Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: NBC@4pm(ET)/1PM(PT) Fury vs. Cunningham-SPOILERS
FightHype Community > BOXING HYPE > Boxing
Jack 1000
Follow all the action and post-fight reaction to the Fury-Cunningham fight, right here!

Jack

Administrator
Cshel86
How can I start my prediction, hmm....let's see...oh there it is, now I know! Tyson Fury is one of the biggest cunts in the sport, but I'd be doing him an injustice if I didn't throw that adjective "verbally entertaining" in front of "cunt". laugh.gif

I like Cunningham's style, but it may not be enough for Fury's size and clubbing power. I've seen Chisora tee off on Fury, but I'm not sure if Cunningham has the power to follow up, though he has the speed. Fury by TKO, no later than the 7th round while Cunningham steals the early rounds with movement.

Again, I like Cunningham, but I'm not sure where his head is at for this fight. I read this morning about him still complaining about his two losses (more so the recent controversial decision) to Adamek. Dude, you have a huge guy in front of you, ready to hurt you, and just why are you still tripping about the loss? Focus? Nope.

I'm stoked for Stevens vs Findley. We all know Findley is a tough customer, and Stevens is BACK, but who knows if the inconsistent side of Stevens will surface if things don't go his way early. I'm not sure how to call this. Findley is known to weather the storm early and make it a dog fight.
Cshel86
Findley smiled at Stevens for the whole 1st round and took some of Stevens's best shots. Both guys used their jab instead of rushing in. At the closing of the round, Findley was trying to get some work done against the ropes. He was actually hurt by some of Stevens's shots mid round, but recovered quick...that's Findley.

Stevens got the first round, he landed the cleaner blows, which Findley invited and ate. Let's see how long he can keep that up.
Cshel86
Findley's swole as hell and strong. He's trying to bully Stevens and he IS taking all of his shots.

For BJ Flores to be a pro fighter, he's calling a couple of things that aren't happening, like "These shots are really hurting Findley". Nah BJ, be cool with all of that, nothing's going wrong her.

Findley takes the second. He took all of Stevens's head AND body shots, gave it right back and bullied Stevens. Curtis IS a Brooklyn fighter...glad he kept his cool for that round.
Cshel86
Findley is bullying Stevens like a mofo! He took the 3rd as well.

How in the heck did Flores give Stevens the 2nd round? No sir, he clearly lost that round.

2-1 Findley
Cshel86
The unofficial scorer gave Stevens rounds 1-3?! GTFOH man!

Stevens is winning the 4th round and Findley is getting hit with unnecessary shots. Where's his lateral movement?

Curtis is dipping his shoulder and putting everything into those hooks! He buckled Findley a few times, but it's tragically amazing that Findley is able to take these hard shots and still keep the pressure going.

Stevens took rounds 1 and 4, while Findley took rounds 2 and 3.
Cshel86
Stevens won the 5th...landed some HARD hooks and those uppercuts are grazing, but if a flush one lands...who knows? It's hard to even tell whether or not Findley's ever hurt.

3-2 Stevens
Cshel86
What fuckin' "punching power" are they talking about??? Stevens has landed nearly every punch he's wanted to land, and Findley's still there. Again, what power? Maybe an accumulation TKO will occur, but that "one punch" power is nonexistent thus far.
Cshel86
Stevens has taken the 6th as well, he's been countering all day. What else can he do? Findley is giving him every chance in the world.

4-2 Stevens

Hooks and uppercuts by Stevens, constant pressure from Findley, still.
Cshel86
Stevens just went down in the 7th, from a whack ass jab and bad balance. laugh.gif

Really??? LOL
Cshel86
LOL

5-2 Stevens, or you could call the 7th as an "even" round. laugh.gif

I think Findley found something in the closing seconds of that round by landing that wild overhand right hook that hurt Stevens just a bit.
Cshel86
Not all that sure who to give the 8th to. Stevens landed some clean shots, but he was getting pressured, pushed around, and clubbed most of the round.

They're debating about the 7th round "knockdown"

With that in mind, this could be scored as 6-2 or 5-3 for Stevens.

