Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Showtime@9PM(ET)/6PM(PT): Garcia vs. Judah SPOILERS
FightHype Community > BOXING HYPE > Boxing
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4
Jack 1000
Catch all the action and post-fight reactions to the Garcia-Judah fight tonight in this thread! Keep all related fight comments in this thread.

Jack

Administrator
C.Alarid1
QUOTE (Jack 1000 @ Apr 27 2013, 02:15 PM) *
Catch all the action and post-fight reactions to the Garcia-Judah fight tonight in this thread! Keep all related fight comments in this thread.

Jack

Administrator

The fight starts at 6pm. I have all the showtime channels and mine says that they aren't showing the fight until 9pm. Does anyone else have to wait until 9 to watch it or can you guys see it at 6pm?
Dolimite
QUOTE (C.Alarid1 @ Apr 27 2013, 12:27 PM) *
The fight starts at 6pm. I have all the showtime channels and mine says that they aren't showing the fight until 9pm. Does anyone else have to wait until 9 to watch it or can you guys see it at 6pm?

6 PM is pacific time so the fight will start at 9 Eastern time so either way you have to wait unless you live in on the West Coast.

By the way my prediction: Judah by stoppage in the 10th or did I say 9th? Either way Judah takes the unexpected W!
Jack 1000
QUOTE (C.Alarid1 @ Apr 27 2013, 03:27 PM) *

Showtime Extreme often shows the prelims, you can check your guide for the undercard times. I don't know what they are for that channel. Eastern Time is 9PM, Central is 8PM and Pacific is 6PM for Judah-Garcia.

Jack
BigDDatHomey
QUOTE (Dolimite @ Apr 27 2013, 03:41 PM) *
6 PM is pacific time so the fight will start at 9 Eastern time so either way you have to wait unless you live in on the West Coast.

By the way my prediction: Judah by stoppage in the 10th or did I say 9th? Either way Judah takes the unexpected W!

I would love to see Zab pull it off. I think he has the fight as long as he doesn't exchange with Garcia. His stamina is always a question. Danny can bang buy Judah can outbox him.
C.Alarid1
I'm in pacific time so I should be able to see the fight at 6 right? But my tv says it will be on at 9. This sucks. Looks like I won't be on fight hype during the fight because I don't want to hear the spoilers until I watch it.
Jack 1000
QUOTE (C.Alarid1 @ Apr 27 2013, 04:33 PM) *
I'm in pacific time so I should be able to see the fight at 6 right? But my tv says it will be on at 9. This sucks. Looks like I won't be on fight hype during the fight because I don't want to hear the spoilers until I watch it.

West Coast will be on tape delay when the fight starts at 9 in your guide. I understand the confusion some may have. The reason why we do the ET/PT, is that there are some fights that are not delayed to the West Coast, so we want the live time to be noted for both time zones. Many years ago, we tried only a single time zone, I think it was just Eastern Time, and we would have people on the West Coast saying that they came home too late and missed the fight.

Personally, I think that there should ALWAYS be a live feed for West Coast subs, but unfortunately, it doesn't work out that way. Your on-screen guide hopefully should provide accurate information for scheduling and DVR'ing if necessary.

Jack
C.Alarid1
Thanks Jack1000
Cshel86
This is danny's fight, and if it goes the full 12, then it will be all Danny's fault. Zab's ripe for the picking around the 4th or 5th, so again, if this goes the full 12, then Danny will be at fault. If Zab rushes and isn''t successful, then he get countered and stopped. If he hangs in there, then he'll eventually go down late...shortly after the 6th.

Quillen not making weight, bothers me a bit. If it plays on his mental, then Guerrero will take advantage and walk away with the W.
Cshel86
Quiilen doesn't look 100% prepared for this one...I guess it's his body language. Who knows.

I cant STAND Fernando Guerrero though...no2.gif

Though much hasn't happened, Guerrero looks to be the better boxer of the two.
Cshel86
Uhhhh...not sure who to give that to. Not much happened, but Qullien landed a right hand that got the crowd's attention.
Cshel86
Quillen dropped Guerrero in the 2nf with a right hand!!! OOOOOHHHHH!!!
Cshel86
2nd time hitting the deck for Guerrero!!! Damn! His legs are gone.
Cshel86
Good job by Guerrero for surviving that round...though the knockdown happened in the last 30 seconds. Maybe that knockdown will wake him up, or maybe he's almost on his way outta there. Quillen needs to slow down before he gasses out.
Cshel86
Guerrero just cant seem to get on the inside. He's almost able to land his left hand, but Quillen shouldn't let Guerrero get his legs back like he's doing right now.

3rd to Guerrero

This shit is gonna end up being one of those fights where a guy goes down early, just to fight all the way back to a draw or decision. Barry Hunter that dude!
Cshel86
Maybe Guerrero edged the 4th...he was able to back Quillen up and land some lefts.
Cshel86
Nevermind...Quillen almost dropped Guerrero at the end of the round with a right hand and a balance problem...dude did a stankin' chicken dance and everythang. SMH
Cshel86
Guerrero is able to freeze Quillen when he dips and throws straight left and left hooks, but he backs up and gets countered. C'mon dude, follow up correctly.
Cshel86
Quillen looks confused in the 6th....

