Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Showtime@10PM(ET)/7PM(PT)-Alveraz vs. Trout: SPOILERS
FightHype Community > BOXING HYPE > Boxing
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
mgrover
QUOTE (Amandla @ Apr 21 2013, 05:07 AM) *
When your punches POP like that they make those old fools sit up and listen...lol

In the last round that was Trout at his most aggressive. I'd like to have seen him let his hands go earlier and get aggressive. He was bobbing and weaving so much that Canelo started showboating. Man needs to let his hands GO!

Tbh I think he knew he wasn't going to KO him, so he didn't want to get himself stopped.
thefloatingmonkey
Trout needs to go work on his offense. His offense is terrible. He reaches with all of his punches and is very ackward when he does connect. Never really flush. He has no killer instinct either. Kinda reminds me of Chad Dawson in that way. Scores were definitely way too wide, but was a close fight.
maac
QUOTE (aTYpicalTYrant @ Apr 20 2013, 11:06 PM) *
What were your thoughts on that 118-109 Scorecard? Lol

Obviously that scorecard was bullshit, but it's not the fault
of Canelo, who won well. Close but clear decision.
checkleft
QUOTE (Amandla @ Apr 20 2013, 11:07 PM) *
When your punches POP like that they make those old fools sit up and listen...lol

In the last round that was Trout at his most aggressive. I'd like to have seen him let his hands go earlier and get aggressive. He was bobbing and weaving so much that Canelo started showboating. Man needs to let his hands GO!

I don't ever do this. But you are stupid
Cshel86
FOH Trout, you'll be fighting B-side fighters like the way you fought tonight.

The rematch clause was in Canelo's favor, not yours. If you didn't a rematch clause, then you're not getting one. Move on dude.

He slipped most of your shots and he made you look like a drunk breakdancer. He taunted you and made you look silly.

You cant tell me that Trout didn't know what he was up against...c'mon man.

I still like Trout, but he must know that he didnt do enough tonight. He pretty much admitted who the better man was. That doesn't mean that Canelo is this "elite" fighter, but Trout's lack of initiative hurt him tonight.
mgrover
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Apr 21 2013, 05:10 AM) *

The rematch clause was in Canelo's favor, not yours. If you didn't a rematch clause, then you're not getting one. Move on dude.

He slipped most of your shots and he made you look like a drunk breakdancer. He taunted you and made you look silly.

I still like Trout, but he must know that he didnt do enough tonight. He pretty much admitted who the better man was. That doesn't mean that Canelo is this "elite" fighter, but Trout's lack of initiative hurt him tonight.

Any man that gets KD and dominates the round deserves respect. I love how people keep saying how Canelo was slipping this and that when he himself was missing like a bitchhhh.
Franchize
Yall are being a bit harsh on this man. It's easier said than done to just "go out and win." The dude got rocked hard. He still came forward. Yes he should have been more aggressive but that's not his forte.
Amandla
QUOTE (checkleft @ Apr 21 2013, 12:09 AM) *
I don't ever do this. But you are stupid

And as I can see from your sig you're not really a boxing fan you're just an Argentine patriot.
aTYpicalTYrant
QUOTE (mgrover @ Apr 21 2013, 12:11 AM) *
Any man that gets KD and dominates the round deserves respect. I love how people keep saying how Canelo was slipping this and that when he himself was missing like a bitchhhh.

No1 acknowledges that side of the fight.... My issue is if things weren't so political (or more regulated) Boxers wouldn't have to do more to gain a victory. You shouldn't have to prove a reason why you deserve a win when you are winning. But fuck it. That's a C Note down the drain.
mgrover
At the end of the day it doesn't really matter does it, when you have a judge, that am sure wrote out his score sheet the night before the fight giving Canelo 118 there's not much anyone could do, I say we all tweet the shit outta ODLH and ask how much he paid the judge.
sduck
I saw a close fight. Canelo controlled the first half of the fight, then I thought Trout took over, but didn't take over big, not as big as Canelo had controlled earlier. Trout looked disappointed at the end, I think he felt he didn't do enough to win the fight. What I saw is that he came in confident, and then seemed surprised and then frustrated by how better Canelo was then he anticipated.
Cshel86

Canelo DID slip a lot of stuff tonight, and that's coming from a guy who cant stand him. He didn't have much to slip, because Trout was throwing and missing/grazing. I was frustrated, and again, it reminded me of RJJ/Calzaghe, and Canelo's confidence was oozing tonight. I'll have to go back and watch it again minus the booze though. Lol

QUOTE (Franchize @ Apr 21 2013, 12:13 AM) *
Yall are being a bit harsh on this man. It's easier said than done to just "go out and win." The dude got rocked hard. He still came forward. Yes he should have been more aggressive but that's not his forte.

