Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Danny Garcia vs. Zab Judah Preview and Poll!
FightHype Community > BOXING HYPE > Boxing
Pages: 1, 2
Aware
QUOTE (daprofessor @ Apr 25 2013, 10:51 PM) *
i'm tired of froch. his arrogant act is old. he got his ass handed to him by a 'boring' fighter. what's that say about him? ward is one of boxing's good guys so he isn't going to talk the right kind of shit...plus he isn't witty enough. i would have left it at...'come talk to me after u avenge your 2 losses (kessler/dirrell) otherwise stfu.' laugh.gif

Why do you say Ward is not witty enough? (I know you mean with respect to shit talking)
mrchitown
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Apr 25 2013, 10:05 PM) *
laugh.gif

After I actually understood what he said, I laughed my ass off!

I bet Froch was in the mirror laughing after he hit the "tweet" button, like he actually has to convince himself that he tweeted it.

I'll give it to Froch, the guy is entertaining. Sometimes I wonder if he really believes the stuff he says lol
mrchitown
QUOTE (daprofessor @ Apr 25 2013, 09:51 PM) *
i'm tired of froch. his arrogant act is old. he got his ass handed to him by a 'boring' fighter. what's that say about him? ward is one of boxing's good guys so he isn't going to talk the right kind of shit...plus he isn't witty enough. i would have left it at...'come talk to me after u avenge your 2 losses (kessler/dirrell) otherwise stfu.' laugh.gif

Ward knows and Froch and Kessler know what's the deal. Who ever wins their fight earns a rematch with him and another ass whopping coming. At least they won the trash talk game but Ward don't care much for that, but every now and then he slips in a few gems of his own. He comes back at them with facts but those 2 are funnier. Froch is comedic but sometimes his attitude makes me think he's over compensating because truth be told, I knew he'd lose to Ward for the same reason I believe he lost to Dirrell and for the same reason he was losing to Taylor. He's not athletic, he's a blue collar worker in there but natural athletes give him fits
kidbazooka1
Zab was off the hook he went off on dlh but Oscar had that look like I wanna beat this lil shuts ass which I net even an out of shape dlh could still do to a Zab Judah.
Dolimite
QUOTE (kidbazooka1 @ Apr 25 2013, 11:11 PM) *
Zab was off the hook he went off on dlh but Oscar had that look like I wanna beat this lil shuts ass which I net even an out of shape dlh could still do to a Zab Judah.

Oscar looked like Reginald Denny in the middle of Los Angeles during the riots, out of place. Oscar seemed uncomfortable and his bitch card got pulled. Zab ain't the one to try to pull that BS with. And why was Bernard Hopkins acting like the good slave! Oscar got his ass in trouble let that man be a man and back his shit up. I am tired of Hopkins doing that shit. Let Oscar defend himself! Oscar was a stuttering a bitch! LOL
daprofessor
QUOTE (Aware @ Apr 26 2013, 12:42 AM) *
Why do you say Ward is not witty enough? (I know you mean with respect to shit talking)

Wit - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wit
Wit is a form of intelligent humour, the ability to say or write things that are clever and usually funny. A wit is a person skilled at making clever and funny remarks.

ali was witty and very clever. we haven't seen that kind of wit or cleverness in years. ward doesn't have it. he's a really nice guy. it's not in his nature to be that way.
daprofessor
QUOTE (mrchitown @ Apr 26 2013, 01:38 AM) *
Ward knows and Froch and Kessler know what's the deal. Who ever wins their fight earns a rematch with him and another ass whopping coming. At least they won the trash talk game but Ward don't care much for that, but every now and then he slips in a few gems of his own. He comes back at them with facts but those 2 are funnier. Froch is comedic but sometimes his attitude makes me think he's over compensating because truth be told, I knew he'd lose to Ward for the same reason I believe he lost to Dirrell and for the same reason he was losing to Taylor. He's not athletic, he's a blue collar worker in there but natural athletes give him fits

agreed. he really is nothing special.
VJones
Golden Boy is notorious for trying to give their fighters an advantage with these kinds of slights to the opponent (most recently, Austin Trout can testify to two fights (Cotto & Nelo) worth of underhanded dealings with GBP. It's shameful, really.

Zab was absolutely within reason to blow up (they wouldn't even allow his wife and children in the press conference)...and to aim his angst at El Presidenta...because make no mistake, when it comes to that kind of sneaky crap...that's Handbook De La Hoya.

