Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: All Access (Mayweather/Guerrero) Thread With Preview and Poll Now Added!
FightHype Community > OTHER HYPE > Archives
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5
daprofessor
QUOTE (Jack 1000 @ May 1 2013, 05:36 PM) *
I picked Floyd by a close UD, but I think there's an outside shot, I don't know 7-1 to 10-1 that Guerrero gets DQ'd. He could pull an Ortiz, but he won't "Play nice, ala Oscar" nor look to apologize. He might also get pissed at the ref for not allowing him to hold and hit and do other dirty shit. Does "The Ghost" have to get inside to maul and bust Floyd up to even have a chance at winning? Yes! Will the ref let him do that? No! Only if Russell Mora was appointed would Robert be able to do that.

At the rules meeting Floyd and his people will preach like hell to watch any inside fighting that Robert does. The ref won't let Robert fight inside very much. If Robert doesn't get DQ'd out of frustration, Floyd will win about 16-112 and Guerrero will say "The ref wouldn't let me fight my fight."

Jack

i've seen several articles addressing this very thing. robert is kind of cagey with his dirty tactics. by the time the ref calls them...he'll be on to the next foul. by then...it'll be too late because they will take their toll on floyd.
neophyte7
LOL... mayweather has seen dirty tactics before. this hype job who struggled with Berto is not much better than hatton if at all.. Guerrero brings nothing appetizing to the dinner table. People think the layoff and jail will have an impact... will not.. just watch Floyd dissect this hypocrite jesus freak
daprofessor
QUOTE (neophyte7 @ May 1 2013, 08:56 PM) *
LOL... mayweather has seen dirty tactics before. this hype job who struggled with Berto is not much better than hatton if at all.. Guerrero brings nothing appetizing to the dinner table. People think the layoff and jail will have an impact... will not.. just watch Floyd dissect this hypocrite jesus freak

i beg to differ. guerrero is a much better fighter than hatton.
neophyte7
Prof, based on what.. who has he beat. hattons win over Tzu bests his whole damned career.. and he put on a dirty fighting clinic.. like floyd said he is a good grappler.. I expect Floyd to show and prove just what he sized up... dirty fighter. Nothing impressive with his fight game at all at least in the realm of Floyd Nayweather.. against the likes of Berto he can struggle to a win. here he struggles and gets outclassed. Just how I see it.. we will soon find out
Hotsauce
QUOTE (Franchize @ May 1 2013, 12:18 PM) *
I'm with Cshel. Guerrero TALKED himself into this fight. I found it somewhat disturbing that this is the biggest fight of your life and you were kinda flabby. I would have been in shape the moment the contract got signed. I just don't get these fighters man. Floyd, if anybody, could sit back and relax. He really doesn't have to ever fight again. He has all the money, talent and fame in the world. Why does it seem like he's more hungry than the guys trying to be where he's at? Why are these young cats letting the Bernard Hopkins and Floyd Mayweathers of the world out work them? It's already a given they have more ring knowledge than you. Why give them that edge too? Not saying Guerrero won't be in shape for the fight or make weight (even though I previously voiced my concerns). I'm just saying, there wouldn't be any "getting into shape". Until I get to the mountain top, I'm walking around at my fight weight.

old school cats
Cshel86
QUOTE (daprofessor @ Apr 30 2013, 09:34 PM) *
making 147 is nothing like it was for him making 135 or 126. there's a science to this. i don't agree with it...but it's how they do it. he'll hit 147 easily.

I STILL wonder how he managed to make those lower weights. If anything, I thought Robert would have to eat a lot to make WW, but its the exact opposite because he has to shed to make 147. Weird

QUOTE (checkleft @ May 1 2013, 09:56 AM) *
Shit he could lose most of that just in water weight the day of the weigh in. He should be fine

But why work all the way down to the wire like that? I'm ready see guys at the contracted weight, at least a week before the fight. These guys remind me of those days of cramming in some study time for a test. You may know just enough to pass, but you're sure as shit gonna be tired when taking the test.

On top of that, you better hope that the test is worded verbatim from what you studied. If not, then you'll end up tired as hell and confused with the questions being worded all funny, and tend to miss the easy ones that you thought you had figured out.

