Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Bradley vs Marquez
FightHype Community > BOXING HYPE > Boxing
checkleft
http://www.boxingscene.com/marquez-im-faci...as-vegas--64561

Marquez has confirmed that he will fight Bradley 9/14 at the Thomas and Mack center. What a fight! He said he was approached with 2 names, Bradley and alvarado.

This year has been pretty awesome so far, and it seems like its just gonna get better.

Are you guys ready for this!!!
Jack 1000

I had originally picked Bradley by UD, but this really is a 50/50 fight that I don't feel confident either way.

If Bradley sticks and move and pot-shots while avoiding getting it, he'll win a close decision.

If Marquez has his Pacquiao face on, he will win a close decision. He COULD drop Bradley, maybe a long shot of a KO if he nails Tim like he did Manny.

If we get an "Old Marquez" like Mayweather, and Tim boxes instead of tries to brawl he wins a clear UD.

This fight has several critical variables for it:

1.) Can Bradley stick to a stick and move plan and not get hit?
2.) Can Marquez work his magic for another night?
3.) Will Bradley try to get into a war?

Any of these things could happen for either fighter. Too hard to call.

Jack
Plah
I've been wanting for this fight to be made for a while. I think JMM takes this by UD 8 rounds to 4. Especially after the beating Bradley took from Ruslan.
Franchize
I think this is going to be a sloppy, boring fight to be honest. I think Bradley wins a very close, controversial decision. I also think there's a strong possibility this fight gets stopped due to a clash of heads.
checkleft
QUOTE (Plah @ Apr 18 2013, 02:44 PM) *
I've been wanting for this fight to be made for a while. I think JMM takes this by UD 8 rounds to 4. Especially after the beating Bradley took from Ruslan.

I like your prediction. I just can't see many people outboxing marquez, I love this match up. Both guys arent scared to exchange and box. And I'm glad you mentioned the punishment Bradley took because I'm wondering if that performance gave marquez his knockout mentality like in his last pack fight or if he saw something that makes him think he can win a ud
Jack 1000
I think it's Bradley's fight to lose if he gets into a brawl.

Jack
daprofessor
QUOTE (Jack 1000 @ Apr 18 2013, 03:43 PM) *
I had originally picked Bradley by UD, but this really is a 50/50 fight that I don't feel confident either way.

If Bradley sticks and move and pot-shots while avoiding getting it, he'll win a close decision.

If Marquez has his Pacquiao face on, he will win a close decision. He COULD drop Bradley, maybe a long shot of a KO if he nails Tim like he did Manny.

If we get an "Old Marquez" like Mayweather, and Tim boxes instead of tries to brawl he wins a clear UD.

Jack

i agree. prior to bradley's last fight...i would have picked bradley by ud. now....it's a toss up.
VJones
QUOTE (Jack 1000 @ Apr 18 2013, 02:43 PM) *

Jack

QUOTE (daprofessor @ Apr 18 2013, 03:25 PM) *
i agree. prior to bradley's last fight...i would have picked bradley by ud. now....it's a toss up.

I dig this match-up! And concur. Good assessment, Max. And if it gets signed, I'll be extra happy that both guys are sticking it to Pac & Arum, for making both of them wait on rematches. AND because Arum has continued to state that Marquez was fighting Pac next, despite JMM continually saying otherwise.

The fighter should be the boss...not the promoter....but the guy risking his life and his legacy. I will have all the more respect for JMM and Tim,if they follow through on this.
Gambit808
The weight that Bradley had to lose for the Ruslyn fight may have doomed him. I think in that fight, not only did we see flaws in his Defense, but his ability to take punches was a major factor. We all know Bradley has Great Heart and a good work rate, but if you add the flaws on top of the fact that he's not really an hard effective puncher, that in it self can give all the advantages over to the tactitional 39 year old counter puncher Marquez. I'm going with Marquez on this one.

Bradley's only solid chance to winning really, is to out work the much older Marquez, but to do it (of coarse) a lot SMARTER than he was able to do against Ruslyn. But it's like I said, he's on the decline taking all that punishment.

Nice to see Marquez sending out a big fuck you to Pacquiao lol, but I think if each of them win there next fights, then they'll fight one last time before either retires.
BrutUalBK
QUOTE (checkleft @ Apr 18 2013, 02:15 PM) *
http://www.boxingscene.com/marquez-im-faci...as-vegas--64561

Marquez has confirmed that he will fight Bradley 9/14 at the Thomas and Mack center. What a fight! He said he was approached with 2 names, Bradley and alvarado.

This year has been pretty awesome so far, and it seems like its just gonna get better.

Are you guys ready for this!!!

