Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: All Access (Mayweather/Guerrero) Thread With Preview and Poll Now Added!
FightHype Community > BOXING HYPE > Boxing
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5
mgrover
Am no longer looking for Mayweather to fight either, especially after re hydrating that much christt
mgrover
Ticket were going super cheap for that fight. Like $20
scdrking2
I can see where a fighter is ducking someone who is 25 pounds heavier fight night. People have lost it completely. LOL
CrazyBuffalO
Bring it on!
Dolimite
QUOTE (Jovi @ Apr 21 2013, 11:27 AM) *
I don't think Mayweather fights Canelo because he is so damn big.

As for last night, I didn't like Trout's gameplan but i did like his work ethic and heart. He outworked Canelo even though alot of his jabs missed and power punches were dodged. Trout didn't have the Power that Canelo had just planting his feet and waiting for an opening. He must of put all his power in each of his shots, thats the only reason i'd see why he was tired. Trout didn't go to the body enough when Canelo was sitting there moving his head. I was disappointed to say the least. Canelo only won the fight because of his power, Trout underestimated him big time.

Canelo reminded me of Donaire but Trout is no Rigondeaux/Mayweather............. Also Canelo must watch ALOT of Mayweather!!!! you can see it in his style with each passing fight

Mayweather beats Trout.
Mayweather/Alvarez would prob be like Forman/Ali. Mayweather will have to out box him and not get on the ropes until Canelo gets tired then get that KO. Much easier said than done..
I don't know if Mayweather should take Pacquiao before or after Canelo.

Pac fight is dead as far as Saul I am not interested in. He is a middleweight not a welterweight. Although I think Mayweather would pot shot his ears off I wouldn't be all that animated to see this fight. Those scores last night were sad!
Jack 1000
Voted for Mayweather by close decision. Floyd will out-box Robert to win, but may have a few surprising moments in a more competitive fight than some may think. I'll say 116-112 for Mayweather on all cards.

Jack
un01
Everyone wants to see Mayweather fight Martinez and Alvarez, but the size advantage is just too much. We might see those fights down the road but we're definitely not gonna see them now, especially this early in Floyd's Showtime contract. Most likely, we're gonna see Mayweather vs Danny Garcia in September, the back and forth with Angel Garcia and Floyd Sr. Should be hilarious lol, then we'll probably see him fight Alexander.
Dolimite
QUOTE (ROME @ Apr 21 2013, 02:37 PM) *
Good points by everyone in here. Glad to see people thinking logically. Canelo was a light heavyweight last night. If they were actually the same size, at this point Floyd would likely dominate Canelo just based on pace and endurance alone. One thing that Trout did from time to time is not let Canelo rest. That seemed to work, somewhat. The difference here is the Floyd is so much more accurate than Trout that he would have been able to better exploit Canelo's periods of inactivity.

That said, Canelo may have a near 30lb advantage on Floyd. If Floyd opted not to fight him, I wouldn't be inclined to call that ducking. Canelo, who may actually be a natural middle/super middle weight, might just be squeezing himself down to Jr. Middle, and should really be looking for Chavez, Martinez or even Golovkin (who says he would come down to Jr. Middle for a fight of that caliber).

If I were Floyd, Canelo would have to fight me at welterweight. I took a chance with DLH and Cotto and was outsized and uncomfortable in both. Canelo is bigger than both of them. Too much of a weight advantage here. At this point in his career, Floyd can do want he wants. He shouldn't be seeking the young up and comer Canelo. Canelo should be seeking him; IF he wants to prove himself. And seeing as how he is apparently looking for that fight, no catch weights; find me at welter.

Well this is where I give Manny Pacquiao credit, Floyd if he fights Saul should ask for a hydration clause limit. Now he will catch so much hell for it but it would make the fight fair. I would say Saul could not rehydrate more than 7 pounds maybe even 5. That is the only way that I would fight Saul.
Dolimite
ADMIN UPDATE: FIGHT WILL BE SHOWN ON BOTH CLOSED CIRCUIT AND PPV. CLOSED CIRCUIT WILL BE ABOUT $20 PER TICKET. PPV WILL BE $60 TO $70.

