Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Danny Garcia vs. Zab Judah Preview and Poll!
FightHype Community > BOXING HYPE > Boxing
Pages: 1, 2
daprofessor
just a friendly reminder... smile.gif

daprofessor
am i the only one excited about this fight? i'm more interested in this one than the martinez fight.
BigFightFan
QUOTE (daprofessor @ Apr 19 2013, 09:45 PM) *
am i the only one excited about this fight? i'm more interested in this one than the martinez fight.

The Martinez fight is not even on my radar. The Zab vs Garcia fight will be worth the wait.
mrchitown
Nah, your not the only one...I've been excited for this fight ever since it was announced. I'm hoping Zab wins, but then again I always hopes he wins a big fight
Franchize
I just want to see a competitive fight. I just want to see Zab show he belongs in their and he can still compete on a high level. Otherwise, I will never have another positive thing to say about him lol I'm tired of saying "don't be surprised if Zab...." Fuck that! Show and prove motherfucker.
Cshel86
Trust, I'm excited about this one. I was just hoping that we could get past this weekend's fights! laugh.gif

I know for a fact that if I'm not too damn drunk after Canelo/Trout, that I'll be up until about 2AM watching boxing. I'll catch the Martinez/Murray (booooo), Arreola/Stiverne, Decarie/Abregu bout afterwards.

Is it 4/20 yet???

I'm not sure which Zab shows up for this fight, so Quillin/Guerrero will be my consolation fight if the main event doesn't impress. Lol
Jack 1000
Thanks! Will make it a preview thread and add a poll! Make sure to Vote!

Jack
The Original MrFactor
I would like to see Zab put on a great performance. I think Danny is going to be a pretty good one though. Its the younger mans time. He will beat Zab. Zab may have a moment or two in the 1st or 2nd. When he realizes Danny is just beating him, he'll back off and lose rounds very convincingly by about the 10th. Zab will finish this fight on his feet.

Danny Garcia D12
aTYpicalTYrant
"Take off the Janet Jackson Hat" has to be some of the most hilarious shit I've ever heard. Angel Garcia is a funny dude and a tactician.... Getting in Zab's head could prove very advantageous for Danny. I actually like Zab this fight (I really shouldn't though.) can't wait til next weekend!
emd01
I'm going with Judah by KO/TKO. I think Garcia is there to get hit and the slower fighter. Now, of course, this depends on if super judah or spiritual judah shows up but I dont see Garcia beating a Judah thats on his game.
Jack 1000
My vote is Garcia by wide decision. Judah I still think is dangerous for the first four rounds or so, than gradually loses focuss as the fight progresses. He'll most likely be there for all 12 rounds, assuming he doesn't crumble like against Khan, but his competitiveness will be gone by round 6. Garcia by around 117-111 (twice) to 116-112 all for him.

Jack
mgrover
Is the martinez fight tonight?
mrchitown
QUOTE (mgrover @ Apr 20 2013, 12:51 PM) *
Is the martinez fight tonight?

No, it's on the 27th
Cshel86
QUOTE (mrchitown @ Apr 20 2013, 02:55 PM) *
No, it's on the 27th

What a dumbass...I'm sitting here thinking that he Martinez fight was tonight too. no2.gif laugh.gif
mrchitown
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Apr 20 2013, 02:55 PM) *
What a dumbass...I'm sitting here thinking that he Martinez fight was tonight too. no2.gif laugh.gif

I wish it was because my fam just made me miss the Cunningham fight but I just saw this dude in the ring singing. As soon as I saw that I knew what time it was..Damn laugh.gif
daprofessor
QUOTE (aTYpicalTYrant @ Apr 20 2013, 08:21 AM) *
"Take off the Janet Jackson Hat" has to be some of the most hilarious shit I've ever heard. Angel Garcia is a funny dude and a tactician.... Getting in Zab's head could prove very advantageous for Danny. I actually like Zab this fight (I really shouldn't though.) can't wait til next weekend!

that shit was classic! laugh.gif
Cshel86
Cant wait for Quillin/Guerrero!

I cant stand Guerrero's punk ass! As much as I want to predict a knockout, I believe Quillin will have to find Guerrero because the constant circling that he'll be doing.
daprofessor
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Apr 22 2013, 04:09 PM) *
Cant wait for Quillin/Guerrero!