Guerrero won the 6th...he landed A LOT of lefts. Did they hurt Quillen? Who knows...but they DID score points for Guerrero.
Franchize
Fuck I don't know what fight to watch
Cshel86
Guerrero's glove touched the canvas in the 7th...dude got a bit too careless.
Cshel86
Nevermind...he's down again and the ref called it off.

Franchize...what's up sir! laugh.gif
Franchize
Oh shit...I missed it lmao And oh shit....Quillin got a tooth?
Cshel86
Quillen by TKO in the 7th round. Guerrero is slick fighter, but he gets ahead of himself and goes beyond his scope when he appears to have the advantage.
Franchize
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Apr 27 2013, 09:43 PM) *
Nevermind...he's down again and the ref called it off.

Franchize...what's up sir! laugh.gif

Wassup homie?
Cshel86
QUOTE (Franchize @ Apr 27 2013, 09:48 PM) *
Wassup homie?

Shit. Drunk off this Bourbon from this wedding reception. Glad to see Guerrero swim on the canvas. I actually felt a bit bad for him, but his self-absorbed sense of fame just kills me.
Franchize
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Apr 27 2013, 09:50 PM) *
Shit. Drunk off this Bourbon from this wedding reception. Glad to see Guerrero swim on the canvas. I actually felt a bit bad for him, but his self-absorbed sense of fame just kills me.

I miss it =/ Didn't know what fight to watch. Got caught in between switching channels lol
Cshel86
QUOTE (Franchize @ Apr 27 2013, 10:02 PM) *
I miss it =/ Didn't know what fight to watch. Got caught in between switching channels lol

LOL, same here.

I've been a creep with a bunch of bougie bride's maids and maids of honor, to no avail, so it's time for my #1 lady...boxing.

I think Zab is gonna be extra careless because of this Brooklyn crowd.
Cshel86
Man I hope Yoel has a voice in the corner tonight.

"Yo Zab, *takes off his glasses*, listen to me man, I need you to rumble with this bitch! You want this championship??? Huh? Well take it to this bitch! I need combinations, AH, AH, Ah, BOOM, hard shots. Now go out there fight".
aTYpicalTYrant
Maybe I'm hating BUT I swear Kirk Franklin is just not the best choice of music for coming into the ring..... LMAO. If you a thug then be a thug
mgrover
am backkkk
Cshel86
Damn! Security hasn't split the ring sing Tyson/Lewis.

They're STILL selling this fight. LOL
mgrover
Such bullshit lol nothing even happened, also round Garcia
aTYpicalTYrant
10-9 Garcia
Franchize
I actually like James Harvey as a trainer somewhat
KOpower
Not a great deal happened in round 1. Garcia landed a few rights that were the difference.

Round 1: 10-9 Garcia

Through 1: 10-9 Garcia
Cshel86
Garcia landed a looping right hand, while Zab landed a couple of straight lefts to the body. Swift is a bit quick in this fight, but he still has to deal with Judah's experience and straight shots to the body.

Not sure who to give it to. Danny landed a couple of big shots, but not all that big. Judah is trying to make Danny work hard and think too much. The emotion may have gotten the best of Zab, but its too early to tell.
Cshel86
Judah isn't doing shit in the 2nd. Zab's getting controlled in this round, though nothing big has landed yet.

Judah IS the better boxer of the two, so why the fuck is he struggling. He landed a shot at the end, but hell, Danny has been mixing his right hands up and keeping Zab on the defense.
mgrover
Round Garcia
Franchize
Danny is so limited. He'd better hope his pops shows more discretion after this fight. The right counter puncher is going to beat the cheesesteak outta his Philly ass
aTYpicalTYrant
Damn good round could go either way but I gave it to Danny

20-18 Garcia
KOpower
Action picked up a bit in round 2 with Zab landing some nice shots at the end. Close round because Garcia was controlled most of the 2nd. I still give it to Garcia, but it was close.

Round 2: 10-9 Garcia

Through 2: 20-18 Garcia

mgrover
Danny maybe limited, but can't even seem to miss Judah lol
KOpower
A couple of straight lefts land for Judah and I give him round 3.

Round 2: 10-9 Garcia
Round 3: 10-9 Judah

Through 2: 29-28 Garcia
mgrover
Round Judah
2-1
Franchize
2-1 Danny. Judah won that round and the end of the 2nd but Danny had the more complete 2nd round. Close fight. I just hope Judah's success doesn't make him get wild.
Cshel86
I think Judah found some success and was able to set up some left hands.

I dont wanna see Danny following Judah...something's sure to land if he keeps that up. Zab wins the 3rd.

Zab loosened up a bit in the 3rd.
BigFightFan
Zab needs to land something big soon before he loses confidence and fatigues.
aTYpicalTYrant
29-28 Garcia
aTYpicalTYrant
39-37 Garcia

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.