Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: All Access (Mayweather/Guerrero) Thread With Preview and Poll Now Added!
FightHype Community > OTHER HYPE > Archives
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5
Dolimite
QUOTE (mrchitown @ Apr 17 2013, 08:11 PM) *
Cool episode but in all honesty, I'm looking forward to the next one where Floyd talks about Guerrero's skills. He said some of the exact same things I've been trying to tell people about Guerrero, he fights too flat footed since he's moved up to welter. You WILL NOT beat Floyd that way and his best shot is to pressure Floyd and we all know Floyd feasts on them types

That whole younger stronger stuff is just talk, anyone with common sense knows that's not the end all be all because if that's the case the youngins would be running things but they not for the most part. That jail talk Reuben was spitting was wacker then a chief keef verse, he an old man talking like a bird bitch, shit's disgusting. Anybody who brags on jail like that needs to have their mental state examined...the more the Guerreo's talk the more I can't wait for them to take this L and take their paycheck and go back to obscurity

Exactly Chi, who the hell brags about going to jail. Your balls isn't bigger because you served time hardly. Not only that but they usually put high profile people in seclusion. This guy is a joke. And he doesn't sound very Christian to me. Guerrero with all his speech and shit is annoying me. He said Floyd runs like a chicken which I know he expects Floyd to stand in front of him so he can poke him in the eye with his thumb. I am actually tired of this guy I like his confidence but his shitty attitude is annoying me.
Cshel86
QUOTE (Dolimite @ Apr 18 2013, 07:56 AM) *
Waffle House hits when you are trying not to pass out. I actually like their pecan waffles but my spot for breakfast is Thumbs Up Diner, I love that place. I use to frequent Pastries A Go Go but I realized I hated their food and when one of m friends took me to Thumbs Up Diner, I was like this is the joint. But Waffle House isn't bad, hell Mayweather eats Taco Bell so what the hell. I was wondering who Sr. was singing to, Johnny Taylor! It was good seeing Roger. Real good.

I frequent Thumb's Up because it's near my job, and I must admit, that food will keep a brotha full ALL day long. Lol

I thought Floyd was at that Poco Loco drive-thru like he was on 24/7, now THAT shit was funny! Anyhow, who doesn't eat Taco Bell??? I could give a damn what people say about how its made, because I used to work there many moons ago. I can NEVER turn my back on Taco Bell! LOL

I was actually happy to see Roger, looks like he's doing better. I dont know if anybody saw the media workouts yesterday, but Roger and Floyd were doing pad work, and it seemed like Roger couldn't keep up at one point, but they did stop a few times because it seemed like they were on two different pages with the mitt patterns.

I may have looked to much into it though. I've seen the best trainers have to stop and regroup because them and the fighter were off a bit. I'm just not used to seeing Floyd and Roger do that. Anyhow, Floyd went HARD on the mitts and the body work...I mean HARD.

Robert STILL looked a bit chunky at the media workout. I mean shit dude, the fight is in 2 weeks, WTF are you doing? He still had a shit on and everything, smh. I hope this dude makes weight. He's begged for this payday, and I'd like to see him get his whole check. Sadly enough, he has some upcoming legal fees, maybe some past due medical bills, and a high possibility of losing some of his purse at the weigh-in.
Dolimite
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Apr 18 2013, 05:42 AM) *
I frequent Thumb's Up because it's near my job, and I must admit, that food will keep a brotha full ALL day long. Lol

I thought Floyd was at that Poco Loco drive-thru like he was on 24/7, now THAT shit was funny! Anyhow, who doesn't eat Taco Bell??? I could give a damn what people say about how its made, because I used to work there many moons ago. I can NEVER turn my back on Taco Bell! LOL

I was actually happy to see Roger, looks like he's doing better. I dont know if anybody saw the media workouts yesterday, but Roger and Floyd were doing pad work, and it seemed like Roger couldn't keep up at one point, but they did stop a few times because it seemed like they were on two different pages with the mitt patterns.

I may have looked to much into it though. I've seen the best trainers have to stop and regroup because them and the fighter were off a bit. I'm just not used to seeing Floyd and Roger do that. Anyhow, Floyd went HARD on the mitts and the body work...I mean HARD.