Click here for more details: http://www.fathomevents.com/#!may-day-...e-info/theaters

Jack

Administrator

Honestly I went to three different bars while on my business trip and none of them had Showtime! My hotel did not have Showtime. One of my coworkers had family in Charlotte and none of them had Showtime! For some reason people do not prescribe to Showtime. So that maybe the reason for low ratings ironically people are actually talking about this fight. I wonder what the PPV numbers will look like. Anything over 1.2 buys will be a big success. I think Guerrero and his dad talking shit is helping this fight sale. The way Guerrero is talking I actually believe that he may win (even though I know it will be a steep uphill battle).
Jovi
Floyd messed up talking ish about Pacquiao for those Catchweight fights. He's at a real crossroad now for it.

After the Guerrero fight, if Floyd can still do what he does best then i have no worries. it would need to be this year so Mayweather can still be the one who makes the demands for the fight. Canelo's star power is rising. This fight will be huge.

Last i heard though Mayweather was trying to go to 140?
un01
QUOTE (Marcus @ Apr 21 2013, 05:22 PM) *
Mayweather-Canelo=$$$$$$. This fight is definitely being made down the line. Currently thats the most lucrative fight in boxing. I'm just waiting to hear the views for last nights bout.

Mayweather-Martinez would be a legendary fight and i know Im REACHING but id like to see Floyd test himself at 160 for another title in another weight class. Both fighters are gettin ready to leave the game soon. Why not give the fans a legendary fight? But as i said Mayweather-Martinez at 160 is a push althouhg i wouldn't complain if it happened.

I think DSG fights 2 fights at welter before figthing Floyd. 2013 is to soon for that fight to materialize. Fighting either Alexander, Brook, or Purdy in december depending on how things go. Alexander Purdy winner is expected to fight Brook in August when hes healed up and ready to go.

Also those wretched WBC rankings have Amir Khan ranked #2 at welterweight i think. So i Feel theyre trying to make that Mayweather Khan fight happen behind closed doors.

But really theres no one for Floyd to fight besides Canelo, MAYBE martinez, and Alexander/Brook/Purdy winner. So whether the weight differences are to big or not these are really the only viable opponents.

I wouldnt be able to take a mayweather Garcia fight or mayweather kahn figth seriously. Only thing special about mayweather amir kahn is that amir khan would bring money to the table and people would credit him as a threat because virgil hunter in his corner. Virgil cant take away his chin.

Khan is completely off the radar. I don't think He'll be an option for another 1 or 2 years. Whether its Alexander, Purdy or Brook, those are all fights that don't bring in much dollar wise, but will be a fight he'll have to take since the well is dry. I think he'll end up fighting Garcia first. Since he has a little buzz going on, it will be a more profitable fight. Yeah, Floyd will get a lot of flak for fighting someone coming up in weight, but I'm sure Floyd will rather be criticized than kill himself with fighting these middle weights or take less money fighting guys like Alexander or Brook. Floyd will just give the old damned if I do, damned if I don't speech, lol

The Canelo fight will definitely happen, though. That's too much money to ignore. I think Golden Boy is gonna sit on it for a while and have him fight Cotto to build up more hype.
BrutUalBK
QUOTE (Jovi @ Apr 21 2013, 06:52 PM) *
Floyd messed up talking ish about Pacquiao for those Catchweight fights. He's at a real crossroad now for it.

After the Guerrero fight, if Floyd can still do what he does best then i have no worries. it would need to be this year so Mayweather can still be the one who makes the demands for the fight. Canelo's star power is rising. This fight will be huge.

Last i heard though Mayweather was trying to go to 140?

LOL, where are you getting this crap from?? It's all this stupid talk from those who Hate Floyd who say dumb stuff like this that gets repeated all over the internet and have fools believing this garbage. It isn't a real big deal for Floyd to ask for a CW fight because he has fought all of his opponents at their best weight whereas MP has made many of his opponents drain down for their titles.

I don't think he's at a crossroad in any form or fashion, even when he campaigns at 154 he barely makes 152 and then comes in on FN around 148, he doesn't need a CW fight vs Canelo because that boy got too many holes to exploit.
Marcus
QUOTE (ROME @ Apr 21 2013, 07:07 PM) *
I completely agree. The issue is, YES, he would definitely catch heat for it. Honestly, I don't see Floyd doing that. I don't even think he'll require Canelo to come to welterweight to fight him, though that would make the most sense. I just think that if Floyd fights him and scrapes by and even loses at Jr. middle, people will completely ignore the fact that he would have been at such a disadvantage in terms of size. It's a bit of an unfair advantage IMHO. Floyd does not squeeze down to welterweight. His fight night weights are likely not much more than the welterweight limit. This would almost be like asking Canelo to fight Andre Ward, considering his in-ring weight. I'm not even sure Ward would outweigh Canelo by as much as Canelo would outweigh Floyd by, come fight night.
That said, that would clearly be an unfair fight for Canelo so I wouldn't consider it ducking if he chose not to fight a fighter who outweighed him by 25-30lbs come fight night. I apply the same principle with respect to Floyd fighting Canelo.