With all of these odds stacked against him, he knew what he had to do.
Franchize
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Apr 21 2013, 12:10 AM) *

But he said exactly that. He didn't make any excuses. Of course he's going to say he wants a rematch. It's a pay day. Is he going to say, "yo I lost. Oh well. I guess I will be fighting Bundrage and Spinks type guys for the rest of my career." I just think the better man with the better plan won. He said it himself. I don't think it was lack of initiative. I think it was realizing, even though his chin is iron strong, this kid can bend iron with his punches. So he went forward a little more aggressively but he got dropped for the 1st time in his career. I'm sure it was in the back of his head.
Franchize
*****not sure why this posted twice*****
sduck
QUOTE (aTYpicalTYrant @ Apr 20 2013, 11:06 PM) *
What were your thoughts on that 118-109 Scorecard? Lol

I saw the fight going either way, really. But yeah, that scorecard was definitely watching Canelo the entire fight.
The Original MrFactor
QUOTE (mgrover @ Apr 20 2013, 11:24 PM) *
Wtf? Is this HBO? All I can hear from the commentators is how Canelos doing this and that...

Exactly how I felt as i watched. Fairly close fight that was probably 115-113ish either way and the Knockdown takes a point from Trout either way. The scorecards were a bit farther apart than They should have been. trout didnt do enough to cement rounds. I think he was generally outboxing, but not outclassing Canelo. I hope they never do another fight in Texas.

Alvarez went up several notches today in my book. His defense is underrated and he does box well. THERE IS NO WAY MAYWEATHER WILL EVER FIGHT HIM!!
Amandla

Yeah, any man that beats Mihuel Cotto at the Garden deserves a fair shake aswell.

Canelo is definitely proving himself as the man. There should be a rematch but there was no WAR.

We KNOW Trout can take a punch man. He should have been running in and slugging it.

Thing is Canelo tested that chin and that chin came up short. I was kinda hoping for the other way around, that Trout would get in there and REALLY shake him down and we'd see his legs get shook or something.

I guess Cotto doesn't hit as hard as the redhead.
checkleft
QUOTE (Amandla @ Apr 20 2013, 11:15 PM) *
And as I can see from your sig you're not really a boxing fan you're just an Argentine patriot.

I'm Mexican. And that's beside the point. Only a moron would say trout would have to be more aggressive when he was.the only one pushing the tempo
Cshel86
Anybody ready for Canelo/Cotto this fall? IF, and I mean IF JMM/Pac happens on Sept. 14th, then I don't think GBP would be dumb enough to stage this fight on the same date...who knows though.
KOpower
Canelo looked good. I thought his defense was improved. Trout did well for himself. He is an excellent fighter. Canelo vs Mayweather would be great...buti won't hold my breath.
BrutUalBK
QUOTE (sduck @ Apr 20 2013, 11:20 PM) *
I saw the fight going either way, really. But yeah, that scorecard was definitely watching Canelo the entire fight.

Yeah old Stanley C must have been watching a totally different fight, I thought they should've showed the jab stats too, it appears AT had won it by my score 115-113 but either way the fight was close and nowhere near that score.
Amandla
QUOTE (checkleft @ Apr 21 2013, 12:23 AM) *
I'm Mexican. And that's beside the point. Only a moron would say trout would have to be more aggressive when he was.the only one pushing the tempo

If aggressive is landing punches that pop he wasn't doing that.

If aggressive jumping around and throwing punches that don't land right and ducking in and out a lot yeah I guess we have different ideas of what aggressive means in this case.
mgrover
I don't think am going to bother with anymore Golden Boy cards, I cba staying up to stupid o clock when the results have already been determined yano, I may as well watch WWE.
BigFightFan
I don't have a problem with the fact that Canelo won, the margin of victory is what has me puzzled. I'm interested to see what rounds they have Trout
Cshel86
QUOTE (Franchize @ Apr 21 2013, 12:20 AM) *
But he said exactly that. He didn't make any excuses. Of course he's going to say he wants a rematch. It's a pay day. Is he going to say, "yo I lost. Oh well. I guess I will be fighting Bundrage and Spinks type guys for the rest of my career." I just think the better man with the better plan won. He said it himself. I don't think it was lack of initiative. I think it was realizing, even though his chin is iron strong, this kid can bend iron with his punches. So he went forward a little more aggressively but he got dropped for the 1st time in his career. I'm sure it was in the back of his head.

Agreed

That sad part is, he already signed for Canelo to get a rematch if he lost, but didn't look out for himself in the even that he lost. Looks like he'll be waiting on the sideline for nothing.

As throwed as I am, I didnt REALLY see a knockdown for Canelo. I had him pulling off the upset by TKO because I didn't like him, not because I thought he could do it.