Robert STILL looked a bit chunky at the media workout. I mean shit dude, the fight is in 2 weeks, WTF are you doing? He still had a shit on and everything, smh. I hope this dude makes weight. He's begged for this payday, and I'd like to see him get his whole check. Sadly enough, he has some upcoming legal fees, maybe some past due medical bills, and a high possibility of losing some of his purse at the weigh-in.

I just finished watching The Mitt workout, in the beginning they looked great but I guess Roger tires a little faster. Floyd looks incredibly focused. The irony of Guerrero not making weight for this fight would be the icing on the cake. I can not wait for the press conference and the weigh ins! I am having a Mexican type of spread on May 4th. I may even watch the shit in Spanish!
daprofessor
QUOTE (Dolimite @ Apr 18 2013, 12:44 PM) *
I just finished watching The Mitt workout, in the beginning they looked great but I guess Roger tires a little faster. Floyd looks incredibly focused. The irony of Guerrero not making weight for this fight would be the icing on the cake. I can not wait for the press conference and the weigh ins! I am having a Mexican type of spread on May 4th. I may even watch the shit in Spanish!

that's the spirit. laugh.gif

u know real mexicans don't celebrate cinco de mayo? laugh.gif
mrchitown
QUOTE (Dolimite @ Apr 18 2013, 07:00 AM) *
Exactly Chi, who the hell brags about going to jail. Your balls isn't bigger because you served time hardly. Not only that but they usually put high profile people in seclusion. This guy is a joke. And he doesn't sound very Christian to me. Guerrero with all his speech and shit is annoying me. He said Floyd runs like a chicken which I know he expects Floyd to stand in front of him so he can poke him in the eye with his thumb. I am actually tired of this guy I like his confidence but his shitty attitude is annoying me.

he sounded real dumb saying that, and if he been in jail like he say he has then he would know that they don't put you in general pop or g-pop as we call it here in the Chi...they don't put you in there when your a celebrity or have some sort of fame. Some celebs have actually asked to be put in g-pop but were denied. Who the fuck knew Reuben Guerrero, they just threw his dumb ass in with the rest of the wolves lol.

That whole running thing, I think it's obvious why he said that. When a fighter knows they can't outslick someone or box them, they call them a runner..see Rios for an example. Anybody who doesn't stand and trade with them and fall into their game plan is a runner. He knows he's going to have to apply pressure to win and Floyd knows he will attempt to do so
mrchitown
The media day workouts were night and day, one was all business and the other seemed like a publicity fest. Guerrero answered more questions then he actually did work, and he did look somewhat still outta shape still. Mayweather was an animal on the heavy bag, I've always respected the work he puts in on the mitts but his bag work is insane. I think Roger is doing better but maybe he still has some lingering effects of his illness. He did have to stop a bit. But his mind is still sharp and that's what counts
VJones
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Apr 18 2013, 08:42 AM) *

Seemed like there was a bit of tension happening at the MBC yesterday. Floyd was a slight cranky...a bit annoyed with his publicist and the length of the interviews. He wanted to work! (Which tells a lot about where his mind is right now). I think Robert is going to get a severe beating on May 4th. Floyd is fierce right now.

I agree that Roger may have slowed just a hair...but I think the couple of times when rhythm was off was more due to Floyd's increase in intensity. He's in beast mode.

I'm pleased that Sr. is in camp to make sure Floyd doesn't overtrain. If there's such a thing for a real athlete...who's virtually always training on some level.

But I'm not pleased about the slight tension between the brothers. Wish they would get that together. My family's close, so I don't get it...but I understand it.

Meanwhile, Robert's Media Workout was all media and no workout....smh.
Dolimite
QUOTE (mrchitown @ Apr 18 2013, 12:19 PM) *
The media day workouts were night and day, one was all business and the other seemed like a publicity fest. Guerrero answered more questions then he actually did work, and he did look somewhat still outta shape still. Mayweather was an animal on the heavy bag, I've always respected the work he puts in on the mitts but his bag work is insane. I think Roger is doing better but maybe he still has some lingering effects of his illness. He did have to stop a bit. But his mind is still sharp and that's what counts

Remember how Guerrero said that he would not fall for Floyd's mental games? He has because he rather talk than actually get his fat ass up and work. Game. Set. Match! This guy.
VJones
QUOTE (mrchitown @ Apr 18 2013, 02:16 PM) *
he sounded real dumb saying that, and if he been in jail like he say he has then he would know that they don't put you in general pop or g-pop as we call it here in the Chi...they don't put you in there when your a celebrity or have some sort of fame. Some celebs have actually asked to be put in g-pop but were denied. Who the fuck knew Reuben Guerrero, they just threw his dumb ass in with the rest of the wolves lol.