I cant stand Guerrero's punk ass! As much as I want to predict a knockout, I believe Quillin will have to find Guerrero because the constant circling that he'll be doing.

i forgot about that fight. guerrero has skill. not sure what he has left after that loss to dude from the contender.
Dolimite
I voted for Judah! I am going with my heart on this one. I know I shouldn't but I am. I just think Jab can really pull it off. Garcia mentally fucked himself by rescheduling his fight, I don't know why but I smell doubt. They will be in Judah's own backyard so he will have the support of the fans. I know Danny is PR but I am pulling for Zab. Hopefully his balls will be tucked safe away and he will not use that excuse that he did against Khan. Now if Zab wins and I think he will I want to see a Khan and Judah rematch or a Judah and Broner fight!
Cshel86
QUOTE (Dolimite @ Apr 23 2013, 12:53 PM) *
I voted for Judah! I am going with my heart on this one. I know I shouldn't but I am. I just think Jab can really pull it off. Garcia mentally fucked himself by rescheduling his fight, I don't know why but I smell doubt. They will be in Judah's own backyard so he will have the support of the fans. I know Danny is PR but I am pulling for Zab. Hopefully his balls will be tucked safe away and he will not use that excuse that he did against Khan. Now if Zab wins and I think he will I want to see a Khan and Judah rematch or a Judah and Broner fight!

Words of a true Judah fan.

Good luck my friend, you have my prayers in advance.

laugh.gif
Cshel86
I have Danny by TKO in this one...possibly late...no later than the 7th.

Judah will win a couple of early rounds because of speed, posturing, and a few solid shots. Danny will adjust (become more comfortable) and let everyone know that he's there to fight and hurt Judah.

4th round, Judah gets hurt late and everybody notices...and hangs on for the bell. 5th round, Judah uses movement and tries to get his legs back while sticking the jab with the little bit of energy that he does have late in the fight. Danny hurts him bad this time...bad.

Judah somehow, someway, survives the 5th. Rounds 6 and 7 will be for the enjoyment of the Brooklyn fans, because deep down in side, Zab will be done, but trying to survive and wing a few punches to let the people know that he can still hang. He throws and gets countered, maybe dropped but nothing less than buckled, then comes the ref to the rescue.

Thank me later.
daprofessor
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Apr 23 2013, 02:52 PM) *
I have Danny by TKO in this one...possibly late...no later than the 7th.

Judah will win a couple of early rounds because of speed, posturing, and a few solid shots. Danny will adjust (become more comfortable) and let everyone know that he's there to fight and hurt Judah.

4th round, Judah gets hurt late and everybody notices...and hangs on for the bell. 5th round, Judah uses movement and tries to get his legs back while sticking the jab with the little bit of energy that he does have late in the fight. Danny hurts him bad this time...bad.

Judah somehow, someway, survives the 5th. Rounds 6 and 7 will be for the enjoyment of the Brooklyn fans, because deep down in side, Zab will be done, but trying to survive and wing a few punches to let the people know that he can still hang. He throws and gets countered, maybe dropped but nothing less than buckled, then comes the ref to the rescue.

Thank me later.

lately u been on a roll. imma start calling u negrodamus. laugh.gif
daprofessor
and the saga continues....

the way i see it... they had angel and his camp cornered and expected him to bow down. he didn't. laugh.gif

garcia tko7
Dolimite
QUOTE (daprofessor @ Apr 23 2013, 07:09 PM) *

the way i see it... they had angel and his camp cornered and expected him to bow down. he didn't. laugh.gif

garcia tko7

I saw it totally different and I was just about to post this video. Angel and his daddy got shook and they left their own presser! I think they got the upper hand mentally. Judah just stated facts and Team Garcia left the building! Brooklyn is in the house!
Cshel86
QUOTE (daprofessor @ Apr 23 2013, 10:09 PM) *

garcia tko7

Brooklyn fighters will all be considered trash, thanks to Zab and his mean streak of stinkers. What exactly is Zab trying to prove here? Wanna know? Zab just proved to us that he and Angel are the SAME person.

Zab talks just as much trash, but when backed into a corner, he's helpless. The same thing will happen Saturday night, things will get rough in the ring, and he'll either fold, get dirty, or both...AND look for help from either his corner or the ref.

Him and this whole Brooklyn mentality came back full swing since the first presser was announced. None of that Jesus talk surfaced in this video, at all. Zab was around some straight Brooklyn cats, and we saw some of the old Judah...too bad we wont see the "old Judah" on Saturday night. He'll just be there to collect his check after he packs it in around the 4th round.
Dolimite
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Apr 24 2013, 09:13 AM) *
Brooklyn fighters will all be considered trash, thanks to Zab and his mean streak of stinkers. What exactly is Zab trying to prove here? Wanna know? Zab just proved to us that he and Angel are the SAME person.