I wanted it to be in the back of Trout's head, but he did fight like it was in the front, for the remainder of the fight. Im drunk, stop messin wit me. I wanna make my point, but too drunk to defend. lool
mgrover
See I wouldn't either if they gave it something like 114-113, even the 115-112 was pretty fair. I wonder which judge gave the really wide score?
Franchize
If Cotto fights Canelo, he might as well just prepare his kids and wife to start crying because he's going to get his lumped up. I want to see Canelo take on real challenges. Go fight some 154 lbers and up. Even if he beats Mayweather, I won't be impressed. It's gotta stop somewhere man. I know we yearn for a guy to really threaten Floyd but my goodness. Both dudes are 30 lbs heavier than him.
Franchize
QUOTE (mgrover @ Apr 21 2013, 12:31 AM) *
See I wouldn't either if they gave it something like 114-113, even the 115-112 was pretty fair. I wonder which judge gave the really wide score?

Stanley Christodolou
mgrover
QUOTE (Franchize @ Apr 21 2013, 05:33 AM) *
Stanley Christodolou

The south African dude is he white? Brought up around the same time as Apartheid hmmmm. See am trying to justify his score card without him being bribed
Cshel86
QUOTE (mgrover @ Apr 21 2013, 12:38 AM) *
The south African dude is he white? Brought up around the same time as Apartheid hmmmm. See am trying to justify his score card without him being bribed

laugh.gif
Amandla
QUOTE (mgrover @ Apr 21 2013, 12:31 AM) *

Whoever it was they were saying whatever Trout did (barring a KO) he could only have won tonight by SD.

Which stinks. On my card he won but like its been said he should have stepped up.

Same way he stepped up in the Garden, thing is he looked SHOOK when he was in that arena tonight.

I noticed it from the start I thought...something doesn't look right. He doesn't look focused...and it came out in the end.

I remember Cotto's face at the garden and it was mashed right up and Trout looked clean as a whistle.

At the end of this fight it was Trouts eye was a little closed over and Canelo was clean..so yeah I don't begrudge the result.

The scoring is a bit shady though.
checkleft
QUOTE (Amandla @ Apr 20 2013, 11:25 PM) *
If aggressive is landing punches that pop he wasn't doing that.

If aggressive jumping around and throwing punches that don't land right and ducking in and out a lot yeah I guess we have different ideas of what aggressive means in this case.

I'm not gonna bother bro. Dick is obscuring your vision obviously
Amandla
QUOTE (checkleft @ Apr 21 2013, 12:46 AM) *
I'm not gonna bother bro. Dick is obscuring your vision obviously

somebody call an ambulance I'm hurt
Hotsauce
i stop judging the fight when i heard 80-71
Cshel86
QUOTE (Amandla @ Apr 21 2013, 12:44 AM) *
Whoever it was they were saying whatever Trout did (barring a KO) he could only have won tonight by SD.

Which stinks. On my card he won but like its been said he should have stepped up.

Same way he stepped up in the Garden, thing is he looked SHOOK when he was in that arena tonight.

I noticed it from the start I thought...something doesn't look right. He doesn't look focused...and it came out in the end.

I remember Cotto's face at the garden and it was mashed right up and Trout looked clean as a whistle.

At the end of this fight it was Trouts eye was a little closed over and Canelo was clean..so yeah I don't begrudge the result.

The scoring is a bit shady though.

Agreed, as for the scoring being shady.

I believe Canelo could've won still though.
Plah
Saw a close decision for Trout even though he didn't threw combinations and was only jabbing and moving. While Canelo's defense has improved, he didn't do anything. Just sit there taking jabs and potshots while throwing the straight right and some wild punches occasionally. Those cards made me sick.
The Original MrFactor
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Apr 21 2013, 12:30 AM) *
Agreed

That sad part is, he already signed for Canelo to get a rematch if he lost, but didn't look out for himself in the even that he lost. Looks like he'll be waiting on the sideline for nothing.

As throwed as I am, I didnt REALLY see a knockdown for Canelo. I had him pulling off the upset by TKO because I didn't like him, not because I thought he could do it.

I wanted it to be in the back of Trout's head, but he did fight like it was in the front, for the remainder of the fight. Im drunk, stop messin wit me. I wanna make my point, but too drunk to defend. lool

LOL!!! Youza funny guy!!!
The Original MrFactor
Did they mention the unofficial weights tonite? Or does Texas not do that when Canelo or Chavez Jr are fighting?
The Original MrFactor
QUOTE (Hotsauce @ Apr 21 2013, 12:50 AM) *

Yup that kinda took the air out of my balloon too.
Cshel86
QUOTE (The Original MrFactor @ Apr 21 2013, 01:08 AM) *
LOL!!! Youza funny guy!!!