The funny thing is...this time, DLH wasn't playing mind games. They (GBP and Team Garcia) really were fearful that something was gonna fly off. Not so much between Zab and Danny on stage, but with Zab's official and "unofficial" crew and Team Garcia. Because things have gotten gritty in the past few days. Angel in particular seems to feel threatened, despite what he's saying publicly. To borrow from someone: "He was shook". Apparently, he feels, threats were made to his life by "unofficial" members of Team Judah. And that's why he was extra agitated at yesterday's press conference. He seems legitimately fearful...and Danny seems wound tight because of it.

Meanwhile, Judah feels like Angel got away with calling him the N-word in the first press conference. He feels disrespected, and though he claims to have left his street life in his past...the street (and more importantly, the rules of the street) is still strong in him.

Judah (back in BK and bolstered by his people there) has a certain "element" of supporters willing to do what he will/can-not. Not that I'm suggesting that Judah has set anything in motion. Because I think he really does want to be a different person..but as I said, the street is strong in him. And some things are somewhat out of his control.

Anyway...all of this tension is really selling this fight. Lol. And unlike some of the previous boxing "beefs" over the years...this one is legitimate. And it has the potential to spill out of the ring. Smh. Hope we don't see that.

Angel Garcia is incendiary, to say the least...but I think this situation has manifested into something much uglier than the normal back and forth. As a caveat, Angel really needs to be careful what he says in the build up to his son's fights. Racist and/or borderline racist rants never go over well.

As for my prediction. Well, if Zab was a different psychological archetype, based on all of these happenings, I'd actually give him the mental edge. But we just never know what we're dealing with when it comes to Judah...so I'm kind of on the fence.

Never-the-less, I'll take the plunge...A "super" Judah shows up tomorrow, with all of the advantages (experience, speed, power, ring generalship, crowd...and get this...poise)...add to that, an unusually unpoised Danny Garcia (full of emotion and nervous energy...gunning unsuccessfully for Judah's head). UD12 Judah. With a KD in the 5th and 7th.

#TeamUpset =)

VJones
QUOTE (mrchitown @ Apr 26 2013, 12:38 AM) *

Andre said (on record) a couple of days ago, that if they fight again...he'll knock Froch out.

QUOTE (Dolimite @ Apr 26 2013, 11:34 AM) *
Oscar looked like Reginald Denny in the middle of Los Angeles during the riots, out of place. Oscar seemed uncomfortable and his bitch card got pulled. Zab ain't the one to try to pull that BS with. And why was Bernard Hopkins acting like the good slave! Oscar got his ass in trouble let that man be a man and back his shit up. I am tired of Hopkins doing that shit. Let Oscar defend himself! Oscar was a stuttering a bitch! LOL

I can agree with this! Except for the BHOP part. Hops likes to be involved, plus, as an "old head", I think he viewed himself as keeping Zab focused.

QUOTE (daprofessor @ Apr 26 2013, 02:36 PM) *
agreed. he really is nothing special.

Prof, you already know how I feel about Froch! Soooo annoying. Smh.
daprofessor
QUOTE (VJones @ Apr 26 2013, 05:03 PM) *
Golden Boy is notorious for trying to give their fighters an advantage with these kinds of slights to the opponent (most recently, Austin Trout can testify to two fights (Cotto & Nelo) worth of underhanded dealings with GBP. It's shameful, really.

Zab was absolutely within reason to blow up (they wouldn't even allow his wife and children in the press conference)...and to aim his angst at El Presidenta...because make no mistake, when it comes to that kind of sneaky crap...that's Handbook De La Hoya.

The funny thing is...this time, DLH wasn't playing mind games. They (GBP and Team Garcia) really were fearful that something was gonna fly off. Not so much between Zab and Danny on stage, but with Zab's official and "unofficial" crew and Team Garcia. Because things have gotten gritty in the past few days. Angel in particular seems to feel threatened, despite what he's saying publicly. To borrow from someone: "He was shook". Apparently, he feels, threats were made to his life by "unofficial" members of Team Judah. And that's why he was extra agitated at yesterday's press conference. He seems legitimately fearful...and Danny seems wound tight because of it.

Meanwhile, Judah feels like Angel got away with calling him the N-word in the first press conference. He feels disrespected, and though he claims to have left his street life in his past...the street (and more importantly, the rules of the street) is still strong in him.

Judah (back in BK and bolstered by his people there) has a certain "element" of supporters willing to do what he will/can-not. Not that I'm suggesting that Judah has set anything in motion. Because I think he really does want to be a different person..but as I said, the street is strong in him. And some things are somewhat out of his control.