the thing with Floyd though is that he's very prideful and showy. He's been fighting bigger guys that outweigh him (with the exception of Marquez) his entire career. And recently Floyd is now in the business of beating fighters with their own style at their own game. thats my issue witht eh modern day mayweather. Not only would he go up to 154 to prove himself (which is understandable because at this age Floys is looking for belts that will add more nicks to his legacy) but Floyd will stand there and go toe to toe with Canelo. Do what got you to the top. Exchanging isn't what got you to the top. I understand youre older, and trying to please the fans but at the same token dont diservice yourself in trying to please the fans. They will never be satisfied.
Dolimite
QUOTE (Marcus @ Apr 21 2013, 04:51 PM) *
the thing with Floyd though is that he's very prideful and showy. He's been fighting bigger guys that outweigh him (with the exception of Marquez) his entire career. And recently Floyd is now in the business of beating fighters with their own style at their own game. thats my issue witht eh modern day mayweather. Not only would he go up to 154 to prove himself (which is understandable because at this age Floys is looking for belts that will add more nicks to his legacy) but Floyd will stand there and go toe to toe with Canelo. Do what got you to the top. Exchanging isn't what got you to the top. I understand youre older, and trying to please the fans but at the same token dont diservice yourself in trying to please the fans. They will never be satisfied.

See episode 2 of All Access. I doubt he wants to get hit as much as he did when he fought Cotto. Which is why his dad is back in his corner. Floyd has consistently said that he fights for himself so I think he fights the way he feels like fighting either way, if he boxes it is great if he stands toe to toe it is great. I rather for him to box.
bnoles4life
QUOTE (Gambit808 @ Apr 21 2013, 01:54 PM) *
I knew as soon as this fight was signed, once Canelo beat Trout, fans would get more confident in being vocal of him beating Mayweather. I mean what did he rehydrate back up to 172lbs. Fight night? If that's the case, Mayweather at most would rehydrate up to 150lbs. Do the math and understand that we're not talking about natural WW's having a shot at beating Mayweather anymore right?

+1. Yet, the "duck" factor will still be in play. Ironic, no one on earth, outside of a Klitschko opponent, is someone asked...no, demanded to defeat a guy, who is 20-lbs heavier on fight night than he. Again, fault the guy who really should be fighting at 147, but not the guy who should be fighting at 160. Comical.
checkleft
QUOTE (xxxxxx @ Apr 22 2013, 01:25 AM) *
A Mayweather-Alvarez fight would be an Event, but in reality, the fight Mayweather should be fighting after he beats The Ghost is Bradley at 147. It's just to bad the promotional companies will not work with each other on that one. After looking through the rankings I'm curious to see who Mayweather selects next for his September fight. It's hard to believe it would be Alvarez at this point, but have to admit that is a fight to get excited about. Obviously it wont be Bradley or Pacman( As long as they are with Arum). Mayweather already destroyed and embarrassed Marquez. Maybe a Garcia or Alexander if they win there next fights? You could make a case for Alexander if they allow it to be Unification at 147. Its hard to knock any unification's that take place(Mayweather has been Lineal, but never Unified). Garcia moving up to 147 IF he beats Judah would be OK, but hard to see that happening also. The Khan fight has lost too much buzz with his defeats and he got a lot of work to do. I don't expect Mayweather to go to Middleweight and fight Martinez. That would be stretching it. I may be in the minority, but if Spadafora could beat a legit opponent I wouldnt mind seeing him in there with Floyd. I'm not big on a Maidana fight either. He's Not gonna fight Broner at this point or ever so who the heck is it gonna be?