If push comes to shove, you'll look over somebody's shoulder for answers...just to see that their tested is numbered differently, with different questions. It reminds me of Berto being unprepared for the Guerrero, and what did he do? He decided on the fly, to fight a completely different style (which was light-years from his) and got handled.

QUOTE (Dolimite @ May 1 2013, 01:13 PM) *
Here is my issue with Guerrero cutting weight at the last minute. Yes he did the same routine with Berto and he gassed out toward the end. he looked tired. He is going to need all the energy to go 10 rounds (He is getting stopped and I will explain why in the days ahead) with a fighter who stays in shape. I would feel more comfortable if Guerrero came in around 150 to 149. I know Guerrero has been doing this his entire career but he can not afford to get tired in the championship rounds. That is where he can really win the fight.

He gassed towards the end of the Aydin fight as well. I'm no sure why these guys think that they can come in as a "big welterweight" against Floyd and brag on their "hand speed". Hand speed means dick, when the guy in front of you wont give you an opportunity to land. So what happens? You burn energy from missing shots, you get frustrated because a guy's in front of you but you cant hit him cleanly, then comes the decline.

By the way, I'm still on the fence about this fight. laugh.gif

QUOTE (Franchize @ May 1 2013, 01:18 PM) *
I'm with Cshel. Guerrero TALKED himself into this fight. I found it somewhat disturbing that this is the biggest fight of your life and you were kinda flabby. I would have been in shape the moment the contract got signed. I just don't get these fighters man. Floyd, if anybody, could sit back and relax. He really doesn't have to ever fight again. He has all the money, talent and fame in the world. Why does it seem like he's more hungry than the guys trying to be where he's at? Why are these young cats letting the Bernard Hopkins and Floyd Mayweathers of the world out work them? It's already a given they have more ring knowledge than you. Why give them that edge too? Not saying Guerrero won't be in shape for the fight or make weight (even though I previously voiced my concerns). I'm just saying, there wouldn't be any "getting into shape". Until I get to the mountain top, I'm walking around at my fight weight.

Some of these guys really concern me, but hell, leaving people with that feeling of "concern" is probably their way of promoting the fight. Robert should look like he's on PEDs right about now, but it seems like he's doing just enough to hit 147 on the head, then he'll come in the fight looking a bit flabby.

Granted, not all fighters can walk around ripped up, but damn dude, give the biggest fight of your career a little more effort than this. It just looked like those $1 McChickens were his weak point, when they did the opening photoshoot. Guys like Bradley pack on several pounds between fights, but Bradley's training ethics cant be denied...at least we know he pushes himself to the limit.

Guerrero just may be one of those big solid WWs like Margarito though, who knows. I laugh at how they edit the footage and have Floyd's opponents benchpressing cows, flipping tires, swinging bats and hammers, etc...but Floyd seems to be doing basic workouts in training. It looks bad on the opponent when they lose because it seems like they put in a lot of hard work, but came up short. Those damn editors I tell ya.
Amandla
i'm laughing at Guerrero's wife crying. Woman has tore liekiemia (or however you spell it)a new asshole yet she is crying about this match.

Think she's worried he's gonna get beat bad?
Hotsauce
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ May 2 2013, 09:06 AM) *
I STILL wonder how he managed to make those lower weights. If anything, I thought Robert would have to eat a lot to make WW, but its the exact opposite because he has to shed to make 147. Weird

But why work all the way down to the wire like that? I'm ready see guys at the contracted weight, at least a week before the fight. These guys remind me of those days of cramming in some study time for a test. You may know just enough to pass, but you're sure as shit gonna be tired when taking the test.

On top of that, you better hope that the test is worded verbatim from what you studied. If not, then you'll end up tired as hell and confused with the questions being worded all funny, and tend to miss the easy ones that you thought you had figured out.

If push comes to shove, you'll look over somebody's shoulder for answers...just to see that their tested is numbered differently, with different questions. It reminds me of Berto being unprepared for the Guerrero, and what did he do? He decided on the fly, to fight a completely different style (which was light-years from his) and got handled.

He gassed towards the end of the Aydin fight as well. I'm no sure why these guys think that they can come in as a "big welterweight" against Floyd and brag on their "hand speed". Hand speed means dick, when the guy in front of you wont give you an opportunity to land. So what happens? You burn energy from missing shots, you get frustrated because a guy's in front of you but you cant hit him cleanly, then comes the decline.