Anyway...all of this tension is really selling this fight. Lol. And unlike some of the previous boxing "beefs" over the years...this one is legitimate. And it has the potential to spill out of the ring. Smh. Hope we don't see that.

Angel Garcia is incendiary, to say the least...but I think this situation has manifested into something much uglier than the normal back and forth. As a caveat, Angel really needs to be careful what he says in the build up to his son's fights. Racist and/or borderline racist rants never go over well.

As for my prediction. Well, if Zab was a different psychological archetype, based on all of these happenings, I'd actually give him the mental edge. But we just never know what we're dealing with when it comes to Judah...so I'm kind of on the fence.

Never-the-less, I'll take the plunge...A "super" Judah shows up tomorrow, with all of the advantages (experience, speed, power, ring generalship, crowd...and get this...poise)...add to that, an unusually unpoised Danny Garcia (full of emotion and nervous energy...gunning unsuccessfully for Judah's head). UD12 Judah. With a KD in the 5th and 7th.

#TeamUpset =)

remind me to hire u for p.r. work. excellent analysis.

i was originally picking danny by ko. now i'm thinking this fight goes the distance.
VJones
QUOTE (daprofessor @ Apr 26 2013, 04:20 PM) *

i was originally picking danny by ko. now i'm thinking this fight goes the distance.

Lol, I'll hold you to it. wink.gif

It is an interesting turn of events, isn't it! Can't wait to see how it all plays out...
daprofessor
QUOTE (VJones @ Apr 26 2013, 05:51 PM) *
Lol, I'll hold you to it. wink.gif

It is an interesting turn of events, isn't it! Can't wait to see how it all plays out...

seriously. angel was all up under zabs skin then the thing at the sporting club changed it up. i haven't heard about the death threats in relation to this fight...but i've been there and i can tell u when u know someone wants to/is willing to kill u...over some bullshit...it will alter your demeanor. laugh.gif danny definitely seems wound up. he better settle down and relax before he gets ktfo'd.
VJones
QUOTE (daprofessor @ Apr 26 2013, 04:58 PM) *
seriously. angel was all up under zabs skin then the thing at the sporting club changed it up. i haven't heard about the death threats in relation to this fight...but i've been there and i can tell u when u know someone wants to/is willing to kill u...over some bullshit...it will alter your demeanor. laugh.gif danny definitely seems wound up. he better settle down and relax before he gets ktfo'd.

Indeed! And to add...Angel's not just a dad...but also his trainer. So if Angel is not composed...it will effect his fighter.

And yeah...regarding Danny getting knocked out...I was sooo tempted to predict it...but I can't recall seeing him hurt in a fight...and so with no reference, I remain somewhat conservative...but I predict 2 knockdowns. Because Zab definitely has power in both hands...and Danny has been brought up somewhat carefully.

It really boils down to which team is composed. Who can get their minds right by the first bell...
Cshel86
QUOTE (daprofessor @ Apr 26 2013, 05:20 PM) *

Right! laugh.gif

I still think Judah gets finished in this one. Right now, both guys have this heightened sense of whatever tha fuck. Lol

Judah's already over emotional and ready to go in there and knock Danny out...we ALL know what happens when you go into the fight looking for a knockout...chances are, you'll be the victim of your own intentions. Danny on the other hand, may be more worried about what happens AFTER the fight, so he'll have no choice but to be focused on the fight itself, after the first bell rings.

Judah seems to have had a bit of trouble making weight, and so did Kid Chopped-Tooth and whiney Guerrero.
daprofessor
QUOTE (VJones @ Apr 26 2013, 06:22 PM) *
Indeed! And to add...Angel's not just a dad...but also his trainer. So if Angel is not composed...it will effect his fighter.

And yeah...regarding Danny getting knocked out...I was sooo tempted to predict it...but I can't recall seeing him hurt in a fight...and so with no reference, I remain somewhat conservative...but I predict 2 knockdowns. Because Zab definitely has power in both hands...and Danny has been brought up somewhat carefully.

