Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: who would you like to see rigondeaux fight next?
FightHype Community > BOXING HYPE > Boxing
daprofessor
abner mares
aslemo moreno
king kong agbeko
chris john
mikey garcia
vic darchinyan

someone else?
mgrover
QUOTE (daprofessor @ Apr 16 2013, 08:04 PM) *
abner mares
aslemo moreno
king kong agbeko
chris john
mikey garcia
vic darchinyan

someone else?

He'll probably take some form of soft touch most likely Vic or Agbeko. Since Moreno would be a nightmare with his general slickness, Mares wouldn't happen, Garcia seems pretty beastly right about now and am not sure about John but he beat Marquez and that says it all
Col Reb
Vic! Gotta love that guy!
dre98
QUOTE (mgrover @ Apr 16 2013, 03:09 PM) *
He'll probably take some form of soft touch most likely Vic or Agbeko. Since Moreno would be a nightmare with his general slickness, Mares wouldn't happen, Garcia seems pretty beastly right about now and am not sure about John but he beat Marquez and that says it all

I think that Moreno fight might be epic. Two boxers fighting like cobras in the ring. Boxing needs that. We have too many fights where brawlers fighting brawlers and nobody seems to have skills anymore.

i think Rigo beats Vic badly.
mgrover
He's already beat Vic, and I think Moreno would beat him, that's why it won't happen lol.

edit: for some reason I thought the thread said who do you want donaire to fight next, more proof that am losing it. to the original question.

abner mares
aslemo moreno
chris john
mikey garcia

those 4 and move on
checkleft
QUOTE (mgrover @ Apr 16 2013, 03:09 PM) *

A lot of people say john robbed marquez but then again that's been the story of his life lol.

Garcia is too big, doubt he comes down. And if I were arum I would try to rent out rigo for the mares fight or rent mares, I think mares will be more competitive but that rigo can finish him so there's no worry of shitty scorecards. I mean arum would be knocking off one of gbps stars so its win win for them. The moreno fight would be a nightmare for rigo in terms of styles.
daprofessor
QUOTE (checkleft @ Apr 16 2013, 06:25 PM) *
A lot of people say john robbed marquez but then again that's been the story of his life lol.

Garcia is too big, doubt he comes down. And if I were arum I would try to rent out rigo for the mares fight or rent mares, I think mares will be more competitive but that rigo can finish him so there's no worry of shitty scorecards. I mean arum would be knocking off one of gbps stars so its win win for them. The moreno fight would be a nightmare for rigo in terms of styles.

they have a selling point for rigondeaux/mares....mares needs to avenge his two losses to him. that may all become a moot point if ponce de leon beats him. the moreno fight would be another chess match...but i think rigondeaux takes it.

as for garcia... i don't think his size will phase rigondeaux one bit...and garcia is very hittable. i'd be shocked if they (garcia's team) took the fight.

checkleft
QUOTE (daprofessor @ Apr 16 2013, 06:44 PM) *
they have a selling point for rigondeaux/mares....mares needs to avenge his two losses to him. that may all become a moot point if ponce de leon beats him. the moreno fight would be another chess match...but i think rigondeaux takes it.

as for garcia... i don't think his size will phase rigondeaux one bit...and garcia is very hittable. i'd be shocked if they (garcia's team) took the fight.

Exactly, I would love to see the mares fight. And it seemed like he was forcing golden boys hand in terms of trying to fight donaire. I didn't know rigo beat him in the ams, but to be fair I'm sure rigo was substantially older lol. Like I said I think mares can be more effective but I can see rigo still outboxing him and probably knocking him out. Agbeko hurt him pretty bad a few times and I see rigo is faster and stronger.

As for Garcia I think he's about two weight classes up above him, and not to mention he is a bad ass fighter so I doubt arum risks putting another star of his in the lions den
daprofessor
QUOTE (checkleft @ Apr 16 2013, 06:59 PM) *
Exactly, I would love to see the mares fight. And it seemed like he was forcing golden boys hand in terms of trying to fight donaire. I didn't know rigo beat him in the ams, but to be fair I'm sure rigo was substantially older lol. Like I said I think mares can be more effective but I can see rigo still outboxing him and probably knocking him out. Agbeko hurt him pretty bad a few times and I see rigo is faster and stronger.