That whole running thing, I think it's obvious why he said that. When a fighter knows they can't outslick someone or box them, they call them a runner..see Rios for an example. Anybody who doesn't stand and trade with them and fall into their game plan is a runner. He knows he's going to have to apply pressure to win and Floyd knows he will attempt to do so

I so agree with your analysis on the "running" comment. Came out of nowhere considering how Floyd has sat in the pocket more in recent fights. Either Floyd's legs are gone or he's a runner. You can't have it both ways, Robert.

As for Sr. G, he's making Robert look bad with some of the crazy coming out of his mouth. Smh.

QUOTE (mrchitown @ Apr 18 2013, 02:19 PM) *

Chi...but did you see (and hear) how hard Floyd was hitting those mitts?! I would have tired too! Lol

That wasnt the diabetes. Floyd was burning through poor Roger's hands!! Lol
VJones
QUOTE (Dolimite @ Apr 18 2013, 05:35 PM) *
Remember how Guerrero said that he would not fall for Floyd's mental games? He has because he rather talk than actually get his fat ass up and work. Game. Set. Match! This guy.

Lol. I think the Guerrero's are drowning in those bright lights. He criticized Ortiz (continues to do so every chance he gets)...but I see some more "stupid" coming from him before its all said and done. Hope it's not in the ring...
flazi
You dont feed 'em? C'mon Dolimite, it 2013...at you can feed them frozen stir fry...or what I actually call, "Chicken Wallah!"...you heat up the grease, drop the frozen stri-fry in it, then "Wallah!"...dinner. LOL

You're right, I caaaan cook, but I wont cook for all of 'em. If she lays on her back, then she may get a turkey sandwich, on a slow day, a spam sandwich.

lmao. my whole dinners are chicken wallah's
mrchitown
QUOTE (Dolimite @ Apr 18 2013, 05:35 PM) *

Mentally I think he doesn't know it yet but he's been played. Those media blitzes he did, the way he acted in his media day workout, physically he doesn't look like he's there yet. I know he weighed in at 159 for the check in. He got some serious work to do
mrchitown
QUOTE (VJones @ Apr 18 2013, 05:41 PM) *
I so agree with your analysis on the "running" comment. Came out of nowhere considering how Floyd has sat in the pocket more in recent fights. Either Floyd's legs are gone or he's a runner. You can't have it both ways, Robert.

As for Sr. G, he's making Robert look bad with some of the crazy coming out of his mouth. Smh.

Chi...but did you see (and hear) how hard Floyd was hitting those mitts?! I would have tired too! Lol

That wasnt the diabetes. Floyd was burning through poor Roger's hands!! Lol

You right you right, he was intense on those mitts lol

I find it funny how boxers who fight flat footed like Guerrero call others runners when in all honesty, it's not hard to get away from a flat footed pressure fighter
daprofessor
QUOTE (mrchitown @ Apr 18 2013, 07:46 PM) *
Mentally I think he doesn't know it yet but he's been played. Those media blitzes he did, the way he acted in his media day workout, physically he doesn't look like he's there yet. I know he weighed in at 159 for the check in. He got some serious work to do

correct me if i'm wrong....i don't ever recall guerrero missing the mark on weigh ins. 12 lbs above one month out is not bad. he's going to be the bigger man come fight night. floyd is not going to stop him.
mrchitown
QUOTE (daprofessor @ Apr 18 2013, 06:49 PM) *
correct me if i'm wrong....i don't ever recall guerrero missing the mark on weigh ins. 12 lbs above one month out is not bad. he's going to be the bigger man come fight night. floyd is not going to stop him.