+1

Bradley would be a good solid opponent for him. He's probably the best opponent out there for him, Alexander is fighting some replacement (that is still tba I believe?) And his style is just awfully to watch so doubt that would happen. I would say Garcia but for some reason I'm starting to believe he is gonna look like shit against Judah, he is very beatable (a very old morales was outboxing him for most of the first fight) so maybe mayweather could pick on him. But don't be surprised if he goes after the matthysse lamont winner. That fight is bound to be exciting and create a buzz, and let's not forget since Bradley moved up and before Garcia came in the picture lamont was best 140 pounder out there. If that fight has a foy type action I could see mayweather picking the winner like he did after the berto ortiz fight.

And just to throw a wrench into things, if paulie beats broner I wouldn't doubt for a second that mayweather fights him. Imagine the shit talking leading up to that one!
neophyte7
QUOTE (checkleft @ Apr 22 2013, 08:50 AM) *
+1

And just to throw a wrench into things, if paulie beats broner I wouldn't doubt for a second that mayweather fights him. Imagine the shit talking leading up to that one!

I see Malignaggi giving Broner big time problems... Malinaggi is no ho... he is tough. If Cotto could not KO him Broner is not.. Broner is a ? against experienced 147 pounders. As far as Floyd vs Canelo... Catch weight is in order.. For real these guys are rehydrating 30 lbs over the limit, Alvarez should be fighting at 168 LMAO
Hotsauce
This fight will probably happen in may 2014 since its cinco de mayo.
Cshel86
QUOTE (Dolimite @ Apr 21 2013, 06:53 PM) *
Honestly I went to three different bars while on my business trip and none of them had Showtime! My hotel did not have Showtime. One of my coworkers had family in Charlotte and none of them had Showtime! For some reason people do not prescribe to Showtime. So that maybe the reason for low ratings ironically people are actually talking about this fight. I wonder what the PPV numbers will look like. Anything over 1.2 buys will be a big success. I think Guerrero and his dad talking shit is helping this fight sale. The way Guerrero is talking I actually believe that he may win (even though I know it will be a steep uphill battle).

Damn, they did you dirty bro. Even I had Showtime at the LaQuinta Inn in Vegas. They weren't the upper echelon of hotels, but it wasn't a roach motel either. Though Showtime may not have many subscribers, I just thought about it...you DON'T have to subscribe to Showtime, in order to buy their PPVs.

In that sense, Floyd came out on the good end of the deal, versus other guys who have to fight on Showtime Championship Boxing. I remember ordering the Cotto/Mayorga and Pac/Mosley cards, and I didn't have Showtime. So if Floyd and all involved parties promote the fight well, then the numbers shouldn't do all that bad.

Honestly, I dont really see this fight doing more than 800k. Hell, if Manny's numbers can tank, then so can Floyd's. I think Floyd will get scrutinized more, but hell, isn't that always the case? I mean Guerrero's a legit opponent, but GBP dropped the ball on promoting him.

It's hard to say that he impressed the world by roughing up a Berto that Ortiz had just beat the year before that, in route to a big fight.
Dolimite
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Apr 22 2013, 08:24 AM) *
Damn, they did you dirty bro. Even I had Showtime at the LaQuinta Inn in Vegas. They weren't the upper echelon of hotels, but it wasn't a roach motel either. Though Showtime may not have many subscribers, I just thought about it...you DON'T have to subscribe to Showtime, in order to buy their PPVs.

In that sense, Floyd came out on the good end of the deal, versus other guys who have to fight on Showtime Championship Boxing. I remember ordering the Cotto/Mayorga and Pac/Mosley cards, and I didn't have Showtime. So if Floyd and all involved parties promote the fight well, then the numbers shouldn't do all that bad.

Honestly, I dont really see this fight doing more than 800k. Hell, if Manny's numbers can tank, then so can Floyd's. I think Floyd will get scrutinized more, but hell, isn't that always the case? I mean Guerrero's a legit opponent, but GBP dropped the ball on promoting him.

It's hard to say that he impressed the world by roughing up a Berto that Ortiz had just beat the year before that, in route to a big fight.

The worse thing about my business trip was my boss who is a big Pacquaio fan kept talking to me about how Pac would mop the floor with Saul Alvarez and GGG. I just looked at my boss and grinned. I said "Sir, with all do respect, do you think he can mop the floor with Marquez?" He did not speak to me the rest of the trip then he started to say at least "My guy isn't a thug like yours." One of the bankers told me he was putting 10k on Guerrero, he said he likes his spirit another investor told me he was putting 5k on Guerrero because he felt Floyd lost the Cotto fight. They asked me my opinion and I simply said "Go for it. You are right. Mayweather is going to get his ass handed to him."
daprofessor
QUOTE (MaxPayne @ Apr 21 2013, 12:13 PM) *
I would ask everyone not to get ahead of themselves.

