exactly!!! these ass clowns have spit on plenty of boxers careers to push their agenda. showtime calls it how they see it. they're not on some agenda trying to create a star...they let the chips fall where they may.

Let's just hope that this money coming there way doesn't corrupt them too.
Cshel86
QUOTE (daprofessor @ Apr 8 2013, 04:42 PM) *
i don't get why everyone is calling this dude racist? what is he saying that is racist? he never saw a pakastani that can fight? how is that racist?

perfect way to describe danny's expressions!!! laugh.gif

the cool thing is that he lets his dad be himself. they work well together. it's like good cop/bad cop. laugh.gif

I was speaking more about the last seconds of so towards the end of the video. I don't believe he's just this racist extremist or anything, but he should be more careful when talking about other cultures.

We think most of it is funny, but if he's on the wrong platform while saying some of this stuff, then the right people will take action. As of now, his son isn't a huge star, but if he gets as famous as he wants him to be, then some of his thoughts need to be a bit filtered.

In the meantime...that shit FUNNY! laugh.gif
mrchitown
He a funny dude, I see what he be trying to do when he be saying half the shit he be saying. He just trying to keep the pressure of Danny, but one day he's going to talk that g shit and it's not going to end well for Danny. I don't see Danny going undefeated in his career, he's too ordinary
daprofessor
QUOTE (mrchitown @ Apr 8 2013, 07:50 PM) *
He a funny dude, I see what he be trying to do when he be saying half the shit he be saying. He just trying to keep the pressure of Danny, but one day he's going to talk that g shit and it's not going to end well for Danny. I don't see Danny going undefeated in his career, he's too ordinary

his son getting beat might lead to him toning it down. danny isn't spectacular in anyone area...but he's solid all around. he had a very good amateur career and was an alternate in the olympics. he's gonna be around for a while.
DubC
Angel Garcia POTUS 2016!!!!

He's got my vote, and I don't even vote!!

Angel Garcia < Obama

fuck.gif
Genius
Angel Garcia is the type of guy that you see at your local bar. Speaks his mind way too much lol
Franchize
Danny should be ashamed of himself. It's one thing to not reel your dad in. It's another thing to not have anything to say yourself. Floyd Sr used to pop all the shit in the world, but you know what...so does Floyd. You can't be a champion and your father is doing all the talking for you. It's like the kids at college who have their parents come to argue for them in the Financial Aid line lol. Better yet, it's like when you're out at a gathering with multiple couples and you have that one chick that tries to speak for the both of you. At some point you gotta shut her ass up and say "look...I can speak for myself." "No motherfucker....I don't like the paint color on the wall. I just went with it because I wanted some pussy that night and I didn't feel like arguing."
Cshel86
QUOTE (Franchize @ Apr 9 2013, 09:37 AM) *
Danny should be ashamed of himself. It's one thing to not reel your dad in. It's another thing to not have anything to say yourself. Floyd Sr used to pop all the shit in the world, but you know what...so does Floyd. You can't be a champion and your father is doing all the talking for you. It's like the kids at college who have their parents come to argue for them in the Financial Aid line lol. Better yet, it's like when you're out at a gathering with multiple couples and you have that one chick that tries to speak for the both of you. At some point you gotta shut her ass up and say "look...I can speak for myself." "No motherfucker....I don't like the paint color on the wall. I just went with it because I wanted some pussy that night and I didn't feel like arguing."

laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif

As for Danny and his dad, I'm glad that he let's him speak up, because let's be honest here...Danny is boring when it comes to trash talk. At least somebody's making noise in his camp, other than his camp having to beg for big fights.

For example, I watch Devon Alexander fight, JUST to hear what Kevin Cunningham is going to say between rounds, lol. In some way, shape, form, or fashion...Kevin's a good marketing tool for Devon. How many of us can understand what Devon says, without needing caption?
mrchitown
QUOTE (daprofessor @ Apr 8 2013, 09:05 PM) *
his son getting beat might lead to him toning it down. danny isn't spectacular in anyone area...but he's solid all around. he had a very good amateur career and was an alternate in the olympics. he's gonna be around for a while.

No doubt he'll be around but he won't have the success of some of his counterparts. He will lose a few times in his career and depending on who he faces it might be sooner rather then later..He is solid but the reason people are infatuated by him because overall his skill-set doesn't stand out, he just finds a way to win and that makes him interesting but when he goes up against a fighter with great skills in multiple areas he will fall
daprofessor
QUOTE (mrchitown @ Apr 9 2013, 11:49 AM) *
No doubt he'll be around but he won't have the success of some of his counterparts. He will lose a few times in his career and depending on who he faces it might be sooner rather then later..He is solid but the reason people are infatuated by him because overall his skill-set doesn't stand out, he just finds a way to win and that makes him interesting but when he goes up against a fighter with great skills in multiple areas he will fall

i like him against anyone at 140. 147 may be a different story.

his pops is his pops. i say let him talk. danny seems to be the type of guy who lets his ring work speak for him. he's undefeated to this point so he's doing something right. it would be out of character for him to start talking shit.
Franchize
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Apr 9 2013, 09:57 AM) *
laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif

As for Danny and his dad, I'm glad that he let's him speak up, because let's be honest here...Danny is boring when it comes to trash talk. At least somebody's making noise in his camp, other than his camp having to beg for big fights.

For example, I watch Devon Alexander fight, JUST to hear what Kevin Cunningham is going to say between rounds, lol. In some way, shape, form, or fashion...Kevin's a good marketing tool for Devon. How many of us can understand what Devon says, without needing caption?

nono.gif You already know how I feel about Kevin Cunningham lmao.