Have you seen his fat ass? Of course he's going to be bigger. He's 159 but the way his body looks is my issue, he needs to do more training and less talking. I didn't say he was going to stop him but he could. Your boy been taged by Aydin and Berto, he was hurt in BOTH his fights at welter. So don't think it's out the realm of possibility my friend. Just get ready for this L he about to take
mrchitown
A lot of times you see guys that are hypocrites, stated Mayweather. Like you got a guy whos always preaching like hes a preacher, like he loves God more than anyone else, and I feel that were all equal when its all said and done. You got this guy thats going to the 700 Club, acting like hes a pastor, but he got caught with a gun and hes got Marilyn Monroe on his wall at his house, so like I said before, these guys are hypocrites. Like I said, you live, you learn, thats not really my focus, you know what Im saying? When a guy presents himself like Robert Guerrero was doing with myself. They were joking about me doing time. They say what goes around comes around, so a week after the fight its time for him to do his time!

I agree with this statement, he talking real shit
daprofessor
QUOTE (mrchitown @ Apr 18 2013, 08:26 PM) *
A lot of times you see guys that are hypocrites, stated Mayweather. Like you got a guy whos always preaching like hes a preacher, like he loves God more than anyone else, and I feel that were all equal when its all said and done. You got this guy thats going to the 700 Club, acting like hes a pastor, but he got caught with a gun and hes got Marilyn Monroe on his wall at his house, so like I said before, these guys are hypocrites. Like I said, you live, you learn, thats not really my focus, you know what Im saying? When a guy presents himself like Robert Guerrero was doing with myself. They were joking about me doing time. They say what goes around comes around, so a week after the fight its time for him to do his time!

I agree with this statement, he talking real shit

laugh.gif floyd is a very observant dude and is right on point with this statement. in the end....it's all shit talk. all that will matter is what happens in the ring.
daprofessor
QUOTE (mrchitown @ Apr 18 2013, 08:24 PM) *
Have you seen his fat ass? Of course he's going to be bigger. He's 159 but the way his body looks is my issue, he needs to do more training and less talking. I didn't say he was going to stop him but he could. Your boy been taged by Aydin and Berto, he was hurt in BOTH his fights at welter. So don't think it's out the realm of possibility my friend. Just get ready for this L he about to take

i saw some pics...none that showed him completely. i don't remember him being hurt in either fight. i do remember him taking flush shots and he kept coming. i was at the aydin fight....watched the berto fight on tv. both guys are decent punchers and have way more stoppages than floyd at 147.
mrchitown
QUOTE (daprofessor @ Apr 18 2013, 07:40 PM) *
i saw some pics...none that showed him completely. i don't remember him being hurt in either fight. i do remember him taking flush shots and he kept coming. i was at the aydin fight....watched the berto fight on tv. both guys are decent punchers and have way more stoppages than floyd at 147.

He was buzzed a few times in each of those fights. Yeah they may have more pop but you and I BOTH know that clean shots like the one Floyd throws can get him outta there. I'm confident in a Mayweather win, maybe not a KO but a win
mrchitown
QUOTE (daprofessor @ Apr 18 2013, 07:38 PM) *
laugh.gif floyd is a very observant dude and is right on point with this statement. in the end....it's all shit talk. all that will matter is what happens in the ring.

Tell that to the Guerrero's lol
daprofessor
QUOTE (mrchitown @ Apr 18 2013, 08:51 PM) *
He was buzzed a few times in each of those fights. Yeah they may have more pop but you and I BOTH know that clean shots like the one Floyd throws can get him outta there. I'm confident in a Mayweather win, maybe not a KO but a win

i'm picking floyd to win too. he's going to have to walk through a shit storm to do it though.
mrchitown
QUOTE (daprofessor @ Apr 18 2013, 08:14 PM) *
i'm picking floyd to win too. he's going to have to walk through a shit storm to do it though.

I agree with you, TBH the more I look at Guerrero's older fights and his 2 recent ones at Welter, I think he has a chance at an upset win but I'm still going with Floyd because Robert has been fighting flat footed and you know just as well as anybody else that he's a skilled boxer. I mean the guy can actually box but to beat Floyd he's going to have to apply smart pressure

In the end I see Mayweather's hand getting raised. Sure he's slowed down but it's something to be said about the power of the mind, he is so sharp mentally still that I believe his ring IQ will carry him to victory
daprofessor
QUOTE (mrchitown @ Apr 18 2013, 09:25 PM) *
I agree with you, TBH the more I look at Guerrero's older fights and his 2 recent ones at Welter, I think he has a chance at an upset win but I'm still going with Floyd because Robert has been fighting flat footed and you know just as well as anybody else that he's a skilled boxer. I mean the guy can actually box but to beat Floyd he's going to have to apply smart pressure