Some of these guys really concern me, but hell, leaving people with that feeling of "concern" is probably their way of promoting the fight. Robert should look like he's on PEDs right about now, but it seems like he's doing just enough to hit 147 on the head, then he'll come in the fight looking a bit flabby.

Granted, not all fighters can walk around ripped up, but damn dude, give the biggest fight of your career a little more effort than this. It just looked like those $1 McChickens were his weak point, when they did the opening photoshoot. Guys like Bradley pack on several pounds between fights, but Bradley's training ethics cant be denied...at least we know he pushes himself to the limit.

Guerrero just may be one of those big solid WWs like Margarito though, who knows. I laugh at how they edit the footage and have Floyd's opponents benchpressing cows, flipping tires, swinging bats and hammers, etc...but Floyd seems to be doing basic workouts in training. It looks bad on the opponent when they lose because it seems like they put in a lot of hard work, but came up short. Those damn editors I tell ya.

u ain't lying because during fight week you have people picking the underdog.
Dolimite
Here is the issue with I have with Guerrero: He looks tired and his eyes swell way too easy. I am concerned that he is a little tired and he even seems a bit nervous. His dad is way over the top and too be honest he has been talking so much which means he has to back up his talk. Guerrero is putting more pressure on himself then need be. This is not a Adyin or Andre fight. I honestly believed he lost against Aydin but whatever. I wonder if he can keep his composure and not give away too much. I am calling this fight by 10th round stoppage. I will explain my reasoning on Saturday. I still believe that Guerrero will come in heavy on Friday.

Guerrero's father calling Mayweather a wife beater was actually pretty funny. I did not expect that...
daprofessor
QUOTE (neophyte7 @ May 1 2013, 10:23 PM) *
Prof, based on what.. who has he beat. hattons win over Tzu bests his whole damned career.. and he put on a dirty fighting clinic.. like floyd said he is a good grappler.. I expect Floyd to show and prove just what he sized up... dirty fighter. Nothing impressive with his fight game at all at least in the realm of Floyd Nayweather.. against the likes of Berto he can struggle to a win. here he struggles and gets outclassed. Just how I see it.. we will soon find out

for starters...robert moved up in weight and beat an undefeated fighter and an always dangerous berto. hatton got a gift against collazo and got ktfo'd against floyd. hatton's win over kt was a foul filled, home cooked fight that he could not have won with any other ref in any other city.
daprofessor
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ May 2 2013, 10:06 AM) *

robert was more than likely fighting at a higher weight in the amateurs. he's not as big as margarito. margarito would be fighting at middleweight if we had same day weigh ins. robert isn't as young as he used to be...so that whole sucking down and drying out to make 126-135 would do him harm at this point. the move up seems to have served him well. he's taking the punches well...and his energy doesn't appear to be bad.
daprofessor
QUOTE (Dolimite @ May 2 2013, 01:42 PM) *
Here is the issue with I have with Guerrero: He looks tired and his eyes swell way too easy. I am concerned that he is a little tired and he even seems a bit nervous. His dad is way over the top and too be honest he has been talking so much which means he has to back up his talk. Guerrero is putting more pressure on himself then need be. This is not a Adyin or Andre fight. I honestly believed he lost against Aydin but whatever. I wonder if he can keep his composure and not give away too much. I am calling this fight by 10th round stoppage. I will explain my reasoning on Saturday. I still believe that Guerrero will come in heavy on Friday.

Guerrero's father calling Mayweather a wife beater was actually pretty funny. I did not expect that...

you bring up a good point about guerrero looking tired. i thought he did towards the beginning of the camp....and it's clear that floyd has sat back and trained while guerrero has been the guy out there selling the fight...traveling around the country. that will take its toll on anyone. lately though...he looks refreshed and he isn't as old as floyd. the one thing about guerrero is that he has hasn't taken any beatings in his career and in his mind...he believes he's undefeated. he is oozing confidence and his body language and words show that imo. i'm liking his confidence going into the match.
Franchize
I'll tell you another thing. I'm really tired of the "let's slay the devil" role all these fighters come in with. We get it. Floyd is flashy and you feel you need to shut him up. But damn....that's all their camp talks about. How about discussing what tactical mistakes you're going to exploit. Talk about what you're going to do in the ring. All I've heard regarding the actual fight is "Mayweather is getting slow and we're going to get in there and rough him up." I'm so tired of Ruben already with this "Floyd's a woman beater" shit. Now you're representing all the women out there? Is Floyd going on and on about Robert's court case in which he foolishly brought a gun to one of the busiest airports in the world? I just feel exhausted with the back story at this point. I get it. You're humble. You've come from humble backgrounds. You've been through some stuff. You don't like how Floyd carries himself. I want to see more of the training aspect. Show me what you're doing to prepare for the fight.