Man, thank the boxing gods whoever they be for this match up because I'm downright tired of seeing Pac being protected and fighting JMM only.....I'm ready for this fight but I think TB will be too fast for him and can win this rather handily if he just simply box.
Dolimite
Chsels I want my damn money! I told you Marquez or Bradley wasn't fighting Pac!
mgrover
People seem to be giving Marquez almost no credit? Thinking TB will easily win this while people forget Marquez is more likely than not one of the best Mexican fighters to have ever lived, and he doesn't exactly follow the blueprint for a Mexican fighter.
checkleft
QUOTE (mgrover @ Apr 18 2013, 06:08 PM) *
People seem to be giving Marquez almost no credit? Thinking TB will easily win this while people forget Marquez is more likely than not one of the best Mexican fighters to have ever lived, and he doesn't exactly follow the blueprint for a Mexican fighter.

I actually think its marquez fight to lose. If he thinks he found a hole in bradleys game from the ruslan fight and comes in with the one shot mentality Bradley has a chance to outwork and outbox him. But if he just goes in there and does his thing I think he can win by decision or maybe even knockout thanks to his power improvement.
daprofessor
QUOTE (VJones @ Apr 18 2013, 05:58 PM) *
I dig this match-up! And concur. Good assessment, Max. And if it gets signed, I'll be extra happy that both guys are sticking it to Pac & Arum, for making both of them wait on rematches. AND because Arum has continued to state that Marquez was fighting Pac next, despite JMM continually saying otherwise.

The fighter should be the boss...not the promoter....but the guy risking his life and his legacy. I will have all the more respect for JMM and Tim,if they follow through on this.

that's what i want to see playout. i hope arum doesn't shit on this.

scdrking2
Nice. I know Arum is super pissed.
mrchitown
If the Bradley that fought against Provodnikov shows up then Marquez wins, but if Bradley boxes and fights smart I think he takes it on points
BigFightFan
Good fight for both guys, i expect a lot of fireworks in this one. I'm putting my money on Bradley to win a decision and remain undefeated.
KOpower
Interesting fight but I still don't know if it is going to happen. I also hope it isn't HBO PPV. That is a very average PPV event unless Arum packs the undercard.

How many times have we heard Floyd Mayweather say it? "If it don't make dollaz den it don't make cents". (is that how he would tweet it?) Pac brings Bradley/JMM far more money. We will see what happens...
emd01
I dont see it happening either. No way JMM is passing up on another lottery to fight a no draw for a couple of million.

If it goes down I have Bradley winning by SD.
Cshel86
QUOTE (Dolimite @ Apr 18 2013, 06:36 PM) *
Chsels I want my damn money! I told you Marquez or Bradley wasn't fighting Pac!

Guys, I hate to be a debbie downer, a kill joy, the bearer of bad news, a douchebag, take your pick...

But, did anybody see Arum's name anywhere in the article? I know that Arum has Bradley/Provodnikov, JMM/Pac V, Alvarados/Rios III, in the holster and has the right to play them accordingly, but this seems a bit strange to me.

Marquez mentioned that two names were returned to him, but from whom? Hell, we've seen this before. As many games as Arum, Roach, Marquez, etc has been playing over the past couple of months, it's hard to gauge which one is the truth, which one is fluff, and which one is a flat out lie.

How much do we think Juan is going to make in a Bradley fight? I doubt if he even makes more than $3M...and what was he asking for? $10M or more? Me thinks that he's posturing Bob a bit. Oh yeah, has Manny said anything as of late? Nope. Usually when Marquez is an option for him, he plays stubborn (which he does horribly), and gets quiet as if he's upset that he has to fight him again.

If you think about about it, a Bradley fight for Marquez and an Alvarado fight for Manny, are "cruise" fights. I mean "cruise" as in, smoking the weed first, then smoking the cigarette shortly after, to keep the high going. Why not smoke the weed first (JMM/Pac V), then cruise with those relatively easy fights afterwards?

Remember, Manny and Juan are fighting each other for that last shot at supremacy (translation: for money), not fighting to see who gets Bradley and Alvarado next...that's totally backwards. Did anybody forget that it's just April? Now, if it was July, then I'd believe Marquez, but it's waaay too early. Again, I believe JMM is being a hard ass and posturing Arum, the same way Arum is posturing Vegas with the whole, "I'm taking Manny's fights to Macau" nonsense.

We can go on and on about how these 6 guys (Bradley, JMM, Pac, Alvarado, Rios, Provodnikov) do against each other, but let's forget that Manny still brings in all of the money. As crazy as this sounds, JMM is still a safe fight for Manny at this point. Let's not forget, Manny was beating Juan pretty badly before the KO. Juan was looking old in that fight...honestly, he looked better in the 3rd fight, he just had better moments in the 4th...well, two moments that counted the most.

