Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Preview of Next Weeks HBO Card-Sergio Martinez vs. Martin Murray
FightHype Community > BOXING HYPE > Boxing
Jack 1000
Big fights next week!

On Martinez-Murray-I expect a good sloppy brawl, with Martinez wearing him down in a harder than expected fight. Murray is a brawler. But I will take Sergio by TKO 10.

Another thing it is in Argentina and I am very concerned about security there. Also note that WBC Rules (Not unified rules) will be in effect. Expect the 4th and 8th round open scoring either to everyone, or to the corners only for this fight.

For Arreoloa_Stiverne, have never seen Stiverne fight. Hopefully he won't come to lay down. If he brawls it could be a baroom type brwal with the experiance of "Nipples" taking over by the middle rounds. Arreloa KO 6.

Jack
daprofessor
martinez says he will retire if he loses. i hope that knee holds up for him.
mgrover
I hope so too I want him in a rematch with Chavez Jr
mrchitown
Martinez will win this and hopefully go on to beat Chavez jr again....as far as that Arreola-Stiverne fight, it's a pick'em fight to me.
The Original MrFactor
I think Martinez will cruise against a clubber with a punchers chance. i dont know how Murray's chin is.

I think Arreola will beat Stiverne. Stiverne is just a short compact punching bag who can hit back. Nothing special about him the 1 time I saw him. I expect us to see more boxing out of Arreola than usual.
Cshel86
I doubt if they'd stage a fight in Argentina for arguably the best middleweight, against a guy that he had a chance of beating him.

I believe Sergio will knock off some of the ring rust and test his knee early. Besides, after he gets past Murray, his next challenge may be a big one, so whatever he has going on, he needs to suck it up and get ready. I do believe in upsets, but Murray wont be the one to do it. Sergio wears him down in the last quarter of the fight...first few rounds will shake off the rust, the middle rounds will be a typical Sergio Lull Affair, then he'll step on the gas for the TKO.

I'm more amped for the Abregu/Decarie fight on the undercard. Decarie put on a great show with that KO victory of his on that Turning Stone triple-header that Abregu beat the snot outta Dulorme. Pretty decent event that DiBella put together, if you ask me.

Arreola/Stiverne is up in the air for me. Anybody with a jab, will keep Arreola's fat ass off of them. Arreola is just so nasty to me no2.gif All I remember is him crying, sniffing hard, and slurping up his spit in that post-fight interview of the Klitz loss.

Last time saw Stiverne fight, was on a St. Louis card when Alexander fought Matthysse. He fought some 40+ uncle-lookin' dude and stopped him late. I hardly remember that fight though.

I must admit, this is a decent triple-header for HBO, but they still have to compete with Showtime and their PPV length cards.
checkleft
Matinez is saying this is the best camp he has ever had, I think it will be more competitive than he thinks. And hopefully calls out canelo cotto mayweather the whole band of big pay days.

Interesting that abregu is on this card, I heard he just signed with top rank. He's coming off a big win and who doesn't want to see arreola and his antics
flazi
i saw arreola a few weeks back at a gas station of all places. he looked in good shape.
Cshel86
QUOTE (flazi @ Apr 23 2013, 06:47 PM) *
i saw arreola a few weeks back at a gas station of all places. he looked in good shape.

Was he in line trying to buy those cheap nachos with the chili "sauce" that makes you fart a 5-part tune?
Dolimite
QUOTE (mgrover @ Apr 17 2013, 03:34 PM) *
I hope so too I want him in a rematch with Chavez Jr

You enjoy looking at people get tortured. Sicko!

QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Apr 24 2013, 11:22 AM) *
Was he in line trying to buy those cheap nachos with the chili "sauce" that makes you fart a 5-part tune?

Naw he had a burger and pizza from 7-11, he had a super size slurppy as well oh and a diet Dr. Pepper, a pint of Blue Bell Ice cream, well they don't carry Blue Bell in Cali but he got his flown in.
checkleft
QUOTE (flazi @ Apr 23 2013, 06:47 PM) *

He is. I saw a interview with him not too long ago and he slimmed down, sometimes an ass kicking can make you want to work harder.
Dolimite
For some reason I am not excited about this fight. My attention has been on Judah and Garcia. I will tune in because I like Sergio, he has class. I wish he would fight GGG I really do. Maybe a catch weigh with Ward.
Cshel86
QUOTE (Dolimite @ Apr 24 2013, 07:51 PM) *
For some reason I am not excited about this fight. My attention has been on Judah and Garcia. I will tune in because I like Sergio, he has class. I wish he would fight GGG I really do. Maybe a catch weigh with Ward.