I want to see a good fight. If this motherfucker starts gassing like he did vs Aydin, Berto, Salido etc. I'm going to be lose a lot of respect for him. You came up 2 weight divisions just to be fat? I don't even box but if I have a chance at my biggest payday against Floyd Mayweather Jr....I'm going to be in the best shape of my life. I wouldn't have to GET in shape during the training camp. I'd be in shape from jump.
Franchize
Also, for the record, I miss the Face Off with Kellerman. I must admit that much. I also am in the minority that would like to see Sr and Ruben fight. I think Sr would beat the breaks off of him but I'd love the commentary.
Jack 1000
No Votes for The Ghost yet. It looks like Floyd is gonna be a 'Ghostbuster!" LOL!

Jack
daprofessor
QUOTE (Franchize @ May 2 2013, 03:42 PM) *
I'll tell you another thing. I'm really tired of the "let's slay the devil" role all these fighters come in with. We get it. Floyd is flashy and you feel you need to shut him up. But damn....that's all their camp talks about. How about discussing what tactical mistakes you're going to exploit. Talk about what you're going to do in the ring. All I've heard regarding the actual fight is "Mayweather is getting slow and we're going to get in there and rough him up." I'm so tired of Ruben already with this "Floyd's a woman beater" shit. Now you're representing all the women out there? Is Floyd going on and on about Robert's court case in which he foolishly brought a gun to one of the busiest airports in the world? I just feel exhausted with the back story at this point. I get it. You're humble. You've come from humble backgrounds. You've been through some stuff. You don't like how Floyd carries himself. I want to see more of the training aspect. Show me what you're doing to prepare for the fight.

I want to see a good fight. If this motherfucker starts gassing like he did vs Aydin, Berto, Salido etc. I'm going to be lose a lot of respect for him. You came up 2 weight divisions just to be fat? I don't even box but if I have a chance at my biggest payday against Floyd Mayweather Jr....I'm going to be in the best shape of my life. I wouldn't have to GET in shape during the training camp. I'd be in shape from jump.

i think back in floyds' career when he gave corrales shit for catching a case for beating his woman at the time. floyd talked big shit...even said he was going to beat corrales for her and invited her to the fight. laugh.gif

ppl in glass houses should not throw stones.

i'm just tired of all the shit talk. i want to see the fight. nothing else matters.
daprofessor
QUOTE (Franchize @ May 2 2013, 03:44 PM) *
Also, for the record, I miss the Face Off with Kellerman. I must admit that much. I also am in the minority that would like to see Sr and Ruben fight. I think Sr would beat the breaks off of him but I'd love the commentary.

i'm tired of mismatches too. laugh.gif
Jack 1000
Good article on the fight here:

http://www.mmamania.com/2013/5/1/4284370/m...as-vegas-boxing

Seems to be the thoughts of most that Guerrero will give it his all, but is a pressure fighter who has never had to adjust to different styles, angles, speed, and pressure. Floyd is too skilled. And I think the ref won't let Robert get away with dirty fighting which he does damn well and it is exciting to watch. The question is, if you take away Robert's ability to hold, hit, maul, brawl, and fight dirty away from him, does frustration come by the midway point? Or however long or short the amount of time Robert is allowed to make this a junkyard dog brawl.

This fight ranks somewhere between Mayweather-Hatton and the two Mayweather-Castillo fights. The best we get from Guerrero from this fight is a Mayweather-Castillo I effort with Robert being Castillo, but Mayweather getting a disputed verdict because he is the P4P king and boxing's cash-cow for Showtime. No way will that be taken away from Floyd on the cards.