In the end I see Mayweather's hand getting raised. Sure he's slowed down but it's something to be said about the power of the mind, he is so sharp mentally still that I believe his ring IQ will carry him to victory

i said cotto was going to have a good showing and a shot at a possible upset because he applied intelligent pressure. the thing about cotto...he was able to land on floyd more than anyone prior because he was going to the body. cotto's problem was that he doesn't take shots as well as he used to. the difference between him and robert is that robert goes to the body religously (pun intended) and he will get clean head shots as a result. the fact that i think he takes a better shot than cotto at this point...and i believe he's a sharper puncher at this point as well...will serve him well against floyd. of that list that was put out there...i think guerrero is the toughest opponent to take up front. i don't know that floyd is going to make it through this 6 fight deal unscathed.
mrchitown
QUOTE (daprofessor @ Apr 18 2013, 08:34 PM) *
i said cotto was going to have a good showing and a shot at a possible upset because he applied intelligent pressure. the thing about cotto...he was able to land on floyd more than anyone prior because he was going to the body. cotto's problem was that he doesn't take shots as well as he used to. the difference between him and robert is that robert goes to the body religously (pun intended) and he will get clean head shots as a result. the fact that i think he takes a better shot than cotto at this point...and i believe he's a sharper puncher at this point as well...will serve him well against floyd. of that list that was put out there...i think guerrero is the toughest opponent to take up front. i don't know that floyd is going to make it through this 6 fight deal unscathed.

You think he takes an L?
VJones
QUOTE (mrchitown @ Apr 18 2013, 06:49 PM) *
You right you right, he was intense on those mitts lol

I find it funny how boxers who fight flat footed like Guerrero call others runners when in all honesty, it's not hard to get away from a flat footed pressure fighter

Agreed! And now (due to the infestation of casual/uneducated fans) in boxing (thanks Manny), we have this new school of thought that says brawling and taking punishment is cool...and skilled boxing and defense is uncool. So this, "He ran/will run" stuff is on an all time high. So now dudes just say it because they can. Smh. He wants to influence the mind of the uneducated fan and capitalize on the notion that Mayweather is a "runner".

But fans can't win you a fight. He better learn to cut of the ring! =)

QUOTE (mrchitown @ Apr 18 2013, 07:24 PM) *

Lol...I gotta agree here...less talking, more training. Man, I used to like Robert Guerrero. Not so much in the last couple years. And with each new interview or episode...less and less.
VJones

I'm trying to see your point, Prof. But I look at this guy....and his mouth is saying one thing, while his eyes and body language seem to say another. His wife says: "Robert wants to be the best/Robert believes..." instead of "I believe/We want/He is..." So I don't think she's convinced he can win. Sr. G is a media whore...and isn't much of a trainer (in the traditional sense)...I don't think he has a game plan...And Robert was visibly annoyed with his father's theatrics on media day. Team Guerrero seems to be all over the place. I think these guys are running on a wing and a prayer.

And yes, 12 pounds is not so much to lose in 30 days, but doesn't 159 (30+ days into training) seem quite excessive for a guy who's been fighting at lightweight most of his career? And who just fought a few months ago.

I dunno...I just see a washout coming. Not just an outclassing...but I see a beating. I think you're right about the storm. But I think we'll see a Mayweather storm. And I'm still holding fast to my (very bold, almost premature lol) prediction that G gets knocked out within 10.

But who knows...maybe he'll color me surprised! wink.gif

I think it's gonna be a great fight, regardless of the outcome.
daprofessor
QUOTE (mrchitown @ Apr 18 2013, 11:51 PM) *
You think he takes an L?

if he tries to get to that 6th fight...yes.
daprofessor
QUOTE (VJones @ Apr 19 2013, 12:15 AM) *
Agreed! And now (due to the infestation of casual/uneducated fans) in boxing (thanks Manny), we have this new school of thought that says brawling and taking punishment is cool...and skilled boxing and defense is uncool. So this, "He ran/will run" stuff is on an all time high. So now dudes just say it because they can. Smh. He wants to influence the mind of the uneducated fan and capitalize on the notion that Mayweather is a "runner".