Now Findley is saying that "Stevens is overrated, and he hits like a chump".

laugh.gif
Cshel86
Judges 1 &2 had it, 78-74
Judge 3 had it, 79-73

Stevens just called out Golovkin?! Riiiight

If Findley's slow ass was able to put gloves on him, then we know what GGG can do. He may not fight that same type of fight if he faces GGG though.
Cshel86
I just want to see several straight punches to the body from Cunningham, to slow this big mofo down. If not, that dude will be in his face all night like Findley (the black Margarito) does.
Cshel86
That was pretty entertaining 1st round!

Fury was doing his lazy, British bumpkin version of the Klitschko bothers by working the jab. He landed a couple of moving shots on USS and in return USS is trying to land that HUGE overhand right...it may take a few rounds because Fury is open for it.

The taunting by both and the shove at the end by Fury was classic! laugh.gif
Cshel86
Cunningham FLOORED Fury in the opening seconds of the 2nd!!!

WOOOOO!!!!

Nasty overhand right from USS!
mgrover
Fury downnnn.

Funny how Fury always goes down but never seems that hurt lol
Cshel86
Fury's on shaky legs, but he's trying his hardest to recover here. I give him that much. Steve better not get reckless in there. USS obviously won that round.
Cshel86
Fury came out in the 3rd with a big right hand!

He's been kept honest here, but he's trying to "get his lick back" as we used to say in the country when we would fight and get hit. My grandma would say, "If you get hit, get yo lick back".

laugh.gif
Cshel86
I think Steve's doing his best rendition of Williams/Martinez II...he's trying with those overhand shots. He's doing pretty good to the body, but Fury is using his weight now. Steve needs to use his legs.

Not sure who to give the 3rd to, USS landed the cleaner shots (though he threw less punches), but I believe Fury will get credit for the first right hand and putting his weight on Steve from time to time.
Cshel86
Fury's hurt again in the 4th with yet another overhand right no2.gif

He almost DDT'd Cunningham after that punch landed. LOL
Cshel86
Looks like Fury lost a point in the 5th for using his head, not holding. Flores is such a square-headed jerk, how could he not see that?

Fury is using his weight again in this round, but haven't landed anything significant.

Steve is getting touched up in the 5ht because he's falling into the wrestling game. What eve happened to him using legs, creating angles, and shooting shots to the body? USS is bleeding from the nose and looked a bit tired at the closing of the 5th.

Brother Naz needs to get in his ass to tell him to shape up.
Cshel86
Why does Cunningham look like a mix of Michael Vick and Omar Epps???
Cshel86
Fury has effectively taken round 6 and found some success.

Steve looks tired, his left eye is swelling, his nose is bleeding, he has no pop on his shots anymore, he's getting stalked, he's looking for ONE big shot (bad mistake), and he looks lost. Looks like he wants the fight to be over, but shit, he's fighting the wrong fight.
Cshel86
As I predicted....Fury wins by TKO in 7th round. I knew those early rounds would go to Steve, but that size was going to be a factor eventually.

I hate it for Steve, but damn bro, you fought the wrong fight. Fury kept the pressure going and used his weight. I think Steve fucked up because he tried to use that right hand as a calling card, and neglected the straight shots to the body and creating angles.

Fuck it, put Fury in with the Klitchskos...who cares at this point?

Overall, nice scrap. Hate it for Steve, but hey, you win some, you lose some.
Cshel86
Fury is such a cunt, but he knows how to sell himself!

This motherfucker grabbed the mic and started singing!!! I mean like 16 bars or more!

laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif

I'm done here!!! #Dead

It's hard to not feel bad for Steve. I mean these dudes are fighters, but shit, losses like will really set a fighter back.
Amandla
lol Tyson Fury certainly isn't a boxer he's an old time slugger and he proved he's got the power. I'm really looking forward to seeing his career unfold.

I had no doubt he was onto a loser from the start. His feet wre sticking to the floor like he had stepped in glue before he stepped onto the canvas...but he pulled that chopper out of the bag and TIMBERRRRRRRRRRRRR!
mrchitown
I hate that Fury won, I saw he predicted that he'll be going on a 15yr run at HW of being unbeaten. I doubt that. I hope he does fight one of the Klitschko's, maybe that'll be the end of his mouth and maybe him as well
ROME
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Apr 20 2013, 05:36 PM) *
Fury is such a cunt, but he knows how to sell himself!

This motherfucker grabbed the mic and started singing!!! I mean like 16 bars or more!

laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif

I'm done here!!! #Dead

It's hard to not feel bad for Steve. I mean these dudes are fighters, but shit, losses like will really set a fighter back.