What we will probably get is a replay of Mayweather-Hatton with Robert getting frustrated when he can't do his thing by the middle rounds. I don't think Mayweather will KO Guerrero like he did Hatton. It will be that kind of fight. We might get a DQ loss for Guerrero instead of a KO if Robert gets frustrated and does dirty shit. I think there is about a 40% shot of this happening. A sorry night will be if the Dad's get into in the ring. Yea. a Mayweather-Hatton type fight with a DQ instead of a KO.

The odds of Guerrero winning I think are only about 30%. A Floyd win at 70% in a fight with a medium degree of difficulty for Floyd to get that win is my call. Floyd by UD (reasonably close.)

"Money's" skill too strong for "The Ghost's" heart and will. If Robert can't brawl, Floyd frustrates him downhill.

Jack
Hotsauce
QUOTE (Jack 1000 @ May 3 2013, 12:58 AM) *
Good article on the fight here:

http://www.mmamania.com/2013/5/1/4284370/m...as-vegas-boxing

Seems to be the thoughts of most that Guerrero will give it his all, but is a pressure fighter who has never had to adjust to different styles, angles, speed, and pressure. Floyd is too skilled. And I think the ref won't let Robert get away with dirty fighting which he does damn well and it is exciting to watch. The question is, if you take away Robert's ability to hold, hit, maul, brawl, and fight dirty away from him, does frustration come by the midway point? Or however long or short the amount of time Robert is allowed to make this a junkyard dog brawl.

This fight ranks somewhere between Mayweather-Hatton and the two Mayweather-Castillo fights. The best we get from Guerrero from this fight is a Mayweather-Castillo I effort with Robert being Castillo, but Mayweather getting a disputed verdict because he is the P4P king and boxing's cash-cow for Showtime. No way will that be taken away from Floyd on the cards.

What we will probably get is a replay of Mayweather-Hatton with Robert getting frustrated when he can't do his thing by the middle rounds. I don't think Mayweather will KO Guerrero like he did Hatton. It will be that kind of fight. We might get a DQ loss for Guerrero instead of a KO if Robert gets frustrated and does dirty shit. I think there is about a 40% shot of this happening. A sorry night will be if the Dad's get into in the ring. Yea. a Mayweather-Hatton type fight with a DQ instead of a KO.

The odds of Guerrero winning I think are only about 30%. A Floyd win at 70% in a fight with a medium degree of difficulty for Floyd to get that win is my call. Floyd by UD (reasonably close.)

"Money's" skill too strong for "The Ghost's" heart and will. If Robert can't brawl, Floyd frustrates him downhill.

Jack

i agree with the bolded. the safe bet is floyd by decision.
xxxxxx
After watching the press conference I'm starting to get more interested in this bout. Robert looks extremely strung out and pissed. I think the whole promotion, gun charge,cutting weight and Floyds mind games have already taken there toll on him. Mayweather looks relaxed and wants to get the show on the road. Just another day at the office. Rueban is a character. He obviously cares about his son and you cant blame him for making the most of the spotlight.
Hotsauce
QUOTE (xxxxxx @ May 3 2013, 02:19 AM) *
After watching the press conference I'm starting to get more interested in this bout. Robert looks extremely strung out and pissed. I think the whole promotion, gun charge,cutting weight and Floyds mind games have already taken there toll on him. Mayweather looks relaxed and wants to get the show on the road. Just another day at the office. Rueban is a character. He obviously cares about his son and you cant blame him for making the most of the spotlight.

not surprsied. this is his first time being in this type of fight. i would be tired myself if i had all these cameras following me, i know floyd has to get tired of it himself.
Dolimite
My take on the fight, DaProfessor and Chitown don't be too harsh on my critique.