Lol...I gotta agree here...less talking, more training. Man, I used to like Robert Guerrero. Not so much in the last couple years. And with each new interview or episode...less and less.

i still like the dude. i just see his change in persona as a way of realizing his days were numbered so he had to switch it up. the squeaky wheel gets the oil. had he stayed the course...and not switched it up by being more vocal...he'd be fighting for pennies and would never be in this situation.
daprofessor
QUOTE (VJones @ Apr 19 2013, 12:37 AM) *
I'm trying to see your point, Prof. But I look at this guy....and his mouth is saying one thing, while his eyes and body language seem to say another. His wife says: "Robert wants to be the best/Robert believes..." instead of "I believe/We want/He is..." So I don't think she's convinced he can win. Sr. G is a media whore...and isn't much of a trainer (in the traditional sense)...I don't think he has a game plan...And Robert was visibly annoyed with his father's theatrics on media day. Team Guerrero seems to be all over the place. I think these guys are running on a wing and a prayer.

And yes, 12 pounds is not so much to lose in 30 days, but doesn't 159 (30+ days into training) seem quite excessive for a guy who's been fighting at lightweight most of his career? And who just fought a few months ago.

I dunno...I just see a washout coming. Not just an outclassing...but I see a beating. I think you're right about the storm. But I think we'll see a Mayweather storm. And I'm still holding fast to my (very bold, almost premature lol) prediction that G gets knocked out within 10.

But who knows...maybe he'll color me surprised! wink.gif

I think it's gonna be a great fight, regardless of the outcome.

10-12lbs a month out...that's pretty much on target. guerrero is mexican...his body isn't going to be ripped like floyds. it's not in his genes. i'll agree that his camp is a little all over the place and he doesn't have control of what his pops is going to say....but he seems to be taking it all in stride. he's always been a humble guy...so his body language really doesn't look much different to me. his words are definitely outside of the normal stuff he talks...but i believe that's all part of the promotion and what led to him getting this fight in the first place. he knows what he has to do....it's just going to come down to executing on the day of the fight. i believe he'll be prepared. he already does a lot of what is going to help him in the fight. he knows what floyd is capable of...and he can make adjustments himself. lets see what happens. i'll be shocked if floyd stops him.
Hotsauce
i said cotto was going to have a good showing and a shot at a possible upset because he applied intelligent pressure. the thing about cotto...he was able to land on floyd more than anyone prior because he was going to the body. cotto's problem was that he doesn't take shots as well as he used to. the difference between him and robert is that robert goes to the body religously (pun intended) and he will get clean head shots as a result. the fact that i think he takes a better shot than cotto at this point...and i believe he's a sharper puncher at this point as well...will serve him well against floyd. of that list that was put out there...i think guerrero is the toughest opponent to take up front. [b]i don't know that floyd is going to make it through this 6 fight deal unscathed.

i been thinking this for awhile. if he does the 6 fight deal, he's taking a L.
KOpower
The ratings for All-Access show #2 and they are very disappointing.

Mayweather-Guerrero All Access #2: 64,000 views
Mayweather-Guerrero All Access #1: 105,000 views

Mayweather-Cotto 24/7 #2: 493,000 views

Not good news for Showtime.
daprofessor
QUOTE (Hotsauce @ Apr 19 2013, 04:27 PM) *
i been thinking this for awhile. if he does the 6 fight deal, he's taking a L.

in essence....showtime has paid to have the rights to televise his first loss. it's going to come down to if floyd is going to meet all the demands of that contract or not. i haven't seen it...but from what ppl are saying...there is an out for him. he's not obligated to give them all six fights. i believe he's going to make a good portion of this money and bow out before that loss happens. it's going to leave all the haters/critics butt hurt and floyd will say something about his concern for his health...blah,blah,blah. he's really playing a game of chicken with his first loss. i think he bows out before it happens.
daprofessor
QUOTE (KOpower @ Apr 19 2013, 05:42 PM) *

the ppv numbers are going to suffer too. he should have had canelo on the undercard. laugh.gif
Dolimite
QUOTE (daprofessor @ Apr 19 2013, 01:47 PM) *
the ppv numbers are going to suffer too. he should have had canelo on the undercard. laugh.gif

Spot on!
KOpower
PPV numbers will still be solid, but they obviously won't be what they were for the Cotto fight. HBO did a great job of marketing and promoting Floyd. Showtime just doesn't have the money or the juice to match that.
scdrking2
I dont think Showtime has the subscriber base that HBO has. That is going to hurt events and series that move from HBO to Showtime. Where Showtime provides the advantage is in the tie in the CBS and marketing the actual PPV during the NCAA tournament and other prime time slots. The test is how long it takes Showtime/CBS to figure out how to best leverage that over the air asset.