Zab talks just as much trash, but when backed into a corner, he's helpless. The same thing will happen Saturday night, things will get rough in the ring, and he'll either fold, get dirty, or both...AND look for help from either his corner or the ref.

Him and this whole Brooklyn mentality came back full swing since the first presser was announced. None of that Jesus talk surfaced in this video, at all. Zab was around some straight Brooklyn cats, and we saw some of the old Judah...too bad we wont see the "old Judah" on Saturday night. He'll just be there to collect his check after he packs it in around the 4th round.

Hey I hope he is the old Judah I really do. I have money on this fight and if he loses I promise you I will piss on the streets on Brooklyn when I go this summer! Like piss on it! Not that anyone would care....
aTYpicalTYrant
QUOTE (Dolimite @ Apr 24 2013, 01:44 PM) *
Hey I hope he is the old Judah I really do. I have money on this fight and if he loses I promise you I will piss on the streets on Brooklyn when I go this summer! Like piss on it! Not that anyone would care....

Might actually be an upgrade for the streets....
daprofessor
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Apr 24 2013, 01:13 PM) *

angel got under his skin at the first presser with 'troof'. zab has always been highly emotional. i can't see this fight going the distance.
daprofessor
QUOTE (Dolimite @ Apr 24 2013, 01:44 PM) *

all of nyc smells of piss....especially after it rains. laugh.gif
daprofessor
QUOTE (Dolimite @ Apr 24 2013, 12:26 PM) *
I saw it totally different and I was just about to post this video. Angel and his daddy got shook and they left their own presser! I think they got the upper hand mentally. Judah just stated facts and Team Garcia left the building! Brooklyn is in the house!

shook? angel looked like he was ready to throw down. he didn't cower...he didn't back down...he kept talking shit like he always does.
mgrover
Looked like an old fool to me. While it's nice he can come out with stuff other people don't say. He starts to remind me more and more of a kid on a play ground.
The Original MrFactor
Zab talked a lot of shit for this one. He had all the Brooklyn boys out crashin' Danny boy's showcase. Hope Zab backs up his shit talk. This became WWF with all the talk and crashing media show and such...
mrchitown
QUOTE (Dolimite @ Apr 24 2013, 11:26 AM) *

It's 1-1 in terms of trash talk, Angel didn't back down but when them Brooklyn dudes started getting close he aint do shit til somebody grabbed him. And for all the love I and others give Danny...Fuck kinda man is you letting some fool talk to your pops like that? I don't know my father but I've beat down people for much less in terms of disrespecting my family

Them cats was screaming Brooklyn was just trying to annoy them, once I saw dude from team Judah flash that gang sign look how quick Angel backed up. He a talker but one day somebody gon G check him. I'm starting to lose respect for old heads, they getting soft lol..just cuz you don't back down don't make you tough, sometimes it makes you stupid
daprofessor
i think zab caught the camp off guard and i'll agree with chi...it's 1-1.

i'll also agree...if that was someone steppin to my pops...i'm done talking. u disrespect my ppl, i'm swingin. laugh.gif
Dolimite
QUOTE (mrchitown @ Apr 24 2013, 06:47 PM) *
It's 1-1 in terms of trash talk, Angel didn't back down but when them Brooklyn dudes started getting close he aint do shit til somebody grabbed him. And for all the love I and others give Danny...Fuck kinda man is you letting some fool talk to your pops like that? I don't know my father but I've beat down people for much less in terms of disrespecting my family

Them cats was screaming Brooklyn was just trying to annoy them, once I saw dude from team Judah flash that gang sign look how quick Angel backed up. He a talker but one day somebody gon G check him. I'm starting to lose respect for old heads, they getting soft lol..just cuz you don't back down don't make you tough, sometimes it makes you stupid

That shit was funny. How do you leave your own press conference! I wonder who would win in a war of words Angel Garcia or Ruben Guerrero? PR vs. Mexican! Make it happen!

QUOTE (daprofessor @ Apr 24 2013, 06:59 PM) *

i'll also agree...if that was someone steppin to my pops...i'm done talking. u disrespect my ppl, i'm swingin. laugh.gif

These boys, either of them ain't about that life.
Cshel86
QUOTE (daprofessor @ Apr 24 2013, 03:15 PM) *
angel got under his skin at the first presser with 'troof'. zab has always been highly emotional. i can't see this fight going the distance.