Guerrero: Robert Guerrero literally willed himself into getting this fight. He spoke it into existence and now he got actually want he asked for. Watching his past two fights against Berto and Aydin (Spelling is wrong) I notice two things: he is a high volume you puncher that comes straight forward and leaves himself wide open and his eyes swell very easy, especially the left one. He will take three or four shots just to get one big shot off. His foot work is okay;however, he tends to gas out in the middle rounds. He wills himself to win and he has a heart of a fighter. Even win he is bloody and hurt he still fights like it is the first round. Guerrero truly believes that he was sent to beat the devil. He believes that his belief will give him a win over Mayweather. Belief can be a powerful thing in sports. Look at Ray Lewis, he said all a long that his team was destine to win the Superbowl and they did. Robert Guerrero maybe the only person with the exception of a hand full of people that believes that he will win. I applaud him for that. His strategy should be: balls to the wall. He needs to throw everything at Mayweather including the kitchen sink. He needs to jab, throw to the body, a few left hooks and even dance around Mayweather to pot shot him. He should also try to get him to trade shots with him in the middle of the ring and especially in the corner. Robert has the heart to win but he also needs to use his tools. I believe that he will not make the weight for the official weigh in and that may play with his mind however he should know that he does have youth on his side, youth will only play a part as long as his body and stamina can keep up with his desire to win. If Robert does pull off the upset it will be due to high punching activity and connect rate, he has to show the judges that he has been tagging Mayweather all night. Guerrero looks tired and a little stressed. The moment seems to overwhelm him. His father is basking in the light, Robert should pull a Danny Garcia and let his father do all the talking for him. This way he can get some rest and have the pressure taken off of him. With all the talking he has been doing he has to back it up, majorly. Guerrero will come out wanting to prove that he belongs in the same ring as the great Satan. He will try to impose his will on Mayweather from the very beginning. This can be a great thing if he does not get frustrated if he does not get the results he wants. He is going to try to hurt Mayweather early so I will be looking for some big shots early from Guerrero. he has to remember not to gas himself out if he does, that is his ass. Guerrero has to be patient and methodical. He needs to find the openings that are there and create opportunity. Throw the jab and wait to see what May gives him. He should not punch punch punch, he should jab, jab jab and then find his opening to the body. if he works Mayweather's body he should find holes in May's defense. Guerrero has a large hill to climb but it can be done. Ruben must not lead his son astray. He also needs to stay calm in the corner and give his son sound advice.

Mayweather: He is in physical top condition; he is going 12 rounds no problem. Mayweather is going to look to shut down any confidence Robert has from the very first ring. He is going to show him who is the big dog ring. he is going to display his defense and then slowly break down Guerrero's confidence by hitting him whenever he pleases and then not getting his. He will also show Guerrero that he can take a punch and to prove it in round 6 maybe 7 he is going to square his body and go toe to toe. This will be Guerrero's moment to shine but unfortunately uppercut and the body shot is going to dispel any hopes of getting that knock out heard around the world. Mayweather will use the strategy that he used against Corrales. He will be an offensive machine but at the same time be the elusive fighter that he is known to be. Mayweather has to take his time and force Guerrero into his fight because Guerrero is not going to bend or break that easy. Mayweather should see that Guerrero tiring in the mid rounds from there it will be a Hatton type fight. Now he could go the Emmanuel Burton route of fighting but his daddy will not allow it. His corner needs to be united. Roger and Sr. need to work together and not step on each other's toes. A calm corner is a calm fighter. Mentally Mayweather seems to be in a very good space. His children are with him he is not beefing with his dad and mainly he is focused and happy. This can either be a great sign or a dangerous one. A dangerous sign because he can go in the fight lax and honky doory but if he is still cagey and wants to shut up the Guerreros for all their shit talking... watch out.

One more day Gentlemen, one more day! clapping.gif
daprofessor
QUOTE (xxxxxx @ May 3 2013, 03:19 AM) *

i didn't get that at all.
daprofessor
QUOTE (Dolimite @ May 3 2013, 01:09 PM) *
My take on the fight, DaProfessor and Chitown don't be too harsh on my critique.