Good looking out on the RBR Shel! Couldn't make it to a terminal in time to watch but it's sounds like your prediction was impressively accurate; which is unfortunate for Steve. Mind you, I'm still mad at home for not giving my boy Troy a rematch lol
Cshel86
QUOTE (ROME @ Apr 20 2013, 07:40 PM) *
Good looking out on the RBR Shel! Couldn't make it to a terminal in time to watch but it's sounds like your prediction was impressively accurate; which is unfortunate for Steve. Mind you, I'm still mad at home for not giving my boy Troy a rematch lol

I'm glad to be of service to you. laugh.gif

I tried to keep everything as close to accurate as possible, because I know some of you guys weren't able to watch a fight this early in the day. Well, at least that was my first guess. Besides, I didn't wanna be on here posting by myself and sounding like a complete retard while calling the fight...the pressure was on me. laugh.gif

I still hate it for Steve, but fighting big guys like that, requires a lot more than going for one big shot after it gives you some success early. It's almost like he only focused on Fury's chin, while the rest of Fury's 250+ body gave him trouble. When I saw Steve circling beyond his liking, while Fury towered over him, I knew it was a wrap sooner or later.

All I can say to these other fighters, is be glad yall aren't fuckin' HWs. Anything beyond the required weight limit is fair game, excluding rehydration. Fury had Cunningham by 40 lbs yesterday, so I can imagine that he put on another possible 10-15 overnight. Smh
ROME
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Apr 20 2013, 07:50 PM) *
I'm glad to be of service to you. laugh.gif

I tried to keep everything as close to accurate as possible, because I know some of you guys weren't able to watch a fight this early in the day. Well, at least that was my first guess. Besides, I didn't wanna be on here posting by myself and sounding like a complete retard while calling the fight...the pressure was on me. laugh.gif

I still hate it for Steve, but fighting big guys like that, requires a lot more than going for one big shot after it gives you some success early. It's almost like he only focused on Fury's chin, while the rest of Fury's 250+ body gave him trouble. When I saw Steve circling beyond his liking, while Fury towered over him, I knew it was a wrap sooner or later.

All I can say to these other fighters, is be glad yall aren't fuckin' HWs. Anything beyond the required weight limit is fair game, excluding rehydration. Fury had Cunningham by 40 lbs yesterday, so I can imagine that he put on another possible 10-15 overnight. Smh

I concur. Steve is actually lucky that Fury isn't a big puncher FOR HIS SIZE, otherwise the knock out could have been much more brutal and potentially career ending. When a dude has 44lbs on you like was the case in this fight, there's no telling what could happen. It sounds as though Steve was knocked out more as a result of exhaustion, both mental and physical, than from the power of the punch(es)...
Cshel86
QUOTE (ROME @ Apr 20 2013, 08:03 PM) *
I concur. Steve is actually lucky that Fury isn't a big puncher FOR HIS SIZE, otherwise the knock out could have been much more brutal and potentially career ending. When a dude has 44lbs on you like was the case in this fight, there's no telling what could happen. It sounds as though Steve was knocked out more as a result of exhaustion, both mental and physical, than from the power of the punch(es)...

Agreed

That HW division is crazy when it comes to weight, but that's how it goes. I think Fury worked him good the 6th round, after he found some success with is size in the 5th. Honestly, not taking much away from Fury, but Steve beat himself...Fury just did the honors at the end.
daprofessor
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Apr 20 2013, 04:09 PM) *
How can I start my prediction, hmm....let's see...oh there it is, now I know! Tyson Fury is one of the biggest cunts in the sport, but I'd be doing him an injustice if I didn't throw that adjective "verbally entertaining" in front of "cunt". laugh.gif

I like Cunningham's style, but it may not be enough for Fury's size and clubbing power. I've seen Chisora tee off on Fury, but I'm not sure if Cunningham has the power to follow up, though he has the speed. Fury by TKO, no later than the 7th round while Cunningham steals the early rounds with movement.

Again, I like Cunningham, but I'm not sure where his head is at for this fight. I read this morning about him still complaining about his two losses (more so the recent controversial decision) to Adamek. Dude, you have a huge guy in front of you, ready to hurt you, and just why are you still tripping about the loss? Focus? Nope.