C'mon D, we cant get all of the good fights up front...you know how boxing is. I'm sure we all appreciate what we've been getting as of late, so I can deal with Martinez/Murray.

NOW (there always a "now"), if Martinez/Murray was the ONLY card on this weekend, then I'd be a bit flustered by the opponent selection, lol. He just came off of a big win and had knee surgery...I think he should get a pass for the Murray fight. Hell, Oscar used to do that every now and then.

Thing is, Oscar at least made sure that he fought a Mexican so he could sell some tickets...he wasn't that dumb. LOL

PS: I wanna see what Stiverne has to offer in the Arreola fight. I saw him fight 2 years ago, but I can hardly remember it.
checkleft
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Apr 25 2013, 10:40 AM) *
C'mon D, we cant get all of the good fights up front...you know how boxing is. I'm sure we all appreciate what we've been getting as of late, so I can deal with Martinez/Murray.

NOW (there always a "now"), if Martinez/Murray was the ONLY card on this weekend, then I'd be a bit flustered by the opponent selection, lol. He just came off of a big win and had knee surgery...I think he should get a pass for the Murray fight. Hell, Oscar used to do that every now and then.

Thing is, Oscar at least made sure that he fought a Mexican so he could sell some tickets...he wasn't that dumb. LOL

PS: I wanna see what Stiverne has to offer in the Arreola fight. I saw him fight 2 years ago, but I can hardly remember it.

I think this is a good fight for sergio, its sort of a comeback fight to see if his knee is good and Murray is a solid opponent who many thought beat sturm.

The biggest reason I see martinez doing this event is to push his numbers, he had a good showing against chavez and now if be does big numbers in Argentina he can use it as a counter for the "he isn't a draw" argument when he tries to fry bigger fish if he gets past Murray. I mean the dude is fighting in a soccer stadium in one of the most passionate sports countries in the world with a fellow countryman on the undercard, I'm sure the fight will do well. I just hope there isn't a riot like last time.
Dolimite
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Apr 25 2013, 06:40 AM) *

That fight aint going more thabn 6 rounds. I wonder if Chris will kiss Stiverne like he did that last guy when he was getting knocked out. Of course I guess I have to cheer for Chris since he is from my homestate but really I think he is a waste. The closer the fight gets which is tomorrow I guess I can get pumped up for it. If anything I will be excited to see Ricky Hatton. I wonder who does more coke Hatton or Oscar?

QUOTE (checkleft @ Apr 25 2013, 07:00 AM) *
I think this is a good fight for sergio, its sort of a comeback fight to see if his knee is good and Murray is a solid opponent who many thought beat sturm.

The biggest reason I see martinez doing this event is to push his numbers, he had a good showing against chavez and now if be does big numbers in Argentina he can use it as a counter for the "he isn't a draw" argument when he tries to fry bigger fish if he gets past Murray. I mean the dude is fighting in a soccer stadium in one of the most passionate sports countries in the world with a fellow countryman on the undercard, I'm sure the fight will do well. I just hope there isn't a riot like last time.

I agree. Sergio so call out GGG when he wins, that will have HBO having wet dreams for months.
Cshel86
QUOTE (checkleft @ Apr 25 2013, 11:00 AM) *

Agreed

He does need a comeback fight, and the chance to shake off a few cobwebs (not sure if that's one word or two). If I'm not mistaken, this is probably his longest layoff in the past few years, so that coupled with surgery and bruised fists, he does need a less than stellar opponent.

I'm not saying that Murray's a bum, but I'm sure they didn't hold this fight in Argentina against someone that would beat Sergio. Granted, Murray may be a tough cookie, but he was picked for a reason.

LMAO at that riot from a year ago (I believe). I remember some numb-nut biting his opponent on the shoulder, but still had his mouthpiece in while doing it. laugh.gif

QUOTE (Dolimite @ Apr 25 2013, 12:17 PM) *
That fight aint going more thabn 6 rounds. I wonder if Chris will kiss Stiverne like he did that last guy when he was getting knocked out. Of course I guess I have to cheer for Chris since he is from my homestate but really I think he is a waste. The closer the fight gets which is tomorrow I guess I can get pumped up for it. If anything I will be excited to see Ricky Hatton. I wonder who does more coke Hatton or Oscar?

I agree. Sergio so call out GGG when he wins, that will have HBO having wet dreams for months.