Guerrero: Robert Guerrero literally willed himself into getting this fight. He spoke it into existence and now he got actually want he asked for. Watching his past two fights against Berto and Aydin (Spelling is wrong) I notice two things: he is a high volume you puncher that comes straight forward and leaves himself wide open and his eyes swell very easy, especially the left one. He will take three or four shots just to get one big shot off. His foot work is okay;however, he tends to gas out in the middle rounds. He wills himself to win and he has a heart of a fighter. Even win he is bloody and hurt he still fights like it is the first round. Guerrero truly believes that he was sent to beat the devil. He believes that his belief will give him a win over Mayweather. Belief can be a powerful thing in sports. Look at Ray Lewis, he said all a long that his team was destine to win the Superbowl and they did. Robert Guerrero maybe the only person with the exception of a hand full of people that believes that he will win. I applaud him for that. His strategy should be: balls to the wall. He needs to throw everything at Mayweather including the kitchen sink. He needs to jab, throw to the body, a few left hooks and even dance around Mayweather to pot shot him. He should also try to get him to trade shots with him in the middle of the ring and especially in the corner. Robert has the heart to win but he also needs to use his tools. I believe that he will not make the weight for the official weigh in and that may play with his mind however he should know that he does have youth on his side, youth will only play a part as long as his body and stamina can keep up with his desire to win. If Robert does pull off the upset it will be due to high punching activity and connect rate, he has to show the judges that he has been tagging Mayweather all night. Guerrero looks tired and a little stressed. The moment seems to overwhelm him. His father is basking in the light, Robert should pull a Danny Garcia and let his father do all the talking for him. This way he can get some rest and have the pressure taken off of him. With all the talking he has been doing he has to back it up, majorly. Guerrero will come out wanting to prove that he belongs in the same ring as the great Satan. He will try to impose his will on Mayweather from the very beginning. This can be a great thing if he does not get frustrated if he does not get the results he wants. He is going to try to hurt Mayweather early so I will be looking for some big shots early from Guerrero. he has to remember not to gas himself out if he does, that is his ass. Guerrero has to be patient and methodical. He needs to find the openings that are there and create opportunity. Throw the jab and wait to see what May gives him. He should not punch punch punch, he should jab, jab jab and then find his opening to the body. if he works Mayweather's body he should find holes in May's defense. Guerrero has a large hill to climb but it can be done. Ruben must not lead his son astray. He also needs to stay calm in the corner and give his son sound advice.

Mayweather: He is in physical top condition; he is going 12 rounds no problem. Mayweather is going to look to shut down any confidence Robert has from the very first ring. He is going to show him who is the big dog ring. he is going to display his defense and then slowly break down Guerrero's confidence by hitting him whenever he pleases and then not getting his. He will also show Guerrero that he can take a punch and to prove it in round 6 maybe 7 he is going to square his body and go toe to toe. This will be Guerrero's moment to shine but unfortunately uppercut and the body shot is going to dispel any hopes of getting that knock out heard around the world. Mayweather will use the strategy that he used against Corrales. He will be an offensive machine but at the same time be the elusive fighter that he is known to be. Mayweather has to take his time and force Guerrero into his fight because Guerrero is not going to bend or break that easy. Mayweather should see that Guerrero tiring in the mid rounds from there it will be a Hatton type fight. Now he could go the Emmanuel Burton route of fighting but his daddy will not allow it. His corner needs to be united. Roger and Sr. need to work together and not step on each other's toes. A calm corner is a calm fighter. Mentally Mayweather seems to be in a very good space. His children are with him he is not beefing with his dad and mainly he is focused and happy. This can either be a great sign or a dangerous one. A dangerous sign because he can go in the fight lax and honky doory but if he is still cagey and wants to shut up the Guerreros for all their shit talking... watch out.

One more day Gentlemen, one more day! clapping.gif

good job homie. pretty much on point.
mgrover
All the shits Roberts been talking I don't mind as long as he backs it up, but I don't mean get the win, I mean as long as he's there not just for the pay check, as long as he's doing what he said he would. He said he's a multidimensional fighter, I want to see that.
daprofessor
QUOTE (mgrover @ May 3 2013, 04:57 PM) *
All the shits Roberts been talking I don't mind as long as he backs it up, but I don't mean get the win, I mean as long as he's there not just for the pay check, as long as he's doing what he said he would. He said he's a multidimensional fighter, I want to see that.

he is when he wants to be. go back and watch some of his fights.
mgrover
QUOTE (daprofessor @ May 3 2013, 10:31 PM) *
he is when he wants to be. go back and watch some of his fights.

with the amount of revision am doing for uni, I have no time to do homework for this fight lol
daprofessor
QUOTE (mgrover @ May 3 2013, 06:15 PM) *
with the amount of revision am doing for uni, I have no time to do homework for this fight lol

does your school have a boxing club? i know it's popular in the uk. i've heard that oxford and a few others have had boxing clubs for years.
xxxxxx
QUOTE (daprofessor @ May 3 2013, 01:49 PM) *
i didn't get that at all.