Arum's Big Six (fighters) can work for him, but really, all of those guys were in hard fights and are still licking their wounds as we speak. All of them took bad punishment in their recent fights with each other, so this willy-nilly stuff that Marquez is talking, has yet to be determined as fact. His B-side fighters (Rios, Alvarado, Bradley, Provo) still have time, but Manny is probably on the fence (gun shy and seriously contemplating retirement), Juan isn't exactly Benjamin Button here, and they're both frail, so Arum has to strike while the iron still has a bit of heat left on it. As much as Arum lies, I'm actually waiting to hear what he has to say about this.

Bob just may take his chances with this fight, but I can't imagine a Mexican Independence weekend being thrown away for a JMM/Bradley fight. I mean Tim did put on an exciting fight with Provo, but how many caption pics did we see swarming over the net after that fight? None. Now, Manny being laid out, seemed to go viral (I hate that word, lol) rather quickly. So, the people that actually missed the KO loss, will be sure to try and catch it again this time around, or see if Manny can do things differently. Who knows...
Marcus
QUOTE (BigFightFan @ Apr 18 2013, 11:01 PM) *
Good fight for both guys, i expect a lot of fireworks in this one. I'm putting my money on Bradley to win a decision and remain undefeated.

Yea i feel like Bradley will pull this one off.
Smart move on Top Ranks behalf. They capitalized on the fact that Golden Boys two biggest stars have fights ahead of them. They now have that mexican independence day weekend. Hopefully Floyd or any other GBP fighter doesnt try to compete with TR like we seen with Canelo/Lopez and Chavez/martinez
Dolimite
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Apr 19 2013, 05:44 AM) *
Guys, I hate to be a debbie downer, a kill joy, the bearer of bad news, a douchebag, take your pick...

But, did anybody see Arum's name anywhere in the article? I know that Arum has Bradley/Provodnikov, JMM/Pac V, Alvarados/Rios III, in the holster and has the right to play them accordingly, but this seems a bit strange to me.

Marquez mentioned that two names were returned to him, but from whom? Hell, we've seen this before. As many games as Arum, Roach, Marquez, etc has been playing over the past couple of months, it's hard to gauge which one is the truth, which one is fluff, and which one is a flat out lie.

How much do we think Juan is going to make in a Bradley fight? I doubt if he even makes more than $3M...and what was he asking for? $10M or more? Me thinks that he's posturing Bob a bit. Oh yeah, has Manny said anything as of late? Nope. Usually when Marquez is an option for him, he plays stubborn (which he does horribly), and gets quiet as if he's upset that he has to fight him again.

If you think about about it, a Bradley fight for Marquez and an Alvarado fight for Manny, are "cruise" fights. I mean "cruise" as in, smoking the weed first, then smoking the cigarette shortly after, to keep the high going. Why not smoke the weed first (JMM/Pac V), then cruise with those relatively easy fights afterwards?

Remember, Manny and Juan are fighting each other for that last shot at supremacy (translation: for money), not fighting to see who gets Bradley and Alvarado next...that's totally backwards. Did anybody forget that it's just April? Now, if it was July, then I'd believe Marquez, but it's waaay too early. Again, I believe JMM is being a hard ass and posturing Arum, the same way Arum is posturing Vegas with the whole, "I'm taking Manny's fights to Macau" nonsense.

We can go on and on about how these 6 guys (Bradley, JMM, Pac, Alvarado, Rios, Provodnikov) do against each other, but let's forget that Manny still brings in all of the money. As crazy as this sounds, JMM is still a safe fight for Manny at this point. Let's not forget, Manny was beating Juan pretty badly before the KO. Juan was looking old in that fight...honestly, he looked better in the 3rd fight, he just had better moments in the 4th...well, two moments that counted the most.

Arum's Big Six (fighters) can work for him, but really, all of those guys were in hard fights and are still licking their wounds as we speak. All of them took bad punishment in their recent fights with each other, so this willy-nilly stuff that Marquez is talking, has yet to be determined as fact. His B-side fighters (Rios, Alvarado, Bradley, Provo) still have time, but Manny is probably on the fence (gun shy and seriously contemplating retirement), Juan isn't exactly Benjamin Button here, and they're both frail, so Arum has to strike while the iron still has a bit of heat left on it. As much as Arum lies, I'm actually waiting to hear what he has to say about this.

Bob just may take his chances with this fight, but I can't imagine a Mexican Independence weekend being thrown away for a JMM/Bradley fight. I mean Tim did put on an exciting fight with Provo, but how many caption pics did we see swarming over the net after that fight? None. Now, Manny being laid out, seemed to go viral (I hate that word, lol) rather quickly. So, the people that actually missed the KO loss, will be sure to try and catch it again this time around, or see if Manny can do things differently. Who knows...

I don't like you! lol
Cshel86
QUOTE (Dolimite @ Apr 19 2013, 06:04 PM) *
I don't like you! lol

I can dig it! I've been hated in this young life of mine, so your slight feeling of "dislike" will be taken as a compliment on this side!