It really boils down to which team is composed. Who can get their minds right by the first bell...

if anything goes danny's way...expect zabs corner to lose it. especially if his pops is there. laugh.gif he's got to be the most animated dude i ever saw in a corner.
Dolimite
QUOTE (VJones @ Apr 26 2013, 02:03 PM) *

#TeamUpset =)

Damn skippy! I am pulling hard for Judah. The thing with B Hop he always comes to Oscar's defense whenever Oscar put his foot in his mouth. Oscar fucked up big time and he looked like a bitch and had no idea how to clean it up. If Hopkins wasn't there it would of been even worse. Hopkins needs to let Oscar promote and stand by his decisions.
neophyte7

QUOTE (VJones @ Apr 26 2013, 02:03 PM)

PUERTO RICANS USE THE WORD nigger more than blacks. They call themselves nigger more than Blacks. I live here in New York City... PRicans feel they have a right to use the word... PRIcans definitely have Black blood.. some more than others. From experience I don't find many PRicans to be racist . Ones that are racist are ignorant and in denial of their origin and African Roots. Garcias racist??? I recall Hector Camacho after a bout in his days calling out fighters Leonard, pryor.. he then said, "All You niggers"... LMAO
daprofessor
QUOTE (neophyte7 @ Apr 26 2013, 07:30 PM) *

QUOTE (VJones @ Apr 26 2013, 02:03 PM)

PUERTO RICANS USE THE WORD nigger more than blacks. They call themselves nigger more than Blacks. I live here in New York City... PRicans feel they have a right to use the word... PRIcans definitely have Black blood.. some more than others. From experience I don't find many PRicans to be racist . Ones that are racist are ignorant and in denial of their origin and African Roots. Garcias racist??? I recall Hector Camacho after a bout in his days calling out fighters Leonard, pryor.. he then said, "All You niggers"... LMAO

i made this argument in another forum. zab knows this to be the case. he's from brooklyn and grew up with boricuas. in another video i saw of him...he was going on about his son being half puerto rican. he just used that at the press conference because that's been the talk in some of the forums so i believe he's running with it. he also talked about not being invited to the event the day before at the sporting store. he made several comments about crashing the party etc.. then at the final presser he makes it seem like he was there to support quillen and jacobs. i called bullshit on that. he knew what he was doing. he accomplished it. own up to it. don't try to switch it up and play victim. he knows he's not favorited in his own home town. he has given so much to boxing...he is worthy of respect.
neophyte7
Yeah.. I mean not allowing his family and even kids inside the press conference was not a good thing.. Oh well.. ZAB. KNOCK GARCIA THE FUCK OUT like Hopkins said he can settle this in the ring...
daprofessor
QUOTE (neophyte7 @ Apr 26 2013, 08:59 PM) *
Yeah.. I mean not allowing his family and even kids inside the press conference was not a good thing.. Oh well.. ZAB. KNOCK GARCIA THE FUCK OUT like Hopkins said he can settle this in the ring...

gbp has a lot to learn still about promoting.
daprofessor
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Apr 26 2013, 07:05 PM) *
Right! laugh.gif

I still think Judah gets finished in this one. Right now, both guys have this heightened sense of whatever tha fuck. Lol

Judah's already over emotional and ready to go in there and knock Danny out...we ALL know what happens when you go into the fight looking for a knockout...chances are, you'll be the victim of your own intentions. Danny on the other hand, may be more worried about what happens AFTER the fight, so he'll have no choice but to be focused on the fight itself, after the first bell rings.

Judah seems to have had a bit of trouble making weight, and so did Kid Chopped-Tooth and whiney Guerrero.

idk. judah has seemed to come to a calm state. it's danny that looks wound up and tense. we'll see what happens when the bell rings. i think the ring walks and the final face off at the center of the ring are very telling.

did quillen and guerrero make weight?
Cshel86
QUOTE (daprofessor @ Apr 26 2013, 09:37 PM) *
idk. judah has seemed to come to a calm state. it's danny that looks wound up and tense. we'll see what happens when the bell rings. i think the ring walks and the final face off at the center of the ring are very telling.

did quillen and guerrero make weight?

Cant wait til tomorrow night...we've all been waiting since Feb.

Quillin and Guerrero did make weight. Quillin sweated off that 1.5 lbs and Guerrero sweated off that .4 lbs. They said it took Judah two times to make 140, but he didn't need to take two hours and all.
daprofessor
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Apr 26 2013, 10:12 PM) *
Cant wait til tomorrow night...we've all been waiting since Feb.

Quillin and Guerrero did make weight. Quillin sweated off that 1.5 lbs and Guerrero sweated off that .4 lbs. They said it took Judah two times to make 140, but he didn't need to take two hours and all.

i saw it. he took off his socks and draws and hit 140 on the nose.
Dolimite
TEAM JUDAH ALL DAMN DAY! I hope the Garcias eat all the shit that they were talking. I still think Oscar is a stuttering bitch. I am calling this one gentlemen.. 9th round stoppage! Angel will not watch his son take a beating!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.