Guerrero looks ready to fight, no doubt about it, but the lights may have gotten to him. Lets see what he does tomorrow night. If the moment gets to him he's gonna be countered all night long and lose a lopsided decision. I see him making Mayweather fight more than he wants, but the skillz and experience will be the deciding factor. Mayweather Wins by UD around the 116-112 range.
Jack 1000
WOW!!!

One of my best friends and boxing buddies sent me his pick..........Guerrero SD!!!! He thinks Floyd's inactivity will be a factor and Robert is gonna be super motivated and can crack! He thinks Floyd is gonna suffer a bad cut along the way! I said that I think he is maybe one of three people to pick The Ghost, but one thing is for sure. The Ghost is pumped!

Jack
daprofessor
QUOTE (Jack 1000 @ May 3 2013, 08:57 PM) *
WOW!!!

One of my best friends and boxing buddies sent me his pick..........Guerrero SD!!!! He thinks Floyd's inactivity will be a factor and Robert is gonna be super motivated and can crack! He thinks Floyd is gonna suffer a bad cut along the way! I said that I think he is maybe one of three people to pick The Ghost, but one thing is for sure. The Ghost is pumped!

Jack

i can't go as far as picking guerrero...but i can't lie, all the signs are there to pick against him imo. his age....inactivity....the prison push up thing....bringing his pops back....steady decline in last 3 fights...and i think guerrero is super pumped and not at all intimidated. i'll stick to my 'floyd is going to have to dig deeper than he's ever dug before' prediction. i know this much...i haven't made any wagers on this...so i'll just sit back and enjoy it to the fullest. smile.gif plus i'm watching it at a very public sports bar that usually gets super packed for the big fights. should be fun. i'm sure everyone will be rooting against mayweather. not sure who i'm rooting for yet.
Cshel86
QUOTE (daprofessor @ May 3 2013, 09:31 PM) *
i can't go as far as picking guerrero...but i can't lie, all the signs are there to pick against him imo. his age....inactivity....the prison push up thing....bringing his pops back....steady decline in last 3 fights...and i think guerrero is super pumped and not at all intimidated. i'll stick to my 'floyd is going to have to dig deeper than he's ever dug before' prediction. i know this much...i haven't made any wagers on this...so i'll just sit back and enjoy it to the fullest. smile.gif plus i'm watching it at a very public sports bar that usually gets super packed for the big fights. should be fun. i'm sure everyone will be rooting against mayweather. not sure who i'm rooting for yet.

You're a very brave man with a high tolerance for bullshit...I'll give you your credit up front.
bMaK
QUOTE (daprofessor @ May 2 2013, 02:59 PM) *
you bring up a good point about guerrero looking tired. i thought he did towards the beginning of the camp....and it's clear that floyd has sat back and trained while guerrero has been the guy out there selling the fight...traveling around the country. that will take its toll on anyone. lately though...he looks refreshed and he isn't as old as floyd. the one thing about guerrero is that he has hasn't taken any beatings in his career and in his mind...he believes he's undefeated. he is oozing confidence and his body language and words show that imo. i'm liking his confidence going into the match.

GTFOH here prof! laugh.gif

I respect it though, you're gonna RIDE for the Cali boy, even if you're wheeling an empty bus.

Floyd's gonna chop him up bad. Statement fight. He's done an excellent job falling back and allowing the " wait, the underdog has a real chance here!" story to pick up steam.
bMaK
QUOTE (mgrover @ May 3 2013, 04:57 PM) *

He is a multidimensional fighter, but he's not great at any one thing. He's not going to be able to box with Floyd and all the inside, roughhouse, strongarm sh1t isn't going to work well for long even if the ref does let him fight.
iKeNjiro
Gonna post this fast reply....

Floyd is going to destroy Robert...

Sig bets anyone?
mgrover
QUOTE (daprofessor @ May 4 2013, 12:39 AM) *
does your school have a boxing club? i know it's popular in the uk. i've heard that oxford and a few others have had boxing clubs for years.

Nah they have muay thai which isn't really my thing
mgrover
anybody think this could end in a gift for Mayweather? Stupid I know, but he's the draw, and he brings in a fuckton of money for Las Vegas.
bMaK
The referee will end it. I don't think Rueben will know what to do between his nerves and the Mexican pride sh1t.

That right hand is going to do damage.
bMaK
The referee will end it. I don't think Rueben will know what to do between his nerves and the Mexican pride sh1t.

That right hand is going to do damage.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.