Dont laugh at me in my weakest moments, lol.
The Original MrFactor
QUOTE (Franchize @ Apr 21 2013, 12:33 AM) *
If Cotto fights Canelo, he might as well just prepare his kids and wife to start crying because he's going to get his lumped up. I want to see Canelo take on real challenges. Go fight some 154 lbers and up. Even if he beats Mayweather, I won't be impressed. It's gotta stop somewhere man. I know we yearn for a guy to really threaten Floyd but my goodness. Both dudes are 30 lbs heavier than him.

LOL!!! pretty much.

I think Canelo just got a decision against the best guy at 154. Who was better than Trout at 54? Mayweather will not fight Canelo. He'll never admit this. I'm really curious what the Mayweather camp will have to say about this. No excuses why the fight cant happen. Canelo is with Goldenboy, he's with Showtime and he will be available in September. Not to mention, Canelo wants that fight. Revenge for his mentor, DLH.
Cshel86
Did anybody score this fight as a 7-5 affair? If you did, then you cant be mad that it went in Canelo's favor. NOW, those crazy score cards are one thing, but the fact that the fight was that close, gives it the right to allow fuckery to happen. No way Trout should've let it get that close, being that the given circumstances were in place.
Hotsauce
QUOTE (The Original MrFactor @ Apr 21 2013, 12:09 AM) *
Did they mention the unofficial weights tonite? Or does Texas not do that when Canelo or Chavez Jr are fighting?

172 and 171, i think
Cshel86
QUOTE (The Original MrFactor @ Apr 21 2013, 01:18 AM) *
Canelo wants that fight. Revenge for his mentor, DLH.

Revenge for his brother is one thing, but revenge for a high-paying, booty-snatching opportunist, is another. Let's see how this goes.
Plah
QUOTE (Hotsauce @ Apr 21 2013, 01:22 AM) *
172 and 171, i think

Really? Damn
Hotsauce
QUOTE (Plah @ Apr 21 2013, 12:24 AM) *
Really? Damn

yea canelo and trout are some big motherfuckers
happygocampy
I'll go against the grain and offer diversity to this thread, i think ya'll are crazy. The Showtime crew did pathetic as usual with the exception of Moro, he's the only one that called stuff correctly. They nuthugged Trout all night long. I got sick of watching their replays of Trouts grazing/glancing blows and Canelo's harder/cleaner blows and them trying to twist how Trout was doing so much better, then they give Canelo 10-9 in the kd rnd, how the fuck? Canelo didn't even get staggered nor dominated after that, Showtime must not offer Vision insurance to their employees. Both of these fighters i could care less about, I'm not a fan of either, what i saw was Punch for Punch Canelo beat Trout tonight. I gave Trout rnds 1, 3, 8, and 12. That's it. Any "close" round i gave to the guy that actually landed meaningful hard punches.
Plah
QUOTE (happygocampy @ Apr 21 2013, 01:50 AM) *
I'll go against the grain and offer diversity to this thread, i think ya'll are crazy. The Showtime crew did pathetic as usual with the exception of Moro, he's the only one that called stuff correctly. They nuthugged Trout all night long. I got sick of watching their replays of Trouts grazing/glancing blows and Canelo's harder/cleaner blows and them trying to twist how Trout was doing so much better, then they give Canelo 10-9 in the kd rnd, how the fuck? Canelo didn't even get staggered nor dominated after that, Showtime must not offer Vision insurance to their employees. Both of these fighters i could care less about, I'm not a fan of either, what i saw was Punch for Punch Canelo beat Trout tonight. I gave Trout rnds 1, 3, 8, and 12. That's it. Any "close" round i gave to the guy that actually landed meaningful hard punches.

And that's why I thank the lord you are not a prize fight judge. (Not that the judges were any good tonight smh)
The Original MrFactor
QUOTE (happygocampy @ Apr 21 2013, 01:50 AM) *

Wow, you didnt give Trout round 6?!?!?! Canelo got hit with a body punch and did next to nothing?!?! If there was ever a convincing Trout round it was 6. I can see people having it close. I thought the Showtime folks were heavy on the Alvarez tip. Trout would land a right or a left and they'd mention it, but if Canelo landed one punch in the exchange their volume would go up.

I hope Paulie remembers his fight scores when he fights Mayweather Jr jr this summer because all the reasons he gave for Trout not winning will be the same ones he will have for not winning.
checkleft
QUOTE (Hotsauce @ Apr 20 2013, 11:50 PM) *

Same here

QUOTE (Plah @ Apr 20 2013, 11:58 PM) *
Saw a close decision for Trout even though he didn't threw combinations and was only jabbing and moving. While Canelo's defense has improved, he didn't do anything. Just sit there taking jabs and potshots while throwing the straight right and some wild punches occasionally. Those cards made me sick.

I didn't gave it that close. But there were 1-2 difficult rounds I could have thrown the other way. I agree with the rest of your analysis tho.

Quote of the night-- "No way Floyd wins a decision against this kid, canelo wins rounds by doing nothing for 3 minutes"
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.