YMCA ass trainer
daprofessor
angel speaks the troof. laugh.gif
BrutUalBK
QUOTE (flazi @ Apr 7 2013, 12:01 AM) *
dude is awesome. not eloquent in the least bit but i understand him.

Yes siiiirrrr, he keeps it trill!!!
Cshel86
QUOTE (Franchize @ Apr 9 2013, 01:23 PM) *
nono.gif You already know how I feel about Kevin Cunningham lmao.

YMCA ass trainer

laugh.gif

I know how loathe hometown trainers! Funniest stuff in the world!

Most of these upcoming fights have hometown trainers in them...Garcia, Alexander, Peterson, and R. Guerrero. Lol
mrchitown
QUOTE (daprofessor @ Apr 9 2013, 11:59 AM) *
i like him against anyone at 140. 147 may be a different story.

his pops is his pops. i say let him talk. danny seems to be the type of guy who lets his ring work speak for him. he's undefeated to this point so he's doing something right. it would be out of character for him to start talking shit.

I don't see him beating Lamont and I honestly think that if Khan sticks to his gameplan he'd beat Danny too in a rematch. His father is entertaining to me but he's still a tad bit annoying but he's funny, like I said I see what he's doing when he talks trash

And this is off topic but I went to a free movie screening of 42, I highly recommend it
daprofessor
QUOTE (mrchitown @ Apr 10 2013, 12:13 AM) *
I don't see him beating Lamont and I honestly think that if Khan sticks to his gameplan he'd beat Danny too in a rematch. His father is entertaining to me but he's still a tad bit annoying but he's funny, like I said I see what he's doing when he talks trash

And this is off topic but I went to a free movie screening of 42, I highly recommend it

42?
mrchitown
QUOTE (daprofessor @ Apr 12 2013, 05:23 PM) *
42?

Jackie Robinson
bnoles4life
QUOTE (mrchitown @ Apr 8 2013, 07:50 PM) *

Like one of my boys say, "BOOM SAUCE!"
mrchitown
QUOTE (bnoles4life @ Apr 13 2013, 07:57 AM) *
Like one of my boys say, "BOOM SAUCE!"

He does nothing special, his best asset and what will carry him to a long and prosperous career is that he finds a way to win. And maybe that trumps everything else, but I just got a feeling that he's going to run into a few opponents in his career that exceeds his talent level and he'll fall. If he does loses I can't wait to hear what his father says then
Dolimite
QUOTE (mrchitown @ Apr 13 2013, 11:47 AM) *
He does nothing special, his best asset and what will carry him to a long and prosperous career is that he finds a way to win. And maybe that trumps everything else, but I just got a feeling that he's going to run into a few opponents in his career that exceeds his talent level and he'll fall. If he does loses I can't wait to hear what his father says then

Still picking Zab!
mgrover
See Angel can talk all the shit in the world, but the problem is the more shit you talk the embarrassed you are when you lose, and his son will lose, and he'll be embarrassed and will think actually I never said anything...
mrchitown
QUOTE (Dolimite @ Apr 13 2013, 04:02 PM) *
Still picking Zab!

I am
Cshel86
QUOTE (mrchitown @ Apr 13 2013, 11:11 PM) *
I am

laugh.gif

I'll give you two weeks to publicly think that, though I dont fully disagree wit ya.
Dolimite
QUOTE (mrchitown @ Apr 13 2013, 07:11 PM) *
I am

I was saying I am still picking Zab. I thought Swift's injury was BS> he wasn't ready so he made an excuse to delay the fight.
mrchitown
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Apr 14 2013, 12:02 AM) *
laugh.gif

I'll give you two weeks to publicly think that, though I dont fully disagree wit ya.

I'm not putting money on it but I went with my heart this time instead of my head. I truly believe if Zab comes focused and just concentrates on boxing Danny that he'll pull it off, but we all know that Zab likes 6 or 8rd fights instead of 12. He needs to not get caught exchanging with Danny because that's really when he's most dangerous

Could be worse, my friend made a bet with a sports book and he laid down $400 on Zab. He sweating bullets right now lol
mrchitown
QUOTE (Dolimite @ Apr 14 2013, 07:16 AM) *
I was saying I am still picking Zab. I thought Swift's injury was BS> he wasn't ready so he made an excuse to delay the fight.

I'm picking Zab as well
Cshel86
QUOTE (mrchitown @ Apr 14 2013, 08:14 PM) *
I'm not putting money on it but I went with my heart this time instead of my head. I truly believe if Zab comes focused and just concentrates on boxing Danny that he'll pull it off, but we all know that Zab likes 6 or 8rd fights instead of 12. He needs to not get caught exchanging with Danny because that's really when he's most dangerous

Could be worse, my friend made a bet with a sports book and he laid down $400 on Zab. He sweating bullets right now lol

When Zab goes with his heart instead of his head, he usually comes up short....hope that's not your case. LOL

I think a focused Judah beats a lot of these guys out here, but the "focus" part is the key. Your friend put down $400?! Not only is he sweating bullets, but he's probably reading one of those books with specific prayers for specific situations. Sheesh!
daprofessor
QUOTE (mrchitown @ Apr 12 2013, 06:09 PM) *
Jackie Robinson

saw the preview and lost all interest when i heard the dudes voice. the real jackie robinson sounded like this guy:

but i get it...it's hollywood. laugh.gif
daprofessor
i'm still going with danny by ko. too big. too strong and just that good.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.