Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Double header in june feat. Mikey Garcia and Terrance Crawford
FightHype Community > BOXING HYPE > Boxing
checkleft
So I heard about this on BS and I'm excited. Always fun to see Garcia and I'm excited to see Crawford in the ring again.

Is Hbo taking the right steps so far? It seems like they have a lot of young stars still with this top rank stable, maybe they didn't get such a raw deal after all?

I'm excited for this card, but what do you guys think?
mrchitown
Should be good, I'm very interested to see the development of Terrance Crawford
Franchize
I like this but I think this is more of an exception to the rule. Let's be frank here. Mikey Garcia and Terence Crawford are NOT typical Top Prank fighters. In fact, unless they completely embarrass one of Bob's cash cows, Bob probably won't be pushing them into the spotlight very much, regardless of their success in the ring. (at least in the case of Crawford.) HBO clearly, IMO, will be turning into Top Prank's network.
Cshel86
QUOTE (Franchize @ Apr 26 2013, 08:52 AM) *
I like this but I think this is more of an exception to the rule. Let's be frank here. Mikey Garcia and Terence Crawford are NOT typical Top Prank fighters. In fact, unless they completely embarrass one of Bob's cash cows, Bob probably won't be pushing them into the spotlight very much, regardless of their success in the ring. (at least in the case of Crawford.) HBO clearly, IMO, will be turning into Top Prank's network.

What other choices do they have??? Lol

It'll be a Top Rank show over there for good. DiBella, Shaw, and Goosen will take part in the festivities and make sure that their fighters can get decent paydays against Bob's fighters.

Crawford has talent, but I'm not sure if Arum's gonna push him. He showed excellent skills against Prescott, but we have to look at it from a "fan's" standpoint (translation: casual fan). They probably thought it was boring as hell, so I dont know if they'll be making a fuss to see him again. Now, had he stopped Prescott, then that would've been a different story.
checkleft
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Apr 26 2013, 09:42 AM) *
What other choices do they have??? Lol

It'll be a Top Rank show over there for good. DiBella, Shaw, and Goosen will take part in the festivities and make sure that their fighters can get decent paydays against Bob's fighters.

Crawford has talent, but I'm not sure if Arum's gonna push him. He showed excellent skills against Prescott, but we have to look at it from a "fan's" standpoint (translation: casual fan). They probably thought it was boring as hell, so I dont know if they'll be making a fuss to see him again. Now, had he stopped Prescott, then that would've been a different story.

I remember bob being pretty excited after the show Crawford put on against Prescott. The only thing he didn't do was ko Prescott everything else he did beautifully
daprofessor
glad/shocked they're bringing crawford back so soon.
flazi
so wait, bob was excited about the boxing crawford did, but talked shit about the boxing rigondeaux did?
daprofessor
QUOTE (flazi @ Apr 26 2013, 06:33 PM) *
so wait, bob was excited about the boxing crawford did, but talked shit about the boxing rigondeaux did?

no shit. laugh.gif
checkleft
QUOTE (flazi @ Apr 26 2013, 06:33 PM) *

Were talking about the same guy that said mayweather was the next Ali before he left his stable. I think his middle name is hypocrite
klonopinz
is there any info on who garcia is facing?
daprofessor
QUOTE (klonopinz @ Apr 26 2013, 08:27 PM) *
is there any info on who garcia is facing?

i don't recall where i read/heard it...but i thought garcia mentioned juanma lopez.
checkleft
QUOTE (daprofessor @ Apr 26 2013, 09:59 PM) *
i don't recall where i read/heard it...but i thought garcia mentioned juanma lopez.

It's not Juanma, something ortiz..?
mgrover
QUOTE (flazi @ Apr 26 2013, 11:33 PM) *

I think it's cause he saw what we did when Crawford was in the Orthodox stance. He was landing fast fluid combinations
checkleft
QUOTE (mgrover @ Apr 28 2013, 04:46 PM) *
I think it's cause he saw what we did when Crawford was in the Orthodox stance. He was landing fast fluid combinations

I think its because hes a hypocrite
flazi
yeah i'll take hypocrite lol
daprofessor
QUOTE (flazi @ Apr 30 2013, 05:30 PM) *
yeah i'll take hypocrite lol

+1
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.