I was one of the people who predicted that Canelo would win a decision over Trout. I based this off of watching the Delvin Rodriguez and Miguel Cotto fights. I saw a fighter who was slippery enough to make the other guy miss, but someone who lacked both respectable power or accuracy. Against a marketable fighter like Canelo, you're simply not going to be awarded rounds. Even then, I technically had Trout ahead at the end of it all.

Floyd Mayweather is on another level. He's one of the most accurate punchers the game has ever seen. His punches are so accurate and often timed so well that even without true power at higher weights, you find your head snapping back, because you're walking into straight right hand leads.

The other point here is of conditioning. Canelo hasn't shown himself to be a relentless stalker with a battery like the Energizer Bunny. Floyd could literally keep turning him and popping and moving the entire fight and Canelo would be dumbfounded by the middle rounds, given the class of boxing technique and ability he was up against.

For those of you who subscribe to the popular theory where Floyd's "legs are gone", well, let's say he's up against the ropes with Canelo's head in neck, flailing away with punches to the body and occasional uppercuts. Well, I can tell you that he simply won't be landing much of his punches at all. Floyd on the other hand, would be countering sharply from different angles.

Is Canelo a good young fighter who took a major step today ? Yes. Is he on the level where people can start saying that he would defeat Floyd Mayweather ?

Nope.

i don't recall marketability being one of the judging criteria. i had canelo losing.

he didn't take a major step. he was given a gift.
Cshel86
QUOTE (Dolimite @ Apr 22 2013, 01:31 PM) *
The worse thing about my business trip was my boss who is a big Pacquaio fan kept talking to me about how Pac would mop the floor with Saul Alvarez and GGG. I just looked at my boss and grinned. I said "Sir, with all do respect, do you think he can mop the floor with Marquez?" He did not speak to me the rest of the trip then he started to say at least "My guy isn't a thug like yours." One of the bankers told me he was putting 10k on Guerrero, he said he likes his spirit another investor told me he was putting 5k on Guerrero because he felt Floyd lost the Cotto fight. They asked me my opinion and I simply said "Go for it. You are right. Mayweather is going to get his ass handed to him."

This sir, is why you didn't Showtime in your room. He straight called the front desk, and made them take it off your tv! Dolimite, you gotta do better man. LOL

Now, if all of those guys were off the clock, then you should've slapped each and every one of them. If yall were on the clock, then your last reply was the best way to go. Lol
mrchitown
QUOTE (daprofessor @ Apr 22 2013, 01:50 PM) *
i don't recall marketability being one of the judging criteria. i had canelo losing.

It happens, you may not care to realize it but it does
checkleft
QUOTE (daprofessor @ Apr 22 2013, 02:50 PM) *

+1
daprofessor
QUOTE (mrchitown @ Apr 22 2013, 04:02 PM) *
It happens, you may not care to realize it but it does

it does....but it shouldn't.

git yo young ass out me and maxpaynes debate!!! laugh.gif
Jack 1000
Checking on PPV Prices. UGGHHHH! My cable company is charging $70.00 for the HD feed. $60.00 for SD. (TWC.) This is the first fight with the $10 increase for HD that they have done.

Jack
daprofessor
i may go to a movie theater to check this one. just for the experience.
Jack 1000
The Fight WILL Be in Closed Circuit Theaters Nationwide! Tickets will probably be only $20, as opposed to $60-70 for the PPV:

Event Info Here: http://www.fathomevents.com/#!may-day-...re-info/details

Theater Locations List: http://www.fathomevents.com/#!may-day-...e-info/theaters

Jack

mrchitown
QUOTE (daprofessor @ Apr 22 2013, 07:22 PM) *
i may go to a movie theater to check this one. just for the experience.