Couldn't have said it better myself.
checkleft
Im pretty much fed up with the Garcia camp lol. I'm not even gonna watch this fight tho because the winner will lose tho the winner if math and lamont anyway. Plus the martinez fight is on so there's really no point, the Garcia camp sound like pussies and zab is already halfway beaten, hes way too emotional to take serious
daprofessor
i'm watching the press conference and zab has flipped. apparently gbp put them in a small room and split them up for the final presser. he sounds amped.

he also snapped on oscar and refused to shake his hand for something oscar apparently said on twitter. anyone know what was said on twitter?
mrchitown
QUOTE (daprofessor @ Apr 25 2013, 04:09 PM) *
i'm watching the press conference and zab has flipped. apparently gbp put them in a small room and split them up for the final presser. he sounds amped.

he also snapped on oscar and refused to shake his hand for something oscar apparently said on twitter. anyone know what was said on twitter?

I shall research this, hopefully it was recent but De La Hoya be saying dumb stuff all the time
mrchitown
QUOTE (Dolimite @ Apr 25 2013, 06:17 AM) *
That shit was funny. How do you leave your own press conference! I wonder who would win in a war of words Angel Garcia or Ruben Guerrero? PR vs. Mexican! Make it happen!

That would make for an all time great press conference between those two camps
mrchitown
QUOTE (daprofessor @ Apr 24 2013, 08:59 PM) *

Smart of Zab to return the favor but he needs to switch gears. I'm a big Zab fan but he's playing right into Team Garcia's trap, especially Angel. He did it with Khan, he had Khan so wound up and angry that he abandoned his game plan and only sought to seek and destroy. Judah is going down the same road. Yall both hurled insults at eac hother, leave it at that, you paid to fight not see who has the best one liners
sduck
Anyone else seen Zab's rant in the presser? Dude is done, he lost this fight. It's always his mental game that gets to him, and it's gotten to him so much prior to this fight. Danny Garcia lets his father do all the talking, so he has nothing to worry about, it's Zab getting heated and losing his head. I feel for Zab, but I think he'll lose this fight, definitely.
The Original MrFactor
The presser today was pretty damn funny. They kep Zab locked in a basement with no food or water for hours. They opened the cage and he goes after DLH. DLH looked pissed. He hd the "I'm gonna give him a boxing lesson," look on his face. Zaband Angel really sold this fight. I agree with everything Zab said today. If he doesnt stop Garcia in 5, then as usual, it will be a long night for Zab. I'm rooting for Zab and starting to swing toward him edging it. I want to see Angel stfu.
Cshel86
Oooowee! This one is heating up! I agree with Checkleft though, Zab is waaay too emotional right about now. I'm just glad that he was able to get it all off his chest right then. I mean damn, the way they treated him and his team was very disrespectful, so again, I hope he can get it off his chest in the ring on Saturday.

As I said in the last presser that got all out of hand, Zab was already two rounds into the fight after that. This time, I think he's two rounds deeper into it. With that in mind, he'll either come out and stay composed for a round (or half a round), then go to work early. Problem is, that impeccable defense that he spoke of...hmm...I've never really seen it.

If he gets caught up in a war of exchanges, then that hook has his name on it. He has to catch Danny early and hope that he's not warmed up, or else...
daprofessor
zab is on some bullshit. first of all...yesterday he was talking about crashing parties and today he's talking about the reason he was there was to support danny jacobs and peter quillen? everyone knows he was there to try and even the score. he did in a way... angel and danny tucked tail and dipped. i can't say i don't blame them for doing so. zab was rolling deep and u never know what could have happened. so now...today, they decided to separate the camps for the final presser...i'd say that's in order when u figure zab would probably try and pull something different today. so if oscar called zab unprofessional for what went down yesterday...my answer to that is it's not any more unprofessional than what angel did at the original presser. he spoke truth....it hurt zabs feelings....zab wanted to hurt him for that. he brought his squad to the sports store to do so. it's a back and forth thing that happens everyday in the hood. bottom line....all scores should be settled in the ring. i hope security is tight at the barclays because i get the feeling shit is going to hit the fan one way or the other. judah isn't a stranger to crazy shit. *see floyd/zab.
mrchitown
QUOTE (daprofessor @ Apr 25 2013, 08:38 PM) *
zab is on some bullshit. first of all...yesterday he was talking about crashing parties and today he's talking about the reason he was there was to support danny jacobs and peter quillen? everyone knows he was there to try and even the score. he did in a way... angel and danny tucked tail and dipped. i can't say i don't blame them for doing so. zab was rolling deep and u never know what could have happened. so now...today, they decided to separate the camps for the final presser...i'd say that's in order when u figure zab would probably try and pull something different today. so if oscar called zab unprofessional for what went down yesterday...my answer to that is it's not any more unprofessional than what angel did at the original presser. he spoke truth....it hurt zabs feelings....zab wanted to hurt him for that. he brought his squad to the sports store to do so. it's a back and forth thing that happens everyday in the hood. bottom line....all scores should be settled in the ring. i hope security is tight at the barclays because i get the feeling shit is going to hit the fan one way or the other. judah isn't a stranger to crazy shit. *see floyd/zab.