Anyhow, I like a Bradley/Marquez fight, but I liked it more before JMM/Pac IV happened. JMM and Pac were put in a weird situation after that fight, not to mention us witnessing Bradley flop around the ring like a drunk breakdancer.

I don't really know who beats who nowadays, but until Arum says anything, these dudes are just contractually-bound, butthurt, battered up, puppets who are going out of their way to prove to us that they have a voice that we KNOW they don't have. Arum ALWAYS gets the last word, unless of course you have enough money to buyout of your contract. laugh.gif
ROME
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Apr 19 2013, 09:44 AM) *

All valid points. I can see Arum taking a crap on any fighter in his stable trying to establish any level of autonomy. This issue now remains that this fight does APPEAR to be taking shape. Lots of space between the bullet and flesh at this point though. Seems Arum is prepared to call Marquez's bluff on passing up that Pacquiao money. Bradley is obviously onboard; though I'm not sure what other options he would have at welterweight. It'll be interesting to see how things unfold in the coming weeks...
The Original MrFactor
I think Bradley is damaged goods. If Bradley can come back to the Bradley prior to the Provodnikov fight, this fight is all good.
ROME
QUOTE (The Original MrFactor @ Apr 24 2013, 11:02 AM) *
I think Bradley is damaged goods. If Bradley can come back to the Bradley prior to the Provodnikov fight, this fight is all good.

True, but the operative word is, in fact, IF. Most fighters aren't the same after a fight like that; mentally and physically. I think Bradley did some damage to his body as well by going up to 190lbs and then rushing back down to 147lbs to fight Provodnikov. The combination of the that, and he severity of the beating he took is likely career changing...
Dolimite
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Apr 19 2013, 04:55 PM) *
I can dig it! I've been hated in this young life of mine, so your slight feeling of "dislike" will be taken as a compliment on this side!

Anyhow, I like a Bradley/Marquez fight, but I liked it more before JMM/Pac IV happened. JMM and Pac were put in a weird situation after that fight, not to mention us witnessing Bradley flop around the ring like a drunk breakdancer.

I don't really know who beats who nowadays, but until Arum says anything, these dudes are just contractually-bound, butthurt, battered up, puppets who are going out of their way to prove to us that they have a voice that we KNOW they don't have. Arum ALWAYS gets the last word, unless of course you have enough money to buyout of your contract. laugh.gif

The fight has been or will be signed and their is a venue! Pac is fighting in October. HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!
Cshel86
QUOTE (Dolimite @ Apr 24 2013, 12:45 PM) *
The fight has been or will be signed and their is a venue! Pac is fighting in October. HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!

Lol, I'll give kudos where kudos is due.

I like this fight, but I hope Marquez has a pretty good plan. He seemed to start entertaining a Bradley fight AFTER the Provodnikov fight...so maybe he has something up his sleeve. I'm guessing that we'll see Pac/JMM V sometime next year...maybe March.

I hope that both guys win their upcoming fights, so Marquez can get his last big payday against Manny. This better not be one of those Hopkins/RJJ 2 situations, where one guy miserably lost their stay-busy fight, while the other won. When they finally met, Danny Green had already took the last little bit of ring life out of Roy.
Dolimite
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Apr 24 2013, 09:02 AM) *
Lol, I'll give kudos where kudos is due.

I like this fight, but I hope Marquez has a pretty good plan. He seemed to start entertaining a Bradley fight AFTER the Provodnikov fight...so maybe he has something up his sleeve. I'm guessing that we'll see Pac/JMM V sometime next year...maybe March.

I hope that both guys win their upcoming fights, so Marquez can get his last big payday against Manny. This better not be one of those Hopkins/RJJ 2 situations, where one guy miserably lost their stay-busy fight, while the other won. When they finally met, Danny Green had already took the last little bit of ring life out of Roy.

What happens if one fighter wins and the other one loses? Or if they both lose, badly.. Will the public still want to see this. What if Pac looks sub par and what if he even gets knocked down again? If JMM looks supreme against Bradley he may just retire or go for maybe the main gun in 147... Saul Alvarez...that was a joke.
xxxxxx
I like this fight. Bradley should be fighting Mayweather next, but this is a nice substitute. It really depends on how much Marquez has left & how much Bradley lost his last fight, even though he got the victory. Stylistically and on paper this fight looks solid. Marquez trying to make history winning world championships in 4 weight class and Bradley trying to remain undefeated. I will say this, if Marquez wins, he needs to ride off into the sunset. If Bradley wins he needs to demand a match form Arum to fight Mayweather.
klonopinz
you know i can totally see bradley being alowed to fight mayweather, because arum can take all the dollars from timmy without much of a fight, whereas manny had a lot more say. Not to mention mayweather can give tim peanuts as well. Its pretty sad but at least we get to see the best of the companies go at it.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.