I did that with a few fights, didn't enjoy it
mrchitown
QUOTE (daprofessor @ Apr 22 2013, 03:56 PM) *
it does....but it shouldn't.

git yo young ass out me and maxpaynes debate!!! laugh.gif

laugh.gif I did NOT see that coming
Dolimite
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Apr 22 2013, 12:57 PM) *
This sir, is why you didn't Showtime in your room. He straight called the front desk, and made them take it off your tv! Dolimite, you gotta do better man. LOL

Now, if all of those guys were off the clock, then you should've slapped each and every one of them. If yall were on the clock, then your last reply was the best way to go. Lol

You are never off the clock on a business trip. Yesterday my boss came to me and said if Juan wasn't juicing he would of lost. Mind you it is 8:00 in the am and I have to hear this shit. I actually laughed. I told him he was right Juan wouldn't able to beat him if he didn't drink his own piss. SO my boss again who is a very big Pacquiao fan came back and said, if the Pacman was around during Haglers, Hearns, and Lenorad's day he would beat the shit out of all of them. Cshels I hadn't even had my damn coffee yet! I flat out told him he wasn't a boxing fan. I actually was insulted. This is the BS I have to deal with daily. I mean daily. My other co-worker even told me that somehow GGG would beat Andre Ward senselessly. I didn't even argue. Thee guys never heard of weight classes!
Cshel86
QUOTE (Dolimite @ Apr 23 2013, 07:09 AM) *
You are never off the clock on a business trip. Yesterday my boss came to me and said if Juan wasn't juicing he would of lost. Mind you it is 8:00 in the am and I have to hear this shit. I actually laughed. I told him he was right Juan wouldn't able to beat him if he didn't drink his own piss. SO my boss again who is a very big Pacquiao fan came back and said, if the Pacman was around during Haglers, Hearns, and Lenorad's day he would beat the shit out of all of them. Cshels I hadn't even had my damn coffee yet! I flat out told him he wasn't a boxing fan. I actually was insulted. This is the BS I have to deal with daily. I mean daily. My other co-worker even told me that somehow GGG would beat Andre Ward senselessly. I didn't even argue. Thee guys never heard of weight classes!

Reading this post aggravates me and what they're spewing...terribly aggravates me. Stuff like this, is the very reason that I dont watch or discuss boxing with people who have no idea what's going on. Hats off to you Dolimite, I dont see how you even made it through any of those conversations. laugh.gif
Cshel86
I usually dont post videos of full episodes, but a part of this episode had me rolling! Floyd looked like a straight kid when he tried to sing this song. laugh.gif

It starts at 3:36
Dolimite
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Apr 23 2013, 06:07 AM) *
Reading this post aggravates me and what they're spewing...terribly aggravates me. Stuff like this, is the very reason that I dont watch or discuss boxing with people who have no idea what's going on. Hats off to you Dolimite, I dont see how you even made it through any of those conversations. laugh.gif

Ignorance is bliss my man! They know I am a boxing fan, not a fan of a fighter but overall boxing fan. Sometimes I think they just say shit to get on my nerves. I remember when Mosley signed the fight to Margarito this asshole came to me and told me Mosley was going to die in the ring. When I was doing my intern was around when Floyd was up to fight Oscar, my manager was a die hard Mexican American boxing fan, every day I had to hear how Oscar was going to beat Floyd worse than Vargas. He bet me 50 bucks that Oscar was going to knock the snot out of Floyd in the 8th round, I knew I had an easy payday. I told him Oscar has stamina issues but he didn't listen. Monday morning the dude said he wasn't going to pay me because the fight was fixed! LOL. The worse insult I have by far heard ever was that Ali is overrated and that he would not been able to compete against the Heavyweights in the 80s and early 90s. I punched the guy. LOL
daprofessor
QUOTE (Dolimite @ Apr 23 2013, 07:09 AM) *

i honestly thank God for this forum. otherwise i'd have to deal with shit like this all the time too. i don't even listen to half the fools out there. they ask my opinion...i give it and keep it moving. not interested in hearing about how chavez would have beat leonard....or how pac would have beat ali. laugh.gif
sduck
Yeah most people I know irl don't know shit about boxing either. They say some of the dumbest things. My brother knows someone at work that wants to be a boxer, and he thinks silliness like Pacquiao is the greatest of all time and whatnot.
daprofessor
QUOTE (sduck @ Apr 23 2013, 08:24 PM) *
Yeah most people I know irl don't know shit about boxing either. They say some of the dumbest things. My brother knows someone at work that wants to be a boxer, and he thinks silliness like Pacquiao is the greatest of all time and whatnot.

pacquiao has inspired a whole generation of filipino fighters. they soon find out that the stuff pacquiao gets away with doesn't always work in real life. it's always nice when one of those kids puts in enough time and effort to appreciate the finer points of boxing and come to the realization that what mayweather does in the ring is special...and if everyone could do it...they would.
Dolimite
QUOTE (daprofessor @ Apr 23 2013, 06:25 PM) *
pacquiao has inspired a whole generation of filipino fighters. they soon find out that the stuff pacquiao gets away with doesn't always work in real life. it's always nice when one of those kids puts in enough time and effort to appreciate the finer points of boxing and come to the realization that what mayweather does in the ring is special...and if everyone could do it...they would.