You dont think its going more than six?! Interesting. I need to watch a few Stiverne fights to get a good idea of what to expect. I already know how fat ass is going to fight, so need to check out any of fights.

As for Ricky and Oscar's coke habits, the best question is, who does the most incriminating stuff while high? Ricky had suicidal ideations, which can somewhat normal, depending on what's going on in your life. Oscar on the hand, gets this itch to wear lingerie...that's not one of the first things that should cross your mind after snorting a line. Smh
Dolimite
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Apr 25 2013, 10:38 AM) *
Agreed

He does need a comeback fight, and the chance to shake off a few cobwebs (not sure if that's one word or two). If I'm not mistaken, this is probably his longest layoff in the past few years, so that coupled with surgery and bruised fists, he does need a less than stellar opponent.

I'm not saying that Murray's a bum, but I'm sure they didn't hold this fight in Argentina against someone that would beat Sergio. Granted, Murray may be a tough cookie, but he was picked for a reason.

LMAO at that riot from a year ago (I believe). I remember some numb-nut biting his opponent on the shoulder, but still had his mouthpiece in while doing it. laugh.gif

You dont think its going more than six?! Interesting. I need to watch a few Stiverne fights to get a good idea of what to expect. I already know how fat ass is going to fight, so need to check out any of fights.

As for Ricky and Oscar's coke habits, the best question is, who does the most incriminating stuff while high? Ricky had suicidal ideations, which can somewhat normal, depending on what's going on in your life. Oscar on the hand, gets this itch to wear lingerie...that's not one of the first things that should cross your mind after snorting a line. Smh

I want to know what should you be thinking about? Maybe waffle house after the high?
Cshel86
QUOTE (Dolimite @ Apr 25 2013, 01:51 PM) *
I want to know what should you be thinking about? Maybe waffle house after the high?

I've never done coke before, so I wouldn't even know. I would imagine that it gets your subconscious going into 5th gear, but again, what man has the thought of wearing lingerie, at the forefront of mind?

Oh yeah...Waffle House is neeeever a bad idea! I'd go as far as saying that Shoney's would do the trick, but I'd hate to get one of those Shoney's rants going again. Wait a minute...
daprofessor
QUOTE (Dolimite @ Apr 25 2013, 01:51 PM) *

roscoe's. smile.gif
Jack 1000
Bermane Stiverne. He looks like a mean fucker! I wonder if "Nipples" is gonna be in over his head?

Jack
Dolimite
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Apr 25 2013, 11:13 AM) *
I've never done coke before, so I wouldn't even know. I would imagine that it gets your subconscious going into 5th gear, but again, what man has the thought of wearing lingerie, at the forefront of mind?

Oh yeah...Waffle House is neeeever a bad idea! I'd go as far as saying that Shoney's would do the trick, but I'd hate to get one of those Shoney's rants going again. Wait a minute...

Dude I have never eaten at Shoney's before. Their sign freaks me out. I don't know what it is. I never did coke either and I am not about to start but if I did do it I think I would be in party mode and not wearing some panty hose with boxing gloves on. No sir!

QUOTE (daprofessor @ Apr 25 2013, 12:01 PM) *
roscoe's. smile.gif

The one on Pico? Hell no! Line is too long. Love their lemonade!

QUOTE (Jack 1000 @ Apr 25 2013, 12:07 PM) *
Bermane Stiverne. He looks like a mean fucker! I wonder if "Nipples" is gonna be in over his head?

Jack

Jack that fight ain't going more than 6 rounds. That dude is heavy handed and can take one or two shots. This will be two rhinos going at it!
Cshel86
QUOTE (Dolimite @ Apr 26 2013, 07:27 AM) *
Dude I have never eaten at Shoney's before. Their sign freaks me out. I don't know what it is.

VJones
Serg says he has beef with Cotto and would like to teach him respect. Will fight GGG, Geale, and Quillen.

Did we talk about this yet?
daprofessor
QUOTE (Dolimite @ Apr 26 2013, 07:27 AM) *
Dude I have never eaten at Shoney's before. Their sign freaks me out. I don't know what it is. I never did coke either and I am not about to start but if I did do it I think I would be in party mode and not wearing some panty hose with boxing gloves on. No sir!

The one on Pico? Hell no! Line is too long. Love their lemonade!