This aint the hood though and the difference is when you running a business that unprofessional stuff is a no no, you damage relationships like that. Zab needs to stop with the rants but I understand him, if somebody did that to your fighter you'd be pissed and you know it. You don't do shit like that it's foul. Oscar thought he was gon get off with that clean but Zab blew up the place and then he looking like he gon do something like he still a threat to somebody lol.

I can't condone none of that. I'm a seller not a buyer and if I acted like that to one of my clients I'd expect to lose their business. Buyers go for shit like that the sellers don't
mrchitown
QUOTE (daprofessor @ Apr 25 2013, 04:09 PM) *

What ever it is he said he deleted them quickly, but I did see the back and forth between Froch and Ward....Froch told Ward that he, fuck it I'll just post it

Andre S.O.G. Ward ‏@andreward 2h
@Carl_Froch Stop making excuses Carl...answer the question. UK fans want to know...why?? Answer please...

@Carl_Froch I'll leave it for now "champ". I know you have a big fight coming up...don't want you to lose focus...that wouldn't be good. Lol

Carl Froch ‏@Carl_Froch 2h
@andreward no problem big shot, I enjoy the banter but your question is "boring" reminds me of a style of fighting that fans can't watch LOLAndre

@Carl_Froch You have to come stronger than that bro! Only people who agree with you are your neighbors in Nottingham!! Get some rest "champ"

@andreward 18 thousand seat stadium sold out in 3 hours and being shown on the best platform on PPV! Meanwhile you're still too boring! Zzzz

Carl Froch ‏@Carl_Froch 3h
@andreward @skysportsboxing You make me laugh Ward! What's happened to your career!? So boring kid, you could put a glass eye to sleep

That last tweet from Froch was venomous lol
daprofessor
QUOTE (mrchitown @ Apr 25 2013, 10:33 PM) *
This aint the hood though and the difference is when you running a business that unprofessional stuff is a no no, you damage relationships like that. Zab needs to stop with the rants but I understand him, if somebody did that to your fighter you'd be pissed and you know it. You don't do shit like that it's foul. Oscar thought he was gon get off with that clean but Zab blew up the place and then he looking like he gon do something like he still a threat to somebody lol.

I can't condone none of that. I'm a seller not a buyer and if I acted like that to one of my clients I'd expect to lose their business. Buyers go for shit like that the sellers don't

i hear u stephen. laugh.gif

but seriously...i'm with u. i agree.
daprofessor
QUOTE (mrchitown @ Apr 25 2013, 10:40 PM) *
What ever it is he said he deleted them quickly, but I did see the back and forth between Froch and Ward....Froch told Ward that he, fuck it I'll just post it

@Carl_Froch Stop making excuses Carl...answer the question. UK fans want to know...why?? Answer please...

@Carl_Froch I'll leave it for now "champ". I know you have a big fight coming up...don't want you to lose focus...that wouldn't be good. Lol

@andreward no problem big shot, I enjoy the banter but your question is "boring" reminds me of a style of fighting that fans can't watch LOLAndre

@Carl_Froch You have to come stronger than that bro! Only people who agree with you are your neighbors in Nottingham!! Get some rest "champ"

@andreward 18 thousand seat stadium sold out in 3 hours and being shown on the best platform on PPV! Meanwhile you're still too boring! Zzzz

@andreward @skysportsboxing You make me laugh Ward! What's happened to your career!? So boring kid, you could put a glass eye to sleep

i'm tired of froch. his arrogant act is old. he got his ass handed to him by a 'boring' fighter. what's that say about him? ward is one of boxing's good guys so he isn't going to talk the right kind of shit...plus he isn't witty enough. i would have left it at...'come talk to me after u avenge your 2 losses (kessler/dirrell) otherwise stfu.' laugh.gif
Cshel86
QUOTE (mrchitown @ Apr 25 2013, 10:40 PM) *

laugh.gif

After I actually understood what he said, I laughed my ass off!

I bet Froch was in the mirror laughing after he hit the "tweet" button, like he actually has to convince himself that he tweeted it.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.