Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Chicago visit: What to see?
FightHype Community > OTHER HYPE > General Discussion
Amandla
Okay I'm heading to Chicago in November to see the Packers beat the Bears. Never been to Chicago before. I was wondering if any locals..(I see a forum member is from Chicago) could give me a heads up on good places to go visit, have a good time and just places to go see.

I've got a decent budget but just gimme some ideas of cool stuff to do in Chicago cos I'm running out of ideas.

What are the good blues clubs? (I fancy seeing some good stuff)

What are the good places for local food? (I fancy something meaty but suggest away)

Any interesting sights to go and see that won't be TOO touristy but maybe a little bit...something boxing related would be good.

Thanks in advance
Cshel86
QUOTE (Amandla @ Apr 28 2013, 03:33 AM) *
Okay I'm heading to Chicago in November to see the Packers beat the Bears. Never been to Chicago before. I was wondering if any locals..(I see a forum member is from Chicago) could give me a heads up on good places to go visit, have a good time and just places to go see.

I've got a decent budget but just gimme some ideas of cool stuff to do in Chicago cos I'm running out of ideas.

What are the good blues clubs? (I fancy seeing some good stuff)

What are the good places for local food? (I fancy something meaty but suggest away)

Any interesting sights to go and see that won't be TOO touristy but maybe a little bit...something boxing related would be good.

Thanks in advance

I'll be sticking around to hear some suggestions, because I too would like to go to Chicago in the near future. Regardless of all the bullshit I hear about Chicago (violence, etc.), I'm 110% sure that there are some nice areas down there for tourists.

I've always heard about how good the pizza is there...is that a myth???
Amandla
The frozen pizza? I guess they reckon thats the best way to cook it!

Serious, I'm going in November. I'm good for money I just want some suggestions.

Come ooon! I love the Bulls! Pippen and Jordan!

Come ooon!
daprofessor
green bay beat the bears?

i'll give u some good places to visit. start off in englewood on the south side. then check out 18th st....from there u might want to go to K town (westside) and just roam around. be sure to wear any combination of the following colors to be received well....black and gold, black and blue, black and red. wear a baseball cap banked to the left or right.

let me know how that works out for you.

pizza: giordano's, lou malnattis or geno's.

blues clubs: kingston mines, buddy guy's

boxing related: any of the gyms....jabb, body shot boxing club, garfield park boxing club....
Cshel86
QUOTE (daprofessor @ May 22 2013, 03:34 PM) *
green bay beat the bears?

i'll give u some good places to visit. start off in englewood on the south side. then check out 18th st....from there u might want to go to K town (westside) and just roam around. be sure to wear any combination of the following colors to be received well....black and gold, black and blue, black and red. wear a baseball cap banked to the left or right.

let me know how that works out for you.

pizza: giordano's, lou malnattis or geno's.

blues clubs: kingston mines, buddy guy's

boxing related: any of the gyms....jabb, body shot boxing club, garfield park boxing club....

Translation: You've been warned.

laugh.gif
daprofessor
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ May 29 2013, 01:45 PM) *
Translation: You've been warned.

laugh.gif

laugh.gif

seriously though...don't leave the city without trying out one of the pizza joints i mentioned. to maximize your trip...go during taste of chicago. u can hit all the best restaurants at once right on the lake front where there will be no shortage of fine females....plenty of drink....and good times to be had by all!!! really a great time to visit.
Amandla
QUOTE (daprofessor @ Jun 3 2013, 10:56 PM) *
laugh.gif

seriously though...don't leave the city without trying out one of the pizza joints i mentioned. to maximize your trip...go during taste of chicago. u can hit all the best restaurants at once right on the lake front where there will be no shortage of fine females....plenty of drink....and good times to be had by all!!! really a great time to visit.

tanks professor! getting all that in my diary
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.