Jack that fight ain't going more than 6 rounds. That dude is heavy handed and can take one or two shots. This will be two rhinos going at it!

the one in hollywood is closer to me. smile.gif
daprofessor
QUOTE (VJones @ Apr 26 2013, 05:43 PM) *
Serg says he has beef with Cotto and would like to teach him respect. Will fight GGG, Geale, and Quillen.

Did we talk about this yet?

martinez picking on the little guys. smh. what's his beef with cotto?

i'm interested in him fighting ggg and quillen. geale...eh.
VJones
QUOTE (daprofessor @ Apr 26 2013, 04:54 PM) *
martinez picking on the little guys. smh. what's his beef with cotto?

i'm interested in him fighting ggg and quillen. geale...eh.

Yeah...as much as I enjoy Sergio, I kinda feel the same. Cotto's too small.

As for the "beef"....I can't remember which fight...but apparently Martinez and Cotto both in appearance...Martinez goes over to greet Cotto. Cotto shuns him. Sergio is insulted. New beef. Lol

Cotto's kinda always "rude" to most everyone...I don't think it was personal as much as it is simply his personality. He's just not personable. He's terribly quiet. Stoic. Vast difference between him and Tito. And that's why Tito gets all the love...even in PR.

I think Serg was definitely offended. But I think more than that, he's really looking for that big money fight. He'll never get it from Floyd. Oscar will more than likely never feed Canelo to him. Cotto's the only other player...

I agree....Serg vs. GGG and Quillen. Great fights!
daprofessor
QUOTE (VJones @ Apr 26 2013, 06:12 PM) *
Yeah...as much as I enjoy Sergio, I kinda feel the same. Cotto's too small.

As for the "beef"....I can't remember which fight...but apparently Martinez and Cotto both in appearance...Martinez goes over to greet Cotto. Cotto shuns him. Sergio is insulted. New beef. Lol

Cotto's kinda always "rude" to most everyone...I don't think it was personal as much as it is simply his personality. He's just not personable. He's terribly quiet. Stoic. Vast difference between him and Tito. And that's why Tito gets all the love...even in PR.

I think Serg was definitely offended. But I think more than that, he's really looking for that big money fight. He'll never get it from Floyd. Oscar will more than likely never feed Canelo to him. Cotto's the only other player...

I agree....Serg vs. GGG and Quillen. Great fights!

cotto is definitely stoic and guarded.

i feel bad for sergio in a way...he blazed a serious trail and took on some great opposition in doing so. cintron, williams 2x, pavlik, chavez....and he still isn't the big star he should be. if he can fight and beat ggg, quillen and maybe move up to take on ward in a big fight...he can pretty much seal his legacy. that would be an impressive career. he doesn't need cotto or floyd.
Dolimite
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Apr 26 2013, 06:48 AM) *

Dude I am sorry! Hey I do dig Houston's! Their steak is the shit!!!
QUOTE (daprofessor @ Apr 26 2013, 02:53 PM) *
the one in hollywood is closer to me. smile.gif

I never eaten at the one in Hollywood. I usually go to the IHOP by the wax museum. But I will check it out.
checkleft
Murray looks prepped, I think he's gonna give serg more trouble than he's expecting.

The cotto beef has something to do with something cotto said, I forgot what but they asked cotto about Martinez and he said something and martinez felt disrespected
daprofessor
QUOTE (checkleft @ Apr 26 2013, 08:28 PM) *
Murray looks prepped, I think he's gonna give serg more trouble than he's expecting.

The cotto beef has something to do with something cotto said, I forgot what but they asked cotto about Martinez and he said something and martinez felt disrespected

all these guys with hurt feelings. laugh.gif and why is it always because of something some puerto rican said? they're just words. smh.
Gambit808
Real good fight here. Kudos again to Sergio for his choices in opponents. I think this is (correct me if I'm wrong), what, his 3rd undefeated opponent in a row? Dunno to much on Murray, but I'm gonna say it... I got that feeling of an upset here. Dunno if it's the accumulation of the injury, the layoff, his age, the homecoming bit. Me and Ricky Hatton can finally agree on something here lol
checkleft
QUOTE (Gambit808 @ Apr 26 2013, 10:25 PM) *
Real good fight here. Kudos again to Sergio for his choices in opponents. I think this is (correct me if I'm wrong), what, his 3rd undefeated opponent in a row? Dunno to much on Murray, but I'm gonna say it... I got that feeling of an upset here. Dunno if it's the accumulation of the injury, the layoff, his age, the homecoming bit. Me and Ricky Hatton can finally agree on something here lol

Me too, Murray looked strong against sturm. I'm rooting for martinez tho as always
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.