BTW...Canelo/Trout is going to suffer as well from the smaller subscriber base.
mrchitown
QUOTE (daprofessor @ Apr 19 2013, 01:39 PM) *
if he tries to get to that 6th fight...yes.

I can't refute that, because I've been going back and forth on it
mrchitown
QUOTE (VJones @ Apr 18 2013, 11:15 PM) *

The casual fans are the ones that kill me the most, nothing annoys me more then being in a sports bar and hearing these idiots who only know of 1 fighter talk shit like they are master teachers of boxing. I've unfortunately had to suffer thru this experience too many times over the years

That whole pressure fighter shit is on RG, he knows what he has to do to pull this win off and he's going to have to step in the kitchen. The question is when Chef Mayweather starts turning up the heat, how will RG respond?

His interviews are funny but his father is stealing the show and I don't know if that's a good idea, he should be focused on helpin Robert get prepared
mrchitown
QUOTE (KOpower @ Apr 19 2013, 04:42 PM) *

Those numbers suck....maybe as he gets closer into the deal and Showtime/CBS figures out how to leverage this new found power they have that the numbers will pick up in the future
daprofessor
QUOTE (mrchitown @ Apr 19 2013, 09:33 PM) *
The casual fans are the ones that kill me the most, nothing annoys me more then being in a sports bar and hearing these idiots who only know of 1 fighter talk shit like they are master teachers of boxing. I've unfortunately had to suffer thru this experience too many times over the years

That whole pressure fighter shit is on RG, he knows what he has to do to pull this win off and he's going to have to step in the kitchen. The question is when Chef Mayweather starts turning up the heat, how will RG respond?

His interviews are funny but his father is stealing the show and I don't know if that's a good idea, he should be focused on helpin Robert get prepared

they're the christian version of angel and danny garcia. laugh.gif

daprofessor
QUOTE (mrchitown @ Apr 19 2013, 09:34 PM) *
Those numbers suck....maybe as he gets closer into the deal and Showtime/CBS figures out how to leverage this new found power they have that the numbers will pick up in the future

i don't know...
Cshel86
QUOTE (mrchitown @ Apr 19 2013, 09:34 PM) *

Hmm...me thinks that Showtime will cut their losses after, let's saaaaay, his 3rd or 4th fight with them. You have to look at how much they're paying Floyd, along with all of those Golden Boy fighters who are managed by Haymon, who are used to making outrageous money for bum opponents.

HBO has a huuuge numbers of subscribers, unlike Showtime. If "Money Mayweather" isn't able to pull in more subscribers, then there's no way they're gonna be able to continue to pay him that much money for 5 more fights, especially if he's about to break the bank to fight the likes of an unknown Robert Guerrero.

Again, around his 3rd or 4th fight, I think Showtime salutes him, shakes his hand, and say "Great doing business with you" while thinking, "Now we need to find out how the fuck we're gonna recover all of this money that you drained us for". NOW, if he's able to get them more subscribers in the near future, then they're in luck.
Cshel86
QUOTE (KOpower @ Apr 19 2013, 05:42 PM) *

Where did these numbers come from? IF they came from Kevin Iole, then you're just as much of a fool as the other believers. doesn't Iole work for Top Rank?

Now, I'm not officially ruling you out as an idiot just yet, because I know for a fact that Showtime doesn't have many subscribers, and fighters' numbers of buyers and viewers drop tremendously because of this.
MaxPayne
I don't think "All Access" views are indicative of the PPV buys. At this point in time, we can pretty much guarantee that any Floyd Mayweather fight will do at least 1 million PPV buys.

Now, add to that Sponsorship fees and you're looking at gross revenues of anywhere from $80 million to over $100 million (that's given 1 MM buys).

Much more people have HBO subscriptions than Showtime, so it's understandable that the viewership for preview shows would be higher.