As for Garcia I think he's about two weight classes up above him, and not to mention he is a bad ass fighter so I doubt arum risks putting another star of his in the lions den

the last fight happened at the 2003 pan am games. abner was 18 and rigondeaux was 23. it was in the finals.

garcia is fighting at 126. that's just 4lbs north of rigondeaux. i wouldn't doubt pride on the garcia's side would make that fight. i'd favor rigondeaux in that match up.
mrchitown
I'd like to see Rigo fight Garcia next but that's probably not going to happen until way down the road, and that's even if Arum puts Mikey in there with him. This would be a great fight IMO, I currently lean towards Rigo in this one but Garcia is showing improvement each time out
bosco
I don't want to see Rigo fight anyone. I'm all for the sweet science and hit and don't get hit but to average 7 punch connects per round is unbearable. I'd rather not watch him again.
BoxingEinstein
QUOTE (bosco @ Apr 16 2013, 11:41 PM) *
I don't want to see Rigo fight anyone. I'm all for the sweet science and hit and don't get hit but to average 7 punch connects per round is unbearable. I'd rather not watch him again.

He did average that..smh..that's worse than Floyd in the Baldomir fight. Rigos only challenges is up the next division. He should fight Mikey or Salido.
Dolimite
QUOTE (BoxingEinstein @ Apr 16 2013, 10:33 PM) *
He did average that..smh..that's worse than Floyd in the Baldomir fight. Rigos only challenges is up the next division. He should fight Mikey or Salido.

If he moves to 126 that is the fight I want to see. Mikey Garcia is not your typical Mexican fighter, he actually shows boxing skills. A very smart fighter. I think Rigondeaux could give him fits. It would be an intriguing match up. Make that happen. Hell a fight with Gary Russell Jr. would be interesting if he moves up as well.
The Original MrFactor
Mares
Darchinyan
Rematch with Donaire
emd01
I think Rigo would outbox any of the guys listed in the original post....including Moreno. He'd KO half of them. Rigo has put himself in a bad spot with this win. Arum is going to send him into obscurity or make him move up 3 weight classes to fight beasts in hopes he'll get KOed. He will not fight a GBP fighter though. Not unless he leaves Arum.
sduck
He's going to beat all those guys lol

I also heard he beat Mares, Broner, and a few other known names in the amateurs.
mikE11
If he goes up to featherweight, Chris John. Someone needs to take his claim in the ring before he retires.
daprofessor
i get that not everyone appreciates the finer points of boxing. it's like george foreman used to say..."boxing is like jazz....the better it gets, the few people appreciate it."

i am a jazz afficianado...i have also been playing chess my whole life. checkers and pop music are not things i bother with.
mrchitown
QUOTE (daprofessor @ Apr 17 2013, 01:45 PM) *
i get that not everyone appreciates the finer points of boxing. it's like george foreman used to say..."boxing is like jazz....the better it gets, the few people appreciate it."

i am a jazz afficianado...i have also been playing chess my whole life. checkers and pop music are not things i bother with.

What's poppin Spike Lee laugh.gif
daprofessor
QUOTE (mrchitown @ Apr 17 2013, 04:13 PM) *
What's poppin Spike Lee laugh.gif

Aware
QUOTE (daprofessor @ Apr 17 2013, 02:45 PM) *

I also play chess. What is your rating?
daprofessor
QUOTE (Aware @ Apr 17 2013, 04:31 PM) *
I also play chess. What is your rating?

bad ass. laugh.gif

Franchize
I'd like to see him fight Mares or Juan Manuel Lopez. Or take that motherfucker Billy Dib out of existence. So tired of hearing about what the fuck he's ABOUT to do lol I wanna see if he's the real deal or another Mike Dallas Jr lol
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.