Professor how dare you! Manny P is just unorthodox and he introduced a new style of fighting. He doesn't run around the ring like chicken Floyd. He stands toe to toe! You are tripping. He only got "knocked" out by JMM because one he was on the juice and two he is such a nice guy and gentleman that he wanted JMM to win so they could have a fifth fight! Flomo!
Dolimite
QUOTE (daprofessor @ Apr 23 2013, 06:25 PM) *

Professor how dare you! Manny P is just unorthodox and he introduced a new style of fighting. He doesn't run around the ring like chicken Floyd. He stands toe to toe! You are tripping. He only got "knocked" out by JMM because one he was on the juice and two he is such a nice guy and gentleman that he wanted JMM to win so they could have a fifth fight! Flomo!
Dolimite
http://www.boxingscene.com/canelo-no-maywe...-my-date--64772

Saul is coming to the Guerrero fight.... My money is now all on Guerrero!
mrchitown
QUOTE (Dolimite @ Apr 24 2013, 12:58 PM) *

NOOOOOOOOOO thumbsdown_anim.gif
checkleft
Saul is a fucking jinx, if I'm Floyd I pay martinez to stand by the gate, bet you canelo comes no where near that place
Dolimite
QUOTE (mrchitown @ Apr 24 2013, 10:12 AM) *
NOOOOOOOOOO thumbsdown_anim.gif

If Floyd loses I already know who to blame. If he wins I hope either May calls him out or Ginger jumps in the ring like Mosley did and demand a fight. That will be a hell of a September. The kickoff to the NFL and a great fight to take us into the fall!!!!!
daprofessor
the canelo jinx!!! watch the odds drop big time. laugh.gif mayweather has been 'mushed.'

http://www.anyclip.com/movies/a-bronx-tale/horse-racing-2/
mrchitown
QUOTE (Dolimite @ Apr 24 2013, 04:17 PM) *
If Floyd loses I already know who to blame. If he wins I hope either May calls him out or Ginger jumps in the ring like Mosley did and demand a fight. That will be a hell of a September. The kickoff to the NFL and a great fight to take us into the fall!!!!!

I just told my girl we going on a red head hunt, this fool thought I meant hookers until I told her I'm looking for Canelo laugh.gif

Not like he'll understand me if I start talking anyway lol...I'm gon go the f*ck off if Floyd loses. Not because he lost and to take credit from Guerrero, but because that fire crotch put the voodoo on Mayweather
Hotsauce
QUOTE (Dolimite @ Apr 24 2013, 12:58 PM) *

money on the ghost
Hotsauce
gotdamn @ ms jackson in that dress
Jack 1000
No votes For "The Ghost" in the poll yet?

Jack
mgrover
If Floyd loses does RG fight Canelo ohmy.gif
Dolimite
QUOTE (Hotsauce @ Apr 24 2013, 07:27 PM) *
gotdamn @ ms jackson in that dress

Very attractive woman but that is where it stops. She seems so boring. Again their relationship is odd and she thinks they don't have an open relationship? Go back and watch him hanging and chilling with all those chicks while he was in Atlanta. And his quote "If you can take care of 20 women then you should have 20 women."

The Guerrero's at this point is starting to get on my nerves with all their talking and self righteousness. The scene when the pastor came and said a prayer in front of ALL those cameras turned my stomach. Doesn't Guerrero know you are not suppose to pray in public but private. The only thing Guerrero says now is "my wife had cancer...I know what pressure is, its taking care of two kids when my wife had cancer, did I mention I took care of my wife when she had cancer?" I get it, you did a stand up thing but you talk about the shit more than your own wife.

Yawl do know Floyd is coming out to the theme of Ghostbusters. I was glad to see Sr. and Jr. share a hug. they both seem to be happy.I do feel bad for Roger because it seems they are phasing him out but I do know his health isn't 100%, so I understand.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.