As long as a set number of people buy the PPVs, I imagine everyone will be just fine.
checkleft
QUOTE (KOpower @ Apr 19 2013, 04:56 PM) *
PPV numbers will still be solid, but they obviously won't be what they were for the Cotto fight. HBO did a great job of marketing and promoting Floyd. Showtime just doesn't have the money or the juice to match that.

It's obviously not the money cause they just broke the bank with fmj. The juice is where your completely right. Hbo isn't only just more convenient, people know it as the better network (even if its not). Once it gets to ppv, yea it might drop a little, not just because of showtime but because of the pac glamour being gone as well, but I still expectmarquez/ortiz numbers. Solid non the less
mrchitown
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Apr 19 2013, 11:09 PM) *
Hmm...me thinks that Showtime will cut their losses after, let's saaaaay, his 3rd or 4th fight with them. You have to look at how much they're paying Floyd, along with all of those Golden Boy fighters who are managed by Haymon, who are used to making outrageous money for bum opponents.

HBO has a huuuge numbers of subscribers, unlike Showtime. If "Money Mayweather" isn't able to pull in more subscribers, then there's no way they're gonna be able to continue to pay him that much money for 5 more fights, especially if he's about to break the bank to fight the likes of an unknown Robert Guerrero.

Again, around his 3rd or 4th fight, I think Showtime salutes him, shakes his hand, and say "Great doing business with you" while thinking, "Now we need to find out how the fuck we're gonna recover all of this money that you drained us for". NOW, if he's able to get them more subscribers in the near future, then they're in luck.

I agree, I think that 3rd and possibly 4th fight will be the key to see if he makes it thru this deal. This fight is just like both Showtime and Floyd getting their feet wet. And you made a key point about fighting unknowns like Guerrero, if he wants to keep that contract and if Showtime wants that money recouped and more subscribers, then he's going to have to take on challengers that pose a real threat to beating him

I too would like to know the source of those viewership numbers
Amandla
Regarding the viewing figures...this weeks figures are likely down due to the Canelo/Trout fight being hyped this week. Check next week those figures will be back up again.
Franchize
I get the feeling that Guerrero might not make weight. Just a gut feeling. Not saying it will happen. I just have an itchy feeling.

And is it me or is Guerrero and his team saying all the shit everyone else says? "Floyd is going to run. Floyd is getting old and losing a step. Floyd is scared. Floyd don't like to fight rough. Floyd is all talk. Floyd is flashy. Floyd doesn't have class. Floyd like's to trash talk but I'm not gonna let that get to me. I'm not going to fall into his trap and let him intimidate me." Then they go to some secluded place to train. Talk about missing their family and play the humble guy who's going to take out the flashy big mouth.

In actuality, Floyd hasn't "ran" (casual boxing fan term for ring generalship) in quite some fights now. He's fought in the pocket for a minute. Also, guys go on and on about not falling into the trash talking trap and end up talking more than he does lol.

BTW, what do you guys think about Sr telling Jr to slow down with his training?
Hotsauce
QUOTE (Franchize @ Apr 20 2013, 11:44 PM) *
I get the feeling that Guerrero might not make weight. Just a gut feeling. Not saying it will happen. I just have an itchy feeling.

And is it me or is Guerrero and his team saying all the shit everyone else says? "Floyd is going to run. Floyd is getting old and losing a step. Floyd is scared. Floyd don't like to fight rough. Floyd is all talk. Floyd is flashy. Floyd doesn't have class. Floyd like's to trash talk but I'm not gonna let that get to me. I'm not going to fall into his trap and let him intimidate me." Then they go to some secluded place to train. Talk about missing their family and play the humble guy who's going to take out the flashy big mouth.

In actuality, Floyd hasn't "ran" (casual boxing fan term for ring generalship) in quite some fights now. He's fought in the pocket for a minute. Also, guys go on and on about not falling into the trash talking trap and end up talking more than he does lol.

BTW, what do you guys think about Sr telling Jr to slow down with his training?

i don't think he would overtrain himself. he's been doing this his whole life.
The Original MrFactor
You know undoubtedly this will be the talk for the next few weeks. it will get ramped up even more should Mayweather beat Guerrero. What will Mayweather's excuses be?? Alvarez doesnt fight for Arum---check! He is available---check!! he wants the fight---check!! He's a big draw---check!!

I think Alvarez size and youth would prevail should this fight come off. Thats why it aint gonna come off, but i'll wait and see what the excuses are...
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.