I'm stoked for Stevens vs Findley. We all know Findley is a tough customer, and Stevens is BACK, but who knows if the inconsistent side of Stevens will surface if things don't go his way early. I'm not sure how to call this. Findley is known to weather the storm early and make it a dog fight.

impressive.
daprofessor
never saw fury before this fight. i have to say...this dude is as raw as they come. laugh.gif where did they get him!? i can see him beating plenty of the guys at heavyweight. it's still in such a sad state. at the very least...i like his confidence and i must say he is entertaining.
Jack 1000
QUOTE (daprofessor @ Apr 22 2013, 08:48 PM) *
never saw fury before this fight. i have to say...this dude is as raw as they come. laugh.gif where did they get him!? i can see him beating plenty of the guys at heavyweight. it's still in such a sad state. at the very least...i like his confidence and i must say he is entertaining.

He's big, powerful, and an entertaining oaf with no skills. Will beat most of today's heavyweights because they are such a POS. He might get up to the level of say, I don't know Tommy Morrison or something. Somewhere between that and a bad Gerry Cooney clone. hahaha!

But shit, he came to fight and for heavyweights that was entertaining as hell. He's YEARS away from competing with a Klitschko, unless said Klit runs into a punch blitz. Lightning in a bottle is this guy's only hope.

Jack
daprofessor
QUOTE (Jack 1000 @ Apr 23 2013, 12:14 AM) *
He's big, powerful, and an entertaining oaf with no skills. Will beat most of today's heavyweights because they are such a POS. He might get up to the level of say, I don't know Tommy Morrison or something. Somewhere between that and a bad Gerry Cooney clone. hahaha!

But shit, he came to fight and for heavyweights that was entertaining as hell. He's YEARS away from competing with a Klitschko, unless said Klit runs into a punch blitz. Lightning in a bottle is this guy's only hope.

Jack

i like him. i'm a tyson fury fan just off that one fight. he's got a little something and i can definitely see him being at the top of the heap with a little more skill.
mrchitown
QUOTE (daprofessor @ Apr 23 2013, 01:51 PM) *
i like him. i'm a tyson fury fan just off that one fight. he's got a little something and i can definitely see him being at the top of the heap with a little more skill.

You slippin laugh.gif

I think he has upside but not much, his saving grace is that the division he fights in is not filled with much talent. Cunningham isn't even a true heavy and had some success against him. He's nothing special, he sums up his division perfectly in terms of his talent
mrchitown
QUOTE (Jack 1000 @ Apr 22 2013, 11:14 PM) *

Jack

That's exactly what he is, he's going to run into trouble sooner or later and then we'll see how he reacts. Even though Price got ko'd by Thompson, I think Price beats Fury
Jack 1000
QUOTE (mrchitown @ Apr 23 2013, 04:41 PM) *
That's exactly what he is, he's going to run into trouble sooner or later and then we'll see how he reacts. Even though Price got ko'd by Thompson, I think Price beats Fury

Exactly!

A strong powerful no skilled, but determined guy. However, when you are dropped by Cunningham, when Steve isn't even in that natural heavyweight class? That's a glass chin, and it is more likely to get shattered sooner rather than later if he runs into a real puncher with some skills. A skilled fighter will be able to see Fury's shots from a mile away.

A Floyd Patterson chin if not worse! Maybe that's not fair to Floyd because he was very skilled. His chin was his downfall.

Jack
daprofessor
QUOTE (mrchitown @ Apr 23 2013, 05:40 PM) *
You slippin laugh.gif

I think he has upside but not much, his saving grace is that the division he fights in is not filled with much talent. Cunningham isn't even a true heavy and had some success against him. He's nothing special, he sums up his division perfectly in terms of his talent

let me ask u this.... if given the choice of watching the klitschko's beat up on some no hopers or tyson fury beat up on ppl who actually have a chance to beat him....which would you prefer to watch?
daprofessor
QUOTE (Jack 1000 @ Apr 23 2013, 05:51 PM) *
Exactly!

A strong powerful no skilled, but determined guy. However, when you are dropped by Cunningham, when Steve isn't even in that natural heavyweight class? That's a glass chin, and it is more likely to get shattered sooner rather than later if he runs into a real puncher with some skills. A skilled fighter will be able to see Fury's shots from a mile away.

A Floyd Patterson chin if not worse! Maybe that's not fair to Floyd because he was very skilled. His chin was his downfall.

Jack

has he been hurt before? imo...it says a lot about a guy who gets up from a knock down like that and takes over the fight. he's got something.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.